Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Yngve Tessel's Travels, Mindir
Mindir
 Posted: Jun 22 2016, 04:59 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 767
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:
Jonna Shipston, Brenda Shiell, Yngve Tessel

Awards: 5

They listened with a worried silence, it sounded really bad and what had happened to Archibald?
"Abra has probably taken Archibald to safety," Mau said thoughtfully and Lamar nodded.
"Yes, but where are they now?" He asked.
Yngve felt relieved that it sounded like the man had managed to run away, and if he had the abra with him, it should be easy for him to teleport out of danger. The question was why he hadn't returned to the camp afterwards?
"If they have teleported away, we won't be able to find any clues about their whereabouts either," Lamar said and Yngve frowned thoughtfully as he wasn't sure he was even interested in what had happened up there, it sounded rather dangerous.
"Fivel," Yngve said quietly out loud and Lamar and Mau looked at him.
"Yes, Fivel can search for them, and Sister can probably help too," the amaura said dreamingly.
"But we don't know, where they are now either, nor if there is anything that could danger him, if he goes looking," Lamar said with a sigh and looked sadly at the tauros as she didn't like that they had to disturb the injured pokemon so much
"Fivel is in danger everywhere, I'm dangerous to him," Mau reminded him and took a step closer to the tauros to ask it a question.
"Mau?" Hazel finally managed to call out hesitantly and the amaura turned her head to look at the chespin.
"Yes?" She asked a bit absentminded and Hazel writhed nervously. She was standing beside the creek as she had went to investigate the thing the tauros had talked about it had brought along with it from Archibald.
"It's... it's as cold as you," Hazel murmured and Mau looked at her with new interest. Everything out here was so damn hot, so a thing that was cold was something worth investigating.
As Mau turned to take a look at the ice, Lamar looked apologizing at the tauros as he had a few questions he needed to get answered.
"I'm sorry I have to bother you a bit more," Lamar began apologizing, "I just want to know what it was that attacked you? And are you sure, you'll be fine out here alone?"

Mau was thrilled to see ice in this area. Real ice! Not some sluggish snow that would melt in a blink of an eye, but a clump of ice that actually was so cold it had begun to freeze the water.
The amaura splashed out into the water and threw herself up against the little ice lump and sighed with pleasure.
"This is nice!" She said dreamingly and Hazel sent her an odd look as she kept a safe distance.
Mau rubbed her back against the ice and closed her eyes pleased, but was pulled out of it, when Hazel hesitantly asked why it wasn't melting.
"I don't know," Mau answered happily, "but I'm happy it doesn't. I really needed something to cool me down."
She rolled back to her stomach, which was a bit more difficult as the ice lump had frozen to her back. Mau glanced at it before she happily rose and trotted back to the other, much more energetic now she was cooled down.
"Mau? Where did you found that?" Yngve asked worried and wanted to take it off her.
The amaura quickly moved away and refused to let Yngve try to remove it.
"It was in the water where Tauros dropped it," Mau quickly explained and Yngve froze in place when he realized he had forgotten, they could hear him too.
"He says it was Archibald's and I will take it to him and ask if I can keep it," Mau said dreamingly, "I'm feeling much better."
Yngve looked after Mau as she joined Lamar to hear what the Tauros had told and ask if they were about to leave now.

There was a awkward silence as they made themselves ready to go look for clues for Archibald.
"Will you be fine on your own?" Lamar asked the tauros worried even though he couldn't see any other option. He couldn't go very far, and Lamar couldn't carry it back to the camp, which also could take too long now they were looking for Archibald, and they couldn't stay here and wait for him to get better either.
"Wait, it can't go anywhere, can it?" Yngve protested when Mau began to lead the way she and Hazel had investigated earlier. He got a few sad looks as answer.
"Lamar tell it I won't do it any harm," Yngve said as he rummaged through his bag, hadn't the abra given him something that could be used now? He didn't like to spent too many of his precious healing items on the tauros, which was why he had kept it down to a minimum before, but since he as in charge of the researchers safety, and they surely would be displeased with him if he left one of their draft pokemon defenseless, he deemed it was necessary.
He hoped he just wouldn't need it later on, to his own pokemon.
Lamar looked curiously but quickly explained the tauros Yngve's intention when he saw the Super Potion in his hand. If the tauros would allow him to use it on him, he would do so in the hope he would be able to make his way back to the researchers on his own.
"Please ask Mimi and Fivel to join us, if you meet them," Yngve asked the tauros, if he was able to go back. Yngve didn't expect the others to have found anything interesting now they knew where Archibald had been seen last.

Mau and Hazel showed the way along the crashing the tauros had left in his wake and Yngve followed tense, while Lamar was rearguard.
They all paused at the edge of the crater and looked at the battle-touched area before doing anything else.

Fivel had no problem falling behind while Sister showed off her speed, he was used to that and knew she was better than him. He just chirped happily when she apologized and did his best not to slow her down too much. He was proud his amazing sister wanted to spent time with him and he would anything he could to not let her down.
As they flew sounds of argument rose up through the trees towards them.
"Perhaps it is the ones we're looking for!" Fivel exclaimed and dived towards the sound, though he would close in with more caution when he got closer. He had grown up in the wild and knew there could be dangers.
The flash of light was completely ignored as water made similar flashes of light when the sun hit it in the right angle, and Fivel wasn't thirsty.

(ooc: Nevermeltice is now "held" by Mau, and 1 Super Potion used on the tauros.)

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Kaia
 Posted: Jun 27 2016, 06:23 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 365
Member No. 2161
Joined on 29-December 15.

Characters:
Kalliope Tamsin, Namid Waagosh'Giizis

Awards: 3

{+0.7 EXP!}

The tauros completely ignored the pokemon once he finished speaking. He didn't notice whether or not Mau picked up the nevermeltice. He was more interested in dozing. When bothered once more, he grunted loudly and settled, intent to ignore them. He didn't want to talk about what attacked him. Shame filled him for losing, as did rage that he could have been lured out and attacked as he was. He remained silent for a while longer, intent on sleeping. Unfortunately the burns and barely scabbing wounds pulsed with the time of his throbbing heart, reminding him every second or so that he was badly injured and sleep would not come easily despite his exhaustion.

He just wanted everyone to leave him alone to wallow. The second question, the one which related to his being okay on his own, struck a chord. The tauros sighed. Nothing was going to stop these annoying pokemon from bothering him? It wasn't that he disliked any of them. Injury and embarrassment left him in a bad temper and had nothing to do with the pokemon and human concerned for his well-being. One large eye opened to stare at Lamar. "I will be fine." He grunted. "I may not be at my best but I can survive a few hours by myself." He stared a while longer. They needed to know what to look out for, should they go in the direction he'd gone.

And then there was Archibald. He cared for Archibald, though his rage had blinded him to the handler and every other type of gentler feeling. His tail flicked in agitation. "It was an arcanine. The stupid thing called out to me about something, I don't remember what. When I went out to speak with him, he attacked. I was furious, I don't know if I killed him or if he nearly killed me instead. I remember Archibald...I remember..." His eye glazed as he thought back, trying to sift through hazy red images and faulty memory. He shook himself. "He followed me. I last saw him where I last saw the arcanine. Up in the caves. That thing brutalized me, and then I raged down here. Don't remember what happened beyond that, though--"

Shame flared once more. "I don't know what happened to Archibald. Please find him? He's very kind. And he risked his life coming after me, especially in that state." He shifted once more, rolling half to his side so more of the burns dipped into the water. He hissed, then his face eased into something akin to relief. The water soothed some of the burns, though not enough. Anything else they wanted to ask of him, it was too late. .He was near exhaustion and too close to illness from his wounds. He would be unable to rise, even after the super potion is used. The tauros ignored Lamar's promise of Yngve's not being dangerous, as well as the human himself.

He continued to lay there, docile as a patrat. His acceptance of the super potion helped more than he could admit, though he would need time to rest and recuperate. Eventually he would make his way back to the others, but not just yet. Though he didn't respond directly to Yngve, he would make sure to tell the others - should he see them - to meet Yngve. Any more help the man could get in his search for Archibald was important. The crater left in the wake of arcanine and tauros' fight was terrible. In many places the ground singed with blackened dirt and dead grass. A shrub - luckily away from the rest of the foliage - continued to crackle with the last dregs of flame. Cinders scorched the dirt all over the place.

Blood splattered the ground and stained a dark, ugly brown.

Along the far side a huge indent in the earth dipped. Blood sprayed here too, though it was hard to tell exactly what happened. The trail itself would lead through here and while gathering information on the battle, not much else could be gained here. Up ahead there would be a cave. Within the first twenty feet, it would split off three ways. The inner mountain was a latticework of tunnels of all sorts. The central tunnel had a certain chill to the air. The one to the left made no sound at all and remained quite dark, from lack of light. The remaining tunnel had a steady drip, drip, drip sound. No telling what was down any of these paths until someone walked down them.

Fivel and Sister honed in on a scuffle the likes of which reminded one of the burned area where the tauros and arcanine fought. However, this was something else. This time a magmar dripped molten liquid from his jaws as he yelled angrily at another pokemon. This one, a pansear, shook its fists and screeched. "I won't! I won't, I won't, I won't!" the pansear cried out. It kept out of reach of the magmar, perched up high. The magmar dripped fire in its annoyance, glaring up at the pansear.

"Stop being foolish! We need to go right now. If you'd rather wait until that thing gets you, then you can die alone." It snapped. The magmar, female and frustrated, stamped her foot. "Now get down here, already." The pansear shook his head, clearly young and prone to tantrum.

"No, no no! I wanna stay. I want my shiny!" It cried, raising one hand to wipe its face. "No leave without shiny!" Fivel and Sister could investigate further or interrupt if they chose, or they could fly back where they last saw Yngve. They could continue searching as well, if they chose. It was completely up to them.

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels
Incredible sprite by Mackay!

| PM || AIM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Oct 6 2016, 09:01 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

They looked grimly at the remains of the battle. Mau and Hazel had seen it before, but it to Yngve and Lamar it was an eye opener. It didn't look good for Archibald.
Mau and Hazel stayed clear of the still burning shrub, and was very careful of where they put their feet, to avoid stepping on any hidden embers or burned out branches there was still hot. It was much easier for Mau to move around in this heat than the last time, she almost wasn't bothered by the heat at all.
Hazel shook like a dead leaf in the wind.
Yngve and Lamar followed the two as they all made their way towards the cavern entrance, they were all ready to bolt by the smallest sound but nothing happened.
Yngve peeked into the darkness and frowned, how were they supposed to find their way in this darkness. He glanced at his pokemon, Mau was warily taking slow steps inside looking like she tried to feel her way forward rather than see, while Hazel hid behind Lamar who tried to keep an eye on everyone.
From what Yngve knew, none of them knew any way to lighten up a dark area. Fivel may had, or the other fletching who continued to follow him, but they weren't here.
He looked calculating at Lamar, was the lapras even able to fit inside and come along? Yngve wasn't keen on leaving more behind and definitely not the only one who had the slightest chance to stand up against a fire type!
"Don't go too far," Yngve cautioned Mau.

Yngve turned back to the burning shrub, perhaps he could make some sort of torch out of it, not that he knew much about it, but it was better than to walk into the unknown blind.
Hazel watched him and hoped he didn't brought too much of the fire back with him.
"Lamar, if we go in there, how are the others going to find us?" She asked hesitantly and Lamar blinked surprised.
"Good question, I guess one of us would have to stay and wait for them," he said reluctantly, not happy about the thought of letting the ice or the grass type be alone and undefended.

Hazel whined in fear as Lamar moved quickly away from the stones that rose beside him in a weird pattern.
"Does that look like a human pointing stick? Mau asked as she stepped out of the cave and looked thoughtful at the rubble she had made.
"I could try with some ice as well, but that won't last long," She commented with a faint smile.
"Jump up and check it out Hazel," Lamar said gently and the chespin hesitantly came out from her hiding spot behind him and pulled herself up on top with her vines.
"I... I think you need some more there," Hazel said hesitantly to the expectantly looking Mau. The amaura pushed her foot against the rock and some rumbled upwards about where Hazel pointed and asked if it was better.
"I think, for Fivel at least, but what about Mimi? He can't see it from above,"[/b] the chespin asked timidly and Lamar smiled kindly to her.
[i]"Like this!"
Mau said pleased and made some dents in the rock that was supposed to look like arrows pointing at the entrance.
Hazel looked doubtfully at it, but didn't say anything about it.

I have an idea," Lamar said as they turned to the cave again.
"Hazle, can you use send a beam of light in? Just at the top of it, no need for it to be big or strong, just so we get an idea how it looks down there," Lamar asked and Mau hummed in delight with sails shimmering green.
"But what if there is something in there who sees it?" Hazel asked nervously.
"If it is Archibald I'm sure he will be glad to see us, and if it something else with ill intensions,"[i] Lamar said grimly, [i]"I rather meet it now than getting surprised later."
Hazel nodded and attempted to send a smaller Solar Beam into the cavern, aiming to keep it at the ceiling. She would run and hide behind Lamar as soon as she had sent it in, who in turn was ready to face whatever may be revealed.

Fivel forgot everything about Yngve and what they were doing out here as his curiosity got the better of him. He landed on a branch above the pansear and looked from it to the magmar below.
"Hi! Why are you angry?" He chirped to the fire monkey, and quickly continued without giving it time to answer, "And why is it bad to gotten, by That Thing, and what is That Thing?"
He looked expectantly at the pansear, used to be protected by the flock to really be in danger.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Kaia
 Posted: Oct 14 2016, 03:37 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 2161

Characters:

{+0.7 EXP!}

Lamar's idea was clever and well-founded. If the others managed to drift to the cave, they would certainly recognize the makeshift sign and follow. Yngve's decision to create a makeshift torch was also a smart decision. It would last no more than five minutes at most, but would cast a dim light until then. Yngve would need to be careful--if the torch grew too short it would burn. But for the time being it was the best decision he could make. With Hazel's help - at Lamar's suggestion, once again a feat of brilliance - their first examination of the cave would be nicely lit.

The solar beam cut through the dark with ease, illuminating the central tunnel all the way to the very recesses. The entry cavern was about twenty feet in length and twice that in width. And everything, everything from the lip of the entrance to the white-crusted floor to the steep, glistening stalactites above was frozen solid. Some large obstruction blocked the far right side of the tunnel. Gleaming ivory glittered with frost from the solar beam, melting only a few drops worth from the heat before freezing solid. Tiny frozen rivulets dotted the structure. Upon entry into the cave itself, Yngve would find the air freezing to the bone. Literally.

The structure just to the right of the cavern was, in fact, a monstrous skeleton. From the shape of the head, the depth of the rib cage and the huge disjointed, knuckle-shaped bones littering the ground behind it in the set of a long, tapered tail it was clear the skeleton belonged to a garchomp. Once Yngve looked upon it, he might recotnize the similarity of this beast to one he most recently met. Daggerbeak's mother, long-dead and free of all but bone. Littered around her were a few smaller skeletons. Pokemon of varying variety. One looked like a half-chomped golduck and another a very small slobro. However, other than the bones the entrance of the cave was void of life.

However, beyond the first cave - and as the light of the solar beam dwindled to nothing - Yngve would notice something peculiar. Beyond the cave, down the central path, something was--glowing? Something cast a pale, solid light shaded in faint blue and unexpected green. From the main cave it was hard to discern what it was. Yngve would have to investigate if he wanted to find out what. The floor of the cave was hard-packed with snow and ice. A few spots were slippery enough to drop anyone to their backsides if they weren't careful. There were no foot-trails, though this was more due to the density of the ice and the chill than lack of foot traffic. Yngve would have to venture somewhere to search for Archibald.

Far from the cave, a chittering pansear startled and hopped to a higher branch. He glared at Fivel, uncertain. Then he hung from one hand and stuck his foot at the bird, prodding him. "They took my shiny." The pansear pouted, its little flames flickering with melancholy. "I want it I want it! Stupid meanie heads. My shiny is mine I told them, I told them and they took it!" The pansear keened. The magmar sighed, much akin to the sound of steam hissing from a geyser.

"We can get it back later. It's dangerous." She reminded him carefully. Talking to a toddler of a pokemon, probably one who just recently hatched and had yet to understand the world around him, wasn't easy. "You two should get out of here while you can. There's nothing safe about this area any longer. Especially not for the likes of us." The pansear pouted some more and climbed to a higher branch, sulking. Magmar could do nothing short of burning down the tree to get the pansear in her custody again.

Sister flicked her wings and stared between the fire types. "What do you mean?" She twitched her head nervously, one eye focused on the magmar below. "Why is it unsafe?" The magmar stared up at her.

"You can't sense it? The chill in the air?" Magmar flared its body and shook. "Something dangerous inhabits the mountain now. It took over the territory and has been forcing us all out one by one. Just this morning an arcanine challenged it and got its tail stripped and frozen. The longer it has to build its territory, the further its reach stretches. Soon no fire types will be able to remain here. You should leave while you can." Magmar called up toward the pansear, coddling the child. "We'll find you a new shiny, how about that? Would you like a new pretty shiny?"

Pansear's tail flicked. Its big ears twitched but he didn't turn around. "My shiny..." He pouted, chewing his lip. The magmar sighed again. "I found it special. I want it." Nothing doing, arguing with a child.

"Excuse me," he murmured quietly to the two birds. "Is there any way you can help me convince him to get down? He's too young to understand but I can't leave him by himself. I'm all he has. Please?" The magmar stared up at Fivel and Sister, pleading.

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels

| PM || AIM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 01:54 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

(ooc: could you do me a favor and use another color than white? It becomes invisible when I paste it into word, which I use to write in to avoid the worst typos)

To their relief, nothing came charging out of the cave when the solar beam lightened it up. It wasn't promising what they saw though, as the walls of the cave, was covered in thick ice.
Hazel shuddered by the mere thought of venturing in there, especially since it looked like the cave just continued forever into the rock, who knew when they would be out again?
Lamar got Hazel to climb up on his back, no need for the grass type to walk directly on ice, and they waited for Yngve to return with his makeshift torch.

Yngve joined them soon after and he looked dumbfounded at the rock formation there had appeared in front of the cave. It took him a few moments to recognize it as an arrow.
"Is it you who has made it?" He asked Mau, who nodded with a curious expression as the human looked more uncomfortable than impressed.
Yngve agreed it was a good idea to tell the rest of the team where they had gone, and he hoped they would join them fast! But he wasn't sure the others would recognize it as something made for them, it could have been made for a lot of reasons if not marked in some way.
He deeply regretted he hadn't taught his pokemon the signs his gang had used to give secret messages to each other, like where and when to meet. It would have been much more useful but as it was for now, he didn't even have anything that could mark it as something connected with them, not anything he would part with at least.
With a sigh he hoped it was enough and turned his attention to the cave. He raised his torch high in the air to spread the light and looked around warily.

Mau made her way past him and took the lead. Lamar gave Yngve a gentle nudge and made up the rear. Being the tallest he could target what was ahead with less changes of hitting his own team mates, besides it would keep Hazel from the frontline as well.
A shiver ran down Yngve's spine when he saw the skeleton embedded in the ice, he tightened the grab on his spear fighting his urge to flee. Hazel hid her face in her hands, terrified for something that could freeze something that big and powerful.
Lamar gulped and he and Mau exchanged glances, both thinking of Daggerbeak, they hoped that the gabite managed to keep out of the claws of whatever had gotten her mother.
"I wonder why it is placed here," Mau said thoughtfully and continued sounding more sober than scared, "do you think it is a warning? Or just some sort of way of decorating?"
Hazel couldn't hold back a whimper and Lamar looked disturbed at the skeleton and the other half eaten carcasses.
"Probably a warning," Lamar answered nervously, thinking it worked all too well, and shouldn't have much to fear from ice.

As Yngve's torch quickly burned down there was only one way to go, towards the tiny light source ahead. As it got more slippery, Yngve joined Hazel on the back of Lamar, the big lapras floated around and wasn't bothered by it. Mau should have some advantage due to her typing but she treaded carefully nevertheless.

~~~

Fivel listened curiously to first Pansear and then to what Magmar told them. He liked Pansear instantly since he reminded Fivel of his many siblings, while what Magmar said he took a bit more unsure.
From his experience with ice types, they were fun and snow was cold but pretty to look at, he couldn't imagine there to be so much of it that it covered the whole land. On the other hand, Sister was clearly worried which made him nervous, perhaps there was something here to be wary of?
He knew though that he wasn't in any real danger, not when Sister was with him. She could handle everything.

Helping calming a sibling was something Fivel was happy to help with, and he flapped a bit closer to the young fire type.
"What is the weirdest thing you have seen?" He asked eagerly and would only give the pansear a short time to answer before he would continue.
"I have met this really funny pokemon, who flies without wings and he can stay in the same spot all the time if he wants to. I can jump right in under him! He says he comes from a big pond, so big you can fly for days and still not reach the other side! And he says the water is undrinkable, so I asked him if it was because it was so hot you would burn your tongue, but he said that it was cold and that the more you drank the more thirsty you would get.
Fivel sent Pansear a grin, "but I know a tale when I see one." He didn't believe Lamar had told him the truth, it was too farfetched!
If Pansear had any comment or something he wanted to tell, Fivel would be happy to listen and be excited about whatever he was told, even if it was something he had seen thousands of times before. He had helped looking after his younger siblings, and had spent a lot of time watching what his older ones did when some of the hatchlings were troublesome or upset. He wasn't an expert but he had had most success by distracting them from whatever troubled them. Getting them to think of something else that made them happy.
So that was why he attempted with the pansear as well.

"Can you blow fire?" Fivel would ask abruptly, "you feel warm, just like Sister and Mom. I can't yet, but Sister is trying to teach me, see!"
He attempted to blow some warm air and as usual ended up coughing smoke.
"I told you so," he grinned to the pansear, "what can you do?"
If Pansear was willing to show his skills for Fivel, he would act really impressed and praise the fire type excited.
"I'm sure you are good at playing too!" Fivel would then grin and try to start a game of tag with the Pansear.
If he succeeded it would probably be a good idea for Sister to step in and help lead the game closer to Magmar so it was possible for her to grab him. Or else Fivel would forget what he was trying to do and would just enjoy the game.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Kaia
 Posted: Nov 3 2016, 08:15 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 2161

Characters:

{+0.7 EXP!}

Beyond the deceased garchomp the path could have cut one of three ways. On either side, dark pathways opened up. They yawned like the mouths of some great monster, their depth impossible to measure. Between them lay a single faintly lit path. Down this ice-riddled tunnel, a cold white light lay ahead. The closer they traveled, the tighter the tunnel got until it was perhaps five meters wide and about as high. No more than a hundred feet from the dissected tunnel entrance a deep cave opened up. All around the air grew thick with the chill. Hanging from the ceiling and encrusting the walls was something strange. Huge, crystallized ice. Thick, faceted mounds hung down in a mockery of a chandelier. But it wasn't simply a giant chunk of ice. No, this was something even more unlikely.

The monstrous ice above was, in fact, a giant nevermeltice. Probably the same one from which Mau's own had been broken or cut. More than that, this slab of nevermeltice was glowing. When the solarbeam cut through the cave earlier on, it hit the nevermeltice. Somehow the magic of the ice absorbed and retained that light, glowing deep blue-white from its very center and casting perfect, unshaking rays onto the ground below. All over were bright, super-focused beams and softer, shadowy patches. Indeed the cave itself was dappled with light and shadows.

The walls were all covered in foot-deep ice crusts which easily reflected the light. In this one place, light flourished. Other than the nevermeltice and the snow hard-packed to the ground, there was little to see. Nothing but snow, ice, and--wait. Across the cave floor lay a mound of something not quite white. Dusted with snow but not fully submerged lay a prone body. If Yngve moved to investigate this body he would find exactly what he'd been looking for--Richard. He lay half buried in the snow, so pale that he was almost as ice himself. Yet still he breathed, slow, even breaths. He was cold all over but it had yet to fully kill him. If Yngve moved quickly to save the man, Richard might still make it.

--

The pansear looked a bit wary and pouty when Fivel asked him a question. He was caught between that toddler tantrum where nothing would make him happy and interest in the funny bird. The trouble with trying to pout when you were curious meant you'd probably break character when something fun happens. That was exactly what happened. Pansear twisted around and stared at the bird with obvious delight, listening to the story as intently as a young person might. "How can you fly without wings?" He asked curiously. "Oh, like this?" He jumped off the bough and all but dived straight down, then caught himself four boughs down and climbed right back up, a huge smile on his face.

He clapped his hands together and hung halfway off the branch. "I saw a strange thing! Nights and nights ago I was pretending to sleep and playing with a spider bug when something big and sparkly flew up in the sky! It was so big, it looked like a big moon! But not the moon." He frowned as he tried to explain. "It was big--and big--and and you could see the moon behind it, and it glowed! Like a big sparkly shiny thing. I love shiny things." He started to frown again, remembering his shiny. But the magmar caught him off-guard, calling up in a sharp tone. "You didn't tell me that!" She admonished, worry and uncertainty in her voice. The pansear looked down.

"I tried, I tried! But you said it was beddy time." He pouted some more. "But I saw it! It was big and sparkly and it got really cold. My tail kept me warm." He looked proud of himself, patting his long, slender tail up to the flame. Another abrupt question. Easily caught off guard, the pansear nodded boisterously and watched Fivel blow smoke. He chittered in amusement, patting his tummy. "I can I can! Like this!" He breathed in deep, his stomach taut with air, and spit a ball of flame which burst with heat and flame, only to vanish moments later. "See? See! I can help, I can help!" He jumped up and down. "I love play! I love playing!"

The pansear was incensed now, filled with excitement and the need to play. Fivel's tag and run made pansear so excited he keened as he jumped from branch to branch, chasing the bird hot on his tail. He couldn't fly but he was very fast even so, a spritely little thing with all that energy. Sister would watch and smile, happy to see her brother being so sweet and friendly to a young pokemon. When he wanted her assistance or tried to lead the pansear down, she would assist him. For the moment she let them play together, ready to swoop in if need be.

[Yngve reaches level seven! All pokemon grow two levels. Mimi learns Quick Attack. Mau learns Mist. Fivel learns Flail. He's also one level away from evolving! Hazel is now eligible to evolve! If you want to write her evolving now you're free to do so. If you'd like to have Hazel evolve soon but not right this minute, that's up to you! Hazel also receives one happiness bar! Lamar earns his final happiness bar! Calla learns Ice Shard.

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels

| PM || AIM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Dec 28 2016, 05:12 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

The ice tunnel was more than wide enough for Lamar to come along as well, which was good since if he hadn't, Yngve probably wouldn't have dared to go down there only with little Mau and scared Hazel as company.
Yngve quickly realized it probably wasn't fire types he should fear in these tunnels, but more what he was going to wish he had.
They all wondered about why only one of the tunnels were lit and fearing it was to lure them into an ambush, but no-one dared to go down one of the dark ones, not without plenty of light and a lot more backup.
They couldn't hear anything beside their own breathing and the crisp ice getting crushed under Mau's feet. It appeared to be less slippery than they had expected, but much, much colder!
Yngve and Hazel huddled together to keep each other warm but they were both shivering and wouldn't be able to withstand the cold for long.
They reached the cave but only Mau recognized it as the same type of ice as the one frozen solid on her back. Had it been in more calm and safe visit she would have loved to get closer to it, but as it was now, she paid it little attention.
The three others just found the huge block of ice unnerving and the light dancing inside only made it worse. It had been too far away for them to know it had been the Solar Beam that was kept alive inside it.

The cave itself had little of interested unless you loved ice and didn't expected every shadow to hide certain death, expect a mound of snow. No wait, that didn't quite look like snow.
Lamar and Mau spotted it at the same time and simultaneously set the course towards it. Yngve and Hazel were too busy not freezing to death they didn't saw much around them. Yngve's hands and feet were both numb and really painful at the same time but he didn't know what to do about it.
As Lamar stopped beside something and Mau gave it a push to reveal it was a human. Richard even! Yngve attempted to say something, but his teeth were clattering too much, so he just made a humph and slid down from Lamar. He groaned when he hit the ground with his sore feet but ignored it to shake the man a bit.
Hadn't he could see Richard breathing weakly he would have thought him dead. He was even colder than Yngve himself.
It was tough work to try get the lifeless man up on Lamar's back, though Mau did her best to help out. It was first when they got Hazel to help lift Richard up with her vines, that they succeeded.
Yngve mounted Lamar again and gestured for them to hurry out while he clung to both Richard's body and Lamar's spikes. They would hurry out as fast as possible and attempt to return straight to where they had last seen the rest of the researchers.
~~~

"I don't know!" Fivel exclaimed excited, "but he does!"
He looked as the pansear jumped up and down between the branches.
"You are really good at that," he said impressed and the shook his head, "but no, he can't jump and I don't think he could ever climb a tree." He laughed of the thought of the lapras trying to get up in a tree.
He couldn't explain how Lamar floated so instead he listened curiously to the story the young fire type had, and found the story about something as big as the moon flying up in the sky as unbelievable as water you got thirsty by drinking.
Hadn't the magmar acted like she believed it, Fivel would have thought the pansear had just tried to come up with something to also have some incredible to share. Instead he got disappointed he hadn't seen it, he couldn't remember seeing anything like that nor that temperatures had dropped. Of course he could very well have slept from it all while snuggled up with his siblings.
"Where did you see it?" Fivel asked and looked around like he expected it to happen again here and now.

Fivel happily threw himself out in a game of tag with his newfound friend and soon forgot why he had done so in the first place. The pansear was so agile in the treetop that Fivel had to fly around to have a chance against him and he enjoyed the game fully. At some point they would get closer to the ground in their chasing each other and if the magmar was quick she could snatch her young one by then.

Fivel got surprised when the play suddenly stopped but quickly remembered that he had been supposed to lure the pansear further down so his mom took get hold of him, so he didn't protest.
He glanced quickly at Sister to see if she had realized he had forgotten or if she believed it had been his plan all along, he tried to act like it had been on purpose.
"Can we go see the sparkling thing?" He then asked her hopefully. If he couldn't see that huge pond he could at least try to see something as big as the moon which perhaps lay around here somewhere.

(ooc: is it possible for Sister to evolve before Fivel? She is older and I would prefer if Fivel could keep his adoration for her, it would turn his world completely upside down if he evolved before her. Hazel is going to wait a bit, I probably will take care of that in a development... if I ever get to around to write one.)

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Flight
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 11:24 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Total Posts: 999
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Iuchra Nic Longáin

Awards: 1

{ So sorry for the wait, Mindir! ;-; 0.7 EXP for you! }

It would not be an easy task to move Archibald from the location, but Yngve had determination and his own pokemon to help him. The man was breathing faintly, unconscious and shivering - and from what Yngve would remember, he'd either communicate through sign language or through his abra. Asking about his condition would be a futile effort until there was a translator on-site, or better yet, he was reunited with his psychic-type.

Then the ice groaned, and something further inside the caves shifted.

Yngve would already be almost at the mouth of the caves by this time, intent as he was in returning to the researchers and mounted on Lamar. It was a good thing, too, because not too long after he and his pokemon had cleared the entrance there was a loud CRACK that split the air.

If Yngve turned around he'd see the sharp blue eyes that glowed inside the dark of the cave, its light fractaling on the Nevermeltice. For a moment it seemed intent on following Yngve and his team out - to chase them out? to get them to stay? who knew - but then it settled down, closing its eyes.

After that, there was a chill that flooded out of the cave, like a frozen breath. A Frost Breath had swept through the entrance, sheathing it in a cold layer of glittering ice that would be unnaturally slow to melt, even in the Navdian sun.

It was a slow shift, but it was a steady one; by the time Fivel had turned to his sister she was glowing.

"Evolution," the magmar rumbled, then smiled. "Congratulations."

It did not take long, at least, and soon enough Fivel was left staring at Sister, who shook out her new-found feathers with more than a little bit of curiosity. She was bigger, now, with yellow flight-feathers instead of the light blue that Fivel would still have.

But she was still Sister, even though it took her a moment to process Fivel's question. She drew up to the extents of her new height - a good almost-two feet taller than her brother - and said, as flatly as she could, "No."

The pansear, however, was not to be deterred. It'd started jumping up and down in excitement as soon as the words 'evolution' had come out of his parental-figure's mouth, and now it was bouncing around with far more energy than one of his kind should have, even with the magmar's insistence that he calm down. "Awww, why? I wanted to show you the shiny thing! It's big and sparkly and-"

Sister cut him off, evolution bringing with it a new set of priorities. "And something we don't have time for. I'm sorry," she added, when the pansear's face fell and his shoulders drooped. "But we are looking for someone, who might be hurt. And this place is dangerous, Miss Magmar said. I know your shiny is important, but your safety is more important. You can always come back later."

The magmar, for her part, looked grateful that Sister was helping her coax the pansear down. "We can," she said, "we can, but please, not right now. Not today." She was very carefully not saying, not this year, even though it would likely be true. "It's dangerous for fire-types now, you know that. Please."

Eventually, the pansear came down, sullen and sulking. He wouldn't answer any of their questions, muttering under his breath about 'stupid meanie heads' and 'my shiny,' in the tone of a child who'd been denied something they wanted for a reason they couldn't understand. But the magmar would be helpful and willing to answer questions, before she begged her leave.

Then she appeared to remember something, and she squinted at the two of them - first at Sister, then at Fivel. "You're looking for someone injured, you said? I- I don't know if I can help you. But I might. Who are you looking for?"

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra
| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 03:30 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

It was more difficult to get Archibald up on Lamar than Yngve had thought, even with the help of Hazel's vines it was tough work as the chespin was rather sluggish in her movements. They managed in the end and Yngve more or less threw himself up on Lamar's back.
"Go! Go! Go!" He urged and they hurried towards the exit. The still missing abra was not on Yngve's mind, he expected that the teleporting pokemon had had a bigger chance of getting to safety and would be even more difficult to find than Archibald. Beside he was too scared and cold in this cave to spend any more time in it now the abra wasn't in plain sight like the man had been.
As they were moving the ice groaned and they all jumped when it cracked loudly. As Lamar and Mau hurried forward while Yngve glanced backwards in fear of getting the whole mountain falling down on him.
He spotted what looked like a pair of glowing eyes but that was simply too frightening and he quickly turned to look forward and did all his could to convince himself it had been nothing else than the ice that had played a trick on his mind. A simple reflection, that's all.

Both Yngve and Hazel shivered violently as the chilly wind blew past them while Lamar and Mau tried to step up the pace once more.
If the entrance were still open they would hurry out as fast as possible and go back the way they came, to where they met the tauros and continue out to where they last saw the researchers to follow the road as they had done.
Should the tauros still be laying where they had left him, they would continue past him with Mau shouting happily that they had found Archibald.
~~

Fivel gaped as light surrounded his sister and he forgot everything about the game he was playing. As Sister stood a proud and strong fletchinder he was even more awed and didn't hear much of what there were said.
"What?" He asked dumfounded as Sister said no to something he did not remember. What had they been talking about again? He didn't protest that they didn't get to see something he could only vaguely remember had been, at the moment he was much more interested in looking at the changes in Sister.
He listened politely as the 'adults' talked and got coaxed Pansear to come down from the tree now his game of tac hadn't worked.
"Not for Sister!" Declared Fivel proudly as nothing could be really dangerous to her and especially not when she had just evolved too! She was just so strong!

"Yes! Yes we do!" Fivel exclaimed excitedly and then stopped abruptly.
"Who is we looking for?" He then asked Sister and he would let her speak until he remembered when he would then interrupt her to tell it himself, and then he would let Sister continue until there once again was something he remembered and he would interrupt again.
He would be really proud that he remembered so much himself.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Mar 10 2017, 09:29 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1615
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

[[0.6 EXP for you! Sorry this update is a little short, but I wanted to give you the opportunity to decide which members of your team are going where]]

“You’ll have to take charge more than that, once I’m not here. You won’t be able to lean on me forever,” Sister chided Fivel before adding, “We found the missing member of the expedition, but we are still looking for his companion, an abra. It may look different than a normal abra. Have you seen it?”

“An abra…” the magmar said, puzzled. “That’s not very usual for here, especially one that looks different…” But before she could say much more, the young pansear interrupted.

“The psychic-type, right? I heard about him! I know about him!” Evidently, the thought of being helpful was enough to dissipate at least some thoughts of the pansear’s shiny object, and the magmar took full advantage of this.

“Where did you hear about this abra? Did you run off again?” she said, perhaps a bit too sharply.

“I went off to see Mean Mister Heatmor this morning to see if he had seen my shiny! He hadn’t seen it but he did see an abra, it went with some other pokemon because it got hurt,” Pansear explained.

“You snuck off again?” the magmar said, sighing softly before picking up a harsher tone of voice. “You cannot do that, do you understand? Especially not while that thing is around, I’ve told you time and time again that no shiny thing is worth your life!” She sighed and turned to Fivel and Sister. “Do you two know what he’s talking about? I evidently wasn’t with him and there are too many heatmors in these parts to just approach them willy-nilly, especially since they’ve been more aggressive lately…”

Rather than answering immediatley, Sister turned to Fivel. “I can back you up if you need, but why don’t you talk this time? After all, it won’t be long until you’re evolving too, I can see it in your feathers.” It might sound a little odd for Sister to suddenly know about evolving, but it seemed that her experience with it had changed her at least slightly, making her want to mentor her brother in more ways than simply teaching him Heat Wave.

If Fivel (or Sister) recounted the details, the magmar would then decide what to do with regards to accompanying the birds, depending on whether she suspected the area was too dangerous for her young pansear charge. Whatever was decided, Sister would remember how to get to where they were before, and they would be able to find the heatmor relatively easily. “I thought I told you fire-birds to get out of here before,” he said in a threatening tone. How would Fivel respond?

The others would not face a similar challenge; the tauros would grunt his pleasure at hearing of Archibald's discovery, but his own exhaustion would not permit him to do much more than grunt. Yngve and Hazel would begin their journey along the road, no signs of the other researchers as of yet, but hopefully he would find them soon if he stuck to the same road.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 08:45 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

”Of course Sister!” Fivel agreed solemnly and got quiet at what she had said slowly sunk in, that they were going to part ways at some point. It had become clear that it wouldn’t be long now when she had evolved.
He was pulled back when Sister mentioned that they had found the man and he listened surprised. When had that happened and how did she know? He felt proud to be the brother to someone so smart as her, she noticed and knew so many things he didn’t. It also made him a bit nervous since how would he fare without her around to help him? She had always been there to teach him everything she knew, though he felt there was no way he could ever be as good as she.

Fivel nodded when Sister asked him to do the talking, and made his best serious-face and was quiet for a bit as he thought hard about what to say so he would make Sister proud.
”What is the thing you were talking about, and why is it dangerous?” He then finally asked and glanced at Sister to see if he had screwed up, but he thought it was a very important question to ask as the safety of the flock was always in focus back home.
Then he suddenly remembered he had seen something shimmer while they were flying.
”Oh! I saw something below the trees while we were flying this way, perhaps that is your shiny! It was just before we came here and after we met that grumpy heatmor that...” Fivel told the two firetypes on the ground before trailing off and turning to Sister.
”Heatmor! Sister I think we have met Heatmor already! Don’t you think he knows where the abra is?” He exclaimed and could barely stand still while he waited for her answer, he was ready to bolt and fly back to find the anteater without even saying goodbye.
When they were about to leave, he paused and looked hesitantly at Pansear.
”I don’t know if it is your shiny, so don’t be disappointed if it isn’t, I only saw something shimmer that’s all,” he told apologizing as he would be sad to devastate his new young friend.
He looked at Magmar for permission before he gave the direction to them.

Fivel landed on a branch at a safe distance from the threatening heatmor and fidgeted a bit unsure of himself and what to do. He and Sister hadn’t been that nice to him last time, but his fathers had always said they should be kind to others who weren’t dangerous to them.
”Yes you did, and sorry we have come back but my new friend Pansear said you had seen an abra and we’re looking for it, so we came to ask of you had. Have you? And if you have how did it look and where did it go?” He blabbered his question and waited politely to give the heatmor a chance to answer.
~~

They did not stop as they reached the Tauros other than Mau calling out to tell it they had found Archibald. The man was still very cold and Yngve doesn’t know what to do to give him some warmth, other than getting him close to some fires of some sort. So for now he just made sure to keep Archibald from falling off Lamar, as the lapras hurried towards the road. At least Yngve himself felt less freezing now.

Hazel looked back towards the Tauros, from where she was sitting on Lamar’s back, clinging to one of the shell-knobs.
”Is it safe to let him stay so close to that cave?” the chespin asked quietly and Mau looked up at her from her place behind Lamar, where she was running to keep up with the lapras.
”No, but we cannot get him up on Lamar and we won’t be of much help to it if we stay behind and whatever made that ice came out to attack us,” she stated matter-of-factly between panting.
They didn’t say anything else on the trip, but would hurry along the road to hopefully find the other researchers soon, so they could help Archibald before it was too late.

(ooc: Sister shouldn’t know about having found Archibald as the birds flew in another direction than where the others were heading. I assume she is just guessing or thinks they should focus on the abra.)

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 10:22 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1615
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

[[ +0.6 EXP for you! ]]

It had been a bluff on Sister's part, but a correct one - Archibald was not too far away now, and the mission was encroaching upon its end, if the team could find a way to get the abra back and escape the dangerous area. But now, Sister was trusting Fivel to get the information across to their allies, a task that the fletchling seemed more than capable of doing.

The magmar nodded her head slowly, solemnly, before answering his first question. "I do not know its exact form, but there is something... twisted... about it. It's not like other pokemon. It cannot be reasoned with, and its anger is legendary." Turning to the pansear, she added, "And this is why we do not run off, shiny or no shiny, correct?"

"Okay," the pansear whined, but quickly got excited at Fivel's mention of whatever shiny object it sought. "Really? You think it might be the shiny?"

"What did I just say?" the magmar grunted exasperatedly. The pansear ignored it and began to pester Sister for more details as Fivel continued his explanation. "I suppose you can go back and try - but Pansear is staying here with me. You can travel the distance more quickly," she said, but her tone of voice made Fivel quite sure this was not the only reason she was preventing the pansear from getting any closer to the area.

"But you have to find the shiny - you, bigger bird, you have to find my shiny, all right?"

"I'll do my best," Sister replied before waving a wing to Fivel, showing him the way to go.

Fivel would find the flight easy, and although the heatmor was not exactly pleased to see the pair of pokemon again, he at least grumpily listened to them. "Yeah, you're not the only ones messing with me today - odd thing, too, kinda glittered a bit. As if I didn't have enough glittering things around here lately." He sighed, then pointed his nose to the west. "That way. He's not in great shape. And don't bother me again."

With a direction in mind, Fivel and Sister would quickly find the trail, and after about a quarter of an hour of hunting (during which Sister would continue to give more information about the move she was teaching Fivel), the pair would find what looked like an abra - strangely shimmering, but recognizable as the pokemon in question - lying on the ground near a sharp rock. The rock looked like the one Mau had taken earlier, a NeverMeltIce, but it was a smaller piece not capable of giving as much of a benefit to an ice-type pokemon. The chunk glittered as the abra did, and the pokemon looked up when he saw the birds approaching.

"Don't go in," the abra said, short of breath - and yet, before the birds would have a chance to reply, the world shifted from underneath them, and they found themselves teleporting back to a very worried Sheridan, who had just stumbled upon Yngve and his group.

"I'll give this to Pansear, you handle things here," Sister said, flying off as the abra collapsed, the last of its energy gone. Archibald didn't look much better, still shivering, and an occasional muttering of "Don't go in," was all that the group would hear from the abra, or from his silent handler.

"Goodness gracious, whatever happened to all of you?" Sheridan exclaimed upon seeing the pokemon suddenly appear, turning to Yngve for answers. "It seems I have you and your pokemon to thank for a great deal, but we still need to make it to the researcher's hut - can Archibald continue to get a ride on your lapras? Or do you have any healing items to get the abra up and moving?" he asked as he rummaged through his bag.

If Yngve didn't offer any items of his own, Sheridan would dig through his bag until he found a slightly dented Revive crystal. Offering it to the fainted abra, the pokemon lifted his head, looking worse for wear but not quite fainted.

"Get Archibald to safety, won't you? We'll follow if you don't have the energy," Sheridan commanded the pokemon, looking more than slightly uncomfortable as he did so. "This place is giving me the creeps. Injuries, faintings, and way too much of this," he held up another chunk of NeverMeltIce. The abra nodded, disappearing once more, this time taking Archibald. By the time the beleaguered pokemon returned, the sound of a fletchinder's beating wings could be heard on the horizon, and Sister soon arrived to meet with Fivel.

"It's not his shiny, but it's a shiny, so hopefully that'll keep him out of trouble for a little while," she explained, preening her feathers. "Now what? Do we follow?"

"You don't have to come with us, I mean, you've already done enough," Sheridan said sheepishly when the abra returned. "Abra could find another psychic-type to transport you somewhere, if you'd rather leave. Either way, this is for a job well done," he said as he passed a small bundle of goods to Yngve.

The mission to find Archibald and the shiny abra was technically done, but mysteries still lingered. What was the pansear's true shiny object, and why did he seek it so desperately? Why was the heatmor so grumpy about visitors? And what in the world was in the cave?

But was that of interest to the rogue who had his rewards, and was no longer beholden to the researchers?
Yngve could travel with the researchers to the hut, where he would receive a warm welcome and a hot meal before he could choose a place for the abra to drop him off. He could also choose to take off on foot from there, going towards or away from the still-unsolved mysteries. Either way, Sister would keep her promise, and Fivel would be able to use Heat Wave before the siblings' parting.

What would Yngve choose to do?

-------------

Mission complete!

Yngve receives 4 EXP for helping with the mission. He also receives some goodies from Sheridan: 300 gold, 2 Super Potions, and another NeverMeltIce from the area. Fivel also learns Heat Wave!

[[ OOC: So this is my attempt to pull all the loose threads together and give you the mission ending and timeskip - please let me know if you're happy with this, or would like anything changed. Also feel free to write out any scenes with Sister that you'd like. For your next post, please come up with some sort of direction to take Yngve, or a new goal for him, that either I or a new mod can build a new plot from. Cheers! ]]

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 06:04 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

(eggcount: 1+6 from the ones in profile=7)

Sister took over most of the talking after Fivel had asked his questions to the two fire types and he happily let her do it. He listened closely before he said his quick goodbyes when Sister gestured for him they should be going.
He was relieved with how good the heatmor took their return and he even helped them!
”Thank you, and we won’t!” He reassured eagerly, as he found the moody heatmor a bit scary.
As they continued their search, now with a clear direction, time flew as fast as they did and he forgot what they were doing as he listened to Sister’s explanation about the new move.
At least until the sight of the abra sparked his memory.
”Look Sister! We did it!” He chirped excitedly and dived towards the shimmering abra.
”Hi!..” He began his greeting as he landed on the ground but was interrupted by the abra’s warning, and then the whole scenery changed.
Fivel made a nervous chirp and frantically looked for Sister, whose side he hurried to, to get a bit of comfort. She didn’t get any as she put him in charge and left to fly back with the shiny they had found. He called quietly after her, and looked around rather lost, having no clue of how to “handle things”.
Luckily for him, Yngve and the rest of the team arrived where Sheridan was waiting, and he flew to Mau while the others took care of the abra and Archibald.
~~

Yngve was relieved when he saw Sheridan on the road and even more when the abra turned up with the two birds as he knew at least Fivel’s sister knew some fire type moves and could help warm Archibald up faster. Much to his annoyance, Sister took off and flew away almost immediately, but Sheridan came with another faster solution.
"Of course," was his answer to both questions and he looked through his bag and found a revive that he threw to Sheridan. If the abra got well enough to move Archibald that would be the fastest
As the abra came back to consciousness and teleported Archibald to safety, Yngve exhaled deeply and his shoulder dropped. Finally his responsibility was over and he could hopefully relax a bit.
”We should have asked the abra to collect the tauros, when it was done with the human,” commented Mau a bit too late and smiled to Fivel who had joined her.
”You look worried,” she told him without expecting him to answer, he ruffled his feather nervously before the sound of beating wings caught his attention. He eagerly jumped forward to meet Sister as she returned.
”Oh,” Fivel said a bit disappointed as he had hoped it had been the pansear’s precious shiny they had found. Sister quickly asked another question and he looked puzzled at her.
”Follow who?” He asked but got distracted when the abra returned. He hid behind Sister as he had a bit too surprised last time it had teleported him around.
Mau trotted over to the abra.
”Perhaps it would be an idea to collect the tauros who was with you earlier?” Mau asked kindly and gestured down the road with her head.
”He’s laying near the road where the stream is closest, and he is a bit too tired to move by himself. I don’t think he will last long if anyone should attack him,” she continued as a matter of fact and let it be up to the abra if it wanted to help its fellow pokemon or not.
Mau returned to Lamar and Hazel, who was exchanged between the humans.

Yngve looked surprised at Sheridan when he said Yngve didn’t have to stay with them anymore, that he had done more than enough. Which he completely agreed with, this had been much more of an handful than he had ever thought.
He slid down Lamars back to accept the goods and he was silent for a few moments while he thought.
He had expected a nice easy task watching the backs of the researchers while they were doing their job, and chasing off a few fire types. Instead he had met a lot of ice and something really scary he did not wish to face again, especially since he didn’t have any pokemon who were good at handling such things.
"I think I will return to town, although we don’t need to be teleported there, you have more than enough to take care of now, so we just walk," said Yngve mostly because he still were unsure around the psychic type, who knew what it could read of his mind and where it could move him if it wanted?

As he said his goodbyes to Sheridan and wished them luck, not that he really cared what happened with them, Sister turned to Fivel.
”Sounds like that is my cue to be on my way as well,” she said slowly to make sure the young fletching understood him. The way he slowly gaped and looked devastated made it clear he did.
”No, not yet. Why now? I can’t do without you,” protested Fivel and Sister smiled sadly.
”You are doing just fine, and you have grown so much already, I am sure you will soon evolve soon!” she cheered him, but he clearly didn’t believe that.
”You are not alone, you have Mau and your new flock, but it is time for me to find my own nest as well. I cannot stay and I’m just holding your back, since you lean too much on me,” she explained to a tearful Fivel who continued to shook his head in refusal.
”I cannot go with you to the town Fivel, I’m a wild pokemon and someone will surely catch me, and then we’ll be separated anyway. I prefer to decide for myself where I go,” Sister continued seriously. Fivel was crying too much to answer. Sister sighed and nuzzled his neck to help him calm down.
”You weren’t as upset when we left mom and dad at the nest, and we were both ready to leave. ’m by far the eldest and should have left ages ago, there are no more space there, how is this different?” Asked Sister.
”But you were there,” hiccupped Fivel as answer and Sister sighed again.
Mau joined them and gave Fivel a gentle nudge.
”It is alright to be sad Fivel, but she is right you know,” Mau said gently and Sister used her beak to raise Fivel’s chin so they were eye to eye.
”We’re going to meet again, and when that is going to happen we’re both going to be speedy talonflames and then I’ll race you!” Sister challenged her younger brother.
”You think so?” Fivel asked doubtfully.
”I know it! So wipe your tears and be ready for when we meet again,” Sister said confidently and the two nuzzled each other for a bit longer. Mau was kind enough to not point out, that the chances of ever seeing each other again were very slim.
Fivel chirped his final goodbyes as Sister flew to the nearest tree, where she paused to look back at him. He was still staring after her and she saluted with a wing, and he raised his as answer. She dived into the treetop and paused there once more to see him hop back alongside Mau, and she fought her tears back, before she disappeared back into the wilderness.

The rest of the team fully understood Fivel’s lost, as they had all experienced the same in some way or another, and it was a somber group who began their trip back towards the town.
They didn’t get far before they all mysteriously disappeared into thin air.

Runners
Helping some mages to escape Seaway City during the Schism, catches Calla and gets all the stuff he has in his bags.

David were true to his word and sent Yngve back to where he had been collected in the first place. It was much closer to the town than he had been before, actually right at the edge of it, which fitted Yngve just fine.
He had recalled all his team before he had been sent back and was now strolling towards Navdia Crater. He heard a voice ahead of him and pulled the cloak and hood around his body and stepped to the side up against a tree. It was another human, a handler it seems as he had pokemon out, and the camouflage clothes Yngve had got now, did its work as the other didn’t notice him as he walked past. A shining red pokeball hang in the belt and was too tempting for Yngve’s long fingers.
Where the cloak and hood helped Yngve to blend in with the surroundings, it didn’t made him invisible, and his movements caught the attention of the other and Yngve was soon running for his life.

Chatting time -dev. Post 1
Stealing/introducing Freya, chatting with Hazel and fleshing out Mimi’s background and reasoning for his behavior.

Fivel flew ahead as they quietly made their way out of Navdia City’s outskirts. With a handler so strong as the one they had just faced it was way too dangerous to stay here. Yngve thought the best solution was to return to the researchers, if he could find them again.
Yngve had sent Freya to the storage as David had told him, as it was a bit too risky having her on him, should they run into her former handler once more.
Calla was brought along instead much to her enjoyment and they successfully made it out of the city. They ran out of luck as they reached the wilderness at the volcano.

Chatting time -dev. Post 2
Hazel evolves and finally understands that she is staying with Yngve.

Hazel had still seemed to shaken from all what had happened today, so Yngve chose to let her keep Freya company and get a bit of time to calm down and relax.
Yngve were riding Lamar with Mimi and Mau beside him, while Fivel flew above and Calla pranced ahead.
"I hope we can find them again, unfortunately I don’t have the map any longer," said Yngve out loud, even though he had had a hard time reading it last time.
They followed the road they had taken the last time, in the hope the researchers were near where they had left them.
”What is that?” Asked Calle and the other slowed down as she bounded closer to the thing laying in the middle of the road. Fivel followed her and he loudly announced what it was the moment he recognized it.
”It’s an egg!”
"What is it? An egg? What is that doing out here in the middle?" Asked Yngve worried and leaped down from Lamar to go and pick it up.
"Fivel, can you see anything from the air?" Asked Yngve the fletchling, while touching the amulet which laid in his pocked.
"No! Can you see someone who might have left the egg here, take a look around," interrupted Yngve when Fivel chirped he could see Yngve and the others. The fletchling chirped some more as he flew around aimlessly, looking for a parent or something similar.
Lamar glided around near the underbrush beside the road, while Mau was looking around a bit further ahead, all trying to find some clues.
Suddenly Calla jumped into a bush and Lamar was quickly at her side.
”What is it?” He asked and Calla shook her head.
”I heard a rustling and I’m sure I saw something move around here, but whatever it was it is gone now,” she told a bit annoyed it had escaped her.

One by one they returned fruitlessly to Yngve, the last was Fivel, who wanted to see why they were all gathering.
"Nothing?" Asked Yngve and was answered with a lot of shaking heads.
"It looks like it has either been left here for someone to find, or someone has lost it. I’ll take it along and then we’ll see what we do about it," decided Yngve and remounted Lamar.
They continued on their way back towards the researchers.

(ooc: uses a revive on abra. Switching in the egg instead of Hazel. Yngve is trying to find the researchers, and they have technically taken the map back.)

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Route 7 | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.