Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Katheryn Knighton's Travels, jadedragonette
Flight
 Posted: Jun 11 2015, 05:30 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Total Posts: 1009
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Seung Han, Iuchra Nic Longáin (Retired)

Awards: 1

[ Welcome to Harper! My apologies for starting off your Travels a little late. Please remember to keep an egg count in each of your travels posts, and if you wish to know the typing of your egg, feel free to PM an admin about it! If you have any questions, also feel free to PM any of the staff; have fun! ]

Prologue

---

Harper Region was a place with a diverse climates, but thankfully with the onset of spring Katheryn would find the morning nicely warm, though not uncomfortably hot. As she crawled out of her tree she'd find that the mossy ground was damp with the remnants of a light spring rain from the night before, and the air crisp and light. The scent of wet earth and the forest somewhat covered up the scent of death that had followed her out.

The place that Katheryn would emerge to was in the forest that she'd hid in, a well-worn trail into the otherwise forested ground snaking its way past her and further into the treeline, as well as towards the direction of the local town. There was a little clearing near by, just off the edge of the trail that was large enough with what seemed to be a six-foot radius or so. She could always use this space to see what the pokemon in the ball that she'd scavenged was. The local pokemon here wouldn't bother her, being used to her presence after a week.

Still, afterwards -- or if Katheryn chose not to release her new pokemon here -- she'd have a few choices. She could, indeed, go back to the town for supplies and such, or to even spend the night in a bed and private room instead of the forest. This would simply mean following the winding forest path towards the direction of civilization, though as it was a town in the middle of a Route, whether or not it would have what she needed was questionable. Alternatively, Katheryn could always go deeper into the forest, which she'd discover was going towards the city of Dedrius, at the foothill of the mountains. As she was currently in the outermost forests of Edgewood, she'd find that a day's worth of steady walking would bring her to the city without any trouble -- that was, of course, assuming that she didn't run into any trouble along the way.

Or there was always the option of using her new pokemon and seeing what she could find here, where she was. Katheryn was in a forest, after all, and her old nanny's bag had contained a few empty pokeballs. If she looked around the surroundings of the forest path she'd be able to find a few pokemon -- a spinarak was drifting lazily down from a branch overhead, only a foot or so above Katheryn's head and a little into the treeline. It wouldn't see Katheryn until she bothered it first. On the branch above it was a fletchling, sunning itself in what sunlight filtered through the forest canopy above, shuffling its wings until they were settled to its liking. Deeper into the forest, if Katheryn waited she'd be able to see a flash of brown and black, which emerged into a set of horns and a white beard as the skiddo bowed its head and started eating. And further down the path from these pokemon was a sentret, darting to and fro in the undergrowth.

If none of these were to Katheryn's liking, she could go down the path in either direction and see what she found, or not capture any at all. She had a pokemon and some basic supplies now, and options were open to her. The world was waiting.

[ Surroundings for reference. ]

---

Available Pokemon

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/167spinarak.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/12-Fletchling_zps101ad602.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/40-Skiddo_zps0df5d4ff.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/161sentret.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jun 18 2015, 04:25 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 766
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

[ Good thing that search is available, else I would have lost this post in the confusion of getting started - I'd expected starting in Doran Village, though realize now that my starting sample would be strange if that were so http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png - Oh and also, do let me know if I'm pushing limits of what I can do with the Pokemon you spawned. Also...holy crap, am I rusty. o.O]
[Egg count: 1]
---
Katheryn breathed a soft sigh of relief once out of the shelter, and took a look around. Humming softly, she thought about what she wanted to get done and in what order to do it. She idly stared down the path towards the small village she'd been staying near, trying to think of anything she might need - and couldn't think of anything urgent enough for her to go that way, for now at least.

"Onwards it is then, but still..." She dug into her bag, pulling out her single occupied pokeball. "It would be nice to see what's inside this..." She looked around and spotted a clearing nearby, but hesitated when she saw something move near her. Frowning, she looked around carefully, examining the trees. Something had caught her eye, but where?

"Spinarak-rak-rak" she heard nearby, and finally managed to spot the Spinarak drifting lazily on its string. She didn't jump or squeal or try to get away or anything like a sensible lady might, just stared for a few moments, fascinated both by the colors and the simple fact that it had been so close and she hadn't realized it. Humming in thought, her eyes followed the string up to the branches above, and managed to spot a Fletchling as well. Either would be a good addition to her team, especially considering she only had one Pokemon at the moment...

She shook her head, trying to decide if she should find out what she had, or just jump into battle. She was tempted to use the clearing nearby to see, but what if these Pokemon here ran away before she could get back? She would really like that Fletchling...but what if her pokeball contained a Fletchling already? To be fair, she could continue that battle to fainting rather than catching if that were the case. But what if it was something like a little Caterpie?

She frowned indecisively, then shook her head. She'd just...have to take the chance. "Go, my new friend!" she called softly as she pressed the button on her pokeball. An Electrike formed before her, and she breathed a sigh of relief. It would have a type advantage over the Fletchling, plus it wasn't something like a Caterpie, thus she didn't have to feel like she was trying to feed the bird Pokemon.

"Electrike, my friend, I want you to use Charge, then try a Thunderbolt at the Fletchling. Try not to hit the Spinarak - but I won't be mad if you can't do that, I promise."

Electrike barked, then did its best to follow orders. Meanwhile, Kat had her mental fingers crossed - one Pokemon to fight would be tough enough, let alone two, so hopefully Spinarak wouldn't be bothered...well, much at least.

---

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/309electrike.png
-Attempting a Charge, then a Thunderbolt on Fletchling.

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Jul 10 2015, 06:06 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.5 EXP for last post! And don't worry, you're doing fine. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png }

The winds rustled. Pokemons moved. Spinarak came down and started weaving its web, starting from the framework and moving inwards, on and on and on, thread by thread --

Electrike's Charge was quiet among the rest of the sounds of the forest, but the Thunder that she called from the sky, less so. There was a rumble from the heavens above before electricity bolted down in a massive attack, and Katheryn's own hair would rise on her arms from the static that it generated.

Scared off by the attack that whizzed just past her, the spinarak scuttled back towards the safety of her tree and away into the foliage. Presented with the choice between battle and retreating, the bug had chosen the latter. Similarly, skiddo turned to where it had come from, fleeing -- it wanted no part in this, absolutely none, and sentret was gone in a sharp turn on its tail, off to warn its companions of the human and her intentions.

In contrast, the little fire-bird was irked. She'd seen the the electrike Charge when they'd thought she didn't; sunning herself she might be, but she was better than that, oh yes. Quick Attack took her out of Thunder range quite easily, and took her to right near the electric-dog's head. With the close-range that she was in, Fletchling Tackled.

Electrike's head would snap back from the force from it, and at point-blank range, there was a high risk of concussion that Katheryn would have to watch out for. Still, the little bird was more feather than strength, and Katheryn's new pokemon wouldn't find it difficult at all to come back from that attack.

If the forest had been quietly noisy before, it was silent now -- any remaining pokemon that hadn't been bothered by the Thunder from the sky had surely been scared off by the starting battle. Except, if Katheryn paid attention and listened, there would be an anomaly in the sudden silence. Beyond the sounds of the fletchling's angry chirps and Electrike's own sounds of battle and pain, there was a low, slowly-mounding sound.

Somewhere in the distance, there was a moaning, as if the trees themselves were giving way.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/12-Fletchling_zps101ad602.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 07
- used Quick Attack (non-offensive) to avoid Thunder
- used Tackle
- perfectly fine, and irritated

Allies
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/309electrike.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 05
- hit by Tackle
- sore head; otherwise fine

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jul 12 2015, 08:32 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[Minor oops: Electrike apparently doesn't know Charge yet (silly me, reading tables wrong). At least it all missed? >.>]

[Now, let's see if I can do this thing. Again, let me know if I do something wrong. Combination of newbie, lack of sleep, a touch of sickness, and rustiness came up with an...interesting post. I swear, I'm not on anything beyond energy drink and some cold medication http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png Also, hopefully I can get Kat to get less...panicky at sudden situations like this...though it's fun to write]

[egg post: 2]

"I-uhm, holy bajeebus..." Kat was startled and amazed by the attack Electrike called down, not having expected it to be so...loud, nor bright. Then to see that the bird just dodged as though it was nothing! It all happened so fast she didn't know what to do, and before anything could be done, the Fletchling tackled her poor Pokemon. Tiny though it obviously was, that couldn't have felt good...

This was when she realized she was totally unprepared for this type of life, and that she had pretty much no idea what she was doing. "I-I'm so sorry!" she blurted out unexpectedly, startling even herself. Before she could stop herself, she was rambling, not paying attention to the fact that she was speaking to a Pokemon that probably couldn't understand her in the middle of a now-silent forest. "I just-I saw you, little Fletchling, and I couldn't help but follow the urge to attack like a silly stupid girl and I made so much noise and that Thunderbolt was so scary and-" she kept going on like that for a few more moments.

Electrike just stared up at her for a moment, stunned and a little confused by her reaction. First she had confidently ordered the Pokemon to attack, and this was how she reacted?! It was just a little Thunderbolt by a, relatively speaking, weak Pokemon! How would she have reacted to something more scary-powerful released from something with more experience? At this point, she tried to share a confused "what the heck" look with the wild Fletchling, whether the Fletchling realized it or not. In an attempt to get her Trainer to settle down, she pawed at the ground nervously, then set her head against Kat's leg.

"and I am just so sorry I almost hit you and hurt you and-" she cut off mid-sentence, startled at the gentle touch of her Pokemon. Her mini-rant hadn't lasted that long but had been a single run-on sentence with no real break for breath, so she was panting just a tiny bit as her brain caught up to the circumstances. Settling down a tiny bit, and blushing as she realized she'd just talked more than she was sure she had done in like...a year or so - and to a Fletchling at that! - she shook her head slightly to get her brain back into gear. And that's when she noted the silence.

"What-" Kat shook her head again, and re-focused. Right this moment, scary though the silence was - and was that some sort of moaning coming from the distance?! - she had a...situation to deal with. Hopefully a tiny bit more calmly than she had just started out this with, since she'd come across as rather crazed and probably just made the whole situation worse, really, since it was a wild Pokemon she'd been blabbing at. A wild Pokemon that could totally just...fly away at any moment, if it chose to. And probably would, in fact, seeing as there was no reason it should stay...

That thought popped up in her mind - that the Pokemon could just fly off - and she just had to attempt to do something. Another attack would...probably be in poor taste. Plus, the speed of the first round had startled her, reminding her that she had absolutely no experience with this sort of thing. That said, there wasn't a whole lot else she could do! She could offer up something of hers to the Pokemon, but she wasn't sure what, and it left a bad taste in her mouth - she had so little to call her own as it was, that to offer something up to soothe ruffled feathers (literally in this case)...she just couldn't bring herself to do it. So...well, she did what she had to do. Of course, only if the Fletchling hadn't fled already!

Of course, this could just prove that she lost her mind or something...seeing as she'd also just attempted to apologize. And thus, she second-guessed herself out of attacking. Practically paralyzed with thought, Electrike thus took it upon herself to try and do something about this situation. After all, her trainer seemed to be...well, fairly useless and confused at the moment. She pawed at her trainer until Kat took the hint and took off her pack, setting it on the ground against her leg even as she was completely lost to the world.

Digging through the pack for a few moments, careful of the rather obvious (and probably fragile) egg, Electrike finally pulled back, triumphant. It held Kat's only Jaboca Berry in its mouth carefully, looking up at the Fletchling then walked a few steps away from her trainer, set the berry down, and strolled back over to its trainer. Then looked pointedly from the Fletchling to the berry and back, clearly stating 'it's for you' without words. Electrike really just didn't feel comfortable breaking the silence of the forest right now. Even if it just took the berry and ran, or gave them a dirty look and proceeded to ignore them...well, at least she'd tried to help?

---

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/309electrike.png
Offering Fletchling a Jacoba Berry quietly while her trainer absolutely panics and has no idea what to do

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Jul 15 2015, 09:39 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.6 EXP for you! And I am so sorry, eeek. Did not notice that either... Well, no harm, no foul, yes? }

---

If the fletchling had been irritated before, she was positively furious now. This -- this noisy human had thought she could just -- just apologize, and think that the slight gone? Forgiven? Never! She was a child of the fire and the wind, and this girl had interrupted her sunning time, and that was unforgivable. She muttered angrily under her breath whilst she hovered in the air, mere feet away from the electrike trying to smooth things over.

Of course, this was the summer, which meant that the sun's light was more than plentiful -- but with her temper only stoked by her own young age, it meant that the fletchling could not be calmed down, not even with food. She wasn't so weak as to be swayed by a berry. The fletchling took one glance at the berry, and dismissed it from the world. Instead she chirped rather angrily at Kat's electrike, chattering on about how you're going to regret it now, you green puppy, you never should have disturbed me.

-- and she would have attacked, too, had it not been for the rather conspicuous thud in the background -- a sound large enough to startle Kat, whether or not she was listening. It sounded like thunder, but the sky was clear, and bright, from what she could see beyond the forest ceiling.

Even the fletchling quieted down, surprised. And then it came again -- the forest moaned, and the ground shook, just slightly, with a force that came on the heels of another thud.

And then there was silence.

Kat had a few options, of course. She could choose to investigate the sound -- who knew what had happened out here? If one of the trees had fell down -- the two sounds would be remarkably similar, if Kat was familiar with it -- then any number of people could need help. Or she could choose not to care about it at all, and move on, paying attention to the fletchling instead.

If she chose the former, the fletchling would not stop them, too rattled by the sudden sound and jerked out of her annoyed mindset. If she chose the latter, well, she'd slowly but surely get riled up again, still annoyed at the presence of the human and the pokemon that had disturbed her sunbathing.

Whatever she chose, it was for sure that only the fletchling would disturb them, all the rest of the pokemon scared back into hiding.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Oct 21 2015, 12:13 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[Jeebus, apparently I can't keep track of time. I mean really...2 months later? -pokes self-]

[egg post: 3]

---

Katheryn was totally prepared to continue rant-analogizing to the Fletchling, not paying attention to the Fletchling's obvious disapproval, when there was this loud thud. She fell silent, startled and confused. It seemed to her like the forest was expressing its disapproval of what she said, which was absolutely something unusual that she'd never had happen to her before.

Then it came again, accompanied by a groaning that reminded her of a house falling over slowly, and the ground shaking ever so slightly. Very, very unusual. Perhaps trees falling over could have caused that, she was in a forest after all, but...

It was silent, otherwise. She peeked up, curiously, at the Fletchling. She could continue apologizing to the poor Pokemon, but even it seemed shocked - perhaps it was time for a hasty retreat. Frowning slightly as she looked down and saw her Jacoba berry on the ground, she hastily grabbed it, put it in her pack, and pulled her pack on - all just as quietly and unobtrusively as possible, while making sure to be careful with the egg inside. Flushing slightly in remembrance, she said a very quiet "Sorry," as she scurried off, motioning for Electrike to follow. Hopefully Fletchling would be distracted enough to either not notice, or at least let them leave.

With that taken care of, she had to think quickly. Go towards the sound that quieted the forest, or just get out of there? Getting away sounded good, both from the Fletchling she had pissed off and from the sound. But at the same time...what had that sound been? It could have just been, say, a tree falling over...not too unexpected, it being a forest. But...

It was that "but" that caused her to sigh and attempt to peer through the trees on her way towards the noise. Scared she might be of what had caused the noise, but at the same time...she'd made a conscious decision to stop being such a coward, to be a Handler, to try and make the world a better place (especially for the unfortunates who had no place to call home, such as herself). And what good what it do if she just ran away all the time?

Plus, she had a Pokemon to look after now, to make as strong as possible. She smiled a tiny smile as she peered over at Electrike, who nervously matched her pace beside her. Rubbing its ears a little (and ignoring the bits of shock she experienced for her trouble), she tried to get across a sense of comfort and possibly courage as they explored. Time to find out what the cause of the thud was, and...come what may.

---

Running away from Fletchling...towards the noise? Or at least sorta...

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Oct 28 2015, 08:18 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.7 exp for you! }

The forest was silent and would continue to remain relatively quiet as Katheryn picked her way among the trees, the path becoming lost minutes after she started walking. Still, the forest ground wouldn't give her much trouble--there was soft, crushed grass underfoot, flattened from others' passage long before, the beginnings of a poke-path that she would be able to travel along.

The only sound in the air was Katheryn's own breaths and Electrike's movements, though if she listened closely she would be able to hear rustling up above. A look would only let her see leaves and branches, however, with the sky beyond that, and nothing else. Even the shreds of color at the edge of her vision would vanish soon enough.

It only took her about a quarter hour's travel before she found her first obstacle: a fallen tree, stretched completely across the path, the earth underneath freshly overturned. Any plants below it had been crushed, even though it looked to be a young one; but it was not that thick around its trunk, and so Katheryn would be able to hop over it without much trouble, though effort was another matter entirely.

Only visible once she was beyond the tree in her way was a small clearing, smaller than the one that she had first met fletchling in. It was not a uniform circle as well--the side that Katheryn was on was its long side, for the breadth of the clearing was shorter than the depth of it. But shape was not the only difference between the two spaces; there was a great donphan standing at the end of the clearing, head bowed to something in front of it that Katheryn could not see. At least, not from where she stood.

This was the place where she had heard the thuds, though there was only one fallen tree accounted for. Whatever the rest of the moaning had been, she would not be able to discern.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Oct 31 2015, 05:52 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[Happy Halloween! ...well, at least it is here. Brain doesn't exactly want to work right now, but this will do.]

[egg post: 4]

---

The further that Kat pushed into the wilderness, the more and more she couldn't help but think about how stupid she was being. Why on earth would someone go towards the scary noise in the middle of the forest, leaving the path behind? But every time she started to talk herself out of the crazy course of action, she felt the weight in her pack of the egg she'd found, and caught sight of the Electrike keeping pace with her, and remembered that true Handlers would at least go investigate the sound, wanting to help if someone was in trouble. At least, she thought that the good ones would - there were bad eggs in any group of people, after all, and it wasn't like she knew any Handlers personally.

Towards the end of her trek, there was a fallen tree. She frowned for a moment, concerned, but couldn't hear anything that would hint at something trapped underneath. She eyed the trunk for a few moments, then considered the end that had once been firmly rooted - clearly recently disturbed. This was, then, the source of at least one of the thuds. She looked around for a moment, concerned that she couldn't immediately see the source of whatever else had fallen, and also wondering what had caused such a healthy-looking tree to fall. It at least didn't look like it had fallen on its own, after all...

She motioned quietly to Electrike, took a steadying breath, then carefully climbed over the trunk of the fallen tree. It was a matter of not wanting to hurt herself as well as wanting to be as quiet as possible that forced her into this - she couldn't see beyond it, and as such, didn't want to arrive into a possibly dangerous situation with an injury. Despite slipping just a little as she stepped over, she made it with little issue, Electrike sniffing her way around it instead of over.

Now on the other side of the tree, Kat could see into the clearing. Her eyes travelled first over the edges as a precautionary measure - it could be important, later, to know at least a little about what the physical layout of the area was. She didn't know if she'd have to flee quickly, after all, and didn't want to run into any issues.

Then her eye caught on the Donphan, and the fact that it looked...well, she couldn't really tell, not being able to see from the other side, but possibly either angry or sad, taking into account the fallen tree and the bowed head? That...well, that could be an issue. At this point, Electrike nudged her side, and she immediately rubbed its ears again, possibly starting a habit. She quickly considered her options, trying to decide on the best course of action, then shook her head slightly. She had to know more about what was going on here before she could make an informed decision...

And so she stepped to the side, keeping to the edge of the clearing. She kept her hands away from her body in a non-threatening manner, not wanting to seem like she was a target that had to be taken out. Or at least, that's what she tried to do as she edged to the side, wanting to know what had caught the Donphan's attention.

--

Spotted the Donphan, now trying to peacefully cross to see what's going on...

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Nov 5 2015, 09:29 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.7 exp for you! }

Donphan did not move, not when Kat approached and not when she skirted around the clearing, either. He only moved when she got close enough to touch him or the object that had caught his attention.

But it wasn't an object--rather, it was a person, if Kat could make out the outlines of limbs from the way they had fallen. They were on their side, back to Kat when she had made her way around, and she would only be able to glimpse the lack of movement before the donphan had moved to intercept her.

He was not aggressive, at least; he looked her in the eye instead, judging with a sense of knowledge that could not have come from a wild pokemon. There was a tense moment, when he stood between her and the person on the ground, before he moved away, backing off and settling on the other side.

The person had still not moved, and at a second, closer look Kat would be able to see the dirt-streaks on their arms and pants and the matted hair at the back of their skull. Their limbs were a tangled mess, and if Kat moved them to the side or onto their back, she would be able to see the puddle of red that had gathered underneath his head.

And still, no matter what Kat did--helped, hindered, backed away from a possible-dead body and its elephant companion, the donphan did not intervene. It only kept a watchful eye on the surrounding clearing and the electrike. If the lightning-dog or Kat herself followed its line of sight, perhaps they could make out the small pokemon that had settled in the branches up above--it had streaks of red and light blue, though it did not come near.

Kat had a moment to choose: now that she was past the donphan, she could see the ground of it sloping upwards as the back of the clearing was a hill, and tangled in the roots of a tree that was nearby was a pack. She wouldn't be able to see what it contained, not at this angle, but with a few steps and a stoop downwards--or electrike fetching it--she could reach the pack. Donphan would turn baleful eyes towards them, then, and block their path by ambling into their way, leaving the person behind.

Whether or not she chose to loot the man, or flee, or help, or anything else, it would not change one thing; the body on the ground would let out a low groan, a sound that came with pain, and would curl in on itself on its side to block out the light.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Dec 17 2015, 02:53 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[Egg post: 5]

---

Katheryn Knighton was very concerned with the behavior of the Donphan she found in that clearing. She was a stranger coming across what she believed to be a wild Pokemon, yet other than keeping a close eye on her, that Donphan did nothing else. Unnerved though she definitely was, she was also intrigued. Why would this Pokemon be behaving like this?

As she got closer, edging around the clearing, the more concerned she became. It was clear that it was guarding...well, something. Her curiosity drew her closer, but before she could determine what was being guarded, the Donphan was there right in front of her. Attempting to keep a hold on her fear of the intimidating Pokemon, she did her best to meet its eyes, keeping eye contact with it. She felt tiny in front of it, and knew instinctively that it would pretty much take nothing for this Pokemon to kill her. If nothing else, it looked like it was around 3-4 times as heavy as she was. Yep, definitely wouldn't take much...

A deep, steadying breath later, and the Donphan had backed off. Relief instantly flooded her, and her next couple of steps forward were just a little shaky. Thanks to the adrenaline rush of just a few moments before, it took her a few moments to realise what she was staring blindly at. "Oh, shit." The color fled her face for that moment, as she took in the reality of what she was seeing in front of her. "What-what do I do?!"

Before she could really start to freak out, Electrike brushed against her side, whining slightly. She didn't want her trainer to freak out like she had before, so she gently nudged against Kat, reminding her that she wasn't alone.

This barely managed to get through her panic-stricken mind, causing her to look down at her puppy-like Pokemon. Breathing in deeply, she rubbed Electrike's ears. Keeping her eyes away from the seemingly dead person in front of her, she calmed down a bit before looking at the person again. Flicking her eyes at the Donphan, she breathed in deeply again.

"Keep a look out for me, Electrike, would you please? I gotta-I gotta try to help if I can." With that, she knelt down and started examining the body, mumbling to herself. After a few moments, she started digging in her pack, starting in on the little bits of first aid she thought might (maybe?) help. There was a good sign at that point, with the person groaning and curling in on itself - at least to an extent it was good, mostly with the fact that it showed that the person was, in fact, not dead.

Meanwhile, Electrike paced a circle around her, sniffing the ground and keeping an eye both on the Donphan and the surrounding area. Especially since her trainer seemed to be losing herself, more or less, in the helping of the stranger on the ground. She noted the pack off to the side of the clearing and growled a bit, at which Kat reached out and patted her head then went back to first aid attempts. Huffing slightly, she turned her attention more to the Donphan, and noticed it keeping an eye on...something? Maybe?

She tilted her head to the side, trying to get a bead on whatever it was that had the Donphan interested - besides them and the person on the ground, obviously. Was there something up there in the tree? She couldn't get a good look at it, and huffed again in frustration. All she could get were glimpses of red and light blue. "Trike!"

---

Attempting to stay calm-ish despite the circumstances and help the person, Electrike keeps watch and maybe spots the thing in the tree?

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Dec 19 2015, 08:43 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.7 EXP for you! }

The person flinched away from Katheryn's ministrations, a hand going to the ribs to clutch at them. His--the gender presumed by the short hair cropped at the base of the neck and a square jawline--dark hair was sweat-damp, although the scent of musk hadn't set in yet, all signs that he hadn't been in pain for long. But when he opened his eyes to stare up at Katheryn he still hissed and squinted them almost shut; the pupils, if she had managed to see them, were blown wide.

Kat would be able to get him to lie still, at least, though sitting up wouldn't be a good idea with the way he held his ribs tightly. She would be able to bind them with cloth, or perhaps dose him with some pain-numbing plants if she knew any; it wouldn't be a good idea to use a Potion, intended for pokemon, on a person. Manual first-aid would have to do, here. Donphan would thud over to stand behind him, providing what support it could, and any hostility it held toward Kat had dissipated now like fog in sunlight.

Still, its line of sight followed the shreds of color in the branches, then at Electrike when she went to investigate. The culprit, they would be able to see, was a fletchling--though if it was the same one from earlier, they wouldn't be able to tell. It didn't come down from its perch, either, simply watching with judgmental dark eyes.

The man under Kat's hands coughed. It came out wet and hacking, but he cleared his airway enough to ask, "Who're ye?" The accent was thick, and the voice was young--perhaps not too much older than Kat herself. Streaks of blood still flowed from the back of his head and soaked the collar of his tunic, but he didn't notice, instead blinking a few times and trying to look at Kat in the eye. "Where'm I?"

Then he glanced around, the motion jerky; he'd sway a bit if he were propped up, press a hand to his chest anyway if he wasn't. He looked sick, nauseous, and proved it a moment later when he made gagging noises that sounded like someone trying to keep a meal down. Donphan rumbled under its breath, low and worried, looking to Kat with the sort of desperation that came with being particularly helpless.

The noises stopped for a moment, enough for the man--boy?--to look at her from underneath a fringe of dark hair. "Wha' happ'ned?"

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jan 21 2016, 02:45 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[OOC: Not sure on location here tbh, sorry if I get things wrong http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png - basing it vaguely off of your first post here]
[egg post: 6]

Though relieved that the dead-looking man was clearly alive for now, Kat was worried about the signs she saw that he was hurt worse than she could really deal with, being out here in the wilds. She bit her lip, worried as she saw him grab his ribs - and the blown pupils when he opened his eyes to peer up at her. Both not good signs, as far as she understood such things - which wasn't much, of course.

"Name's Kat," she said carefully, rummaging a bit in her pack for something that could be used as bandages. Not finding anything better than some old clothes (and a Silk Scarf she definitely wouldn't use for bandages), she sighed and set about ripping long strips out of the more hole-infested garments, no longer good for covering one's body. They'd be...well, good enough. "Not sure where we are now, shouldn't be far from Dedrius I don't think. Or at least, I wasn't far earlier this morning..." Here she shrugged, and prepped the rough bandages - good thing she wasn't trying for sterility, she couldn't help but think, just for holding the poor guy together.

"As for what happened...what do you remember? I found you here with a Donphan watcher, with a tree felled over there," she roughly waved in the direction she came from, eyeing her pitiful bandage pile, then (as gently as possible) set about wrapping the guy's ribs, "and a couple of other eerie noises earlier today, that's about all I know - oh, and sorry, this probably hurts." She said the last little bit gently, remembering what it felt like to have hurt ribs from her own history. She did her best to not move him too much beyond what was necessary, shifting things around so she could carefully sit him up, propped up...well, mostly against herself unless the Donphan would offer some support, though also with the support of her pack (the egg carefully pulled out so it didn't get squished, bundled in her only other real set of clothing to keep it fairly warm).

She used a bit of extra cloth "bandages" to now attempt to bandage his head - to her, the ribs had been more important for whatever reason. A stranger he might be, but he was wounded and not entirely there mentally yet; thus the "mother bear" had come out, only really seen in the presence of injured Pokemon. Of course, she'd never really been in the presence of injured people before...at least, not like this, not out in the wild with nobody else for miles.

Electrike, meanwhile, had huffed her way around the clearing, trying to make sure nothing would sneak up on them. She was keeping a small amount of attention on the (currently) hidden Fletchling, just to make sure it didn't attack or anything like that. Donphan seemed to be okay with them now so she didn't worry overly much about it, but who knows what could happen? She sniffed her way around to the group, at least tentatively confident that they were...well, not alone, but relatively safe. For now. Though tempted to go and get the pack it had spotted earlier, it felt that keeping them safe would be a smarter idea.

---

Quietly pretending to be a boy, bandaging up a wounded guy...well, as best as she can, and trying to find out what happened. Electrike keeps watch.

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 12:14 AM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.7 EXP, and your post is fine, no worries! (: }

"I don' remember much," the boy coughed out, biting his lip to keep from moaning when Kat wound bandages around his ribs and head. He flashed her a weak but grateful smile, and looked to the donphan when she mentioned it.

His smile lit up like the sunrise, and he held out a shaking hand. "Marston!" he called out, and the donphan didn't hesitate to put its trunk-nose to press it against his hand. "I 'member Marston, obviously," he laughed, making hissing noises when the movement disturbed his injured ribs.

When the pain passed he blinked at Kat, pupils still dilated but concentrating. "Dunno 'bout the tree, or 'bout the noises," he said slowly, pausing to bite his lip. "I - I think I was. Looking for somethin'? Somethin'... important."

The donphan made a low rumbling sound, and absently the boy patted the trunk to calm him. "Can' 'member it now, but - ah, Ma didn' teach me t'be rude." The boy stuck out his hand and smiled at Kat one more time, this time with gratefulness edging it. It was honest and sincere, and he wouldn't be offended if Kat declined to shake his hand, either, only letting it go with a one-shoulder shrug. "'m Philip Woodsworth; me fam's back in the nearest town. Celebi be blessed 'f I can 'member how to get back there..."

There was a snort; linking the sound to the origin would find the donphan Marston looking down at Philip with a supremely unimpressed air. Said boy almost laughed again, obviously thought better of it, and gave a wild grin. "'course, Marston knows 'is way back. Da reared 'im since 'e was just a little phanpy, y'know. Grew up 'n these woods like it were the backyard."

Philip squinted at her then, the gesture losing some of its meaning by the fact that it came from a guy with a bandage on his head; but he pressed on, worrying at his lip. "I really am grateful that you 'elped me," he said. "Are you currently travelin'? I know Ma wouldn' mind puttin' you up for the night if you need a place t'stay that's not an inn. 'Course, you don't trust me, we can point you t'an inn, too."

He shrugged again, made a movement to stand up, was stopped by a donphan gently but firmly pressing him to the ground with a stern eye. The two shared a partial glaring match for the moment that it took for Marston to win it. Philip sighed, turned to address Kat again with a tired smile. "Anyways, need t'pay you for helpin' me, right? Where's my pack? I think I have some coin in there..."

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 02:03 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[egg post: 7]

Kat listened intently, though didn't volunteer more information just yet - she smiled when the boy and the Donphan greeted each other, and knew both were grateful for her help. When he introduced himself as Phillip Woodsworth, she smiled back. "Full name's Kat Knighton, myself," she said, purposefully not giving her full first name - helps with the illusion of being male, if she went by Kat instead of Katheryn. She shook his offered hand, head tilting slightly to the side. She was full of curiosity, of unanswered questions - but since Phillip clearly didn't remember why he was in the forest at the moment, let alone what had happened before she came across them, her questions would go unasked and unanswered for now.

He mentioned being from near here and offered her a place to stay and she couldn't help but smile. "I've been traveling pretty much all my life, to be honest." She peered over at Electrike, and her smile widened a bit. "Just, now I have a reason to travel - to get my Pokemon as strong as I can." She shook her head slightly, then turned back to Phillip as he continued on. For now, she didn't make any comment on the offer of housing - it would probably come out later one way or the other, and actually wasn't sure if she should trust him or not; though he seemed nice enough, and sincere, it could easily just all be a con. Of course, he really was hurt, that much she could tell he wasn't lying about.

She shook the thoughts out of her head, turning her attention back to the kid as he continued. An offer of payment? She hadn't even thought about some sort of payment - just seen this person badly hurt and jumped in without contemplating if it was worth it or not. "I-uh, don't know anything about a pack...kinda got distracted from looking, when I saw you here."

As soon as the boy had mentioned a pack, Electrike had taken it upon herself to fetch it - not conventional, she was sure, in terms of Trainer-Pokemon relationships considering the obvious lack of an order, but she knew that there wouldn't be anything usual about her Kat. After all, Kat had freaked out over a simple Thunderbolt at a Fletchling...she certainly wouldn't be forgetting about that any time soon. So she went and fetched the pack, and brought it over to Kat with a gentle rub against her side. Kat scratched behind Electrike's ears once it was brought over, then Electrike turned its attention back to the only for-certain unknown left in the clearing - that Fletchling, if it was still around.

"I swear, she's learning to know me better than I do - and it hasn't been that long, either," Kat said with a bit of a wry grin. "Anyways, is this your pack? And no worries about any sort of payment," she added on after a moment with a concerned frown, "more important to me was that you were taken care of - and not, er, dead."

She paused for a moment, uncertain. Donphan (Marston, apparently?) had made it clear that it didn't want Phillip walking, but she didn't see any other way for the kid to get back home. "It, uh, looks like your Marston doesn't want you walking - any ideas on how to get you back home safely? I'm willing to help where I can - not like I have anywhere specific to go or be just now, anyways."

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Feb 5 2016, 10:35 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.7 EXP for you! }

Philip took back his pack with a murmured confirmation and thanks. His hands were shaking on the straps but his movements were firm and practiced as he opened it; and even as Katheryn declined the offer of payment he frowned.

But he smiled, in the end, wry and still edged with pain. "'s hard to come by these days - good people, I mean. 'm lucky that you came along when y'did. Marston woulda been 'ere 'til I woke up, but he can' take care'a injuries like a person can. And the only other one that knows I'm 'ere in the woods... dunno where she is now."

Marston's eyes slid towards the trees; Philip appeared to miss the glance, instead patting at the donphan's shoulder and ignoring the huff of annoyance that he received. "Marston could prob'ly carry me back t'town, though goin' on 'im while I can't keep breakfast down prob'ly isn't a good idea either." The boy grimaced, tilting his head back to think.

And tilted it to the side to gag again, this time heaving what sounded to be his stomach out onto the forest floor. It would all be dry, though, and after a bit of coughing he'd wave it away as nothing too serious.

There really wasn't a right answer here; instead, one that counted as good enough would have to do. Philip wouldn't argue if Kat suggested putting him on the donphan anyway to let it carry him back to town, nor would he if she excused herself from this business and wished him the best of luck to carry on. He'd direct her towards a small but good inn if she did, the Jolly Shiftry. It'd be easy to find, being the only inn of any particular importance in the town.

Kat could also very well try looking for a third option, though the fallen tree that had first blocked entry into this clearing would present an obstacle to be thought around. Or perhaps she could deal with it more directly? Regardless of what she chose, Philips seemed content to lean against Marston for now and simply breathe.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Route 5 | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (3) 1 2 3  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.