Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 90
Ml: 45 - Fml: 44 - Oth: 1
OR - 13 | R - 16 | H - 40 | G - 21

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Summer

The onset of the Summer season has led to a swarming of Fire-, Electric-, and Bug-types, overtaking most populations in the Region. In their place, Water- and Grass-types have retreated to the shade and to cooler areas, while Ice-types have all but vanished. The rising temperatures has also led to the annual thaw of the infamously cold Istin City, though it remains the coldest.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

The Intricate Mysteries of Humanity, Emilie & co. Development
Korosensei
 Posted: Jul 20 2016, 09:45 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Total Posts: 1406
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire | Talia

Awards: 4

Setting: Dedrius
Pokemon: Clark
Time: Early Afternoon

Goals:
- Establishing Clark's backstory and personality
- Establishing a motive for Clark to travel with Emilie

=============

He was the strange one. The one who wanted to know what others shied away from, or simply weren’t curious enough to think about. Why do you care, they asked when he told them the number of feathers on a taillow he had spotted that morning, or the way a pangoro only had to punch twice to take down an entire tree. Most stopped listening after the first few fun facts. They didn’t consider the facts nearly as much fun as he did.

He wondered, sometimes, what others of his species were like. Were they as curious as he, constantly seeking a reason for everything in the world? Or was he simply too curious for his own good? The others told him he would get captured sooner rather than later, he couldn’t move about as he did. He had decided to never look back when he left Miramossa. That included being careful. He had come to the forest to live, and that was what he would do, sheltered from the outside world by the shadowy boughs.

Until one day, of course, when he simply had to follow a blue shadow he had seen. He hadn’t seen that one before, nor had he heard any thoughts like the ones seeping out of its mind. Pure, unadulterated panic. He had never felt anything so deeply as he could sense coming out of this small creature, and as he followed it to a pond, he noticed some other creatures there who he had never seen before.

Humans, they were called. People, they called themselves. A most elusive beast in his part of the forest, and even though he had heard they were dangerous, he had to investigate. Why did they move their hands as they made sounds, without the lights he had on his hands?

Their hands were certainly expressive when they found him. Single fingers pointed, then turned to whole-handed gesturing. Pokemon were sent out. He felt pain along his left side, and tried to blink his lights at the pokemon approaching him. They didn’t answer.

He plumbed their minds. These were no mere humans. These were handlers who kept pokemon in the white and red balls they began to toss. He thought it was a game at first, and repelled them all with small shields. But when he ventured deeper into the minds of the attacking pokemon, he found something unexpected. An emotion he hadn’t found in the wild. Companionship.

Another red and white ball was aimed at him. He didn’t dodge this one. He closed his eyes and wondered what it would be like to finally not be lonely, to get over that weakness of his past. To not be strange. To perhaps even be cherished.

The ball never rocked once.

-------------

He woke in a room with two other pokemon. A machoke with scratches on its arms and a glameow staring despondently out of a dirty window.

What is this place? He asked.

Their minds gave him the answer he sought. He found pain, and torture, in forgetting what they had known. The glameow had once loved a handler who was gone. Red blood stained her memories and her mind. The machoke was no better. He tore his flesh seeking one who would no longer come back. Both wanted to do mischief. Both needed to be… Educated. He hadn’t heard the word before. He was immediately sure he didn’t like it.

Yet he appreciated the emotions he saw in their heads, the ones the humans were trying to force out. The glameow getting stroked by her handler, sunning herself in a glade, interacting with a caterpie. The machoke punching a wall only to be praised by a male human. An embrace, human and pokemon. Clark’s heart ached.

There was love, perhaps, but not in this place. He used his handy trick to get out, and pulled the poke ball with him. A noise followed, and he jumped inside. Darkness.

-------------

He woke in a dark room paneled by wood. He was surrounded by the red and white balls that felt warm to the touch. A veritable menagerie within the room, ready to go through some sort of process. For a moment he feared that he had not escaped as he thought he had. But the window was not there, and the glameow and machoke were somewhere else, enduring their own torments.

It wasn’t that he was selfish. He just wanted to finish his mission. He needed to know if humans were capable of that companionship. And yet so many of these poke balls had lingered long enough to collect a fine layer of dust. He couldn’t afford to sit there forever. He had to do something.

He hid behind a shelf as a young woman walked through the door. In her mind, he saw another woman – the word councilwoman entered his head, although he had no idea what it meant – asking for a poke ball. The young woman searched the room, muttering to herself. He could see a picture in her head of what she sought. It was a froakie, a water-frog with a smile on its face. So she sought this frog, but for what?

It didn’t take him long to find out what she needed. She needed a pokemon for someone new, a pokemon with the potential to grow and form a relationship. She wasn’t looking for him, but he was looking for her. He levitated his poke ball and brought it ever so gently to rest on the ground. The woman took a turn to the left, away from where he was. He blinked into her brain for just a moment, saw the world through her now hazy and confused eyes, and directed her to the right.

She snapped out of it when he re-entered his ball. She looked around confusedly before she realized she had a poke ball in her hand. Perhaps she had just fallen, she thought. And here was the pokemon she was looking for. What had it been again? She couldn’t remember. But this poke ball was warm and ready for a new handler. She would bring it out to the new Guardian who had just sworn her vows.

-------------

His new handler hated him.

Well, in her defense, she didn’t hate him yet. She just feared him. But if Clark knew anything about emotions, it was that fear fed easily into hate. One wrong move on his part, and he would be the target of her hatred. And a human’s hatred, as he was learning, could prove to be extremely dangerous.

Was it worth it, then? Did he need a handler? Or was this mission foolish from the beginning? He had gotten himself discovered, nearly harmed, and finally managed to manipulate his way to safety only to see the look of disgust in this human’s eyes.

Her name was Emilie. Or, at least, the name she had given was Emilie. He could see a curtain veiling her past and it tempted him so much, yet when she told him to withdraw, he was obedient. He greeted her. He tried to be polite. Still nothing.

As she walked, he followed, poking at her mind without her knowledge. What she might have felt as a niggling headache was in fact clever movements of his fingers, shining lights into the darkest parts of her. He saw the same woman he had seen before – the councilwoman, he remembered – and yet there was another one, a woman cloaked in shadows.

He nearly hissed when he felt the energy coming from the absol, even in the memory. The memory was dark where the other was light, and yet the oaths were similar. He wondered what the Emilie human was going to do with these two oaths to these very different women. The memories seemed to clash and fight with each other as she strove to keep calm. He was interested by her reactions, the sweat clinging to her palms, the way her hair seemed to stick to her scalp.

He began to reconsider traveling with this human. He could Teleport away at any time, of course, but for now he thought he’d stay. She needed him, and if she needed his energy or his effort or his capability in battle, he might be able to squeeze a relationship out of it. He would never acknowledge it, but he needed her just as much. Instead, he let his mind drift to the possibilities of traveling with her. Finding new places in the world, new pokemon to investigate, and learning more about the most mysterious and elusive species he had ever met.

Perhaps he didn't have to manipulate this one. Perhaps she'd find adventure all on her own.

His study of the human race, it seemed, had only just begun.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 02:42 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Total Posts: 376
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:
Artemis Froste, Tybalt Cromwell, Cadence Mansel

Awards: 3

Alright! So, wow. That pulled at my emotions, congrats. Now on to the actually results of the thread. I think the history of Clark was established very well. He is an interesting character and his motives seem true to the personality that you have created for him. This gives a good insight into the way Clark thinks and the way he acts.

I think you did an amazing job writing this. I look forward to seeing more from you, in regards to Emilie and her team. She has potential, as does Clark, and I cannot wait to see what you do with them. Since there is nothing to really reward you with, I suppose that this is all from me. Again, great job! Sorry if this seems rather short.

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 14 2016, 07:58 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Pokemon: Zero, Tiny, Littlefoot

Goals:
- Meet-and-greet
- Bonding with the new babies

=============

She released the sneasel first. Zero was comforting to Emilie, a solid presence who she knew. Her malice was familiar and the look in her eyes often reflected the look in her own. The sneasel was perfect for her, if frustrating because she had no idea who had given her the egg so close to hatching. She tried to conjure the features of the mysterious stranger, but everything was ambiguous. She would have to trust that Zero was there for a reason.

The sneasel came out of her poke ball in a crouch, and she tilted her head to the left and to the right. When she was assured there were no foes in sight, she turned behind her only to find Emilie crouching, trying to reach her height.

"Good morning, Zero. I hope you don't mind I woke you up. I want to get to know you better," Emilie said enthusiastically, reaching for her pokecard. The sneasel stood still and watched as the device was pointed at her, and then Emilie frowned and made a face. "I think there's something wrong with this. It's saying... let me try again. I'm sorry for the delay, Zero," she said as she pointed the device again. Zero preened her claws, enjoying the way they glinted in the sunlight. She heard her handler grunt.

"I don't get it. This is saying you're a rather special sneasel." Zero chittered in response. Of course she was special.

"How do you... do you really know all of these moves? Can you really do Hidden Power and Swords Dance and - "

Zero didn't wait to hear what else Emilie had to say. The sneasel brought her claws up in imitation of holding a sword, and began to coordinate her movements. It came naturally to her, it felt like something buried deep in her bones. Emilie oohed slightly as Zero raised her claws high, and the sun accentuated their metallic appearance. She looked down at the pokecard, then back up at Zero, surprised once again. The sneasel reveled in her audience, crossing her arms and conjuring several balls of pink light. This move was hard for her, she could never quite get it to the power she preferred, but she sent it a nearby tree nonetheless, and watched with a grin as four glowing balls of pink energy toppled into the tree's strong trunk.

Initially disappointed when the tree didn't fall, Zero was surprised when Emilie knelt down beside her. "You're incredible," she said softly. "Everything I ever wanted."

Of course Zero knew she was incredible, she was born that way, but she had a ways to go. She needed to hone the basic skills she had shown her new handler here until she could finish any battle in her favor. She needed time and opportunities to study a variety of strategies. More than anything else, she needed a human who would support her and wouldn't shy away from what needed to be done. If a tree needed to fall, if a pokemon or even a human needed to die, she needed to know Emilie wouldn't hesitate.

Emilie recognized the look in the baby sneasel's eyes. It was something she had felt many times before, a desire to get a job done without caring who stood in the way. "Your name seems more fitting with that look," she said. "Zero is the number for nothingness. You, of course, are not nothing. But your enemies will be, when you finish with them. You can blend into nothingness, wield the darkness to your advantage, and then end those who stand in your way." She nodded and reached out a hand. "I will not hinder you."

This, to the young sneasel, meant more than a hug or a pat or a treat. She knew she had an ally, even if this bond was tentative. She didn't know if Emilie would be so fine with her once she saw her strategies, but it was worth a chance. Zero extended her claw and shook hands in a deal with her new handler, the human she would agree to not harm. For now, at least.

The sneasel's eye caught on a shiny bauble dangling from Emilie's belt. It was a blue marble, shining with the colors of the ocean, on a thick string. Emilie followed her sneasel's gaze. "That's for the wailmer. I'll call her out now, it'll help you too if you can form a bond with your teammates."

Zero shrugged as the red light faded to reveal a rather large ball whale. Too large to hide or do anything sneaky, and from the dopey expression on her face, Zero doubted the wailmer had any desire to sneak around. She was not built for stealth. She was built for raw power of a different kind, the kind that could overwhelm multiple targets at once. Potentially a useful ally, but only if she wasn't that dopey-looking all the time. Zero had standards, after all.

Emilie greeted the wailmer with a smile. "Hi, Wailmer! Do you mind if I scan you with this?" The wailmer, rolling aimlessly on the ground, didn't seem to mind. She looked at its information, then at its evolution. Wailmer wouldn't evolve for a while, but... "The largest pokemon alive?!" Emilie yelped, looking at the happily rolling whale pokemon. A wave of despair hit her, followed by an idea for a wonderful joke. Not that she was the kind of person to tell a joke, but she appreciated humor if it got her enemies killed...

"I'm going to call you Tiny," she said as she walked closer to the wailmer. As she approached the young pokemon, she realized the newly named Tiny had already grown since her hatching. She was nearly as tall as Emilie's waist, and growing by the minute. Emilie had no idea how she would train a pokemon like this, but it could give her a huge advantage if she managed to make it evolve.

She could imagine it. She could see herself in a large battle, fighting against a multitude of enemies. She would have a desperate look on her face, thinking all of her options were exhausted. Then she would call out in a desperate voice, "Help me, Tiny!" They would think she was calling something small, perhaps a rattata or a bidoof, and then the sky would darken under the force of the whale that would come crashing down on them all, and she would have the last laugh...

She had to do that. "Come here, Tiny. I have a present for you," she said, and even though the wailmer didn't seem to be able to move much, the corners of her mouth turned up in a smile. "You have to try this on. It's a pretty blue gem and it'll make you able to fly! How does that sound?" She removed the string from her belt and wrapped it around the wailmer's left fin, watching the pokemon's expression change as she processed the new ability.

The wailmer named Tiny took a huge breath, and as she let it out she found herself flying. She righted herself in midair, now right-side up, and began to lower herself down to the ground again. She bounced slightly, and with a small smile, she raised herself only to create a bigger bounce. Her smile grew, and before long she was bouncing uncontrollably around the grassy field. "Tiny! TINY!" Emilie called, but nothing she said could stop the wailmer from enjoying her newfound freedom.

Finally, Tiny bounced her way right up to Emilie, and crashed into her handler with a giant whoomph. "Tiny," Emilie laughed. Life with this wailmer would be a challenge until she established some ground rules, but Tiny looked happy, and that was what mattered. The only thing she needed less than a giant whale was a disloyal giant whale. "I'm glad you're happy, Tiny. I found that Lugia's Pearl especially for you," Emilie said, and the wailmer chirruped her thanks before bouncing away again, somehow larger than before. Emilie got off the ground, shaking her head. It would be worth it one day, but for now...

She sighed loudly, wondering what Zero was thinking. The sneasel was watching her new teammate with interest, perhaps wondering how she too could become airborne. She was distracted for the moment, which seemed to provide the perfect opportunity to bring out the third pokemon Emilie hadn't had much of a chance to interact with yet. She had been afraid to bring Littlefoot out around Zero, but as long as the sneasel was otherwise occupied, she might have a few minutes to bond with her new amaura.

A third red light faded as it took the shape of the dinosaur pokemon who looked up at Emilie with wide eyes. He clearly considered her his mother, and he waddled after her with his unsure footing. His feet were rather small considering the size of his body, and she found the way he walked amusing and charming. He whimpered a bit as he looked up at her, and she quickly sank to her knees again. He took a few stumbling steps forward and leaned into her heavily.

It wasn't until he touched her that she realized exactly how freezing he was. His egg had been cold, but she hadn't realized quite how solid the icy crystals on his side were. She yelped and backed away, only to leave an incredibly sad-looking amaura staring at her. He tentatively took a step backward, and Emilie sighed and relented. "Come here, Littlefoot. You just startled me. I wanted to learn more about you today, do you mind if I point this machine at you?" She held the pokecard aloft, and the amaura looked at it tentatively and sniffed at it before reaching out and trying to take a nibble. "It's not for eating, silly," she said. Littlefoot stumbled back when the pokecard began spitting out parchment, and when Emilie grabbed it, she could hardly believe her eyes.

The adorable little pokemon standing in front of her had a very good reason to be unsure of his place. He wasn't even from this time! Amaura, according to the pokecard, was an extinct species of pokemon that once lived far to the north, above Harper's Pass. They lived in an area with few predators, which explained their kind behavior and gentle curiosity, as well as their innocence and potential fear of new species of pokemon. A mixture of rock and ice type, the pokemon standing in front of her was an unusual rarity, something she never thought she'd encounter.

She would never have gone looking for an amaura - or any other fossil - on her own. She didn't want to be known for having a particularly rare pokemon. She had heard the whispers about fossils during her mission for the Church, and she didn't want to be hated by an organization most Guardians supported, whether or not they lent their assistance during the Schism. Littlefoot would be dangerous for her.

But something inside her made her want to open her arms. Something made her want to take in the vulnerable baby. She had once felt like this, when she still lived with the parents who she now pretended were dead. The amaura had a look of being too young to know where he was going in a strange new world, and Emilie knew that all too well. The night she had escaped the place she had once called home, she had felt just the same way. And she hadn't come out of an egg centuries too late to meet another of her kind. She wasn't quite as alone as Littlefoot, but she knew how it felt to be alone.

"Come sit here with me," she said. Littlefoot took a few more steps forward, then pitched into Emilie's lap. Emilie tried to ignore the cold gnawing at her thighs as she rocked the amaura slowly back and forth. "I know how you're feeling. And I won't ever give you up. I'll always be here for you."

She didn't get emotional. She prided herself on not showing her true feelings. But something about those big blue eyes, so out of place, made her melt. It broke her barriers of disguise and showed what she truly was. Just a girl who wanted friends. Ugh. But now that she had Littlefoot, maybe she could restrain herself to show emotion only around this one pokemon. She peered around the amaura's long neck, looking for Zero, and relieved to see that the sneasel was still watching Tiny's bouncing.

Sitting out in the sun with the three baby pokemon, Emilie felt content. She had abandoned her original family, but she had found a new one, one of her own making. There was Zero, who she felt she could build a serious professional bond with, and perhaps even a friendship sealed in blood. Tiny would be a useful weapon down the line and a solid training exercise in the meantime. And Littlefoot was her baby. She had only kissed a man once, she wasn't going to have babies of her own anytime soon, but Littlefoot could be her baby. And she would take care of all of them as she began this new life as a false Guardian.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 15 2016, 09:30 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

So here we go! Zero and Emilie definitely compliment each other in the way they think and act. It was very interesting to be able to get a glimpse inside the mind of the cunning of the dark type. She is very complex. But for the agreement between her and Emilie, I feel there needs to be a happiness gain so +1 happiness bar for Zero.

Tiny just seems happy in general and the addition of the Lugia's Pearl makes her more happy. Her bubbly, bouncy personality just makes me smile. She gains happiness so +1 happiness bar as well.

Littlefoot... gah the emotions that you pulled at. I definitely connect with both Emilie and Littlefoot on the idea of not wanting to be alone in the world, which is why I am glad they have each other. If I could cuddle and love on that silly Pokemon I would be right next to Emilie doing so. Littlefoot gains happiness so +1 happiness bar and my heart.

Overall this was very impactful and emotional on everyone (including me http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png)

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 11:29 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Pokemon: Clark, Littlefoot
Time: Late morning

Goals:
- Bonding with Littlefoot
- Establishing Littlefoot as the cutest pokemon ever

=============

"Okay, Littlefoot. I have to get up now," Emilie pried the amaura off of her legs and shivered with cold, noting two points where the crystals on the side of the small amaura's body had affected her even through her uniform. She did feel bad at the dejected look from the fossil pokemon, but there was only so much Emilie's body could take, and she had things to do today. A marketplace patrol, to be exact, and it would be far more difficult with both of her legs feeling numb enough to fall off.

Littlefoot gingerly stepped away from his handler, looking around. Emilie started to pack her bag for the day's outing as Clark floated nearby, silently surveying the area. Clark wasn't exactly Littlefoot's favorite pokemon - he took nearly all of his cues from Emilie, and she didn't seem to like him much - but none of his other teammates were out of their poke balls except for the sneasel helping Emilie pack her bag, and there was no way Littlefoot was going anywhere near Zero.

He ambled up to Clark, leaning his head up to nudge the elgyem as he floated in the air. "Yes?" Littlefoot shied away for a moment, intimidated by the flashing lights on the elgyem's hands. "I won't hurt you." He floated down a bit, curious. The amaura had never sought out interaction with him before.

"Um... do you know... is Emilie... does she not like to hug me? I can not hug if she doesn't want me to but it feels nice," the amaura blurted out in one breath. He turned around to see if Emilie was listening in, but thankfully she was still fussing with her bag, and the sneasel neither Clark nor Littlefoot liked very much.

Clark tried to think of what it could be. Whenever he peeked inside Emilie's mind and the amaura was near, he could sense happiness, and warm feelings. It hit him then - warm... "Your body is very cold. She can feel it even through her armor."

Littlefoot frowned. "I try to not freeze her, but it's hard," the amaura whined. "I can't - get - these - warm," he said, straining his face.

Clark watched as the crystals on the side of Littlefoot's body flared. Perhaps these crystals held the key to reducing his body temperature, although a pokemon like amaura that was designed to live in cold areas was likely already overheated simply because of the season... "Maybe there's a way for me to help," Clark mused, and he was pleasantly surprised when the amaura turned to him with a beaming smile on his face. Clark wasn't used to smiles. "I'm going to try to use Reflect to reflect sunlight onto your crystals and make them warmer. Let me know if it hurts," he said as he began.

He didn't even need to wait for Littlefoot to talk. The amaura was clearly squirming as soon as Clark did his move, and he promptly dissipated it with a wave of his glowing hand. "How about Light Screen? That might help you get more light in a less painful way," Clark offered, but even this caused Littlefoot to back away.

"I can't do it. I'm never going to be able to cuddle with Emilie again... maybe she just doesn't want me to hug her, do you think she doesn't like me? What do you think?" Littlefoot asked dejectedly.

Since when had Clark become the Emilie whisperer? He barely knew anything about her, although it certainly wasn't from lack of trying. "Well, perhaps you can do what humans do. In the winter, they try to protect their bodies from the cold by wearing winter gear like mittens and scarves and hats." Clark projected images of these items into Littlefoot's head, and although the amaura shuddered at the mental intrusion, he didn't reject the help.

After a long moment, he said, "Where can we get these?"

"In the marketplace, I'd say, and Emilie is going there today so you have a good chance of fin - where are you going?" he called out as the amaura scampered away.

Clark knew Littlefoot was both too innocent and too rare to survive alone for long. He hurried over to Emilie and pointed to Littlefoot, and before long Clark, Zero, and Emilie were hot on Littlefoot's trail.

"I didn't know he could run so fast," Emilie huffed. She looked around when they reached the marketplace, and couldn't immediately see the amaura. "Clark, please help me, he's just a baby," she said frantically, and within moments of touching the crowd's minds, Clark found immense surprise - and a flash of anger - surrounding the amaura.

"This way," he responded, and the combination of a running Guardian and a floating elgyem quickly parted the crowd to reveal Littlefoot standing in front of a stall, dragging a pair of child-sized mittens off of the table as the irate shopkeeper was about to start yelling...

"How much?" Emilie asked hurriedly, and she laid five gold pieces on the table as Littlefoot happily got close to her again, bright mareep-wool mittens in his mouth. "Follow me, Littlefoot. You can't do that, you nearly scared me to death," she said, but she couldn't quite bring herself to lecture the amaura. As she had said before, he was still just a baby...

"And what did you want with mittens anyway?" she asked as Littlefoot walked over to Clark and nudged him again. The mittens began to levitate as Clark draped them over the crystals on each side of the amaura's body. Both crystals were soon covered by a woolen mitten drooping down comically like an overgrown ear.

"What's going on, guys?" Emilie giggled. She couldn't help it, she had never seen a pokemon look this ridiculous and have such a huge smile on his face at the same time.

"Sit down," Clark said in Emilie's head, and before she could hear any more of his buzzing in her brain, she sat cross-legged on the ground.

The amaura looked over at Clark, then at Emilie, then at Clark again. The elgyem nodded his head. Emilie's eyes darted between the two pokemon, confused, as the affirmation from Clark began to take effect. Littlefoot's face broke out in a huge grin as he pranced in place for a few seconds before barreling straight towards Emilie. Silently bracing herself for bruises at the least, she was surprised when the amaura slowed down as he got within a foot of her and then curled up in her lap.

As the amaura lay there contentedly, Emilie whispered to Clark, "What's going on?"

Clark wouldn't tell her this, but he was very pleased she was seeking him out rather than running away. Perhaps she would sense it, though, from how he answered immediately and in the most helpful way he could think of: "The crystals on an amaura's body are always freezing. Littlefoot asked me how to make it so that his crystals don't hurt you when he wants to sit in your lap. Energy barriers from me didn't work, they only hurt him, so I told him humans often use winter items such as scarves and mittens, and he found this pair himself."

Emilie had to take a deep breath to stop herself from crying. Littlefoot had been willing to go so far, even to hurt himself, to cuddle with her? Perhaps she had underestimated his loneliness before. Or her own - some pokemon were astute at discovering others' emotions, and with the help of a pure psychic-type, it wouldn't have been too hard...

Emilie reached out tentatively with her left hand and brushed the mitten. It was definitely cold, but not much colder than the rest of the amaura's body in her lap. The season was beginning to change, but the temperature was still warm enough that she could bear the amaura's normal chill in her lap. And with the mittens sheltering the worst of the crystals... "You can sit in my lap whenever you want, Littlefoot," Emilie said.

"Maaaaaaura!" Littlefoot practically squealed as the sails on his head rippled and turned a brilliant shade of emerald green.

"Littlefoot! Are you okay?" She tried to scramble for her pokecard, only to realize she was sitting on her bag and couldn't reach it without evicting the amaura from his new perch.

"The sails on an amaura's head change color when they experience extreme emotion. This is the happiest Littlefoot has been in his life," Clark commented, finding it hard to keep a smile off of his own face. He had watched Emilie distance herself from pokemon, and now that she finally seemed to be bonding with one, the chance that she might one day be interested in him was increasing. He might finally get that data on humans he was so concerned about...

Emilie nearly forgot about the elgyem as she watched Littlefoot's green sails ripple in the slight breeze. She patted one sail as it drifted towards her face, and as she stroked the rubbery appendage the amaura squeaked happily again, nuzzling into her lap even more. It looked like Emilie wasn't going to be getting up for a long time - but from the finally-content look on her face, it seemed she didn't mind at all.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 19 2016, 03:05 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

Alright, so Littlefoot is officially (in my book at least) the most adorable thing ever. Unfortunately I don't think I can much more than just tell you on that http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png He's definitely showing his personality when you write him, and it's very identifiable. I also love that he is taking his cues from Emilie but that can change when to comes down to something to do with her. Littlefoot is one of those characters you cannot ignore nor just help but adoring.

So, overall... I am going to grant 1 happiness bar for his attempted stealing but for the purpose of making Emilie happy and her subsequent positive reaction to his action. Plus, I can see that Littlefoot was much happier now that he has figured out a way to lay in Emilie's lap more comfortable.

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 11:46 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Setting: Dedrius marketplace, near Harper's Passion
Pokemon: Clark, Oddtwig

Goals:
- Introducing Emilie and Clark to Oddtwig
- Establishing Oddtwig's backstory and personality
- Potential for a bit of bonding, maybe?

=============

She left Harper's Passion with a new ball in her hands. Now that she had finally gotten rid of both the creepy automaton that Clark had somehow summoned and the weird little thing she had gotten after that pretended to be a pikachu, she had now come back for a third try. She hoped this would end better than her previous attempts, and even though she didn't know what was in the ball, she was resolved to try to accept it - or if she didn't accept it, to not make a fuss. She couldn't display a temper like she had before; she had to blend into the city, and well, to accomplish her mission.

She took a deep breath before pressing the button in the center. The ensuing red light covered the form of a pole-shaped pokemon, with several bumps. The light began to fade, and she took a look over at the pokemon, only to find that it looked exactly like... well, a strange little tree. A sentient strange little tree, who began to wiggle in what looked like a little dance.

She was so confused at first that she didn't know what to do. "What are you?" she asked, unnerved but still somehow less creeped out than she had been by the slew of ghosts she had encountered recently.

"Sudo-woodo!" Guess that was her answer.

She pointed her pokecard at the new arrival, waiting for the parchment to come out and reveal the information. She expected a grass-type, considering what looked like berries growing on the tree-thing's arms, but was surprised to see that it was in fact, a "rock type... how?"

"Woodo?"

Well, she hadn't expected it to answer. She looked down at it, wondering why it was staring at her like that. "Well, let's see how you do, shall we?" When she tried to take a step forward, she found herself blocked by the tree pokemon - oddly enough, not by his arms, but by his entire body, planted in front of her feet. "Erm... excuse me," she said, trying to step around the sudowoodo only to find herself blocked once more. "What in the world...?" she said on her second attempt, trying to be patient, but as the sudowoodo shuffled aside to block her every motion, she finally gave up. "All right. I'll get Clark in here. He'll figure out what you're up to," she said in what she hoped was a menacing manner, but with her lack of confidence in the elgyem, she doubted it sounded that way.

She heard his voice in her head before the red light of the poke ball had finished fading, something that still made every hair on the back of her neck stand up. "Yes, Emilie?"

"We have a... new friend," Emilie said hesitantly.

"Ah, I see... yes... his name is Oddtwig," Clark proclaimed after a mere moment of interaction with the sudowoodo.

"His name is... what now?" Emilie said, cringing at the mental speed of the elgyem. She hated to think of what would ever happen if he were to become her enemy rather than her ally...

"His name is Oddtwig. He will not answer to anything else."

Emilie leaned down and looked at the sudowoodo again. She knew already that it looked like an odd sort of tree, but she hadn't considered using the word "odd" in a name. Well, at least not for any other pokemon that Clark. She still thought he was an oddity every time she saw him. But the tree... it was strange, for sure, but she wouldn't have given it a cruel name like that.

She was about to speak when Clark added, "He wants to ask you if you think he is being a good tree."

A confused Emilie replied, "Erm... sure?"

Even the slightest confirmation of this sent the sudowoodo down the paths of his memories, followed closely by an inquisitive elgyem...

-------

"Come on, hold still, young one!" a sudowoodo said, a rather large and imposing specimen from the perspective of the one whose memory it was. "For crying out loud, why can't you do this? Are you a complete failure?"

A sudden crying sound alerted Clark, who turned around, to the tears of a bonsly standing nearby. He looked back at Oddtwig, recognizing him in the paths of his own memory, although he was still in his first evolutionary stage.

"Not you," the large sudowoodo growled at the bonsly, who only cried louder when it heard the voice. The sudowoodo then turned to Oddtwig. "It's not natural, the way you don't cry. Something's not right with you. Why are you so happy?"

"I don't know," the young bonsly who would become Oddtwig squeaked.

"Well, if you're not going to cry, that could help with your disguise, and maybe it means you're ready to evolve soon - but you have to get rid of that horrible habit of wiggling when you're supposed to be in disguise."

"I tried," Oddtwig whined. "But I just get itchy, and then I want to scratch my leaf, and then I see something interesting I want to follow, and then I --"

"I didn't ask for excuses! I asked for effort!" the sudowoodo roared. The bonsly behind Oddtwig began to bawl.

"I am trying," he said as he stood stock-still.

"Now, don't move from that spot until I come back and get you. But I'm warning you, kid, if you keep wiggling like that, you'll never fool anyone. You'll never be a good enough tree."

The thought nearly caused Oddtwig to cry as he stood still. He tried to summon tears, but he simply couldn't make himself do it. It wasn't that he wasn't upset, but he didn't see the point to crying like that. Those big, wracking sobs took a lot of energy, and he needed to put that energy into improving his tree skills. He stood still for what felt like forever, watching as the other bonsly eventually stopped crying and moved off. He stood in his corner of the wood, standing next to a large tree that he soon began to examine. He noticed a little line of sap running down. It looked so delicious that his eyes kept returning to it, even as he tried to convince himself to think of literally anything else. But then he thought that he was itchy, and the sap might help, or it might just taste really good, and with a look into the distance, he leaned over and tried to lick the sap from the tree trunk...

"...like I said, I don't think he can be one of us. And great, he's doing it again," the voice came back, the bonsly not straightening himself enough to make it look like he hadn't moved. "What did I just tell you? It can't have been more than a few minutes since I left!"

"You are right, Firmbranch. We need to do something... but do you really think we need to take that step?" another sudowoodo said, approaching the bonsly with slightly more of a smile.

"I think if we give him the name, it'll help - if he can be helped. I say to go ahead with it, and our leader stands with me. We can't risk having weaklings in our group."

"I'll get better," the bonsly said, seemingly energized by the idea of a new name.

"Perhaps you shall, but a name like that..."

"I want a name," he said. His mind was filled to the brim with excitement and curiosity. What kind of name would he be given? What features of his had the leader and the other sudowoodos noticed? He couldn't help but wiggle in place as he waited anxiously for the decision.

"I suppose you're right, then, if he moves like that... Very well. Your name is Oddtwig," the sudowoodo said.

Oddtwig? He had been looking forward to a name, his preliminary recognition of his own uniqueness in the group, for what felt like an eternity. He had been hoping for something noble, something great, something he could grow into. But this name felt more like an insult than a name. It was childish, and he could hear a few other bonsly in the background tittering. "What do I have to do?" he asked impulsively. "What do I have to do to get a real name?"

The two sudowoodos looked at each other, but it was the taller, crueler one who spoke first. "Stay here for an overnight vigil. If we come back in the morning and nothing has found you, we may revoke the name. Maybe. But we'll be watching, and if you move even once..."

"I won't," Oddtwig asserted. "Where do you want me to stand?"

The sudowoodos positioned him, then promptly left. "Just remember, I'll be watching," Firmbranch said.

Oddtwig spent the night thinking about his name. Twig was usual for one his size, that would be replaced by something like "bark" or "wood" when he was older. But "odd," that might not go away so easily. And what kind of life would he have with a name like Oddtwig? The thought fueled his desire to stay in one place, ignoring everything else, every chirp of a taillow. He even noticed one landing nearby and felt the desire to turn and look, but he kept himself still. He even held himself still when evolution came to him, a great white light that left him standing taller but still in the same pose.

By the time two nights went by, and then a third, he began to realize that the others weren't coming back for him. They had left, when he hadn't been able to check, when he was trying so hard to hold still. When he eventually got up after his vigil, he realized that no one had been watching, no one had cared. He was now all alone in the world.

He made his way through the forest, stopping to look at whatever he thought was interesting, but nervous about surviving. He didn't resist the poke ball from a human who came into his forest one day, even as she muttered something about "there we go, another one and I'll have hit quota. Father'll be proud..."

-------

"And then he emerged out of his ball here, after a Harper's Passion trade," Clark explained, narrating the memories for the benefit of the human who lacked the capability to read minds.

Emilie turned to look at the sudowoodo, who suddenly seemed shy, but still had a small smile on his face. "But... listen, I know about being called names. So why do you want me to keep calling you Oddtwig?"

The sudowoodo picked at its bark for a few moments before Clark answered. "It was his name, given to him by his group. He earned it, with his behavior. He was brought up to know that that is the way things are, that he gets a name, and perhaps the name may change as he reaches various feats. He does not want to change it since he is not great at becoming a tree yet."

"You mean, standing stock-still and hoping nobody notices? I think I'd notice you, even if you stood in a forest. You're not even as tall as me, and most trees are taller..." She stopped talking when she noticed the smile on the sudowoodo's face disappear. "But what I'm trying to say is, that doesn't matter to me. Sure, it'd be nice if you could pretend to be a tree and get some sleuthing done, but that could happen over time, with training. No pokemon ever comes to a new handler perfect." She cringed, hoping Clark wouldn't get offended.

"He is willing to work with you. He wants to improve, he seems very determined to get better and prove his old group wrong."

"That's it, then - I want pokemon like that on my team. I'd be glad to work with you, Oddtwig," she said with the hint of a smile, forgetting her awkwardness over the name.

"Sudo!" the sudowoodo grinned, his mouth open wide.

"Okay, trees definitely don't do that," Emilie chuckled, watching as he carefully shut his mouth. "But you can - at least when we're not sneaking around. I'll teach you how to sneak, I'm not bad at it, and Zero and Karma can help you. We can be your new group, and if you do manage to get it down pat one day, maybe you can get into some real fun and sneak along with me on some of my real missions."

"Sudo-woodo!"

She didn't need to hear his voice to see how happy he was. He had been accepted by someone, anyone. She knew the feeling herself, and for that reason, more than the tree thing, she was inclined to accept him on her team. "Come on, I'll go introduce you to the others," she said, heading back towards the barracks as Oddtwig followed, eager to begin his new stage of life with a new group by his side.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 10:20 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 630
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

As you stated in your goals, this was mostly getting Oddtwig introduced and getting a hint of his backstory (poor guy!), so there really isn't much to grade - that said, I'm gonna give Oddtwig +1 happiness bar for Emilie's acceptance so far. It would be more, but it kind of feels like a tentative, brief moment - she's willing to give him a chance, thus boosting Oddtwig to a bit more than neutral instead of fully neutral, but hasn't shown that, only said it.

That said...poor not-a-tree http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Dev | Training

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams | Tracker
| PM || Email |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 12:58 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Setting: Dedrius Guardian barracks
Pokemon: Toasty, Clark
Time: Early morning, after the end of her first mission (liquid time)

Goals:
- Introducing Toasty
- Toasty derps and evolves himself too early using the convenient Fire Stone in Emilie's bag http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png
- Potential for a bit of bonding, maybe?

=============

The egg had been an odd find, and Emilie hadn't been sure, even at the beginning, that it was supposed to be hers. She had seen it laying around the barracks near where she was told to go to meet up for her mission, not being looked after by anyone. Its surface was lukewarm, which told her it was far from hatching, unlike the sneasel egg she had been given that hatched only a few minutes after she received it. With the thought of the sneasel who she called Zero, she realized that this was not a safe place for an egg, not at all. Anyone or their pokemon could come up and hurt it. And what if she had had Zero out of her poke ball? Zero's species was well-known for eating unfamiliar eggs.

She had decided to take it with her. It was a small egg, not cumbersome, and it had slipped easily into her bag. As she spent time on her mission, it began to warm up, although she failed to notice thanks to the deep danger she found herself in. It was only after she was safely back at the barracks did she feel something poking at her from the top of the bag, something that scared her enough to drop the bag to the ground.

Peeking out of the bag was a single appendage, a floppy brown ear. Emilie reached down tentatively, touching the ear's fuzzy texture before her bag began to wiggle around, and soon the top opened to reveal the face of a happy-looking eevee that had been curled up in there, still covered in egg goop.

"Yuck," Emilie said, wiping her hands on her uniform pants.

"Vee?" the eevee squeaked.

"Not you, the... I'll be back in a minute, okay? I need to see if there are some spare towels around here." She took out another poke ball, releasing Clark the elgyem. "Keep an eye on the little one, but don't scare it, okay?" she ordered him.

"I won't scare him," Clark said, but Emilie didn't feel too reassured as she hurried off towards the barracks.

The elgyem, now free to act on his own, drifted down towards the eevee, helping him free himself from the confines of the bag. The young pokemon stretched, then rolled in the grass to get rid of the sticky feeling. He then looked up at Clark, wide-eyed but not quite scared. "My name is Clark. You'll have a name soon too - that's our handler, Emilie."

"Is she nice?"

Clark didn't have the heart to tell the young one the truth of how she felt about him, but perhaps things would be different with the young eevee. He was cute and small and fluffy, and that might be enough to get the human on his side. "She'll like you, and she'll be very kind to you."

The baby nodded, then looked back over at the bag, easily distracted from his new conversation partner. "What's in here?" he asked, pawing around through the open top.

"Those are her journey supplies. See those red and white things there? Those are poke balls, and you'll get to go in one. It'll help you stay safe when she goes on big missions."

The eevee furrowed his brow, looking deeper as he tried to find the objects that his new friend was talking about. Eventually, though, he got impatient, and he tugged at one corner of the bag with his teeth, spilling the contents into the dewy grass.

"I wouldn't do that," Clark said gently.

"I wanna see them, the poke balls, can you show me?"

Clark looked down at the mess, but there was enough in there that he didn't see a poke ball instantly. He took the opportunity to practice with his psychic powers and moved a few of the objects around, his eyes catching on an object glinting red in the sunlight. "Take a look at that - no, wait, hold on! It's the wrong one!"

The eevee traipsed forward still, not listening to Clark's warnings. He liked the look of the shiny object, and even with his new understanding of the word 'no,' he decided to go on with his plan anyway. He was simply following his curiosity; what could happen?

As he would find out, there was a lot that could happen. He reached out his paw and batted at the object, finding not a red and white ball like Clark had mentioned but rather a shiny red stone that looked like a little sun, redder perhaps than the one in the sky, but bright and glowy nevertheless. He didn't know what drew him closer to the object, but there was something that made him want to reach his paw out and touch it - which he did, his action immediately followed by a bright white light obscuring his vision.

"Are you okay?" Clark practically yelled, his nerves clearly triggered. He was supposed to be watching the little one, not letting him get into any harm... He understood, though, when the light had faded. It was not a light he had seen before, but he knew that the creature standing in front of him was no longer a baby eevee but had evolved into something else. Oh, Emilie was not going to be happy about this...

"What... what happened?" the little voice called out, but it sounded somehow different. The paws were larger, the pokemon's coat was fluffier, and when he let out a small snuffle, a tiny flame escaped from his nose. "What did I do?"

"I think you evolved," Clark said gently, trying to figure out what to do as fast as he could.

"Evolved? I don't get it," the now-flareon whined, pawing at the grass.

"Don't do that, you'll start a - " The word 'fire' didn't have enough time to leave his mouth before the grass was set ablaze.

The flames, more than anything else, attracted Emilie's attention from afar. She raced towards the pair of pokemon, releasing Tiny the no-longer-quite-so-tiny wailmer. The wailmer spat some kind of water at the two pokemon, drenching them both, and causing the newly evolved flareon to yelp and back away, trying to hide behind Clark as the elgyem drifted closer down to the ground.

"Emilie, something happened," Clark tried to break the news gently.

"I can see that, but I told you to be gentle, and you went and set fires! Where's the baby?" She looked at the flareon for a moment, confused.

"There was a stone in your bag, I believe it was a Fire Stone... he got curious and before I could stop him..."

"The Fire Stone meant for delivery? I was supposed to be bringing that back from the store... did he evolve with it? How is that even possible? He's just a baby," she said exasperatedly as the flareon took a few tentative steps forward. "What am I supposed to do with him now?"

"Flare?"

"I'd pictured you as an umbreon, little one... I'd imagined it as I went to get the towel. I didn't even think of the stone..." She took out her pokecard, carefully not touching the flareon's fluffy coat as she looked at the information. "A pure fire-type... well, I can't say that's not useful, but you're hardly sneaky," she said as she looked down at the pokemon.

"Ree?" the flareon said, edging forward until he could nuzzle Emilie.

"Gah, you're warm... it's... not that bad, actually," Emilie said as she stroked the soft fur. "I take it you're the one who set the fire, then."

"Flareon," the pokemon nodded.

"Well, I'm sorry for getting you wet. That can't have been pleasant for you."

Emilie was completely unprepared for when the skies overhead began to darken and a light mist of rain began to fall down on the small group. "Clark!" she yelled as she whirled around to face the elgyem.

"It wasn't me," he said.

"So it's the fire-type that's making it rain right now?" she said sarcastically, only to be silenced when Clark pointed down at the pokecard. "But it can't be... are you really?"

"Ree," the flareon said, skipping around lightly before stopping his Rain Dance. The ensuing storm petered out until the clouds only summoned a few odd raindrops.

"Well, you're an odd little one... but I have to admit you're cute, and with a move like that, you might even be able to confuse our opponents... how about it? Are you willing to travel with me for a while... Toasty?" The name came to her in a flash of inspiration as she thought of the warmth of a fire after a cold rain. The name seemed to fit the flareon who could summon rain somehow, and he certainly didn't complain about the name.

"See, she's named you now, and now you get to go in a poke ball. One like this," Clark said as he levitated a poke ball in the air.

The newly named Toasty looked over at the red and white orb. It looked different from the shiny thing, but if it meant he could go places and learn new things, he was interested. He made an odd chirping sound at the girl who was to be his new handler, anticipating many adventures ahead. The thrill of it all made him want to snuggle up against her feet, warming her skin almost uncomfortably.

"You need to make friends with Littlefoot," Emilie grumbled, although she couldn't hide a smile from her face. True, Toasty was not a stealthy umbreon, but she had other pokemon for stealth, and Zero would not appreciate a rival dark-type. Perhaps this flareon could do more for her than she was thinking, especially in the cold season. She grinned as she tapped the fire-type, still feeling his warmth - and an emotional warmth - when she held the ball in her hands. She might not admit it to Clark, but there was something about the flareon that made her happy about the little accident, after all.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Astraea
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 06:33 PM
| Quote |

张开双手 变成翅膀
Moderators
Total Posts: 154
Member No. 2280
Joined on 12-August 16.

Characters:
Adrian Carlisle, Silas Arington, Elena Ayton (Retired)

Awards: None

As usual, I love your writing! The interaction between Toasty and Clark was very fun to read, and Toasty's antics definitely made me laugh. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of him and all the trouble I'm sure he'll get into.

(1) Fire Stone has been removed from Emilie's inventory, and Toasty evolves into a Flareon! Toasty also gains a belated Happiness Bar and Emilie gains 1 EXP from the evolution. Overall, a very fun read http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png

--------------------
Adrian James Carlisle | Freelance Rogue
Profile | Travels | Training | Development | PCR
Thread Tracker | Goals | Dream Team
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image user posted image

Elena Ayton | Retired Handler
Profile | Travels | Training | PCR | Dream Team

| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 10:25 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Pokemon: Tiny, Clark
Time: Late afternoon, after the end of her first mission (liquid time)

Goals:
- Tiny eats 4 rare candies and evolves into a wailord (the rare candy that Clark gets away from her would have been a fifth one)

=============

"Are you quite sure this is a good idea, Emilie?" Clark asked as he watched the wailmer hop happily over to the small pile of unwrapped rare candies that the Order spy had set aside for her.

"She battled well back at the Black Forest Phantoms camp; she deserves a little reward, don't you think?" Emilie said back, speaking softly so the wailmer wouldn't hear their discussion. Said wailmer was busy diving into the candies and barely noticed that her handler was talking.

"She's grown a lot lately..."

"So has my entire team - and she wasn't exactly small even when she was a baby," Emilie retorted.

"But you have to admit she's grown a lot lately, perhaps even enough to... well, I hope it wouldn't come to that, but let's just say she may soon outgrow all of us..."

"What do you mean? You know I don't like it when you talk in riddles like that," Emilie replied, but she furrowed her brow as she thought of what the elgyem could possibly be referring to. When she thought of what had happened to the newly named Toasty only that morning, she felt her blood run cold. "How many are left?"

"Just one," Clark said, but before he could say anything else, Emilie practically yelled in his ear.

"Go get it! You're right, I can't risk something like that!"

The elgyem darted forward, trying to lift the last rare candy with his psychic powers. Tiny, however, simply took that as a challenge, and began to use the increased energy the candies gave her to bounce, using her Lugia's Pearl to catapult herself into the air.

"Come on, Clark, get it, you can do it!"

The elgyem chuckled as he heard Emilie's voice, never used to praise him for doing something good, but always counting on him if things went bad. He would need to discuss that with her at some point, but for now, it could always be good for him to look like he had a strong command of his psychic powers. That would at least help him gain some leverage with the handler who seemed to trust him and hate him at the same time...

With what felt like a great effort, since the wailmer seemed to be able to bounce higher and with more power than ever before, Clark managed to get the rare candy out of her reach, and he levitated it over to Emilie's waiting hand, where she soon sealed it back in its wrapper again as best as she could and put it back in her bag.

"Don't give me that face, Tiny, you've had four already," Emilie said when the wailmer pouted, then began bouncing over towards her. "You did great in that battle, but I don't want you to get hurt, and I remember someone's pokemon once got hurt when it ate too many rare candies at once. It nearly died, as I recall..."

The story was an old one, but now that she called it back to mind, she remembered the gurdurr who had eaten six rare candies at once and had become violently ill, only for his handler to take him to the healer, who said the only hope was for the gurdurr to pull through on his own. There had been little sympathy for the situation - cutting corners like that was not something the Order approved of in most circumstances - but the deed had been done, and even when the gurdurr recovered, he went through periods of intense energy followed by periods of extreme exhaustion. Perhaps it was better that Tiny only had the four, after all...

Much as she hated to admit it, Clark had been right. The wailmer was growing at a rather rapid pace, and eating more and more with each meal. Thankfully, the Guardians provided her with enough food for the growing water-type, but there was no hiding the fact that the wailmer was larger than Emilie at this point, and could likely squish her if she really wanted to. It was a disconcerting thought for the Order spy; even though Tiny had proven herself in the recent battle against the Black Forest Phantoms, Emilie knew next to nothing of giant pokemon, and she would hate to have her desire to raise a water-type after she had to give Squirt back as her downfall.

"You're good for now, Tiny. I'll give you some more after we do some training work. What do you say we work on that bouncing of yours and try to make it into a move?" Emilie said, turning away from the wailmer, not able to withstand the pitiful face the water-type was making. Squirt used to do the same thing, and she had given in to the octillery's demands far too often. She couldn't afford to do that with a pokemon that was already bigger than herself.

She looked over at the barracks, watching the Guardians mill around. Tiny would be a good weapon against them if the time ever came, she knew, but it was strange to work with the wailmer on her mission that was supposed to be based on stealth. The wailmer had performed admirably in the fight, but when it had come time for the escape, she had stayed in her ball. Her inability to do much of anything other than look imposing and shoot jets of water made her not the optimal pokemon, but Emilie's own nostalgia was going to keep her around.

A shadow began to rise over the building as a few Guardians turned their heads, then returned to their business. Emilie swore under her breath. The sun wasn't supposed to set that early. She still had things to do and places to be before she was ready to turn in for the night. She would also need to wrangle that wailmer, who was getting more stubborn as time went by and she got the bulk to match up with her budding personality...

"Erm... Emilie?"

"Yeees?" she said slowly, afraid of what was coming next.

"There's something behind you that I think you should see," Clark said hesitantly as his handler took a deep breath and looked over her shoulder.

With a gulp, she realized the sun wasn't setting after all.

Tiny was engulfed in a white light, a miniature sun of her own, that was quickly fading to the form of a shadow as a truly enormous creature emerged. Emilie had never seen anything that large; even siege machines were smaller than this beast that was appearing in front of her.

"I thought you got the last candy!" Emilie yelled, not caring for her volume anymore.

"It appears... she didn't need... that many!" Clark yelped as the bulky pokemon began to squish him.

"Clark! What's happening?"

All Emilie could hear was a muffled mumble until something let out a small popping sound near her, and a disheveled-looking Clark materialized next to her. "I thought... I was... done for," he panted as he started drifting backward.

"Wait, she's... she's still growing?!" Emilie shrieked as she turned around and began to run back towards the barracks, trying to ignore the growing darkness that meant the wailmer was only getting bigger. She kept running until all that remained of the shadow was an outline behind her, and she stood halfway between Tiny and the barracks. It took a great deal of courage to turn around and look at her pokemon, but she quickly taught Clark several new swears as she turned, daring to take a peek.

The pokemon was absolutely enormous. Tiny was the size of a whale, giant and making a low crooning noise as she rolled around. Now longer than she was wide, the pokemon soon got stuck, and Emilie grinned as she recalled how the newly hatched wailmer had gotten stuck in almost the same way. So Tiny was uncomfortable with the new form too, or at least she would need some more practice with it...

"T...tiny?" Emilie giggled as the true irony of the name settled in her mind. The pokemon before her was anything but tiny; in fact, Emilie and a dozen of her friends could ride the pokemon and not bump into each other.

"Waiiiiiiilooooooooord," Tiny rumbled, her voice deeper. "Waiiiiiilord," she added after a few moments, then smacked the back part of her body against the ground without warning as she tried to propel herself into the air.

Emilie screamed as the ground began to shake, resembling an earthquake. She shrieked as she began to levitate off the ground, the elgyem holding her in midair with a great deal of concentration. His yellow light in particular kept flashing, and she had no idea what that meant and continued to loudly express her fear until she was placed back down on the ground and the wailord had begun to levitate.

"You've gotta not do that..." Emilie whispered, out of breath, completely sure the wailord wouldn't hear her. But if she could get used to the large movements, the way the pokemon moved by moving the world around her, perhaps Emilie could use this against an enemy camp and bring people to their knees as she achieved her goals. It would be the complete opposite of stealth, but Tiny was the complete opposite of her name now, and yet she still floated over to Emilie and slammed her face into the human, knocking her over.

"Why'd you stop?" Emilie asked Clark as she brushed dirt off her knees.

"She wants to say hello," Clark said. "Remember how she used to headbutt you when she was smaller?"

"We'll need to work on that, Tiny, you're a bit big for that now..." Emilie said, trying to let the pokemon down gently, and hoping she didn't remember about the rare candies Emilie still had in her bag. She would need to give them away, she realized; there was no way she would be able to stop the wailord from getting what she wanted and crushing all of her poke balls in the process.

"Wailoooooooord," Tiny said.

"She says she wishes to figure out a way to bounce in her new form," Clark said, hesitation in his voice.

"I... I'll think about a way for it to work, but please wait until I do," Emilie said, a shiver running through her body at the mere thought of the wailord bouncing and likely bringing half of Dedrius down with her. With a chuckle, she realized that was one way to bring the Guardians down...

"She agrees to your terms," Clark said, and Emilie nodded, catching her breath.

"Tiny, can I do a bit of research, please? I want to put you in your ball for a little while so I can figure out how we can work together," Emilie said.

"She is afraid you are going to throw her away," Clark said after a few moments of intense staring from the wailord.

"I won't toss you, Tiny. You're a good friend, and a solid battler. I need someone like you on my team, I just need to strategize. I promise I'll let you out soon - you know what, the Rose Bowl tournament is coming up, and I'll let you test your power for the first time then. I'll be ready by then. Does that work for you?"

"Waiiii!"

Emilie didn't need a translation to know that the wailord was satisfied with the terms of the deal. She pressed the button in the center of Tiny's old poke ball, half expecting it to malfunction, but the wailord was sucked in just like any other pokemon, the poke ball even weighing the same as all of her others.

The elgyem looked expectantly at her as soon as she clipped the ball on her belt. "Yes, I know," she rolled her eyes. "I'll go to the library. You can help, if you want." She was still wary of the large beast's strength, and although she was friendly now, Emilie didn't want to see what she would look like if she was angry. That was motivation enough to get the human and elgyem across the field and into the barracks, seeking the library and a deeper partnership with the now-giant Tiny.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Astraea
 Posted: Apr 6 2017, 11:01 PM
| Quote |

张开双手 变成翅膀
Moderators
Member No. 2280
Joined on 12-August 16.

Characters:

So since part of this dev was my fault... My apologies to Clark for almost squishing him.

This was beautifully written as always, and very funny as well. I always love reading about Tiny, though I feel kinda bad for Emilie having to deal with this right after the Toasty situation. Anyways, there's not much to say here, other then I'm really looking forward to seeing how Tiny manages being not-so-tiny anymore.

Obviously, Tiny evolves into a Wailord after eating four Rare Candies! She learns Amnesia as a Wailmer and Soak, Heavy Slam, and Noble Roar as a Wailord. Emilie gains 1 EXP from the evolution but does not level up.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 03:12 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Pokemon: Kai, Clark
Time: Very early morning

Goals:
- Introducing Kai
- Initial bonding with Kai

=============

He’s one of ours, the note had said, but Emilie couldn’t think of anything less Order-like as she beheld the pile of sand on her floor that was apparently a pokemon.

She had been awakened an hour earlier than usual, her rage at waking up only exacerbated by the fact that there was someone standing over her bed who deposited a fat envelope beside her face and then promptly shuffled away into the shadows. “Do they have no regards for my safety at all?” Emilie had grumbled, thankful that the three other recruits in the barracks at that time had remained asleep.

The elgyem was awake, though, and she glanced over at him, noticing his wide-open eyes. She rolled her own eyes at him, although she wondered if he had kept the others asleep for her. She looked down at the envelope, illuminated by the beginning of the sun’s rays. What could have been so important that someone from the Order, or someone the Order trusted, would bring the envelope to the Guardian barracks right under the councilwoman’s nose?

Her curiosity got to her. She dressed quickly, motioning for Clark to follow as she stepped outside of the room. She opened the package gingerly, unsure of what to expect, but the flash of red-and-white that could only mean a shiny new poke ball was the first thing she saw. A poke ball? But what was that doing there?

She dug her hand around the small package, her fingers eventually finding a piece of parchment. She squinted and tried to read it, and let out a small squeak when Clark materialized next to her shoulder, shining his hand-lights down at the parchment. Now having to squint less, but feeling perturbed at her starter pokemon’s insistence on participating in everything lately, she read the hastily scribbled words.

Joseph fell in battle on a failed mission. This pokemon fell beside him but revived for some reason. Your elgyem can hide him. His name is Kai.

Whatever you think, he’s one of ours, so take care of him, and one day he may yet recover whatever it was that made him so attractive to our erstwhile friend.

The note was unsigned, but the handwriting looked familiar - it kind of looked like the handwriting of Caroline Summers, the true name of the woman who played Guardian Atwood in Dedrius when necessary. And the name Joseph was familiar too, although Emilie hadn’t thought of the man in a long time - he had been an initiate around the same time as her, and he had a penchant for using the strangest pokemon he could find. He was an amateur breeder as well, and he tended to specialize in psychic-types, as far as Emilie could remember. Great. Was another elgyem in this ball?

“He’d have loved you, then,” she muttered as the elgyem drifted over to the poke ball that now rested in Emilie’s hands, peering down at the shiny surface. “Well, better get this over with,” Emilie said as she tossed the ball in the air, the red light illuminating something close to the ground for a moment before it dissipated.

There was no pokemon.

At least, there was no pokemon that was of any substantial size or was making any kind of noise. Nothing was chittering or clicking, as smaller pokemon tended to do, and there was no annoying voice popping into her head to let her know that there was a psychic-type being annoying. The thought of death crossed her mind - was the pokemon invisible? - but she was too unfamiliar with ghosts to know how exactly to look for one.

Confused and more than slightly tired, Emilie tried to focus on her surroundings and wake up a little more. The trees were still, the sun was barely beginning to peek over the horizon, and something must have been floating by on a breeze, because the wind began to make the whistling sound that Emilie knew meant a harsh day in Dedrius. Instinctively, she crossed her arms and rubbed her hands up and down her upper arms, but she soon realized this was futile.

It was not a windy morning.

Now intrigued, Emilie tried to track the sound, realizing that it was coming from close to her feet. She shuffled forward experimentally, and noticed a squeak and a shuffle. So it was down there, then - and it was something small, and very weird. Thanks, Joseph.

“Are you down there? Kai? Hello?” Emilie tried repeatedly, but nothing happened. The whooshing stabilized, but it still sounded like a strange whistle entered every now and then. It was a disconcerting feeling, especially in the dark, to be watched by some creature that Emilie couldn’t define.

“He is scared.” Clark butted in, entering Emilie’s head.

Emilie, startled by the sudden mind invasion, stumbled forward, slipping on something and falling to the ground. The whooshing turned into a muted scream for a split second, then resumed its usual annoyingness.

“Give me a warning before you do that,” Emilie grumbled as she tried to push herself up.

“But how am I supposed to warn you if you - ”

“Just do it, okay?” Emilie grunted as she began to pick at her fingernails. Something was under there, and it certainly didn’t feel like dirt. “Is this… sand?” she asked, and was startled to hear a voice back.

“Sand.”

“So you can talk, then,” Emilie said softly as she made her way to a kneeling position. “The name’s Kai, right?”

“Sand.”

“Yes, this is sand - are you a water pokemon, did you track some sand over?” That was unusual, there weren’t many water pokemon near Dedrius, but what other kind of pokemon would find itself on a beach?

“Sand.”

“It’s part of his name,” Clark butted in before Emilie could snap at the new pokemon. “He is called a sandygast, but he used to be like me.”

“Is that why you can read his thoughts so easily?” Emilie guessed.

“It’s not easy at all,” Clark confessed. “He is terribly afraid, and when ghosts get afraid, it’s not wise to keep them out for long. He could get triggered by anything - we do not know what killed him, after all.”

“So he is dead, then?” Emilie reached out a hand tentatively, but she heard a whoosh and a squeak as the pokemon backed up. “Come here, Kai. I won’t hurt you. I knew Joseph, he was a friend of mine.”

That was a stretch, but the mere mention of his handler was enough to get the sandygast to creep forward, hesitantly touching Emilie’s hand with his sandy body.

“More sand? What in the world?” Emilie exclaimed as she tried to find the solid surface of the pokemon’s body underneath the gritty texture, only to realize there wasn’t one. “Ew, he’s all sand?!”

“Sand.”

“I think I get what you mean, little guy,” she said, trying to pat the pokemon while ignoring the feeling of disgustingness from touching so much sand. She was not a beach person. She never liked it, and there was never any reason for her to get sand on any of her things. But now it would be everywhere… she knew how pervasive it was…

And yet, somehow, she didn’t feel the immediate need to distance herself from the pokemon. He had come back to life after dying, and that was a feat she could stand by, especially considering the power of the Fitzgerald brother after he came back. Yes, Casper… She thought of the cofagrigus’ desire for revenge and her mind began to churn with all-too-easy ways to manipulate that in her favor. The sand was a nuisance, yes, but there were worse things to have on the team.

“Look, I’m not going to talk down to you. Someone gave you to me after Joseph…” Remembering Clark’s words about triggers, Emilie changed her tone. “He can’t take care of you at the moment, so it’ll be you and me. I can’t say I’ll take you to the beach all that much, but I do know how to take care of pokemon.”

The sandygast gave no response, not even a simple “Sand” to let her know he was listening. Clark, always too curious for his own good, probed a little further. He saw flashes, small things that indicated the ghost was still processing his own death. The sandygast’s responses might still be numb, he realized as he probed deeper.

He felt a surge of power as he watched the pokemon that the sandygast used to be evolve, and he recognized the form it was taking. It was a wobbuffet, another pure psychic like himself. What pain must the creature have endured to have such a stunted mind? Clark wondered, but he kept his observations to himself. There was no way Emilie would train a pokemon who she thought was tainted in any way, even if it was from mental scars of a violent death.

Clark didn’t quite see the death. Something inside the sandygast’s mind, an instinct perhaps, pushed him away, but something inside the mind felt weak, like his meddling made it so that even the slightest thing could make him crumble. He withdrew slowly, carefully, and once he was out, he could hear Emilie speaking to the pokemon again. “... I know it’s not perfect, but give me a chance.”

“S… sand?”

“I know I’m not Joseph, and I can’t be, but I don’t think he’d want you to be sad. After all, he didn’t - ”

“Don’t! He’s too vulnerable!” Clark yelled in Emilie’s head.

“die for you to be unhappy,” she finished with a grimace as the sandygast let out an entirely unearthly sound.

“SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!”

Emilie withdrew the shrieking sandygast, now very awake as people began their early morning routines. She decided to leave the sandygast alone for a little while, hoping that he would calm down, and that she wouldn’t experience that screaming again. The whooshing, she could deal with, but… with a grin she realized she was already beginning to think of the castaway as a member of her team. Hopefully, he would earn his place - and hopefully she would be able to be kind enough to help him along until he reached the heights that had justified his transfer over to her. For now, though, she let him rest, cultivating ideas to bring to him. At the very least, she could be a very good distraction for the former wobbuffet.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Astraea
 Posted: May 6 2017, 10:25 PM
| Quote |

张开双手 变成翅膀
Moderators
Member No. 2280
Joined on 12-August 16.

Characters:

I always love Emilie's developments because she reacts in such unique ways. That being said, I think she warmed up to Kai a little too fast to be totally realistic, but I understand that this is just laying out some groundwork. I also would have liked to see her trying to calm Kai down more than just withdrawing him and "giving him space".

Otherwise, this was a very solid post as well as a fun read. I don't think any happiness is deserved here since they're still just barely getting to know each other, but I'll add a note that Kai Hesitantly trusts Emilie.

--------------------

| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: May 14 2017, 02:09 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Setting: Dedrius marketplace
Pokemon: Eorlund
Time: Mid-afternoon

Goals:
- Introducing Eorlund
- Initial bonding with Eorlund yeaaaaahno not gonna happen right now but hopefully soon http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png

=============

She needed to get out of the barracks more. At least, that was what Emilie heard when she was assigned to go on a patrol with a Senior Guardian who heard about some trouble down at the shop.

The shop, of course, referred to the Guardian-only shop that had been established shortly after the Schism. Emilie hadn’t set foot in it yet, mostly because she had been afraid to go to either the Guardian-only shop or the black market while she was between the two groups, but in the presence of a Senior Guardian, she should be safe. Unless Fitzgerald showed up, of course. In that case, it would be time to run for the hills.

As it turned out, however, her assigned Senior Guardian was definitely not Alexander Fitzgerald. She was a tall woman with long red hair that swished behind her as she practically ran to the shop, Emilie hot on her heels. "Do I need any pokemon out?"

"I don't know yet," she replied, a hand on an ultra ball at her waist. "But there's no time to waste!" She continued to lead Emilie down unfamiliar streets until she was near enough to the shopfront to notice a strange rumbling coming from the ground.

There was no one checking identities at the front, as Emilie had been informed might happen, and the street outside the building looked utterly deserted, devoid of both Guardians and passersby. Emilie dared to peek in before following Maria, and gasped as she realized what she was seeing.

There were a lot of tropius.

Guardians ran around, trying to contain them, but as the great creatures flapped their wings, they knocked poke balls and other wares to the floor, releasing pokemon and shattering what looked like valuable things.

"Don't just stand there!" a Guardian yelled when he saw Maria and Emilie. "Grab the balls and get everything back in!"

Maria didn't hesitate before bringing out a quilava, who quickly began to herd the tropius while trying not to set the entire shop on fire. Emilie, meanwhile, entered the store more cautiously and stooped to pick up a poke ball, only to find herself looking right at a large and... amused-looking tropius? She fumbled with the ball in her hand only for the tropius to swat it away. She braced herself for attack, wondering exactly how sturdy Guardian armor was, but the tropius simply watched, a rather satisfied look on its face.

If he saw it as a challenge of wills, she was going to win, even if she had to cheat. She backed up, pretending to be afraid, knowing the tropius would get closer. They had to continue this game, after all, and he didn't seem like one who would want to lose. She merely backed up slowly, reaching behind her to try to find the poke ball - only for her left foot to find it instead, as she fell in a rather undignified heap of limbs and armor.

The sound emerging from the tropius's mouth sounded like nothing less than hysterical laughter, although it was deep and brief. It did, however, give her enough time to press the button in the center of the ball she held. One down, many more to go.

By the time the Guardians finished corralling the pokemon, the shop looked like a stampede had passed through, and the ground was layered with so many leaves that it looked like they stood in the Edgewood and not in the center of town. Emilie picked leaves out of her sweat-dampened hair as Maria approached the shopkeeper, another Senior Guardian based on the ribbon on his armor.

"Thank you - I didn't know if backup would arrive in time, but I'm glad it did," he said. "How many did you get?"

"These three - what was making them attack like that?" Maria asked as she deposited the scuffed-up poke balls in his hands.

"We rescued them from poachers. They need a lot of care, and they're highly distrustful."

"Why were they out of their balls if they're so volatile?" Maria asked as her breathing began to even out from the exertion, her quilava now by her side once more.

"It was an accident - someone was bringing in another tropius today, a bit of an odd one, and he started flapping his wings and let a few loose. It all went south from there," he said, shaking his head lightly.

Emilie couldn't help but approach. "Excuse me - I can't help but notice that this tropius I captured was behaving somewhat strangely."

The shopkeeper looked at the ball and exclaimed, "Ah, yes! I was wondering who had gotten Eorlund."

"He has a name?" Emilie asked, looking down at the ball in her hands. It was scuffed like the others from this most recent drama, but it also looked older, and a few deeper scratches confirmed Emilie's theory that this pokemon had not been captured recently.

"He was surrendered recently by a Guardian who was going inactive. She said he's a piece of work, but he's strong and he'd be good for any Guardian who could train him."

"He seems smart - just something in his eyes, I suppose," Emilie said. "But I don't think I could get much more without my elgyem helping out."

"An elgyem? Ohoho, this may be my lucky day after all."

"Excuse me?"

"I didn't want to sell this fellow with the poached ones. He needs someone with a gentler touch, someone he won't hurt. Someone who can understand him, and a pure psychic will help you with that." He nodded to Emilie, a smile on his face. "Go on, you can keep him. If he let you recall him, he'll be fine with it."

Emilie was about to protest for a dozen different reasons, most of all that he hadn't "let" her do anything since she was the one to fall flat on her arse when trying to run away, but Maria spoke first. "That would be a fine reward for throwing a greenhorn into this situation," Maria said, and it took Emilie a moment to realize she wasn't joking.

Only then, with the two Senior Guardians expecting this of her, did she begin to wonder: Could she handle the tropius? He was rather large, and definitely seemed belligerent - and a troublemaker to boot, if he had started this fiasco. Emilie fought off the impulse to groan, trying to think of reasons she might be able to work with the beast. He did seem determined, and she could mold that to her advantage... he could be a flying mount to carry her to destinations and help her escape if her espionage was discovered... he did seem to have a strong, sturdy body and a lack of utter hatred as a poached tropius might. She sighed. It did make sense, after all.

"I'll take him," she said, hesitantly clipping his ball to her belt as the two Senior Guardians nodded. As Maria led Emilie back to the base, at a far slower pace, she had time to consider her strategy. How would she win the loyalty of a tropius like that? He reminded her of Clark, powerful in his own way, but different in that he had experience with a handler before. She had the feeling she would have to devote a great deal of time to the pokemon, but something in what she remembered of his eyes told her it would be worth it to at least begin to plan.

Like the tropius, in fact, who had hatched a plan of his own. His life had been too boring since he was given to the Guardians, far too serious. He needed someone who could match him, and although their encounter had been brief, the dark-haired girl seemed promising. Promising enough that he had allowed her to recall him into his ball, which would likely mean a transfer of ownership. He was not stupid. He knew exactly what he was doing by challenging the girl who would become his new handler.

Well. He was more than up for the challenge.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (2) 1 2  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.