Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Quinn Fox's Travels, Shleby
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 10:47 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1615
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Awards: 5

[ Welcome to Harper! Please remember to post in the Updates thread after every travels post you make. If you'd like to know the typing of your egg, please PM me or an admin. Additionally, remember to keep an egg count. If you have any questions, please ask a mod in Cbox or through PM. Have fun! ]

RP Sample/Prologue

The slowpoke was indeed low in level, but he was hers, and with time and training, there was no doubt that he could become a strong pokemon. It might take some more effort to get used to his typing, as well as his pace of action, but this could be an exciting new challenge for the blacksmith-in-training as she left her childhood home.

The remainder of the night would pass calmly and quietly, with the distant chirping of taillows sounding in the morning to awaken Quinn. She would be able to find her way back to the road easily, but as the sun continued to rise on the clear, bright morning, she would soon hear a shout coming from up ahead.

The shout could mean danger, or an opportunity to help, depending on what was going on. If she stayed on the road, whether or not she advanced, a young woman would run up to her, dressed elegantly and looking distraught. "Oh, you have to help, please! My cart is stuck and the driver says he can do nothing about it!" Her tone was dramatic, her voice high-pitched, and yet she was able to calm herself down in mere moments to make Quinn a formal offer.

"I am traveling towards Fough Place - if you will help the driver get my cart there, I will see to it that you are rewarded with gold, and when I am ready to return to Miramossa, I would give you passage on the cart."

The offer seemed generous, but Quinn didn't know much about the woman, and the city of Miramossa was even more mysterious. Was that where she wanted to go to learn more about her trade? Then again, the city of Miramossa fed into a great many roads heading around the region; perhaps a small detour back to her hometown was worth it to gain access to a variety of other places.

Then again, Quinn had no obligation to the young woman, and there were generally enough travelers on the road that the woman would find help eventually, from someone else. Quinn could try to find someone else on the road, or she could look for wild pokemon that lived in the outskirts of the city and the beginning of the route she had chosen to take. Only three pokemon were visible at the moment - a weedle on a tree, an irate-looking mankey was scavenging a bush nearby, and a very out-of-place squirtle looking around for something - but there were surely more, if Quinn chose to look.

The world was open to her. What would Quinn choose to do on her first day?

Wild Pokemon

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/13weedle.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
- Clinging to a tree; not doing much

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/56mankey.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
- Angrily attacking a nearby berry bush

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/7squirtle.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
- Seems very out of place
- Looking around for something

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 09:26 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 46
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

Awards: None

Egg post: 1

-----------

Quinn trotted over to the bush where her new pokemon sat beneath it, safely in the confines of it's pokeball. She bent down and scooped it up with both hands, cradling it like it was fragile. She knew it was as sturdy as a rod of iron, but for some reason she felt she needed to guard it like a precious jewel. Who could blame her? It was her first and only pokemon, well, aside from the egg her mother had given her.

She stood upright and smiled gleefully. 'I finally have a pokemon of my own!' she thought. 'What should I do with it? What do I name it?' Quinn pondered for a few seconds. 'It kinda looks like a slug with legs...' her face lit up and she exclaimed "SLUG! That's it!" She was a little too proud of herself for thinking of such a silly name so quickly, but her excitement was just exploding at her seams and was making her a bit silly herself.

The girl placed her new pokemon in her satchel, she wasn't quite ready to try and interact with it yet. She figured her energy might intimidate it or something of the sort. Quinn patted the egg in her bag gently and closed it back up. 'I wonder what is going to come out of it? Mother said it was electric, but that's all she knew...' Quinn thought over the possibilities for a bit while trudging down the road away from home, eager for the little baby to be born.

Quinn's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by an odd, fancily dressed and distressed woman saying something about her cart. Quinn felt a bit inclined to help, but found it a bit strange that the woman had calmed down so quickly. A little too strange.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you, I'm in a hurry." She lied, something she only did if she felt it was necessary. Quinn didn't trust this stranger, and thus felt the need to lie for self preservation. She told the woman she hoped she found some help, then moved on. Quinn was indeed on her way to Miramossa, but didn't want to let the woman know.

As Quinn left the woman behind, she spotted a little blue pokemon seemingly searching for something. But, what was a pokemon like that doing here? She'd never seen one anywhere near her home before. Was it someone's lost pokemon? It wasn't like her to leave a pokemon in need, so she decided to approach it slowly.

Quinn stopped several feet away from the squirtle and knelt down. "Are you okay? Are you lost little guy?" She asked soothingly.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 09:45 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

[[ +0.6 EXP for you! ]]

The young woman wrinkled her nose at Quinn, and looked like she wanted to say several things in anger, but eventually got control of herself and was able to speak. "Very well, then - but don't expect a ride in the future, or anything else from me. Good day." She quickly turned away and stormed off, her breathing giving away more anger than was revealed in her words.

The nearby squirtle didn't care much for the almost-conflict, however, stumbling around in the grass as Quinn knelt to talk to it. "Squirt?" it asked, its voice shaky and uncertain. Whether it was lost or something else was wrong, it was definitely distressed, but trying its best to stay calm.

It would only be a few moments before a young boy would burst out of cover behind the tree with the weedle, angering the bug-type pokemon. "Shelly, did you find someone?" the boy asked, then quickly whirled around to face Quinn. "This squirtle's mine, he's not for trade, and he'll fight if you try to take him, and I can win," the boy burst out very quickly.

Assuming Quinn dispelled his worries (which would mostly involve not trying to poach the squirtle on the spot), the boy would sigh and his posture and demeanor would relax. "I sent Shelly out to look for help - my minun got caught in a trap and I've been trying to get him out, but nothing has worked... do you know how to get him out? He's stuck by the tail," he said hopefully.

Although he had not yet provided his name, the child had definitely given enough information for Quinn to begin doing something along the road that likely wouldn't take much time. There was also the option to find out more, whether to ask about the situation or the trap or anything else about the boy, including a potential reward for a job well done. Then again, the road was wide open to Quinn, and although the squirtle was not wild, there were likely many other wild pokemon on the way to Miramossa. What would she choose to do?

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 02:09 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

Egg post: 2

-------------

The redhead was worried about the little squirtle that seemed to be searching for something rather fervently. Was it lost? Or had it lost something special to it? Quinn had no idea what it needed, but she was there to help. She couldn't keep herself from helping a critter that needed help. It was obvious by her actions today that she was far more interested in being with pokemon than people, which was somewhat true.

When the squirtle turned it's attention to Quinn it seemed uncertain and perhaps scared, so she smiled and calmly said "It's okay little guy, I can hel..." Rustling in the nearby foliage interrupted Quinn and she stiffened. 'What was that?' she questioned. Her thoughts were quickly answered when a small boy burst forth from the tree nearest to her.

"Ack!!!" The startled redhead jumped up and held up her hands. "I'm sorry!" she replied to the boy's threat of a battle "I was just trying to help, I didn't intend to steal him I swear!" Quinn couldn't help but wonder what a boy his age was doing out here all alone. Was he lost too? Or did he live nearby?

The strange boy sighed and backed down. It seemed that he believed her, and she also relaxed and put her arms down. Before she could ask what was wrong, the boy answered her unspoken question. "I sent Shelly out to look for help - my minun got caught in a trap and I've been trying to get him out, but nothing has worked..." He seemed quite concerned, and all she wanted was to help."Do you know how to get him out? He's stuck by the tail."

Quinn had some experience with traps, but mostly just making ones such as iron bear traps. She did know how to open them, but she'd never tried with a pokemon stuck in one before. This might be difficult, especially if it's something she's never seen before. But she couldn't just leave the pokemon there to die, and she wanted to help the boy.

"I can try to help," She said calmly. "But I need to know what the trap is like, do you know what it looks like? Is it metal?"

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 09:01 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

[[ +0.5 EXP for you! Sorry for the delay; RL has been difficult lately. Since this is the 5th post in your Travels, you are now eligible for mod-spawned freeforms to try to catch pokemon! ]]

The boy seemed comforted by Quinn's startled reaction - a true thief, he knew, would not break so easily, and the squirtle was still safe with his handler. He could relax enough to tell Quinn what he was after, and why he had let his rare pokemon out of his sight, and his face broke into a grin when Quinn offered to help.

"It has these spikes coming out of the ground - yeah, it's metal, it kinda looks like the ones my brother used to - " the boy said, quickly cutting himself off and changing the subject. "It's by his tail, the blue part, and he keeps trying to get out, but it snapped shut and now it won't let go. I'm scared to leave him for too long because what if the poacher comes back? Will you come with me?"

Assuming Quinn had no other questions or concerns, the boy would lead her into the bushes, the squirtle staying close to his side. He seemed to have a good eye for tracking, spotting individual plants and pointing them out to the squirtle as he made his way back. Things seemed to be going well, and once he had comfortably found the path, he would be open to answering more questions.

Before long, however, a sudden rustling from a nearby tree would alert the pair to a bug-type pokemon. A large blue beetle-like pokemon chittered as it clung to a tree, climbing to the best of its ability. The pokemon looked startled, alarmed, and when the squirtle made a slight noise of alarm, it quickly turned to face the water-type with aggression.

"No, no, no! I need to get back to my minun," the boy groaned as his squirtle stuck close to him, cowering. "I don't suppose you know a way to make this thing go away? Shelly's still too much of a baby to want to do anything at all." His voice was pleading, his eyes wide, as the heracross got closer, eyeing the squirtle with a challenging Leer.

Was a battle the only way to get past the stressed bug-type? Or did Quinn have any other ideas? Either way, she would have to think quickly in order to get back to where the minun was still in its trap.

-------------

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/214heracross.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
Level 5
- Used Leer on squirtle

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 09:51 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

The boy seemed to relax a bit more after Quinn offered to help him save his pokemon, which in turn led her to relax too. She didn't feel that she needed to worry about being tricked by this boy, though in reality he could be leading her into a trap. She was a bit too trusting at times, even though she hadn't been earlier, and perhaps someday she would have to learn to be more cautious due to experience. But for now, all she wished to do was help the little boy. One thought popped into her head, however; Why did he send his rare pokemon out all on it's own? Especially if his other pokemon were caught in a poacher's trap. Isn't that a bit reckless?

Quinn's thoughts returned to the situation as the boy described the trap his pokemon was caught in. It was a metal trap, apparently, and from what he described it sounded like a bear trap. At least she knew how to handle one. Although it was going to be tricky with a pokemon stuck inside. Bear traps could be very dangerous. Quinn had seen many hunters come back from hunts with missing fingers or even hands. How was she going to do this? The girl was so caught up in her thoughts about the trap that she didn't catch the part where he mentioned something about his brothers using traps like these.

"It's by his tail, the blue part, and he keeps trying to get out, but it snapped shut and now it won't let go. I'm scared to leave him for too long because what if the poacher comes back? Will you come with me?" The boy said.

Quinn snapped back to reality. Yes, the pair needed to move swiftly, otherwise there may not be a minun to rescue. But, she knew that she needed to be reassuring, so she replied, "Don't you worry, we'll get your minun out of that trap. I've seen traps before, and if it's what I'm thinking it is, then it should be easy." She smiled, trying to quell the boy's fears. Quinn patted him on the shoulder, then said "Let's go."

The boy started leading her into the brush alongside the road. It was dense, and Quinn had to keep up her pace so that she didn't lose the small human. She took note of the fact that he was pointing out random plants and describing them to his pokemon. Quinn couldn't help but be impressed, and chose to listen and learn. Agrimony; a tall herb with long stalks covered in a silky down that end in small yellow flowers. Apparently used for treating colds and fever. Yarrow; strong smelling herb with fibrous, rough leaves and small white flowers. Used for aches and stomach cramps. And spearmint; a soft leaved plant with a sweet and minty smell used for teas and stomach ailments.

Such a plethora of knowledge about the outdoors the boy had. Quinn wondered how he had gotten so familiar with the plants in the area. She made mental notes of the appearance and uses of the plants just in case she needed it in the future.

Quinn and the boy's little lesson were interrupted suddenly by the arrival of a rather grumpy heracross. It had burst from the bushes and glared at the boy's squirtle. Quinn was startled by the newcomer, and immediately grabbed for her full pokeball just in case. The boy cried out that they needed to go, that they needed to save his minun.

"Don't worry," She spoke calmly, even though she was nervous and a bit unsure of herself. "I'll take care of the bug, okay? Just grab your squirtle and stand back." She grinned reassuringly and pressed the button on her pokeball. A red light shimmered out of the ball and materialized into a slowpoke right in front of the pair of humans. He yawned, then looked confused for a moment. What was he doing here? He wondered.

This was going to be Quinn's first battle, and she was nervous. She didn't like the idea of putting Slug in harms way, but she needed to subdue that creature before it was too late, and she couldn't do it on her own. She had a plan, but she was uncertain if it would work."Slug, I need you to use yawn on that pokemon!" She exclaimed and pointed at the bug.

Slug looked at her, then looked over at the heracross and sighed. Fine he thought lazily, that's simple enough, it doesn't look very tough... All he wanted was to get this over with so he could take a nap. He didn't realize that this was actually an urgent situation. The slowpoke opened his mouth incredibly wide and took in a large volume of air. It was the largest yawn she had ever seen him take, and it seemed to last for ages. But, she couldn't see anything happening other than him yawning. How did this move work? Was there some invisible wave of energy that would make the other pokemon sleep? Or was it like when humans yawned, how when one person yawns the others in the group follow suit? Well, however it worked, Quinn just hoped it would work fast.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 12:33 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 728
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

[0.6 exp!]

Quinn followed along alertly as the boy led them along, even paying attention as the child spoke to his Squirtle about the nearby plants. It seemed fairly quiet and calm for a while - at least, up until the point that a Heracross decided that the Squirtle must have been threatening it or something, and started to attack. Before it could do anything beyond a meaningful Leer at the Squirtle, Quinn had her Slug Yawning in its direction. It seemed to affect the Heracross in some unknown way, but wasn't an effect that was immediately obvious; Heracross did yawn, but didn't immediately fall asleep.

Instead, it glared at the creature that dared to interrupt its attempt to prey on the water-type. It proceeded to flex its muscles, powering itself up in some way that wasn't immediately apparent, before charging towards the Slowpoke and ramming its body against the half-psychic. Slug would stumble back just a little bit, but other than a bit of bruising, it didn't really seem to do a lot of damage to him. In fact, he might not even feel the pain right away - though, that could be because of species more than the amount of damage he'd taken.

However, as the Heracross charged forth to attack once again - or at least, started to step forward as though he was going to attack once again - it stumbled and ended up crumbling to the ground, deeply asleep. While it wasn't apparent how long it would be asleep, this was Quinn's chance: would they take the opportunity and slip away, or did they really want to take the Heracross out?

Either way that Quinn wanted, the boy would try and rush them along. "We should get going, my Minun may not have much time!" he would almost-whisper, not wanting to wake the sleeping bug-type. His Squirtle huddled behind him, keeping the human between it and the Heracross even as the boy started to walk off slowly. He would stop if Quinn didn't follow, turning to frown at the girl for slowing him down, but wouldn't say anything if Quinn insisted on fully taking care of the Heracross rather than continuing on and leaving it behind.

If Quinn chose to follow and leave the Heracross instead, the Heracross wouldn't know the difference - it was solidly asleep, after all - and the boy would seem overjoyed that the one he'd found to help was actually paying attention to the potentially time-sensitive fact that a Minun was out there, stuck in what may or may not be a poacher's trap. He would continue leading Quinn along, telling his Squirtle - quieter than before - about the plants nearby, and continue leading them towards what may or may not be where the Minun had been stuck.

It was all up to Quinn and whether she wanted to continue on right away, or take care of the Heracross, or even go off and do something else - and at least at the moment, it didn't seem like it would make a big difference.

---

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/214heracross.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
Level 5
- +1 DEF, asleep

VS.

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/79slowpoke.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Level 6
- About 83% health, bruised but mostly fine

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Dev | Training

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams | Tracker
| PM || Email |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 11:04 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

With a stumble, the heracross fell to the ground and started sleeping. Quinn couldn't help but feel relieved as she wasn't quite ready to try to fight with her pokemon yet. She felt she needed to get closer to Slug before she put him through the stress of a battle. But in this moment she had needed the help and decided to call upon Slug. Which, it seemed, had been the right thing to do. The girl let out a sigh and smiled, she was happy that her little pink pokemon had followed her directions so well, and she decided he was going to get a treat later when the circumstances were a little more accommodating.

"We should get going, my Minun may not have much time!" Whispered the boy, clearly trying to rush the girl whilst not disturbing the sleeping pokemon.

"Alright, let's get out of here." Quinn whispered back "Lead the way." She was slightly tempted to catch the sleeping pokemon, but knew that now was not the time to make an attempt. Instead she recalled her pokemon with the press of a button and walked over the the boy and his squirtle. 'Maybe it'll be there when I get back...' she thought hopefully. But until then, she had a mission and she was going to see it through.

Quinn followed the boy again, this time unable to hear his musings. The near silence started to make her feel a little uncomfortable, and she was beginning to worry about the situation at hand. She could trust this little boy right? She hadn't made a foolish mistake and willingly walked into a trap, right? No...that couldn't be, this boy seemed genuinely worried. At least, she thought he did? Quinn grasped Slug's pokeball for comfort as she followed blindly further into the forest. At least now she knew that she could count on her pokemon to help when she needed him. Hopefully....

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Dedrius | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.