Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Rotenda's Travels, Rotenda
Slondermins
 Posted: May 2 2017, 08:27 PM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Background Mods
Total Posts: 536
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:
Jezenya diHadi | Seze Cal

Awards: 2

(Welcome to Harper! Please remember to post in Update Requests when you need a mod response. Don’t forget to keep an egg count in each of your travels posts, and if you wish to know the typing of your egg, feel free to PM an admin about it! If you have any questions, also feel free to PM any of the staff; have fun!

This travels will start off after your development thread instead of your rp sample.)

The building Rotenda had taken shelter in was proceeded by several equally-abandoned looking structures, but nonetheless the street rat would recognize the sounds and smells of a marketplace on the air- it was faint and covered by the chill, but it was there. Behind him was the forest, including the cabin Rotenda had just fled, and although there were other buildings to his left and right, the wilderness quickly overtook them. If the boy wanted to get some food, he would have to press forward.

The abandoned buildings gave way to occupied ones, including several large lumber mills (made obvious by the stacks of logs rimming each one) and plenty of open ground for pokemon to move goods around. A pair of tauros stood chained to a long cart, on which several men and a nidoking piled fallen trees for processing. Rotenda would be given annoyed glances as he passed, but was otherwise ignored; unless he lingered, of course, in which case the foreman was quick to snap a word about children and being crushed.

It was just past the mills that Rotenda would find his vendors and shops. Many stalls were indeed selling food- there were kabobs, fruits and vegetables, and meats from wild Pokemon in the forest. Domesticated pokemon sat near almost every one, clearly meant to deter thieves and vagabonds. Perhaps, if Rotenda looked hard enough, he'd find an unattended stall- or he could think of a creative way to distract pokemon and human alike.

There was a general store off to his right, and to his left, a few stalls down, was a small commotion. A young, pretty woman was holding up a dark jar while members of the crowd lifted their hands, shouting out offers.

"I have a hank of stantler, freshly hunted just this morning!" cried one man.

"He can get stantler himself, he lives in the woods! I have a beautiful wool blanket I made myself, only from the finest mareep shearings." A woman scoffed, brandishing a small, colorful roll of cloth as proof.

"And what does a hermit need some colorful rug for? Guests?" The first man sneered in response.

"My friends, please," The pretty woman said soothingly, her voice musical. "He makes this salve every month. You are not in danger of running dry. Right now the best bid stands with the stantler meat. Can anyone top it?"

While the crowd bickered, something moved under the woman's cart. A bellossom swayed there, as if stirred by an invisible breeze. She smiled, her eyes trained on Rotenda, and beckoned him closer. In her other hand she revealed several berries, which she mimed giving him. The crowd, and the woman, were clearly distracted by the auction. Rotenda could see what the grass-type wanted or ignore the offer completely. There were other stalls to check out, after all, with a greater variety of foods. What would he choose?

--------------------

Goals user posted image PCR user posted image Thread Tracker

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Rotenda
 Posted: May 3 2017, 09:31 AM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Total Posts: 18
Member No. 2349
Joined on 25-April 17.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: None

:Egg count 1:

As Rotenda and Chip scanned the marketplace, his eyes fell on the Bellossom. She seemed to be getting his attention. He was not sure how he should feel about that. On the one hand, if she WAS offering him free berries, free is free, and cannot be beat. On the other hand, it COULD be a trick. Rarely did people give out free things without expecting something.

He paused, mulling it over in his mind trying to decide on the best course of action. Unable to decide he noticed the Patrat, his new companion, staring at the grass pokemon, mouth visibly watering. That made up his mind for him. He wasn't going to overlook this free offering. However, walking up to the cart in broad daylight, with or without a distracted crowd would be tough. He knew that if he could move through the crowd he might have a better chance to actually get there undetected.

Drawing his clothing in a bit tighter to attempt to obscure his face, Rotenda tentatively stepped towards the small crowd. He took a moment to observe the postures of the more silent members of the crowd. He figured they would be the ones more considered to be onlookers and beneath the notice of both vendor and the buyers, as they yelled back and forth. His attention was so focused that he hadn't even noticed the slight weight on his shoulder had suddenly disappeared.

He adjusted his posture to match theirs, and mimicked them the best he could, as he began to wind his way through the crowd. He kept his eyes downcast looking for any potentially dropped or discarded coins, food items or anything that had the potential to be worth something. He wondered if Chip would know how to act, realizing he hadn't told him, should they draw unwanted attention. No sooner did he do so, then he bumped against the man offering stantler meat. The man cast a vile look at Rotenda and then immediately checked for something at his waist, perhaps a purse of sorts.

Rotenda smiled sheepishly and apologized, raising up his empty hands Sorry sir,
no harm meant.
The man glared angrily but turned back, his mind on other things and whatever he had checked for obviously not having been taken by the boy. Sighing in relief, Rotendacontinued on. As he crept closer to the cart, he was more careful to avoid the others, and began to pay attention to their swaying and shifting as the shouts commenced.

As he breached the side of the crowd seeming to have drawn little notice, he saw Chip waiting for him under there, his paws held in an odd angle. Could he be holding something? It was hard to tell from his location and from trying to look while looking like he wasn't. He waited until the timing of the crowd seemed to indicate another offer or argumentative statement that would draw attention, and he leaped forward rolling under the cart to the two awaiting pokemon.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Slondermins
 Posted: May 8 2017, 04:43 PM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Background Mods
Total Posts: 536
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:
Jezenya diHadi | Seze Cal

(0.5 exp! Remember not to take control of NPCs that mods introduce into your posts. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/20.png)

No one seemed to notice Rotenda's journey to the cart, although the sudden movement of the roll was more likely than not to attract attention. Whatever this woman was selling, it was more than enough to keep the crowd's eyes diverted.

The bellossom jumped in surprise at Sudden Boy, then giggled quietly and clapped her hands together- as if Rotenda had just done some neat trick for her benefit. She held out the berry to him and, assuming he took it, turned to pick another off of the ground. There were several scattered about at random, which was odd considering the lack of bushes in their general vicinity. It wasn't until the woman lightly jostled the cart to take a jar that the answer was revealed: a berry fell through a gap in the cart's bottom, bouncing to the stone in front of the patrat.

The bellossom seemed content to let them eat their fill, and it almost seemed like the woman auctioning off wares couldn't help but move the cart around whenever she turned. Rotenda and his pokemon would have plenty to stuff into their mouths, and should they stay to fill their stomachs, they might notice the crowd starting to dwindle. The young woman was just about through her stock.

Once everyone had eventually dispersed, the woman knelt and peered at the trio. There was no surprise on her face- only a kind, but amused, smile- suggesting that she had known that Rotenda was there all along. "Taking in strays again, Kara? Don't run!" The woman quickly added, holding up a hand. "My name is Helena. I have to return the cart, but I could use an extra pair of hands. I'll pay you in gold- or food, whichever you prefer."

Helena stood and backed away, giving the boy and his patrat a chance to either come out from under the wagon or flee the scene entirely. Kara the bellossom danced out into the open and turned, beaming at her new friends and beckoning them to join her. Come on, it would be fun!

"I didn't sell everything, which is fine. I have to return the cart and bring what I didn't auction off to the church, as a donation for their infirmary. After that you can accompany me, if you like, to meet my patron. He could offer you some work, too." It was a generous offer, considering the fact that this woman knew nothing about Rotenda. She certainly wasn't obligated to be giving such a chance. She was kind-hearted, then, or perhaps the street rat's instincts were right and this was a trap. Which would he go with?

--------------------

Goals user posted image PCR user posted image Thread Tracker

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Rotenda
 Posted: May 8 2017, 06:41 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2349
Joined on 25-April 17.

Characters:
N/A

:egg count 2:

Rotenda scrunched up his face in thought. Being called out and out on the spot like this made him very uncomfortable. The woman seemed to notice he was quite obviously eating some of her berries, and the puffed out cheeks of Chip only made it much more apparent. Rotenda began to concentrate and threw the facts around in his mind.

Technically he was just caught stealing, but the woman seemed more amused then upset. Furthermore she offered he a way to potentially MAKE money. This was highly unusual, and his heart began to hammer as his adrenaline kicked in with his mind screaming trap at him. He peered carefully at the Bellosom and and the woman's faces. They did not seem to hold any hidden malice, or if they did it was hidden very well.

If this WAS a trap, it seemed kind of silly. He had already done wrong, and could be in trouble as it was, with enough eye witnesses if the woman chose to cause him trouble. Therefore, this probably wasn't a basic trap if it was a trap. He carefully peered at the woman again, she didn't APPEAR to have any pokemon on her, and he did have Chip, so if something did go awry he might havw a chance of escape.

The facts were quite clear however, he was NOT going to make gold if he refused. Having surpassed the feelings of dread and panic, Rotenda's curiousity began to be piqued. Today WAS a new day with strange things happening. He turned to Chip to see if he had any sort of visible body language to show how he felt about the circumstances. Surprise filled Rotenda's eyes, Chip was no longer there by his feet.

Looking up Rotenda saw him dancing in the sun with the Bellossom, obviously not concerned in the least. Perhaps it had been the food, perhaps he had a good sense of character. Having been leading towards accepting already, Rotenda took Chip's actions as a sign of acquiescence. "Sure umm... Ms Helena. Pleased to meet the both of you. I'm not sure how it is we can help, but some gold would certianly brighten my day. And if we can help you, we shall be glad to."

Still not feeling completly comfortable with the situation, however, Rotenda motioned for Chip to return to his shoulder. The Patrat huffed a bit, but then feeling the fullness of his belly decided a ride might be just what he needed after all. Chip scampered up onto Rotenda's shoulder and the two prepared to follow Helena and assist her based on her request.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Ray
 Posted: May 25 2017, 11:43 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 405
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:
Dionisia Bosc, James Achilles

Awards: 6

[ .5 exp. My apologies for the wait. ]

Kara the bellossom giggled with delight when Chip joined her in her dancing; if the patrat would accept it, she would lead him in something like a waltz, spinning him around as they frolicked.

Helena looked down at him with a smile on her face. "Pleased to meet you and your patrat as well, young man. What is your name, if I may ask?" If Rotenda chose not to answer, she would let the question slide. If he did told her, she would address him by name.

"I would just need a little help unloading my supplies once we reach the church, and then if you would be so kind to accompany me to my patron, we may find other work for you there." Helena would give Rotenda a chance to ask any questions or reply before continuing.

"If that's all, then let's make our way to the church; once we've unloaded everything I will give your gold."

If Rotenda had no more questions, then Helena would invite him into the cart so they could make their way to the church. The cart was being pulled by a team of tauros, well-trained beasts by the looks of them. Helena commanded them well, and they moved through the city at a decent pace.

It would not be long before they were at the church, and Helena left the cart, inviting Rotenda to do the same. A women had exited the church, and greeted Helena warmly. "And who is this?" she questioned, peering at Rotenda.

"He is helping me with the goods," Helena would reply, adding in Rotenda's name if he had given it to her.

"Well, more hands are always welcome. I am Beth."

After introductions were done, they would begin the process of unloading the remaining goods in Helena's cart. Beth would chatter with Helena as they worked, mentioning some things that Rotenda may find of interest.

"So I heard that Julia, you know the lovely old lady who comes in, she lost her mareep recently - and another thing, I swear that I've seen the Edwards' boy more and more. I don't know what's up with that young man."

Helping with the goods was not terrible work, and they were typically quite light; altogether, a very easy job. It looked as if Helena's generous spirit was true, unless she had plans for a trap later.

When all the goods were unloaded, Helena would turn to Rotenda. "Thank you for helping me out. Please take this gold as a reward." She would hand him a little sack of money, clinking as it was transferred. "Would you like to come with me and meet my patron?"

+47g (rolled between 40 and 80)

--------------------
| PM |
^
Rotenda
 Posted: May 26 2017, 06:49 AM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2349
Joined on 25-April 17.

Characters:
N/A

:egg count 3:
Rotenda had given his name when asked, after a few moments of thought to decide if he should. He figured he could always change it if he needed to, his name having little hold over his chosen life style. He didn't ask too many questions; this task seemed like easy work; and he wasn't about to ruin it's payday by asking questions.

As they moved through the town, Rotenda felt a bit self conscious. He was out in the open, something he was definitely unused to. Luckily, he learned, most people don't pay much attention to a travelling cart either. He contributed that to being so near the lumber mills.

Whilst travelling the Patrat would be playing with Kara provided she was willing, otherwise he would have crawled into the backpack and laid atop the egg and napped. Rotenda stared at the church, such a large building compared to his wrecked hovel. Surely whom ever resided there was much better off than him. It was no wonder they could afford to hire help for such simple work.

Rotenda had been worried that his meager strength would make it difficult for him to life the crates, but they weren't so heavy after all. He scurried back and forth with crates while keeping his ear turned towards the woman. He noted the exchange between the Mareep and Edward's boy, information may be useful later.

At one point while in the church, with the two women outside, he would have returned to his shoulder when the work began; "This still feels a bit odd, but if these old ladies want to part with their money so easily for such little work, I think we should do it. Just keep an eye out for us, and if anything seems odd start chittering like a crazy person to warn me, would you?"

Chip looked up at Rotenda and began waving his tail swiftly. I heard him read off we signal with our tails, far less noisy and noticeable. Wonder if he'll get the hint. I hope he does, I want more of those tasty treats!

Rotenda was confused for a few moments, until he remembered "Oh yeah, the tail! Right, good job Chip. I'll give you a nut later, looks like we have company again.." Rotenda clammed up as the two women entered with a crate, and he returned to the cart to grab the last one. As he brought it in, and listened to the ladies question, he responded "Sure. I suppose I could do that. If you think they have something for me to do that could get me paid." He nudged Chip and they exchanged a quick glance together and a smile.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
W
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 08:40 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 264
Member No. 2309
Joined on 28-December 16.

Characters:
Aneirin "Nirin/Nye" Vaughan, ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

{ .5 exp.! }
Helena gave Rotenda a friendly smile as he agreed to accompany her to her patron. She had a few other things she needed to do before she left for her travels through the forest, but she figured she could compensate her new companion with a bit of food on their walk. Kara seemed equally, if not more than that, thrilled that her new friends would be joining them. She spun around a little before she scurried off ahead and Helena led the way after.

Once outside, she gave Beth a goodbye, and stepped up to the cart. She’d leave it here and the Tauros, but the meat would come with them. She gave her new companion a smile, “Do you think you’d be able to carry this for me? It doesn’t seem like it’s all too heavy. If you think it might be too heavy, do not worry about it. I’ll still enjoy your company as we walk.” She left the packaged meat on the cart. It was up to Rotenda. Regardless, the Balican priestess pulled out another Pokeball and released an Altaria. The blue and white Pokemon that resembled a cloud drifted lazily but attentively in front of her owner.

It was a clear show to Rotenda that if he thought the meat was too heavy, she had other means of carrying it. Helena was openly letting the young man know his decisions were valid, and that she wasn’t going to be angry. In fact, she let a smile cross her face as the decisions were made. After another minute, Helena finally spoke, “I do think we should start our journey. It is a few days walk, so I hope you’re okay with the journey. My patron is a bit… different. He doesn’t like many, but if you can be patient with him, it’s definitely worth the walk,” Helena added thoughtfully once they started. Kara bounced ahead happily, and the Altaria floated along the opposite side of Helena that Rotenda wasn’t on.

They passed by several storefronts and Helena’s eyes traveled over one particular one – it was partially a grocer’s store, and partially a quick restaurant that sold sort of foods similar to sandwiches and snacks for travelers. She studied it for a while before looking over at her new companion, “I vote that we should stop and grab a few days’ worth of food for our journey. Plus, I know for a fact that this store has Kara’s favorite. Perhaps we can find something for your friend?” Helena quipped, talking about the Patrat. It was clear that the Bellossom was definitely finding Chip most interesting.

Would Rotenda decide to get some food to go, or just start their journey? Helena would leave it up to him to decide. While she waited, Kara was busy, once again, dancing in the light of the sunshine, and constantly beckoned Chip to join her again.

--------------------
Aneirin "Nirin/Nye" Vaughan
profile | travels | dev | training

ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

pcr | goals | team | tracker
| PM |
^
Rotenda
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 11:10 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2349
Joined on 25-April 17.

Characters:
N/A

:egg count 4:

Manual labor was not something Rotenda generally preferred to do. He had done the first job the woman requested, and she HAD paid him however. As Rotenda mused over the idea, the new pokemon appeared. It may have been meant to simply show he wasn't required, but Rotenda saw it is a challenge, and quickly grabbed the box. It wasn't terribly heavy, but he knew it would only get heavier the further they traveled.

As he hefted the box and begun to follow the priestess, her words hit him like a sack of bricks. DAYS! I didn't know it was going to be that long. We won't be in familiar area; completely vulnerable. Still, it's an awfully long way to just trap me. After a moment of rapid self contemplation Rotenda responded with a simple nod towards the priestess.

Chip wasn't paying attention to either of the humans. He was dancing about with the grass pokemon until the flying type appeared. Then he quickly scurried back to Rotenda, ran up his pant leg and into his satchel with the egg. This pokemon was big, and could fly, and that scared him.

As they passed the stores and the priestess made her suggestion, Rotenda again looked on with a bit of suspicion. His selfish nature and cautious nature fighting each other again. If she was offering him free food, why would he turn it down? Unless she wasn't offering to pay for it, which meant he would have to use some of the money he just acquired. After a few moments he replied, "Food sounds like a great idea, if you are paying. If not, I still have a few days of dried meat and nuts I can get by on."

As Rotenda made his statement he eyeballed the priestess, almost challenging her to accept paying for his food. He figured either way, it would make it seem like he didn't need her, nor obligate him in any way. Regardless of her answer, he would do his best to make the response seem like it was the one he expected.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
W
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 08:19 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Member No. 2309

Characters:

{.5 exp!}

As the Patrat disappeared up its handler’s legs, Kara’s face saddened. Her eyes went to her companion and huffed at, but once again tried to lure out her new friend. She danced in the sunshine, deciding to be blissfully unaware of anything that was happening. In response to her upbeat personality, Helena gave her Bellossom a smile before she turned her attention back to Rotenda.

"I have no issues in securing our food for the next few days," Helena informed gently, the smile still on her face. Despite what Rotenda was feeling, Helena didn’t have any bad ideas or any ill will towards the young man. She looked between Rotenda and her own before she looked at the box that Rotenda was holding, "We can put that on the ground by the door while we go in and get some supplies." She gave a nod of her head and with her in tow; she held the door open for Rotenda to go in once the packaged meat was down.

The store was cosy and cute, although it was a little small. It barely fit both Rotenda and Helena inside, although Helena somehow made it work. This store also knew Helena, so when she started to order things, they bounced right to work. “I am thinking that your Patrat might like what Kara enjoys, which is their specialty mix. Would you like some of that? Feel free to order a few things that you want,” Helena said softly, a smile still on her face. Helena never really had a problem with supporting others.

Once Helena was done purchasing all the items, she used her Altaria to help carry the packages, even if they were light. She hummed quietly to herself as she looked upon Rotenda, “Are you ready to begin now?” she asked, amused at the situation, but not in a bad way, “Is there anything else you’d like to do in town before we headed off?”

If Rotenda wanted to, he could attempt to socialize with some of the various around town. Helena would, if that was the case, take everything and meet him by the edge of the town before they would go on their way. The following could be seen from the store front:

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/415combee.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif - buzzing at the top of a nearby store, looking for something
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/441chatot.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif - sitting on a sign and chattering away to herself
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/167spinarak.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif - scurrying through the shadows here and there

There was, of course, always the option that Rotenda just wanted to get going. If that was the case, all he had to do was tell Helena, and they’d proceed on their way to go visit Helena’s mysterious Patron.

--------------------

ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

| PM |
^
Rotenda
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 02:06 AM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2349
Joined on 25-April 17.

Characters:
N/A

egg count 5

"Excellent," remarked Rotenda as the woman offered to pay for the food. He figured she might, and had hoped to lean her in theat direction. He had no idea of knowing if his response is what made her do it, or if she would have either way, but he felt a modicum of success nonetheless. Putting down the box, Rotenda stretched his shoulders a bit. It wasn't heavy, butthe weight has a way to grow the longer it is held.

Entering the store Rotenda's eyes went wide. He had never actually gone i nany of these before, not having the money to spend. Most show keepers wouldn't even allow him. It made him a bit suspicious again, that the shop keeper didn't seem to address him, and paid mind only to the woman.

Upon her suggestion of ordering a special mix for Chip, Rotenda did just that. "The priestess here has offered to buy us some Patrat mix, a few days worth, if you could add that to her order please?" He didn't wait for a verbal response from the vendor before continuing to look around the small shop. There was nothing worth stealing at the moment, nothing worth risking his job over, so he exited when the priestess did, content he had not missed an opportunity within.

As the woman asked Rotenda if he wanted to head out he was about to concur when his eyes caught the spinarak scuttling within the darkness. He pointed to the spinarak and told the woman, "I will meet up with you shortly. I want to catch that first." On hearing the word catch, Chip poked his head up, wondering what it was that caught his human's attention. Following Rotenda's finger point he noticed the spinarak hiding within the shadows.

As the woman walked away Rotenda put Chip back onto the ground. "Okay little buddy this is the plan. Wait until the spinarak stops moving in the shadows. Then get as close as you can, and use substitute to draw fire, then use Double team incase it manages an attack on you instead of your substitute. Then hide yourself nearby and hit it with a hidden power attack. The type advantage should help it land pretty hard. Then get ready to defend yourself."

Chip waggled his tail up and down, to acknowledge the directions. Then he bounded towards the shadows where the spinarak was hiding. As he neared, he slowed to a stop before he thought he was close enough to threaten the spinarak. He focused his energy hard, as an image of himself appeared next to him. As he moved, it moved. He willed it to stay in place and used it to hide himself from view. He needed the image to draw the spiders attention once he attacked, so this was a good spot to hide for now.

Next, Chip summoned a burst of energy within himself to increase his speed, this would allow him to move so fast his enemy may have a difficult time striking him should it attack. Another image of himself popped out to the side, between the two moves it almost appeared as if there were three Chips to fight. Not wanting to waste time as these moves used quite a bit of energy, Chip unleashed a burst of power at the spinarak, his hidden power attack, and prepared himself for a counter attack in case the substitute did not fool the arachnid.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 12:06 AM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2321
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1

.6!

The priestess nodded, and looked pleased at the boy's interest in the wild pokemon -- to her, partnering with pokemon was a part of being in balance, particularly if a person lived in cities, and Rotenda was at a good age to learn. She stepped back to watch and chat with the grocer about this and that, small talk about weather and business and recipes for trail snacks that was worth nothing to Rotenda's ears.

The spinarak, on the other hand, ignored the patrat's substitute and doubleteam both, darting to and fro in clear search of food or perhaps laying a trail or trap to hunt along once night fell -- the silk caught the light here or there, thin and light and close enough to the wall that human traffic would be unlikely to make it quiver to let the spider know to come running. The hidden power, though, that was another story. The spider pokemon chittered and hissed at the impact, raising up his abdomen in shock and anger and turning to face his new foe. A glob of purple-and-green toxins erupted from its mouth, drenching the substitute that protected Chip until it melted away into the street dirt.

Then, it shook its abdomen at the patrat, sending a swarm of tiny, yellow-green motes towards the chipmunk pokemon. They latched, burrowing into his fur and would administer a series of sharp, nerve-killing bites if he tried to flee and chew into him each turn. Infestation, the pokecard would tell Rotenda if he didn't already know the move. He was stuck in the fight, win or lose, and no doubt the spider would try to make a meal out of him if he lost; such was he nature of the pokemon.

Foot traffic parted around them like water around a stone -- the people were clearly used to kids battling wild mons in the street, and no one raised any fuss and likely would not so long as Rotenda and Chip didn't damage any buildings, stalls, or property around them. It was a good thing the patrat was neither a fire nor a ground type.

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/167spinarak.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 08
~73% health
- Hit by Hidden Power, Flying
- Sludge Bomb on substitute
- Infestation on Chip

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/504.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 06
Chip
~65% health
- 2x illusory copies
- Trapped in battle by infestation

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
Rotenda
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 02:38 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2349
Joined on 25-April 17.

Characters:
N/A

Egg count 6
Rotenda winced as the spinarak reacted. His plan hadn't gone quite according to plan. By which it appears that the patrat came out a bit worse for wear despite it's defensive preparations. He needed an even better strategy. He thought back to the poke`card description of patrat and remembered a few things that if used correctly could give him a major edge, or so he hoped.

"Okay Chip, hang tough and listen up, this is going to get a bit complicated. First, you need to hit it with a swagger, to confuse it, then we are going to continue being protective. If his confusion doesn't stop him from making an attack, use protect to block his first attack that would harm you. Then wait for him to finish his attack pattern and counter with an iron tail. It should do extra damage that way and maybe even lower his defenses for us. Hopefully he will be confused as well, and even hit himself."

That was a LOT of information for Chip to retain, but he thought he had it down. He was a very clever Patrat after all. As Rotenda finished his instructions, but before the spinarak could begin attacking again, Chip ran back towards it. He ran a bit wobbly from side to side as if he was wounded or too scared to approach the spinarak completely.

Chip would have no idea how effective his swagger attack was until his foe attempted to react, but he was hoping it was good. His fur and skin burned as the motes dug into him, making every step a painful reminder of it. Chip paused for a moment trying to look vulnerable, while he secretly charged the protect attack to fire off based on the spinarak's reactions.

Even as Chip began to initiate the tasks given to him, Rotenda reached into his bag, careful not to disturb the egg within, and pulled out the poke`card for studying. He looked up spinaraks and patrats, switching back and forth looking for anything that may help give him the edge, even as he watched the battle. The look on that spinarak's face showed what it intensions were should Chip lose, and Rotenda wasn't going to allow that!

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
W
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 10:27 AM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Member No. 2309

Characters:

{.6 exp! Don't forget to keep track of egg counts!}

In terms of how things were going, the Spinarak was already getting rathered annoyed at the other Pokemon. All the Spinarak wanted was to lay down his webs and wait for a tasty meal to come. The Patrat seemed like it could be equally delicious; a good meal or three, if he thought. The little red pincers clicked in annoyance at the Patrat. Who did this little owned Pokemon think they were, trying to disturb him as he tried to get food?

What was equally annoying to the Spinarak was the fact that no matter what he did, there always seemed to be multiple of these little Pokemon. His beady eyes watched as the group of Patrats moved in almost unison, heading towards him. The little bug scurried a little, but didn’t think twice; how strange. This was too strange. He didn’t like it.

The little bug squinted as best he could between the three Patrats and decided to do something anyways. He bundled all his energy up and then balls of green shot out towards one of the illusionary copies of the Patrat, and simply slid through the copy. Despite hitting the copy, Chip’s protect would’ve still gone off, considering the closeness of the attack. The Spinarak made an annoyed sound and scurried a little – not enough to get out of the battle, but enough to show his annoyance with the boy and his Pokemon.

The Spinarak scurried a little as Patrat moved quick, coming at him with the ordered iron tail. A swoosh of steeled tail came crashing down on the Spinarak and the bug made a terrifying sound; either out of annoyance, pain or irritation, one wouldn’t know. He scurried a little away from the Patrak and pulled up its backside, aiming for Chip. Once he was sure he was lined up, he sent out a line of silky webs to try and wrap the opponent up in a constrict attack.

Of course, being confused, the Spinarak’s aim was quite a bit off. While he did manage to hit Chip, it was only the tail and left forearm, but nothing else. Chip got off pretty easy, and would be able to still move freely from it, and not lose any speed against the opponent. The Spinarak, at this point, was definitely looking a little worse for wear, although it was determined to not give up. Perhaps Rotenda would want to try and catch it, or even just finish the battle and knock out the little spider Pokemon. Even so, the Spinarak wasn’t going to let Chip just walk away from the battle without giving a fight.

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/167spinarak.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 08

~35% health
{ + 2 atk }
- confused by Swagger
- hit by Iron Tail
-- rolled 1-100, 1-30 lowered def; rolled 69
- used Constrict

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/504.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 06

Chip
~60% health
- 1x illusionary copy left
- Protected used
- Used Iron Tail
- hit by Constrict
-- rolled 1-100, 1-22 lowered Spd; rolled 94

--------------------

ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

| PM |
^
Rotenda
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 09:30 AM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2349
Joined on 25-April 17.

Characters:
N/A

Egg Count 7
"Looking good buddy keep it up! Let's use another doubleteam for defense, just ncase what I have planned doesn't work. After that you need to use hidden power again and blast the little spider with that. Next, you will hold your ground and do nothing, as I try to throw this pokeball at it!" As Rotenda spoke, he once again began to rummage around in his bag. The egg was kind of in the way so he seemed to be having a hard time finding what he was looking for...

Chip did not wait for him to find what he was looking for. He had been given instructions and he wanted to go relax, so it was best to get this over with. He focused his energies to try and create several more images of himself to keep the spinarak guessing which to hit. Hopefully it would still be confused and as such not be able to attack anyway, but his human was right, better to be safe.

Next Chip took several steps forward and glared focusing his energy again, but this time projecting it outwards at the bug type pokemon. As the burst of energy flew towards his foe he took a small tentative step back trying to be ready and aware of any future incoming attacks.

As the patrat finished it's ordered sequence, Rotenda muttered "Ahha!" Pulling out a pokeball from his bag, he narrowed his eyes and took a bead on the spinarak. Taking a moment to aim he threw the ball with all the strength he dared while making sure he was on target. As the ball flew towards the small bug pokemon he crossed his fingers and hoped. Chip would always be his first pokemon, but he had to steal Chip. THIS would be his first actually captured one if he was successful.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
W
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 08:49 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Member No. 2309

Characters:

{ .6 exp }
As soon as the new rogue gave out the orders to his Patrat, the Spinarak had no clue. The attacks hit square on – maybe not enough to put the little spider out completely, but enough that the Spinarak’s determination seemed to falter. It was hungry, yes, and it was head strong enough to not want to give up so easily, but as soon as the Patrat’s hidden power hit him, he tried to scurry away. He didn’t think it was that much of a chore to get food; he’d come back later. Even as he started to get away, Rotenda found his Pokeball and threw. The button of it hit the back of the little spider, and in a flash of red, the Pokemon was sucked in. Inside, the Spinarak tried to get out, but after all the battling, after all the fighting he attempted, it was no use. Despite the last of the fight, the ball sealed, and Rotenda had caught his first Pokemon.

Meanwhile, the priestess had been talking to the shop keep, but was quietly watching her new companion as he moved about to battle the Pokemon. If anything, Helena was mildly impressed with the strategy, and would offer tips in the future, should Rotenda ask. She let him rejoice in his new Pokemon and the warmth of a successful first catch for a few minutes before she excused herself from the shop keep, and her Pokemon picked up the meat from before. Her Bellosoom, Kara, danced her way over to her new friend and gave a happy sound in congratulations to a battle well fought, and to the new addition to his team.

Helena smiled as she closed the gap between herself and Rotenda, “Congratulations on your catch,” she said as she dug through her bag, “Here, I’m sure my patron won’t mind if I let you use some of this. It’s the special salve I was selling earlier. It heals most wounds, and I’m sure your friend here will feel so much better with some of it on his skin,” Helena pointed out. The jar was tiny – enough for maybe one use on Chip. It wouldn’t start working right away, but it definitely would make the little motes that were left from Infestation feel a lot less terrible. It was worth it for Rotenda to agree to use it.

Once she handed him the jar, Helena looked up and towards the sky, as if reading it for the time, “Now that we have that done, how about we get going on our trip?” she asked. She gave a smile and started towards the edge of town, taking her time so that Rotenda could catch up, should he want to put the salve on Chip. Of course, Helena would wait for him at the edge of town, a good distance away but still within the line of sight, should Rotenda want to meet his newly acquired Pokemon.

Either way, these was a good time for Rotenda to meet his new Spinarak, heal up Chip with the salve previously given, and then meet up with Helena. Once he arrived at Helena and her Pokemon, the priestess would start their journey into the woods with some gentle conversation, mostly asking, “How did you enjoy your battle? Was it the first one you’ve done?”, and then proceed to ask, regardless of how Rotenda answered, “How do you think you did? Anything you would change?”

To Helena, it was all about the conversation.

{ Congratulations! You've caught your first Pokemon! +3 EXP to Rotenda, +9 exp to Chip. This brings Chip to level 08, 1/4 exp. This also brings Rotenda from level 01, 3.8 to level 02, 1.8. Because of the character level up, Chip gains +2 more points, ending at level 10, 1/4. Chip gains +1 Happiness, and learns Bide! Don’t forget to add +3 egg counts to your next post! Your Spinarak has been added to your profile: }

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/167spinarak.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Spinarak

Lv. 08 Exp: 0/4
Friendliness: {||||||||||}
Original Handler: Rotenda ( Rotenda )
Held Item: ---
Health & Condition: Fine
Abilities:
Swarm: When HP is below 1/3rd its maximum, power of Bug-type moves is increased by 50%.
Insomnia: The Pokémon cannot be put to Sleep while having this ability.
Moves: [ primary / secondary ]
Poison Sing, String Shot, Constrict, Absorb, Infestation, Psybeam [egg], Megahorn [egg], Toxic, Venoshock, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab
Notes:
Caught in Dedrius at Level 08
Independent and Stubborn

--------------------

ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Dedrius | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (2) 1 2  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.