Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 90
Ml: 45 - Fml: 44 - Oth: 1
OR - 13 | R - 16 | H - 40 | G - 21

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Summer

The onset of the Summer season has led to a swarming of Fire-, Electric-, and Bug-types, overtaking most populations in the Region. In their place, Water- and Grass-types have retreated to the shade and to cooler areas, while Ice-types have all but vanished. The rising temperatures has also led to the annual thaw of the infamously cold Istin City, though it remains the coldest.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Koro: The Next Generation, Koro breeding stuffs
Korosensei
 Posted: May 30 2017, 08:04 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Total Posts: 1393
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire | Talia

Awards: 4

Pokemon: Amarie and a wild seadra
Goals:
  • Eggs! (both in Water 1 egg group; Amarie is at full happiness and very strong)
  • Character development for Amarie
-------------

He had quite impressive scars.

It was what had drawn her to him during a long break of Alexander's, where the human had taken time to explore the Edgewood in more detail. He had camped near a stream, and Amarie, of course, took that as her new home. Kicking out the younger and weaker pokemon, she established her territory, only to be terribly shocked when he came out of nowhere.

Taller than her, bigger than her, and demanding that she get out of his stream.

She had scoffed at first, laughing at his audacity to even approach her, but that was when she saw the scars. Ridged lines throughout his body, telling her so much about so many fights he had fought and won. A particularly thick pink line running down his yellow belly looked like the slash on the hitmontop, a mark he had gotten from the ridiculously difficult battle to reclaim the shiny bird for her handler. Had this pokemon fought something like that too?

He noticed her gaze on him, and his eyes took on a proud gaze, looking over the crawdaunt's scarred carapace. She lifted her claw, showing him the deep gouge that had hurt more than anything else in her life, but he did not back down. She hopped forward, making sure the necklace she wore at all times bounced on her carapace. The seaking horn made a haunting scraping sound, but still, the seadra did not move. In a last impulse, she tried the skorupi's arm, but that only made it laugh - which made her blood boil.

She lunged for him then, but he anticipated her move, ducking under the water only to re-emerge seconds later with a powerful water-type attack at her. She retaliated in kind, the two dueling in a way she had not fought in a very long time. Briefly she thought of the dragons, of Ayla the strong and Rhiannon the proud, but this pokemon had something else entirely, something that made her blood boil... and yet, somehow, it also made her smile.

When was the last time she truly felt outmatched like this? Like she had to fight to ensure her own survival? Had it truly been since that battle against the seaking? She grinned, lunging forward again and trying to anticipate his dodge, leaping into the stream and drawing strength from the water around her. As the battle continued, her happiness grew. It was finally a chance to prove herself! She felt motivated, exhilarated, alive - even though she wasn't likely to be in the bout much longer. Not unless she fought with dirtier tactics.

Oddly enough, the Attract she threw his way didn't change much. He didn't look frazzled or worn or confused. He just looked even more determined, and charged forward at her as they continued their battle. They felt something in the water, something rushing and demanding. Amarie was not one to refuse its summons, especially not with such a pokemon before her, a pokemon who could keep her on her toes like others couldn't.

She knew there would be no trophies from this battle. But soon, she figured out there would be something far more valuable.

When the eggs were born, he was no less determined. Believing in her strength, he challenged her for them, and the two began their fight once more, dipping into the water and dodging and darting. There was something new he could aspire to, of course, but just because she had reached her final form did not mean he would allow her to behave with complacency.

It was a challenge, of course. But one day, Alexander would watch Amarie return to camp, exhausted and scarred with fresh blood dripping from wounds he didn't recognize - and something cradled in her claws.

Amarie, the seadra had learned, would never give up.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Flight
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 01:01 PM
| Quote |

Chaos Eater
Admin
Total Posts: 908
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:
Seung Han, Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Iuchra Nic Longáin

Awards: 2

You have successfully bred two eggs! They have been added to your profile.

Eggs

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Iuchra
profile & travels
-
please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 04:05 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Total Posts: 1393
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire | Talia

Awards: 4

Pokemon: Amarie and the wild seadra from the last post, who I'm naming Sears
Goals:
  • Eggs, hopefully a horsea this time
  • Character development for Amarie
  • Establishing Sears the seadra as an NPC for Amarie
-------------

They left the forest for a short time to return to the Rose Bowl central camp, with the hopes of advancing in the tournament. The crawdaunt held her head up high, clacked her pincers confidently. She knew they had lost the actual fight, but sometimes, there was a rare exception in which strength was valued and allowed to continue even after a losing fight. She held the skorupi's arm close to her as Alexander recalled her, preparing for the journey.

The Amarie who came back to the Edgewood was a very different one from the one who left.

There was no hope in this one's eyes. It was her second try, her second year in a row that she herself had brought her team down. No matter how hard she trained, no matter how hard she tried, she seemed to be the weak link in her team. One year was a fluke. Two years could only be explained in that way.

Something felt different as she traversed the paths her handler made and settled down near his tent. She felt no inclination to explore, and the sound of the rushing stream was no longer a call to adventure.

She hated to feel that way. Even in her funk, she knew she had to come back. She couldn't mope forever - the dragons would laugh at her. Alexander would understand, but he would pity her, and any crawdaunt worth its pincers would rather die than be pitied. And yet she had lost, she had failed... but not in the stream. In the rushing waters, she had felt so alive. She had fought, and she had won.

As she dared to scuttle over, she remembered him, the scars, the brutality with which they had fought. The two eggs she had taken with her, twins in all but name, cold and slippery and waiting to hatch out of their eggs. She could only wonder if they would resemble her or the majestic beast she had mated with.

Ayla had scoffed at her when she brought the eggs back, bleeding from her own battle to take them as her own. And she had defended them fiercely, shielding them with her body at the mere thought of the haxorus' blades getting anywhere near the flimsy eggshell surface. That had surprised the haxorus, who declared that it was not worth her time and retreated, scoffing at how "soft" Amarie had gotten.

The crawdaunt had laughed. Now, she tried to remember that defensiveness, that eagerness to take what was hers and keep it safe. She enjoyed the way the smaller fish moved out of her section of the stream as soon as she dipped a single claw in the water, watching it lap at the old scars from another battle she had lost. For the first time, she looked down at her trophies and doubted even them. Were her scars and trophies symbols of loss, rather than victory?

She was distracted from her thoughts by a jet of water aimed at her pincer. It was not meant to injure - there was some force behind it, but not enough to sweep her off her feet. A challenge, then. She looked up and saw him skimming the surface of the water, using Water Gun to keep himself afloat. Dripping with water droplets that shimmered in the sunlight streaming down from the canopy of trees, he was a vision of loveliness, something that could distract her from the thoughts nagging at her mind. If this gorgeous creature thought she was worthy, and without an Attract, then she would sink her teeth into that distraction with everything in her.

It worked, for a short while. She tried to forget about the handler who brought her food and left her with the seadra. She tried to ignore the way he was training a new pokemon, a small meditite with a missing eye and lopsided legs, and the way he was allowing the mr. mime who was equally as scary as Amarie herself to tend the young one. She slept fitfully, thinking of the meditite more than she would ever admit. How the mime was training him ever so kindly, teaching him how to be strong in his own element. Could she do the same? Was it possible, considering the raw truth that she could not hide from forever?

She had lost. She knew this the previous time she saw her seadra, yes, but whereas the individual battle's loss fueled her anger then, the loss of Alexander's place in the Rose Bowl made her feel despondent. Unworthy of such a strong creature. Unworthy of any new eggs resting in the damp mud, waiting for her.

"Is something the matter?" he asked her, his long tail unfurled and dipped in the water to help him wake up. She opened an eye and noticed it was morning, a new day creeping in on the forest. Time seemed to move so slowly there, she thought as she looked over at him.

There was the pity she loathed. Resting her head on her pincers in an uncharacteristically lazy pose, she replied: "Nothing."

"Then spar with me, fight for these new ones as we fought for our first two," he said, nudging her when she failed to stand up. "Will you not fight me?"

The ugly truth sat there. It had festered in her mind for so long, growing and mutating until it had taken her away from this small joy she had allowed herself. "I will fight, but not for the babies." She didn't even look over in the mud, willing herself to pretend there was nothing there at all.

"Do you not want them?"

"I want them," Amarie grumbled. "But... you are stronger than me. They deserve strength, protection."

"You fought me for our first two," he said, a slight tone of surprise in his voice.

"I lost twice - against the smallest of enemies. A frillish, not even evolved, and a cyndaquil, a fire-type," she admitted, not meeting him in the eyes. He didn't deserve a mate as weak as her. "If those can beat me, what hope can our babies have of surviving, of becoming strong?"

"And you think they would be strong with me?"

"You're strong. You have this area of the stream for yourself, and you could make a safe haven for our babies."

"That's not what my handler said when he threw me away." The confession surprised Amarie, and she looked over at him to find his expression impassive, nearly blank. Almost as if he had feelings at one point, but pushed them so far down that he sounded nearly robotic when he explained. "I was born to him, and he called me Sears. But he wasn't proud of these scars. Each one was a loss, a strike against my place on the team. One day he simply left me here and smashed the ball."

Amarie nodded, not entirely knowing what to do - but knowing that if he was anything like her at all, he would not want her pity or consolation. "He made a mistake."

"Did he? I lost battle after battle, and I needed time to get my strength back again."

He looked over at her, nodding his head. Was he trying to tell her it was the same in her situation? "Alexander hasn't been here in two days. He's training new pokemon. He has a mr. mime who can beat anything and a pair of dragons. What does he need me for?"

The seadra - Sears - shook his head. "Your handler knows you are with me. He watches you in the night, he brings you food. What more can you ask of him without anything in return? Amarie stayed silent. "If he wanted to leave you, he would have left already. What would you think if he left?"

"That he was a coward who never meant a single word he said."

"Is that what I would tell our babies if you left now? That you were too afraid of yourself to try?"

"And if I lose?"

"Then you keep going. Again, and again, and again. Never stop. If you had stopped before, would you have the strength you do now?"

"Are you trying to get me to fight you again?" Amarie asked.

"Quilladin can live without an ear, and skorupi can live without an arm, but seaking cannot live without a horn, and our babies cannot live without someone teaching them how to do things right."

"You think that of me?" For an instant, as she looked at the seadra, she thought she saw something in his eyes, something fierce and possessive and strong, and yet kind and considerate. He did not see her with pity, but he saw her potential, something she couldn't see in herself. Was this the feeling that Attract mimicked? Was this what she had looked for?

If it was, she wouldn't find it to her satisfaction by sitting down. She propped herself up on her pincers and stood, a slight smile turning into an outright grin as she faced him.

She didn't expect the fire in his eyes, the glint as he silently challenged her for their new family.

Nor could she have prepared for her own reaction, a series of small shimmering red lights coming out of her pincers. Trump Cards, her favorite sort of challenge. An attack unique to her, but one that she could pass on to her babies. A strong move after practice, after multiple uses that looked like weak failures. A good lesson for a baby - and one that she planned to teach the new little one or ones, she thought as she dared to look over at the mud.

When she returned to Alexander, she would bear her prize proudly, the shame not entirely gone from her eyes, but a building fire inside her had overcome it, and she would not let it get between her and her babies.

--------------------

user posted image

The Stonehearted Lady

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Chase
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 06:02 PM
| Quote |

I know nothing
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 718
Member No. 815
Joined on 20-January 13.

Characters:
Johann Schnee | Chase Redwood (Retired) | Oliver Spearow (Retired)

Awards: 2

You have successfully bred two eggs! Unfortunately, Sears stole one of your eggs (a corphish egg), so you are left with one.

Egg

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.