Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | Closed || New Topic || New Poll |

Happy Holidays 2017!, Late for the solstice but shhh
Rosalie
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 11:31 AM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2310
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1

The (late) Holiday Promotion Is Here!

Yet another year had gone by, and once again the rustling of dry leaves and giggles of mischievous spirits is beginning to give way to the flurry of snow and sleet that overtakes Harper. But fear not - for the bravest and kindest of the delibirds, realizing the deadness of the human part of their home and in an endeavour to get them to share in the joys of the seasons, have decided to make long and arduous journeys all across the land to deliver gifts of goodwill to the people of Harper.

For this year's Holiday season, the staff team had decided to bestow a gift box on each of your characters. And of course, honoring the region in which this very event is taking place on, they shall be Harper-themed! There are three choices available for choosing.

Roselia Box
Noctowl Box
Lucario Box

Of course, with these gifts there is a catch. Each of these contain different items which players will not be able to know until the date of gift delivery. There are a few questions we have for each participant, whose answers may be relevant to what you receive.

1. If your character was a pokemon, what pokemon would they be?
2. What type are you most skilled at using? Your character?
3. Is your preference one of immediate reward, or do prefer to build things over time and delay your reaping?
4. What's your preferred battling style -- sneaky, aggressive, defensive, etc?
5. Which part of the holiday season means the most to you? Whether it's family, the break from classes, the good food, the weather, or something else, let everyone know!
6. And the all important... Know any good recipes? http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/3.png

With this promotion, we also enable you to send a gift to another player via the staff after you have chosen your gift boxes. If you want this to happen, simply PM Rosalie or Flight with what you want to put in the box and who you wish to pass it to. This will be done anonymously so as to be fair to all members. If you do not want to send your character's golds or items, a token may be given instead. This will be a randomized berry.

How to claim it:
    This event will resemble the Halloween Promo in part. You will post here with some flavor text describing a short, paragraph-or-two, Alternate-Universe (if you are in rainy hell Cypwater and want some Holidays-feely icy hell of Harper's Pass) encounter with a delibird, who will hand you the giftbox of your choice before leaving. In the same post, you will answer the questions above and state what gift boxes you would like. We will record your name and, once the events closed, will be distributing the contents of the giftboxes.
This event will be closed on January 10. On approximately January 11-12, the gifts will be revealed!

The staff team wishes everyone a great Holiday season! http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/3.png

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 09:52 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 767
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:
Jonna Shipston, Brenda Shiell, Yngve Tessel

Awards: 5

Brenda Shiell
1. Brenda can't be anything else than an Aegislash, she is a warrior and a protector, and her first name means sword, with her last reminds of shield her parents had fun naming her, I'm sure
2. Let's say normal type for Brenda, and probably grass for myself.
3. Brenda wants them right away, I prefer to build over time.
4. Brenda is tactical aggressive. (In the games I'm aggressive, in rpg I'm much more tactical)
5. This year it was to be with my family and see "Robin Hood goes wrong"
6. "klejner" a kind of crullers.
Ingredients
gives approx. 30 big Klejner

2 eggs
125 grams of butter
125 grams of sugar
1½ dl whipped cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
450 grams of flour
1½ grated lemon peel (can be made without as well)
1 teaspoon cardamom (is not in grandma's recipe so it isn't necessary)

1000 grams of palmin or pig fat, or similar to fry the cookies.

Mix it all and put it in the refrigerator for 24 hours. That makes the dough more elastic and easier to work with, and they are raising better when cooked.

Day 2
Put flour on the dough and your table. Roll the dough flat. Very flat. About 5 mm thin. It's almost as thin as you can make it without rolling the dough into pieces-

Cut out in rude form. For example, with a pizza knife or bread knife. Start cutting long strips, then cut diagonally so the pieces are rhombus shaped.

Cut a hole in the middle and fold one tip through the clay to twist the famous knot.

Fry in 170-180 degrees hot fat for approx. 2 minutes on each side.

Noctowl box for Brenda.

Yngve Tessel
1. Yngve is a joltik, trying to stay out of sight while feeding of others work.
2. Yngve is skilled in fighting types, since his first partner was a mankey.
3. Yngve likes the excitement and the work for the reward, more than the reward itself.
4. Yngve is still a hit-and-run guy.
5. See Brenda's answer
6. See Brenda's answer

Roselia Box for Yngve

Gry
1. Gry is a mudbray, down to earth and calm, while still being playful.
2. Hmm, Gry has worked with a bit of different pokemon, so this is a good question. Let us say grass types.
3. Gry is down to earth and used to work hard, she doesn't expect to get anything without having to work hard for it.
4. Gry's "battle"-style is performance, surprising and showing off rather than attacking
5. See Brenda's answer
6. See Brenda's answer

Lucario Box for Gry

Processed! - Salad

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
RyoKnetegawa
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 05:51 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 66
Member No. 2336
Joined on 23-March 17.

Characters:
Lucas O'Leery

Awards: None

1. Lucas is a Houndour. He may look scary, and he may be standoffish, but when it comes to his friends or those he loves, he will never abandon them and his wrath shall burn away those who would hurt those he considers his pack
2. I am better at using Fire type. Lucas is better at using Dark type.
3. Lucas doesn’t mind waiting for a reward so long as it is worth the wait.
4. Lucas is aggressive looking to do the most damage as fast as possible to end the fight.
5. I look forward to all the happiness that my pack seems to feel around the holidays, and more important is that they seem to enjoy their time. So long as they are happy and flourishing then I am happy.
6. Divinity, and my Grandma’s pumpkin pie.
So I’ll start with the pie first, because honestly it is mostly a family recipie and won’t make much sense unless you watched her make it. It can be summed up in a rhyme.
“As much pumkin as Cream, brown sugar in a stream, 3 big eggs all beat up, and corn syrup ‘bout half a cup.”
Oven is preheated to 425 degrees F, ingredients whisked together, pour into crust bake 15 minutes.
Drop temp to 350 Degrees F, and bake 40 minutes, or until knife (About an inch from the crush) comes out clean.

Divinity:
Ingredients
4 cups sugar
1 cup white corn syrup (Or any kind, but it will change color)
¾ cup cold water
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2 cups chopped nuts (can be peanuts, almonds, pecans, whatever. Or none at all your choice)

In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir only until sugar has dissolved. Do not stir after this point. Cook syrup mixture until it reaches 250 degrees F on a candy thermometer, bringing it to a hard ball stage.

While the syrup is cooking, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Once the sugar mixture reaches 250 degrees F, carefully pour a slow steady stream of syrup into the stiffly beaten egg whites, beating constantly at high speed. Add the vanilla and continue to beat until mixture holds its shape, approximately 5 minutes. Add in nuts at this point if desired.

Using 2 spoons, drop the divinity onto waxed paper, using 1 spoon to push the candy off the other. This may take a little practice because the technique is to twirl the pushing spoon, making the candy look like the top of a soft serve ice cream. If the candy becomes too stiff, add a few drops of hot water.
Lucario Box for Lucas

Processed! -Salad

--------------------

Lucas O' Leery | Rogue
Profile | Travels |
Dev | Thread Tracker|PCR

Team

| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 01:33 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1615
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Awards: 5

Doing this Generation 3-style this time!
Alexander: Between his fiery temper when unleashed, and his carefully honed punches, Alexander would be a blaziken.
Emilie: Emilie would be a kecleon because of her ability to blend into a variety of surroundings and types of people.

I tend to use a lot of fire-types in the games, but I try not to stick to one particular type above any others.
Alexander: Alexander is most proficient with fighting-types (from his past) and dragon-types (currently).
Emilie: Emilie is most skilled at using water-types.

3. Is your preference one of immediate reward, or do prefer to build things over time and delay your reaping?
I'm a pretty patient person, so I'd generally delay.
Alexander: Alexander has spent a great deal of time trying to hone his patience, and would go for the delayed reward if it was superior.
Emilie: Emilie likes to use whatever tools she has at her disposal, so she would want the reward immediately.

I'm a very aggressive battler in the games, although I think that I would be more cautious if I had pokemon in real life.
Alexander: Aggressive 98% of the time, but he is capable of showing restraint when his pokemon are in danger. He cares a lot about them and doesn't want them to get harmed.
Emilie: Emilie is a planner, and she tends to think her strategies through from secrecy before attacking with a solid plan.

5. Which part of the holiday season means the most to you? Whether it's family, the break from classes, the good food, the weather, or something else, let everyone know!
For me, it's about taking a break from school and work and having time to spend with people and pets.
Alexander: For Alexander, it's about family, although he feels more melancholy than usual about Casper's death around the holidays.
Emilie: Emilie's holidays are about spending time with her pokemon, particularly with Littlefoot, who loves ice and snow.

6. And the all important... Know any good recipes?
Some things I cooked with my family this week! We're not great cooks, so we find the recipes online, but here are a couple of recommendations for good things to cook.
Alexander:
Minestrone Soup

Emilie:
Stuffed Pork Chops

And now, for the boxes!

Alexander - http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/164noctowl.png Box

Emilie - http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/315roselia.png Box

Processed! - Salad

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Amakiir
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 03:07 PM
| Quote |

Houseplant Diglett
Members
Total Posts: 244
Member No. 1667
Joined on 22-June 14.

Characters:
Denzil Heath / Gwyn Elijah

Awards: 2

Denzil - Cacnea. Not afraid to lead a simple life, and just do what makes him happy. Is something darker buried beneath the surface?
Gwyn - A Carvanha I think. She's loyal to those who have earned her trust but anyone outside that circle is fair game. Sharp teeth waiting, and eyes always watching.

I try to balance my teams accordingly, but Ghosts will always have a place in my heart.
Denzil - Den doesn't seek a Mon primarily for its Type so his team is fairly varied, but he's most experienced working with Rock and Steel Types from living in the Crater.
Gwyn - Her family has deep ties to Grass Types, otherwise she has mainly hunted Normal and Ice Types in the mountains.

Immediate payoff just doesn't have the satisfaction that busting your hump earning brings.
Denzil - One hammer swing at a time.
Gwyn - Few hunts are successful when you are charging ahead.

I adapt to the situation, but do start out as defensive until I know what I am dealing with.
Denzil - He's still learning the ropes and goes more on the offensive than he really should. Haven't had the chance to showcase the sleeping temper yet.
Gwyn - Gwyn's temper is more out in the open, but she has learned to turn that into focus for the task at hand. Most of the time, anyway.

The shift in the seasons. It's something primal, untouched by human hand that we really have no say in. It's like being part of the world itself.
Denzil - The seasons are fairly limited in the desert but he understand the dangers of the Sun and cold equally. The rainy times are an incredible thing to see with the slumbering plants and animals buzzing awake for a brief moment, and then the mud starts sliding everywhere and mixing with the dust in the air to rain mud glops. The village tends to come together during the holidays, or at least the crafting circles and older neighborhood that Denzil knows of.
Gwyn - It is a time of family and remembering, and to honor the Patrons and the gifts they bestow as well as the lessons they impose.

Denzil Heath- Noctowl

Gwyn Elijah - Lucario

Torrone (Italian Nut and Nougat Confection)

Processed! - Salad

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Astraea
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 06:36 PM
| Quote |

张开双手 变成翅膀
Members
Total Posts: 186
Member No. 2280
Joined on 12-August 16.

Characters:
Adrian Carlisle, Silas Arington, Elena Ayton (Retired)

Awards: None

Adrian is an Umbreon -- stealthy and associated with the darkness if only because the environment made it necessary. His childhood was easy; everything he needed was provided with no questions asked. However, following his kidnapping, the evolution into a "darker" being was necessary despite being a kind character at heart.
    Unlike Adrian, Silas started out dark. Too young to really distinguish right and wrong and the moral wasteland that lay between and too old now to fight these instincts off, Silas is a Pawniard. He is a vicious fighter and used to fighting anyone and everyone if it means his survival, but he has a hero's disposition and is obsessed with the idea of justice.
    I like a balanced team but have always found it easier to use physical, elemental types (i.e. Fire/Water).
    Adrian has no preference but, unlike me, prefers 'mental' types, particularly Psychic and Ghost. His team is diverse but he likes working with Pokemon that can understand and sync with him on a deeper level.
    Silas will preferentially use Dark-types, being able to relate his assassination style to their instincts.
    I personally prefer immediate reward.
    Adrian has learned the "good things come to those who wait" method and would prefer to build things over time.
    Silas knows how to be patient, sitting in a dark corner for hours waiting for his prey if necessary, but if given the choice, he would want his reward immediately.
    Preferably, everything goes my way and I have an overwhelmingly swift victory. But more realistically, I prefer to weaken the opponent in small ways that they can't tell and then deal a final blow completely out of the blue.
    Adrian is a speedster. He feels no need to drag things out and sees violence as a means to an end, something he'd prefer to get over with quickly. He prefers hit and runs, or close quarter fighting in which he can deal multiple strikes in a few seconds.
    Silas knows how to adapt himself to different fighting styles. If his opponent likes long range fighting, he'll get up in their face. If they want to duck out of the fight quickly, he'll draw it out as long as possible, toying with them while cornering them so they can't get away. Essentially, Silas wants to be contrary.
    I'm really enjoying the break right now! My grades are good, my skin is clear, I'm happy. It's been really nice not having to worry about anything.
    Adrian loves the fact that he can be together with his family once more. It's a luxury that he's never really appreciated in the past and he's glad that he has his parents and siblings to celebrate with once more.
    Silas has a childlike joy for the holidays. He's particularly in love with snow, despite how hard they made his job since he had to cover up his prints wherever he went. With his new job, however, Silas will relish the happiness of others, a happiness that he can enjoy for himself now.
    I've actually figured out how to make waffles...using waffle mix...and a machine. But...pretty close, right?Adrian, after spending his first holiday season with his mom, will come out of it with a recipe for raspberry cookies that his siblings apparently love and he was forced to make over a dozen batches of.
    Silas, being somewhat alone in this world, will come out of the holiday season with an almost edible stew recipe.
Adrian
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/448lucario.png
"I don't like this snow any more than you do, so would you stop throwing a fit?"

Marchton was one of the warmest places in Harper to be during the winter (excepting, of course, the desert), but that didn't mean it was completely sacrificed from the season's claws. His companion was feeling the cold just as much as he was, if not more, but the young Ponyta was as stubborn as a mule and refused to find safety and warmth inside his Pokeball. Unfortunately, this just led to Adrian having to deal with temper tantrums as the foal spontaneously burst out in flames to keep warm.

It had been a few months since Adrian's initial visit to see his parents, but the path back to Marchton was almost familiar as they passed by snow-encrusted dunes. The route was isolated; not many chose this type of weather to travel in and it was only poor planning that had the two trapped out at this time. Well, even with their surroundings darkening quickly, it would take only a few minutes more to reach the safe haven of his family home. However, the route wasn't as empty as it seemed.

From over a dune came the sound of crunching snow and shuffling steps. Adrian's hand automatically went to his dagger, though he doubted any bandits would be out at this time. Prometheus also stopped but seemed more curious than wary as the cause of the sound rounded the crest of the dune. It was a Delibird -- a very familiar-looking Delibird. Memories of warm kitchens and childhood glee rushed to the forefront of his mind, but before he could act on them, the Delibird had slid down the hill to stand in front of him.

Like it had a decade beforehand, it passed him a package and disappeared as quickly as it came, leaving the boy speechless in the snow behind it.

Silas
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/164noctowl.png
Silas hadn't wanted to spend the holiday season alone, but he wasn't sure if this was much better. Though the boy was normally reserved, he had been feeling lonely lately, watching the other Guardians interact but unsure of how to insert himself. Funny how as soon as he was able to actually make friends, friends who probably wouldn't die in the next month, he lost all semblance of social skill. And so the ex-assassin was walking with his Honedge around Istin, having been one of the few to volunteer for a holiday shift.

The sound of his footsteps was occasionally interrupted by raucous laughter from the taverns and homes they passed, light dancing around silhouettes in the window frames as if taunting Silas with the family he had never had. Sighing, the Guardian continued on the road, finally raising his eyes from the whiteness of the snow right as Kazimir hummed a warning. Except, well, the obstruction in their path didn't seem particularly dangerous.

It was a Pokemon, a bird-looking creature that was about half of Silas's height. It looked at the duo with a friendly smile, hopping forward and reaching into the white bag it kept and withdrawing a plain brown box. Blinking in confusion, Silas would reach forward and take the box, opening his mouth to question the Pokemon. But the second his hands touched it, the bird had disappeared, taking all signs of its presence with it -- except the gift. How strange...

Processed! -Salad

--------------------
Adrian James Carlisle | Freelance Rogue
Profile | Travels | Training | Development | PCR
Thread Tracker | Goals | Dream Team
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Silas Arington | Ex-Assassin Guardian
Profile | Travels | Training | Development
Thread Tracker | Goals | Dream Team
user posted image

Elena Ayton | Retired Handler
Profile | Travels | Training | PCR | Dream Team

user posted image user posted image user posted image
| PM |
^
Kaia
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 07:31 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 365
Member No. 2161
Joined on 29-December 15.

Characters:
Kalliope Tamsin, Namid Waagosh'Giizis

Awards: 3

Kalliope is one hundred percent lucario. Filled with a righteous sense of justice, strong and loyal. She's fierce and can both hunt in a pack and survive on her own. She's incredibly proud and acts it. Not to mention she's a born warrior. When she gives her loyalty to someone, she will die before she lets a single hair on their head come to harm. It's in her very nature.

Namid on the other hand, is a bit more difficult to pinpoint. While wild and free like a bird of flight, yet innocent and foolish like a child. They could be a sylveon or a starmie in different aspects. Sylveon are delicate and beautiful, very much in their styling. Starmie are mobile and strong, largely genderless and are quite vain in the shine of their gem. Namid can be vain, very much nomadic as starmie are, and is as much of the water as a starmie is--without water, Namid would surely perish.

Kalliope works best with fire and dark types. She is versed in physical power and brute strength. Despite her closest companion being a psychic type, as a handler she's better equipped to work with what she can see and feel. I'm much the same, actually. My preferred pokemon are fire and dark types.

Namid loves water types. It speaks to their nature, and they know every potential move for every water type they've ever met, and some they haven't. The bulwari culture is big on winning through skill in battle, not by using weaknesses, so their art form is battling with weaker moves in the most clever of ways.

A bit of both. Immediate rewards are nice, but I also love to work toward a bigger reward with my own skills, whether it be a difficult path or a more convoluted obstacle. It's more satisfying to earn it.
Kali would like to pretend she wants immediate rewards, driven as she is. But truthfully she doesn't believe in taking something she hasn't earned. She works hard, and she revels in the difficulty. Given the choice, she'd like to build a reward over time.
Namid on the other hand loves things handed straight to them. Though not afraid of hard work, Namid isn't exactly patient and a direct, immediate reward is much more satisfying.

Aggressive, one hundred percent. While I enjoy sneaky moves and catching the opponent unaware, brute force and overwhelming the opponent completely is instinctive.
Kali fights aggressive as well, though she's surprisingly passive in that she lets her pokemon use their strengths and merely guides them when he sees the opportunity.
Namid is a clever fighter. One more likely to build up to a sudden win when it looks like all is lost. Namid likes taking people by surprise and they're a shockingly fierce opponent, though one wouldn't believe it on looking at them.

The weather! I love cold weather, warm sweaters and comfy blankets. Hot chocolate or hot coffee curled up with a good book, the crunch of the snow underfoot, the crisp air and the strangely pale sky. If it could be winter all year long I wouldn't complain!
Kalliope used to loathe winter. It meant she was stuck in Harper's pass instead of visiting the region with her parents. But over the last few years, winter meant time spent cherishing family and being thankful for the time she had. Family is of the utmost importance to her.
The stories! Namid is obsessed with stories, whether the telling or the hearing of them. Winter is best spent banked by a fire or curled up in mounds of blankets trading stories with family and friends. Occasionally multiple pods would meet up in the southern regions of Harper and share with one another, like a big reunion of sorts. Oh, and the food! Namid loves stuffing their face.

I have one I really enjoy making! It's my version of ratatouille!

recipe

The Lucario Box

The Roselia Box

Processed! -Salad

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels
Incredible sprite by Mackay!

| PM || AIM |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 12:34 PM
| Quote |

The Sultan/Paladin of Salads
Background Mods
Total Posts: 547
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

I'm sure I could make a joke about Hadrian being a male Blissey, but since those don't exist, he's definitely more like his partner - a Torterra. Big, strong, and likes to nuture others.

Leopold seems to be more like an old Oranguru, as he likes to mentor younger people and while not as fast as he used to be, still is capable of utilizing a number of tools he learned from his youth.

Bain who is making a comeback, is definitely something like a Meowth. He's not yet old enough to be considered a Persian, but he likes money, reputation, and has a sense of arrogance - very much like a Meowth, in its regular or Alola form. He might lean closer to the Alola form due to his pride.

Personally, I do not use any particular type, but I do favor Steel, Rock and Grass types for their defenses and status abilities.
Hadrian is definitely Grass, though it could be argued he could do Psychic too after bonding with Brenna!
Leopold is probably Normal type now that I think of it - he's rather flexible with all types.
Bain fits more with Poison or Dark types, and definitely not Psychics.

I'm a bit in between - though I do like being patient and waiting.
Hadrian is very patient, he would wait for a reward and likes to build things over time.
Leopold has adopted patience, so he would be a very patient person in his older age.
Bain is not very patient, he prefers an immediate reward over waiting unless it is worth it.

I'm still that one guy who people hate because I play defense and status conditions. Though when I play a first playthrough, I tend to go aggressive.

Hadrian is a pure defensive battler and rarely will go on the offense unless someone is in danger.
Leopold is sneaky and patient, preferring to target one opponent at a time and take them out with minimal risk if possible.
Bain is aggressive but sneaky. He wants to get rid of problems right away, but he is willing to be sneaky and cheat if necessary.

Family mostly, and a bit of taking a break from work http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png Thank goodness for school schedule getting me a small winter vacation! It's also the only time I get to see my Amma who came to the States for the first time in over a decade for Christmas!
Hadrian is melancholy due to the loss of his family, but he enjoys being around his new partners and new friends in the holidays if possible.
Leopold is definitely spending time with his daughter, and son if their relationship is not too tense over the holiday. He does not like stopping drunken revelers and having to work during the holiday though...
Bain loves the weather. He likes the snow as it reminds him of his hometown in Istin, and he used to like being around his mother who had her own cultural celebrations on the winter solstice.

Lakkrístoppar – Licorice Tops

Bistro Salad

Blue Cheese Butter for Meat/Poultry/Fish

Samples:

Hadrian - Roselia Box

Leopold - Noctowl Box

Bain - Lucario Box

Processed!

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

Carni: Nothing is impossible as long as there's enough BS to cushion it.nough BS to cushion it.[/b][/i]
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Janessa
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 11:01 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Members
Total Posts: 236
Member No. 28
Joined on 16-September 11.

Characters:
Nesasio (deceased), Eirabella De'Rege, Adeliza "Adda" Wood

Eirabella is... well, the closest I can think of is Alolan Marowak. Her mother did die, after all, and the death of her mother played a part in sending her on the road to participating in... darker, violent activities.

Adda is easily a Tropius. She is nurturing and- until she traumatically lost her family in a very short period of time- was very content to lay her roots down in Dedrius and stay there, raising a family and becoming part of the community, part of the land, hence she is definitely a grass type. She is physically large and imposing; she plays with, feeds, and is beloved by children.

I don't think I have a type I'm most skilled at. I just kinda... use whatever. If I have to choose, I'd say maybe Grass, just because that's the starter type I usually go for.

Eirabella doesn't have any Pokemon skills. Truly. She's still new to Pokemon, and in her travels, hasn't used her Pokemon. If I had to choose, I'd either go with Normal (since it's basic, simple, with uncomplicated attacks) or Fire, since her starter is a Litwick.

Adda is also new to Pokemon, but I feel like she'll pick it up fairly quick, because she's more invested in her Pokemon. I'll select Ice for her, since she only has her starter, an Ice type.

Depends on the situation, but usually I prefer to build things up.

Eirabella doesn't care, as long as the reward is there. She probably prefers the immediate reward, but she would be willing to wait if need be, assuming she was confident there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

Adda is more patient, and probably prefers to build things up over time, to ensure she's doing it all right.

I vary between aggressive and defensive. I'll be aggressive if I'm confident that I'm not leaving myself open to attack. I am hardly ever into sneaking.

Eirabella is the sneaky type, for the most part. If she can get in and get the dirty work done without anyone being the wiser, that's what she'd prefer.

Adda could be aggressive or defensive depending on the situation, but she likely leans more towards defensive.

Family, and the break from the regular day-in-day-out stuff. After moving away from everyone I know and love to follow my husband as he attends school, and after having two lonely Christmases with just the two of us, this year we took an entire month to go back to our home state to spend the holidays with our families, and it has been so wonderful.

I do, but my recipe book is at home. :C If I remember, I'll edit this post when I get back to my apartment. I'll be back before this promotion ends~

Boxes:

Eirabella's Roselia Box

Adda's Lucario Box

Processed!

--------------------
Nesasio, my lovely.
Profile ~ Travels

Eirabella, my guilty.
Profile ~ Travels
user posted imageuser posted image

Adda, my maternal.
Profile ~ Travels
user posted image

PCR
| PM || Email |
^
Flight
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 03:55 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Total Posts: 999
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Iuchra Nic Longáin

Eryn
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/315roselia.png
1. Eryn is a lot like a luxray - canny, perceptive, wary, and predatory.
2. They're best versed in using normal-types, funnily enough.
3. They prefer to build for a reward over time.
4. Definitely sneaky, though their pokemon are certainly capable of being outright aggressive when needed. They just prefer to avoid a battle in the first place if it's unnecessary.
5. They look forward to the snow and ice, though getting them to stay the winter in Istin will be a trial and a half. (There's not much snowing going on in Miramossa.)
6. Hotteok is great and I love it a lot.
RP Sample

Addie
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/448lucario.png
1. Haxorus, probably, for its lore.
2. Flying-types; have you seen her last name?
3. Rewards over time.
4. Defensive, with an emphasis on counter-attacks.
5. Time for family and good food.
6. I ate Bungeoppang (fish-shaped pastry) a lot in winter when I was a kid and still living in Korea.
RP Sample

Seung
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/164noctowl.png
1. Last year I said a mienshao. But with the timeskip and subsequent character development involved, I'd say Seung would be a skarmory.
2. Fighting-types.
3. Building for a reward over time. (Why do so many of my characters do that??)
4. To apprehend, above all. After that, to disarm and to incapacitate.
5. Her family and the weather, mostly.
6. Tteokguk is a traditional winter (and celebratory) dish.
RP Sample

Processed

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra
| PM |
^
Yana
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 03:36 PM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Members
Total Posts: 112
Member No. 1743
Joined on 8-August 14.

Characters:
Líadain Kenyon

So sorry I dropped off the face of the Earth! I've had a very busy few months, graduating from my MA, finishing my book, having my birthday then being ill across the holidays. Once I'm feeling better I should be back to posting.

I'll go for the Lucario box for Lía please!

Questions!

RP Post

Processed

--------------------
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 04:36 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 860
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Lilith ~ Noctowl

* Lilith's preferred battling style would probably be unconventional and reckless, although recently she's been making a point to have some kind of safety net if things fall through and been focusing more on teamwork

Lev - Roselia

Rook = Lucario

What type are you most skilled at using?
I have...no idea? I use psychic quite a lot, in game and on Harper, so let's go with that.

Is your preference one of immediate reward, or do prefer to build things over time and delay your reaping?
Well sometimes I like an immediate reward - but in terms of Harper I prefer to take my time.

What's your preferred battling style -- sneaky, aggressive, defensive, etc?
Hit it really hard until it's dead fainted. Preferably without missing, because that's annoying. I can be convinced of a few solid def/sp. def upping moves, though. I like complicated character drama, not complicated fights...although admittedly in Harper I enjoy trying to work in more creative and and clever and vicious ideas.

Which part of the holiday season means the most to you? Whether it's family, the break from classes, the good food, the weather, or something else, let everyone know!
The quiet. Maybe it's just me and my family but everything is so still on winter break. This year I was particularly delighted to be able to spend time with my (slightly less) feral kittens, who now only hiss at me when I'm being too touchy-feely http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png

And the all important... Know any good recipes?
Ripe bananas blended with Guernsey milk and a touch of cinnamon & hot cocoa powder on top is delicious and easy and filling and I recommend it to everyone.

Processed!

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Desoto
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 04:33 AM
| Quote |

always dreaming, never quite leaving
Members
Total Posts: 433
Member No. 169
Joined on 1-February 12.

Characters:
Joscelin Waters, Little White Owl & Vestie Lennell

Joss (& me)

Vestie

Just getting to spend extra time with my family, that’s my favourite part.

Oh man, I stumbled on this a couple months ago, and it’s become a fast favourite…
Baked Brie/Camembert

Joss -- Noctowl Box

Vestie – Lucario box

Processed

--------------------
Evestalina Lennell
Joscelin Waters
Little White Owl
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Outcast
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 01:44 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Members
Total Posts: 202
Member No. 1621
Joined on 2-June 14.

Characters:
Maverick Noah Ryder

1. To be honest, Im not sure what pokemon Mav would be. I feel like Maverick would be a Turtonator or a maybe a Silvally, but it changes every year. lol. I think if I was a pokemon, I would be a Arcanine or Lycanroc.
2. For me, I dont really have a strong type. I do prefer dragon, fire, dark, and occasionally water. Canine like creatures are my strong suit. For Maverick, clearly flying types and probably dragon types later on.
3. Doesn't matter. Surprise me.
4. Strategist.
5. Family mostly, giving gifts to those who love you. All of it.
6. Not really. I don't cook. The only thing I make are peanut butter blossoms which are my fave. Yum!

lets do the hoothoot box this year

Processed

--------------------
| PM |
^
W
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 05:55 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 198
Member No. 2309
Joined on 28-December 16.

Characters:
Aneirin "Nirin/Nye" Vaughan, ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

Nye - I think, hands down, Nye would be perhaps a Poliwhirl. They're capable of both land and sea, and prefer water over land, which is really what Nye prefers, too. He might not be a sailor, but he definitely knows how to handle himself on the water. In non-water types, I also see Nye seeing a lot of himself in Chespin, too. Loyal and willing to fight when needed, but relatively laid back and happy to do whatever.

ArkBoaz - Despite the fact that they're not in Harperverse, I actually can see Ark being more of an Unown. These guys tend to stay in their own world and rarely venture out, which isn't similar to what Ark does, but they tend to stay very close to themselves. In large groups, they can cause a lot of damage, and when they're out of their own areas, they stick to walls and subtle places. While Ark doesn't mind being who he is, he doesn't want others to know who he is, either, and tries to morph into his own little areas as much as he can.

Nye - Nye is particularly fond of water and normal types, although I think he's starting to become a slightly ghost-focused trainer. He does quite enjoy his ghosts types!

ArkBoaz - Ark is sort of impartial to psychics, surprisingly. He enjoys the idea that they're able to communicate things with him, and they'd be a handful of great help when he's sneaking, he bets. He's also a fan of dragons - being an, ahem, unruly person himself, and fighting Pokemon.

As for me, I've always liked fire and grass Pokemon; sort of an odd mix, considering the opposites, but I've found that grass tend to be a bit more hardy and easier to come by, and fire tends to burn literally everything in its path. It's just a personal choice!

I like to build things over for the most part, but little 'minor' rewards in between while waiting is also helpful. It also really depends on the plot and the way it's going.

Nye - Nye doesn't like to fight, so he tries to negotiate as much as possible before things happen. Even in fights between friends and, for example, the Rose Bowl, he's very hesitant about actually fighting. When it comes down to it, he's a rather laid back, think out several plans type of kid, and tries to be as adaptive as possible. He likes the thrill of being able to think quickly on his feet.

ArkBoaz - Ark tends to go for a rather sneaky but aggressive mood when he battles, although it's always fair and honorable. He will watch the way his opponent fights and then use that to his advantage, often going for insane or outrageously stupid ideas. He's not really one for long, drawn out battles. He'd rather get them done sooner than later.

My own preferred is quick and easy. I'm just aggressive, with the occasional potions to last through a battle. Oops.

I think, unfortunately, I'm the one who doesn't really like the holidays at all. It's been pretty miserable and I get super miserable with family things. The best thing, I guess this year, is all the free time I have off work because in Japan, it's literally every day 8:10-4:10 without stops.

Erm, yes. During the holiday seasons we make rugelach... and mashed potato latkes. Mostly because grated potato laktes don't sit well with my dad's stomach.

Nye - Lucario Box
Nye

ArkBoaz - Rosalie box
Ark

Processed

--------------------
Aneirin "Nirin/Nye" Vaughan
profile | travels | dev | training

ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter
profile | travels | dev | training

pcr | goals | team | tracker
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Promotions | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (2) 1 2  | Closed || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.