Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Jezenya diHadi's Travels
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 12 2013, 10:34 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2275
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1

[you know the drill!]

Faced with the intimidating but familiar expanse of rolling sands, Jez drew a breath; hot, dry, and sandy was her home. She was prepared to cross the desert, but water was not the only concern out on the route. As such, her first order of business once he had departed was to find out what or who she had been given. It was survival sense, really. It was entirely possible that she would have to rely on it to reach greener lands. Perhaps it was a water type.

And perhaps not. The firey fox blinked up at her before yawning and stretching in the blazing sun, clearly at home. Introductions would have but a minute before they would be disrupted, however, as a thin, warbling wail distinguished itself from the wind, followed by a rumbling noise that sounded an awful lot like a pokemon cry. The vulpix reacted first, turning to point to a rock formation several yards out onto the route. Part of the formation seemed to be... moving. The vulpix approached fearlessly, identifying the moving portion of the rocks as a gigalith, wild by the looks of it's body, polished smooth by sandstorms untold.

Beneath the gigalith lay a very human infant. The rock type was impossible to read. Was it threatening? Was it protecting? All that could be said for sure was that the large stone pokemon's footprints led out of the belly of the desert and were alone. Only the human tracks of the route came close to the infant from the other side of the pile, but those were as one and made it impossible to pick out the set that had left the child.

The baby was hidden well, camouflaged and wrapped into a crevice, but whoever had left it hadn't left it so long ago, for it still cried lustily, although its lips, she would see if she approached, were dry and cracked and its face flushed with sunburn. What was more was that the child was fair skinned, not the dark browns or rich olives of the majority of the desert people. It did not improve the infant's chances for survival. What in the world was the babe doing there, and what should be done? No doubt the vullaby would be waiting for the same answer.

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
Slondermins
 Posted: Jul 21 2013, 08:40 PM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Moderators
Total Posts: 527
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:
Jezenya diHadi | Seze Cal

Awards: 2

(OH NO WHAT'S THE DRILL)

Jez wasn't particularly worried about her journey into greener pastures. She'd packed knowing full well that she'd have to battle the heat of the desert, as well as cope with the lack of water to be found. Still she grimaced against the sun and paused to rifle through her bag, pulling out the crimson cowl that was among her favorite articles of clothing and draping it securely over her top half. It would shield her head and shoulders from the light. Just because she was dark-skinned didn't mean she was immune to wrinkles.

Now to see the gift Jacob had given her. She pondered the pokeball before popping it open, hoping he hadn't given her an Eevee (even if hers was content to stay at home and become a ball with legs, it didn't mean that Jez was comfortable replacing her with another). When her new companion revealed itself to be a Vulpix- and a rather gorgeous one at that- Jez resisted the urge to squeal like a teenage girl meeting a prince. This pokemon was perfect. Vulpix were intelligent, beautiful, graceful, and ferocious all at once. It was like Jacob had given Jez herself in pokemon form. Her affection for the man grew.

"What a beauty you are." The woman purred, stooping down to run gentle fingers across the fox's fur. "I think I'll name you Sekhmet." It was a fitting name; exotic, with the hint of power behind its utterance. It would do well.

Jez might have launched into a whole conversation of compliments had a cry not suddenly reached her ears, roused presumably by the noise she was making. Sekhmet turned to point at the source (which pleased her handler greatly; either the fire-type was already trained or she was an incredibly quick study) and Jez rose to her feet, turning and squinting. When a portion of a rock formation a few yards away shifted, the woman thought that they'd simply woken a pokemon from slumber and now it was voicing its displeasure. But a second more of the cries banished this idea from her mind, although the rocks were most definitely a pokemon. The trainer had heard enough babies in her lifetime to know the sound of one, and a mixed swirl of confusion and alarm rushed through her body. Why was there a baby out here? Was its mother nearby, dead or near-so? Had it been abandoned? If so why, when the city was right here?

Jez stepped forward very carefully, her eyes on the pokemon that, as she got closer, revealed itself to be a Gigalith. That was a problem. Not only would Sekhmet be next to useless against it, the fact that it was evolved meant that it was undoubtedly a great deal more powerful anyway. Jez's only hope lay with the probability that the rock spider was, for some reason, guarding the babe. It would be easier to convince it that she meant to help than it would be if the other pokemon just wanted an easy lunch. For all of her knowledge on pokemon behavior, as of now Jez had to admit that she had no idea what a Gigalith ate.

"Sekhmet," she breathed, doing her best to make her body language non-threatening, "If the Gigalith makes a move to stop me or hurt the baby, you need to distract it. Hopefully you know Hypnosis." Most Vulpix she had come across did, but it would be just her luck if Sekhmet didn't. She was at least pretty confident that her new partner understood what she was saying.

She was close enough to actually see the baby now, and she couldn't help a wince. It was a white baby from appearance, and it had already been out here long enough to get burned and chapped. Jez didn't need to wonder why it hadn't been crying constantly since she'd left the city; it was no doubt sapped from the heat, which meant that it was dying.

"Hey there, big fella." Jez said slowly, still posturing in a non-threatening way. "I don't know if the baby's yours, or if you understand a thing I'm saying right now, but that baby needs to see someone who'll help it. So, uh, you mind?"

She crouched and reached towards the child, expressing her desire to pick the baby up and keeping her eyes on the Pokemon before her. She dearly hoped that Sekhmet was willing to obey a handler she'd just met, because if not then Jez might well be screwed.

-----------------

Egg Post | 1

--------------------

Goals user posted image PCR user posted image Thread Tracker

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Jul 27 2013, 09:57 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Small Mods
Total Posts: 839
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Awards: 3

[0.7 experience for Jez and a conflict of interests for me! http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png]

The Gigalith stayed perfectly still as Jez approached, as though he didn't notice the human and her Vulpix. It was only his bright red eyes that betrayed him, flickering from Jez to Sehkmet and never once looking down at the baby wrapped below him. When Jez spoke to him, he leaned forward, his spines flashing like fire in the sun. After studying her face for a moment, he shifted one of his legs so that there was gap wide enough for the baby to be moved through. He would allow her to take the baby silently. After that, he would turn so that he could see the baby clearly. Once he was satisfied Jez did not intend to harm the child, he would start walking away. No words would make him change his direction, although he would not fight Jez or her Vulpix if they decided to follow him.

The baby was wrapped in nothing more than one thin, slightly off white blanket. It barely fit around the child and had been tied in a knot at the shoulder. If Jez cared to check, she would find the baby was female. She would whimper at the brush of anything over her sunburnt face and if she saw Jez's eyes, she made make a ragged sobbing sound that might have been cries if her throat wasn't so dry. One way or another, her hand would fall out of her blanket, revealing a angry red scar. It was clear it had been done deliberately, as the lines formed the shape of a Charizard in flight.

But Jez wouldn't have time to dwell on that for long, because something in the crevice that she had picked the baby out of peeped. Then what looked like a dirty rock shifted and bounced out of the crevice, blinking black eyes up at Jez. When she moved, the dirt shifted, making it clear that the pokemon was in fact a Natu, if a rather dirty one.

"Nat?" she asked, jumping into one of the Gigalith's footprints.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Slondermins
 Posted: Aug 4 2013, 12:19 AM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Moderators
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:

Curious. While it wasn't entirely easy to read the body language of a giant spider made of rock and crystal, she still got the feeling that it wasn't aggressive- at least it wasn't trying to eat or claim the baby for its own, though Jez kept her eyes on it as she reached for the child. When the Pokemon began to amble away the woman bit back a slew of questions. She couldn't help but feel that the Gigalith was somehow responsible for this baby, whether by bringing it here in the first place or simply by possessing potential knowledge as to why it had been abandoned. And it is honestly a mystery I have no interest in pursuing. Jez thought with a sigh. Interesting to discover yes- kindling the desire to make it a lifelong quest no. Still, even if she did try to ask, what was the Gigalith going to do? Talk back to her?

The baby's attempt at crying near broke her heart, though. She wasn't particularly fond of children- she didn't dislike them, she just didn't cherish them any more than any other human being. And yet here she was, standing outside of the city while a little orphaned white baby plucked at her heartstrings. Her eyes followed the child's arm as it flopped free, and the sight of the scar made her frown. No, Jez, this isn't your mystery nor your business.

Jacob wouldn't have gone much further into the city. She should be able to catch up to him pretty easily.

"Hold onto your diaper, although I don't think you're wearing one." She advised, raising her eyes to search out her Vulpix. They brushed by the Natu briefly, but the bird was unimportant considering she had a dying baby in her arms. "Come on, Sekhmet, we've got a delivery to make."

With that the woman turned on the spot, utilizing her dancer's grace, and took off back into the city at the fastest run she could muster without upsetting her rescued charge more. "JACOB! JACOB ZANTORIAN I HAVE YOUR BABY! I MEAN A BABY FOR YOU!"

At that volume it was unlikely that he wouldn't hear her. It was also probably unlikely that half of the city wouldn't also hear her.

-------

Egg Post 2

--------------------

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Aug 6 2013, 09:39 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Total Posts: 715
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:
Lauren Kilfelter, Josie Walter, Matthew Newgrange

Awards: None

[.6 for you, madame.]

---

As Jezenya shot through the gates and into Navdia Crater proper, people's eyes followed her. Whispers started up, some disgruntled and others amused, then worried; a one-armed man in his early forties seated on a bench with his kadabra chuckled at her as she ran past, but if she looked in his direction all she received was a wave as well as a raised eyebrow at the bundle in her arms. The baby cried out when she was jostled, her voice parched and small, too small, ands she freed the uninjured arm to grab at her clothes, her hair, whatever her pudgy little fingers could latch onto, and tug. It was a request for comfort even though the stranger who carried her around was so loud.

To her luck, she did not have to run far before finding the Balican Priest. He had stopped by a wagon full of woven baskets to have a brief chat with what seemed like a merchant, fat and stout with a magnificent set of black mustache, and as she screamed his name he turned his eyes to her. They were wide as saucers; he turned to greet her. So did the man he was talking to.

"You have a--" Jacob shut up. His mouth moved a bit as though he was not quite sure what to say at her proclamation, but he did lean over to take a look at the baby. He frowned immediately, holding his hands out for her. "Where did you find it?" the Priest said upon receiving her. He pulled the blanket aside to check, then saw the inflamed arm. His face darkened and Jacob cursed. One word, full of venom behind it. He turned away and began to make his way deeper into the city. "Come with me, Jezenya. He needs healing."

The man he had been talking to reached out to grab his arm, his voice rough like sand but calm. "Do not be foolish, Jacob. 'Tis a way to the nearest healer. Come on to my wagon; I will take you there." He gestured with his head towards the wagon in question. It was filled with the baskets, but the pudgy man turned and did some shifting around, and soon there was just enough space for the man and the young lady to squeeze in. Here he turned to Jez, tilting his head. "You are of course invited, madame. Please, make haste."

Jacob wasn't dumb enough to protest. He settled onto the wagon, beckoning with his fingers for Jez to follow his lead. The tauroses pulling the cart grunted; one in particular bucked nervously. The basket merchant grunted in displeasure at it and fumbled to produce a pokeball from his robes. With a flash of red the thing was returned, and in another flash of white another tauros was summoned. He climbed off, somehow managed to get the thing secured in under a minute, hopped back on, and snapped the reins. "Yah!" he shouted, and they thundered down the road.

It really was much faster traveling this way. The baby stopped crying after a few minutes, hiccuping instead. Jacob shushed him gently and used his broad blacksmith's hand to shield the sun from his face. He then looked to Jez, his eyes grave. "You have ten words. Tell me what happened."

And ten words she would be allowed--none more than that, because at that time the still-nameless merchant suddenly yanked his wagon into a stop so sudden that they skidded almost a full ninety degree on the road. People screamed at them...or rather, at them and something else.

There--in the middle of the road that would have led to a small marketplace that specialized in all things pastry-related, was a mess. It was a charred mess, to be exact, but it fortunately did not bear any resemblance to a human or pokemon body. The more important thing was the...ah, pair of things that towered over them, snarling at anyone who approached. The guardians were yet to be seen--which left the roadblock to Jezenya and Jacob to deal with.

The Priest clicked his tongue in annoyance. He shifted the baby in his arms, then said, "Suhan."

"Sound plan," the merchant agreed, hurriedly getting off his seat, returning his two mules as he went. Jacob climbed out as well, carefully handing the baby off to him and then released his hitmonchan. Then he turned to Jez and Sekhmet, his eyes serious. "We must take them down or at least contain them until the Guardians show up." A grin. "Though I'd prefer we hand them our success when they actually bother to drag their arses here. You take the small ones if you can, and I take the big boss, yes?"

Hitmonchan didn't need a straight on order from his handler. As soon as he was released, he had sized the opponent up--and then launched himself straight at the "big boss," a hulking figure of the magmortar even as it spewed flames around the feet of the nearest bystanders who screamed and flinched away, helped by his two "underlings." A quick thwack to the chin from the fighting-type made the fire-type stumble back, but he got up just as quickly and, with an angry squawk, spat a fireball at him. It missed. Hitmonchan shot forward again, but the magmortar stopped him by firing such fierce hit at his feet that it charred and seared at the dirt, forcing him to jump back.

That left the two other, smaller fire-types to turned their attention to the intruding humans. A magby, and a darumaka.

---

There Be Some Property-Wrecking Mongrels, Yo!

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/467magmortar.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 43
-Firing at the feet of other people on the street
-Probably wild; looking like he's enjoying terrorizing them.
-Grappling with Jacob's hitmonchan
-Fine

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/240magby.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 07
-One of the helpers; preparing to attack

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/554.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 10
-One of the helpers; preparing to attack

Allies

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/107hitmonchan.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 44
-Grappling with the magmortar, keeping it busy
-Mostly fine, a bit singed

(And his handler, Jacob Zany-man...er, Jacob Zantorian. Did I spell that right?)

---

You and Jacob are currently positioned in front of the cart. The merchant has taken the baby and made his way around it. You plus said cart are standing between him and the fire-types.

The troubled tauros mentioned earlier is your traded. Due to flow of writing and circumstances, he will hand you it as a reward after you are done fighting.

--------------------
Logan Quengrace (Guardian)

Matthew Newgrange (Handler)

Serena Chalice (Handler)

Character Sprites Created by Mackay and Khaleesi!
~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Slondermins
 Posted: Aug 21 2013, 11:47 PM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Moderators
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:

"It's okay, baby-thing." Jez cooed, trying not to wince as she felt the child's grubby little hands yanking at her beautiful curls. "It'll all be okay soon. We'll get you to your new daddy in a few minutes." She considered referencing Jacob as the baby's new father in the man's presence, but decided not to press her luck. She wasn't sure how much the priest knew about her feelings, and Jez really didn't want to give away more than she needed to. She felt like she was permanently two words away from being a blushing schoolgirl.

Thankfully the man in question had not gone far, and the woman slowed to a trot, and finally a full stop, as she approached. "She was just outside, near a group of rocks. And guarded by a Gigalith, strangely enough. I don't know how no one leaving or entering the city didn't spot her, she was right there and she's clearly been there for a bit-" Jez explained in a rush, handing the infant over to Jacob obediently. She might have continued her babble of an explanation if the priest hadn't cursed with such vehemence that her mind ground to a halt. Words died on her tongue and, for one of the few times in the young woman's life, she had trouble thinking of what to say next.

She still felt numbed silent as the merchant offered her a place in his cart, and her mind began to whirl. She'd had an inkling that the cuts on the baby's arm meant something, but apparently they weren't just some random amalgamation of someone's favorite pokemon. They did mean something, and judging by Jacob's reaction upon seeing them, they didn't mean anything good. She contemplated this with an almost distant thoughtfulness, absent-mindedly keeping a hold of the cart's sides as it thundered through traffic. She was vaguely aware of Sekhmet curling around her ankles to keep from tumbling around the bottom of the cart herself.

"You have ten words. Tell me what happened."

This jolted her back into reality. Really, only ten words? That made things challenging. "I heard crying, went to it, and found a baby." Jez blurted, blinking with open bewilderment. Before the woman could say more, though, the cart suddenly jerked and spun, drawing a startled gasp from Jez and a silent prayer of thanks that she had a good sense of balance. People were screaming and shouting, and as she turned her head to see what was causing the commotion she cursed quietly. She wanted to leave Navdia, not be drawn back into its drama. Not that she didn't enjoy the drama, but she had a whole wide world to introduce herself to and she could only do it if she left the gates.

Jez nodded in response to Jacob's instruction, giving her new Vulpix a Look and hopping out of the cart. She was pleased to find that Sekhmet had no major qualms with obeying her- thank the gods- and with an audible sigh the woman strode closer to the battle. It was strange, a bit, that such a powerful Pokemon could find its way into the city to start wrecking havoc. Even as she motioned for Sekhmet to face off against the other Fire-types Jez swept her eyes across the crowd, looking for anyone that might be out of place. There was just no way someone hadn't released this Pokemon on purpose. Magmortar weren't exactly sneaky creatures.

"Alright, my dear Sekhmet, let's see if you're as powerful as you are beautiful." Jez cooed, hoping the challenge would well up the Vulpix's pride. "You should know Hypnosis, I think, so try to get both of them to sleep. If you can only do one, make it the Darumaka."

----------

Egg Post 3

--------------------

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Sep 2 2013, 02:02 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.6 for you. My apologies for the delay!]

Jez's attempt at appealing seemed to work. The well-groomed vulpix tossed her head at the words, haughtily, and bound forward to face the two fire-types she had been tasked to take care of. It should not be too taxing either way. Their attacks were ineffective against one another, and as Jez had said, there were also things in Sekhmet's arsenal the other two most definitely did not have.

The darumaka, emboldened by the battling going on behind it, took the first strike. He inhaled deeply and a split second later spat out a giant (though poorly controlled and aimed) Flamethrower in Sekhmet's direction. Snorting, the vulpix danced out of the way and lit the tips of her split tails with Will-o-Wisp, and her plan came to fruition: the two other fire-types stared directly at her.

The vulpix's eyes opened wide then, Hypnotic powers swirling in them. The effect did not take long--Darumaka's eyelids began to droop, while its magby partner did the same. For a moment, Sekhmet looked to he victorious; she started to smirk...

...only for the magby, having realized the danger just in time, to release a thick, acrid cloud courtesy of Smokescreen, cutting off the Hypnosis.

Jacob mumbled something uncomplimentary under his breath and coughed as the smoke flooded the immediate area before them, an action which many people in the crowd had no choice but to mimic. The smoke, having been exhaled by a fire-type, burned the throat when inhaled. It would have no harsh lasting effect, but it did very well as a distraction.

In front of Jez, Sekhmet growled. Who knew whether or not the darumaka had fallen asleep? It had been about to, but the obnoxious Smokescreen had chosen a fine time to impede on the progress. At least now they knew the magby was capable of strategy.

Speaking of which...

A streak of red and orange emerged from the smoke at Sekhmet's left flank. Out of the corner of her eye the vulpix saw it and moved to evade, but she wasn't fast enough. A Cross Chop smashed into her ribs, right above where her left lung was, and something splintered beneath the blow--if only a hairline fracture. Shrieking in pain, the vulpix reeled back and tried to retaliate with another attack, but the assailant was already gone.

"Careful," cautioned Jacob unnecessarily as he put his fingers into his mouth and blew out a couple of notes. Hidden in the smoke, there was the sound of a fish smashing against armors. It seemed to be an order for his hitmonchan to go all-out with his own fight. To Jez, he said, "Listen closely. We are on packed earth; if it moves, there will be sound."

But his eyes were not on her. They were on the surroundings, fixed on the vague shapes of those who were still sticking around to watch. He, too, had had the same idea as Jez. If these were wild pokemons, someone must have released them here to cause mayhem. The other theory, increasingly likely, was that they were not wild at all. Where were their owners, then...?

Meanwhile footsteps scruffled in the ground near Sekhmet, and her keen ears could pick up on them. She turned her head to that direction, tense, her rib hurting but not enough to make her not angry at the cheap shots the magby favored.

What order would Jezenya give her?

---

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/240magby.png Lv. 07 http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
-Hiding behind Smokescreen
-Egg Move Cross Chop

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/554.png Lv. 10 http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
-Unknown
-Might be asleep

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/37vulpix.png Lv. 05 http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
-Fractured left rib
-Peeved

[Hitmonchan and the Fire Duck of Hell fighting in the background.]

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Slondermins
 Posted: Sep 17 2013, 04:17 PM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Moderators
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:

(Likewise. ._. Such a looong wait, I know.)

Jez smiled to herself, feeling her affection for Jacob rise; he'd certainly known what he was doing when he'd gifted the Vulpix to her. The woman had a feeling that training Sekhmet was not going to be difficult at all, particularly so because they seemed to have a great deal in common.

A wave of elation rushed through Jez's veins as her strategy came to fruition, and for a split second she thought that the battle would be short-lived and she could be out of the city within the hour. Her now-visible smile faded, however, as the Magby wizened up and spat out Smokescreen, blocking not only visibility but the breathing capabilities of everyone in the vicinity. Jez cursed and grabbed at the cowl on her head, yanking it free from her torso and tying it around her nose and mouth like an overlong scarf. It wasn't the best filter, nor was it easy to wield (though she tossed the extra fabric back over her shoulders), but it would hopefully be better than just breathing the acrid fumes in.

Jez finished tying just in time to see the streak of what looked like the Magby dart out of the fog, smashing a fist into her Vulpix's side with enough force to do damage- and judging by Sekhmet's following shriek, the attack had done just that. The woman winced, her heart automatically going out for the fox she was already quite fond of, but she resisted the urge to coddle the pokemon like she might have her old Eevee.

Jacob's words were acknowledged with a nod; Jez had thought the same thing. Normally she would have instructed Sekhmet to listen for her foes and aim her attacks in their direction, but if she was injured there was the very real possibility that she was no longer as mobile, or as agile, as those she fought. Quickly the woman drummed up her possibilities. She knew that the Vulpix knew Overheat, and although most of her attacks (that one included) wouldn't savage the Magby like it might a Wurmple, Overheat was still known for being brutal even to other Fire Pokemon. Plus it wasn't an aimed attack, not like Flamethrower, so there was a much lesser chance of it missing.

"Sekhmet, use Sunny Day- and then Overheat." Jez instructed. She then pitched her voice up over the din of the battle. "Any passerby need to move away! It's about to get very hot!"

Not like it mattered too much. They were all Navdians, after all. Hot was in their nature.

**(I made the assumption I did about Overheat because it's actually performed very well for me in-game, even against gym leaders with Fire Pokemon. That's why I love that move so much; I've used a Ninetales at the same level as a leader's fire-type and taken out over half of their health with just one Overheat. But yes, it's totally up to you how it works out, Grimmypoo. =D)

-----

Egg Post 4

--------------------

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Sep 21 2013, 09:22 AM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.6 for you. And das okay; it seems to be in our nature to take forever and ever.]

---

Sekhmet's ear twitched at the instructions, in either confirmation or surprise. All around them cries of fear from civilians rang out, and even Jacob shot Jez a look--but he seemed to understand what exactly she was trying to do. He turned away from her and raised his voice, much more powerful, and shouted an instruction for everyone to move away. That was not to say they shouldn't have moved away even as the battle was starting to begin with, but mobs as a whole were not the most intelligent of gatherings.

The cloud of Smokescreen was still thick, and Sekhemet banished it even further with a glow of her eyes. Sunlight intensified so that it was painful to look straight without shielding one's eyes, and in that heat the vulpix's fur shimmered in preparation for the Overheat attack. It would hit everyone within a certain radius, so Jacob rested a hand on Jez's shoulder and drew her further away from the battlefield while shouting an instruction to his hitmonchan. A second later the fighting-type appeared, scorched and scratched but still very much standing.

The magby saw something was up right about then, and after a moment of hesitation she jumped out of the Smokescreen, her body also aglow from the boost coming from Sunny Day, her fists raised in a Cross Chop meant to crush Sekhmet's skull, eyes wide and desperate.

The vulpix did not flinch. The glow around her body intensified to the point of a reddish aura and then exploded outward in a ring of searing heat that scorched the ground it crossed, slamming into the magby and knocking it back, making it bounce away. The Heatwave also cleared up the last of the Smokescreen, revealing a downed darumaka--indeed asleep--and no magmortar in sight.

Jacob's face turned thundering. "I ought to have expected that," he said, more to himself than to anyone else. Giving Jez a glance, the Balican Priest then turned to the hitmonchan in order to assess his injuries. "This will have to be a report to the Guard...whenever they arrived, of course."

And they did arrive, right about then. Shouts and shifting of armors from the opposite way--and then a group of men dressed in leather jerkins with swords on their hips and a helmet made of hide came running to. The lead man, five foot four and cleanly-shaven, paused for a moment to assess the scene. His eyes took in the blackened ground, the charred earth, the fainted darumaka and then the magby who had begun to pick herself up again, injured and dizzy. Sekhmet hissed and, without waiting for Jez's permission, glared at the magby so harshly she looked this way. She was startled enough not to move quickly and Sekhmet was angry enough to force Hypnosis to work faster, and a moment later the fire-type fell back, out cold.

Jacob straightened as the Guardians came over, and the look on his face as he addressed the leader was not entirely charitable. "Traffic?" he said.

"Sure. Had fun setting things on fire with the girl over there?" He glanced at Jez, but only for a second, dismissive at best. "What the hell happened here?"

"What smells like a coordinated roadblock with fire-type pokemons that myself and Jezenya diHadi put down without your assistance, lieutenant." Jacob glanced at Jez, looking for a moment apologetic. "Jezenya, head over to check on the baby. I have things to settle here with Lieutenant Al-Say'af."

It was a polite dismissal, but it was one nonetheless. Under the assessing gaze of the two men who had followed Al-Say'af, Jezenya had to depart with Sekhmet in tow in order to do as Jacob had asked. Their voices were pitched high enough to be heard clearly, though--a report on what had happened and poorly hidden barbs from both sides. Discussions about the baby. Speaking of which...

The merchant from before stepped out from behind the cart. The baby in his arms was asleep, the redness of the brand on her arm not so harsh and swollen anymore. "Imported herbs," he admitted, offering Jez a bottle--a Potion--with one hand. "And this is for the fire-lady. It was a job well done, Miss diHadi. You are a skilled fighter."

Voices from behind the cart rose, descending into what was almost an argument. The merchant frowned, then addressed Jez again. "I know that this is sudden, Miss diHadi, but if you are who I have heard off, then your specialty is in helping troubled pokemons, is that not true? I am saying this because I am not sure when we will have an opportunity to speak again, and I have just recently picked up a rather peculiar tauros."

From his belt, the stout man unclipped something and handed it over to Jez. A pokeball, scratched and grimy. "I am a merchant, but no trainer. Perhaps he will find the most help with you."

---

Victory Rewards:

+3 EXP to Jez
+6 EXP to Sekhmet

+1 Potion
+1 tauros traded from Gabriel (finally!)

Jez leveled up! 3 egg counts.

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Slondermins
 Posted: Sep 25 2013, 08:40 PM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Moderators
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:

(EXCEPT FOR NOW)

Jez beamed, her affection and appreciation for the Vulpix increasing tenfold. This was a familiar feeling, working so in-sync with a Pokemon, and it brought back a few memories of her days with her Eevee. That, however, came with the stipulation of brief homesickness (for all she was still in the damn city), and the handler quickly squashed it with a shake of her head. Now was not the time.

Still, though. Sekhmet's attack went off as perfectly as one could hope, and even as the woman let herself be dragged away by Jacob- for more than one reason- she could see the pieces were falling into place. The Magby wasn't so confident now, and even another Cross Chop failed to stop the determined Vulpix. The Overheat blasted through the area, finally allowing them to see the battlefield, and a final Hypnosis finished off the Magby. Jez might have started cheering if the guard hadn't picked that moment to show up.

Instead she motioned for Sekhmet to rejoin her and nodded at Jacob's dismissal, casting an openly curious gaze over the guards- she probably knew some of them, and they her, but if she wanted to leave Navdia then she couldn't linger to say hello. She glanced around, as if making sure no one was watching, and fished an empty Pokeball out of her satchel. If Jez remembered correctly, she had a client who wanted a Magby, and here was one ripe for the taking. The handler tossed the pokeball at the sleeping Fire-type; once it was caught (IF it was caught) she eased her way to the cart, her eyes locking on the baby once the merchant was in view.

"Thank you." Jez said with a smile, taking the Potion gratefully and kneeling down to apply it to Sekhmet. Hopefully the Vulpix wasn't so injured that they'd need even more healing before they left; that second Cross Chop couldn't have been pleasant. Before she could assess the damage, though, the merchant continued on, and Jez lifted her head. "Yes, that's me." She began, blinking with a bit of uncharacteristic surprise. Had her name really traveled that far? Not that it was bad that it had- no, quite the opposite- but...

...a Tauros, eh? Jez turned the pokeball over in her hands, inspecting it like she might a fruit in the market, before nodding and stuffing it into her satchel. She'd clean it later. For now, it was time to vamoose. "Take good care of the baby until Jacob reclaims her, yeah? And tell him that I'm sorry for just dashing off, but I really must be going. I'll do my best for the Tauros." With that the woman bowed politely and turned on her heel, striding straight back to the gate. If Sekhmet didn't need additional healing, then they'd hopefully be crossing Route 7 very shortly.

------------------

Egg Post 8

--------------------

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Oct 4 2013, 07:36 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[.6, and Jez is never gettin' out of Navdia.

But in Other News!

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/240magby.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
Flame Body and Vital Spirit
Cross Chop and Belly Drum
]

---

One of the Guardians who was with the lieutenant shot Jez a look as she tossed the pokeball discreetly and watched with some profound lack of passion when the sleeping creature was zapped into the sphere. It did not even shake once, merely clicking and lying still. Nonetheless, this young man did not move up to address Jezenya's actions at all, or even acknowledge much of it, before yawning and facing forward again.

The merchant, for his part, smiled at her when she bade him farewell. "Save travels," he called out as she left. He would of course be explaining her leaving to Jacob at a later date, but for now there were other things that called to his attention. The baby had started to cry again, which drew the Guardians' gazes from the Balican priest to its direction, and the merchant scrambled to inform them of what exactly had transpired.

In that chaos, among the whispering of people as they parted so Jez could freely pass through, she was able to escape with minimal notice...or rather, a lot of it, but none so much as to stop her. A girl of some eight years old with missing front teeth tugged excitedly on her mother's dress and pointed a chubby finger in the trainer's direction, yelling, "Look, Ma! I wanna be just like her!" but she was quickly shushed by her shawled mother and with an apologetic look at Jez the pair departed.

Aside from the momentary roadblock, it soon became clear that other parts of the city was perfectly functional. Jacob had taken her in a straight road, but it had been much faster traveling with a wagon than on foot, and the street soon turned bustling and noisy and full of sweaty people as soon as the young woman was out of sight of the place where the Interesting Thing had happened. Jacob's dealing was no longer her business; she had somewhere else to be.

But not before, it would appear, one last interruption.

Just as the gates drew into view, a green bird appeared above her head. Before she could make out what it was--not that hard, really; how many green birds were out there that could Teleport?--it had disappeared again, leaving an envelope to fall down before her, gentle enough that she could catch it with ease. It was obviously expensive stationery, and on the back the wax stamp that sealed it shut was blue with the mark portrayed by a rearing kingdra. On the front, in neat letters: To Miss Jezenya diHadi, Pokemon Training Service. No name of the sender was visible.

The words inside and the signature at the bottom--that of one Lady Bastia, a well-known pompous noblewoman in the Crater who was famous for her collection of rare pokemons from all over the place. This would not be the first time Jezenya had seen her seal; some of her colleagues would have received the same, though this was by far the first time one had been directly addressed to her.

Upon unfolding it, the letter read thus:

My dear Miss diHadi,
I was passing by and I must say, quite the impressive show you have put up there! The vulpix is young, is it not? Yet you handled her so very well--and I wondered to myself, 'Hm, could the young lady help me with my problem?' I will leave the true answer of this up to you, but let me present you the actual heartache of mine such.

You see, one of my contacts had recently obtained a very rare pokemon of my own request, and usually this would have been fine. But this one...well, I have been told she is quite a handful. I am sure my contact will be able to tell you better what is wrong with her, but she is such a beauty I would add her to my main escort as soon as possible, and everyone in Navdia knows you are as good a pokemon trainer as they come.

So I would like to make you an offer. A ludicrous set of goods have just recently come from Miramossa, and I will reward you with treasures beyond your imagination if you would help me with this problem here. In addition to this, my money will be quite the offer if you succeed.

If you accept, you should search for my contact. He is on Route Seven, on the westernmost side of it. I would not say he is an easy man to find, but there is a small inn there a dozen miles from Miramossa called the Endless Sand Inn, and I have arranged for him to meet you there in three days' course at the most. You will make good of your time, I am sure.

Whatever your reply, I am most grateful for you having considered it.

Sincerely,
Bastia of the Crater

...Well, it would not take so extraordinarily long to traverse that way in a span of three days, especially if she hitched a ride with someone. The question was, would Jezenya wait for a few minutes to see if anyone was leaving this way--for surely someone would--or would she just push on ahead on the route? After all, there was nothing stopping her.

(She had until that deadline to decide if she was to take this woman up on her offer, too, if she wished.)

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Slondermins
 Posted: Oct 5 2013, 12:41 AM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Moderators
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:

(Not too long but I is tiiiired)

Jez couldn't help but smile as the little girl's words reached her ears. It seemed that she was just making impressions everywhere, wasn't she? And finally, finally, she could get out of this city and start on the traveling she'd been dreaming of for so lon-

A rustle, a pop, and a floating envelope that Jez snatched out of the air. What fresh hell was this, now?

A second later she saw the seal, and her eyes widened. Oh, she knew who this was, yes she did. Jez had seen coworker after coworker receive letters from this woman, and she'd spent a fair chunk of her career waiting for one herself. She'd also spent far too much time agonizing and growing bitter over the Lady Bastia's refusal to acknowledge (and utilize) her talents. But now that it was here, sitting prettily in her hands with her own name on he front, an almost overwhelming wave of excitement crashed over her.

With as much ceremony as a hungry child tearing into a cookie, Jez ripped the letter free of the envelope and read the words greedily. She snorted at the introduction- so the noblewoman had been watching, huh?- but shifted her weight, antsy, at the mention of a challenging Pokemon to train. "I hope you're ready for a trek, Sekhmet." The young woman murmured, reading the stationary once, twice more before folding it carefully and stowing it in a satchel. "We've got an official job now, and I mean to make haste to it." Jez knew the inn Bastia was talking about, and the trainer didn't plan on wasting any time.

The sooner she left the better. If any carts or wagons were going this way they'd pass her regardless of whether she struck out now or lingered by the gates. Jez checked her supplies one last time, unable to keep herself from beaming, and set out towards Route Seven.

--------------

Egg Post 9

--------------------

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Carnivale
 Posted: Oct 13 2013, 11:44 PM
| Quote |

Peace and safety, friend.
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 2105
Member No. 456
Joined on 22-July 12.

Characters:
Carmen Caldwell, Lahi Sharandi, Gilen Bassett

[.6 for you, my love, and because Grimm is kept busy elsewhere he requests that I take this one update for him.]

The day trek was certainly a lively one as far as people Jez encountered on the road went. With the end of summer, the more warmth-loving folks were returning from all over or had gone vacationing in Navdia Crater, and she saw a decisively larger amount of people heading the opposite direction of her than those going the same way. Once or twice a caravan pulled by resilient, dusty doduos did pass by and greetings were exchanged and, once, a richly-dressed brown-skinned woman insisted that they must share a meal together, but aside from that none had quite the space or the spirit to allow Jez a hitchhike.

("A young lady traveling alone in this kind of wilderness?!" said the woman which had invited Jez to sit in on the meal, a hand covering her mouth in scandalized shock. She herself traveled with her twelve brothers, all stuffed into two small caravans, so one could understand where she was coming from. "Why, this would not do! It is dangerous to go alone - take this!" And she had drawn forth from her trunk a dagger, a number of potions, some empty pokeballs - just in case, she said - and even a Fire Stone. These she thrust into Jez's possession and refused to take them back.)

That was the night of the first day. Steadily, Jez kept a good pace and wore out the soles of her shoes until the second afternoon, when she hit her luck with a young man traveling alone with a seviper sleeping in his own caravan and a somber-faced zangoose sitting with him on the driver's bench, a straw hat obscuring it safely from the sun. He kindly offered her a ride, and on they made some good time with this - the bouffalants he used to drive his cart were unusually adapted to the terrains, though he politely deflected any questions towards them if Jez ever felt in the mood for it.

His stop was at a small hut sitting in the middle of nowhere about halfway down the route, however, so Jez was offered some food, a borrowed bouffalant if she would like to have a mount towards where she was going ("He will know to return to me," the man assured her) but otherwise this was where they parted ways. The zangoose, before she departed, tipped her straw hat back and looked intently at Jez. But she said nothing, and it would not be until the next time Jezenya checked her belongings that she found an alien pokeball, with the symbol of a lightning on it and warm to the touch, in a pocket of her satchel.

On the morning of the third day, the inn came into view. It was a three-story building, made of red brick it felt like, and above the door hung a sign that proclaimed it the destination Jez was seeking. People were coming and going like flies, drifting in and out of it - apparently it was as good a tavern serving food as it was somewhere to stay. Mounts were tethered in front of the place, and some people were freeing a couple up as Jez arrived. They raised their hands to greet her, but little else.

From then on it was simply making her way inside. The impression the place gave her outside was correct; the tavern floor was packed, large as it was, with the middle ground cleared out for a pair of dancers to plight their trade. A few instrument players sat to the back, and a plucky song was being played. Conversations were numerous, loud. No fireplace, but the inn was strangely cooled.

It would take some looking, but at length Jezenya would see him: a gray-bearded man who sat towards the back, away from all the social hubbubs. He was nursing his drink in a thoughtful manner, not quite so forlorn, and by his side sat a bisharp. The creature was looking around the place distrustfully when its eyes connected with Jez's. It blinked once, then nudged its human companion with a not-sharp elbow.

The older man looked up. Looked around. Followed his pokemon's gaze and saw Jez. And though he frowned and he was aged, she could see the rugged handsomeness in him. His beard was untrimmed, his white desert's cloak stained from the sandy environment it had endured, but the man himself possessed a strong chin and a pair of sharp, alerted eyes that looked at Jez and analyzed her right on the spot.

His frown deepened a fraction. Then he raised the mug he had been holding and discreetly beckoned her over with it.

---

Zangoose received! Nemesis trade things received! Joel also received!

--------------------
PCR
Gilen Bassett
Profile --- Travels
|-|-|-|-|-|-|
Lahi Sharandi
Profile --- Travels
|-|-|-|-|-|-|
Carmen Caldwell
Profile ---- Travels
-
user posted image user posted image user posted image
| PM || Email |
^
Slondermins
 Posted: Oct 16 2013, 12:07 PM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Moderators
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:

(Word vomit before classssss~)

Although Jez liked to count herself as one of the strong ones- and it was true that she had a hardy constitution, especially when it came to travel- it'd be a lie to say that she didn't welcome the meal from the rich lady, or that she was starting to scowl as the rest of the wagons passed her on by. Dinner with the benefactor was pleasant, although Jez just barely managed to hide a frown of disapproval at the woman's surprise behind a polite smile, and she almost protested at the number of items then thrust upon her. Jez had stuffed her bag pretty full (half of it of clothes and personal grooming accessories, if she had to admit it) and she wasn't sure she could fit everything.

Nonetheless she took them, attaching the dagger to her belt, the pokeballs into her purse, and the Fire Stone and potions down into the recesses of her bag. This was Navdia, and it would be foolish to turn away such helpful gifts.

She struck a bit of luck on day two when, finally, a man allowed her and Sekhmet a ride. Jez cast a strange look at the Zangoose but said nothing of it, instead admiring the Bouffalant and, after her first question was artfully deflected, inquiring little. She lingered at the hut they stopped at overnight, not willing to submit herself to the chill of the desert night if she could help it, and gratefully took the offered mount come morning (although the sun hadn't quite risen yet, much to Sekhmet's chagrin). Jez hadn't ventured this far onto the route very often in the past, but she was still starting to recognize some of its landmarks. She was an hour into her journey when she realized that she knew precisely where she was; if this Bouffalant made good time, which she thought it would, she could be at the inn in time for breakfast.

Breakfast was certainly on her mind, too, when the inn came into sight. By the way Sekhmet squirmed it was on her mind, too, and with civilization on the horizon the Vulpix was turning her nose up at the jerky Jez offered. "Well, fine." The woman huffed. "Don't blame me when the inn turns out to have two-day-old meat. You'll wish you'd taken the jerky then."

Their arrival was met with little fanfare, and Jez dismounted with a wayward glance at the buffalo. Hopefully this man of hers would indeed be here, because she didn't expect the Bouffalant to still be outside when her meal was over. The woman slipped inside, nodding at the patrons she passed, and gave the room a thorough once-over. No fireplace, which seemed a bit foolhardy on the part of the owners (Navdia nights were nothing to underestimate), and as her eyes lingered over the dancers and mentally judged their performance, it suddenly occurred to Jez that she had no idea what her mystery contact looked like.

She lifted her gaze, now scouring the inhabitants of the tables for someone she hoped looked the part, not that she had any idea what part he was supposed to look like. Her eyes passed him just as he lifted his mug to her, a motion that made her double take and confirm that, yes, he was looking at her. Jez stared for a moment, the wheels in her head starting to turn rapidly. He was...quite suitable. Quite suitable. Something gleeful began to bubble up in her chest, and the words silver fox jumped into her head. Jez had almost forgotten that there were men in the word besides Jacob Zantorian.

And if she wanted to get anywhere with this one, it was probably best to start early.

Jez did a mental check of her appearance; she's hidden her curls, and most of her face, under her cowl for the journey here, so they were relatively sand-free. Said curls hung in a loose ponytail draped over one shoulder, and the clothes she'd chosen, while practical for the climate, did nothing to hide her shape. The woman squared her shoulders and eased across the room, rolling her hips just enough to bring to mind the dancers on the floor. Sekhmet, sensing a chance to show off, tilted her nose into the air and pranced after her new mistress, tails held high.

Jez was all charm and honey as she slid into a seat opposite the mystery man (who, up close, was indeed a silver fox), and she lent a coy purr to her voice when she spoke. "You must be Lady Bastia's friend." Who had undoubtedly written him to tell him who to look for; too bad Jez hadn't gotten the same courtesy. Oh well.

Sekhmet proceeded to hop into another chair, propping her paws up on the table expectantly. No one leave her out of this conversation, okay.

------

Egg Post 10

--------------------

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Oct 23 2013, 05:23 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

[A most excellent word vomit! .7 and brownie points for putting up with Grimm being a sloth about updates.]

---

The man’s eyes strayed down lower on Jez’s form as she all but sashayed closer, but it did not go up as others’ did—more than one pair of eyes had become fixed on the newcomer now, as the ale faded a little and they could actually tell what and who was flowing through their midst. Some ooh’d and aah’d, and a particularly bold and crass man reached out, his hand going for Jez’s behind…and never reached it, because his companion yanked the hand back and slapped him across the face with a mug. That started an argument, but it did not escalate into a bar fight. Not with the machamp bouncer that suddenly appeared, looming over the pair.

For the stranger’s part, his eyes went down Jezenya’s form and then to Sekhmet, and very slightly an eyebrow raised. When she arrived at the table, his face had already cleared—he looked less than happy to be here but more than confident that nobody was going to usurp his place in this world. Again with the mug, he gestured for Jez to sit down. There was a chair opposite of him and adjacent to the bisharp, whose startling blue eyes—a strange thing for its species—followed Jez’s every movement. When the woman had settled, she turned them to Sekhmet and proceeded to stare. Not stare down, but merely stared.

“Bastia told me to look for a young woman and a fox,” said the man, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms. His voice was flat, unreceptive. The flirt had clearly less than impressed him. “Not two foxes, one big and one small. Lady Bastia sent you a letter, didn’t she? Show it.” A way of credentials, likely. The grayed man peered at Jez with open, dangerous doubt. Clearly he had not imagined a supposedly talented trainer would be this…this.

Even when the letter was handed over and the man had taken it, flipping it open, scanned the words, confirmed its contents, there seemed to be some of that dubiousness in him still. But he did not voice them out loud. Instead he stood up, dropped a few coins onto the table, and said shortly, “C’mon.”

The inn was becoming crowded, but when the stranger jerked his head and the bisharp took the lead, nobody tried anything. Single-filed, they exited the tavern floor, and Jez’s contact did not hold the door open for her. Just as they left, someone from inside shouted, “Got yeself a pretty lady, ain’t ya, Joel!”

The voice was utterly ignored.

Sunrise had come fully, and the desert heat was picking up. A woman wrapped in several layers of bright-colored shawls, so much that she was almost unrecognizable as a woman, nodded at “Joel” from atop her doduo. He nodded back, and that was as much of a greeting as they exchanged. The pokémon which Jez had borrowed to come here had by now sauntered its way back to its owner, and so, it seemed for a moment, that they would walk. Until Joel led her around the inn and to a cart not unlike that of the merchant back in Navdia, anyhow.

“Get on,” he said with by now probably normal gruffness. Joel himself took the driver’s seat, and the bisharp joined him there. No room left for Jez there, clearly. She would have to take the actual cart itself, which had no seat and was dusty, and there were small stains in the wood that looked…a lot like blood.

Joel waited with silent impatience until she had settled, then he grabbed the reins. Connected to them were two sleeping tauroses. With a quick lash, they woke, and Joel drove them off Route Seven, to the north. Any attempts at conversation will have to come from Jez during the ride, unfortunately; this man seemed to be business and little else.

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Pennant Isles | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (3) 1 2 3  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.