Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Lilith Fauve's Travels, Seasle
Grimm
 Posted: Jul 31 2013, 08:55 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Total Posts: 715
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:
Lauren Kilfelter, Josie Walter, Matthew Newgrange

Awards: None

[All right. To recap: Lilith was recruited into the order and her technical first mission was to go and help out with the Grand Festival. She has now returned and this is her second mission. Seas, you know what to do with egg posts and everything else!]

The Grand Festival concluded soon enough, and then it was time to go home. Lady Greene gave Lilith a day or two to do whatever she wanted--running around Miramossa chased closely by Sigi in case she decided to set something on fire, perhaps?--before calling her in for the second mission since she was an official Guardian of this "city." The best Lilith could gauge as to why Lady Greene did not dump a task into her hands immediately were some whispered conversations in the local inn of a "big thing" going on near Miramossa that had all of the area's few Senior Guardians on guard and patrolling said area. No clue where this "big thing" was, though, or perhaps people had been careful to not let it out, or they simply did not know, period. The latter was likely. Nonetheless, she could go exploring as she liked; nobody was stopping her, or could stop her.

Either way, it was the dawn of the fourth day since Lilith's return from Cape Augustine that she woke up to a xatu standing in her room, staring at her with its creepy black eyes. Upon earning her attention, the bird chirped once, gravely, before extending its wing and revealing something hidden beneath. There, tucked neatly against two ridges of the feathered limb, was a letter in gray parchment and a red wax seal that bore the crest of the lady. A summons. With one final blink, the xatu vanished in a Teleport, leaving Lilith alone to prepare.

There was only a single big building of any noteworthy importance in the whole of Miramossa, where the main inn was located and also where the Lady and her assistant Stan Craft lived. As Lilith made her way up to the building--or, if she had chosen to be lodged within this very same building, made her way to the greeting chambers which the Lady usually held counsel--she would see a surprisingly small number of Guardians. Those who she saw either waved or yawned good-morning at her (it was still pretty early; maybe that was why?) and scuttle on their way, mumbling in the irritable manner of the sleep-deprived.

Posted in front of the chambers themselves was another Guardian, this one a bull of a man with the face resembling a peeved tauros. He looked down his nose at Lilith when she came up to him, snorted derisively, and said, "Lilith Fauve?" Without waiting for confirmation, he turned and opened the door. "Get in. You are running late, girl."

Then he nearly had a brain aneurysm as he saw what was going on inside, for the largest room of the chambers, the "living room," was not actually occupied by Lady Greene as it should be but instead by a blond-haired man dressed in chainmail armors reclining in a rocking chair by the lit fireplace at the end of the room, a book in his hands, his feet on the coffee table nearby, and a pink cat curled on his lap.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, SCOUNDREL?!" thundered the Guardian, stomping in, his hand on the hilt of his sword. "That is the Lady's chair!"

The blond man looked up, blinked at him, then pointed to the door that joined the living room with another room. As he did so, Lady Greene stepped out, accompanied by her slowking. She smiled gently at the Guardian and Lilith, pointedly and politely ignoring how the man's jaw was on the floor. "You need not worry, Stein," the noblewoman said calmly. "I have invited him in." Before the stranger's face could get too smug, however, she added wryly, "But I did not invite him to sit in my chair."

"Then please, my lady! Allow me the honor of lobbing those dirty legs of his off--"

"Oi, now! These are good legs!" the stranger cut him off immediately, looking offended. "Beautiful legs in fact. I need them."

Nonetheless, he took them off the coffee table. Lady Greene shook her head, then waved a hand in a dismissive gesture to the older Guardian. With one last fuming glare, he left the room, slamming the door behind him. If Lilith was still close enough to the door, she could hear him muttering curses just outside.

With him gone, Lady Greene nodded to Lilith in a polite manner. "Good morning, dear," she said kindly, as though addressing a child rather than a Guardian of hers. "I hope you slept well? Would you like some tea? The kind dear Stan brews is the best there is."

"It was," the stranger said agreeably, hopping up from his chair. The cat in his lap opened her eyes and leaped off, landing on the ground without a sound. She was, quite obviously now, an espeon, and her forked tail flicked through the air in a quiet, contemplative nature. She studied Lilith for a second before snorting and sliding away, tossing her head in an arrogant way.

Her handler--for that must have been who the stranger was--shot Lilith a sheepish look and ran a hand through his flaxen hair. But Lady Greene spoke first, just as her slowking slowly made its way over to Lilith with a tray of tea, the dopey smile fixed on its face. "I hope you are well rested, Lilith. There had been a bit of a problem in the outskirt of town lately, but our Senior Guardians had done a very good job in seeing to it. However...not all of my fears are allayed, and I thought to myself, a scouting mission would be an excellent learning opportunity for a new Guardian, now would it not?"

She turned to smile at the stranger, and he grinned back. "Our forces are spread thin at the moment, and while Lafayette Newgrange is not an official member of our organization, he is one of our most trustworthy civilian scouts. He found something of an interesting nature lately, southeast of here towards the desert. I would like you, Lilith and Sigi, to accompany him in this journey and report to me once you have returned."

"At ye service!" Lafayette Newgrange offered cheekily, sweeping into an extravagant bow. Then he bound past Lilith and towards the door, his espeon following him at a more sedate pace, rolling her eyes. He gave her a wink as he passed by whilst throwing the door open, nearly knocking the Guardian standing guard outside in the back. "It's good t'see ye, milady. Call me Faye for short. That girl--" he cocked his head at the espeon "--is Eleanor. Say hi!"

Hi, said the espeon, bored. Then she slunk out of the door and was gone. Shrugging, Lafayette followed--clearly expecting Lilith to do the same.

--------------------
Logan Quengrace (Guardian)

Matthew Newgrange (Handler)

Serena Chalice (Handler)

Character Sprites Created by Mackay and Khaleesi!
~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 12:03 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 859
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Awards: 3

{Egg Post 1 + 18 = Egg Post 19}

To Lilith's pure delight, Sigi appeared to believe Miramossa was close enough to his 'important place' that he didn't needed to go flying-floating away from her whenever she released him from his pokeball. This meant that Lilith had a friend beside her as she spent her time exploring every inch of her new home. Admittedly, her 'friend' tended to spend his time pointing out the flaws in her plan, showing her images of her gruesome, unrealistic death (she wasn't going to fall off that roof and even if she did, Sigi would catch her) and occasionally using his psychic powers to move her away from her latest plot, but Lilith was a firm believer in the phrase 'beggars can't be choosers'. If she could have chosen a pokemon, she would've chosen one that liked her and her ideas. She couldn't go back in time though, so she didn't think about it too much. Lilith was good at ignoring things that couldn't be changed.

Sigi was not so good at that. He thought about his handler constantly, mostly because he was afraid if he didn't he would find her dead in a ditch and partly because it was his nature to think about what he was guarding. Incidentally, if Sigi could have chosen a handler, he would chosen anyone else, including known murderers. At least, he would have by the end of the third day because Lilith had tried to set three things on fire (succeeding once, but he eventually got it under control), tried countless times to sneak out of the city so as to see what the "big thing" was (he often wondered if she understood what a psychic pokemon was) and spent what seemed like all the rest of her time climbing things that would kill her if she fell off them (she avoided slipping by inches every other step). Even when she was asleep she managed to fall off of her bed. Sigi didn't know how she did it and he didn't care. He just wanted it to stop.

On the fourth day's morning, Lilith was fast asleep, not bothered at all by the sunlight on her face or the fact that she was sleeping on the floor. But when the Xatu appeared in the room, blocking the light, she rolled over, mumbled something, and staggered to her feet in about half a minute. She stared into the pokemon's black gaze for a moment and then shook her head.

"What? Do you need something? Hey, why can you teleport but Sigi can't?" Lilith asked, rubbing at her eyes. She seemed completely unconcerned that she was standing in front of the Xatu wearing only a thin, white shirt that had holes in it. Behind her, Sigi shook himself out of his trance and floated to her side.

"I can't understand you like that, you know," Lilith mumbled in response to the pokemon's chirp. But she took the letter when it was offered to her, ducking her head closer to try to get a better look at the colourful feathers. Before she could move too close, the Xatu simply vanished into thin air. Lilith blinked, waved her hand around the place the Xatu had been, and then threw her arms in the air (dropping the letter on the floor).

"That is the best move. Why can't you learn it, Sigi? You're psychic, you're more psychic than a bird," she said, crossing her arms.

Sigi sent her an image of the letter on the floor and a strong feeling of 'importance'. He did not, however, move at all, looking more like a painting than a pokemon. At least, that was how he looked to Lilith.

"I'll read the letter, Sigi, I'm just saying - hey, where it'd go? Oh, thanks Sigi," Lilith said as she took the floating letter and opening it.

The letter informed her politely that she was needed by the Lady. Lilith read it over, tucked it under her bed, and got ready for her meeting. Or, she did if 'got ready' could be stretched to wiping smudges of dirt off her face with her own spit, putting on her Guardian clothing, running her hands through her hair once and shining Sigi's pokeball against her blanket (which was left on the floor) before shoving it into her pocket.

Behind her, Sigi picked the blanket and pillow off the floor. He set the pillow under Lilith's the egg left on the bed and tucked the blanket around it.

Lilith saw this and pretended she didn't because it gave her a weird feeling she didn't want Sigi to think she cared about what he did. She took the stairs of her hallway two at a time and darted through the inn's rooms at a half-run. She returned the waves and good mornings she was with far more enthusiasm than they'd had in the beginning, at one point nearly running into a wall because she was waving so wildly at another Guardian. Sigi followed above her, neatly lifting a few vases and other breakable items out of Lilith's path.

Lilith stopped in front of the door to the Lady's rooms, beaming up at the Guardian there. Her smile didn't even twitch when he snorted at her. I'll show them all how good I'm going to be, she thought, twirling a little, It wouldn't be very interesting if they liked me or respected me now. And anyways, he's kinda ugly, and looks all...frowny, so he probably doesn't like anyone.And I have Sigi on my side, so!

"I'm - " she began, but her sentence was cut off by the Guardian. She wondered if he had been told about her beforehand or was just letting anyone who looked like a girl in and then shrugged both his words and her thoughts off. (Sigi was somewhat more worried, although it had less to do with letting random strangers in than it did with letting Lilith in).

She skipped into the living room, her feet slowing as she saw the man in the chair. The lines of her body shifted a little, rippling like a Purrloin stretching, and then settled down into a subtly different shape. Her smile only widened. He looks like he's supposed to be here, she thought, completely ignoring the other Guardian's shouts, He wouldn't have his feet on the table and his pokemon in his lap and be reading a book if he wasn't supposed to be here. It is an easy position to get out of though and maybe he's only pretending to read the book. That would be really, really boring, waiting around and pretending to read a book, but I guess some people do that. Sigi'll know if I can attack him or -

Lilith's plotting was interrupted by Lady Greene's entrance. She turned to the woman on instinct, stepping forward to place her body between the Lady and the stranger. Lilith heard and understood that the blond man was a friend and she accepted the Lady's words as fact. She didn't think he was actually a threat; she just hoped for a fight. Not one that would hurt anybody, particularly not her Lady, but it'd been so long since her last fight that her bruises from it had all faded away. That hadn't happened to Lilith in years (and the last time, she'd been ill) and it made her eager. Of course, her eagerness dimmed a bit when the stranger cheerfully defended his legs. She could tell he was the kind of person she liked, bright and playful and good if the Lady had let him in, and so she didn't like the idea of upsetting him enough he would want to attack her. She smiled as Stien left. Sigi, who had waited silently by the door, made a few mental notes about the curses he could hear coming from Stien. It probably meant nothing, but he liked being prepared.

"Good morning!" Lilith chirped back in reply to the Lady's greeting, "I slept great. Oh, and I'd love some tea. I've never had Stan's tea before, but I'm sure it'll be good."

Movement caught her eye and she tilted her head to look down at the pokemon that had been on the stranger's lap. She knew the pretty light purple pokemon was an Espeon because she had researched all the the psychic pokemon after she met Sigi. They can't Teleport either... she thought, and then blinked when the Espeon clearly decided she wasn't worthy of her attention. Her handler seemed to be trying to apologize for it, but Lilith just smiled at him. She was used to people thinking she wasn't worth their attention - and she was used to convincing them otherwise too.

She took the tea from the tray, her fingers gentle and her movements a little slower as she sipped from the cup. If she found anything strange in a Lady offering her a cup of tea, it didn't show.

She visibly perked up when the Lady mentioned the senior Guardians assignment, her eyebrows raising, her eyes narrowing, her chin going up. Her body language only became more excited as the Lady kept talking, to the point where it looked like she would simply start quivering. Then the Lady mentioned Sigi (Lilith might've wondered how she knew Lilith called him Sigi, but she was already sure that the Lady knew everything) and she wilted a little. He isn't going to let me do anything fun, she thought, setting the tea cup down, He'll want to go to his important place or I'll see something interesting and he won't let me touch it because 'it could be dangerous'. Everyone knows the dangerous things are the best things.

"Sigi and I will go take a look," she said, "We'll come back and tell you anything interesting we learn. Or bring it back. Whichever."

She made a sloppy salute to the Lady and then ran after Lafayette. Sigi went after her with a sudden swiftness, weaving around the room with a practiced skill.

"Right! You can call me Lilith," she said, as he threw open the door. She didn't notice the Guardian behind it any more than he did and followed him out bouncing on her toes. Sigi did notice the Guardian, but paid him little attention. The person most likely to cause trouble that would harm his handler was, he knew, always Lilith herself, so he kept his mind on her. It went....badly when he didn't - the fire incident being a good example of that.

"Hi Eleanor," Lilith said, trotting along behind them, "It's nice to meet you. My friend here is Sigi. So, where are we going exactly? Will it take long? Why aren't you a Guardian, Faye? 'Cause Eleanor looks like she could handle being a Guardian. How do you know my Lady?"

If she wasn't stopped, the questions would go on and on, which Sigi well knew. He sent her a strong feeling of pain/sadness/exasperation and she turned to him. He listened to her chatter about how exciting this all was with a tired patience and thought, Better me than them. She is my responsibility, after all.

He would let her speak if spoken to, and she would be happy to speak. Very happy. He, as was his habit, would not speak to anyone and would only communicate psychically with Lilith (unless his input was actively sought out).

Lilith would skip while they were moving, occasionally adding a spin or twirl, almost like she was dancing but not quite. Her eyes would be so bright and her hands would reach out to touch Sigi every few seconds, no matter what they were doing.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Aug 4 2013, 09:18 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.7 for that post!]

Lafayette was a grown man, and so he did not skip. Or maybe he did and his espeon stopped him from doing so; who would know? Nonetheless, he did no such thing as the two of them made a beeline out of the building. There was a certain spring to his steps that denoted him as a lively, cheerful man, but he was much more modest than the girl skip-hopping beside him. Nonetheless, he was able to keep up with her volley of questions without much effort on his part, or so it would seem.

"We headin' out to the desert, Lilith! Down Route Four a lil', see, then go east. We'll have our rides, no worry. Lady Greene got us some doduos. Will be good for the journey." Faye rubbed his chin and paused for a second to kneel down so Eleanor could leap up onto his shoulders and curl around them, keeping herself there with either psychic powers or...or something else, and then they were walking again. "Lessee. Not too far. An hour walkin', maybe less? Then another two hours east, and we should be there. I'm not a guardian 'cos I needta go places, see? I gotta find someone, real important to me. Eleanor too, and o' course she can handle being a Guardian! More than just that, she'd have you know--"

I will indeed have you know, imbecile humans. Her wry, teasing tone took the sting off the insult.

"--and I met Lady Greene on a kinda funny turn of events, actually. I caught her outside on Route Five doing the-- Oh, whoops. Can't tell ya that! But I can tell ya what a ruckus Cape Augustine was. There was a Festival down there, innit? I missed that..."

Lilith would definitely not be alone in her chattering. Faye seemed to like to talk, even though sometimes he struggled on a word and had to substitute it with another one in a foreign one unfamiliar to Lilith, but he did definitely like to talk. Eleanor huffed as his voice filled her ears, then closed her eyes and settled down, looking to all the world like she was sound asleep. He let her be; instead he waved them outside of the building, into the glorious morning sun of summer, and then took her to another side of it where all the shops and things were.

"Can't be too cautious," Faye winked at Lilith, then took to buying what looked like half the shop with money that more or less streamed out of his purse, packing his simple rucksack to the brim (he had to wear it across the shoulder, because on his back there was a simple but large round shield, and at his hip a heavy-looking shortsword.) He gestured to the delighted shopkeeper with a hand. "If you wanna buy something, you should. We gonna have a long trip ahead o' us, probably. Or wrecked in danger. Whichever."

Wreathed, Eleanor corrected primly, stretching. And even then, I think you have the wrong idea still.

Faye rolled his eyes, told her something that made her slap his face with her tail, and once the shopping on Lilith's end was finished (if there was any shopping at all) he led her out to Route Four as promised.

Given the season and their location, the road was a dry and hot affair. Faye swung by a wagon where many straw hats hung and tossed the owner a few coins in order to get two. He slapped one on his head; the other he put on Lilith's without her asking, said simply, "Heatstroke is bad." Then he was gone, a rapid walk southward that she would do best to catch up.

The rush did them good. Barely half an hour later and already they had left Miramossa behind, save for the occasional mirage of ivory towers and glass spirals. Only here did Faye's steps slow, and he turned, sighed, and looked back at one of those spirals in the distance with a chuckle. "Strange city," he remarked to Lilith, casting his hat back to run a hand through his flaxen hair. Eleanor slipped off, circling his legs once, then shook herself. She seemed to relax even though the sun was getting harsher every second.

Faye turned, grinned at Lilith. His tone was much more measured now, and there was less of the bizarre accent she had heard before in his words. "Sorry 'bout the rush, milady. There was something going on in that town o' yours, and Eleanor wasn't feeling too well." He turned to look at the espeon in question.

She purred back at him, a smile in the sound. Faye kept talking and walking to keep my mind off of the...strange phenomena in that place, she explained, then rolled her head and streeeetched. Now that we are out of its range, I believe I shall be well. Lilith Fauve, and Sigishield. She bowed her head to the girl and her companion in turn, the emotion...cheeky.

Her handler chuckled, then put the hat back on and turned to face the road they were supposed to be traveling. "Sorry t'tell you, Lilith, but normally I don't talk that fast," he joked. After a moment, he grinned. "But something tell me that you do, no? Yer not actin' hyper to distract yer friend o'er there from the odd images and shadows Miramossa makes psychics see?"

His big feet moved again, quickly covering up ground. "What's he, 'xactly?" Faye said, curious, squinting at Sigishield over Lilith's head. "I hain't seen one like him before. Not 'til I came close to this part of the region. Where I came from, we got nothing like him."

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 4 2013, 11:32 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

{Egg Post 20}

While Faye talked, Lilith was carefully quiet, listening him with a sharp focus. She tucked her hands behind her back and clasped them together. Her feet slowed to an easy, graceful walk and the excitement on her face faded to a soft, blank face that only conveyed that she was listening. The switch from excited child to mature young woman was over in a instant, slipping across Lilith like water lapping over a stone. Of course, she switched back just as quickly when it was her turn to speak. Behind her, Sigi's wings drooped a little as his hopes of having a handler who he wouldn't be embarrassed to be associated with in public burn and die.

"The desert? That sounds really neat. I've never been there before, I grew up in Marchton, so I saw a lot of water but not a lot of places without water, you know? What does it look like? Are there any trees at all? I heard there weren't any trees," Lilith chattered back, bouncing up beside Faye and looking up at him, "I've never ridden on a Doduo before either. Are they fast? I'd like to go fast, you know, with the wind and everything. And where are we going to get them? And who do you have to find? If you tell me about them, maybe I can help. After you find them will you become a Guardian? 'Cause like you said, and like she said, Eleanor can handle it. Your important person could become a Guardian too, or maybe something else. You know, Sigi has an important place, which I don't really get, but I guess it'd be like an important person. Wait, what did you find my Lady doing? Was she stealing something or meeting with a Trick? Why can't you tell me? Oh, you didn't get to go the Festival? I was there, I can tell you about it if you want. I'd like to hear about Cape Augustine too, though, I was there once when I was really little because my uncle was a sailor..."

Lilith was happy to talk to Faye and almost as happy to listen to him. She noticed all of his foreign words and spent some time trying to puzzle out what they meant and memorizing them, because she knew when knowing another language could be useful (and she liked the idea of saying things most Harpians didn't understand). She traded stories with wild words and wilder hand gestures, only pausing when they stopped at the general shop.

"I guess I should buy some things," Lilith said, leaning forward to study the wares with her eyes narrowed, "'Cause we could get lost or attacked by dragons or have our memories taken away by a psychic pokemon and take years to remember who we are and find our way home."

She sounded pleased about those outcomes, like they were something she was looking forward to happening. She was about to claim a bag similar to Faye's (on the logic that he knew what he was doing) and a water skin, when Sigi sent a clear image of both of them into her mind. He was covered in blood and one wing was torn off - she was also covered in blood, and searching through her bag. Just as Lilith started to wonder why she was looking through her bag when Sigi was hurt an image of healing items appeared in her head.

"Right! I was going to get those, Sigi, I just forgot," she told him honestly as she picked out one Full Heal, one Max Revive, and one Great Potion, "Oh, and I was wondering, can I sell this? I've already got a shield."

After speaking she set her shield on the counter, looking up at the vendor man with pleading eyes. Sigi floated around her her, peering at the items she had asked for and sending her a feeling of glad/proud/good.

When she had finished her shopping she scooped everything up and packed it into her bag, running after Faye to catch up with him. She paused when he did, looking at the wagon and tilting her head. Why did he stop here? Why is he buying something? It doesn't seem interesting at all - her thoughts broke off when he casually dropped a hat on her head. She rolled her eyes up to look at it and huffed, but didn't take it off, although she entertained fantasies of 'accidentally' shaking it away. (Sigi would ruin these every time by putting an image of Lilith as red as a tomato and being carried by Faye in front of her eyes).

Despite her constant chattering and the pace Faye set, Lilith kept up with him, moving at an easy lope. She occasionally took a drink of water from her water skin, but never slowed or stopped until Faye did, and then she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye.

"It's the best city," Lilith said brightly, turning around to beam at it. It had already changed from from she had seen before, a castle to those strange sharp, tall buildings that seems to be made out of glass and sky-steel. They always gave her a wistful feeling and only half because she wanted to climb them but couldn't.

"What? Oh, that's fine, all good, I heard Miramossa made psychic pokemon feel weird," she said, turning back to him, "And you don't have to call me milady. I'm not noble or anything, even if Mother is one of the Captains in Marchton."

She stopped talked to bow back to Eleanor, offering a warm, "I'm sorry I didn't notice you weren't feeling well. I'm glad you feel better now."

The thing was, she meant it. She liked the sharp tongued, pretty pokemon. Her fur reminded Lilith of flowers and her red jewel was vivid and shiny, everything Lilith adored. She seemed elegant, graceful, and made Lilith think more than a little of Silence. She wanted Eleanor to be well.

"You don't?" Lilith asked in response to Faye's statement, "But you're right, I'm always like this. And I'm not, no, I would if he needed me too, but Sigi's never seemed bothered by them. And he's a Sigilyph, psychic and flying type. He can't Teleport though."

Sigi brushed a wing over Lilith's shoulder and she glanced over at him.

"It isn't his fault or anything, I'd just like to have a pokemon that could Teleport and I think he should be able to, Natu can teleport and he's lots better than them," she continued, "You might've even had them in your homeland too, Faye, you know. They have this 'important place', like I said, and they spend their entire life guarding that place. So maybe you just never went to that place in your homeland. Sigi's only with me because he agreed to protect me instead, until I die. Then he'll go back to his important place. They live a really long time. I think it's thousands of years sometimes, but Sigi isn't that old."

While Eleanor was getting more relaxed, Sigi had been getting tenser and tenser. The world was turning empty. It feels like....all the colour was lost, he thought, No, as though the realness of the place is gone, like this is only a painting of a place and not a true one. He tried to think about the strangeness of that and how he would speak about it when he returned to his town. Then Lilith spoke and he realized he had no one to truly speak to when he was home, because he had taken the oath to defend her. He needed to stay with her. He needed to leave her.

As soon as they started moving again, Sigi pressed up against Lilith. He wrapped the ends of his wings around her thin shoulder and set the round part of his body into the hollow between her shoulder blades. His mind tucked itself around hers, quietly basking in her feelings and thoughts. Lilith was alive. Lilith was real. He had to guard Lilith and that, Sigi knew, was all he had to understand.

Lilith herself was a little surprised by her pokemon's sudden affection, but after asking if he was good and only getting an image of the two of them together in return, she let it go. It wasn't like she could turn back. Tell me if you need me to do anything, Sigi, she thought to him, and then went back to talking to Faye. It was a little strange with Sigi's emotions blending into hers and she sometimes would switch tracks of thought entirely due to his responses to her words. It made her even less coherent than she normally was (and that took effort) but she didn't resent having him close.

{25 gold (Full Heal) + 150 gold (Max Revive) + 70 gold (Great Potion) + 5 gold (Bag and Waterskin) - 50 gold (Shield) = 200 gold}

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 10:16 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.7 for you. Assumin' you already subtracted the gold from Lilith, aye? Now, that egg.]

---

If Faye noticed Sigi's discomfort--which would have taken some effort because the sigilyph didn't even get a face to express emotions with--then he didn't really notice. He sidled a bit closer instead, leaning forward just a tad, blinking at the creature with wide eyes, curious and even a bit amused. He clearly had not seen anything like him before. "Nawh, I hain't a Sigi or two where I came from, Lilith," he said eventually, grinning, and took a step back. "A lot of other interesting critters, though. Right, El?"

Veeeeeery interesting creatures, the espeon purred mockingly, padding closer to him before sitting on her haunches next to his feet. Her eyes gleamed in the sunlight, her fur sleek and well-cared for. Had she been preening herself with psychic power? Who knows, but the look she gave Lilith and Sigi with was one of utmost concentration.

And, perhaps, a little bit of bemusement.

You are no noble...and your mother is a Captain in Marchton, is it? There was a touch of a tease in her voice, but at Faye's shushing she rolled her eyes and abandoned it. With a quick twitch of her tail to indicate that they ought follow, Eleanor started off on the sandy path to the south where they were supposed to be heading anyway, and after a moment and an eye-roll her handler followed. Faye tilted his head at the way Sigi suddenly wrapped himself around Lilith's shoulders, but after a grin said nothing. He was probably used to such an action from his own espeon; she did not seem the cuddly type, but she had been seated very contentedly on his shoulders just now.

Instead, Faye went about explaining themselves. "Where I came from, military rankin' is like noble rankin'," he said as they walked, gesturing with his hands to express his thoughts. He rubbed his chin, pursing his lips as he ruminated through his own mind. "Mm, I dunno if one can work without the other, actually. See, I grew up in a fortress, Pa an' I. We stood on a border. Lots of skirmishes. Wars. Battles. The nearby country's real feisty, so we gotta defend our own against them. So we've a lord, an' a captain and his wife, and us soldiers. Those are the leaders. And the captain's son..."

Faye paused here, smiling fondly at a memory. Then he shook his head to clear it, rueful, and went on. "The captain's son, technically he shoulda be a 'sir' too once he got up there. Deserved some respect, y'know. That brat who was the lord's son sure thought he did too. But he's another story. Didn't do nothing to gain it. Point was, they were 'royalty.' Kind of. Leader, and royalty. So if you'd allow me, Lilith, I'll call ya 'milady' on the offhand." He winked at her, flashing her a charming grin that would have made any other woman blush and giggle. "Besides, it's a rightful title for someone as pretty as you."

Eleanor snorted. Faye glared at her but in a teasing manner and she flicked her tail at him in a 'deal with it' gesture before bounding ahead, her paws feather-light on the burning earth.

Nonetheless, her voice reached them, loud and clear. And, for the first time, had an edge of contempt to it. A psychic-type's respectability should not be judged by whether or not it could learn Teleport. She waited for them to crest a hill where a large boulder sat by the road, and when they came into sight flicked her tail, her eyes taking on a bright pinkish glow. The rock cracked. It is in the finesse of our power, or the sheer force behind it. Teleport is a coward's move. It is an easy way out. She smirked, so very human-like, and turned her tail to them, head held high. And a very easy way to open ourselves to a fatal critical hit from a dark-type move.

Strong feelings she had on the move, there. Faye continued the conversation in the same vein but with much less emotions, "Well, to be fair, natu's not a real mobile thing, Lilith. Maybe they need the extra help. Abras like to run around an' mess with folks' heads, right? Great for them, the ability t'flee like that. But oh, tell you what..." He leaned over and whispered in a conspiratorial voice, "You can always get yerself a smeargle, yeah? These guys, they can see any move bein' done, and they'll be able to learn how to do it just like--" he snapped his fingers "--that. Any moves. Real useful. Except, real rare, they are. Or at least from what I understood. They dun know nothin' outta the egg either. But that's okay. Long as they're not the only pokemon you got straight outta the mentioned egg, you should be fine."

Faye nodded at Sigi, cheerful. "Shouldn't create any frictions 'tween havin' two psychics as companions either, see. They can get real competitive, when they're in a team. Dark-types too. Fighting-types will enjoy each other's company and a sparring partner, but there's a reason I only have ol' El around."

Eleanor paused ahead of them once more and tilted her head, smoothly moving a rock out of Faye's path that he would have tripped over without noticing, then continued forward. That is because, Lafayette, Eleanor is the only thing you will ever need.

"Big words!" But Faye was grinning.

Oh, like I have ever disappointed you, dear friend. She stopped suddenly and raised her head once more, her ears twitching. Slowly, the espeon sat down on her haunches, her head raised, her tail flickering--letting the group of humans-and-sigilyph come closer and closer to her. Faye stilled nearby, though, and rested a hand on the pommel of his sword. He dug his feet in, watching the psychic, waiting.

There was a low hill next to them, nothing more than a rise of the ground about five to six feet high; a bit shorter than Faye, even, if he'd stood on his tiptoes. And yet, with the sort of suddenness that would have made lesser men fall over with a heart attack, something burst out of it, something white and...blue, barreling straight at the man with the force of a charging tauros. The man bellowed a curse of shock, stumbling backward, but Eleanor was already there. A shield tinted with blue burst forth between them and the odd creature slammed straight into it before falling back.

Faye's jaw had dropped to the floor as he got a good look at the thing growling at them. "I don't believe--" he began, but didn't get any further because there was a shriek of anger and when they turned to face the road again, there was a monster there. A donphan to be exact, accompanied by two men--a sharp-faced skinny girl with a mean grin and another man, buffer, about the size of Lafayette himself. In his hand was a morningstar. A big, barb-y morningstar that was most commonly used, probably, to bash heads open with one hit.

"Betcha yer some o' them Guardian goodie-two-shoes here to ruin the business," yelled the man. "Well, ain't gonna happen! I'll--"

Eleanor turned her head and glared, and suddenly the donphan bucked, screeching again, and its masters backed away, screaming with it in astonishment; they hadn't seen that coming. The pinsir--blue and light yellow in the horns, how odd--had by then rolled back to his feet, hissing. Faye drew his sword and his shield and ran to face the cursing big dude who had by then regained his footings as well as his fury for the scare. He too lifted the barbed iron ball, snarling.

"So you wanna fight?" he said, glaring at Lafayette, who was quick to fall into a defensive stance, Eleanor by his side. The girl had rolled away just in time to avoid getting smacked in the face by a trunk, but had now worked to calm the donphan down. She was thankfully busy at the current.

In return, Faye grinned, hefting his shield. "Your mama's gotta be ashamed o' yer cowardice," he taunted. "Gotta left the girlies to deal with yer outta-control mount--"

With a roar, the big man charged. Before Faye became engaged in the fight proper, Eleanor shot a look at Sigi and sent him a stream of explanation, her evaluation of the oddly-colored pinsir which now glared at Lilith, in every position to attack. Its perceived strength, the move it had used to surprise them, and finally a 'good luck.'

Then Lilith was left to deal with it on her own.

---

I Still Don't Believe This:

user posted image http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 22
-Knows Dig
-Challenging Lilith directly
-Focus Energy + charging at her to use Vicegrip (you may describe it as you please)

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/232donphan.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 47
-Freaking out after Eleanor's Psychic
-Getting tended to by the rogue's girl companion

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/196espeon.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 46
-Engaged in the fight with these idiots over here; can't help you
-Prepared to attack the donphan again

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/561.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 20
-Fine

---

Big Man http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
-Wields a morningstar
-Challenging Faye

Faye http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
-Quite fine, thanks

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 11:35 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

Lilith looked up as Faye confirmed his country's lack of Sigilyph. The sky's a really pretty blue today, she thought, How could there be an entire country without Sigis? I guess it's possible, but I think it'd be a bad idea. Every country should have Sigis guarding something somewhere, or else they won't have any secrets or anything protected and then the people won't have anything to try to figure out and they'll go crazy. I probably shouldn't say that to Faye, though, I'd be mad if he said Harper wasn't good enough because we didn't have Sigis, even if it was true. She didn't miss Faye approaching Sigi, but other than a small shrug she didn't react. She trusted her guide and she didn't think he'd try to hurt or upset her pokemon. (Also, she knew Sigi and trusted him not to be actually hurt or upset by anything other than death and/or hurricanes).

She stopped looking at the sky just in time to glance at Eleanor as she spoke.

"What kind of interesting critters?" she asked, "Aside from Eleanor, I mean. She's really interesting - I think her fur's shinier than when I first saw her, how do you do that? We have Espeon here though, but I'd only seen them in my pokecard until today. It's actually kinda strange, because they're so nice and pretty, you'd think everyone want one and we have lots of Eevees and all you have to do is feed one, probably, and be kind to her to get her to evolve. But what kind of other interesting pokemon did you have in your country? Were there dragon ones? Were there water ones? Psychic ones?"

"Yeah," Lilith said to Eleanor, her mouth twisting to the side, "Is there something strange about that?"

She wasn't sure what to make of the Espeon's teasing tone. Her mother's oldest brother sometimes teased her. She didn't see him much because he was out sailing all the time and he just did it to make her say something to him. Other than that, anyone who teased her only meant to start a fight or make her look like a fool. Lilith didn't think Eleanor wanted either of those things, but that was exactly the problem - she didn't know what Eleanor wanted. So for possibly the first time in her life, she stayed quiet instead of saying something, because this was important and she could be quiet when it was important.

Lilith followed Eleanor as easily as Faye did, offering the other handler a bright smile for sorting everything out in a way that didn't leave anyone fighting. (Lilith had figured out how to sort things out, it was just that a lot of times it ended up with someone throwing a punch at her). She loved a fight, but she was beginning to realize that she didn't want to fight with Faye and Eleanor because she was starting to think they'd be her friends and she'd always wanted friends. She moved lightly across the sand, her feet leaving only slight footprints in it. She had adjusted for Sigi's presence on her back within a few steps.

She watched Faye's hands as he moved them in the same way a Skitty would watch string, and like a Skitty, eventually her fingers reached out to lightly tap his hands, grinning brightly at him whenever he noticed. She did listen to what he was saying as well, turning the idea of nobility being based on military ranks in her mind. To Lilith, nobility had always been something that was just there. There was no real reason to it in her mind - it was like being born with a birthmark. Some people had it and some people didn't and it didn't really change who they were much except for making them more noticeable. The thought that it was in some way a choice intrigued her.

"What about the captain's son?" she asked when he stopped, not sure what to make of his smile. It seemed like Faye had forgotten she existed - that anyone existed, even Eleanor and Lilith wasn't sure what could do that.

What he told her about the captain's son and the lord's son being 'royalty' only enforced Lilith's own view of the world. She had always been certain that she deserved respect despite many attempts to tell her otherwise and Faye acknowledging that made her only more certain of it. His proclaiming her important, special, 'royalty' also had her accepting all of his other words more easily, although she only managed to memorize the gist of them before he had distracted her with a question.

"'Course," Lilith said and then stopped as Faye grinned at her. A smile that was something between 'shy' and 'purrloin-that-got-the-cream' curved her lips and a pink blush crept over her cheeks. She looked, then, with her hair lit up by the sun and windswept, as pretty as he called her. Of course, as soon as she heard that she ruined the picture of an almost demure woman by tilting her head just a little like she wasn't quite sure of what she had heard and her smile widening into a pleased grin.

She didn't notice the interaction between Faye and Eleanor at all, far too wrapped up in her thoughts of, Faye was flirting with me. Did I blush? I hoped I blushed. I was probably supposed to say something too, like 'You're too kind' but that's weird, he isn't being kind, he's being flirty. It's different. And anyway, I'm not any good at that. But he must know I'm not any good at that, it isn't like it's hard to tell, 'cause I'm not pretty, not really (but he said I was and he's going to call me milady).

To the gratefulness of Sigi, who could feel all of Lilith's emotions and was not impressed by romance giddiness, Eleanor cut in, making Lilith's thoughts shift over to battle and pokemon.

"I'm not saying it doesn't mean Sigi's the best - one of the best," Lilith said, darting up the hill after Eleanor. There was a second's silence as she watched the rock split (Lilith had learned not to interrupt pokemon when they glowed).

"You broke that rock, that is so neat! Your eyes went pink 'cause you were using psychic power, right? Sigi glows that colour all over when he does psychic things. Sigi, can you break a rock?" she turned to ask Sigi, who gave her a quiet 'no/patience/wait feeling, "So you can't do it now, but you'll be able to do it later, that's good. You have to show me when you can! That was all, what you said, Eleanor, finesse and then a lot of power, power for breaking the rock and skill for not breaking all of it, just cutting it in half, and that's amazing. I like seeing El doing it, but it'd be better if I could see you do it."

Then she turned back to Eleanor, her voice just a little louder.

"I guess Teleport would be sorta cowardly to use in a fight, so I wouldn't want it for that, but I was thinking more about using it for traveling. It's a lot faster than flying and I'd like to see all of Harper," Lilith said, and then her voice went a little lower, "Sometimes you'd need Teleport though. What if someone was really hurt and you had to get them to a healer but you were in the middle of the sea? Then a pokemon that could Teleport would probably be the only way to save their life."

She looked down for a second, a shadow curling over her face and her shoulders slumping. But when Faye talked to her, she straightened up. Her eyes were bright as they met his and the half smile on her face didn't have any falsity to it.

"That could be why, yeah. When they're little like that they can't fly, they only hop around and they don't even hop very fast. Sigi could fly since he was born and he can fly fast, so I guess it's fair Natu get to Teleport. I thought Abra Teleported because they were really lazy and didn't like to be bothered though. That's what the pokecard said about them. Maybe they like messing with your head too. What?" Lilith asked, moving closer to Faye and blinking up at him.

"A Smeargle?" she said, "They can learn anything? They just have to see it? They must be really clever pokemon. I can find one, I bet, and - do I have to get one from an egg? I don't mind them not knowing any moves, like you said, I've got Sigi, but I don't really know what to do with baby pokemon. I'd probably mess them up so much they wouldn't want to learn any moves, ever, and then I'd have to take them to my grandparents' place or something and that doesn't seem very fair."

She reached over to brush her fingers against Sigi's 'wings' when Faye nodded at him and said, "I don't think Sigi'd ever be competitive with anyone. He's really quiet and he never gets into trouble. I don't want another psychic type, though, 'cause I don't want anyone to think I feel like he isn't good enough for me. but thanks! Oh, Smeargle wouldn't have a problem with a dark type move critical hitting them either, would they?"

Lilith let Faye and El talk, her fingers still curled around Sigi. She couldn't help but wonder what was making him want to be so close to her. She wasn't anything like El - she had disappointed him from the moment he met her, or so it seemed to the young Guardian, so she couldn't think why he wanted to be near her, of all people.

"Do you want to go home?" she asked him, twisting her body easily to wrap her other arm around him as well.

Sigi tried not to send the pure amusement he felt at Lilith's question to her, although given the face she gave him he thought he failed. Instead he gave her the sense of duty/pride/understanding and pressed himself closer to her. She felt different than the things he had touched before, metal and leather on one side of him, skin as soft as fruit on the other. And she moved so loosely, as though she was not a creature made of clay but one made of strong winds and thick, twisted vines almost as hard as stone. And then she went tense, the arm wrapped around him suddenly losing its malleability.

Lilith wasn't sure why El had stopped in front of a small, odd looking hill, but she was willing to stay and figure it out. It wasn't until Faye rested his hand on his sword that she thought there might be actual trouble.

The pokemon bursting out of the hill surprised Lilith enough that she reverted to her oldest instincts, the ones that screamed 'get down!' She dropped into a neat crouch, inadvertently dislodging Sigi, which she noticed as only a loss of heat. Her gaze was fixed on the movement of the pokemon attacking Faye - when El forced the blue creature back, she risked a quick glance over her shoulder to make sure Sigi was fine. When she saw he was floating just a little bit behind her, she turned back at the angry shriek just in time to see the giant grey pokemon in their way. She ran her eyes over the two humans next to it, just long enough to note that the man's morningstar and sharp features of the girl. The pokemon's sudden startle and the humans startle at that made Lilith smile, bright and wicked like a dagger's curved blade.

"What were you saying about 'ain't gonna happen'? 'Cause it doesn't look like you've got much choice in things to me!" Lilith called out. Her mockery of his voice was eerily similar, if more high pitched. As she spoke, she withdrew her own sword, holding it firmly in her right hand. She didn't really like the idea of Lafayette fighting the morningstar man - she was more than certain he could beat the rogue, she just didn't want end up trying to fix any gashes he got from the morningstar. Healing had never been her strong suit. She much preferred to simply prevent injuries from happening to other people because the blood and smell of wounds made her feel useless and weak. In another time, Lilith might've taken offense to Faye's comment about 'girlies', but as it was she just admired how he had goaded the other man into a fight. She would've called out praise if she didn't think he'd take it as an insult to his ability to fight.

Sigi took the information from Eleanor with a gentle sense of appreciation, sorting through it quickly. He couldn't stop himself from noticing that she thought the pokemon was shiny, of all things, and hoped that Lilith didn't suddenly realize that. He had no illusions about her feelings on shiny pokemon and they were not the feelings he wanted from someone in a fight (unless he wished for that someone to die, then those feelings were fine). He floated towards Lilith and she waved her left hand at him.

"Keep an eye on that girl, will you, Sigi?" she asked, her eyes still on the Pinsir, "I'm going to fight this one."

He didn't move. Lilith was the one he had sworn to protect and Lilith was the one facing down a pokemon almost the same size as her with just a sword. A sword which flashed out as Lilith jumped back from the Pinsir's snapping 'horns'. The metal blade was caught within the two pincers, twisted slightly to the side, Lilith still holding onto it - with both of her hands. Sigi only had an instant to wonder why she had blocked with her sword when she could have dodged the attack entirely and half-form a theory about keeping the dangerous looking horns occupied before Lilith showed him why she had done it. She used the Pincir's arm joint to push her body into the air and then simply flipped in a half circle, using her sword as leverage. Her body seemed to Sig to fly up into the air at first and then when she was upside down, she snapped her body down, like a whip cracking. Her feet slammed down on the Pincir - due to her sword's position, one hit his back and the other foot his the back of the joint on his left arm. Her own arms were twisted from from she still held her sword, but there was no sign of pain on her face.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Aug 17 2013, 09:46 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.7 for you!]

At the very instant where Lilith's sword and the shiny pinsir's horns connected, the resounding dull clang was echoed by a light cracking noise in the girl's room, back in Miramossa.

The egg which Lilith had been in possession of was on its final days of waiting for the creature inside to emerge; now, swathed in her blankets, it began to move, shaking and shuddering as the whatever-it-was inside tried to bust its way out. It was not a gentle doing by any means. Where the cracks had already formed, there came little spurts of fire that heralded what was to come. With a final loud noise, the egg rolled over onto its sides and broke open.

Achoo! went the thing inside, a shivering puppy/kitten with bright red fur and the yellow budding of a mane around its neck. The flareon's tail was not yet at its full functioning fluffiness, but it was also drenched wet from the sticky liquid inside the egg, so given time, it would surely live up to its tales. For now the most important thing was the fact that it was a flareon on a bed in a wooden building and, as was customary of some fire-types out there, the first thing the flareon did upon hatching was testing its flame sacks.

ACHOO!

---

Emmet Teal was an undersized boy who looked three years younger than his current age, cursed with a crippling shyness that made him comfortable around very few and even less likely to hold casual conversations. Regardless of this, his silence allowed him to listen and obtain unnervingly accurate judgments on others. Lilith Fauve, he knew without having met her, was trouble--if not for others, then for herself. And as he traced the smell of smoke to her room when in fact looking for his boss, one Stan Craft, he was not surprised.

Sighing quietly under his breath, the technically young man sent his chingling to warn the nearest guardian that there was a fire going on while he yanked the door open to her room open, releasing his golduck to aid him in stopping the entire structure from burning down.

---

But right. Back to the Important Events.

The pinsir let out a chirruping, frustrated noise laden with pain as Lilith landed her blow, sending him stumbling. He shook it off in record time, though--not a newbie at fighting, he wasn't--and shook himself with such vigorous force that he dislodged Lilith, releasing his hold on her sword at the same time so as to send Lilith crashing into the ground nearby. He glared at her then, the expression thunderous and dark, dark. Here was a murderous pinsir, the gaze seemed to say, and he would enjoy breaking her legs in a couple of places.

With a hissing insectoid sound, the shiny pinsir charged once more, not bothering with any self-boosts this time. He just wanted this puny human to die, and painfully if he could help it. He dug his foot into the ground, felt the sigilyph's mind brushing against his but paying no heed to it--that was the thing about being a bug; his head was configured in a way psychic pokemons could not quite read or affect--launched forward with blinding speed that was certainly unexpected by his sheer size and towed headlong into Lilith, whether or not she was on the ground or already on her feet, grazing against her left flank with a Brick Break that would have left some bruised ribs. The rest of the attack missed; he stumbled away, hissing once more, preparing for another strike--

--and never got there, because Sigi lifted his attention from the still-busy rogue girl to fully turn it to him. The scoundrel who had dared to hurt his charge.

The sigilyph race was known best for their terrifying speed, and Sigi demonstrated the point immediately. His wings glowed; he rushed forward, his single eye wild, and swiped the pinsir with it as he passed. With a shriek the bug fell forward; on its back opened up a long slash that oozed greenish-orange blood where Sigi's Aerial Ace had landed. The sigilyph spun to right himself, the movement graceful, and soon he darted to stay by Lilith's side again. The rogue girl was no longer his concern even though he still kept a psychic check on her. His attention was on the pinsir even as it pushed itself up after the critical-hit, super-effective attack, pushed on by rage alone.

And then the psychic thread Sigi had left with the girl vanished.

Behind him a hissing sounded, and a moment later Sigi felt the cold, dreadful creep of ghostly energy on his skin. He jerked away from it in surprise at the same time the pinsir staggered--a sneak-attack designed to give the bug some time to recover, no doubt. But where had it come from?

To your right! barked Eleanor to them all even as she, a distance from them, darted out from behind Faye's legs and jumped at the monstrous donphan who had calmed down at this point, her eyes glowing in another Psychic. It flinched away from her, shrieking, but the girl who once tended to it was no longer there. She was rushing at Lilith with a long knife in her hands from the direction Eleanor had warned them of, eyes ablaze, her dark hair swinging wild in the winds and her eyes too. Behind her, sneaking away, was a female frillish. That might have been the attacker Sigi had suffered from, although she must have been quite weak because he did not feel much pain at all.

Pinsir charged at them with an X-Scissor at the same second the girl drew near, her knife raised. She pushed in with a swing at Lilith's sword, to intercept it to catch it, and with a practiced twist tried to wrench it out of the girl's hand. Her other free hand drew another, smaller knife from her belt and thrust it up at Lilith's throat in an attempt to impale her windpipe. The thug's dark eyes were harsh and cold.

Sigi and Lilith, boxed in--but together. What was the plan now?

---

user posted image http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 22
-Injured from Sigi's Aerial Ace
-Angry
-Charging with an X-Scissor

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/592-f.png Lv. 05
-Staying out of the fight after the sneak-Shadow Ball at Sigi's back
-Fine

Rogue - http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 06
-Charging Lilith with her knife
-Attempting a disarm
-Simultaneously drawing a knife from her belt and thrusting it underhanded at Lilith's throat

-0-

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/561.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 21
-Very mildly damaged by Shadow Ball from Frillish
-By Lilith's side, waiting

Lilith - http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 06
-Bruised ribs; might present some difficulty in movement on that side

-0-

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/196espeon.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 46
-Engaged in battle with the donphan

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/232donphan.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 47
-Skittish around Eleanor
-Migraine from her first attack

[Faye and Morningstar Man still fighting in the background; no clear winner is detectable.]

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 22 2013, 07:40 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

An easy, wide smirk slid onto Lilith's face as she heard the noise her opponent made when her feet hit him. (Anyone who had seen her mother during a hunt before would swear she smiled exactly the same way as Lilith had). She kept her balance as the Pinsir shook, but once it let go of her sword she was falling to the ground. She used her left leg and hands to break her fall and then rolled as she hit the earth, turning it into a crouch with ease - if there was one thing Lilith knew how to do after years of being where she shouldn't have been, it was how to fall. Her eyes met the blue pokemon's eyes and she grinned at him, her teeth flashing a little in the light. It was as much a threat as it was an expression of pleasure. Her sword was lowered by her side, apparently forgotten.

She was straightening out of the crouch, gaze flickering over his body, when he charged at her. Lilith had tensed in preparation for the attack when she saw his foot curl into the ground. That was probably the only thing that saved her life. When he moved, it was her instincts from years of 'really fast things rushing at her' that made her spin on one foot to the other side, a half circle that changed her position so that she was looking behind and the space her body had occupied was mostly by nothing more than air. And if she had had just half a second longer or wasn't holding a sword in her right hand (it threw her off balance a bit), she would have done another spin and gotten out of the way before his attack would brush her left side. At first the half dodged hit just made her reflexively twist away, but then as she took another gasp of air in she felt the sharp pinpricks of pain spread over and down her ribs.

Silly pokemon, she thought, as she turned back to face the Pinsir, Don't you know we're going to win? At least I'm getting a good fight, though. Maybe you just want a good fight too. I can't blame you for that.

She didn't even see Sigi move, only the colour of his body left behind, like he was lightning - he was just not there and then there. The crack on the bug pokemon's shell seemed to have simply appeared and for a second Lilith thought something invisible had attacked him. Then she felt the pure rage pressing against her mind and knew it was Sigi even before she saw him whirl smoothly around and end up by her side.

Sigi was not pleased with...anything, really. He was somewhere where nothing felt right but Lilith (which was disorientating, to say the least) and someone had hurt the girl under his protection. His temper had always been fierce; it didn't help that he had been surprised. Four days of 'guarding Lilith' had left him with the sense that he would be protecting her from herself. To see her injured but have someone else, someone other than his charge to blame it on, that was new. It was also extremely satisfying to finally see blood, not matter what colour it was. He couldn't understand the Pinsir's thoughts, but it was easy for him to see the rage in his eyes as the bug pokemon pushed himself off the ground. He met that anger with his hunger to ruin anything that hurt Lilith Fauve.

In this storm of emotions, the loss of the psychic thread to the girl was only noted and dismissed as a mistake he had made and more importantly, 'not something to worry about'. The hissing sounds made him realize he had made a mistake, but he felt the edges of death slide over him before he could correct it. He naturally moved away from it - waitnoLilithLilith - and then moved back, wondering where the attack had come from. It didn't feel strong enough to truly injure him, but it still made him shiver and that was more than he could afford when it came to a battle.

He and Lilith turned at the same time after they heard El's words, each thinking different but surprisingly similar things. Sigi thought, It's good she told us that, as I might've missed it. I must learn to be more observant in battle. and Lilith thought She noticed that and she's fighting too! That is so awesome. If I fight in pokemon fights a lot, maybe I can get to that point of seeing things.

The fury in Sigi died down as he realized that both the girl's rage and the Pinsir's were directed at Lilith, who didn't even turn to look at him. Fear crept through his body like ice, freezing everything it touched. He had been in situations where it seemed as though he would die in the line of duty before, of course, but he had always had the cold comfort of knowing that while he may have failed, there were others who could had not yet failed. But Lilith, his fragile, infuriating, bright smiling Lilith, only had him. If he died, he didn't simply fail, he let Lilith, who already had such a short life, be lost. That was...

"Let me take the girl," Lilith whispered to him, "Get rid of that blue pokemon - what you did before seemed pretty good - and the Frillish, if you can."

Lilith didn't bother with any other instructions and it was that, more than anything, that clear confidence that this would work and she would be fine, that settled Sigi enough to do as she asked.

The sword fell easily from hr hand at the rogue girl's twist - though Lilith understood some of how to fight with a sword, this was her first true battle with one in hand and she had no idea how to prevent someone from disarming her like that. But the knife she tried to shove into Lilith's throat was prevented by Lilith simply tucking her head down to her chest. The knife glanced off her chin and cut deep into her cheek, splattering blood into her left eye and forcing her to close it.

For all that losing her sword seemed like a setback, it made something steady itself in Lilith. She had spent a few months of her life fighting with something like a sword - she had spent years fighting with nothing more than her body as a weapon. It was easier for her to see ways of attack, easier for her to dodge, easier for her to think. Her right hand was something she could use without thought again.

She was moving almost as soon as the attack was done, darting to the side and reaching out for the girl's long hair. It was clearly unbound (so Lilith knew there weren't spikes embedded within it) and if she managed to get a hand in it she would pull it, attempting to make the girl lose her balance. Whether or not that succeeded, Lilith would bounce backwards on her heels and open her left eye and let the tears wash away the blood. It would only be a second before to darted back towards the other girl, her hand lashing out in a quick punch to whatever target presented itself - and half a heartbeat after, kicking at the girl's knee. She moved with the same grace she always had, not giving her bruised ribs any favour. The adrenaline pushed away the pain of the fight and even if it hadn't, Lilith wasn't someone to give into anything.

Sigi was having a slightly better time of it. He let the X-scissor hit him, mindful of Lilith so close to him, though he did hover so that it would not touch his wings. It hit the right side of his 'body' and left jagged marks over his skin, barely missing his 'eye'. Hints of gray peeked out from the slashes. He used Reflect, a soft white light wrapping itself around him. Blue and purple reflected across its surface like it was water. In an instant the light grew and he was before the Pinsir, attacking with another Aerial Ace. He couldn't keep the hope that he would be allowed to help Lilith after from sprouting in his mind like a weed or distance himself from her emotions and thoughts.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Sep 2 2013, 04:17 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.7 for you.]

The rogue girl had enough presence of mind to sense that something was going to go wrong when her first success was not followed by a second and her knife did not slash Lilith's windpipe in two. She did not, however, expect the hand that came up and grabbed at her hair and yanked, and that startled her enough that she let out a loud yelp, unconsciously leaning in that direction for a split second before the world righted itself--in her mind at least. The knife in the closest hand came up, slashing at hair and Lilith's skin to draw a bloody, stinging line of bleeding red on across her knuckles. Her other fist flew towards her enemy still, and caught her by the left cheek, but the kick to the knee was dodged as the other moved fluidly away, unbound hair flying wild but seemingly of no visual impairment to her.

"'Tis not bad," spat the rogue as she jumped back, wiping at her cheek--it would start swelling soon with the force behind Lilith's fist, but right now the victim swallowed her pain with a fierce grin and glittering black eyes that would have cowed anyone else. Before she had seemed cocky but bored. Now she was fired up, like a territorial fighting-type who had found a good opponent. She twisted the knife in her left hand and pointed it at Lilith. "Not all ye of the laws are white-skinned milk-fed useless bags of flesh, nay?"

Meanwhile the battle between Sigi and the shiny pinsir went on. The bug was built like a charging bull on legs, and once he started going he could not stop easily. Lacking the mobility afforded by psychic/flying typing, the giant bug could not follow up his attack with anything more damaging. Sigi escaped with minimal injury and slammed down a Reflect just as Pinsir ground to a halt, and charged forth with his Aerial Ace--and this would be when the rogue girl danced away from Lilith after that almost-kick--when Pinsir turned around.

This time the blade of wind cut deep, and the wound was on his chest. The bug stumbled back, hissing in pain as a cut crusher his shell in the front. More of the oddly-colored liquid oozed out to emphasize that the slash had been nothing to laugh about. Sigi hovered nearby, deeming the monster out of commission enough for him to check in with Lilith briefly and then switch his attention to the frillish.

She gave him a startled, worried feeling when he focused on her. She was clearly young; far too young to be out in a battle at all, some might say, and so he skirted past the warring girls so he could get closer to her, as undetected as possible. The strange thing was that she did not reek of death but more of water, of the sea. The humans had taken her away and condemned her to the desert.

The frillish did not wish to fight. She floated away from Sigi when he came closer, and in that manner he slowly herded her away from everything; he warned Lilith as much--it would not do to attack someone who had no will to return aggression, unless she insisted that they must. The pinsir was out of it; he crashed onto the ground, bleeding from both front and back, his blue shell no longer so pretty.

Rogue Girl's eyes flickered to her and she snorted derisively. "All that thing's good for is a decoration," she murmured bitterly, then charged at Lilith. At the last second, however, she swerved out of the way in an attempt to get the Guardian to become unbalanced on her feet and darted off, in the direction of the donphan and her ailing older companion.

--and right past them.

"YOU TRAITOR WENCH!" screamed the man as she passed by, taking his attention off of Faye (who had been more than holding his own up until then) for one moment. One moment was all it took. The chains of the morningstar was wrapped around the mercenary's sword, but without momentum it did no good. Faye yanked the rogue towards him and shoved his shield forward and up with all the strength in his arm and upper body. There was a sickening crack that heralded at least a broken nose. The stunned crook let go of his weapon. He stumbled to the ground, dazed.

"El!" yelled Faye, kicking his enemy in the temple to knock him out. The espeon, at his command, split from the confused, stumbling donphan to focus on the retreating back of the girl. Her eyes glowed purplish pink, but there was a loud caw and then a honchkrow angled down, flapping its wing to release a foul, dark pulse that repelled and corrupted any psychic energy in the nearby vicinity. Eleanor hissed and flinched from it as though it had been a nail driven through her head; Sigi, further off, shuddered as the dark energy hit him though the force of its power had faded considerably (not that it had ever meant to be an attack to begin with) and the frillish whimpered and shrank away from it.

The girl escaped, a dot in the distance, her progress monitored by that honchkrow. No psychic attack would reach them.

Faye knelt down next to Eleanor, watching her shake herself out as though trying to get rid of something unclean from her fur. He was sweating, there was a long cut over his left eye, and the straw hat he wore before the fight was in his hand, looking tattered and screwed up. Still, he grinned. "You holdin' up, missie?"

Pfft. As though a cheating snot-nosed brat and her blasted smelly bird can take me down. Nonetheless, Eleanor's steps seemed quite unsteady as she wandered away. With a chuckle Faye dumped his hat on her head and picked her up in one arm, sheathing his sword with the other. The donphan looked at them with halfhearted wariness; its mind was scrambled and it was, quite frankly, confused. It lumbered unsteadily over to its out-cold master and made a mournful sound. He didn't wake up. Faye looked at the prone man for a second before El took care of it for him: she yanked a pokeball from the rogue's belt and tapped the donphan with it, returning it. Then she dunked that sphere onto Faye's own belt, unceremoniously. The morningstar Faye himself picked up and, with Eleanor in one arm, made his way over to where Lilith and the rest of her mess was. He was grinning brightly, though his face was red and sweat-beaded.

"That was inconvenient and awesome," he said cheerfully, peering at Lilith's surroundings. A fainted shiny pinsir, which Faye whistled at (and Eleanor snorted at beneath her straw hat,) a mildly wounded Sigi, an apprehensive female frillish... "Jeez, that girl sure loved her own skin than her pokemons'." He scratched his head, pursing his lips as he considered this dilemma. Eleanor meanwhile opened his knapsack and pulled out two Potions, giving them over to Lilith with a glance at Sigi. She didn't speak; she was conserving energy for...something else, but the intention was clear enough.

After a moment, Faye shrugged. "What you wanta do with them is up to you, Lilith milady. Maybe their pokeballs are on that guy," he nodded at the other human, still very much knocked flat, "who, by the way, makes an eye-itching target."

Faye turned away, towards that man. "Once you've made up your mind, c'mon over. I'll teach you the best part of adventuring: looting."

With that, he left her to her own devices and her own decisions and Sigi, who hovered, expectant.

---

Lilith won the fight!

Sigi gains 5.5 EXP for taking care of Pinsir.
Lilith gained 3 EXP from a successful pokemon battle, 2 EXP from a successful human battle (that girl fled) and 1 EXP for egg hatching. Total 6 EXP.

The pokemons' fates are in Lilith's hands. Faye will hand her the pokeballs for them if she asks for them.

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Sep 14 2013, 09:50 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

Lilith flicked the blood off her knuckles without looking at her hand once. She barely seemed aware of the rogue girl's counterattack, but she had let go of her hair far too quickly for someone who hadn't seen the blade headed for her skin. She didn't spare any force in the punch she threw and just after her fist hit the rogue's face she rolled back to an easy, steady stance. It was second nature to her to stay balanced, given the thousands of times she had been knocked to the floor due to losing her balance. A slight stinging pain ran over her hand, but she had curled it properly and so that was the only result of her punch - aside from the girl moving back a step, that was.

She tucked her foot back into place when it didn't hit the other girl, never taking her eyes off her opponent. Her hair had clumped together in spikes over her eyes and sweat made her skin glisten in the light. Some of it mixed with the bloody gash down her cheek and sent pink droplets falling to the ground every time Lilith moved. Despite this, she wasn't breathing very heavily and her eyes were so bright they almost looked gold.

"You're not bad yourself," Lilith called back, baring her teeth, "I guess not all blood loving scum give up and start crying like kits for their thrice-cursed mothers when we catch up to them."

There was nothing Guardian-like about Lilith as she was then. Her voice was rough and her face was frightening in its intensity. She looked like nothing more than a pretty, fierce rogue trapped in a corner. A rush of quiet pride washed over her and she turned her head just enough to see the Pinsir's shell cracked again. Her smile went sharp edged as she saw the pokemon stumble - it was dead/supper/broken/prey - and then she turned her attention back to the girl.

Sigi felt Lilith's emotions bleed through the fragile shields he had made in the heat of battle and spent two seconds inside them (one, basking in the pleasure, two, horrified with both of them) before he snapped it back to her. The Pinsir cannot hurt Lilith, the Frillish still may, he told himself sternly and reached out for the ghost pokemon's mind. What he found filled him with a soft sympathy. She was frightened and wanted more than anything to go back to the sea. In a way, she reminded him of himself - out of her depth and missing her home. But unlike him, she hadn't chosen her path and he knew she wasn't nearly old enough to handle it because he wasn't sure he was old enough to handle it. He floated towards her, half meaning to try to comfort her, and she backed away from him. He immediately saw how he could protect Lilith and the Frillish at the same time and just as quickly decided to do it. He reached out to inform Lilith of his decision, willing to fight for the Frillish if he had to (she didn't deserve to be hurt like the Pinsir) but Lilith brushed his thought tendrils away with a vaguely positive response. His wings drooped a little, but he continued herding the Frillish away.

Lilith could barely hear the rogue's muttering, but she caught enough of it to understand it was directed towards the Pinsir. She didn't disagree, because Sigi had taken care of the bug pokemon easily, but something in her pointed out that the rogue's words made no sense. And then Lilith just had to inform her of that.

"You've got to train pokemon, you know. And anything living's more than a decoration - they're at least food," Lilith said as though she was telling a friend was kind of berries were best for stomachaches. She couldn't help but glance at the Pinsir and as she did that something in her head went, Faye acted strange when he saw this pokemon and Sigi is hiding something from me and she just said it's a decoration and that colour is strange and these are rogues and IthinkthePinsir'sshiny.

The pure shock of discovery filled her mind so much that she didn't even think as the rogue rushed her. She slid her foot back to pull her body away and simply stared at the girl for a bit before realizing she was running. That pulled Lilith out of her dazed state; if someone was running, she would chase. She dashed after the rogue girl, ignoring Faye's battle and focusing only on the light press of her feet on the ground. Her side throbbed, but the pain didn't reach down her legs and she thought she could maybe, if she just moved a little faster, she probably could - and then the Murkrow flew down and Lilith started skidding to a stop even before the pokemon released a Dark Pulse. She liked a fight, but she wasn't a fool. If the rogue had reinforcements (and ones that made Sigi tremble a little in her mind) then Lilith wasn't about to chase after her alone. That was just foolish. For a moment she rested, her chest heaving, her mouth twisted, and then she turned back at Sigi's quiet whisper for her.

She skipped back to Sigi, a grin half-formed on her face. She narrowed her eyes at the hat on El and asked Sigi plaintively, "Where's my hat?"

Sigi put himself between her and the Frillish and gave her a clear sense of ?/protect/not mine/search/not mine which Lilith, having lots of experience with such things, didn't even take an instant to puzzle out as 'I don't know, I was looking after you, it isn't mine, you go search for it because it isn't mine' or something along those lines. Lilith huffed, folded her arms over her chest and was just about to start complaining when the hat floated over to her. She poked it once and then picked it up and set it back on her head at a jaunty angle. As she moved, her eyes fell on the injured Pinsir and she pulled out her pokecard, almost dropping it in her haste. She scanned the bleeding pokemon, beaming when the 'regular' Pinsir was brown. She shoved the pokecard back into her pocket, jumped into the air and twirled. Then she sauntered over to Faye and El, noting the fallen enemies and giving them a small, oddly solemn nod each. Then a wide smile spread over her face, cracking the newly formed scab on her cheek, and she started to talk.

"That was the best first mission rogue attack thing ever," she said, bouncing on her toes, "A mysterious girl who escaped and a shiny pokemon, I've never seen one before and I bet no other new Guardian's seen one, I can tell stories about it! And I got into a fight, so that's good, I've been wanting a fight. Shiny!"

As she spoke, her voice went higher and higher and her cheeks flushed even pinker. She looked like nothing more than a little girl getting the dress she had really, really wanted (if Lilith had ever liked dresses). She rocked back on her heels when Faye mentioned the rogue girl and twisted her hand into her shirt.

"She did," Lilith agreed, taking the Potions without looking like taking them from Eleanor was in any way strange. Sigi moved over towards her seemingly without her even asking and turned so that she could spray the Potions over his skin. The scraps and gashes in it healed and he seemed more vibrant, but Lilith wasn't looking at him. She was looking at Faye, at his steady hands and casual smile as he told her it was up to her what happened to the pokemon.

Lilith reached up to rub at her cheek, getting blood on her fingers as she thought.

Sigi was almost close enough to touch her and though he knew he was flying, he was sure he was falling. She's too young, too new to this to make a good choice, he thought as her followed her gleeful thoughts about owning a shiny pokemon. He stared at her and for the first and last time, reached out to touch her purple hair. She turned her head up to him suddenly, her green eyes flaring under the hat, and he felt as pinned as the Pinsir had been.

It took him a few moments to realize all of her thoughts had shifted onto a completely different path. He listened closer and his disbelief filled his body like prickling, tiny bits of lightning. She wanted the pokemon to go back into their pokeballs - so that she could give the Pinsir as a gift to her Lady and take the Frillish home to the sea. I didn't realize she had seen her home was the ocean... he thought, What is it? What made her mind change? It was easy to find what had made everything move - her mind was so open to him he almost felt guilty, but he had to know, had to know what made an almost-killer, fire-setting girl be more than that - and it was the echoed memory of Faye's words: 'The captain's son, technically he shoulda be a 'sir' too once he got up there. Deserved some respect, y'know. That brat who was the lord's son sure thought he did too. But he's another story. Didn't do nothing to gain it. Point was, they were 'royalty.' Kind of. Leader, and royalty.' Lilith, he realized with a sharp pang of pride, had taken those words to mean that she was the leader (royalty) of her pokemon (him), but only if she earned it. And he found that she was very aware putting him in danger because she wanted something pretty and special wouldn't gain her anything. It was a convoluted line of reasoning that Sigi would've despaired of in anyone else but in Lilith, it made him send her a rush of emotions, amusement, surprise, an edge of fear, fondness and overlaying it all, bemused respect. She tipped her hat to him, unnecessarily showy, and that made Sigi make a soft, whirring sound before edging even closer to her.

"Hey, Faye, does he have their pokeballs on him? 'Cause I could get Sigi to keep the Frillish around, I guess, but that would make him tired and it would be kind of pointless if we have a pokeball," she said, wandering over the the fallen man, Sigi at her shoulder. Faye handed her two pokeballs and she smiled and took them. She returned both pokemon and shoved the pokeballs down into the part of her bag separate from where she kept Sigi's pokeball.

"Thank you," Lilith said firmly, shifting the pack on her back, "I'm going to take the shiny Pinsir back to the Lady Greene and I'll find a way to get the Frillish to the ocean. They kidnapped her and took her out here..."

She trailed off at the end, her eyes distant and something that wasn't quite sorrow in them. She ducked her head down and then looked up, eyes sparkling with mischief.

"So where are we going now? Do I need to put something on my face? I don't know much about healing. Do you think she's going to come back? Does that sort of thing happen to you a lot?"

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Sep 16 2013, 09:59 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.7 for you and IS THIS LATE I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER.]

The two pokeballs were tossed over Faye's shoulder without looking. As of current he had his entire scope of attention on the fallen rogue, patting him down expertly to find anything of any sort of value on him. There wasn't much, granted--the poor fella got some coins on him and that was it, plus some other pokemon goods to add to the collection already in Faye's bulging bag. Given that her partner was still busy, it was Eleanor (who seemed to have somehow closed most of the cuts and hurt on her person) who also answered to Lilith's stream of questions once she had finished up with returning the pokemons.

Fortunate for me and that fool over there, the espeon said, slapping Faye's backside with her forked tail ("OUCH!" exclaimed he with undue dramatics,) I will not say it is too common an occurrence. It used to be, but not anymore. She sighed faintly, shaking herself free of something--the last vestiges of that Dark Pulse, perhaps. Then she climbed back to her feet and was once more firm and catty. She trotted over to the donphan, likely to "take care" of it.

"Right, Miss Lilith, come 'round," said Faye, beckoning to Lilith with one hand. Once she had come 'round as he had asked, he bade her to kneel on the other side of their out-cold friend. He groaned once, but almost nonchalantly the mercenary bonked him at the temple with his fist. With the free hand, Faye gestured grandly at the still body before them. "I didn't actually take nuthin' out of him. So you can 'ave a fresh victim t'practice on, yanno." He winked at Lilith, then reached down to quickly and expertly undo the belt buckle, grabbing the man by one leg and just holding him up so he can yank the preciously useful strip of leather from him. This he tossed at Lilith.

"See the pouches on there, yeah? Gold mines. Always upturn the pockets first. If ya Luke the belt, keep it. Trophy! Loser's war tribute to the victor, eh? Go 'head and put that aside. Now..."

The man was wearing leather armors. Faye undid the strappings with expert hands, as though he had been born to it. And he had done it many times before, if Sigi cared to scan even the surface of his mind. Distracting thoughts about a dark-haired, eye-patched boy who grinned at him across the field with ice in the expression, jagged and sharp as a predator's fangs, but who also smiled against the backdrop of a brilliant fall, warm and affectionate and with the images came a twist of fondness and longing. And love, romantic and something nameless, fathomless, that won against the longing.

Faye wiped his head of sweat, stripping the man of his armors. Beneath he wore a white shirt with pockets. "These next," he said, upturning all of these pockets. A spattering bit of gold, a folded piece of parchment, and on a chain around his neck a perfectly crafted silver pendant depicting a blank-faced mask.

"Well, that is a concern," Faye muttered, yanking the pendant free. The man groaned again. He looked to Sigi, beseechingly, and the sigilyph issued a Hypnosis that out the rogue out more effectively and with much less pain. Faye himself held the pendant out to Lilith. "If you suspect a planned effort to ambush you--aye, what just happened there with us--always check fer some sign o' who the rascal belong to." The mercenary rubbed his chin, hiring his lip, thinking. "Not real sure, I am, but that looked right familiar. El?"

The donphan doesn't have a pokeball, doesn't it? Eleanor trotted back over, glancing over her shoulder at the ground-type who had now lumbered off the path and into the desert. He is also dumb as a paddle. I convinced him to go get lost, and he will get wonderfully lost. What do you nee-- She caught sight of the pendant in Faye's palm. Oh.

Faye tilted his head. "Our friend here's a scout. That girl is a scout." He rose to his feet, face going somber with realization. He offered a hand to Lilith. If she did not mind his sweaty palm, he would be helping her up in no time. "'Tis a coordinated attack all right. And it implies somethin' worse. We'll have to go, and we'll have to warn someone back in Miramossa--"

No, Eleanor said harshly, fur bristling. Underlining that tension was fear, desperation and more fear, or rather dread--at the repeat of something. I don't care what you say or what you do, Lafayette, but we stay together.

Faye lost his look of deep concentration for a moment and his eyes softened. "Well, o'course," he declared, picking her up and bolstering her onto his broad shoulders. "Don't keep sayin' the obvious, El. We'll go together. But you." And here he looked critically at Lilith. Something to him suggested guilt at what he was about to have to do, but over that was determination. "Miss Lilith, I can't risk the life of a rookie in an unknown situation. And I won't. We're no' that far from Miramossa. Double back, alert the Lady t'this. Bring her this--" He took her hand and pressed the silver pendant into her palm, "--and tell 'er what happened. Tell 'er we need reinforcement. I'll go on ahead. Move quickly and waste no time."

He tilted his chin down so he was looking directly into her eyes. The smiling face was gone. In its place was the firm, grim look of a commander--the sort of gaze that said, without praise but with all frankness, 'This is important and I trust you with it.'

It lasted only for a second. Faye turned away, withdrawing a long spool of twine from his pack. He tied the man up with fourteen different knots and had Eleanor pick him up and stick him behind a dune under a dead tree that provided maybe about an inch of shade all around, and left with him a waterskin. Then he shouldered his pack and waved without looking before taking off at a jog down the road, towards whatever danger he had told Lilith to stay away from.

Follow him or follow his order--it was up to her.

+1 Belt with Pouches Full of Not-so-Mystery Treats. =D

+200 gold pieces
+1 charcoal
+2 Mental Herbs
+1 Resist Wing
+5 Rare Candies

Quest Items:

+1 mask-shaped silver pendant
+1 folded piece of parchment Lafayette did not read, that impatient imbecile
+1 pokeball holding shiny pinsir
+1 pokeball holding Lv. 05 female frillish

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Sep 18 2013, 11:38 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

Lilith was an observant person. Easily distracted, true, but observant in nature and so it only took one glance at Eleanor for her to realize that the Espeon had somehow healed her wounds. She wanted to ask how it had happened, wanted to ask if Eleanor could heal her or Sigi, but something in Eleanor's eyes made her decide not to ask. I'll find out on my own, she thought, It won't be difficult. I'll just ask the Guardians around, or maybe Lady Greene - she knows everything and she likes me.

"It used to be?" Lilith questioned, her eyebrows lowering, "Oh, you mean in your homeland."

That simple answer seemed to satisfy her and when Lafayette asked her to come around, she did so, practically skipping to what she was mentally calling 'first looting lession' (Sigi was not pleased that she thought she would be having more looting lessons). She crouched down beside Faye, one hand casually looped around her knees, the other under her chin. It looked like she was half a second from falling, but she kept constantly shifting her weight as she listened and managed to keep her balance.

She didn't flinch as Faye knocked out the man - she would have done the same thing, but he was Faye's enemy and Lilith respected such things (when she had the time to respect them). Instead she just thanked Faye, in a way that might have been polite if she hadn't grinned so widely at him as she spoke. The hand under her chin snatched the belt out of the air easily, her other hand coming up to rustle through the pouches on it. The only thing that interested her was the charcoal as she had yet to find a source of paint in Miramossa. Everything else was shoved into the pockets on her own bag. Gold went in the gold pouch, rare candies went with the rare candies, and the other things - including the belt which Lilith thought was kinda neat because it didn't involve carrying a pack around but wasn't about to wear until it had been washed at least three times - was put in the 'things I can use or set on fire to see what happens' pocket.

Her eyes followed Faye's movements as he took off the other man's leather armour, studying the way the armour fell off with strange intensity. She felt Sigi touch the edge of her mind, tucking himself into it with a soft remembrance of something deep, dark and edged with love held in his thoughts. She turned to question him about where that had come from when Faye muttered something with the word 'concern' in it and she turned back to him because most of the time, that word was used to refer to her. She ignored Sigi's Hypnosis completely - he would never be a threat to her - and focused on the pendent Faye was holding out to her. It looks silly, she thought as she nodded in response to Faye's instruction, It's just a mask, like the one I wore at the festival except it's boring. And I've never seen it before, so why would it be familiar to Lafayette? This isn't his homeland.

She didn't bother to keep the confusion from her face, though it broke a bit when El came back talking about what she had done to the 'Donphan'. She took Faye's hand absentmindedly, not noticing the sweat, asking "What does that mean?" as she was pulled to her feet.

Her spine straightened and her chin lifted at the answer he gave her. She stared at him, as though trying to determine the truth of his words. She didn't blink until Eleanor spoke and then she closed her eyes for almost fourteen seconds, not breathing at all. Sigi pushed slightly against her mind, making her open her eyes just before Faye turned to her. She took the pendent from him and wrapped the chain of it loosely around her wrist so that it fell almost to her elbow but would be easy to take off. She didn't say anything, just looked at him with sharp yellow-green eyes.

Lilith hung around as Faye tied the man up, like a silent shadow. There was a sad, fire-and-wind edge to her expression. When he had finished, Lilith strode up and Faye and flung her arms around him as much as he'd allow, making sure to touch El's fur just a little as well.

"You stay safe, Lafayette," she replied, "I don't know who you have to find yet and you don't want me to start investigating these silver mask necklace rogues alone because I'll set something on fire and I won't have anyone to blame for it. I'll get kicked out of the Guardians and it will be your fault. So - El, take care of Faye."

Not once in her little speech did Lilith mention how fast she would go, mostly because she hadn't yet decided what she was going to do and lying had never been her strong suit. Distraction was though, so she kissed Faye on the cheek as she let go of him. It wasn't anything more than a brush of lips against his skin and the way she grinned at him afterwards wasn't romantic so much as bitingly friendly.

She darted back to Sigi with a wave and waited until Faye was too far away to hear her before speaking.

"You go with Faye and I'll go back to Miramossa," she told him, "Try not to let him see you, but if you have to - "

No.

" - or you can go to Miramossa if you want, maybe it would be better for you and I guess you could explain well enough. I'll go after Faye - "

NO.

The force of it was so much Lilith actually stopped speaking for a moment, shocked at Sigi. He took that silence to explain, sending her pictures of herself and him flying over her shoulder and the feeling of protection and pride in a job well done. Then he sent her an image of her away from him and the sickening feeling of having failed. Her mouth opened a little as she made the connection.

"You won't let me go alone," she said, "Sigi, this is important. Faye could die; he needs help. I'll be fine. I'm always fine. Silence showed me how to do this. "

But the only feeling she got back from Sigi was a kind of resigned sadness. Lilith kicked at the ground and waved her arms in the air before folding them sharply across her chest. She suddenly had a choice looming in front of her - follow Faye or go back to Miramossa. If she didn't follow him, he might die. If she didn't go back to Miramossa, something bad could happen to her home. How am I supposed to choose? she thought, looking at the sky, This is why I need Teleport. I could just go back to Miramossa, tell them, and then come back to help Faye. If I had another pokemon it might work too. I could send them to help Faye or to go back to Miramossa, but I just have the shiny who's injured and hates me and the Frillish, who's too young and too scared. I can't let Faye die. But I can't let anyone else get hurt either. I thought it would just be me who got hurt. ....Sigi? I don't know what to do.

Sigi was all remorse-tired-fondness as he floated over to her and Lilith bared her teeth at him, suddenly furious.

"Being sorry won't help, Sigishield," she snapped, "Do something. I asked you for help and you told me that I'm the most important thing to you right now, even more than someone's life, so prove it."

She felt Sigi go deeper into her mind and it was odd, like he was painting on the inside of her skin. Then he pulled out an old, old memory that she had mostly forgotten. She saw her mother sitting at their kitchen table. Her hair was loose around her face but her armour was on - she was something in-between the vicious Guardian and the welcoming host, something that only Lilith and her father had seen before. The image faded quickly enough, but her voice echoed in Lilith's ears, quiet and melancholy.

"They always say they can work with a woman as a senior partner. They pretend to respect me, but when it comes down to it, they protect me instead of listening to my orders. They don't trust me to be strong enough to handle my life, my job, and because of that, people die. ...Go to bed, Lilith, and try...try to sleep. Someone should sleep tonight."

Lilith shook her head to clear it and a piece of paper brushed against her hand. She opened it to see a picture of some kind of dragon pokemon with two heads and rubbed her finger over it, not really seeing what was in front of her (behind her eyes, Sigi saw it very clearly). She tucked it away in her bag and then slung her arms around Sigi. One went under his left wing and one went over his right wing. It left her a little lopsided, but she hitched up her right leg onto the strange little black feelings Sigi had on his side, letting her other leg rest on Sigi's 'tail', and it mostly evened out.

She didn't have to talk to Sigi. He knew what she wanted - for him to fly her as far as he could, as fast as he could. If he gets too tired to keep flying, I'll return him to his pokeball and run. I can run fast. We'll get there soon and even if Sigi and I can't get back, it won't be awful because someone else will. They will. I'll make sure of it, she thought, pressing her cheek against Sigi's skin.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Sep 21 2013, 10:29 AM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.7 for you, as always. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/3.png]

---

Sigilyphs were by nature very fast; burdened with both Lilith and the urgency of their situation, what Sigi attempted next was a bizarre but honest-to-God attempt to break the oversized-load-carriage record. Lilith was big and heavy and the empty body which had helped him move so fast could not quite support her, so he buoyed her weight with a Telekinesis, layered it over with a magnetic-like effect to keep Lilith firmly stuck to him and then summoned every shred of control he had over the desert winds to fly as fast as he can in the direction of Miramossa.

Between Faye and Lilith’s constant chatter, they had moved a good ways out onto the road, about five miles or so. None of them had thought much of the distance—roads were shorter when there were distractions along the way, after all—but now that they were going back the way they had come from, they soon realized what a considerable length of the Route they had traveled.

They flew strong for the first two miles or so, and then Sigi started lagging. After another half-mile he was forced to stop. As gently as he could, the sigilyph lowered his charge down onto the ground and explained to her as best as he could—communicating exhaustion, you are too big and we still have a ways to go. Then he answered his own question by summoning to Lilith’s mind the image of another sigilyph. Before she can ask him what he meant by that, he floated away from her a little and released a gentle wave of psychic energy that traveled as far a radius as he can manage.

He refused to carry her any further, and bid her to wait.

They stood there for a full minute before shadows cast over them, very much Sigi-shaped—though Sigi himself stayed close to Lilith’s side. A second later the owners of the shadows descended: two more sigilyphs, and then three, and finally a fourth one floated down the path in the direction they had been heading in.

Communication was swift and curt. The sigilyphs put their heads together and “whispered” in a way Lilith would not be able to comprehend, but at length a consensus must have been reached because one of the part-psychics split from them, using Tailwind to speed back in the direction of Miramossa. The other two argued with Sigi himself for a few more seconds before leaving.

Sigi communicated to Lilith the image of Faye, and then of a not-Sigi sigilyph watching him from a distance, though it did not follow him because not their territory. If or when she suggested that they could totally go after Faye on their own now that a messenger was running back to Miramossa, he immediately vetoed it. Wait, he insisted. Reinforcements would be soon in coming.

And soon in coming it was indeed. Not ten minutes after the other sigilyph had departed for Miramossa, a pair of doduos came thundering down the path towards them. In the lead was a dark-haired man with blue eyes and an extremely ‘this is not what I signed up for’ look glued to his face. The other doduo was devoid of a rider—meant, probably, for Lilith.

He pulled up in front of her, and a moment later the sigilyph who had agreed to help Sigi caught up. The Guardian wore leather armors, but the blue lyre—the symbol of the Guard—was indeed stitched to his chest. He gave Lilith a critical, unpleasant look before jerking his head at the doduo he’d brought. “Get on, and don’t talk until I said so,” he said curtly. His address of the sigilyph (who, if Lilith was curious, would be supplied that she was female by Sigi) was more formal and polite. “Thank you for your assistance, Betimani. We will take it from here.”

The female sigilyph gave her other cousin and Lilith one last look before departing, vanishing into the desert. Trusting that Lilith had secured herself on her doduo—the mount was docile and even lowered itself so as to assist Lilith’s assent—the Guardian tossed the reins to her and said, with the same terseness, “Follow.”

Doduos weren’t as fast as Sigi had been, but they were made to bear humans’ weight and thus ran much further than he could have. As they moved along, the Guardian (who did not introduce himself) spat out a few details to Lilith. “We’ve received your distress call,” he said, and it felt like he was addressing more Sigi than Lilith. “Your mentor—if he can be called such; he is no Guardian—did you a favor by telling you to go back, but we are short on personnel so you will be going with us. We understand there was another rogue who you have disabled. When the time can be spared, we will deploy another personnel to get him.”

There was a choice there that the Guard had had to make. In this weather, a bound man left out in the desert could very well die. And they had chosen to save one of their own numbers (however unofficial Faye was) over the welfare of a criminal. The man’s face, if Sigi or Lilith could spy it, was pinched and unhappy—he had clearly not been happy with his orders, but he was following it anyway.

“You have certain items you have looted from the criminal,” the man said suddenly after a short time of silence, slowing down. As he was in the lead, Lilith’s doduo did the same. He turned and gave her a sharp look. “Hand them over now, if you please. In the case Lafayette Newgrange had moved off the path and we are not able to locate him by sight, we will need those for further tracking.”

And he held out his hand, waiting.

---

You are now about a mile and a half from where Faye was supposed to lead Lilith to.
If Lilith chooses to keep pushing forward without waiting for her new partner, you may play out her getting to that place. It is a small shack by the road with poles outside to tie mounts to. It looks to be abandoned until further investigation is undertaken.

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Oct 9 2013, 10:12 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

Lilith knew she was brave. It was a point of pride, something to warm her when people told her she would never be a lover, never be a mother, never be a hero, never be. But as her hands curled around Sigi's smooth skin, she wondered if she would be brave enough to live with knowing she had made the worst choice the best choice without losing anything of hers. Will I still look at future missions the same? Will I want to work alone? Will I not smile as brightly at people who have blond hair? ...Will Sigi leave because I blame him? she thought, her eyes wandering over the dusty road beneath them. Her fingers twitched slightly and she turned to look at the sky. It was bright blue, like a clear, deep stream and when Lilith exhaled, something seemed to fall of her shoulders. She didn't smile, but her fingers stopped twitching and the curves of worry on her face smoothed into sharp, angular lines.

Her face stayed like that, even as Sigi started drifting lower. She blinked big green eyes, looking oddly childlike, but didn't speak. She let Sigi set her on the ground with only a halfhearted whimper as protest. She reached for his pokeball but was stopped by his communication. At first it surprised her - she hadn't truly expected Sigi to carry her all the way and he should've known that, being in her mind. For a second, she turned over the idea that Sigi didn't look at everything in her head, only what he needed to see for the situation. The lack of curiosity was something she could barely comprehend (the idea of Sigi having respect for her inner thoughts and emotions was so far beyond her understanding that the idea didn't even touch her mind) and for a moment, she simply stared at her pokemon. Her hands waved through the air in wide circles, but she didn't say anything until the image of a Sigi-with-slightly-different-colouring-and-shape appeared in her mind.

"What? Why do we have to wait, I can - come back here, where are you going? Sigi? What's happening, what are you planning, why can't you tell me? Or, wait, you did tell me, right?" Lilith asked, darting to Sigi's side, "So I'm too large for you to carry, but we still have to keep going? I know that, but what about the picture of you that isn't you - I guess it's another Sigilyph, but what does that mean? We could do it if we had two Sigilyph? We don't have two Sigilyph and I wouldn't want two anyway, except for right now but any other flying pokemon would be good too. Well, not unless you wanted a girl one around, I guess, or you had a child - do you have a child, you're pretty old, maybe you do."

Lilith paced as she spoke, all energy and flying hands until the shadows fell on them. Her hands flew back to her side and she turned sharply on her heel towards Sigi. Her head went up and a smile stretched over her face as she saw the pokemon drifting down towards them. She ducked her head back down to study their shadows, her smile slipping away. She leaned in when they gathered together, but though she could tell they were communicating - she could feel it at the edge of her mind, like voices rumbling out from a room with the door close - she didn't know what they were saying. It left her with nothing to say that Sigi couldn't tell them faster and while Lilith was a lot of things, she didn't waste time when there wasn't enough of it in the first place. So she stayed quiet, if not silent, muttering under her breath curses and worries. The Sigilyph didn't even look at her.

Her gaze caught on the one that left, she watched until the Sigilyph disappeared into the sky, and then turned to Sigi when he pulled gently on her thoughts. Her wave of protect-save-nownownow nearly overwhelmed him when he showed her the picture of Faye and he quickly changed to give her the image of a Sigilyph watching him and the familiar refrain of 'not my territory'. That got him a slightly less emotionally charged reaction (although the Sigilyph image came close, if only because of the echoes of 'like Sigi' on it). He wasn't surprised when Lilith's first reaction to the new information was to demand why they couldn't go after Faye. It was predictable enough that he was already preparing to restrain Lilith after he explained to her that they had to wait for reinforcements. She snarled at him like an angry Persian would, her hands curled into fists, but instead of running towards Faye she threw herself down on the sand. Sigi floated so that his shadow fell over her, which seemed considerate but was really only because he wanted to be close to her to make sure she wasn't trying to trick him. And he watched Lilith lean back onto the sand, pull out her water skin, and sip from it every few seconds. He could feel her anger shimmering in the air like heat, but he could also see the faint pink of sunburn staining her face. He kept expecting the anger, still as bright as it was when she first felt it, to propel Lilith into movement, but she stayed still and almost relaxed until she heard or saw something and jumped to her feet. No water sloshed out of the water skin as she neatly tucked it away and stood beside Sigi with her arms crossed.

Lilith noticed the man who had rode towards her and wasn't aware of him at the same time. He was a sketch, a guide for how to position herself on the Doduo that she would take to help Faye. His words to 'Betimani' gained a flicker of curiosity, but only for the Siglyph. Sigi told her that Betimani was female and that yes, he had had other names as well. After that question was answered Lilith fell back into focus, at least until her Doduo started moving.

"What should I call you?" Lilith asked, because the command of 'don't talk' had never in the seventeen years she lived, actually worked, "If you don't tell me, I'm calling you 'Bluegaze'. Or maybe 'Diamond'. I like that one better, actually. 'Yonder' could work and I really like it."

She did listen to what he said, but all she really gained from it was that he wasn't going to try to prevent her from going back after Faye. It was Sigi who gently floated 'Yonder's displeasure at leaving a man to possibly die in the heat into her mind. Lilith shook the idea off sharply; she wasn't about to worry about the rogue.

As they slowed, Lilith actually growled. The sound was lost in the beat of the Duodo's feet on the ground, but when she turned to the man her jaw was set and her eyebrows were angled down. He hadn't even finished talking when she yanked the mask-shaped silver pendant and folded piece of parchment depicting an inked two-headed hydreigon and foreign script out and tossed them at him. Then she encouraged her Duodo into running again, not bothering to look back.

Sigi caught the items gently and floated them to their reinforcement, waiting until he had them in his hands to fly after Lilith. He caught up with her easily enough, drifting behind the Duodo and studying the dull sand landscape for something of interest. It was hard to tell what was rocks and what was something else, but eventually the shape of a building formed in the dust. Lilith didn't slow the Duodo down particularly, instead choosing to jump off the pokemon and then tug the reins around to the poles for mounts. Sigi let her do that, bemused by her loose knot until he looked for the answer in her mind. He found that the knot would hold against slight tugging, but the full pull of a panicked Duodo would make it untie (or so Lilith hoped) and wondered if that was practical or worrying.

Lilith stepped around the shack lightly, looking younger than she was and almost fragile. Sigi could feel the investigative current running through her mind, but he thought the facade might fool someone who had never met the Guardian before - Lilith did have delicate features, she didn't wear the blue lyre obviously on her clothing because her mother said that was often a quick way to die and if he had never met her before he wouldn't have realized how much she was overdoing the 'innocent' look. He kept close to her, but didn't bother staying close to the ground.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Oct 17 2013, 08:40 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.7 for you! Life's been crazy; sorry for the long wait!]

---

Lilith's new "partner" kept a stony face to her verbal antics, not quite lost in his own thoughts but rather ignoring her outright. The ride was grimly silent, with him acknowledging neither the talking girl nor her sigilyph, though if Sigi "spoke," he would incline his head to indicate that he was listening.

His first real humane reaction--that is, aside from grave ambivalence--only came about when she shoves the things into his hands and took off on her own. "Wait, you fool!" he shouted after her, his agitation tinged with worry. She could hear his doduo's feet as he gave chase, but it kept feeling farther behind than ever. Either Sigi did something, or this doduo was faster than the other. The last she heard of him (audibly) was a vehement curse.

Then his voice was lost to the desert wind and she shot down the flat, rough road alone with only the strong, feathery body under her and the pokemon she had been assigned to by her side. A sandstorm was brewing, or so it felt like. It became a little hard to see.

But the hut wasn't. Lilith stopped there, tying her knot and then going to investigate. There was nothing to see on the outside, however. If there had been prints in the sand once, they had been erased by the winds. The walls were rough and brown, made of clay, weathered. Nothing remarkable aside from its age.

Sigi helped her as best as he can, sneaking out his senses to sense anything living while she went inside the small hut. He stayed by the door, a sentry.

Inside there was nothing so impressive. It was small and there was a little less sand here, but the door had been ajar when Lilith first came into sight of it. The interior included a desk, a bed, a sink-into-the-ground stove with a small black cauldron still on it. The window was shut and the house mostly neat, but the cauldron was steaming.

Upon investigation, it smelled foul. Upon further investigation, it contained some sort of reddish soup. Then something surfaced in it, the white of cooked meat, and if Lilith was that curious to actually poke at it or get it out of the pot...

It was a human ear.

On the counter next to it, there were papers, folded or rolled up. Checking these, Lilith would find that they were maps. Different maps of the same area, labeled, and then one of some sort of massive temple structure. Here things were written in the margins, the rooms and hallways labeled--types of traps. Pitfalls. Poisonous needles. Cofagrigii, yamasks, giant arboks...It depicted a tomb. Not far from here, the other maps said, because one of them had a picture of the area that said "doduo shack." That had to have been here, except there was only Lilith's doduo and nobody else's.

It was the most promising lead she had had yet. So easy--was this some form of trick? What purpose did it serve? Why? Should she follow these instructions and go east of the road, into the desert where this place was? Shouldn't she wait for her partner?

Or should she go now? After all, who knew what kind of thing Faye had gotten himself into?

(...And yet it seemed he had not come here.)

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Miramossa | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.