Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Dionisia Bosc's Travels, Ray
Khaleesi
 Posted: Jun 27 2014, 05:50 PM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Total Posts: 934
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:
Elena "Ellie" Fletcher, Clare Everhart,

Awards: 2

[ Welcome to Harper! Terribly sorry for the wait. Remember to keep an egg count (1-20) in each of your posts, and don’t forget to leave a reply in the Updates Request thread after every response!

Have fun!]

---

Link to RP Sample/first post

The sun was still at its highest point as Dio made her way out of the market. In this early-summer weather, the heat hung dry and heady in the Crater this time of year, though it did nothing to deter the heavy throngs of citizens and tourists come to browse the marketplace. So it wasn’t long before her parents’ stall was out of sight, and only her new journey lay before her.

Dio was still in the marketplace, and thus still had time to make a few more purchase before she headed out to—well, where did Dio want to go first? The young woman likely knew that the General Shoppe would be coming up soon on her right, where an aipom sat, propped up against the wall and fast asleep, a sign announcing some sort of sale hanging from his neck.

To her left was a long line of stalls, selling various wares and trinkets, though jewelry and tapestries probably did not suit her needs. One stall, covered with a vibrant multi-colored awning, had bushels of ripe, sweet-smelling berries on display. Another flew the colors of Fough Place, and the grim-looking merchant was running a whetstone over an extremely expensive Sneasel Claw Dagger. A gaggle of street children were turning spits of honeyed bunnelby meat over a small fire. Well, over the back of a quilava. The food smelled good, at least. One of the children held out a tin cup for some coin.

Moving on from the marketplace, Dio had to decide exactly where she wanted to take herself. She could head out to the desert trail of Route Seven, and brave the sandstorms for the chance at some rare pokemon, or take a desert-schooner directly to Miramossa and the heart of Harper. She could head south along the Crescent Rage toward Doran Village and beyond. If no particular direction struck her fancy, the new handler could browse a job board and see where that took her.

Speaking of which, it would only be a few minutes’ walk to the nearest inn, the Red Rosemary, which was like to have its own job board and employment listings if she wanted to head there. It would take Dio some time to wiggle through the crowd assembled in front of the board that was outside the inn, but once there, a few postings would stick out:
Herds of wild durant have cut through Route Seven. Their destruction has created an opening in a rock face that leads into an unexplored cave and tunnel formation. Looking for an exploration partner to see what the caves hide! Handlers preferred, no other experience needed. Ask for Marcus Flynt at the Red Rosemary inn.

Need any help!! An unexplained rockslide on the Crescent Range has crushed the village of Dundafort and left many people and pokemon injured and without homes and food! Requesting any assistance from those willing to help! Those with any skills in healing are greatly appreciated. Dundafort village is approximately 20 miles south of Navdia.

I am requesting a person good with pokemon to deliver a package to Dedrius with much haste. A mount will be provided for you. I do not have much gold, and can only pay a little upfront,  but my family in Dedrius breeds pokemon and will give you your pick of a few of the younger ones. Thank you.

— Fei Meizhen, staying at  the Red Rosemary.

Dio’s path was a blank one, and she was free to strike out where she wished.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
- - -
X/Y FC: 5129 1837 4187
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Ray
 Posted: Jun 29 2014, 01:15 AM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 405
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:
Dionisia Bosc, James Achilles

Awards: 6

The market was as she remembered. She had grown up here, running through the stalls, smelling the scent of the delicious food that was for sale. None of their wares particularly suited her needs at the moment, but her gaze lingered at every one. It would likely be a while before she was back. Stretching her back lightly, she moved to a less crowded part of the marketplace.

Deciding to meet her new partner properly, though they had been training, Dionisia released Lavender into a clear part of the market. "Hey, Lav. You want to come up here?"

The Sentret, looking around the market, quickly decided he didn't want to be stepped on. Even the less crowded part of the market was nearly full to bursting. He clambered up Dio's legs and then torso, settling himself in the familiar starfish position atop her head.

"Alright, Ven, here's what's up. I want an ice-type Pokemon. So when we get the chance, I'm going to fly or teleport to Istin. It's summer right now, and I don't mind waiting for another season to pass until I can get there. Cooler weather will draw more out anyway. So we're going to stick around here for now."

Lavender, who had no interest one way or another as long as he was well-fed and happy, chittered a little.

Knowing there was an inn with postings nearby, Dionisia decided to see what sort of missions were available. As a new Handler, she couldn't take very important jobs, but there ought to be things worth doing.

The three postings that stood out to her were equally considered. "What do you think of exploring a cave, Lavender? You're small enough to fit."

"Sen-sentret!" It was an emphatic no. The vain little Sentret did not want his coat muddied.

"Alright, then. That leaves these two. Unexplained happenings ... I don't know if I really like the sound of that. Rockslides can be caused by a variety of sources, but powerful wild Pokemon are usually a good explanation. We're not ready for that yet, Ven. That leaves the last one, then!"

Dionisia knew she was good with Pokemon. Though the route to Dedrius could be unpredictable, having a mount provided would help her on the road, and she could catch Pokemon on the way there. The offer of a baby was also intriguing. Breeders did a lot with their Pokemon that couldn't be found outside of their ranches. That was it, then. Her mind made up, she moved away from the boards.

Never one to pass up anything that could potentially help her, Dionisia made her way back to the general store in order to look at the Aipom's sign and prepare for her mission before she met Mr. Meizhen in the Red Rosemary.

-
egg count: one

--------------------
| PM |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Jul 5 2014, 09:22 PM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:

[ 0.6 for Dio! ]

---

Dionisia doubled back from the inn after tearing down one of the fliers, and headed toward the marketplace again. She was not bothered as she walked, though the Crater citizens and tourists gave the sentret draped about her neck a few odd stares. It wasn’t often that a handler totted around a partner pokemon that was commonly hunted for food.

The aipom was still asleep when Dio dropped by the shop again. Her drawing near roused him from his slumber, and the simian pokemon jumped up, chattering, his wide eyes glancing around swiftly (presumably for his owner). Once his eyes fell on Dio, the aipom hopped back to his sign, picking it up and slinging the board across his neck by some twine. Before he leapt back into the street to dance and attract the attention of passerby, the bright paint on his sign announced a 20% sale on Misc. Items.

If Dio wished to collect a few supplies before she went back to the Red Rosemary, she could certainly head inside the General Shoppe. Inside, an old Navdian woman with wrinkled, bronze skin and a long braid of hair, white as a flaaffy’s wool, manned the counter, and was warm and receptive to any of Dio’s requests.

Dio could pass up on the shop again, of course. The other vendors from earlier would still be at their respective stands, though this time, the street children seemed thoroughly distracted by the dancing aipom. Moving on, with or without additional supplies, Dio could head right into the Red Rosemary. The inn was two stories, one of timber and the other of brick, and many windows faced the street. The windows were lined with neat boxes, where the leaves of vibrant herbs curled over the sides. The door was wooden and painted a warm shade of burgundy. Inside, the main area was constructed of several long rows of tables and benches, arranged before a large hearth that sat unlit. It was much too warm for such things. It was rather cool in here, thanks to the snorunt that slept in its own perch in one corner of the common room. With each exhale, icy air expelled from its gently shivering body.

This was evidentially a rather ritzy inn. Not every innkeep had the coin to maintain herb gardens and an ice pokemon for the summer; it was certainly beyond what Dio would be used to. A colorful many patrons and their pokemon sat amongst the tables, filling the common room with hearty din. Lunch had apparently been served recently, as plates of sweet-smelling roast ducklett and berries could be smelled from the entrance.

On the far end of the commons, separate, small tables were set against the wall, where the light of the windows did not quite reach. They were round and only sat a few people, and in the center of that row was were Dio would find Fei Meizhen. She sat mulling over a tankard and her own plate of food. Her hair was dark, straight, and cut to her chin. Her eyes were almond-shaped, a testament to her obvious Jinghwan blood, though the touch of amber in her eyes and a long nose hinted to mixed ancestry. The woman did not appear to eat much of it, instead picking through her meat and offering the berries to the pidgeotto that perched on the back of her chair, who cawed and flapped her wings at Dio’s approach.

Fei looked up, watching Dio carefully, and offering nothing to say until the new handler showed the woman the job flier. Her face would perk up then, and she would introduce herself with friendly tones and inquire as to Dio’s name and health.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, and a real blessing I had someone answer my request so quickly.” Fei ducked below the table then, and her pidgeotto leveled Dio with a sharp, narrow stare while her handler was busy. The woman returned a second later, a small pack in hand, which she put on the table and pushed toward Dio, and was quiet until Dio looked through the sack. The contents were sparse; a couple of berries, a Burn Heal, and less than a hundred gold. “Please forgive me; I do not have much to offer you right now. I hope it will be enough to take you to Dedrius. But like the posting said, my family will reward you better. The package is of the utmost importance. If you wish to back out now, I will not blame you…” Fei trailed off, worrying her bottom lip between white, straight teeth.

Dio could refuse at this point –return the goods and leave the inn, but if the new handler was determined, the Jignhwan woman’s face would split into a wide grin. “Thank you! Thank you so much.” Fei got to her feet, the pidgeotto flapping her wings and letting a short cry lose as she hopped onto Fei’s shoulder. “My younger brother, Sito, is at the stables by Route Seven. Just ask for him and tell him that Fei sent you; he has the package and is watching over the mount. Bring my flyer.” Fei looked Dio up and down and frowned. “Are you prepared for the sandstorms on Route Seven? If not… my brother could probably lend you some protective gear… In any event, I am extremely grateful to you. My family is in your debt. Best of luck to you, dear.”

Fei Meizhen would wait around should Dio have any additional questions, but otherwise, she would shake Dio’s hand if she were allowed, offer her thanks a few more times, and head to the staircase that led to the inn’s rooms.

Now Dio just had to make her way to the stables.

--------------------
- - -
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Ray
 Posted: Jul 9 2014, 03:04 AM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:

After Dionisia had returned to the shop, she spotted the sleeping Aipom. The monkey was being foolish, sleeping in the open - Navdia Crater didn't have a reputation for friendly residents. Once she drew nearer, however, the Aipom opened his eyes - perhaps the purple 'mon had merely been resting. The sign he picked up intrigued her. For the long journey to Dedrius, getting more supplies than those she had been sent out with would be a very smart idea, and there were a few miscellaneous items that could get her out of some potentially sticky situations.

Her mind made up, Dio entered the store. The woman inside was a familiar sight. Though she had not been by this particular shop before, it was easy to compare the old woman to her own mentor, Dvorah. They were both of Navdian descent, their copper skin and white hair common of old Navdian women. Dionisia felt a pang in her chest as she recalled her old mentor who had sent her out into the world. She put a hand to Lavender's tail, feeling the last real connection she had to Dvorah at the moment. She mentally shook off her nostalgia. It would do her no good as she continued onwards in her travels.

Dio went to search the shelves for supplies. A few minutes later, she laid down a large amount of supplies on the woman's counter. Lavender quickly scurried up the desk, gently adding a Potion to Dio's pile. She skritched him as he preened, clearly proud to have contributed.

“Hello, ma'am. I'd like to purchase all of these supplies - one lockpicking kit, one escape rope, a good rod, two heal balls, two quick balls if you have them in stock - if not, one ultra ball and one great ball - two full heals, and finally these two potions please. With the 20% discount on the miscellaneous items, the total should come to either 440 gold if you have the quick balls, or 445 gold if you don't. Thank you, here's your payment.”

Always one to be prepared, Dio had purchased perhaps more supplies than she needed. Then again, being caught unaware was not something she favored. Money was also a hindrance to carry around. It attracted thieves, while supplies were expected of every traveler and none of the items on their own were particularly valuable.

The large amount of supplies were a pain to fit in her pack, especially the rod. She made care not to jostle the egg her mother had given her, carefully trying to slot each item into the bag without moving it too much. That task done, with her bag slung over her shoulder again and a Sentret on her head, she moved away from the shop in search of the Red Rosemary.

The walk to the inn was not particularly long, but it had taken to her to a part of town that Dio wasn't familiar with. Her parents had not been poor, but they certainly were not used to elegance like this. The inn was lovely in every way, made of expensive brick. And the herbs growing in the windows! She could never afford to stay in such a place.

Nevertheless, she made her inside, pleased when she found the air colder. Scanning the area, she soon found the source of the chill: a sleeping Snorunt. She poked Lavender slightly to alert him. “See that Pokemon? It's called a Snorunt. It's an ice-type, just like the Pokemon we'll be going after once this job is done.”

Lavender yawned disinterestedly and attempted to curl up even tighter. He did perk up as the smell of food permeated the air. He attempted to climb down Dio in order to pick around for scraps, but she stopped him with a hand on his tail. “This isn't a place to mess around, Lavender. We've come for a job, don't get us kicked out. I know you're hungry, as am I, but we can eat after we talk to Fei Meizhen.”

The Sentret humphed but acquiesced, accepting the promise of future food. Dionisia looked around at the tables until she saw the likely poster of the request. Though she has assumed the poster was male, there was only one patron who looked of Jingwhan blood. She approached the woman cautiously, holding out the poster. Lavender, who had spotted the Pidgeotto, attempted to hide behind Dio's head.

To Dionisia's relief, the woman turned out to be quite the friendly sort, though her Pidgeotto did set Lavender on edge. “Ah, my name is Dionisia Bosc. I'm doing well, thank you for asking.”

After the pleasantries were exchanged and Dio watched Fei Meizhen duck below the table, she also noted the Pidgeotto's tilted eyes. It was wiser not to comment, though she did brush her fingers reassuringly along Lavender's fur. The Sentret was still hidden behind her head.

Once Meizhen had returned from rummaging around and produced a small bag, Dio accepted it and perused its contents. They were, as the letter said, scarce. She hadn't expected a first job to pay very well in the first place, and Dio was more concerned with finding more Pokemon for her team, so she waved away Fei's concerns.

“It's no problem. I appreciate both the trust in me by giving me a partial reward now and one later. Thank you.”

She had not counted on Fei's enthusiasm, and it took her aback slightly. “Ah - alright, then. I'll head there promptly. And thank you for offering - I will likely take you up on it. My clothes wouldn't protect me well enough, so I thank you for any help. I'd offer you a spot on my shoulder, Pidgeotto, but I'm afraid it's already taken. Would you mind flying near us instead?”

Dio turned to leave, but quickly changed her mind. “Two more questions - what should I address your Pidgeotto as, and if you don't mind, may I know the contents of the package?”

Though it was unlikely she'd change her mind now after having meet the woman, it would still soothe Dionisia to know what she would be transporting. Illegal goods would require more security and avoidance of Guardians.

Once her questions were answered, Dio headed out of the inn, stretching her arms. Lavender was displaced by the movement and chittered in displeasure, perching himself on her head instead. He kept a cautious eye on the Pidgeotto that had accompanied them outside the inn. With her supplies in hand, Sentret on head, and mind set on her mission, Dio walked towards Route Seven in search of the stables and Sito.

-
egg count: two

dio's supplies after purchase, for leesi's ease

--------------------
| PM |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Jul 13 2014, 06:55 PM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:

[ +0.7 EXP for our sentret-scarf-wearing handler ]

---

With a pack stuffed to the brim in freshly-purchased supplies, Dionisia left the shop to meet Fei Meizhen. While they exchanged pleasantries and Fei handed the new handler her pre-payment and the package, the pidgeotto never quite took her pointed stare away from Dio and Ven, though the bird looked at the sentret less as a potential meal and more as a potential threat.

Dio would find that the package—a rectangular box carefully constructed of wood, and wrapped in many layers of leather, all wound securely together with twine—was quite heavy, in spite of its small size. It Dio lifted it, she might hear glass chinking softly together, and Fei Meizhen would hastily tell Dio that the package was to be handled with the utmost care, a concerned look on her face.

At Dionisia’s questions, Fei smiled softly, though the expression did not meet her eyes. “My pretty winged companion is called May.” The pidgeotto perked at the sound of her name, but when she realized she was not being called to do anything, she smoothed her feathers down and chirped. “She will accompany you to the stables and to my brother, if it please you. She is quiet obsessive in keeping the package in her sights.” At Dio’s second question, her smile disappeared. A cloud of sadness passed over her face. “The box contains medicine,” she admitted openly, though she kept her tone down.

“It is very expensive and even more fragile, and the reason I came from Dedrius to retrieve it. My brothers and I had to ride hard to Harper’s Pass to pick up this package, and its twin. We were between here and the capital when we were attacked by bandits. We lost one of the two packages to the bandits, a rapidash took a nasty fall, and May herself fell injured.” The pidgeotto began preening herself. Upon closer inspection, Dio could see that the wing farthest from her was actually wound in tight, fresh bandages. “My brothers and I hardly made it to Marchton. We weren’t in the city more than an hour before our youngest brother, Cheng, bought a mount and took off after the bandits. Sito had hurt his leg when his rapidash fell, so I had to remain here to both care for him and prevent him from going after our brother…”

Fei trailed off, then rapidly shook her head when she caught herself rambling. “I have disclosed far too much. None of that is your issue. I need to get what medicine we do have back home and quickly. May is in no condition to carry it herself, and I do not trust any other carrier. It is why I really do appreciate your help.”

After the admission, Fei stood to return to her quarters while her pidgeotto jumped to the floor. Once outside, May evidently had no issue with hopping after Dio, and she stopped occasionally to check from crumbs between floorboards and cobblestone. The bird kept a solid distance between herself and Dio, and she did her best to make it look like she were not keeping a close eye on the human and her sentret—though never did May’s eyes stray for long.

At the stables by the gate, Navdian citizens milled about, some leading mounts by foot and others already astride their various pokemon. If Dio hesitated to head inside the stable, May would not, and she would hop and half-flutter ahead without waiting. The air inside was stagnant with the smell of straw and manure, an unpleasant, heady mix with the dry Crater air. It was shady inside, regardless, and the pidgeotto wasted to time in jumping down one of the aisles, cooing all the way.

The bird ducked inside one of the larger stalls, where a dark-haired boy of seventeen was propped atop a bushel of hay. “May!” he called excitedly, opening his arms for the pidgeotto, who flew awkwardly and painfully into his embrace. “Are you with jiejie?”

When it was Dio that came into the stall, the boy frowned, a tad confused. “Hello—can I help you?”

The stall was a rather spacious one, lined on one side with rectangular bushels of hay or straw, on which the boy sat. His right leg extended at a rigidly straight angle from his body, his calf held to a wooden splint with professionally wrapped bandaging. On the floor of the stall lay a rapidash on his side, his flanks heaving and once-great fiery mane now dull. A Navdian man was crouched over one of the rapidash’s legs, which was bent at an unnatural angle. A cherrim was passing the man potions or herbs from a large, wicker basket nearby, but besides a glance upward, the healer offered Dio no acknowledgement before returning to his work.

Sharing the stall with them was a rather magnificent-looking mare rapidash, her mane full and flaming. Her coat was gleaming ivory and her eyes dark and intelligent. The age and strength of a rapidash was said to be written in the length of their horns, and this rapidash’s horn was brilliantly long and sharp. She fixed Dio under an even, calculating stare.

---

Goodies calculations!
( thank you so much for the summary ;o; )
From the shop:
- 440 Gold
+ (2) Heal Balls (50g)
+ (2) Quick Balls (80g)
+ (2) Potions (60g) [OOC: You already have 3 potions for free, so I only charged you for two of them. If you meant to buy the full 5 potions (total 8 in profile) let me know in your next update and I will make the appropriate changes!]
+ (2) Full Heals (50g)
+ (1) Lockpicking Kit (20% off, so 40g)
+ (1) Good Rod (20% off, so 80g)
+ (1) Escape Rope (20% off, so 80g)

From Fei Meizhen:
+ (1) Burn Heal
+ (3) Random Berries:
  • Lum Berry
  • Chople Berry
  • Iapapa Berry
+ 85 g (randomized number from 70-99)

(Dio is left with 235 gold at the end of the post)

--------------------
- - -
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Ray
 Posted: Jul 14 2014, 03:19 AM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:

(should dio's travels be moved to route seven now?)
-
Dio listened carefully as Fei explained what was in the package. The weight of it, when she had hefted it up, was heavier than she expected. She mentally thanked her mother for providing her with a bag that could fit a seemingly endless multitude of things. Her attention turned back to Fei as the woman kept talking.

“I see. That's an unfortunate story for you and your family. I'll be certain to treat it with care. If I run across your youngest brother, do you have a message for him?”

Once Fei had answered, Dio turned to May. “Hello, May,” she said. She reached to stroke the soft feathers on the back of May's head, though she would pull her hand back if the Pidgeotto thought she was being objectionable. “You have a lovely name.”

Saying her good-byes to Fei, and with another promise to look after the medicine, Dionisia headed from the inn. She had stowed the medicine carefully away, attempting to put it in the safest spot possible in her pack. May hopped behind, while Lavender looked on from his perch on Dio's shoulder. When he saw the bird picking at crumbs, he pulled at Dio's hair.

“What is it, Lavend - oh, very well, but you must keep up while you look for food, and don't eat anything too nasty. Alright?”

The Sentret cheered slightly and scurried off Dio, immediately seeking out any treats that may had been left on the streets of the city. True to his word, he did keep close to Dionisia, about halfway between her and May. He did occasionally speed up, noting the bird's watchful eyes and feeling a shiver run down his back.

They neared the stable more quickly than Dio had expected. The smell made her winkle her nose in distaste - it was something she was familiar with, but it was never a stench that went away. Lavender clambered back onto her shoulder, noting the large number of Pokemon that were much bigger than himself.

Dionisia smiled slightly as May cooed her way down the stable, likely towards Sito. She was quite a fine bird. And it was cooler in the stables - much better than the normal hot Crater summer. She could not stop to enjoy the cool for too long, though. Dio quickly followed where May had gone, entering the stable after her.

“Hello. My name's Dionisia Bosc - I took the job to deliver your family's package to Dedrius. I met with your sister Fei in the Red Rosemary. This is my partner, Lavender. You must be Sito; it's a pleasure to meet you.”

She allowed a pause for the boy - well, he was her age - to ask any questions he might have.

Dio noted the other inhabitants of the stall once she was done talking with Sito. She did not want to bother the injured Rapidash or the concentrating Healer. It was a terrible thing - often Rapidash with broken legs would never run properly again. Many had them put down, believing that their usefulness was used up when they could no longer be used as mounts. Instead, she focused on the healthy Rapidash, whom she assumed would be her mount. She bowed to the mare, keeping her eyes focused away from the Rapidash's. It would not do to provoke her. Her mother had had Dio approach Ezekiel, her prized Rapidash, more times than Dio could count. Rapidash were common mounts, especially around the Crater, and it was an advantage to have interacted with one so thoroughly when she was younger.

After she came out of the bow, she held out a hand, waiting to see if the Rapidash would accept her. “Hello, lovely one. My name is Dionisia.”
-
egg count: three

--------------------
| PM |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Jul 17 2014, 04:05 PM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:

[ + 0.7! ]

[ I’ll move the topic now. (: ]
---

Sito’s eyes widened at first when Dionisia introduced herself, though his face folded into an unreadable expression a second later as he looked away for a moment. “It is nice to meet you, too Miss Bosc and Lavender. I’m glad my sister managed to find someone so soon.” He stroked the long fringe of feathers atop May’s head while the pidgeotto cooed, her eyes shut in satisfaction. Sito gestured toward the others in the stall with a jerk of his head. “That is Mister Oswin, he’s looking after my partner, Fang. Over there is my family’s prize rapidash. Her name is Jianyu, and she’s usually ridden by my sister nowadays.”

Sito caught the look Dio cast over the injured rapidash, and the boy bristled, in spite of the fact that there was nothing actually offensive in Dionisia’s eyes. “We spent the last of our gold on a good healer,” he said loudly, tone defensive. “Fang will run again.” The rapidash turned his haggard face toward Sito at the sound of his name, pain and determination in the stallion’s eyes. He snorted loudly, chasing away dirt and bits of straw under the power of his smoky breath. Sito’s face crumpled.

In the meantime, Jianyu had caught Dionisia’s interest, and when the girl drew close, the mare remained still, (well, as still as a horse with a mane of living fire could, anyway) flaring her nostrils every few seconds. Sito was quiet as Dionisia spoke to the mare, watching in interest as she approached Jianyu. At the offered hand, the mare brought her head closer, sniffing the fingers. Perhaps she smelled Dio’s mother’s rapidash on her, or just instinctually trusted the new hander, but after Jianyu chuffed rather suddenly, blowing air strong enough to toss the stray strands of Dio’s hair about her face, she leaned forward and butted her snout against Dionisia’s hand. Behind her, Sito sighed in obvious relief.

“Jianyu doesn’t take to strangers as well as she used to,” he explained. “Jiejie said she requested someone good with pokemon. I’m happy she found you.” The mare whinnied gently, quite content with whatever attention Dionisia would give her, and stared at Dio as if expecting something. Sito laughed and Fang shifted, struggling to get Dio and Jianyu in his line of sight. “Once she warms up, she’s a real swindler with an insatiable sweet tooth. Don’t indulge her too often or she’ll get so full she’ll just fall asleep right on the road.” Sito leaned behind him, grabbing a smooth, wooden, T-shaped cane. He tucked the top of the T under his arm and hobbled to his feet—well, foot. He couldn’t put any weight on his busted leg. The healer Oswin reacted for the first time, sending the boy a sharp glare of disapproval. Sito waved him off before the healer could speak. “It’s only for a second. I gotta give the girl some gear before I let her go.” With a bundle of cloth under the other arm, Sito made his way over to Dionisia, face strained. “I was warned someone might come unprepared for the Route Seven weather, so here is a head scarf and cloak for protection. They’re mine, but I washed them best I could, I promise!” He handed the bundle to her.

The cloak had once been white, but seasons of wear through the desert gave it a wind-worn look, and it had taken on the tinge of the red sands that regularly blasted the fabric. Though its ends were tattered, the cloak was of solid make, held together by a metal clasp at the front. The headscarf was of similarly good make, sewn of a checkered turquoise fabric made to be worn about the forehead and mouth. “Take it if you’d like; you’re gonna want something to protect you out there.” If she didn’t take it, he would only shrug and do his best to toss the bundle back atop one of the bushels. “When you’re ready to go, you can lead Jianyu out to the front to be saddled. Her saddle has some gear on it; an empty pouch for our package, a large waterskin, a pouch with some sweetened carrot; don’t let her eat ‘em all! I would saddle her myself, but.” He cut off and looked pointedly down at his broken leg. “Best of luck to you, Miss Bosc.”

Sito would answer any additional questions she might have, but otherwise, Dionisia was free to proceed as she pleased. Jianyu moved out of the stall at Sito’s order, keeping close to Dionisia as they headed out of the stall. The mare stuck her snout in Dio’s hair, sniffing curiously and pulling a few strands into her mouth, headless of the sentret that might be wound about the girl’s neck. Once they neared the entrance, Jianyu withdrew and then trotted around Dionisia so that she could inspect the rack of saddles hung up on many pegs. She honed in on one saddle, stuffing her nose against one of the saddlebags. Evidently the food was in there, and Jianyu would not stop her prying until Dionisia physically moved her away or the mare chewed through the pouch herself.

After being dissuaded from eating the supply of sweetened carrot, Jianyu would stamp a foreleg against the ground a few times and then remain obediently still. She waited, patient, as Dio saddled her. Dionisia could mount her after she were saddled if she wished, or take Jianyu’s reins in hand and lead the mare to the gate. At Route Seven’s gate, a guardian stopped Dionisia, stopping them to look her over once before waving them through.

Route Seven stretched in an endless, flat line away from them. The tail end of Crescent Range on the right broke the otherwise undisturbed horizon, but everything else was sandy, flat, and very, very hot. The wind was rather stagnant at the moment, the red-yellow sand still. The heat did little to deter the many people heading out from the Crater. Desert schooners and colorful caravans crowded the road, made of only the earth left hard-packed beneath the feet, paws, and hooves of countless travelers. Though the Route was congested now, Jianyu weaved through the crowd with ease, moving nimbly until she had pulled ahead of the thickest of the throng and road stretched before her.

Jianyu let out a whinny and took off like an arrow, nearly dislodging Dio in the process. The mare hit an impressive speed in a matter of seconds, and would not be deterred from her headlong gallop for several minutes. Mane streaming in a fiery blaze, Jianyu pounded down the Route, tossing her head in glee. After a few minutes, the worst of her disobedient energy wore out, and Jianyu would eventually slow to a trot—or a walk, if Dio preferred. The route was much emptier here, and the lack of crowd meant that the mare would be completely receptive to whatever orders Dionisia gave her, as if the rapidash had not ran at a reckless seventy miles per hour just a moment before.

After about an hour of travel, they were coming up on a building to the right. Made of timber and expert construction, the building had a number of travels moving in and out. It had its own stables behind it, and a long water trough crowded by many pokemon. Above the door was a large painted sign; though faded from exposure to sandy winds and sun, the cheery wartortle on the sign was clearly visible, as was the Refueling Station in yellow letters after it.

Dionisia could stop here for a moment, or she could choose to keep riding until dark.

--------------------
- - -
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Ray
 Posted: Jul 24 2014, 02:36 AM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:

Dio smiled slightly at the boy's defensive posturing over Fang. Though she wouldn't reply in fear of getting him more riled up, it was still good to know that the Rapidash would be well-cared for. Aside from the broken leg, he looked a handsome and healthy beast. The smoke was worrying, however. Healthy Rapidash were typically able to keep their smoke inside, and only emit it when necessary. It ought to heal with time, she thought.

As Jianyu sniffed Dio over, she stayed perfectly still. It wouldn't do to startle the Rapidash. She giggle slightly when her hair was tossed about, the ends tickling her neck. Lavender clutched a little tighter to her neck, and Dio brought a hand up to steady him. He was of a small stature and it wouldn't do to have him fall off.

After gaining the Rapidash's approval, Dio studied the scene in the stable. She smiled when Sito praised her abilities; her touch with Pokemon was one thing she was proud of. After working with many different species under Dvorah, Dio was pretty sure she had the hang of interacting with Pokemon. She studied Fang's leg again for a second; the healer had, from what she could tell, splinted it well and the Rapidash was keeping off it. There was nothing more to do than give the leg time to heal.

She looked up as Sito came towards her with the clothing. “Thank you. I've lived in Navdia all my life, but I left my desert clothing at home with my mother - she captures and sells Pokemon for a living, and needs it more than I.” Dio studied the clothing as she took the bundle from Sito's arms. They looked worn but still in fine condition, certainly well enough to last her the journey. “Shall I drop them off with your family when I get to the ranch in Dedrius?”

Dio grinned when Sito mentioned Jianyu's sweet tooth. She patted the mare's neck as he spoke, minding the fire. “Come on, pretty one, you can't get fat while you're with me.” The Rapidash chuffed, air leaving her nostrils as they flared. “Thank you for all the information and the supplies, Sito. Good luck healing, both you and Fang.” With that, she took her leave, looking for the saddles. Thankfully, Jianyu seemed to know the way, and she let the Rapidash lead her through the stables. She stopped suddenly when she felt Lavender squeak, and laughed when she found him trying to fend off the mare's head. She carefully moved him from his position around her neck, and stuck him in her bag. He chittered in protest, but was silenced by one of Dio's fingers on his head. “It's only temporary, Lav. You'll be out soon.”

Soon the trio came to the saddles, while Dio was puzzling over which saddle she should use, she noticed Jianyu heading for one in particular. She pulled the saddle off the peg, ignoring the mare's huff of protest for the time being. The mare was lovely and still while she was saddled, evidently well trained even with a strange rider. Once she had been saddled, Dio did pull out some carrot, offering it to Jianyu. Better to gain more trust with the Rapidash while she could. Route Seven could be deadly, and she would rather have the mare on her side. The Rapidash fought the bit for a second, uncomfortable with the strange metal object. Dio patted her head, making sure to keep the reins at a comfortable level for the mare's neck. She also moved the medicine from her bag to the pouch on the saddle.

It was far easier to move through the city on a mount, and Dio threw herself onto the saddle, holding Jianyu's reins. Lavender, still parked in Dio's bag, had crossed his arms - or attempted to. The effect came off as more comedic than one of annoyance, and Dio laughed when she saw the Sentret's gesture. “Just a little longer, Lav.”

Dio maneuvered Jianyu out of the stables, and headed towards the gates that would take them to Route Seven. She was greeted with a familiar sight once they came upon the gates. Her mother had taken her to Route Seven often in search of rare Pokemon once she had learned Dionisia was interested in her business. It was a little earlier than Dio tended to like to go; while hot in the mornings, it would only become worse soon. It was much better, in her opinion, to set out in early evening and travel by the light of the moon, resting during the heat of the day. Still, one did what one must.

She gave no glance to the Guardian who waved them through. The long caravans that stretched in front of them were easily bypassed by the Rapidash, and soon they found themselves at the front of the mass. Dio gasped when Jianyu took off, managing to grab the reins and keep herself steady. She was suddenly glad Lavender was still in her pack. The small Sentret could have been blown off entirely at the speed the Rapidash was running.

Eventually Jianyu calmed down, her excess energy clearly spent. Dio slowed her to a trot, not wanting too much of her energy to be wasted. There was a long journey ahead of them, after all.

She stopped at the refueling station for a brief moment, just long enough for Jianyu and Lavender to take a drink. Dio had no real intention of stopping for longer than necessary, wanting to continue while the temperatures were not up so high. After both Pokemon had had their fill, Dio remounted Jianyu, placing Lavender back in his typical spot.

With that, they were off again, heading towards Miramossa. Perhaps she could find a Pokemon or two out here - but with the medicine seeming of vital importance, maybe that could wait until later. If she had the luck to spot a Pokemon while they were stopped, she might go for a capture. In the meantime, though, she focused on the expanse of desert ahead of them.

-
egg count: four

--------------------
| PM |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Jul 30 2014, 02:23 AM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:

[ + 0.7 EXP

Also this was 100% Carni’s idea. sshhhhh. ]

---

Jianyu pounded down Route Seven on hooves that clearly knew where they were going. Perhaps the rapidash understood the urgency of the mission at hand, or that she was crowded in that stable for too long, but Dionisia and company were moving westward at a respectable clip. It would take at least two days travel before they came to Miramossa—and at Jianyu’s brisk pace, it was likely they’d put a third of Route Seven behind them before having to stop for sleep.

Dusk rapidly descended upon the desert, drenching the valley in hues of warm light that lit up the endless expanses of dunes in dark shades of crimson. Navdia Crater, Dio’s home, was long out of sight; only the the mountains surrounding the hot, dusty city could still be seen, and the encroaching night was quickly swallowing even them from view. Black wings of a mandibuzz could be seen wheeling above in the last rays of daylight, the massive bird casting an even larger shadow across the Route. Jianyu heeded no distractions. Pokemon darted in and out of brush and shrubbery, dark blurs against a darkening backdrop, whose species were hard enough to identify with a glance, and impossible with Jianyu’s speed. The mare would perhaps be more cooperative on the next day’s ride but tonight, it was only the road. They continued on at a trot.

Steadily, a full moon rose, breaking past the peaks of Crescent Range, like the silhouette of some great beast in the sky, maw expanded, throat glowing with energy, and its jagged mountain-teeth ready to swallow the entirety of the night sky. Cool air whipped by Dio in her saddle, such a welcome reprieve from their hot afternoon run. Jianyu kept on for a few hours still, until the mare finally slowed to a walk. Her mane flared and fluttered; a bright beacon on this nighttime road, though Dio could likely tell the rapidash was becoming more fatigued than the proud creature would let on. Dio had set out to ride during the night, when it was cooler, and Jianyu herself was determined to still continue at a leisurely walk as her heaving sides slowed to steady breaths.

They’d quickly learn why they came across no other travelers on the road that night.

Jianyu had stopped to sniff curiously at the thin leaves of some shrubbery and rest her legs a moment when the first of them approached. A blue shadow of no origin zipped across the Route from the other end, silent and neigh-impossible to spot between the darkness and Jianyu’s natural light source. At the mare’s left flank, the shadow stilled, and then shifted toward one way then the next, as if contemplating its next move, when the ghost emerged. Pulling itself out of the shadow as if it were a hole in the earth, the round body of a golett emerged and jumped into the air while the shadow-portal collapsed on itself. It floated, ever silent, in Dio’s blind spot, as it pursued a saddlebag.

Jianyu noticed something amiss first. The mare shot her head up, ears flickering about, before she snapped her head around, threw back her mane, and screamed. The golett seemed nonplussed, even after Jianyu pulled them ahead a few feet while she lashed out with a back hoof. Her kick landed square on the ghost’s round belly—and continued, as if the creature was merely gas. It blinked its glowing, yellow eyes at them and exploded in a scattering of faint, bluish mist, dropping the satchel it had stolen from them. Sweetened carrot hit the sand with a wet splat.

Immediately after, Dio felt a soft tugging at her right boot, where she would find another (or the same?) golett prying at another of the bags. Jianyu, her eyes wide and white, snapped at the creature. She was rewarded with only the same burst of mist. Frightened, she snorted and took off at a gallop. Clearly unconcerned about stealth now, blobby blue shadows rocketed after Dio and company along the ground—Dio could make out at least three in pursuit.

Ahead of them, a golett blinked into existence at eye level, its arms wide apart. Jianyu began to slow as the ghost slapped its hands together, a wave of dark energy rushing from its closed palms. It hit Jianyu like a sharp backhand and the mare reared herself up to full height, whinnying frantically. Dionisia held on for all she was worth during the long seconds Jianyu stood, clawing the air with her front hooves. She could hear the medicine bottles chinking against one another. The rapidash came back down on all fours hard, jarring Dio badly.

A golett was inches from Dionisia’s face when the rapidash came back down. Its eerie, asymmetrical eyes narrowed.

It seized Dionisia by the shoulders while a second golett grabbed her about the waist, and the two tossed the girl off the saddle. The sand rushed up to meet Dio, who hit the ground and rolled off the road. Luckily for her, the ghosts had dumped her toward the edge of the route, where the ground was less packed and the sand cushioned her fall. When she came up, she would feel sore and disoriented and find her palms and knees bleeding, but she was unhurt otherwise. Lavender, should Dio have kept her sentret out, was much more flexible and durable, and would be fine.

And when Dio came up, she saw Jianyu running desperately, wildly away, with the ghosts all over her back. They disappeared in a hasty cloud under every of Jianyu’s frantic blows, only to appear again a few seconds later. The mare shrieked, and Dio could see spears of flamethrowers split the night sky, the lances of flame cutting randomly, so bright it stung Dio’s eyes even from their distance of twenty-some yards.

Jianyu needed help fast.

---

Ambush!

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/622.png x 4 at least
genderless lv. ???
abilities: ????
egg moves: ????
Condition: Attacking Jianyu, interested in what she is carrying.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/78rapidash.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif lv.35
Jianyu
Abilities: Flash Fire & Flame Body (clearly not Run Away…)
Condition: In a bad way. Will likely run off completely or attract more attention if Dio doesn’t get to her soon.

--------------------
- - -
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Ray
 Posted: Aug 24 2014, 05:47 AM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:

ooc. jeez. okay. this update took forever & i don't think it's up to snuff, but i wanted to get it done.

-
Dio gradually relaxed as her small group progressed across the route. It was a nice night, cooler by far - but what wasn't? - than the blistering heat of the afternoon. The idea of catching more Pokemon along the route had intrigued her, but Jianyu would clearly broke no interruptions. Dio would have to wait for an opportunity to add to her team.

The scenery flew by at a rapid pace, the Rapidash clearly intent on clearing the route as fast as was possible. The reckless pace she had immediately set after they had left Navdia was gone, but Dio thought the Rapidash had been assured of the mission's importance by her Handler. Sito had been nice enough, if a little aggravated - natural for a young man who had been recently hindered by an injury.

Her thoughts occupying her, Dio almost didn't notice when Lavender crawled from the bag onto his perch, wrapping himself around her neck and shoulders. She smiled faintly and pet the Sentret's fur, laughing as he wriggled himself into a tighter position. "Like an Ekans, aren't you?" Lavender only gave a little purring noise in reply, a warm comfort now in the cool of the night.

The act of riding a Rapidash was slightly uncomfortable, and Dio knew her thighs would be tight and sore from riding so long and so far. It was a welcome reprieve when Jianyu stopped to teeth at a bush, and Dio took the moment to stretch in the saddle, her fingers cracking as her arms were stretched over her head. It was a lovely, peaceful moment - one she hoped would be repeated many times throughout her journey.

It was a shocking jar when Jianyu's head shot up, too fast for Dio to really respond before the mare lashed out. Her hands, faster than her brain, held tight to the rein and she was able to avoid being bucked off, but barely. The Rapidash's scream pierced the night, and Dio added her own voice when those glowing yellow eyes met her own. Lavender's fur was up, his head and ears alert as he tried to make sense of the situation. There was no time to figure it out, though - Dio felt a tug on her boot and gasped, trying to kick out at the aggressor. Jianyu got there first, snapping at the ghost.

No time to warn Jianyu physical attacks wouldn't work - the Rapidash took off like a shot, and Dio knew she wouldn't be able to hear her over the rush of wind. Dio barely had time to look back, notice the ghosts in pursuit as Jianyu ran. It was only when the ghost appeared ahead of them that she could make out the species - a Golett. It clapped its hands together, a gross parody of applause. Jianyu bucked, and Dio held onto the reins again, trying to shift her weight so she wouldn't fall. She heard the medicine jars clink as Jianyu went down, and cringed internally - Arceus, imagine if she made it to Dedrius only to have the medicine broken and useless!

The golett in front of her face shocked her, but not as much as cold arms wrapping around her waist. Lavender screamed, a warning call to all in the area who could hear. The two were tossed unceremoniously aside, landing on the rough, loose sandy dirt on the side of the route. Dio stayed down for a moment, the impact rolling in her head. The cuts on her hands and knees stung something fierce, and she knew how easily they could get infected if they weren't cleaned. Pokemon manure, item residue - who knew what else, mixed with dirt. Hardly the most of her worries, though. She could see Jianyu bucking frantically, trying to keep the ghosts from their objective. Those flamethrowers were useless - she cursed the Rapidash's unfamiliarity with the ghosts.

Dio looked around for Lavender, only to see the small Sentret running towards Jianyu, using Quick Attack combined with his natural speed to reach her sooner. Stopping the Sentret wasn't on her mind - the fall tampered with her thinking. Instead she reached for her fallen bag, searching frantically for any ball-shaped objects she could use to toss towards the Goletts. She found four, hopefully one for each Golett, and she tossed them with all her strength, hoping at least one of the ghosts would be caught and stopped. Once they were thrown, she started running towards the Rapidash and Sentret, hoping to somehow help Jianyu - and possibly pick up any balls that had captured Goletts.

Meanwhile, Lavender was embroiled in a fight of his own. He had raced towards Jianyu and the Goletts, firing up an Iron Tail, aiming for one of the Goletts. The interruption of the ball-shaped objects didn't snap his focus - he knew Dio would be involved somehow. He aimed for the Golett nearest the medicine pouch, knowing the focus of the mission.

-

Battle Summary
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/161sentret.png
Used Quick Attack to reach Jianyu
Attempted to use Iron Tail on a Golett

Dio
Threw items at the Goletts

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/78rapidash.png
Panicking!

-

egg counts:
egg two - either one or four? not sure if the popper level counted since dio got it at the same time as the egg.

Also, Dio ended up throwing two Pokeballs, one Quick Ball, and in all her brilliance, an Oran berry. Also, not sure if Harper uses calculators, but if the balls happen to connect with Golett - the Pokeballs have a 25% catch rate, and the Quick Ball something like 95%.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Sep 1 2014, 02:27 AM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:

[ + 0.7 EXP for last post.

The second egg’s bonus from leveling up can count. Don’t forget to add your new bonus counts from PCR. And mannn, I never noticed how high a catch rate Quick Balls have. I need to gets me some. Will be bringing in the rhyhorn in the next post!]

---

The coating of Dionisia’s Quick Ball gleamed silver in the moonlight as it cut an arc for the nearest of the golett. It struck the ghost-type square in the back, producing a hollow ringing sound, before the ball curved backward. The Quick Ball’s center snapped around and the magical device split in half as an eruption of light lanced toward the golett. For what it was worth, the golett turned toward the sphere, and its strange, glowing eyes took on a look that was akin to shock, before it was entirely enveloped in red luminance.

As the two other, standard pokeballs whizzed by, the Quick Ball clunked dully to the sandy ground and shook once, twice, three times, and then was still.

Pokemon Get!
    http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/622.png
    Golett

Lv. 05 Exp: 0/4
    Friendliness: {||||||||||}
    Original Handler: Dionisia Bosc ( Ray )
    Held Item: Light Clay
    Health & Condition: Quite upset and aggressive (though not necessarily violent)
    Abilities:
    Iron Fist: The power of punching moves is increased by 20%.
    No Guard: The accuracy of all moves known by this Pokémon and all Pokémon targeting this Pokémon raises to 100%
    Moves: [ primary / secondary ]
    Pound, Astonish, Defense Curl, Mud Slap, Earthquake, Bulldoze,
    Notes:
    Obtained at lv.05 on Route Seven

Only one of Dio’s pokeballs came close to any of the other golett. The other hit the dirt several feet from one, and rolled a few meters where it got trapped on a patch of vegetation. The one that met its mark did not bounce off the hide of the golett like the Quick Ball; instead, the orb passed right through its body in a soundless puff of mist, and the struck golett disappeared a second after, as if made of sandy, purplish fog that subsequently rained down to the earth. Luckily for Dio, the pokeball had not even registered a pokemon, so the ball was not wasted in the process.

The golett that was missed entirely spun around. Its eerie eyes shifted rapidly, from the discarded balls to the Navdian hander, and then its face folded inward with rage. A chattering emitted from what was likely its mouth, and the ghost-type shot toward the sand, its armored hands extended. When its hands came into contact with the sand, the ground began to quake.

The golett slammed its hands down again, and the earth let loose a guttural rumbling. A rift erupted from the ground and the sound of rushing sand filled the air as it tumbled into the new fissure. One of Dio’s pokeballs rolled into the darkness. At the spreading of the golett’s arms, the rift raced outward on either side into the gloom, effectively cutting Dio off from Jianyu and Lavender. The Quick Ball was on her side of the hole, the pokeball and Oran Berry were not. Crackling and groaning, the width of the rift increased, at least until it was too wide to consider leaping it in the dark. The golett met Dionisia’s eyes only briefly, and then it was gone, zipping back toward the fight.

Dionisia could make a grab for the Quick Ball, but regardless if she did or not, a shadow would fall from the sky, a feathered blur as a set of enormous talons landed heavily atop it. The sand absorbed much of the shock, keeping the pokeball from being crushed. Feathers ruffled and a man chuckled. Looking up, Dionisia would first see the moonlight glinting off a pair of metal pauldrons in blurry, silver rays, protecting the shoulders of a man in dark leather armors. A spear and the end of a short bow poked over his head, but there were not weapons in his hand.

One of the heads of the doduo on which the man was astride released a splintery caaaaw, before his beak dipped to retrieve Dio’s Quick Ball under his foot. He leaned back and dropped the ball in the waiting hand of his handler. The man examined the Quick Ball as if it were some gem he’d found in the desert. “A wild one must’ve found its way amongst mine,” said he, and then he looked down at Dionsia. His features were obscured beneath a hood, though she could just make out his dark beard and steel-colored eyes. “Thank you for capturing it for me. Now—” with the ball still in hand, he grabbed at the reigns of his mount, “—were you the one riding a flaming rapidash in the middle of the night all by your lonesome, dear?”

Across the rift, Lavender had reached Jianyu with surprising speed. Gleaming like a real iron sword, his tail came whipping around for the golett currently in the process of prying through Jianyu’s saddlebags. For once, this golett was solid. The Iron Tail cracked against its hide, and the ghost screeched as the power behind Lavender’s attack sent it careening into the ground. Sand popped into the air beneath the crater the golett left. Its partner appeared, sweeping up into the air from the other side of Jianyu’s flank. Its eyes glowered as the third golett made a beeline for Lavender, its fist snapped back and sheathed in purple aura. Lavender hadn’t the time to dodge.

The glowing fist came screaming down upon Lavender’s skull—and then through it. The golett’s attempted Shadow Punch passed right though the sentret’s entire body, and the momentum of its descent sent it spiraling through the air, confused and angry at the ineffectiveness of its attack.

Lavender may have few moves that would be effective against these pokemon, but the ghosts also had a limited pool of useful attacks.

The beasts finally off her, Jianyu split off. Her beautiful mane and tail were flaring in agitation and fright, flames spurting off her frame wildly. She raced ahead several paces and then turned. The rapidash leveled all around her with a frightening, challenging stare. She opened her mouth, and heat began to coil in the back of her throat…

As its partner whirred off, the second golett had recovered, at least enough to shovel up an armful of the sand, turn the concoction to a thick, wet paste, and fling it at Lavender, who took the Mud-Slap right to the face. Lavender lurched backward, instinctively wiping away at the muck with her paws. It would take her a second to clear it away enough to see again.

---

Battle Summary below the cut!

Inventory Changes:

- (2) Pokeballs (one can be retrieved, but not now)
- (1) Oran Berry (can be retrieved, but not now)
- (1) Quick Ball

The golett will be registered in Dio’s profile when she has gotten it back. ;D

--------------------
- - -
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Ray
 Posted: Oct 10 2014, 08:52 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:

Dio watched as her various items flew through the air, one connecting with a Golett and miraculously removing it from the fray. Arceus, she hadn't thought about actually catching any of them! She had just wanted them away from Jianyu. Maybe she could trade the Golett for something, she thought, watching as the ball rolled on the ground.

When the next ball didn't register the Golett, though, her eyes flew wide open. She'd seen that before - not with a ghost-type, but it would make sense the ball would phase through - hunting for Pokemon with her mother. They had come across a Zorua, well groomed and attractive to potential buyers. Her mother had weakened the Pokemon, but when she went for the catch - nothing. The ball bounced off the fox Pokemon as if it was a rock. Dio's mom had cursed, damn stupid handlers for letting their Pokemon run off, and they'd walked around before finding the Zorua's owner. He was a young boy, his clothes rich and fine, and the Zorua has been a gift for his thirteenth birthday. Asra returned the Zorua with a bow and a smile, offering healing items, but when she was walking back with Dio her sour mood returned. "Be cautious of people who let their Pokemon run free, Dionisia; they're either malicious or idiotic, and you want to avoid both," she had said, before they set off in pursuit of other prey.

Her reminiscing was interrupted by the Golett the ball had failed to register, which chattered an angry insult to its pride as it tore the earth apart. The gap between Dio and Lavender grew ever-wider, and Dio gasped as she realized she was cut off from any help. The ball that caught the Golett was on her side, though - it could be her only chance at protection. She grabbed for it, but toppled back when she saw sharp talons land on the ball's smooth surface.

She landed hard, jarring her head against the sand. It was good it wasn't more packed - the blow was softened somewhat, but the crack was still enough to make her dizzy. The man did not help her mood or her confusion. She knew it was words that the man was saying, but they didn't register until "flaming rapidash" and beyond. Dio sat up slowly, rubbing the back of her head. She asked the first question to pop up in her mind. "Are those Goletts yours? The Pokeball - it didn't, it didn't even register there was Pokemon, that only happens with owned Pokemon, why did you sic them on us? What's the point?" Her voice became higher and more frantic through her speech, wanting answers from the strange man who had appeared. "And obviously I was the one riding, your ghosts threw me off!"

Her eyesight was slowly coming back to normal, but the purple flash caught her attention, and she turned her head to the side. The man and his Doduo were still in her peripheral vision, but her focus was on Lavender - her starter, her friend, her protection - and the fist about to come down onto his brittle skull. Dio couldn't scream, voice caught in her throat. Her first night out, she had known, she had told them nothing good would come of this! She could only watch as the fist came down, splitting the night air so slowly it was like it was moving through syrup ... and passing through Lavender's head. How - how had her precious Sentret escaped death? The answer came to her - ghost. It was ghost-type move. She laughed, the sound fading into the desert. Lavender was safe, he was safe, safe, safe.

She couldn't see the mud-slap the hit Golett used, striking Lavender on the face. But she could see Jianyu's fire growing bigger, preparing for an attack. Lavender was on the ground, trying to use the unpacked sand to scrape the mud off his face. That saved him - Jianyu released her flame, the heat at the back of her throat grown to where she could not hold it. The area was scorching, the heat palpable from even as far away as Dio was. It was blinding, and Dio screwed her eyes shut, wanting to open them again and be back in her own bed.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/161sentret.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif lvl 10
-Trying to scrape the mud off his face.
-Lying on his back.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/78rapidash.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif lvl 35
-released her flamethrower.
-

oh god ok
egg count 1: eighteen
egg count 2: five
egg count 3: two

--------------------
| PM |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Oct 19 2014, 12:27 AM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:

[ + 0.7 for last post!

Your first egg is close enough to hatching that if you’d like to know what’s inside, I can let you know—just shoot me a PM or ask an admin if you see ‘em in cbox. Dio’s got a dang nursery on her now. Did you want these eggs to be introduced at some point ICly or something else?]

---
    The man leveled Dionisia with an absolutely affronted sneer, and his effort to stare down at her from over his nose pulled his hood back enough to reveal the hard angles of his face, and the leather-like quality of his skin—sun-tanned, but not as dark as a native Navdian. He sniffed. “I wanted to make sure it was your dumb ass my roaming pack found, is all.” The doduo gave a slight jolt at the action going on across the chasm, but the rogue pulled in his pokemon with a jerk of the reigns. One head squawked loudly in yearning, while the second took a few jabs at the first’s neck.

He ignored the squabbling of his pokemon. “Now this is all very simple, Miss—call off your rat and your rapidash, surrender your belongings, and I won’t sell you to a slaver, you understand me? I’ll let you and your untamed group go, unharmed. I just want your valuables.” He wheeled the doduo around with one arm and reached back for his spear with his other hand. “We do this the easy way, yah?”

From across the rift, orange light abruptly flared to life, cascading the dark valley in exceedingly harsh rays. The doduo’s twin heads cried out in confusion and in pain, eliciting curses from the man astride him as he struggled to maintain control. The Quick Ball slipped from his fingers and rolled away into some shrubbery. For all their arguing, the doduo was well-trained, and the bird only shrieked and fluttered about a bit before forcing themselves still again.

The man’s teeth shone in the light as he spun in his saddle toward Dio, jaw gnashing and spittle flying. “I said call off your—! A slab of earth shot diagonally up from the ground, cutting him off and forcing him to yank back his mount. With a rumble, a second and third slab rose up in a tent formation around the first, though the doduo was swift enough to dodge away. Sand shot up from the top of the prism where the slabs met in a violent crashing, showering the surrounding area in grit.

The doduo’s left head turned and screamed—and there was a scream in return, callous and gravely, like two rocks grating against one another. From behind Dio, a boulder moved into the moonlight as the last of the debris fell to the ground. It had a gray hide, four feet in a lumbering gait, and a pair of furious crimson eyes. The rhyhorn released another roar, the vibrations from which were so strong that Dionisia could feel it in her bones.

For all it was worth, neither of the doduo’s heads flinched at the sudden newcomer, though the man bore a shocked expression that folded quickly into a tight frown. The commotion had tossed back his hood, freeing a few of the long, dark hairs that had been held back in a ponytail near his neck. A scar dissected his right eyebrow and just skimmed the corner of his eye before the pale scar tissue disappeared into the hair around his ear. “There shouldn’t be these unwieldy idiots wandering around so far from migration season,” he snarled. “You some sorta witch, girl? Calling on all these amateur rodents to come to your aide?”

The rhyhorn snorted, sending out a spray of dust and sand, and stamped a foot down in a gesture of finality.

“So it won’t be the easy way, today, I suppose,” the man said, as he slipped off the back of his doduo and began to prepare his bow.

---

Jianyu’s frantic Flamethrower issued forth an inferno that continued on for several long, heated seconds as she dosed the surrounding area in the manifestation of the culmination of her fears. As it was busing trying to spin around for another go at Lavender, the rapidash’s fire hit the third golett directly. The ghost-type screeched a piercing cry as it was engulfed. The second one was lower to the ground, but its side was still grazed rather badly. Miraculously, Lavender himself only suffered a few singed whiskers and the loss of a few tail furs. Jianyu ended her rampage, plunging the battlefield back into relative darkness and filling the ensuing silence with her hard panting. The third golett fell to the ground with a clatter as it phased in and out of the corporeal world in an attempt to mitigate the pain it was experiencing.

The second lifted into the air, an angry, black scorch mark smeared across its left flank, and tossed an arm in a scooping motion toward the rapidash. The ground beneath it jumped at its command, shooting a spray of mud at Jianyu. Nostrils flaring in alarm, the rapidash side-stepped the Mud-Slap—into the waiting arms of the golett number-one.

After creating the Earthquake that kept the humans away from the fray, the first golett had darted directly into the pokemon battle. Jianyu whinnied at the sudden appearance of yet another adversary, and, this time, instead of running, she lowered the point of her horn. The rapidash hesitated. Perhaps she knew normal, physical attacks would be ineffective against these opponents, or maybe she did not wish to risk further damage to her parcel—but the rapidash did back down. She did not retreat, however, though her eyes flitted toward Lavender, obviously looking for assistance.

The first golett did not wait around for Lavender to make a move. The creature pulled its arms and legs into the hollow shell that was its body, and it crashed down to the ground with a tremendous noise. With visible effort, Jianyu resisted the urge to rear back to avoid the wave of ground that rushed forth to meet her. She took the Bulldoze directly to the snout and chest, baring those vulnerable parts of her instead of the saddlebags. The first and second golett began to circle in preparation for another move while Jianyu tried to recover.

---

Battle Summary under the cut!

--------------------
- - -
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Ray
 Posted: Feb 18 2015, 09:48 AM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:

[ faints its been so long. adding One Egg Count from dio's inventory to the phantump egg so it hatches next post. thanks!

egg one: twenty
egg two: six
egg three: three ]

Dio watched as the rogue spat out insults at her, pulling at his Doduo's reins. Her mind tried to move, but it felt sluggish, like her thoughts were moving through Combee honey. Her breaths came out thick and panting, lungs filling like she was taking her last breath. Her first night out - ! She threw the thought away. It would do her - not only her, but Jianyu and Lavender - no good to whine. She needed to think. How would she get out of this?

She focused back on what her would-be robber was saying. Would her belongings include her pokemon? She couldn't give up Lavender, and Jianyu had been entrusted to her - and so had the medicine Jianyu was carrying. Someone needed that medicine. It would undoubtedly sell well, but it wasn't his for the taking. No, they wouldn't do this the easy way. She reached around for the short sword held on her hip, but the flamethrower threw her off before she could pull it.

In the confusion, she didn't note the Quick Ball rolling away. She did curse mentally when the Doduo didn't lose its footing - the birds were common mounts but prone to in-fighting, but this one was clearly well-trained. She shirked back a little when the rogue screamed, but straightened her shoulders and was about to reply when the earth shook to life, rock shooting from the desert floor. Two more joined their brother, creating a pyramid that the Doduo managed to flutter out from. Dust scattered onto her, coating her clothing in grey-brown. Her eyes were hit slightly, and she screwed them shut.

Dio took the opportunity to scramble to her feet, hands stinging as she rose. She'd have to clean them later, she thought numbly, so they didn't get infected. The Doduo's scream knocked her back into her head, and she blinked furiously for a minute, trying to clear her eyes. A few tears leaked out, making streaks through the dirt on her face. She was focused on keeping an eye on the rogue and an eye on the situation on the other side of the rift, focused on her traveling companions. When the gravelly roar rang out, she turned her head in shock. Something had had to make those slabs, of course - but a Rhyhorn? The rogue was right, it was too far out of their migration season. Could someone have abandoned it? No, back to the battle, focus - she caught the edge of the rogue calling the Rhyhorn an 'amateur rodent', and stifled the inappropriate urge to giggle. It seemed to be on her side, though. Maybe she had a chance, maybe it would listen to orders - maybe, maybe. Hopefully.

Arceus be damned, what moves did the things know again? She had seen enough, they were common around Navdia. She ought to know. But it depended on how strong it was, how - okay. Ground moves would be of no use against the Doduo, and anything that affected the rogue would affect her too. She had to pin her hopes on - "Rock Polish and Stone Edge, Rhyhorn! If - er - if you don't know them, horn attack." Her voice trailed off at the end. Arceus, she hoped it knew rock-type moves!

Across the gorge, Lavender crowed when he saw the golett phasing in and out, chittering encouragement to Jianyu. He yelped in alarm, trying to alert her to the Mud-Slap. He spotted the next golett too late, unable to stop her from stepping into its waiting arms. He felt the vibrations through the earth, and shuddered. Jianyu didn't belong to Dio, but she was part of his family, even temporarily. She was his to protect.

He growled, feeling the sound drum through his belly. They hadn't had much cause to deal with ghosts back in the forest, but there had been one night when young gastlies had descended on their den, eager to cause mischief. His father was never there, a Vulpix that had been passing through, but he could remember his mother's soothing voice, telling him about a technique that could make ghosts vulnerable when they normally won't. He focused his energy now, calling it to focus in his eyes. He could see where the ghosts were weak, how they could be hit. He puffed his fur out, getting ready to attack one of the healthy goletts. He was angry, he was furious - it was his clan, his responsibility. He let the energy out, trying to ram into a golett and knock it down.

Jianyu breathed besides him, trying to focus on something not the pain near her chest. She couldn't see, but she still had weapons. Her mane and tail flared, turning white for a moment before bursting out near her. It hovered around like a shield of fire, hopefully hurting any goletts that would come near her and give her a moment to recover.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/111rhyhorn.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
-Ordered to use Rock Polish & Stone Edge

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/161sentret.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
-Used Foresight.
-Attempted to hit a golett with Retaliate

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/78rapidash.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
-Used Fire Spin to form a protective barrier around herself

:Dio:
-lord why me

--------------------
| PM |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Mar 3 2015, 04:05 AM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:

[ +0.7 EXP for last post. Lavender is such a cutie, he's like a protag from a shonen anime. NAKAMA. ANYWAY I hope my interpretation of the phantump hatching is alright; idk how else to describe why a ghost would be birthed from an egg. ]
---
    At her voice, the rhyhorn’s eyes shot in Dio’s direction, as though the pokemon were noticing her for the first time. His gaze strayed over her for a heartbeat before he snorted, rolling his shoulders as he settled into a wider stance. The rhyhorn did not bother with any set-up moves, progressing straight into a Stone Edge; a foot stomp freed a trio of cones from the cracked ground in front of him, and they soared like thrown lances toward the duduo. In a show of very pointed violence, the rhyhorn released a furious roar and charged, not even waiting to see if the Stone Edge hit its mark.

The rogue, unperturbed by the flying rock, set an arrow to rest and began tracking the rhyhorn’s movement. The duduo collected its wits long enough to leap the first rock, deflect the second with a well-timed kick—even though his talons came away bloody, but took the third stone to his side. A glancing shot, but a super-effective move did not have to be much more than that to show serious damage. The flying-type landed sloppily, streaks of scarlet now marking across his belly and down one leg like messy veins. The left head cried keenly while its twin kept up a simmering silence. Five yards from the bird, the rogue loosed his arrow at the charging rhyhorn. It clipped his cheek in a brief spray of sparks—mere millimeters below the reckless creature’s eye—but a bizarre stroke of luck had the arrow ricochet downward and into the vulnerable shoulder joint of his front right leg. It slipped right past the stone plating and into his flesh.

His charge stopped dead, the rhyhorn trumpeted, a furious, pained cry, and stumbled into the sand with a heaviness powerful enough for Dio to feel. The rogue’s lip curled into a smirk and he set the ground-type in his sights once more.

During the exchange of blows, a steady rustling had begun in Dio’s bag, growing in urgency until it could no longer be ignored. One of her eggs rolled out into the moonlight, twirled across the grit and sand, and fell still. Whatever was inside appeared to have lost its fight; a single chip sailed off the ivory shell, popping an opening from which a yellow-tinted liquid oozed forth, but nothing more happened for a moment.

Abruptly, something brown and gnarled punched a hole through the small opening—a tree branch? A head emerged soon after, a pair of large, oval eyes watching with extreme caution. Its head had been freed, but it then seemed to have gotten stuck after a broken half of the egg folded in on itself. It struggled a second before apparently remembering it was not forced to be corporeal; the little ghost floated through the remaining obstacles and hovered a foot over the ground.
Congrats; it’s a girl!
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/77-Phantump_zps93980c42.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
Phantump

Lv. 01 Exp: 0/4
Friendliness: {||||||||||}
Original Handler: Dionisia Bosc ( Ray )
Held Item: ---
Health & Condition: Fine
Abilities: Hander’s Choice
Moves: [ primary / secondary ]
Tackle, Confuse Ray, Grudge [egg], Venom Drench [egg], Solar Beam, Energy Ball, Grass Knot
Notes:
Hatched from an Egg
Trigger: UHHH gotta find out if ghosts from starter eggs have player chosen or moderator chosen triggers. Sorry, will let you know.
    If Dio looked, she might see that the leftover egg was still occupied; something hairless, wrinkled, pale, and wholly underdeveloped was partially exposed to the air after the phantump’s escape. The embryo inside would never breathe air, but its spirit was determined to live on. To be borne to such violent commotion, even as a ghost, was truly startling, and the baby summoned a defensive tendril of light, one which shot off like an underwater pulse toward the battling pokemon.

From Dio’s angle, it was hard to tell the rhyhorn’s reaction to the Confuse Ray, though the doduo almost immediately fell to bickering amongst its personalities, ceasing whatever attack it was preparing so that one head might peck at the neck of the other. The rogue gritted his teeth, loosing his draw a fraction so that he might drop back some. His arrow shifted from the rhyhorn, to Dio, to the phantump, clearly unsure of which target to choose.

--

Jianyu’s Fire Spin was absolutely brilliant. Ribbons upon ribbons of flame swirled around her body, and the rapidash rose up on her hind legs as the curls of fire consumed her, rising past her snout. She whinnied triumphantly as her fiery protection repelled the first golett, forcing the ghost to recoil with burn marks over its arms. It spun backward until it came to a stop beside the third golett. Lavender’s Fore Sight honed the little sentret in on the second golett, and specifically toward the crack in its hide, a weakness not visible in such darkness. However, it was lit up like a beacon under Lavender’s status move, and he made a bounding leap to close the distance between them. His tail came down upon the second golett like a sack of bricks, and the ghost bounced madly away, coming to a stop only after rolling nearly ten yards.

The light from the strange energy that propelled the golett could be seen through its split shell, until the glow faded completely.

Its remaining two partners, kneeling on the ground near one another, had both their arms buried in the ground. Their lopsided faces were pinched in concentration as they focused their efforts into ripping open a chasm before them; a rippling, shuddering crack in the earth that was cutting a path toward the vulnerable Jianyu.
---
Battle Summary Under the Cut

+ 1.0 EXP for the hatch!

Lavender earns 5 EXP for defeating the lv.10 golett! He is now level 13 and has learned Fury Swipes. (Since he started the battle at lv.10, he'll be considered lv.11 in travels for the rest of the EXP calculation.)

(I totally forget Lavdender had Keen Eye! Please ignore any references to his lowered accuracy, sorry!)

--------------------
- - -
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Route 7 | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (2) 1 2  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.