Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff


Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

  • Show Box
  • Hide Box
 



  | Add Reply || New Topic |

 Leslie Witcher-Steele's Travels, jadedragonette
Flight
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 03:41 PM
| Quote |


judge of the stables
*******
Admin
Total Posts: 1009
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.


Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Seung Han, Iuchra Nic Longáin (Retired)

Awards: 1




{ Welcome back to Harper! You know the drill. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/30.png }

RP Sample/Prologue

.

It was not the Woman that Leslie had been expecting, to be truthful. The tavern room did not hush into silence when she entered, nor did her presence itself cause tension. Rather, she slipped in like an afterthought, garbed in the same forest-wear that most of the Dedrius patrons had; but she honed in on Leslie like a dark-type with a target, and slid into the seat across from him.

She ordered a drink, when the serving maid noticed the sudden table-for-two, with a murmured "Chilled berry wine," and a tucked clip into the maid's apron, before turning to Leslie. By her expression she was, undoubtedly, Not Impressed.

"I've heard things about you," she said. Her voice had suddenly changed, with no apparent cause; more extreme than dropping and picking up accents, less dramatic than a shift in vocal ranges. She had no cowl, which allowed Leslie to see the dark hair settled into a bun, stray hair wisping around her ears, and the sharp gray eyes, which turned flinty at her next words: "Not all of them are good."

Before Leslie would have the chance to reply, the serving maid would return with the woman's drink, and Leslie's, if he had ordered one. The girl curtsied slightly and didn't bother hiding her smile when the woman slipped her another coin, and drifted off with that peculiar server's grace that all those who worked in taverns like these tended to learn.

When he turned back, the woman had leaned closer, and there was a corporeal shadow drifting on her shoulder that none else in the tavern seemed to have noticed. Bright eyes glimmered from the inside of her cloak, and a chill settled over the back of Leslie's neck.

"We've no use for those who come running to us, seeking refuge," the woman said, and her tone was conversational. "Or those who cannot take orders. Milady wonders, Leslie Howard Witcher-Steele, if you will bend or break. But that is up to you, no?"

She paused, to take another sip. Leslie would have enough time to make his case, at which point she would listen in silence and raise her eyebrows without apparent judgement, or stay silent, where she'd tilt her head and smile a little. The chill would not disappear from the nape of his neck.

"We do much more than murder people, and you will think that not all of those we do will deserve it. But you will join us and follow orders, Leslie, because to do otherwise is to cross us." Another sip, after which she took the wooden tankard of wine and tipped it out to the side, over the edge of the table. The stream of wine disappeared mid-air, and would not touch the floor. "Come to the Northern edge of the Edgewood tomorrow night, and come prepared. Come alone, with just your pokemons. We'll see about your request then."

The voice had shifted again, mid-sentence, but again no one in the tavern seemed to notice. The woman stood in one fluid movement, pushing her chair back with the slightest hint of a sound. She did not look back at Leslie as she left, and the door closed behind her as quietly and as unobtrusively as she came.

The chill had not disappeared from the back of Leslie's neck, and would not disappear until he did as the woman had said tomorrow night. But until that time, it seemed, he would be left to his own devices.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 04:54 AM
| Quote |


Expert Handler
******
Background Mods
Total Posts: 766
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.


Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6




[Egg count: 1]

It wasn't The Lady that walked in, but Witcher knew that the Lady that did step in was far more dangerous than she looked. She carried herself well, and hid it well - but he wasn't able to Poach as long as he had without seeing deeper into what a person was, to some extent. She was a mystery to be sure, especially that sense of darkness and danger - he assumed some sort of Pokemon, possibly a ghost with its ability to hide - that all well-practiced con-men seemed to ooze. Perhaps she wasn't a con-man on her own - but she was dangerous, and that tint of danger had him treading carefully indeed.

He nodded respectfully at her as she ordered, and added a hasty "Just an ale, miss, if you would," to the order before the barmaid took fully off. Nothing more than an eyebrow raised at the vocal shift as she spoke to him - he expected something of the sort, and wished he had that sort of control still. Ah, well, it was his own fault he was a little bit rusty - he'd work back up to it, in time. His other brow raised as she mentioned the part of not all of what she'd heard been good, and let it stew as the barmaid returned with their drinks, and he was certain to pay for his own as well. It wouldn't do to assume, not when it took just a minor slip of the tongue to find himself without one.

He eyed the shadow on her shoulder only momentarily, not showing any hint of unease - he was somewhat certain it was a ghost, and was somewhat used to ghosts with his own Frillish as it was. He paid her words close attention, reading between the lines the best he could - basically, they weren't sure if he was worth the effort, if he was understanding clearly.

"Forgive me, ma'am," he said calmly but quickly - it never hurt to be respectful, whether it was expected or not. "I will do my best to fulfill any order given, as expected of...one of my potential standing, whether I personally think it is right or not; that is the place I willingly put myself in, asking what I do. I cannot say, not without having tried, if I will stand strong - this is not, I'm sure you've heard, something I do every day. But I wish to make an honest attempt, and believe that I do not, in your terms, seek refuge - not refuge, per se, but a chance to be of use to you and yours. In return, all I ask is to be able to find my own way - not without orders, not without missions, only to find my reason for living once more, and in that manner, the only refuge I seek is a buffer to the outside world's stupidity." His voice never rose, nor quickened - he spoke precisely as he meant to, not letting his emotions get the better of him. Not that it was a dead tone - it certainly conveyed sincerity if nothing else - but he didn't let his passions get the better of him.

The woman's next words made it clear to him that whatever he said didn't matter in the grand scheme of things - not that he'd expected them to - but he knew that they wouldn't be ignored. How, he didn't know - but this lady surely hadn't been sent to him just to tell him where to go next and when. Otherwise, all he did was nod in obedience to her order. There certainly wouldn't be any chance of him disobeying the orders, especially not this soon - and that gave him plenty time to plan, to regather himself, and make sure he had everything that he just might need in times such as these.

And then, she was gone as quickly as she had arrived - and, after he'd sat there long enough to finish the ale and thank the barmaid, he too left. He didn't have time to waste, after all, not if he wanted to get stuff done. After all, whatever he was walking in to here - it wouldn't do to not be prepared. He looked to the sky and judged it early enough for the stores to still be open, and so went and spent a pretty chunk of change - he'd managed to steal quite a bit of his stuff back already, but there were a couple of holes in his defenses (and a set of weapons) that was missing, and he nabbed himself some lockpicking gear just in case. It wasn't a strong suit of his - but at the same time, sometimes things got a bit out of hand.

Once everything was purchased, though - he went to the edge of the forest, where he usually slept, and spent the night there. Most of the next day was spent with his Pokemon - getting to know each other again, reassuring them that he was back to...well, whatever normal now was, and meeting the new member of the team. They'd...well. Some of them, Anael especially, would require some careful handling for a while - but one day, they'd all be a team once again.

And when the time came, and the sun began its steady descent and the sky darkened...he was as ready as could be, and waited precisely where he'd been told to. The Northern edge of the Edgewood was a rather vague meeting place - but he was certain that either they would find him, or they'd give him another sign as to where to go from there. Standing a small distance off was Anael, with Barrattiel idly chatting with her; on his other side was Azrael, eyeing the darkness warily, and Nathanael hovered a bit above the small Skorupi. It may not be the safest thing, having all of his "secrets" in the open like this - but at the same time, the point was to be as honest as could be expected with the Order, thieves and con-men and poachers all. As such, though he stood and kept as good a watch as could be expected, he also kept a hand close to his pokeballs in case he had to pull any of them back quickly. He wasn't stupid, or at least he didn't think he was, but he also wanted to make a decent impression if he possibly could.

---

OOC: Intents: buy (1) set of Dual Daggers, (1) leather-backed chainmail pants, and (1) lockpicking kit (never hurts to be prepared). -500 gold altogether. Also: slip this dev and this dev into the time in the forest before the meeting-time. Basics: first introduction and slight bonding with his new team, and making sure they aren't going to run away on him when let out (especially Eevee).

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Edith
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Leslie Witcher-Steele
Profile | Travels | Tracker


PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 02:24 PM
| Quote |


judge of the stables
*******
Admin
Total Posts: 1009
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.


Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Seung Han, Iuchra Nic Longáin (Retired)

Awards: 1




{ 0.7 EXP for you, and -500g for Leslie. Your Travels have also been moved to Edgewood. }

.

Leslie would seem alone for a majority of the time that he waited, the forest silent save for the wind through the leaves. It was only when the last dregs of the sun had disappeared beneath the horizon that anyone shifted in the dark, accompanied by two gleaming green eyes that quickly disappeared.

"You came." The voice drifted out of the dark, amused. Little flares of light wisped into existence, orbiting around a person whose outline blurred, for a moment, before separating itself from the shadows and stepping forward.

The chill that had settled over the back of Leslie's neck since the night before would cool, for a moment, before it relented and retreated, gone as if it had never been there.

The figure was certainly the woman from before, hands tucked into pockets and no visibly weaponry in sight, that raised an eyebrow at Leslie's open team, his visible caution, and who snorted at his hovering hand over his pokeballs. "Worried about your team, then?"

Something shifted behind her, paper crackling in a dusclops' version of laughter. The ghost drifted forward, its red eye the same shade of red as the Will-o'-Wisps that drifted and spread to encompass the woman, Leslie, and the pokemon that came with him.

"You asked if you could be of use. A poacher as you will find employ, so long as you work within milady's laws and fulfill quota - no more, no less. Milady is the caretaker of these lands, Dedrius and Edgewood alike, and you will respect that." An Or else was hidden in there, a truth of the world more than anything else.

"However, you were also the one who killed Michael Greenwood before you came to us. He is a man that will be missed by his employer, and thus, the Guard." The woman paused, to regard Leslie with her heavy contemplation. The dusclops was still beside her, but there were shadows writhing at its feet and it was contemplating Nathanael with something very much like hunger. "We do not easily accept wanted men under milady's command."

Nor does it please her, when men believe they may decide the fates of others without her approval.

The voice had come suddenly and directly, whispering in the back of Leslie's head, and it was full of quiet warning intent on giving advice. From the woman's reaction - or lack thereof - it had been a private link, now settling at the edges of his mind: to observe, nothing more.

The woman turned on a heel, the dusclops at her back, and with one hand gestured further deep into the Edgewood. "But for now, a test. Find me a tynamo, Leslie, and capture it without a pokeball. You have until dawn."


.

Leslie will be able to use what resources he has on him in order to accomplish this task. You may write him using his techniques to attempt to find a tynamo within the Edgewood; whether he succeeds or not will depend on your strategy and approach, after which I will roll for his attempt.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: May 25 2017, 02:56 AM
| Quote |


Expert Handler
******
Background Mods
Total Posts: 766
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.


Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6




[OOC: Was going to wait until finishing some poaching aptitude setting, but...decided to take the plunge and cross my fingers (aka got impatient with myself).]

[Egg count: 2 + 2 (PCR) = 4]

As the lady from before walked from the forest, he tensed just a little bit before forcing himself to relax. It was a tell that his hands were near his pokeballs, but he couldn't help but be a little bit overprotective of his Pokemon - eventually he was sure he would relax, but right now, he knew that it wouldn't take much for them to be taken from him. "Indeed, as you asked I have obeyed." His voice was calm even as she nonverbally laughed at him for being overprotective, and simply raised an eyebrow - if she knew as much about him as she appeared to, the answer to the question was obvious. Of course he was protective of his Pokemon, like it or not, he didn't know their capabilities and he didn't want to lose this team like he had the last.

He eyed the ghost as it approached behind him, but forced himself to stay calm - he was a poacher, he'd faced worse, and a ghost wouldn't have as much effect on his team as other types might (he forced himself to forget that ghosts didn't have to keep to ghost-type moves, to keep himself fairly calm). The lady mentioned that he could be valuable as a poacher, something he well knew - he was counting on it, in fact, even knowing he was...less than preferable, being wanted and all. He bowed his head in respect in response to the knowledge that The Lady, the Head of the Organization around here, was protective of her lands - if he was in her position, he would be too, and he was glad that not all poaching techniques were damaging to the land.

The knowledge that he was wanted and that the Order was hesitant to accept him was accepted without a response - to him, it was obvious, and he knew there would be a test. There was always a chance that he wasn't good enough, that he would flub and either nicely be told no or killed - but it was worth the risk. The Order would give him something to think about that was more than himself, give him missions to work on, while he worked on his relationships with his Pokemon and recovered and reminded himself that he was more than just himself - he had a responsibility to his Pokemon as well. It wasn't just his life that mattered.

The psychic-type that touched his mind was a surprise, though he did no more than raise an eyebrow when he saw no sign that the lady in front of him heard the voice. He focused his thoughts for a moment, making an attempt to speak back as he'd learned from Sparkie in the past. If The Lady wishes the end of another, I will obey - unless I had no other choice, I would choose to wait for Her order to end the life of a person. As a potential member of the Order, I understand the boundaries I place upon myself. It rankled, a little bit, but his words were honest - he just didn't like putting boundaries on himself and what he could do. He felt like the psychic, whoever, whatever, and wherever it was, was settling in to the edges of his mind - he supposed it made sense, to be watched during the test, even if it was a tad unsettling.

The other lady spoke again, catching his attention, and he couldn't help but tilt his head to the side a little bit. A...Tynamo. A rare electric-type, evolved into a strange eel then into an even stranger eel - it could float, though it wasn't a direct ability to fly, and was immune to the one type that it would otherwise be weak against thanks to that ability. He didn't need to look at his pokecard to get that much, though he might look to try and figure out where it would be around here; it was one of the first times he had to go after that specific Pokemon, and it would take some thought to find it and to catch it without a pokeball. Especially given a time limit, the handicap of his current team, and the location; it would take at least a small amount of luck to catch it and bring it back safely.

"Tynamo it is. I'm assuming I am to be back here by daybreak with it, not just catch it before daybreak, right?" he asked with a small bow in her direction - wouldn't do to be disrespectful and get attacked as he left. After she answered, he would recall each of his Pokemon except Anael, then kneel quickly to speak to her - he inwardly cringed at the thought of having the woman over there listening in and whatever the psychic presence he felt listening as well, but this needed to be done. "I need your help, Anael - I know, you don't like me, don't look at me like that." His voice was slightly strained as he saw the little Eevee look at him incredulously, glance over at the woman, then let out a soft bark he was certain was a scoff or a derisive laugh; just because he couldn't understand her every word didn't mean he couldn't read her body language.

"I want you to follow me, and be careful. If you smell a cave that seems to be charged with electricity, call out or get my attention - I know, it's not something you've tracked before, neither of us are certain this will work. But we're after a Tynamo." He pulled at his pokecard, looking over the information he could access on the Pokemon, then at a map of the area - it wasn't the most detailed thing ever, but he could get a feeling for where they might be. "They're electric-types, so they should be drawn to sources of electricity - whether caves charged with it, areas where thunderstorms are common, stuff like that. Help me find where they may be, please, Anael."

Though she didn't like him, Anael couldn't find a reason to disobey at the moment - she'd at least make the attempt as they wandered, and if it wasn't the most attentive sort of attempt, well, he deserved it. She may be starting to trust him just a little bit, might be starting to be okay with him and had decided not to run away - but that didn't mean she liked him, or had to do as he said. She'd follow close behind him though, and keep her nose and eyes out - quite often, they led her to unexpected places, but she'd do her best to stay close. This was the Edgewood they were near, after all, and even Pokemon knew of the dangers held within.

Orders given, Witcher headed out - first step was to find out where they hid. He was careful not to go too deep in the forest, conscious of the dangers within and the obvious fact that it was night, instead skirting the edges of the forest in the direction of Route Six - with any luck, he'd find a cave or plains in that direction, somewhere where the air felt charged. Though he had asked Anael to help him, he knew he couldn't rely on her - she didn't like him much, after all - and so as they went he did his best to keep an eye on their surroundings. It was possible that a cave was nearby, if not very probable; Tynamo, to the best of his knowledge, liked to travel in swarms, so that was another potential snag he'd have to figure out along the way.

He thought about how it felt when a group of electric Pokemon was near: the smell of ozone-charged air, the feel of static electricity crackling along his arms, the sight of small bits of electricity crawling along the ground and everything nearby; he did his best to keep all his senses open to his surroundings, and if he felt or saw any of that, he would slow and investigate. It wouldn't do to miss signs just because he was going too fast, but at the same time, he had the dilemma of a time limit…

After a while of this, if it was showing no signs of success, he would also call out Barratiel - Barratiel had an unusual knowledge of electricity for a normal-type, as he'd been born with an electric-type move, and might be able to help them find a Tynamo as well. Of course, there was the downside that he also didn't like Witcher, but well...there was only so much he could do on his own. He would ask Barratiel to also keep his senses open, and hopefully between the three of them they would find something of use - especially if it was near some sort of electric cave of some sort, or if they found a place with a thunderstorm. Of course, Tynamo's rarity also caused a snag of a different sort, along with how much his Pokemon hated him...

If they managed to find signs of Tynamo, they would follow, with Anael (and Barratiel, if he was around) sticking to bushes, small trees, or even just tall grass to try and hide a bit. Witcher would keep his eyes out for anything strange, especially any small, darting forms of Tynamo; knowing that Barratiel didn't have his usual advantage over the type in the form of Hidden Power, he would ask him to get close and use Attract on one of the Tynamo (hopefully a female) and lure it out - doing so on multiple Pokemon if necessary, since he didn't know how to tell the two genders apart, and to have Protect as a back-up if all else failed. It might cause a bit of a ruckus no matter what - if multiple Tynamo ended up attacking for one reason or another, that's where the rest of his team came in. He may only need one, but as always, he wouldn't hesitate to faint others if that's what was necessary to keep everyone safe.

---

[OOC: Attempts made. Ignore the last paragraph if no Tynamo is found (and please don't kill me http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/4.png).]

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Edith
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Leslie Witcher-Steele
Profile | Travels | Tracker


PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 04:18 PM
| Quote |


judge of the stables
*******
Admin
Total Posts: 1009
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.


Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Seung Han, Iuchra Nic Longáin (Retired)

Awards: 1




{ 0.7 EXP for you! }

.

The woman smiled - it was small, and easily concealed, but this one was not edged. "I meant what I said," she said, and then gestured to her dusclops. The ghost drew an old iron lantern with glass panes from the shadows by its feet, and offered to Witcher. Inside it there were three candles, tall enough that combined they would last through the night. One of them was already lit. "Good luck."

With the dusk the forest had quickly settled into a place wreathed in shadows, but Witcher would not find it too hard to traverse the Edgewood with the lantern. It cast a short but serviceable light on the trail that Anael found, revealing soft forest-ground.

They would have travelled for ten quiet minutes through the woods when the voice whispered again at the back of Witcher's mind. You had a good answer, back there, it said. It was quiet enough that Witcher could ignore it or lose it amongst the background noise of the sleeping Edgewood if he so wished. Very pleasant. Very respectful. Keep that level head about you, Witcher-Steele, and you will find what you are looking for.

Still, for the most part his search was a quiet one. There would be two separate false alarms, of electricity filling the air with a low buzzing sound in the ear and the scent of ozone drifting from the forest, that would be caused by dens of dedenne and emolga. Both were high in their trees, and both would be fast asleep. After the nest of emolga, Witcher would have to light the second candle as well, the first having been burned completely clean.

But on the third scent and taste of crackling electricity in the air, a full two hours after leaving Blackwell's representative, Anael's nose and ears - as well as Witcher's own senses - would lead them true.

The buneary led them both down a smaller off-shoot of the trail skirting the edges of the Edgewood, marred with sharp rocks underfoot that threatened to shift beneath their weight and that led them down a steep hill. Still, the both of them - as well as any of Witcher's team that he'd released on their way here - would be able to pass without injury or incident.

At the end of the small path there was a small clearing within the trees, just large enough to contain smaller underbrush and bushes that surrounded several large boulders that loomed taller than Witcher's head in the dark. Low to the ground by his ankles and tucked away behind one of the scraggly and new-leaf bushes, he'd be able to make out an opening between two rocks just large enough to fit his arm through. The electricity there would cause the hair to rise on his arms and the back of his neck.

The boulders and its small cave were also the only source of noise in the copse. The sounds of the nocturnal pokemon in the rest of the Edgewood was quiet and background noise; with the lantern, Witcher would be able to see that the only ones still awake in the immediate vicinity of this clearing would be himself and his pokemons.

He would also still have an entire candle left in the lantern, a good portion of the second, and the rest of the night to make his next move.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 01:52 AM
| Quote |


Expert Handler
******
Background Mods
Total Posts: 766
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.


Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6




[OOC: Not sure how Azrael's injury should be dealt with in travels as it happened travels-wise while he was in his pokeball, but I'm assuming either way that Leslie nor his team is surprised by his appearance.]

[Egg count: 5]

Having been handed the lantern, he shrugged and went on his way - the lady wouldn't offer more information, but that was okay. Either he'd pass, which he hoped was true, or he'd fail and he'd deserve it - there was no point in antagonizing his contact with the Order. Ever. Not if he wanted to keep living, and especially if he wanted to join forces with them.

He supposed that the lantern was supposed to be a mixture of light source and time limit - he had three candlesticks, one lit and two not, that put out just enough light to make him able to traverse the night. With its help, he managed to follow Anael and later Barrattiel. He heard the psychic voice, didn't try to tune it out, but stayed focused and didn't answer - it was dark and both of his Pokemon nearly blended in with the forest. They were small and fast, and didn't particularly care to try and keep him close to them, so it took quite a bit of focus to keep up and not get stuck.

Eventually, they found two separate electric-type nests - both high in a tree, first Dedenne then Emolga. He congratulated his two on their attempts to find what he asked for, but had to ask more of them - neither of the nests were of the right Pokemon, after all. The second find marked when he had to pause and light the second candle, but he wasn't worried yet - Tynamo weren't the most common of Pokemon, and he still had a good chunk of night left in terms of his time limit.

And then, his Pokemon led him true. He stood, staring at the rock, for several long minutes. The hole was tiny, smaller than either of his Pokemon he had out, and there was a high likelihood that he'd end up shocked if he reached in; this would take a little bit of thought, to make sure the Tynamo didn't get away. First off, he circled the brush-covered den, making sure there were no other visible entrances or exits - he could only hope that the hole didn't extend deeper, but by the fact that he could feel the presence of an electric-type from the surface, he could only assume it didn't go very deep.

"Well done, you two," Leslie said softly, nodding respectfully to both Anael and Barrattiel. Neither really acknowledged his words, but it made him feel better to have at least made the attempt. He made the decision to release the newcomer, Azrael, to the party - he was the only Pokemon on his team that might be able to prevent the Pokemon from fleeing, if that's what it came to. He eyed the little Pokemon briefly, noting that it was actually somehow bigger than either of the others, and nodded to himself.

"This...could get hairy, really quickly. This is likely a den of Tynamo, not just a single one, so keep your wits about you - we only need one, but we might be in a fight against more than that.

Azrael, you're the one to keep it here. If one shows its face, use Infestation - we can't have them all running away, now can we? Be prepared, hit it with everything you can once it's stuck dealing with the Infestation.

Barrattiel, I want you to try and lure Tynamo out with Thunderbolt - just please, don't have it hit any of us. If that doesn't work...try Digging it out - but if it shows itself, be prepared to attack; if you think it'll work, please try to Attract it.

Anael, you're support. Once it's out, use Helping Hand to help one of your allies, then whatever you think will help keep it in check. As I asked of Barrattiel - if you think it'll work, try to Attract it.

But overall, watch your backs and the backs of your allies if you can. Don't forget: we don't want to kill it, just weaken it - and we just need the one."
He nodded respectfully to his group, even as most of them completely ignored his words and stared in the hole; unless it proved necessary, there was no way he was just going to blindly grope in a hole where a Tynamo may or may not be resting. He did make sure, however, to pull out an extra shirt of his - he didn't have a cage on him at that moment, but the shirt would work as a makeshift way to keep the Tynamo contained in the short term, once it was weak enough.

With any luck, this would be over quickly - but he knew it was chancy. If all else failed, he was prepared to risk his safety to get the creature out; if this worked, though, it would be far safer for all involved. His hand touched his one remaining pokeball as he backed off a safe distance, then nodded to Barrattiel - unless it proved necessary, there was no way he was risking his half-water Pokemon against one built of electricity.

There was also the chance that there were more than one in there, but well...there wasn't much he could do about that, other than keep his wits. If push came to shove, they should be able to get out of there - but with its rarity, hopefully there would only be one or two. Hopefully. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair - hopefully there wouldn't be too many more than that.

---

Leslie: Standing to the side of the small clearing, watching carefully with the lantern light over his Pokemon - will step in only once a Tynamo is weak enough and/or fainted, has a spare shirt to tangle the electric-type in so he doesn't directly touch it

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/451skorupi.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Azrael
- Prepared with Infestation to prevent at least one Tynamo from fleeing - will only attack once at least one Tynamo is visible
- Intends to hit with Leer then Poison Tail after Infestation

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/427buneary.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Barratiel
- Prepared to use Thunderbolt to try and lure Tynamo out (logic being electric-types being attracted to elecricity, but I could be wrong or heck, they could be deeply asleep)
- Will refuse to use Dig if Thunderbolt doesn't work, instead choosing to use Frustration to power him attacking the boulders, intending to tear apart the den (or make a larger hole, which is quite a bit more likely considering the size of the boulders) [only if Thunderbolt doesn't lure Tynamo out]
- If Tynamo is lured out by Thunderbolt, will instead use Hidden Power (ground, medium)
- Will attempt Attract if Tynamo is revealed no matter which gender

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/133eevee.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
Anael
- Will start out with Double Team, doesn't want to get hurt if it can be avoided
- If Thunderbolt lures out Tynamo, will use Helping Hand to boost Barratiel's Hidden Power; otherwise, will use Double Team again while watching Barrattiel's attempts
- If Tynamo still isn't revealed or at least accessible from Barratiel's efforts, will use Dig - intent not to harm, but to make Tynamo accessible; if Tynamo is revealed, will attempt to Attract it

[-crosses fingers that it's not a swarm-]

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Edith
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Leslie Witcher-Steele
Profile | Travels | Tracker


PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 05:15 PM
| Quote |


judge of the stables
*******
Admin
Total Posts: 1009
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.


Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Seung Han, Iuchra Nic Longáin (Retired)

Awards: 1




{ 0.7 EXP for you! /rubs hands

Edit: with the PCR redeem Leslie levels up! However, for the sake of this battle/mission your pokemons's moves and stats will be frozen as they were before the redemption. All active-party pokemon gain two levels; Nathanael learns Bubble Beam and Anael learns Baby-Doll Eyes. Don't forget to add three additional egg counts in your next post! }

.

When Witcher had given his directions and his pokemon had followed them, everything happened at once.

The Thunderbolt lured out a pokemon all right, but what Barratiel had probably not been intending when he released the crackle of energy was the loud rumble, more localized than a storm on the horizon. Not a moment after there was something shifting in the shadows, before an eelektrik burst out of the mouth of the den into the light that Witcher's lantern cast, hovering in the air.

Anael's Attract did not work on it, but Barratiel's would. The eelektrik's head swiveled to him, eyes widening - then it, she, shook herself. She looked very confused.

Something chirruped in the cave, which Witcher might recognize as being of the eelektross line, and the eelektrik turned toward it. Any ground-type move sent in its direction would fizzle and die out before it could hit, or in the case of Hidden Power, pass through it completely. The electric-type did not seem to notice this, and instead hovered in the area directly in front of the mouth of the cave, taking up a defensive position. She keened once, high and ringing.

And after, kept glancing back and forth between Barratiel and some other point in the woods, as if waiting for something.

Oh. The voice sounded actually surprised, but faint. So you did find one. Better than expected, Witcher-Steele. But watch out for the mother - we don't want to disrupt the population.

Witcher would not have much time to examine the fact that the voice had changed, mid-word, before there was a rustling beyond the trees. There was a great shadow there, and by the sound of the underbrush, it was heavy, imposing, and steadily moving closer.


.

Well you got someone's attention, at least
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/603.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif Lv. ???
Levitate
- Mama Eelektrik (?)
- currently under Barratiel's Attract
- hovering in front of the den, confused

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 12:00 AM
| Quote |


Expert Handler
******
Background Mods
Total Posts: 766
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.


Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6




[Egg count: 6 + 3 (level up) = 9]

This...wasn't what he was hoping for. He supposed that, on the one hand, it had been confirmed that this was the den of some Tynamo - but he hadn't thought about the parents. He...he couldn't fight, there was no way - Eelektrik would demolish his team, unless they were sneaky instead of on the offensive. He watched as their attacks did nothing, and could only be glad that the Eelektrik was confused as it was by Barrattiel's efforts to keep its attention - he supposed this must be Mama, then.

The way she called out and the forest rustled in response - Papa must not be too far, then. "Anael, keep an eye out if you can, okay? I'm gonna...well, try and keep everything under control." With any luck, she'd catch the hidden message - with Mama out and alert, he didn't dare speak what he meant, not really. So far she seemed lost and confused as to why they were there - suspicious, yes, but not attacking - not yet, anyways. So he thought as quickly as he could. He took the Voice's advice into consideration, putting aside (for now) the way it changed mid-sentence - he was to get the Tynamo only, if there was one, and not harm the parents; this was something he was glad of, as there was no way, not if Mama was an Eelektrik, for him to take down the parents as he was.

None of his Pokemon had the sheer strength - especially, and he hit himself mentally for forgetting it, when they had the ability to ignore ground-type attacks. Levitate meant they were immune to their one weakness - so unless he could get that ability away from them, which he couldn't with his current team, he was stuck. Things...weren't looking great for him, at that moment.

"Why hello there, sweetums, fancy meeting you out here!" Barrattiel, ever the flirt, did what he could to keep the Mama's attention on him - hopefully it would at least prove a distraction, even though it was dangerous. His eyes were wide with surprise, but he didn't let panic overcome his wits - the Eelektrik hadn't outright attacked, just called out for its mate, after all. Hopefully...hopefully this could be salvaged, still. "Why would one such as you be hiding in a hole like that, I wonder?"

"We aren't here to hurt you or your young, lovely," Leslie said softly, smoothly, hands held down but to either side - so that she could see them, if she tried, as he kept them free from weapons. He kept his eyes lowered respectfully, not wanting her to think he was challenging her by meeting her eyes, but kept them carefully directed towards the ground near her - he wouldn't look fully away, but neither would he outright challenge her. "We didn't even know you were hiding in there, you know?" He nodded gently towards the Eelektrik's den, and made sure to regulate his breathing - not breathing too fast, or too slow.

He couldn't let himself panic, not overtly so, just in case they had to make a quick escape. There was a huge chance that she wouldn't believe him, that she would attack anyways; he was human, after all, and she had to know she and her baby - or babies - were rare, or at least hunted after. Not everything had been lost, yet, but it wasn't necessarily going well - why couldn't it have been the child, instead of the mother, who had gotten curious and peeked out?

"It was a mistake, pretty one - I wasn't after you or your children, I thought you were something else in there." It was a big lie, and a fairly obvious one, but at the same time it was completely, 100% true - he hadn't wanted to coax out an Eelektrik, just a Tynamo or two, and had he thought the Mama or Papa would be home...well, he certainly wouldn't have disturbed this den. "But now that I see you, see your power - is there anything I can do for you, that would let me see one of your children?" It was risky, terribly so, and there was no way for her to talk to him with words - there was no psychic, not even an Amulet in his possession, that could translate their words back and forth to limit confusion. And yet, he had to try - had a psychic presence in his mind, in fact, that reminded him that he had a job to do here. If he pulled this off - well, it might just make him look all the better.

"We are here to look, pretty, not take - never take. It's just - you're the first Eelektrik I've seen, especially here, and I can't help but wonder what your little ones look like, you know? That- that's why we used electricity, you see? We wondered - we couldn't help but be curious, what electricity-wielder would hide in a hole in a rock like this?" He rambled a bit, but hopefully it wouldn't get him killed - Barrattiel slowly moved towards his side, while Anael kept an eye out just in case; she was the best chance at...distracting Papa, if there was one coming, after all. Azrael kept to the side, watching but not involving himself - his role was clear in this: to keep Tynamo, if one was sighted, nearby and not fleeing. It was dangerous, and he didn't dare attack - but he'd keep an eye on the den. He wouldn't move to enter, too wary of the Mama to dare, nor would he attack a Tynamo if it showed itself while she was near - but he was wary, he was ready, and he would act...when the time was right.

"If not, beautiful, strong one - then I'll have to suffer in peace. But I can't help my curiosity - will you let me see?"

There was a huge chance that this would backfire, or that the Eelektrik would completely ignore him, or that Papa would come from behind and kill him - but with any luck, something good would come of this. He made sure to be as nonthreatening as he could manage with his body language - the literal last thing he wanted to do here was get himself, or his team, killed.

---

[OOC: In essence, trying to BS-talk his way out of a fight he has no chance of winning. If Papa shows up, his words will be aimed at both of them, with whatever phrasing modification would be necessary to encompass both Mama and Papa (mostly making words plural, and not directed just at the female he sees currently).]

Anael: Keeping an eye out, ready to Attract if Papa shows his face whether Eelektrik listens to his words or not; will act much as Barrattiel is towards Mama, but towards Papa, to keep them both distracted

Barrattiel: Keeping an eye on mama, flirting outrageously to distract her - hoping Leslie's words don't backfire; if Eelektrik ignores Leslie, will continue flirting to keep her distracted and something else will have to be done

Azrael: Watching and waiting. Ready to pounce when the time is right, but will do [i]nothing
if a Tynamo shows itself and Mama or Papa is near enough to defend it.

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Edith
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Leslie Witcher-Steele
Profile | Travels | Tracker


PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 11:11 PM
| Quote |


judge of the stables
*******
Admin
Total Posts: 1009
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.


Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Seung Han, Iuchra Nic Longáin (Retired)

Awards: 1




{ 0.6 EXP for you! }

.

The eelektrik skreed, sounding confused, with her attention fixated on Barratiel. By the end of his sentence, though, she had shaken herself as if jolting flies off her scales, and was now hovering in front of the den entrance in a subtle crackle of electricity. If she understood Witcher’s words, it was not apparent from her behavior.

Something peeked out of the underbrush, then, from behind the den. The light from the lantern that Witcher held did not extend very far, nor did the stray static from the eelektrik illuminate much beyond her own scales and shadow; it would be difficult to see, especially with an altered night vision from having the candles. But Witcher would be able to hear it, all the same; a quiet rumbling, more questioning than anything else. It did not venture close enough for Anael or Barratiel to see, or to tempt with an Attract.

Didn’t you wonder?

The voice rebounded, as if it had been projected, not simply tucked into Witcher’s mind. His pokemons would be able to hear it as a low murmur, and ignore it as they pleased. It sounded, curiously, like it was coming from the direction where the heavy twig-breaking noises in the underbrush had been. And it sounded like the woman from the inn and from earlier, who had assigned him this task.

The eelektrik wheeled its - her - head around, looking for the source of the voice. She looked panicked; aroused from sleep in the middle of the night by a Thunderbolt, Attract’d into confusion in front of her home with questionable status of children, and now confronted by a man with a lantern in hand and an array of pokemons working with him, she’d debated between fight or flight.

Why capture without a pokeball, with no cage? With nowhere to hold it?

And she chose fight. Witcher’s lantern would be outshone by the sudden Discharge that briefly lit up the night, which did nothing to conceal the Thunder Wave that hurtled off and made contact with Barratiel. In the underbrush, there was a brief thud, as if something had hurtled into another object at high speed. But in the dark and with an agitated eelektrik, neither Witcher - nor his pokemon - would have the light nor the time to observe further.


.

Battle!
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/603.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 40
- broke Attract
- used Thunder Wave on Barratiel
- used Discharge, low-powered and non-attacking, to create space between herself, Azrael, and Anael
- confused

Leslie's Team
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/451skorupi.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 5
- fine, likely rattled
- driven back about three feet by the Discharge

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/427buneary.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 7
- hit by Thunder Wave
- Paralyzed

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/133eevee.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 7
- fine, likely rattled
- driven back about three feet by the Discharge

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 07:08 AM
| Quote |


Expert Handler
******
Background Mods
Total Posts: 766
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.


Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6




[Egg count: 10 + 3 from levelling + 6 from PCR (at least 4 were processed as egg counts in his profile, other 2 are currently waiting for processing) = 19! Getting so close now~]

Leslie should have predicted this - absolutely could have, as well, had he properly thought things through. Talking down a wild Pokemon was tricky, and not something he'd actively tried before. He had no real experience with it - and now, he and his team seemed to be about to pay the price for his stupidity. There was still something out there, rustling just out of sight, and Mama Eelektrik looked Confused, yes - but also very, very angry. They'd been lucky so far, just getting hit with a mild Thunder Wave and having been pushed back by a quick Discharge - but that luck wouldn't hold out. So he had to think quickly, else risk losing everything to his stupidity.

"Of course I wondered," he muttered to himself, even as he did his best to project the thought to the presence he could still feel. He wasn't sure what they were doing, or what their plan was, but he felt vaguely reassured that they were at least watching. Of course, that also meant they were witnessing the results of his stupidity - but well, there was nothing he could do about that. He wondered, for a brief moment, where his supposed smarts had gone, moments before - then refocused. Now wasn't the time, and definitely wasn't the place, to berate himself.

"No way to keep it, no way to control it - of course I wondered. But it was asked of me." He said this in a way that made it seem like that would explain everything - and in a way, it did. "It was asked of me to do this task to prove my worth, so no matter how odd I found it - still find it, in fact - I knew I had to do my best to follow through." He shook his head just slightly - not trying to shake out the psychic presence, he knew he couldn't do that, but to get his priorities straight in his mind. Survival first, reply to whatever was on the other end of that psychic link second.

"Scatter!" he called out sharply, followed by two sharp whistles. It wasn't an order that was followed instantly - not only did most of the Pokemon out not trust him, but they were startled and confused from the Discharge followed by Barrattiel getting hit by a Thunder Wave, and on top of that, there was this strange voice they could hear now. After a few long moments, though, Azrael at least managed to shake off the scare and Dig as quickly as he could towards safety; Anael followed suit just after, with Barrattiel - fighting full paralyzation as he did so - trying to follow, as well. They weren't trying to attack - they'd seen what had happened before and knew it would do no good. The Eelektrik was apparently immune to their ground-type attacks, and for all they knew, whatever else was hiding in that den was as well.

Instead, they were trying to get away safely. Or, really...biding their time. If all went well, it might be assumed that they'd fled; giving the Eelektrik time to calm down seemed the best thing just at the moment. If all else failed, hopefully being underground would give some sort of protection from the electric eel's attacks. There was a chance that they would be sensed, and so they were ready to continue fleeing if necessary - after all, living would be better than dying, even if the mission failed due to it. But...for the slight chance that it was fooled - it was confused at the moment, after all - then maybe, just maybe, they'd have a chance to sneak in and find one of Mama's babies. Assuming there were any there in the first place, of course, and that there was at least one Tynamo...

This left Leslie in the open, eventually with nobody else for the electric-type to be distracted by - quite honestly, in pretty much the worst situation imaginable. There was no way he could hope to outlast the Eel, he knew that full well, and yet he did his physical best to keep the eel concentrated on him, not on his now-underground (hopefully) Pokemon. It was stupid, it was foolhardy - but it might just save his team, and they might just escape alive, if nothing else. If the Eelektrik seemed to ignore him and look after his Pokemon, he would take a moment to gather whatever was nearby on the ground, and throw it at her - the point being, to get her attention focused on him.

Again, it was stupid, and it would likely cause him untold amounts of pain - especially with what the rest of his plan was - but also again, it might get them all out alive, himself included. Once he was as sure as could be that she was paying attention to him - or after throwing the miscellaneous ground-clutter at Mama Eel - he'd take off as quickly as he could manage in the dark, with the lantern gripped as tightly as possible. It wouldn't be at a full sprint - he wasn't fully suicidal, and it was just candle-level light emitted by the strange lantern - but still, as quickly as he could manage without immediately chancing falling down a hole and dying. His eyes were adjusted to the light of the lantern, so he couldn't be sure if whatever had shown itself earlier was friend or foe or neutral - and he couldn't really be sure that he wouldn't fall and break his neck, running through the Edgewood at night - but he'd make the attempt, nevertheless.

He wouldn't run for long before releasing his Frillish - its typing would work against them if it was attacked, but Nathanael was the most likely to find this part fun, which might just work to his advantage. "We've gotta do whatever we can to lure out that Eelektrik, if we can, my friend," He'd pant out, continuing to run, and the Frillish would twirl in place and let out a strange, whispering chatter in excitement.

Nathanael would do its best to keep the Eel looking for them - even if it meant it had to attack. Nathanael's intention wasn't to damage the Eel - it was so out of his strength range he'd stand no chance, not even taking into account the typing - but to use trickery and maybe just a little bit of water to try and lure it out further. The further out they could get it, the more likely one of the three semi-loyal Pokemon behind might obey and try to lure out a Tynamo. At this point, the three underground wouldn't attack said Tynamo - they didn't want to risk Mama overhearing and investigating - but they'd do their best to lure it out with words; if that didn't work, then Attract had proved useful against the Eelektrik...

---

[OOC: Sorry if this is awkward to read, there's a lot of if-this-happens and if-it-doesn't that went into the thinking of this...]

Anael (who might still have doubles from Double Team), Azrael, and Barrattiel intend to use Dig to get underground to (relative) safety. Each understands they're supposed to wait a bit, then cautiously peek out and see if Mama Eel left; if she has, they're supposed to try and lure out whatever's still in the den in the hopes that it's a Tynamo and can be lured into following them - of the three, Azrael's most likely to follow through on this, though Anael might as well just to try and make a friend (not to obey Leslie's wishes) and Barrattiel might just to spite the Mama Eel that had shocked him.

Leslie, meanwhile, is attempting to go on a crazy stupid in-the-dark chase with Mama Eel on his heels (attempting to get Mama to follow and leave the den unguarded). He releases Nathanael to help him with this attempt at some point; Nathanael isn't willing to risk his life in an outright attack, but is willing to at least attempt to get the Eel to follow them with trickery and blasts of water.

If this all fails, the three underground (if that part succeeds) will dig a safe distance away and regroup with the others and try and figure out plan B.

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Edith
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Leslie Witcher-Steele
Profile | Travels | Tracker


PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 02:26 PM
| Quote |


judge of the stables
*******
Admin
Total Posts: 1009
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.


Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Seung Han, Iuchra Nic Longáin (Retired)

Awards: 1




{ 0.6 EXP for you! And, my friend, I must say the dice were with you on this one. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/3.png }

.

At Leslie's order, Azrael dove for the ground first, Anael and her copies quickly following suit. Barratiel had a far more difficult time of it, the Paralysis still in effect and limiting his control of his limbs, but he managed to Dig down to safety as well. The eelektrik seemed confused at their actions until Witcher started running.

She screeched as he did, though she did not move. Nathanael took Witcher's orders to heart and attempted to sway her with what power he had - but he was a ghost-type, not a psychic, and it was only half of his typing. What minor illusions he could conjure were limited to being frightening rather than provoking; and in his excitement, Nathanael summoned mere shades of his attempts at tynamo, bleeding and broken.

It was the frillish's illusions that drove the eelektrik to move, and she did so with all the speed that Levitate granted her. She did not trip over stones or roots like Witcher did, and her chase was driven by not fear but rage. He would hear her infuriated cries gaining on him, and with the swaying of the lantern the candle within threatened to flicker out-

Until something slammed into the eelektrik from below, driving a screech from her before she flipped over and shot a Thunderbolt at the intrusion. Whatever - or whoever - it was shrugged off the attack like it was nothing, and instead slammed a handful of shimmering stars into the eelektrik's stomach, knocking her out.

The voice came back, quiet but ringing with annoyance. Must you have been so rough with her?

Witcher's unexpected ally waited a long moment before rising from its crouch, though it then eyed the man himself, dismissing the frillish with him with but a glance. It was a sandslash, Witcher would be able to see, hiding in the dark with ease but not flinching away from the lantern light cast towards it.

And then, from the woman's voice again: Come back to the den, Leslie. Don't worry about the mother; Ren will stay with her until we are ready to leave. You've passed your test.

The sandslash - Ren - would merely blink at Witcher and Nathanael as they took their leave, back the same way they'd so desperately ran.

.

Mere moments after Witcher took off running in hopes of - and succeeding in - drawing the eelektrik to follow him, a lilligant emerged from the woods, floating over the ground with ease despite the near absence of light. She eyed the holes that Witcher's three pokemon had left in their hasty Digs with curiosity, but before she could venture closer a woman appeared out of the trees from the direction she'd appeared from, her own steps lit by Will-o-Wisps.

The woman was in the middle of kneeling before the den and inspecting it when Witcher arrived, ignoring both his and his pokemon's appearance into the open, if they had been brave enough to venture out again. It was only once he had settled his team that she rolled up from her crouch in one smooth movement that she said without preamble: "The tynamo are still asleep. Good job, Leslie. Fiona?"

The lilligant floated over to her side, movements even and stride careful, before she reached out and blew yellow dust into the den. The woman stayed long enough to see the dust settle in whatever forms were down in the den before she turned.

"You did better than I expected," she said. In the flickering light from Witcher's lantern and the Will-o-wisps, whose creator was nowhere to be seen, she looked eerie and distant - but mildly, marginally impressed. "We will have an assignment for you two days from now. I will be your primary contact for the foreseeable future; you may call me Alena. I look forward to seeing more of your work, Leslie."

Alena would give Witcher only a few moments to pose his questions, if he had any, before she disappeared into the forest, taking her lilligant with her. If he ventured back to where he and Nathanael had left the eelektrik behind, Witcher would find that both she - and the sandslash - were gone as well.


.

You now have a two-day timeskip to take, if you wish, before your next mission!

Leslie earns an additional +1 EXP for "winning" the fight with Mama Eelektrik. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/3.png

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 02:05 PM
| Quote |


Expert Handler
******
Background Mods
Total Posts: 766
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.


Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6




[Egg count: 20! Let's hatch an eggie~]

---

Not only had Witcher's attempt not caused any injuries, it had actually worked. His Pokemon dug underground just as quickly as he'd trained them to, getting to safety, and he fled without being hurt. Nathanael managed to get the Eel to leave her den, chasing after them - he wasn't entirely sure how, having been a bit too busy running in the dark and not killing himself doing so - but that wasn't a big deal. He'd succeeded.

And what felt like the very moment that the Eel had left her nest, gaining quickly on him due to him stumbling on what felt like every tiny bit of rock or root or whatever that lay hidden on the ground - right as he was certain he was going to be electrocuted to death - something burst from the ground, distracting the Eel. He knew immediately that it wasn't one of his own - the movement as it burst from the ground just didn't sound right, and the fact that the Eel's retaliation seemed to just splash off the Pokemon was a huge tell - and as he stumbled around, he watched as the Sandslash managed to knock out the danger.

He allowed himself a mere moment to catch his breath, wincing at the scolding The Voice gave him. Sorry, it was the first thing I thought of that might get her away... Even his thought felt more than a little bit sheepish, much as he felt now that he realized the sort of backup that he had - at the same time, he hadn't been sure he really had the backup before. He had been lucky that he had said backup, though - he held no illusions as to what likely would have happened, had he tried that on his own. The Eel had been faster, more agile, than he'd expected. It wasn't a Pokemon he'd had much experience with in the past...but it did teach him to never underestimate a Pokemon in the future. He thought he'd learned that before, but clearly, he hadn't; it was pure luck that he hadn't been hurt, that none of his team had been hurt.

He simply nodded in response to the next words tossed his direction, the instructions to return to the den he'd just fled from. He took a moment to nod respectfully to the Sandslash, before obeying. He'd obey, as he'd obeyed everything thus far, for the same reason he'd given before: because this was the place he put himself, understanding the danger that he had placed himself in. He chose this, chose to place himself under the control of someone else instead of leading his own life. The Order wasn't a safe choice, wasn't really a sane choice in many cases. But he'd made his choice, he'd stick by his choice. He had passed his test and was now part of the Order.

He contemplated all of this as he headed back to the den. "Well done, Nathanael. Thank you," He nodded with respect to the half-ghost, before recalling the Pokemon. Nathanael had done his part, and he was grateful: but for the moment, the Pokemon was given something approaching rest.

The travel back to the den, where he wasn't trying to run as fast as he could without breaking his neck, took quite a bit longer than expected.

---

Soon enough, he was back in the small-ish clearing once again. He whistled sharply, three times, upon seeing that his Pokemon were still underground - with quiet rumbles and scratches, all three of his underground Pokemon revealed themselves. He wasn't too surprised to find that none of them had followed the secondary objective - hadn't tried to go after the Tynamo themselves - because the personal bond he held with them wasn't very strong in the first place. They had focused more on their personal safety than on the overarching goal. The reminder that their bonds needed work gave only the slightest bit of mental twinge. He was getting used to that, unfortunate though the fact was.

As his Pokemon revealed themselves, he recalled each - except Anael, who charged forward to stand just at his side before he could, and glared up at him when he started to pull out her pokeball. He shrugged and let her stay out, turning her attention to his new Handler. He listened patiently to her words, quietly acknowledging what she said without asking questions. She would be the Order member that he dealt with to get his missions, then - he was perfectly okay with that, to be honest. Though this had merely been a test, she'd had his back when he'd needed it, even if it had been in a quiet, unassuming sort of way.

"Only one question for now, my Lady. Will I find you somewhere in two days, or will you find me?"

After her answer, he'd watch her disappear silently before heading on his own way. Two days of freedom to do what he wanted, before being sucked back in? He wasn't sure what he'd even do with that time, actually. It might seem like a long time, but really - it wasn't. He frowned in thought, wondering what to do with the sudden free time. He eyed his pokeballs for half a moment before nodding to himself - that was clearly a good place to start.

Plus, perhaps he'd find something interesting to do, to pass the time?

---

[OOC: Sticking Round One of Rose Bowl (if not all of RB but Time) in here, so Azrael's injury is now IC in travels. Everything in his profile should be current now, too (mostly in terms of Pokemon, as the rest doesn't make much of a difference).]

Unsurprisingly, two days seemed to simply fly. Before he knew it, it was time to check in - so he made sure he was available exactly as he'd been ordered to. Anael was at his feet, scampering after him, with the new acquisition following her - instead of just one Eevee, Leslie now found himself with two. Anael and Nuriel, and the new Eevee seemed to have taken a liking to his first one; they seemed to generally be inseparable playmates, much to his ire. But he was doing his best to keep to his promises. They were kept safe, well fed, and out of their pokeballs as much as was realistically possible - there were some situations where they just couldn't be out.

He found himself with a few other acquisitions as well, the most important to him of which he kept unstrung in its case across his back along with his other supplies. He'd been looking for a new bow in the first place, but...well. He couldn't pass up the opportunity to own a special bow when it was offered to him. However, not all was well with him and his Pokemon - in fact, one of his Pokemon had a rather nasty wound now, one he still wasn't sure how to deal with. It was scary, but...they would survive, and be stronger on the other side, for all of the struggles.

But anyways. He did his best to stay alert and ready for anything, but knew it was likely a futile effort - as his Handler had shown previously, he was not always going to be prepared for what was to come.

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Edith
Profile | Travels | Tracker


Leslie Witcher-Steele
Profile | Travels | Tracker


PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Edgewood | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic |


 


 


RNG & Word Counter


Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten deep in the meadow {warriors}


CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.