Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

What do you think about your mod?, Let us know!
Panic
 Posted: Oct 26 2012, 07:06 PM
| Quote |

The Dance Commander.
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 436
Member No. 429
Joined on 10-July 12.

Characters:
Guy Durandal

Awards: None

So a few of the mods here were noticing (mainly Carnivale because she's a genius and we all love her) that we all have different writing styles. The entire staff does and every single member has a writing style that we all appreciate and try our best to play well with. What I'm asking is that everyone take a second to rate the staff members that have updated them before. (and by rate I mean describe to us how you see our style, what you take from it, and how you think we update)

Metronome and a few of us think this will help better us as staff, thus making journeys that much more quality and things that much more fun for everyone!

Example- Metronome has a witty and humorous charm that she plays in her updates. She's quite enjoyable to role play with because of ______.

Tell us how you feel so we can work on things as much as possible to better everyone's experience!

--------------------
Guy Durandal

Journey | Profile

lairon leafeon alakazam
grotle elekid charizard
| PM || Email || Site |
^
Moth
 Posted: Oct 26 2012, 08:35 PM
| Quote |

the Rain-loving Volcarona
Background Mods
Total Posts: 778
Member No. 33
Joined on 19-September 11.

Characters:
Alphaea Schneider, Apollo Schilde

Awards: 5

NOOOOOO PLEASE DON'T KILL ME

*is made to shut up by Apollo and Ripple*

--------------------
| PM |
^
Deoxys Theory
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 03:17 PM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Members
Total Posts: 82
Member No. 783
Joined on 7-January 13.

Characters:
N/A

Leza is a very fun updater who is also very punctual. Leza makes the scenery and characters around you very enjoyable, even those who play no particularly important role are interesting and have a strong presence in her posts. She also does -very- well with planning, and I can see connections between what she posted weeks ago coming into play all the time. I think she takes a lot of time to get to know your character and she has never disappointed me in my travels. Every challenge has been honed specifically to my character and there hasn't been a single dull moment.

That's all for today! I need to spend more time with other mods before I come to any other conclusions, but as this thread is sitting here stickied I thought I would contribute to it, and maybe others would follow.

--------------------

user posted image - user posted image - user posted image
| PM |
^
Panic
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 03:52 PM
| Quote |

The Dance Commander.
Total Posts: 436
Member No. 429
Joined on 10-July 12.

Characters:
Guy Durandal

Thanks for that, Deoxys Theory! I love Leza updates as well. She controls every situation and gives several options for where things can go, never letting someone feel trapped or forced into a situation.

--------------------
Guy Durandal

Journey | Profile

lairon leafeon alakazam
grotle elekid charizard
| PM || Email || Site |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 03:54 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 859
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Awards: 3

Okay, I've been updated by lots of mods, but I feel like I only know Gryphon, Grimm, and Carni's styles well enough to comment on them.

Gryphon - Makes me wistful. There's always description of the world around the character - and it's normally in a few quick sentences woven nicely into the fabric of the post. It feels a bit like the Studio Ghibli films, where you're completely immersed in this other world but there's all these glimpses of other stories in the world that you want to explore and know you never will.

Grimm - I said this before, but he just has such lovely, elegant writing that shows and doesn't tell so well that I want to hug him for it. Really, all of Grimm's writing is as clear as glass without ever outright explaining to me what's happening. Nothing messy here, nothing wasted. It flows nicely as well, like reading from a book.

Carni - She focuses mostly of character like me. And she has a reason to do that, because her characters are lovely, quirky and sweet in strange ways, the kind of people you'd love to meet. She talks to us, never breaking the fourth wall but adding in her own opinions on how the character's travels are going. It's amusing, and helps spark ideas - I feel like her updates are at least 30% plotting sessions.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Chase
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 07:31 PM
| Quote |

I know nothing
Total Posts: 750
Member No. 815
Joined on 20-January 13.

Characters:
Johann Schnee | Chase Redwood (Retired) | Oliver Spearow (Retired)

Gryph has had me claimed for quite a bit, so I will describe how awesome she is.

Gryphon's updates have always made me smile. I've always looked forward to them because of how she describes her scenery and action scenes. She writes a novel every time I get an update, making it very easy for me to write back and challenging me to write a reply that is just as long, if not longer. I would also like to commend her on her ability to control up to eight different characters at one time - an incredibly difficult feat.

All in all, I love Gryph and I couldn't have asked for a better mod. <3

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image user posted image
| PM || Email |
^
Adelulf
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 12:34 PM
| Quote |

Tier 4 or Die Trying
Banned
Total Posts: 742
Member No. 1545
Joined on 8-April 14.

Characters:
Leodel "Leo" Degen, Rodric Steiner "Hatchet", Reva of Fough

Awards: 4

Okay, so this is just to bump this back up to the top of the page considering a long time has passed since this was last touched. In light of all the changes to the mods since then I figured bringing this back to the light would be a decent idea, because I for one would love member feedback to make myself better at updating and I think others would as well.

--------------------
My Split Personalities
| PM |
^
Flight
 Posted: Jul 30 2015, 04:51 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Total Posts: 1014
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Seung Han, Iuchra Nic Longáin

Awards: 1

It has been almost a year, and I am seconding this motion. Like Adelulf said, I would love to get any feedback about my updates, and how I can improve! (Please don't be afraid to hurt my feelings, guys. I promise I won't bite. <3)

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
Astraea
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 06:52 PM
| Quote |

张开双手 变成翅膀
Background Mods
Total Posts: 185
Member No. 2280
Joined on 12-August 16.

Characters:
Adrian Carlisle, Silas Arington, Elena Ayton (Retired)

Well. I just found this, and I've only really had updates by Arty but I'll comment on Flight's starter post on Adrian (JK NOW THAT I LOOK BACK FLIGHT UPDATED ME TWICE AND KAYWALT DID TOO smacks my poor memory) because they were asking never mind the fact that this thread has been dead for a year and a half.

Flight! I loved your starter on Adrian and it made me so excited to start playing him. The inclusion of people so soon after he made his escape made it really interesting since he hadn't interacted with anyone in so long. It definitely made me as a roleplayer conflicted on what to do because naturally Adrian wouldn't want to talk with them but I kinda forced an encounter bc I was curious oops. Also, I can say this about almost anyone here but I absolutely adore your writing style -- it just really drew me in and it makes for a great read. It definitely opened my eyes to the quality of Harper writing!

And of course, Arty! I always look forward to your updates because you manage to put something new and exciting in each one. I literally never know what's coming and I always have such a hard time deciding what to do. Your updates make me conflicted in the best way http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png And of course, your writing is amazing as well. Your updates are brilliant and I'm really happy you've been updating Adrian for so long http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png

--------------------
Adrian James Carlisle | Freelance Rogue
Profile | Travels | Training | Development | PCR
Thread Tracker | Goals | Dream Team
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Silas Arington | Ex-Assassin Guardian
Profile | Travels | Training | Development
Thread Tracker | Goals | Dream Team
user posted image

Elena Ayton | Retired Handler
Profile | Travels | Training | PCR | Dream Team

user posted image user posted image user posted image
| PM |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 08:22 PM
| Quote |

The Sultan/Paladin of Salads
Background Mods
Total Posts: 562
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Let'sssssssss why not? Maybe I'll get to the rest of y'all someday, but I have to put this shout-out for my favorite travels updater.

Jade - Yeah, you Jade. Seriously, no matter what you think about what you do or post Jade, never think that you're making a bad post - I feel every single post I've gotten from you has been amazing in at least one way - usually more! I seriously enjoy Hadrian's travels so much that I'm always waiting in anticipation for the next exciting installment! Even when I'm unsure or nervous about things (like current travels) you're always able to help me out when you can! (And you did help me at a point when for a while, my grammar was a bit more sloppy while I recovered from a serious concussion and helped me take time to get my grammar back up to a level I felt better about... so thanks!) I'm probably biased since I've had you in my travels for what feels like the longest time now, but thanks Jade. Every time I get an update I get excited and I try to see what you post, even when I'm busy. I usually am able to get a very clear picture as to what is happening with your post every time you make an update, and that's something I consider amazing. When writing a story, one of the hardest things to do is to make something that enables someone to visualize what is happening in the situation and then be able to try to see how their character reacts to the stimuli given. Seriously, your posts are amazing Jade - thanks for being my updater all this time and if there ever comes a time where you won't be my updater, I'll be very sad but know that it was a fun experience.

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

Carni: Nothing is impossible as long as there's enough BS to cushion it.
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Amakiir
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 05:27 PM
| Quote |

Houseplant Diglett
Members
Total Posts: 289
Member No. 1667
Joined on 22-June 14.

Characters:
Denzil Heath / Gwyn Elijah

Awards: 2

I have to agree with Koro on this. Jadez and Kaia both (You too Koro http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/7.png) are an absolute treat to write with. You can also expect to see some twist to the story that you didn't expect, but still gives you confidence to sit at your keyboard and say 'Let's do this'.

There have honestly been a few times I see a reply waiting in Travels and start dreading the worst, but never with you guys! You're always willing to work with the person to make the story better, actually listening to what we have to say and help put concerns to rest, and the most important in my book: You guys are freaking patient <3

You really make writing here on Harper a complete joy, so keep up the good work! Please??

A special shoutout goes to W for working straight though the break, snatching up those Travel requests, giving us the King's Preserve to catch new little buddies, and for never giving up all while tackling that test in Japan! I'm sorry for being such a pain in the butt <3

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Amakiir
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 05:10 AM
| Quote |

Houseplant Diglett
Members
Total Posts: 289
Member No. 1667
Joined on 22-June 14.

Characters:
Denzil Heath / Gwyn Elijah

Awards: 2

(Bumping the Thread)

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.