Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Jonna Shipston's Travels, Mindir
Leza
 Posted: Jun 17 2013, 01:35 AM
| Quote |

[♠]
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 1381
Member No. 35
Joined on 21-September 11.

Characters:
Teleza (Leza) Kafele, Hyacinthe

Awards: 1

Welcome to Harper! Remember to keep an egg count in each post and to let us know in the Update Requests thread once you've replied. Have fun!

Prologue

The sun shone brightly over the desolate land Jonna travelled through, making the day warmer as the hours passed. The sky was a pure blue, without a single puffy white cloud to block the sun for even a moment, and the teen soon noticed that the wind seemed to be absent today as well. What was rather uncomfortable weather to the human was ideal for her new partner, the growlithe. If Jonna chose to release the canine as she walked, Fay found herself feeling invigorated by the heat and was thus more energetic than usual.

Despite the first few hours of her journey being rather quiet, there was still plenty to look at and do for someone who had never been far outside of her village. Jonna saw the great expanse of the desert than made up much of the centre of the Harper region; the vast seas of golden sand seemed to extend as far as they eye could see in all directions, broken up only by the occasional patch of grass or gnarled and sand-beaten tree. There were few pokemon, and most of them kept their distance from the handler. A rufflet took off from its perch as the handler walked by, and a few minutes further along the path, a sandshrew hurried to burrow herself underground.

There were a few pokemon that didn’t shy away from the girl however, and she had the choice to ask the energetic puppy at her feet to battle if she wished, or perhaps she could try to befriend one of the pokemon if that was more her style. A spinarak watched Jonna pass by with curiosity from his perch from a web in one of the trees, though he flinched away from Fay when she glanced his way. Some distance away, a magby peeked at them from behind a rock, while a spearow flew by, keeping close to the ground. If none of these pokemon interested the young handler, she could continue on or search for something in particular – there was still plenty of desert before she reached the next city.

--------------------
signature
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Jun 21 2013, 04:33 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 767
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:
Jonna Shipston, Brenda Shiell, Yngve Tessel

Awards: 5

[egg count: 1]

With a last glance at her old home, Jonna started walking to her only known safe place, besides New Gladestead: Rocky Hideout. It was a cluster of large rocks where the youngsters were sent, when they needed to get out of town.
The day was warm and sunny without any wind to cool her down. Therefore Jonna soon began to sweat, and the heavy bag and mail-shirt didn't make it any better. "What have they put in my bag? Stone?" She thought while breathing heavily and leaned to her staff which also would be her weapon.
Jonna was tempted to stop and take the mail off, or just to sit down for a few minutes, as her legs had become sore already, but she did not dare to. She was all too scared and nervous about being all by herself, with no one to protect her except her staff and a unknown Pokemon. When she reached the safety of the rocks she would meet her new partner, and find out what to do and where to go.
On the way she thought of what Pokemon they maybe had given her, since there weren't many options. "I don't think they have given me any of the tauros or the miltanks, they are way too important, and I don't hope it is Bouffalant which is in the ball" she thought nervous and put her hand in the pocket hidden in her dress, where she kept the occupied pokeball. The smooth surface against her hand didn't calm her down, since she was afraid of the tough, afro-haired pokemon. There was only a few, who could control this wild charging four legged fiend, and even The Guardians had turned down the thought of taking it with them. "The only reason it hasn't gone wrong until now, is because of herdiers and growlithes, and Uncle's rare poochyena," she thought with a shiver. The only ones Jonna had yet to count, was the flock of mareeps, the chief's stoutland, and a mischievous mankey.
The cows and the sheeps was too valuable to give out, and the dogs kept the flocks in line, so Jonna didn't expect to get any of those. She dreamt of getting the stoutland, but knew it was the pride of village and the only time The Elders had worked against their protectors, was when they were asked to give it to The Lord. As Jonna staggered the last few steps to the rock formations, she settled by that it probably was the Mankey.

Well inside the cool shadow and safety of the rocks, Jonna let her bag dump down on the ground, before she placed herself beside it. "That is heavy! How much have they put in it?" She thought with a smile, while it was heavy to carry she didn't mind since she had never been this rich before. She quickly decided to check her new belongings before meeting her new partner. She gasped when she opened her bag and spotted the egg. "And egg?! is that my food?" She thought confused and checked the bottom of the bag, where she found both food rations and a water sack, among the other stuff she had been given. In better times eggs had been a part of their meals, but as the pokemon got fewer, all eggs were hatched to increase the number. When Jonna held the egg towards the light, she could see the shadow from the living creature inside, and that made it clear, this egg wasn't supposed to be eaten!
Jonna guessed she had enough food to a couple of days, depending on how much her pokemon would eat, speaking of it, it was time to say hello. After some few gulps of water she found the pokeball and called out the monster from inside, and a little orange pokemon with black stripes appeared in front of her. "Fay! It is really you?" She exclaimed happily as she recognized the old growlithe. Fay barked happily and soon jumped around in excitement, not bothered by the warm weather, and not at all acting like she was in her twilight years. Fay had always been her father's favorite and had been used as hunting and guarding, and she had also been mother of several clutches. Jonnas was relived as she had only heard good things about Fay, and she knew Fay was obedient, experienced and a reliable pokemon.

After checking her new map, she decided to go to the nearest town where she guessed there would be a great chance to find someone who had a job for her. "Come on Fay, let us go," Jonna called as the canine hesitated and looked towards New Gladestead, and it took some persuasion to get her to follow on the way more or less south. As soon they were on the way, Fay jumped from place to place chasing passing pokemon and digging her nose into everything she found interesting. Jonna trudged after her, and wondered from where she got all that energy.
Fay jumped up a dead tree and barked at a rufflet who flew away, and soon after she tried to dig out a sandshrew which had disappeared under ground. She used her playful behavior to hide that she tried to chase off all pokemon which could be a threat to her new handler, and that meant every single one of them. Fay kept a close eye on the spearow, but as it didn't seem to do anything else than passing by, she didn't jumped after it. A spinarak didn't move though, and Fay found it to be too close to Jonna, so she started towards it with a wagging tail, a loud bark, and a dangerous twinkle in her eyes.
"Fay, stop!" Jonna shouted and the canine dug her paws in the ground and hurled a lot of dust up in her attempt to slow down. She turned her head to Jonna with a surprised look, "Gorf?" She barked the question.
"I want to see if I can get it to join us, I think it could be really useful with its spin." Jonna said and put her bag down before moving slowly towards the spinarak. Fay sat down and watched the spinarak closely with a friendly tail wagging, ready to attack, if it showed any signs of aggression. She occasionally looked towards a nearby rock to make sure, the pokemon hiding there didn't attack either. Jonna hadn't discovered the magby and kneeled before the spinarak, so it was easier to talk to it. She wasn't sure of how it would be best to convince the green pokemon to join her small team, but she thought of battling it, if it wasn't enough just to talk.
"Hello there" she said and trailed off, what should she say? She decided just to say it as it was, and hope for the best, "I want to hear if you would like to join us, as I'm sure your incredible skills with webs would be really useful." She made a gesture towards its web, before continued. "I'm Jonna by the way, and this is Fay. We have just started our travel, and we want to help our home village which is in trouble. I do not yet know, what we will encounter of people and pokemon, but I know you could make a huge different." She told it and looked towards her bag, perhaps there was something she could use to make it friendly towards her? Though she didn't knew much about spinarak and didn't know what to give it.

occ: sorry for the length, but I just got so many ideas for the background http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/20.png The next ones will probably be more "normal".

Edit: is this a better blue? http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/30.png

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Meesh
 Posted: Jul 4 2013, 04:47 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 770
Member No. 772
Joined on 2-January 13.

Characters:
Silva Adalinda

Awards: 3

(+0.6 exp for the post. Lovely writing)

The Magby gave a startled squeak as Jonna and Fay approached, thinking that they were coming to talk to her. As Fay neared her rock, the tiny fire pokemon puffed out a cloud of smoke in alarm and turned, scampering off into the distance. The Magby looked young and was running clumsily, with an air of inexperience, so if Fay or Jonna wanted to chase her down, they probably could without any difficulty.

In the meanwhile, though, their concentration was on the Spinarak. The bug pokemon stared at Jonna blankly, slowly clacking its pinchers. The "face" of spots on its back was completely neutral, not revealing any of its emotions in the slightest. Perhaps it didn't understand here? Some pokemon were less intelligent than others, and it was altogether possible that while Fay seemed to understand Jonna's words, this Spinarak might be having more trouble.

Eventually, however, it gave a meep and started moving, scuttling to the ground form its web-perch on the tree and crawling on over to Jonna, slowly beginning to crawl up her leg. When it reached her shoulder, it meeped again, seemingly satisfied. It seemed like Jonna and Fay had found themselves a new teammate.

"Oh, you, are you a handler?" the voice came from behind Jonna. Unnoticed by the handler or her pokemon, a man on a cart pulled by two Tauros had driven by. Now the man was climbing off of his cart and hurrying towards Jonna in worry. Worry showed in the lines on his face "I'm sorry to be a bother, but this does mean you have experience with handling pokemon, right? I need some help" as the man finished talking, Jonna could hear a commotion coming from his cart. Hisses and growls issued from the back of the cart, accompanied by long bursts of meowing and yelps of anger.

Upon closer inspection, Jonna could make out what looked like a Shinx wrapped in blankets in the back of the cart. The blankets seemed to be wrapped tightly around it, constricting its movements without actually hurting it. As it saw Jonna, it spat in her direction and hissed warningly.

"I'm just not sure what to do with it" Exasperation began to tinge the man's voice. "It's just been hanging around the house recently, trying to hunt down some of our pokemon and stealing from our kitchens. I need to getrid fo it but I don't want to kill it, just get it far, far away" The shinx was glaring at Jonna the whole time. If looks could kill....

New pokemon get!

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/167spinarak.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Spinarak

Lv. 04 Exp: 0/4
Friendliness: {||||||||||}
Original Handler: Jonna Shipston ( Mindir)
Held Item: ---
Health & Condition: Fine
Abilities:
Swarm: When HP is below 1/3rd, Bug’s power increases to 1.5 times.
Insomnia: The Pokémon cannot be under the SLEEP condition while having this ability.
Moves: [ primary / secondary ]
Poison Sting, String Shot, Pursuit [Egg], Rage Powder [Egg] Struggle Bug, X-scissor
Notes:
Caught on Route 3

-----

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/403shinx.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif lvl 5
~Glaring at Jonna and hating the world

--------------------

Silva Adalinda

Drekar Shiroma
| PM || Email |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Jul 11 2013, 12:04 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

(Egg count: 2)

Jonna didn't dare to move as the spinarak started to crawl up on her, and as both she and Fay had all their attention to spinarak, none of them saw the magby make a run for it.
As spinarak started to make its way to her shoulder, she could barely hold its weight, and she soon had to put her hands on the ground, to keep herself from falling over. "This is a good thing, right?" She thought nervously and looked at Fay who didn't show any sign of aggression, which made Jonna relax so she almost lost her balance. She ended on all four, and didn't knew what to do know, "How am I going to catch it? I can't reach a pokeball, I can't even move my hands so I can get it down!" Jonna thought and considered how she could get Fay to get it down, without chasing it away.

Suddenly there was someone who talked to her, and she made a startled sound, as she and spinarak tumbled to the ground. Fay spun around and gave the newcomer a warning bark and a low growl, which was mostly to herself since she had let her guard down.
Jonna quickly turned and got to her feet, looking shy at whoever had talked to her. "Well, I think you can call me a handler yes," she answered hesitant, though she didn't look like a skilled one, since she didn't think of brushing some of the dirt of her, and both she and spinarak was covered in dust. "A handler, yes I'm a handler!" she thought, and tried to get use to the thought, and all what she thought it meant.
She looked curiously at him, and then looked nervous to her bag, which was behind him. She need to get to it to get a pokeball to spinarak, and to protect all her belongings. The man didn't seem threatening, and Fay had stopped growling long time ago, so Jonna decided to introduce herself, and thereafter go get the bag.

She held her hand out to give a handshake as she said: "I am Jonna, Sir. And though I am a handler, I am unfortunately not a very skilled one yet. But I will see what I can do to help you." She was very polite, as she didn't know where the man was in society, and she wasn't sure of how to address him. But since his clothes was better than hers, and the cart didn't look battered, she was sure he was above her anyway.

While listening to his story, she retrieved to her bag, and checked the egg, before she found an empty pokeball to use on spinarak. "I need to find it a name " she told herself, but she couldn't concentrate about it now, as she was way to curious about what was in the cart. She was quick about tapping the pokeball on spinarak, as she reached it, it had just turned around, and as soon it was in, she put it in her secret pocket. Jonna hadn't caught Pokemon before, and therefore she didn't knew the Pokemon could break free. If she had knew she wouldn't had dared to put it there as her dress could be destroyed if it jumped out. Luckily it stayed inside, and Jonna kept her dress.

"Fay, go and calm down our little friend," she asked her growlithe, who jumped in the cart with a affirmative bark, and froze as she saw the wrapped pokemons stare. She stood completely still and only showed her teeth in a silent growl, as this Pokemon clearly was a huge threat to her young handler.

"If you need to get rid of it Sir, I think it would be best if I try to catch it," she said, and walked back to his cart, and climbed up to Fay. How hard could it be? She has just talked a spinarak to join her so a misunderstood and probably weak and hungry Pokemon shouldn't be any problem at all. Jonna felt more and more secure about she could convince this one to join her too, since it had been so easy with the spinarak.
She looked surprised at the shinx, as it looked like it would kill her if it could, and she frowned of the cloth it was wrapped in. "How had he..? she thought, then discovered Fay's reaction to the shinx, and gave her canine a soft slap on the shoulder. "Cut it out Fay, what are you doing?" she reprimanded her, and the growlithe waked up from her trance, with a silly bark, her tongue out of her mouth. She wagged her tail to win back Jonnas favor and whined to say she was sorry.
Both Pokemon and handler turned their attention to the shinx. Fay now wagged her tail and barked friendly to the cat electric Pokemon, though she stilled was really wary about it, since who knew what it would do?
Jonna was a lot more relaxed, as she was still convinced it had had a tough life, and only was angry because it was unable to move, and therefore scared of what would happen to it.
"Hello, I am Jonna, and this is Fay, we are traveling to help our village" Jonna started to greet the blue Pokemon, before she continued. She had decided to do as with spinarak, and just tell it, how it was. "You look like you have had a tough life, and unfortunately you have made some troubles to someone. Unfortunately I'm afraid they are going to hurt you, if they get too frustrated, so I would like to help you, if you will let me. Are you hungry?" She asked and put her bag beside her and looked through it to find something edible. At last she found the packs of travel rations, which were mashed, dried food from her village. It was what they eat all winter, and had with them on travels, as it was almost impossible to get ruined. She held some of it towards shinx, to see if it was interested. Fay's attention immediately turned from the shinx to the pack in Jonnas hand, she licked her lips and looked hopefully at her handler.

While Jonna waited to see what shinx would do, she asked the man some questions. "Is there anything you can tell me about it, Sir? Like how it looks under the cloth, is it thin? And how did you manage to get it wrapped up so tightly?" Jonna had thought about the last thing, from the first time she had seen the Pokemon in the cart, as is couldn't possible had been easy to caught it in that manner, and she couldn't understand why he hadn't just caught it in a pokeball.

(-1 pokeball)

(ooc: can I still give spinarak a name? If so, I would like it to be called Sabri)

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Jul 15 2013, 09:35 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 860
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

[Jonna gains 0.7 experience and her Spinarak has been named 'Sabri'.]

The Shinx fixed his dark yellow eyes on Jonna as she spoke and his ears twitched, although it was unclear it he understood what she was saying. He still struggled against the blankets, but it seemed to be a reflex more than anything - he went still when she held the food in front of him. Then he lunged forward, his mouth opening to show sharp little white fangs and a red tongue. He bit down on the food in Jonna's hand, devouring it as fast as he could. Even if she got her fingers out of the way quickly they would be bleeding a little. If she didn't get them out of the way, his teeth could bite down to her bones.

The man who owned the cart ran his hand over his short hair, his eyes focused on the horizon. He had a few faint wrinkles in his face, but his dark brown eyes had a lively glint and most of his chocolate brown skin was smooth. His clothes had no holes, but they were in a simple style and made out of plain cloth.

"Oh, it's skin and bones and as dirty as mud," he said lowly, "That's why I couldn't think of killing it. If you're asking about whether it wants food, it's always hungry. That's how I caught it, actually, I just left out some food with a bit of wine in it and then when it fell asleep, it was sleeping too deeply to fight. I wrapped it up and took it with me on my trip, hoping to find someone who could handle it. And....my name's Gilqe Fold. It's good to meet you, Jonna and Fay."

As he talked, the man kept glancing over at the Shinx, his lips twitching up at the corners. The pokemon had finished eating and was sniffing the air as though hoping for more food. When no more food immediately appeared, he started struggling against the blankets again. The pure fury in his gaze had faded a little, though, to be replaced with a fierce wildness. There was a faint ripping sound as he strained against the blankets, but it didn't free him and he growled loudly, his eyes fixed on the open desert behind Jonna and Fay.

"Look, I'm on my way to Little Marchton," he said after a few moments had passed, "It wouldn't look good if I was late. How about you tag along with me, try to calm it down a little more? I can leave it here with you, but I would rather you came with me."

He studied her for a moment, his eyes soft.

"You could eat meals with me, for helping me out with this problem. I've got dried fish and some herbs. Taste pretty good in a stew. And there's berry bread for when we can't eat stew."

[If Jonna decides to go with Gilqe, she may role play the journey. It would take about three days and he would feed her what he said he would. Jonna's time would be mostly spent with the Shinx. The Shinx's behaviour wouldn't change much, so that his feelings towards Jonna would be decided in the next mod post.]

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Jul 21 2013, 04:44 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

(Egg count:3)

Jonna pulled her hand away as fast as she could, but not fast enough and the shinxs teeth made some long scratches along her palm. "Auch" Jonna exclaimed and Fay, which eyes had been fixed on the food, turned confused to see why her handler was wincing. As she saw the scratches she began to growl angrily, while she looked around in an attempt to find the attacker.
Jonna inspected her palm more closely and felt relived as the wounds didn't looked to be much more than superficial, She didn't knew the location of them would be a problem, since they lay right over some of the most moved part of the hand, which would made it difficult to heal, as they wouldn't get the time to close properly. It didn't help either that the hand was so dirty, and it was hard for her to assess where the wounds actually was.
Jonna wasn't familiar with this types of wounds, and the most common in New Gladestead was broken limbs, deep cuts from tools and degenerative joint disease, though she hadn't any experience with any wounds actually, since she hadn't been taught how to heal any.

Gilqe didn't react at the incident, and Jonna wasn't sure if it was because he hadn't seen it, or if it was nothing special and her own fault that she had been scratched, so she didn't say anything about it either.
Jonna listened to Gilqes explanation and pettet Fay absently, while nodded in agreement, since it made sence to her. "It should be possible to get its trust with help of food, but I think it will take some time," she thought and wondered how long it would take, and if she had enough rations to wait for it here. As an answer to her prayer, though she didn't pray just wondered, Gilqe asked if she wanted to come along to a place called "Little Marchton". The surprised expression she sent him soon turned to pure relief and joy, and she answered him happily: "That would be wonderful Sir, I would love to join you." "It would give me some time, and I even get to a town," she thought and became excited about the thought of going to such a big place, as she had heard a lot of stories about it. It was a perfect solution for her, as she needed to go to a town, to find a job to earn money to her village.
She quickly gathered her bag and made herself comfortable behind the frontseat, as she didn't want to him to be uncomfortable with her too close, since most guardians tried to keep a distance when they had visited her village. She didn't know though, it was because she smelled bad and she needed a long bath. The other reason for her to sit in the bag, was so she could spent some time with the shinx.

As the cart continued on its travel, the course was the opposite of what Jonna and Fay had walked just a moment before, and Fay knew it! She sat down on the seat, and didn't move an inch the whole first day, her eyes glued to where New Gladestead should be. They actually got so close, they could see it in the horizone, which made Fay whining and she turned her head and looked pleadingly at Jonna, since she clearly wanted to go home. Every time it happened, Jonna had to say no and the growlithe sat down motionless again, her muscles twinkling by her great desire.
Jonna had Gilqe to tell about Little Marchton, but she didn't ask him about what he should do there, as it maybe wasn't any of her bussiness, and she wouldn't take the risk of making him annoyed.
After a while, it began to be quite warm to sit in the cart, and Jonna got a really dry throat. "Funny to be more thirsty by sitting still, than walking around," she thought, as she found her water skin, which made both Fay and the shinx stare at it. With a smile she asked Gilqe if he had a bowl, and she soon gave first Fay and thereafter shinx something to drink. It was a little tricky with shinx as it was tied up, but she managed to get it more upright without getting too close to its teeths. She grabbed some of the blanket it was tied in, and pulled it up so it could drink, before slowly laying it down again. She found an unused piece of cloth, which she tried to make some shade with, which didn't went very well, as she didn't have anything she could tie it up with. She called out her spinarak, and tried to get it to help her, by using its sticky thread to tie some of the cloth, the only reaction she got was its crawling under the seat to get away from the sun.
At last Jonna found a solution, and she bind the cloth to her staff, and held it in place as she sat beside shinx in the shade.

Day two looked a lot like the first one, with Fay more relaxed and Jonna mumbling friendly to shinx as the only differences, she was rather hoarse in the following evening. Jonna spent the day listening to Gilqe and feeding shinx little by little with the leftovers from the dinner Gilqes had made in the evening day one. Jonna remembered how ill she had been, when she had stuffed herself to one of the few parties for The Harper she had experienced, so she was very careful not to course the shinx any discomfort, thought it didn't looked to agree with her.
Jonna had also decided to call the spinarak Sabri, as it clearly had a lot of patience, and used most of its time just to observe. It also started on a web to catch pray in the night, which didn't seem to please Gilqe.

Day three Jonna couldn't keep herself from petting shinx a little, as she felt sorry for it, but only on its bag end, as she was afraid it would bite her, if she got to close to its mouth.
In the late afternoon Gilqe told her Little Marchton was in sight, and he stopped the cart. Jonna had asked him to do it, as she wanted to take the decision about the shinx before she got into town. First of all because the shinx could make a havoc if she released it inside the town, but definitely also because she wanted to see it, which would be difficult if she had to take care of the shinx.
Gilqe helped her carry the shinx out of the wagon, and stepped back in a safe distance, before Jonna sat down before it, Fay at her side. She had thought of having Sabri ready to use it's string shot to keep shinx from escaping, but as she hadn't got any real reaction from it, she didn't thought it could work.
"Well, it is now or never", she told it with a smile, "I'm going to release you from this now, and I really hope you would like to join me and Fay, and Sabri. I'll make sure to feed you well!" She promised it, with Fay giving a happy bark. Then they both tensed, ready to jump, as Jonna cut off the blanket that had held shinx caught.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Leza
 Posted: Jul 28 2013, 08:49 PM
| Quote |

[♠]
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 1381
Member No. 35
Joined on 21-September 11.

Characters:
Teleza (Leza) Kafele, Hyacinthe

Awards: 1

The cart moved easily along the path, with Gilqe only occasionally needing to give the reins a flick to keep the pair of tauros from becoming distracted. Not that there was much to be distracted by; other than the occasional pokemon or traveller, there were not many interesting things to be seen. The farms they passed quickly became boring, and the forested areas and fields in between didn’t have much to offer in terms of entertainment, either. Gilqe made polite conversation with Jonna every so often and was glad to answer any of her questions, but for the most part, he kept his eyes on the road, perhaps not wanting to disturb Jonna in her attempts to calm the shinx.

”Oh? You’ve never been to Little Marchton?” Gilqe asked, genuinely surprised, in response to Jonna’s question as he scratched the stubble on his chin. ”It’s a tiny port village, used mainly for shipping and fishing; not many people live there other than the fishermen and their families. Little Marchton isn’t really a city in itself… it’s more of a suburb of Marchton City – you have heard of Marchton, haven’t you? - even though it’s a fair distance away. I was on my way there to pick up a shipment, myself. If you’re looking for work, I’m sure I could arrange something with one of my connections down there. They’re always offering a good amount of coin for a handler to help fend off pirates and wild pokemon at sea.” He turned back to smile at the girl. ”No rush, though – think it over and let me know when we arrive in Little Marchton.”

Luckily for the travellers, the weather remained fair throughout their travels, even if it was a little hot at times. The semi-roofed cart provided some shade, but Gilqe made sure to show Jonna where he had packed several water skins as well. ”Don’t be afraid to use as much as you need, Jonna” He reminded her with a smile, before taking a swig from his own. He also provided a wooden bowl that the handler was able to use to give water to both her own pokemon and the shinx, who was very gradually becoming less vicious toward the young girl. While he was still not what one could call ‘friendly’, the electric-type did not thrash out at Jonna’s hand anymore when she offered him food or water. Attempts to pat him or come near were met with a warning growl, but he was restrained well enough that she would be safe as long as she stayed away from his teeth.

Soon, the warm late afternoon of their third day of travel arrived, marked by Gilqe’s excited announcement that Little Marchton was visible on the horizon. Instead of pulling into the city, however, Gilqe stopped the cart. ”I can’t have that little monster causing trouble in the city, where he might harm someone or cause damage. If you’ve managed to calm him enough to capture, please do so now… ‘Else I’ll have to set him free to live in the woods here. I’d rather not, lest the same thing that happened to me happens to someone else, but there isn’t really much choice now.” His voice was serious, and he looked at the shinx regretfully as he helped Jonna carry him out of the cart. The shinx growled angrily when the two humans touched him, but he was unable to do anything other than gnash his teeth ineffectively. While Jonna set about dealing with the angry little electric-type, Gilqe began removing the webs that Sabri had left behind on the cart.

The shinx listened to Jonna’s words with wide, cautious golden eyes, but it was hard to tell if the pokemon understood what she said. When the blanket was removed, he seemed quite surprised to be free, but survival instinct kicked in, and only seconds later the little electric-type had hurried to the relative safety of underneath the wagon. He peered out a Jonna and Fay with uncertainty, listening to the growlithe’s barks with interest. While he may not fully understand Jonna’s human language, it seemed that Fay was able to communicate the handler’s good will and honesty to the shinx. Still wary, he inched out from his hiding place, sniffing at Jonna with curiosity.

After shooting Gilqe a mistrustful glare, the shinx (who was truly as thin and scruffy as Gilqe had said) inched closer to Jonna, stopping to sit down just out of arms reach. He stared up at her face for several minutes, trying to decide whether he should go with her, or scamper off into the darkness of the trees. Finally, he ended the tense silence with a huff and took another step toward the handler, as if saying ’Fine, I’ll come with you, but I’m not happy about it.’ It seemed that whatever Fay had said to the shinx had worked – now all Jonna had to do was capture the electric-type, and she would find herself with her third teammate.

Once the shinx had been captured, Gilqe approached Jonna, clapping in surprise. ”I’m not sure how you managed that, but I give you many thanks for getting that shinx out of my hair. He might be a bit of a pain to train at first, but I have no doubts that you will succeed now.” The man seemed to be truly surprised that Jonna had managed to tame the electric-type enough to capture him, but was also glad to be able to get on with whatever business he had in Little Marchton. ”Now that that’s dealt with, would you like a ride into the city? My offer to find you a job still stands if you’re interested!”

Jonna gains .6exp for the last post, and an additional 1.5 exp for her interaction with the shinx!

- (1) pokeball

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/403shinx.png
Shinx has been captured! You may give him a nickname if you wish.

--------------------
signature
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Jul 31 2013, 04:54 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

(Egg count: 4)
(Shinx is going to be called Ori)

Jonna enjoyed the slow travel, and compared the farmland they passed with the one New Gladestead, her homevillage had. Much of what she saw was more fertile than at home, but she saw some pokemon who sprayed water on the fields, which explained it to her. The sight made her more determent to help her village get rid of its debt to The Lord.

As Gilqe asked her if she had been in Little Marchton she shook her head before realising, he couldn't see her as she sat in the back. "No Sir, I haven't been outside my village at all," she explained and throw a little "yes Sir" as an answer to if she had heard about the big version of Marchton. She had heard a lot of stories about the two Marchtons, but she mixed them together and couldn't tell which were which.
When Gilqe offered to find her a job, Jonna turned from looking after a family slowly traveling the opposite direction of Gilqe and Jonna herself, to look surprised at his back. He turned to look at her, and she sent him a perplexed smile without answering him.
It was tempting, really tempting, as Jonna had never seen the ocean and the stories she had heard about sailing felt just as amazing as the legend about the Harper! The problem was Fay, as she with her skills of fire, didn't coup well with water, and on a boat there were a lot of water. "It could be fantastic to see the sea and try to sail, but if Fay cannot fight because of the water, then how much could we do if attacked?" She thought and shivered by the thought of fighting big scary men all by herself. Of course there would probably be others who would fight too, and she had Sabri, though right now she didn't believe he would do much difference as she couldn't get through to him. She used the rest of the travel time to think about the offer while she was talking to the shinx, much of the time she talked about it with it, but she didn't get any closer to an answer.

When Gilqe stopped the cart in the third day, Jonna stood up in the cart to try get a glimpse of the little port, and waved her hand as her palm had began to hurt a lot. It had started to smell bad too.
Before Jonna started her speech to the shinx, she tried to reassure Gilqe. "Oh, but Sir. I didn't think of letting it loose, as it will surely get into trouble again since it is so hungry! I will let Fay battle it if necessary, but I rather it just joined us by free." She told him as she wanted to avoid damaging the skinny shinx.

Jonna cut the last of the blanket away, as best as she could with her bad hand and sat back on her heals, ready for anything. The shinx seemed surprised as it slowly got to its feet while it checked it really was not tied up anymore. Then it jumped and Jonna staggered backwards as the shinx rushed past her to hide under the wagon. Fay had jumped in front of Jonna with a growl to protect her, though the shinx didn't payed attention to her, and the canine soon spun around to chase down the shinx. Fay dug her heels into the dirt as she realised the shinx only ran to the cart, and she turned to look questioningly at Jonna, what she should do now. "Slowly Fay, we don't want to scare it, just sit still and I'll come over to you," Jonna told her in a low voice and started to move reeeaally slowly towards Fay and the hiding shinx. Fay cocked her head as she wondered what her handler was doing.
"Hello Shinx, have you decided what to do?If you'll join us, I'll get you a nice big meal!" She promised in a friendly voice as the shinx looked nervouse at them. "Go tell it, Fay," she whispered to her canine who started to wag her tail and barked what she had understood of Jonnas speeches. "She wants you to join us and she will feed us. She is a kind handler and she is definitely better than the other options," Fay barked a translation she found a little strange herself, as she only understood some of what her handler had said. "I'll warn you though, if you hurt her I will let you pay!" she said at last, still wagging her tail friendly but with a dangerous glimpse in her eye.
Shinx looked like it concidered and slowly moved towards Jonna and sat down a few steps from her. Jonna slowly put her left hand into the folds of her dress and took out an empty pokeball, which she helds towards it. She was very proud she had remembered to have one ready if she was successful in convincing the shinx, which it looked like she was. As it hesitated Jonna worried if she should have had some food ready too.
Fay made a final bark, "If you don't, we battle you anyway", which made the shinx do an annoyed grimace to the growlithe before hitting the pokeball with a paw and it disappeared inside. This time Jonna noticed the ball rolled back and forth before finally laying still in her hand, she wondered about this for a moment before letting it go.

Now as the shinx was safely stored away, Gilqe approached Jonna and started to praise her, which made Jonna blush. She beamed of happiness and confidence though, as she just keep succeeding, which in her head meant she was a really good handler! The fact that Gilqes sounded surprised she had succeeded, she just understood as shinx was a difficult pokemon to befriend which made her accomplish even bigger.

Gilqe asked her again if she wanted to follow him to the town and get his help to find a job. Jonna looked thoughtfully at the pokeball which contained her new team member, which helped her made a decision, as she had been told a little about this pokemon in her village. To be accurate she had been told to keep a safe distance as it could attack with small lightning, and they would be more useful at the sea. Jonna didn't quite know how yet, but it sounded like she had the perfect partner to a job at the ocean.
Since she had finally made up her mind she smiled to Gilqes as she answered him: "Thank you for your kind words, Sir. And I would appreciate your help to find a job. I really want to see the sea and I have never sailed before.." she trailed off unsure if that was a bad thing to say when it would put her in a quite disadvantage. With a nervous smile she asked shyly "should we go then?", In an attempt to ignore it, and moved towards the wagon, which she climbed into again, carefully not to use her damaged hand. In the cart she called Sabri back into his ball as well. She thought worried for a moment before she tug Sabris ball in her hidden pocket.
Jonna sat silent for a while as they traveled closer to Little Marchton, since she thought of how hard it would be to control the shinx, as she agreed with Gilqe it didn't had seemed to be as easy as Fay. Her thoughts started to wander though, and soon she was only thrilled about working at the sea, and perhaps trying to sail too!
[color=orange]"Gilqe, Sir"
She asked to get his attention, "As I said before I don't know much about sailing, is there anything I would need?" She asked and got to her feet to look past him towards the town in the horizon, while she was careful not to use her right hand with the scratches. Jonna didn't know if she would need anything special to work on the ocean or the fact it perhaps would be good idea not to look and smell like a beggar when asking for a job. But then again, it would depend on what job Gilqe had in mind for her.

Soon a blue surface at one side of the town appeared and Jonna stared at it, as she tried to figure out what it was. Slowly she realized it must be the so called ocean, and she soon stood in awe as it just grow bigger and bigger. Fay jumped upon a box to get a look too, and soon she started to sniff in the air and turned her head away from all the blue water. Jonna turned to see what Fay had discovered and saw Little Marchton, and she gasped. "If this is called 'Little' Marchton, how big is Marchton then?" She said with wide eyes at the sight before her.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 4 2013, 06:50 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

[0.7 experience for Jonna]

"Don't you worry," Gilqe said, smiling at her, "The friends I have here are always willing to take on someone who's willing to work hard. They have...strong personalities, but given how you handled that Shinx, I'm sure you'll be able to deal with it."

He chuckled, turning his head up to the sky for a moment, and then answered her other question.

"Oh, about four or five times the size of this, a really bustling place. Bit nicer than here too, but Little Marchton's the one that's on the ocean."

The cart continued on into Little Marchton, at first going through small but well built houses with cracked paint. As they when deeper into the town they started passing places that were more rundown, with peeling paint and loud voices coming out of them. After a while rickety stalls selling freshly caught fish appeared alongside the road. All the time, the smell of salt was in the air and people bustled pass them, darting in and around the wagon like it was just another part of the scenery, shouting at a friend or an enemy across the road. The cart stopped at the docks and Gilqe got off. He stretched a little and then turned to Jonna.

"All right, I've got to go pick up my shipment, but the ship of my friends is right over there," he said, pointing to a ship with a white flag with a dark blue diamond on it, "It's called the Blue Diamond. Ask for Roy, tell her Gilqe sent you. And take this."

Gilqe passed her a pokeball as he spoke, his dark brown eyes meeting her eyes for a long moment.

"It's good to have a water pokemon when you're at sea. I don't sail any longer, so I don't need to keep Lamar with me, but I think he'll do well with you. Treat him well and come visit me sometime. I'll keep an ear out for your name - mine is rather uncommon, so if I'm around, you should be able to find me quickly," he said, then gave her an easy nod of his head and left.

If Jonna choose to the ship flying the blue diamond flag, she would get a few feet on the deck and be confronted by a young man with plain brown hair, plain brown eyes, a vaguely handsome face and body. He would plant a staff in front of her and lean on it, raising one eyebrow at her.

Of course, she didn't have to go that way. She could approach one of the other ships - the elegant one with only a redheaded woman on the deck, the giant one with what looked like ten people scattering over the deck. She could go down to the makeshift market and buy some supplies, or duck into a bar for a drink. It was her choice and Gilqe's cart had long since left the area.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Aug 9 2013, 12:09 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

(Egg count: 5)
(ooc: the necklace they find is the Lugias Pearl from the poppers. I'll just needed to ad it to the story, and ofcourse it is now equipped on Lamar^^)

Jonna only listened to Gilqe with half an ear since she was astonished by all the sights in this, to her, big city. She tried to imagine a town 5 times bigger, but has to give up as she couldn't believe something so big could exist. "That can't be tr...Whoa! what was that?" she thought and was distracted by something she saw in a booth, though she had no idea of what it was for. To her it looked like a wheel with too long spokes, though it did seem to be finished and not as a work in progress.
Fay had jumped to the seat beside Gilqe and looked around a little but used most of her time to sniff all the new smells. She only paused with it, when a new sound reached her ears and she tilted her head towards it to locate it, before she returned to use her nose again. Jonna stayed in the back and walked around in the cart to get a better look at almost everything they passed. She didn't really answer Gilqe as she was speechless all the way down to the docks, as she tried to take in all this new information from the surroundings

Just as Jonna thought she had seen it all, they arrived at the docks, and she gaped even more at the sight of the boats which were bobbing peacefully in the water. Fay jumped into the back and pushed herself towards Jonnas leg as she was nervouse about all the water in front of them. Jonna slowly climbed off the cart, both due to Fay leaning towards her leg, but also because she couldn't take her eyes from the ships.
At the ground she accepted the pokeball without really noticing it, and looked into Gilqes eyes with a dazed expression since she was too distracted to focus on one thing and on top of that she was beginning to get a headache. She mumbled a "thank you sir" and looked around while her brain clearly fought to cope these new experiences.
After she had stared at the ships for a while, she felt something strange in her hand: it felt like a pokeball, but without all the well known scrapes and scratches her own had. She looked into her hand and wondered for a moment, where she had got this new and clean pokeball when it struck her: "Gilqe gave it to me! But i cannot..."
"Gilqe sir, wait! I cannot accept this, it is too much...!" She yelled to him, but shut up as soon she discovered he was already gone. "I didn't even thank him probably," she thought troubled and groaned as her headache got worse. Fay whimpered and looked worried at both Jonna and the ocean. "Come on Fay, let's get out of here for a moment and catch our breath," Jonna said painfully, stuck the new pokeball into her pocket and the two quickly made their way out of Little Marchton.

-----------(inset dev. thread here.]---------------

It was a much more relaxed Jonna who was looking at the ocean, she had had her first glimpse of yesterday. Jonna was feeling better as a good night sleep and a good hunt had helped lifting her mood and optimism. Now she had an idea of how to talk with Sabri, and she was slowly beginning to build up a relationship with Ori. Jonna smiled at the thought and looked towards Little Marchton and its boats. If she was lucky she could still get a job on the Blue Diamond, the ship Gilqe had suggested, but if it had already sailed she would try to find a job somewhere else, in a town this big, she didn't believe it could be a problem.
Fay was also much more relaxed today, mostly because Jonna was calm now, as Fay was more experienced and had less trouble coping with accepting new things. Now she was running around and digging here and there, dragging sticks with her some of the time and wading through the swallow water at the beach.
Jonna looked at Fay when the canine barked to show her, her new discovery, and Jonna saw Fay was trying to pull up a leash up from a hole she had been digging. As she couldn't get it up, she dropped it and started to dig much more furiosly, "Fay wait, you have already dug it up." Jonna smiled as the necklace flew in a curve and soon was about to be buried under the sand Fay threw behind her. Fay puased and looked at her handler with a silly grin and her tongue hanging sideways out her mouth. But she only waited as long as it took Jonna to pick up the necklace before she started digging again.
Jonna almost laughed as she retreated out of the flying sand and shook it out of her hair as she took a closer look at what Fay had found. She had to wash it in the ocean and it soon showed to be a pretty big blue stone on a leash. Jonna fondled it fascinated as she thought "It must have laid down there in a lifetime," as she couldn't get all the sand off. She held it up in eye level and looked between it and the blue ocean behind it, "It is like the water, a blue round water... the pokeball!" she suddenly remembered and found out her newest pokeball and held it forth to call out whatever was inside it.

Lamar yawned as he felt the sea breeze and smelt the salty water, he slept most of the time in the pokeball as there never happened anything interesting anyway. He looked down, and gave a annoyed sigh, "ground," as he saw he was on land. He felt so limited on land as he couldn't move, and he envied the water pokemon with legs which could explore both land and sea. Lamar had only seen glimpse of the dry land as he only was called out of his pokeball when someone needed water or he was used in a battle, which didn't was often either. He knew it wasn't because Gilqe didn't want him to explore it, he was just too big and heavy to carry around and Gilqe didn't have the resources or time to do that.
Lamar looked around to see what he was needed for this time, and frowned slowly at the sight of a dirty girl in front of him, and wondered if he was supposed to give her a bath, she sure looked like she needed it. Then a growlithe jumped to her side, and he briefly thought he should fight them, but he couldn't believe Gilqe would put him against a fire type, it would be just mean.
Lamar looked around to ask Gliqe what he was supposed to do, and tensed as he realized his handler was nowhere in sight. He looked suspiciously at the young handler in front of him, who stared at him dreamily, and her canine: had they stolen him? If they had, he found them really stupid as Little Marchton were right behind them, and he had been there so many times he knew he would be recognized.

"Who are you?" He asked the two dismissive and the growlithe barked a happy answer: "Your handler was so nice to let you join us, as we are new to the sea." Lamars eyes wided and he looked shocked at Fay, he had been given away? As he thought about it made sense though, as Gilqe had talked about finding him another trainer, since he knew Lamar was bored now they didn't sail any longer. He had made a small pond to Lamar at home, but it was barely enough for him to dive in, and all he could do all day, was dreaming on exploring the unknown land. Though he understood the good intentions he had never believed it would happen so soon, and he was a little upset Gilqe hadn't said goodbye, or at least told him. With a sad expression he nodded his head as a greeting and an accept of his new situation, his eyes locked with his new handler, who looked worried at him. She held a hand towards him, and he lifted his head too high for her to reach, since she looked and smelled like she hadn't seen a bath in years! Then he saw she hadn't tried to pet him, but held forth a leash with a blue stone attached to it. "I know it isn't much, but It reminds me of the ocean, and I'm sorry if this isn't what you hoped for," she told him and he bowed his head to accept her gift with a sad smile.
As the necklace was placed around his neck, both were a little surprised the leash had seem to grow bigger to fit him, he felt and odd sensation when it felt like water was running under him and he soon had the feeling of floating, which was nice. The stone had got a feeling of depth in the blue glow and the feeling of moving water when looking into it.

Lamar looked questioningly at human and canine as they stared at his feet and he moved slightly to the left to see if it was him they looked at. Then he froze, had he just moved?! He looked down and saw he was floating a few inches above ground, no water was visible underneath him, though it felt that way, and he gaped, how was this possible? It couldn't be true!
He moved a little more, and as soon he realized he could actually swim above the ground, he dashed off with a overjoyed scream and left Jonna and Fay to stare confused as he disappeared in the distance. "Bye Lamar," Jonna whispered sadly and started to walk towards the town.
A happy tone caught her ear, and she saw Lamar zigzagging back to her with his face beaming with happiness. He stopped in front of her, and bowed deeply with his head and looked at her with gratitude before he asked Fay. "What is your plans then? Anything I can help with?" He smiled happy as he said the last thing, as he now actually could help them. He looked skeptically at Fay when she told him, they were looking for at job in the town, "She is going to ask for at job while looking that?" He asked and Fay looked confused at him. "Take a few steps back please," he asked her friendly, and as soon the fire type was in a safe distance he soaked Jonna with a weak water gun.
"Whaa..?" Jonna spluttered and gasped for air and looked astonished at the Lamar. "What did you that for?" she asked gloomy and sounded like she couldn't figure out to scold him or not. Lamar stroke her hair away from the face and smiled friendly to her, "Now you do not smell so bad anymore, and the rest will be disguised in the smell of the town. The sea and the fish will probably take care of the rest," he told her, which she of course didn't understood. She understood his gentle gesture though and smiled wryly.
"Get her dry, and I will give you a ride to town," he said and laughed when Fay sent him a horrified glance and kept a good distance. "I am not going to soak you too, why do you think I asked you before to step away?" He asked her amused and watched as the growlithe embarrassed jogged to Jonna and helped her dry her dress by charging a overheat, which she sent in the sea with the result of a huge steam.

When Jonna wasn't wet any longer, she had become a little pale. Not because she was getting sick, but because some of the many layers of dirt had been washed off, and her skin beneath, hadn't been exposed much to the sun.
Lamar turned his side to Jonna and looked expectantly at her, which Jonna didn't understood before Fay jumped on his back and sat down wagging her tail. Jonna followed hesitant and was pushed the last way up by Lamar before he gracefully moved to Little Marchton. Jonna petted his neck and said "I could have walked myself you know?" and received a amused glance from Lamar.
Jonna stopped Lamar when she saw he was heading for the docks. "I need to find a store first, as I think I need some stuff before I go sailing," she told him, and he nodded to show he understood as he turned to the marked area. He stopped at a stall which to Jonna had both well know stuff like pokeballs, but also a lot she didn't knew what was.
"Excuse me, could you help me please? I am probably going to sail and I do not know what I am going to need out there. I know though, I need some pokeballs and probably something to heal up pokemon?" she asked the manager and looked down on the wares from the back of Lamar. The lapras kept a good eye on the trade as he didn't wanted his new handler to waste money on stuff she didn't needed, and he could see plenty of that on the table.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 12:56 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

The merchant of the stall, an older woman with a plain face, dumpy body, and bright blue eyes, immediately smiled at Jonna. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and leaned forward to speak to the girl, beaming all the while.

"You're looking for sea provisions? Well, you've come to the right place, miss handler," she said, "I'm Kalie, this is my stall, and I promise you, we've got everything you need right here. I'll get you some pokeballs and potions items first and then we'll move on from there."

She pulled out six red pokeballs and two blue ones, as well as a two Hyper Potions and three Full Heals. She set them in front of Jonna and was just opening her mouth when Lamar casually shoved four pokeballs off the counter, including both of the blue ones. He stared up at the woman and she smiled again, though it was a little less bright.

"Oh, I see, you're a new handler, that's just fine dear, but I guess you don't need all the tackle," she said, quickly scooping away the Hyper Potions and Full Heals, "Here you go, this should be all you need for a sailing trip. You don't want a pokemon poisoned while they're on a ship, they get horribly sick, and with all the Tentacool around, better safe than sorry, right? And a few pokeballs, in case you find a pokemon or two that really catches your eye. And one Great Potion, just in case."

As she spoke, she set an Antidote, four pokeballs, and a Great Potion before Jonna, her hands flying around quickly, tucking them easily into a canvas pouch. Lamar leaned forward again and she snatched it up, holding it above his head.

"Now, she needs something that's waterproof, don't you agree?" she asked, picking up something else in a bag and shoving it in, "There's a waterskin for you, all filled. The ship should have a supply of water, but it never hurts a handler to have their own supply - and this can be refilled at a stream anytime, so you really only need to buy it once."

When she was done arranging the pouch to her liking, she handed it over to Jonna.

"That'll be 220 gold, thank you," she said, smiling as she took the money she was offered. She counted it and then held one finger up at Jonna and ducked down behind her counter. After a few seconds she came back up and gave the girl an odd berry. It was round around the bottom, but had a stem on the top. It was mostly yellow, but had a bright blue patch on the bottom.

"For your cute little Growlithe there," Kalie said, and waved at her, "It'll weaken the effect of one water move, so if the critter gets caught by a wave she won't be so hurt by it. Have a good trip!"

With that, she waved Jonna off into Little Marchton. She was free to go where she wanted and there were lots of fascinating things happening that could catch her attention. Someone who was clearly a man wearing a beautiful red dress and crying, a little girl sitting on top of the roof of a tavern, an older couple bickering about who was going out to catch an Eevee for their granddaughter. She could always go back to the Blue Diamond - it wasn't hard to find.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Aug 16 2013, 04:21 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

(egg count: 6]

Jonna smiled shyly to the woman in the stall, as she was sent a bright smile, completely blind for the possible thoughts behind such smile to a customer, and therefore she could have been sold anything the woman had wanted. If Lamar hadn't been there. He looked at all the stuff presented in front of them with an unimpressed look, "I think it is good I am with you, this is ridicules!" He said in his singing voice which made Jonna sent him a smile before turning to all the wares she apparently needed. "What do you mean?" Fay asked him skeptical while she tilted her head at all the pokeballs in front of her. She wasn't sure she liked his confidence or understood his comment. "She doesn't need all this. She is trying to sell her a lot she would never need," he exclaimed and pushed some of the stuff off the desk with an annoyed stare at the smiling woman. "What?" Fay barked surprised and started a low growl at the woman in the stall, no-one should try to trick her handler.
"Fay! What are you doing? Stop this instance!" Jonna cried out instantly and Fay became silent and only stared at the stall keeper to be sure she wouldn't try anything again, though Fay had no idea what to look for.
"I am so sorry madam. I don't know why they suddenly behaved so badly, but I will make sure it won't happen again." Jonna tried to apologize and scolded her two pokemon. Fay dug her head but still kept an eye on the woman, while Lamar rolled his eyes at his handler before he turned his attention to the seller.
She looked like she got the hint from Jonnas pokemon, as she reduced what she tried to sell to a much more realistic level, and Lamar had to accept what she packed as she now held everything outside his reach. He wasn't pleased with it, as it reminded him of how he was used to be trapped on land with moveless, and he hated that feeling. But right now there was nothing he could do about it, since Jonna didn't listened to him in this matter any longer.

Jonna followed closely all the stuff she apparently needed, and she started to doubt if it was the right choice. "What is it I'm doing?" she thought. "It sounds like it is a really tough and dangerous task to seek a job on a boat, maybe I should just do something else," Jonna thought, but just smiled and nodded when she was asked if she agreed she needed a waterproof pouch. And she didn't complain about getting another waterskin as she probably would need a lot more water with all this extra pokemon she now had.
"And I was worried if I had enough water just for me and Fay," she thought with a wry smile while she watched her new belongings being packed.
When the woman was done she handed it towards her, but Jonna couldn't reach it from the back of Lamar, and he moved when she tried to climb down. "Alright Lamar, then you will take it to me, but careful!" she told him and made clear she doesn't wanted him do break anything. Lamar looked dryly at Jonna and sarcastic took the pouch in his mouth and gentle gave it to him. "thank you, Lamar," Jonna said distracted without seeing his sarcasm as she was too busy counting the money she need to pay for her wares. It would take some time, as she wasn't good with math or numbers (or words for that matter, but it was numbers she was fighting with now), and this time she had to count much higher than ever before.
As Jonna handed over the money, and she really hoped she had counted right, and she didn't wanted to let the woman wait any longer, she was presented with a berry as a gift. Her eyes widened as she heard what it could, and she gentle took it and shoved it to Fay, who nearly ate it on the spot. "No Fay, this is not only a snack, it can protect you," she exclaimed and tried to explain her growlithe, who just tilted her head again in confusion. "But if it has to protect her, she need to carry it herself, and that seems to be a little tricky," Jonna thought and looked worried at her canine. "It is a wonderful gift madam, but do you have another one I can buy? " Jonna asked the woman with a apologizing smile.

Whenever the saleswoman had or not (If she had Jonna would by another one), Lamar would soon swim his new handler away from the stall. He regretted he had taken her to this stall, but he didn't know Little Marchton that good, and it had looked liked it had had what Jonna needed. As he sat off towards the docks again he snorted at the thought, as the stall had had everything she needed, and much, much more.

As they floated through the town, all three stared at a man in a beautiful dress, and they all thought of how well it would look on Jonna instead of her old worn one. None of them made a move to ask him why he had it on, nor why he was crying, and only Fay saw the little girl on the roof, but she didn't know if it was unusually as she had seen things much more strange these days.
"Lamar wait! I think they need help," Jonna said as they flow past a elderly couple who was discussing, and she put a hand on the neck of the lapras who slowed down. "It would probably be a good idea to help them out instead, as the ocean is probably too much for me to handle, " Jonna thought with a touch of disappointment, but she soon accepted it and smiled friendly to the older couple. "I am sorry to interrupt, but I could not miss to hear you needed help?" Jonna asked politely the two, but got interrupted by Lamar who with a surprised sound backed away from them. He would not let Jonna give up on sailing after this trouble buying the stuff. And he was sure she really wanted to sail since she had been giving to her as a gift because of it.
Lamar made an apologizing sound to the couple while he elegant bowed his head at them, to say he was sorry before he headed straight for the docks as fast as he could swim, floating in the air. "Lamar! stop this and go back! That was rude, they needed help, why did you leave so soon? Lamar!?" Jonna started to scowl the lapras, without yelling though, as she didn't want to attract more attention as she already did, riding a floating Lapras, who ignored her and just kept swimming.
Lamar continued until he reached the gangway to the Blue Diamond and he turned his head to look firmly on Jonna, who just stared back. Fay whimpered low behind them as she didn't know what to do in this battle of wills. Then Lamar made a gentle sound "Didn't you want to sail?" He asked and looked more friendly at Jonna and made a gesture at the ship behind him, which she finally saw and recognized due to the flag.
"Alright, sailing it is," she mumbled and swallowed nervously before she grabbed her backpack, the pouch and her staff and jumped down from Lamar. She ascended the gangway with Lamar behind her, still with Fay on top, and took a look around as soon as she reached the deck. She felt quite uncomfortable as she could feel the deck move underneath her, which she hadn't tried before.
If anyone approaches her, Lamar would greet them happily and Jonna would explain she was looking for at job. She would point out, Gilqe had recommended the Blue Diamond to her, and though she didn't have any experience, she was willing to learn and had been giving Lamar to help her out too.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 21 2013, 03:56 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

[Jonna gains 0.7 experience. Jonna gains a level! Her pokemon gain two levels each and she may add three to her egg count.]

The woman at the stall looked at Faye trying to eat the berry, her face relaxing somehow, making her look softer, younger. She reached down and gave Jonna another berry, pushing away any money offered for it and handing it to the girl.

"You really do have a sweet Growlithe there," she said, voice gentle, like she was trying to coax Faye to come over to her, "Take good care of her. You won't regret it."

That was all she would say as the girl left, though she would rub her hands against her eyes and slap her cheeks afterwards. If Jonna cared to glance back, she would see Kalie greeting people with the same brilliant smile she had given Jonna.

The older couple paused when Jonna addressed them, looking at her with befuddled curiosity. They didn't say anything when she made her offer, instead glancing at each other. After a second of staring they turned back to her, having apparently had an entire conversation in that one glance, but Lamar was already pulling her away. The couple looked back at each other and starting laughing loudly, the woman first. They seemed to come to an agreement as she left, shaking hands with each other and then walking on, arm in arm.

Jonna had barely gotten to see the wooden planks of the deck before a young someone stopped her. He didn't look like anything special - short dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, a plain, if billowy, cloth shirt and pants that any cabin boy would wear. He had strong shoulders and tanned arms and legs. He didn't wear shoes and a wooden staff was in his hand. He would have been an entirely average sailor if it wasn't for his pretty face, which was delicate enough for him to hear a lot of taunts about being a 'girly'.

"Who're ya and why're ya 'ere?" he asked, not quite threatening but not quite friendly. His stance gentled when he heard she was from Gilqe.

"Huh. We're gonna make a stop at Cape Augustine 'fore we getta Cypwater, so ya can stay 'til then," he said, leading her onto the ship properly, "Won't have a place for ya ta sleep 'til then, but you'll get a full supper an' brekkie and it's warm 'nough ta sleep on deck - 'at's what I'm doin'. O'ly one 'mon outta time. Mayhaps not that fire type 'un ya got there. Somethan small. Name's Jamie."

That was all the explanation Jonna would get before Jamie handed her a mop and told her to get to work on that first. After the ship got going, she would get pulled out of her mopping duties to help with 'trimming' (changing the sails so they caught the wind the best way) and tying knots in ropes for some kind of net, Jamie patient with her for all his gruff nature. She would notice the other sailors around, almost all of them oddly small and about as pretty in the face as Jamie. The flowing shirts and pants seemed to be a style of all the sailors, but if Jonna asked about it Jamie would just say that it was what those on the Blue Diamond wore and if she stayed with them, she would wear it as well.

When it was suppertime Jamie would leave Jonna alone for a moment, giving ehr the chance to examine the choppy dark blue waves and the rays of the setting sun glittering over them. She could look at the boat too, if she wished, but it was made out of plain wood, well patched canvas sails, and rope - nothing too exciting. The scent of the sea, the fact that she could only see the faint smudges at the horizon that might be land, that was interesting. And then the savoury scent of fresh food would wash over eveything and Jamie would pass Jonna a big bowl filled with spices, some unidentifiable kind of meat, and rice. Lots of rice.

He would lead Jonna over to the side of the ship to eat in silence with her - at least, it was silence until he spotted something pink clinging to the side of the ship.

"'ere ya go, earn ya keep," he said, pointing at in and grinning roughly," 'at's a Frillish. Not gonna kill us now, but ya gotta get 'em gone quick 'fore more get ovar. Turn's up, Jonna! I'll watch ya stew."

He waved his hand and kept eating his stew, eyes on the girl.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/592-f.png
Clinging to the ship.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Aug 30 2013, 11:33 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

(Egg count: 7+3 =10)

Jonna didn't saw much of the woman's softer expression, as she was busy packing the pouch into her backpack. If she had, she would have wondered if the woman had had one herself. Fay was quick to stretch towards the woman, as she hoped she was offered more food. She was a little disappointed when there were no more berries, but accepted the petting and soon growled low in pleasure. This woman knew how to do it right!
Jonna looked surprised at the manager. "Of course I will, no worries," she said looking a bit confused about the comment but thanked for the compliment. "Oh, and thank you! It is very kind of you" Jonna thanked full heartedly for the second berry.

Lamar looked offended at Jamie as the sailor ignored his greetings and rather rude informed Jonna about what she could expect and what she was allowed to do.
Jonna ducked her head when Jamie talked as he didn't sound very nice. "Perhaps I would be better off if I had stayed and helped the old couple?" She thought and bit her lips nervously. Right now, she didn't thought it would be a pleasant trip, which she had believed since it had been recommended by Gilqe. But then again, she actually didn't know him either, so who knew what preferences he had had. "Well, perhaps they are paying better or the journey is not as dangerous as others," Jonna thought practically and decided to accept her task as any other not-so-funny ones she had had in New Gladestead. She ignored the brief thought of, this could be the only ship which took in inexperienced handlers and decided she needed to get the important parts figured put first. "Yessir, and of course Sir" She said with a curtsy
"But Sir. I'm sorry if I'm rude, but I have some questions I need the answers to before I can finally agree," Jonna said, her head still bowed as she was fighting her racing heart. She exhaled slowly in an attempt to calm down and hoped her voice didn't betray her when she continued. "I would like to know what I am expected to do on the ship. Protecting? Cleaning? Or any odd jobs you might have for me?" Jonna had to pause for a moment, as her voice cracked with nervousness. As soon as she got control of if again she quickly ask the rest of her questions: "And I would like to know, how long you think this trip is going to take? And what the payment would be? I cannot afford to work for free, I'm sorry Sir.." Jonna trailed of and looked like she would like to jump into the water to hide. Though that would be a bad idea, since she didn't know how to swim.

Jonna turned to Fay and Lamar, as soon as she got her answers and took out their pokeballs. Lamar looked at Jonna in disbelief, she couldn't be right! In his opinion it would be downright stupid to call him back, as he could be much more helpful with his knowledge of the sea, and he wanted to go swimming too. It had been ages since he last got the chance. And last but not least: he was the only one, who could safe Jonna from drowning if she should be unlucky to fall overboard.
Jonna pointed the pokeball at him and he barely avoided the red beam as he fell backwards towards the water. He briefly thought for a moment, if he would float above it too, but to his relief he broke the surface and disappeared into the blue depth. Which wasn't so deep after all as they were still at port.
In the water Lamar had no problems with avoiding being called into his pokeball, as he just dove under water. At last Jonna had to give up, and turned her attention to Fay, who backed away with her tail between her leggs.

"Fay, return" Jonna said and called back her canine. She was barely in, before she jumped out with a surprised bark and made a frantically jump to avoid the next attempt to call her in. Fay whined and shook her head desperate as she tried to make it clear, she didn't want to leave Jonnas side. Not even just to rest inside a pokeball in Jonnas pocket. This continued for a while, as Jonna pleadingly kept trying to call her growlithe back, since she had been told she couldn't be on the boat. And Fay tried to avoid the red beam, jumping out every time Jonna succeeded. In the end, the canine tried to hide behind a barrel, and Jonna looked like a tomato. "What doesn't the sailors think of me now? I cannot sail, and I can't even control my own pokemon!" Jonna thought and was once again tempted to jump overboard to hide in the water.
She didn't though as she knew she had to pull herself together to show he could handle this, and she could be trusted to the job she had been offered. "Fay! Stop it and get over here!" Jonna said firmly and had to fought to stay firm as she saw Fays pleading puppy eyes. Jonna dropped to her knees when Fay had crawled whimpering to her. She took the canines head in her hands and they locked eyes, both trying to tell the other what they thought. Jonna started whispering to companion, "Fay, I know you don't want to get inside, but you heard him. You cannot stay out on this wooden boat." Fay huffed. As if she would ever put the boat on fire, she knew how to use her flamesack. Jonna didn't understand the change in Fays expression, but it reassured her a little as the canine was more like she was used to. "Another problem is the water and I do not know what I will do, if you fall overboard," Jonna trailed off with a worried frown at the thought, and Fay looked down as she could see the point. "You know he just told us you couldn't be out, and I beg you Fay. Please get inside now. I will not be alone, as both Lamar and Sabri will be out, and I promise you, I will call you if I ever need help," Jonna said and this time she was looking pleadingly at Fay.
Fay whimpered a few more times, since she didn't want to leave, and she wasn't sure how much protection Sabri could deliver. But she finally accepted and let Jonna call her back. And this time she didn't jump out again.
Jonna was surprised of the loneliness she felt when Fay was secured. The canine had been at her side 24 hours a day since she had left New Gladestead. Jonna had always had Fay to watch her back and her experience to judge if a situation was dangerous or not, but now she was on her own. Jonna fought her tears and hold her staff a little tighter to her, as she called out her spinarak.

Sabri looked around curious, what kind of place was this? Without looking at Jonna he started to investigate on his own, and soon she was caught up in cleaning duties on the deck. She had to stop several times though, as Sabri made a lot of attempts to spin his webs all around the ship, which Jonna was pretty sure wouldn't please her bosses.
Jonna didn't thought much about the crews appearance other than they would have a hard time, if they would have to find a wife in her home village. Most of the girls there wanted strong farmers, who could scare away any potential dangerous pokemon or human just by their looks. Jonna would probably have thought more about it, if she hadn't had to keep an eye on Sabri and stagger to him to stop him from whatever troubles he was making. "I could call out Ori instead?" Jonna thought, when she had had to call Sabri back from the mast, where a nice web now was hanging between it and the sail. She discarded the idea though, as she hadn't had the shinx out without feeding it, and she didn't know what trouble it could cause. But she was afraid it would ne much more reckless than Sabri.
Sabri didn't understood what was wrong, and why Jonna kept running to him and stopped him from making himself a home on the ship. Wasn't they supposed to stay here? He learned a new word though: 'No', but he didn't know what it actually meant. But as Jonna stopped saying it and usually smiled every time he stopped, he believed it meant something like 'freeze' or 'stop'.

When they headed out from the port, Jonna had an even tougher time keeping her balance, and she was glad she was taken of the mopping duties.
She didn't understood much about the sail-thing other than it was something about how the wind would catch it. When Jamie explained it to her, he used a lot of word she didn't know, and she didn't asked about them since he didn't seemed be very chatty. Jonna tried to start a conversation once, by asking why they all had the same colored clothes, but she was just told it was because they all worked on the Blue Diamond. "I think I would like to work here too, if I got new clothes," she thought for a moment, before she was distracted by the work.
The knots were different from the ones Jonna had learned at home, but wasn't really complicated. She had some trouble making them because of the scratches Ori had given her, though they looked better now since they had been cleaned by the water for the mopping.

Jonna was glad she got a break, and she putted down her bag, which she had been carried all along. She didn't know where she could place it, as she was worried it would fall overboard, with the risk of the egg drowning. She leaned at the bulwark and tried to decided if it was land she could see in the horizon or not. A splash caught her attention and she look down to see Lamar looking at her with a smile. He turned so he laid on his back with his head under water, then he started to roll around and around and around. Jonna smiled at her lapras playing, and quickly covered her face when he jumped and splashed down in the water again. "You are enjoying yourself huh? " she asked Lamar, who bowed his head in agreement before he disappeared under the boat again.
Jonna gazed at the ocean with her head resting in her arms, "How can anything be so big? There are enough water to make New Gladestead flourish for the next decade," she thought and drifted off in peaceful imaginations.

A new, and to her, delicious smell pulled her back to reality, and she saw Jamie arrive with two huge bowls of food. She stared at the filled bowl in her hands, "Great Harper! How am I supposed to eat all this?" She thought. "Perhaps it is also to my pokemon?" She wondered and looked closer in an attempt to figure out what it was.
She sat down beside Jamie and started tasting her food, "What is it made of?" She asked curiously while poking some of the meat.
She ate in silence for a moment, before Jamie pointed towards something pink at the side of the ship. It turned out to be a pokemon, which apparently wasn't good to have around. She gave him her bowl, which still was more or less full, and asked: "So, It just has to leave, and as quick as possible?"
Jonna walked to the rail, "Lamar, where are you? I need your help." She yelled and the lapras soon arrived from the depths with a questioningly look. "Will you carry Fay, so she can chase away the 'Frilish' over there?" She asked him and dug out Fays pokeball. Lamar was curious about how Jonna thought a firetype could chase away the water type, so he nodded and turned his side towards her. Fay soon appeared on top of his back. She looked surprised around and whimpered for a moment, when she saw how close she was to the deep deep ocean.
"Lamar, don't be surprised, and Fay, scare that clinging pokemon away," Jonna told them, as Lamar swam towards the frillish. Lamar looked amused since how could fire attacks surprise him? Then he jolted as Fay let out a loud roar and he barely kept himself for diving to escape himself. He looked at the little growlithe with a rather shocked expression, Fay returned the glance with a smug.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Sep 2 2013, 03:59 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

Jamie frowned a little at Jonna's curtsy, but his face went oddly gentle when her voice quivered. He rubbed at his cheek and then nodded slightly, like he was agreeing with something he was thinking.

"'bably some com'tion of the two, t'be honest," he said, "Things that need doin', ya'll be doin'. Nothin' more than some hard work, though. It'll take 'bout three days to getta the Cape. We'll pay ya 200 gold for 'at. If we still want ya, after, we can talk 'bout the terms when we getta Cypwater. Ya might take a fancy to a pokemon we got or ya might want a stone - 'at's what we ship, mostly, evol'tion stones. 'Course, we can always give ya straight gold too, but no point hagglin' over it now."

He didn't seem to really notice Jonna's battle with her pokemon. Oh, he glanced over occasionally as he tugged on a mess of ropes that appeared to have something to do with the steer of the ship, but they were only bland looks. It seemed as though he was simply making sure nothing had gone wrong, although if an observer looked very closely they would see a small smile hanging around his lips when he turned away from the thin handler. He gave her an approving nod when she choose her Spinarak, apparently viewing the pokemon as a good choice on the ship. He shook his head at the webs, but didn't try to take them down or scold Jonna. Instead he mumbled something about Spinaraks making nice webs to catch dinner and continued with his work, which was...sporadic, to say the least. He would wander off into another part of the ship and then come back to tell Jonna what to do next. The only hint as to his activities were his fingers - they had faint, circular red lines like rings upon them and Jonna would be able to see them clearly when he showed her how to do knots.

He gave a nod at Jonna question about the pokemon and then laughed outright as she instructed her pokemon to scare off the Frillish. His laugh was high-pitched and sweet, like honey. It didn't suit his calloused hands or tanned skin or tough (if slightly lean) body.

"Ya're clever, ain't ya?" he asked, not waiting for an answer, "'at's good. Ya'll do well here."

And that was the end of that. Jonna was given back her food and told that one bowl was for her pokemon and also that if she needed more, she should simply ask. she was left to sleep the night on the deck, but Jamie gave her a white blanket so dirty it was light brown was soft and thick and warm to sleep in. He himself slept on the deck as well, with a similar looking blanket and a beaten up pillow. Strangely enough, no one else slept on the deck.

The next day the sun rose weak and watery and it was business as usual. Jonna was given two bowls of a thick, gooey substance for breakfast which tasted bland but was extremely filling. Jamie instructed her on how to help, often leaving her if she had a task she'd done before. He also instructed her to scare away any pokemon near the ship, such as Tentacool or Frillish. However, she wasn't quite left alone - all six sailors of the rest of the crew seemed to have an excuse to stop by, chatting a little bit with her, asking about her home and giving her advice on her tasks. A few simply nodded as they walked past her. If she hadn't noticed before, it would be impossible to ignore that while they were all different (one had dark skin, one had brilliant red hair, one walked with a limp, one had the most lovely green eyes) most of them were short and slender, with pretty faces. They would laugh or deflect the conversation away from Jonna if she asked about this, but they were happy to tell her of other things about the ship. Basic things, like how fast it went and the Xatu that mostly kept them on course and away from storms, the evolution stones they were taking and how many they had, how long they'd had the boat, etc. They tended to make sympathetic noises about how it would be hard to work with Jamie, he was so stoic all the time, but they would assure her he meant to be kind. Despite all of this, there was no real way to see a leader, a captain, among them - some seemed to have more leader-like personalities, but no one called each other by rank, just by names and names like 'Tony' and 'Patty' at that.

The second day was more of the same, though the sun rose bright and red, tinting the sea and making it look like it was blood. When it was almost dusk, however, Jamie called Jonna away from her chores to show her the city of Cape Augstine. It had been nothing more than a slightly bigger smudge for the day, but then she would be able to see the bright light of the Cape Augustine lighthouse in the thickening night, as well as the outline of the wall that surrounded most of the city. It wouldn't take long until they got there, and Jamie would patiently explain anything about the city to Jonna if she asked; if she didn't, he would stand with her in silence. As they drew closer it would become clear that there was a sort of night market, faintly lit by glowing lanterns. When they docked, he would give her a short nod.

"Right, thissa where ya can get off, if ya wanna," he said, dropping a bag that clinked in her hands, "Ya can just leave, find 'nother ship, t'Cape's got loads, or stay in the place, might'va somethin' for ya. I dunno. But if ya wanna stay with us, ya can. We'll talk 'bout ya pay at dawn, when we leave. Ya can sleep on the deck 'night if ya like, I'll leave the blanket out for ya."

If Jonna cared to check through the bag, she would find exactly 200 gold. She was free to go now - Cape Augustine was open to her. Even if she wanted to stay with the Blue Diamond, she had the rest of the night to herself.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Deceased / Retired | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last » | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.