Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Slipping Away to Seaway, Brenda Shiell & Lilith Fauve/Closed
Adelulf
 Posted: Dec 23 2014, 05:06 AM
| Quote |

Tier 4 or Die Trying
Banned
Total Posts: 742
Member No. 1545
Joined on 8-April 14.

Characters:
Leodel "Leo" Degen, Rodric Steiner "Hatchet", Reva of Fough

Awards: 4

Brenda Shiell

Lilith Fauve

My worst RNG of the night, I am so sorry...

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/225delibird.png
Vital Spirit and Insomnia
Destiny Bond and Rapid Spin

Level Bracket:1-36
If Brenda can keep her catch level below 26, it would be appreciated.

--------------------
My Split Personalities
| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Jan 2 2015, 12:15 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 767
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:
Jonna Shipston, Brenda Shiell, Yngve Tessel

Awards: 5

Brenda saluted one last time for Wolfrum, before she left his office together with Wodan. She did her best to hide her disappointment and focus on, she had got a mission to solve all on her own.
She knew it was declare of trust since she technically still was a junior Guardian, but she wished it had been something more exciting than dealing with a new, small thieve gang, which Wolfrum had got a single report about.
She pushed away her disappointment as she hurried out of the building and concentrated on her task instead. If she did a well job, there would be a high chance she would get something more important the next time.
She listed what information she had, which wasn't much: A trader had complained about wares disappearing from his ship, and the small amount and the fact it was only his ship it happened at, suggested it was a relative small group. That it had only started recently and hinted it probably was a new formed one too.
The trader had investigated his whole crew by the help of a psychic pokemon, and none of them were involved.
Brenda hurried home as she pondered if she preferred it to be a small newly formed group she could take out herself, or if she hoped it to be bigger which would be a great discovery and a chance of some fame, but would also mean she would have to involve other Guardians as she wouldn't be able to do it alone.

At home she found some neutral colored clothes which she pulled over her armor to hide she was a Guardian. Wodan looked confused at her and she smiled as she explained him why.
"I'm just going undercover so we can walk around at the docks unnoticed, that's all. It will make it easy to catch the rouges in the act!"
"Dewott!" Wodan exclaimed happily before he looked questioningly at her while pointing at himself. "Wott?"
"No, you don't have to disguise yourself. Dewotts are rather common here you know, and what would be your disguise? An Oshawott?" Brenda laughed and patted Wodan on the head.

A few hours later Brenda stood frowning on the docks. It had not worked out at she had planned as everyone behaved like she was a Guardian on patrol instead of just some anonym woman walking around. She wasn't aware she still behaved like she was on a patrol, just walking around trying to see everything which happened around her, and that her clothes were in a much better quality than most others down here
She glanced at Wodan to see if there was anything on him giving them away, before she checked her Guardian clothes wasn't visible either. She couldn't find any problems and she frowned annoyed, she had even hid her wonderful axe and made sure her armor hadn't made any revealing sounds.
"I don't know how they have revealed me, but I can play that game!" She thought at looked around to find somewhere to hide.
When she found one she strode away in another direction than it to avoid drawing attention to her sitting there, and find a way to it.

What she had found was a window from where she could see the whole area. It was in an storehouse with rooms at the top, it was perfect as she could sit unnoticed and keep an eye on everything below her, and especially the ship which the complain had come from.
Of course nothing happened the first day, but she hadn't expected it either, since they had seen her walking around.
The second day was just as boring, and so was the third.

Brenda dreaded for the fourth day which surely would become just as boring and uneventful as the rest, but it was the only way she could figure out whom was her target.
In the late afternoon a shout resounded over the docks and Brenda's attention snapped back. Her eyes widened when learned it came from the ship she had been watching and she grabbed the window frame as she watched someone leaped off the ship and into a waiting boat which hurried away as the ship's crew members hung over the railing and yelled after it.

Brenda stared shocked at the scene. She had seen that little boat and the men it with boxes from the ship before, actually every day, but she had always assumed they were just offloading the ship as so many others were doing. She hadn't thought much about it since the thieves had always acted like they were normal workers which had proved to be a surprisingly effective when it was about stealing unnoticed, Brenda realized. When you behaved like you were allowed to do what you were doing, others would believe so too, which was clear by the spectators surprised reactions on the docks.
Brenda gritted her teeth as glared at the boat. The thieves had done their scheming right under her nose, now it was personal!
She frowned confused a moment later as she realized which way the boat was sailing. "Why are they going that way? There is no way out there?" She thought before she shrugged. It would make her job easier as she knew where to look now. She gestured to Wodan and they hurried down the ladder.

Soon after they were sneaking through the wealthier area of the docks, trying to locate the boat and its members while not being seen themselves. Suddenly Brenda took a step back behind a wagon and pulled Wodan with her. She held her breath with a beating heart as she listened to the men talking.
"I said I was sorry. What else should I have done? They discovered me and..." One voice said and Brenda slowly started to move backwards to reach a stack of sacks as she heard the answer. "Shut up! Someone could hear you."
"It is definitely them." Brenda thought and carefully moved one of the sacks so she could watch the arguing men in between them. She narrowed her eyes and thought glanced around to see how she best could place her pokemon to make sure they didn't ran away when she approached them.

Brenda had just decided what to do when she heard a familiar voice: "What is happening here?!"
Brenda stared surprised at the Guardian coming into sight and the two thieves clearly looked nervous. She smiled as this now was going to be much easier and quicker even though she wouldn't be able to take the honor all by herself, and she liked Cadfael who was both a skilled Guardian and pleasant to work with.
She quickly changed her plans and started to call out her pokemon and guide them around, while the thieves were occupied explaining themselves. Brenda sniggered as they tried to tell it off like they were just doing what they were hired to do, and she couldn't wait to burst in and reveal the truth, but first she needed to make sure to block all escape routes.

"Stop your silly excuses! You weren't supposed to be back already, I hope you haven't destroyed what we have built up already!" Brenda froze shocked. What had he just said?
As Brenda slowly turned her head to stare horrified at Cadfael, Gunvor glanced smugly at Brenda enjoying the smack in the face of reality the girl had just got. Wodan looked worried at his handler as he had understood something bad had just happened, but he did not know what and he needed her guidance to show him what he should do about it.

Brenda stared openmouthed as Cadfael got his two minions to pack their stuff and they all disappeared, which made both Goyo and Camellia, who had already been sent to their posts, to glance out to see why they weren't sent out to stop them. Gunvor fought to keep a straight face, while Wodan got more and more distressed and as he didn't know what else to do, the only thing he could come up with, was to gently close Brenda's mouth.
Gunvor had to turn around to hide her laughter.

Shortly after Brenda was walking rather aimlessly around in random streets, as she was still in shock of her discovery and hadn't really grasped what it meant yet. She had recalled all but Wodan, who walked confused by her side as he kept glancing up at her.

"Brenda? It is you, I almost couldn't recognize you in that clothes." A warm but very unsettling familiar voice said. Both Brenda and Wodan spun around just to stand face to face with Cadfael, who looked like he always did when he met them, friendly and helpful.
Wodan drew his scalchop but was caught by Brenda before he could leap at the other Guardian. "Whoa! Easy now! Can't you recognize me Wodan?" Cadfael exclaimed.
"Wodan, behave yourself!" Brenda snapped and scolded him for his behavior, which made him stare dumbfounded at her. "I'm sorry Wodan." Brenda thought but she was happy for break he gave her, which gave her a chance to pull herself together and come up with a plan.
"I'm so sorry Cadfael, you really surprised us." She said with an embarrassed smile which she hoped didn't look forced.
"It's alright, he is young and you are correcting him right away." Cadfael laughed and laid a hand on Brenda's shoulder. She had to fight the urge to wince and push it off.
"But tell me, what are you doing here, and dressed like this?" He asked as gestured at her poor disguise and she sighed dramatically.
"You know my grandparents are tailors and they wanted to see if they could make some clothes to wear on top of armor, which could be waterproof or something like that." She started to explain and Cadfael looked skeptically at her. "I know it sounds silly and I tried to tell them, but they got me to promise I would test the design out, before they started with the more expensive cloth. You know, if it possible to move around in it." She said with a silly grin and flailed her arms to prove her point while feeling like an idiot.

Cadfael laughed and shook his head. "Even if they succeed I don't think anyone will ever buy it. I'm sorry, but it doesn't really look very good."
An awkward silence followed as Brenda hated her stupid last minute lie and Cadfael probably felt bad for Brenda walking around in publicly looking stupid.
"I.. I need to get back to my patrolling. See you back in the barracks!" He said and walked off with one last pat on her shoulder.
"See you!" Brenda said and grimaced as it sounded way too excited. "Come on Wodan, let's get out of here." She mumbled.

Brenda found a bench beside a few trees where she quickly pulled off the clothes, which she stuffed into her bag.
"I'm sorry I had to scold you Wodan." Brenda said as she sat down and waved the dewott closer to her. "He does really deserve it, but we can't just attack him like that. He has higher rank than we do, so we need proof on what he is doing. Do you understand?"
"Dewott!" Wodan exclaimed confidently and raised a hand. Brenda sighed as she wasn't sure it would be so easy.
"I just can't understand that he, of all people, could do such thing." She said devastated and Wodan's smile disappeared instantly. She smiled sadly and stroke Wodan's head. "He is the last person I could ever imagine doing something like that. I mean, if he could then everyone else could be a part of it too. " Brenda's eye widened as she realized what that meant.
Every single Seaway Guardian could be a traitor. There was no-one she could go to and nowhere to get help. She had to do this all by herself.

This was a bit more excitement that she had hoped for.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Jan 15 2015, 12:32 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 860
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Awards: 3

[Hope this works~ Just tell me if it doesn't and I'll edit.]

"So this is the ocean, Rai, what d'you think? Pretty nice, right? It isn't the Marchton ocean - well I guess it sort of is, since it's the same one that's in Marchton, but the beaches are different so the waves are different and things like that. I'll show you Marchton later," Lilith chirped.

She was sitting up against the wooden pillar of a dock, her legs splayed out on the soft, fine sand. Her hands played with it and she mentally reached out for Sigi before realizing he wasn't there. Her lips twisted a little.

"This sand isn't like the desert sand at all. It's all smooth, like silk or something, and the desert sand is really small but it hurts when you play with it too much - not for you, though, since you have fur."

Rai was crouched at the side of the waves, her head cocked to the side as she watches the waves roll gently in and out. She patted at the wet sand with one paw and then drew it back. Bits of spray reached up to darken the edges of her fur and glisten in the brilliant sunlight. It was past summer, but only the beginning of fall and in Seaway the weather was blue skies and warm breezes. She narrowed her eyes when a wave crashed and trotted back to Lilith, slipping under the shadows of the dock. Her cold nose nudged Lilith's arm and the Guardian stretched, arching her back like a Purrloin until it cracked.

"Time to go? We're gonna go swimming together, Rai, I promise. And it'll be fun!"

The Vulpix gave a quick glance to the ocean and her tails twitched.

"Someday," Lilith amended as she stood up, "'Kay, wanna go get some lunch?"

Rai fell into step beside her as they walked up the main street of Seaway city. The brightly painted white stone buildings rose up around them, and with her purple hair and pale skin Lilith looked like a piece of stone that had become human. She wore a loose, high-quality cloth white shirt that exposed one bare, slender shoulder to the sun. It was so big it almost worked as a dress, but plain green shorts peeked out from underneath it. They fell almost to her knees and were tied around the waist with a market-stall blue scarf to keep them from falling down. Her feet were covered by cheap straw sandals and she had a bracelet of string and shells around one hand. A small, zigzagged pattern bag was held carelessly over one shoulder.

She skipped through the crowd, a spring in her step and a smile on her face. Sometimes she'd lean down to tug at Rai's tails and grin gleefully when the Vulpix nipped lightly at her ankle in return. With her purple hair and clear, creamy skin she looked like a pampered lord's daughter or maybe a young, but well-off handler. There was nothing about her that even suggested she was an off-duty Guardian - except, perhaps, the way she beamed at the Guardians that passed by her on the street. But the way she looked at them, wary and focused even after they had stopped paying attention to her, suggested she did something very different for a living.

Lilith breathed in the fresh air and laughed, turning her face to the sky. She spun around and - stopped. There was a girl sitting on a bench underneath a few trees. She was obviously a Guardian (Lilith could recognize them easily, having lived with one all her life) but there was something about the way the sun reflected blue light off her hair that made her draw closer. Then she moved and Lilith saw her face.

Her own face lit up with a grin.

"Hey!" she greeted, darting over to sit on the bench, "Nice to see you again, Guardian - sorry, I don't remember your name, everything was kind of crazy then. But we battled in the Rose Bowl on that really awesome bridge in the Pennant Isles. I can't wait to visit for real. Is this your city? I'm Lilith Fauve, by the way, if you forgot. Oh, and this is Rai - V'nyarai. She's new."

Hearing her name, Rai jumped up onto Lilith's knees and flowed like lava over the bench until she was between her handler and the other woman. She liked her handler, but she was beginning to realize that a lot of other people didn't.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Jan 24 2015, 05:20 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

Brenda was too lost in her worries to notice a familiar present approaching, though Wodan kept a good eye on her and her vulpix. She jumped in her seat as someone suddenly talk right beside her. She stared at Lilith in disbelief not believing her eyes, not wanting to believe her eyes.
"What are you doing here!" She asked Lilith like she had no right to be here, and Wodan who had remained calm but wary, laid his hands on his scalchops as Brenda sounded rather aggressive. He had just learned not to attack right away, unless Brenda ordered him to or clearly needed his help, since he with that could destroy a lot. What it was he destroyed he wasn't sure of, but he knew it was bad.
Brenda winced almost immediately, even she could hear how bad it had sounded. She sighed and with her elbows on her knees, she rubbed her temples as all her worry had given her a small headache.
"She is not a part of it, stupid. She would just mess that up too and reveal them." She told herself, though a little part of her was still suspicious only because Cadfael, of all people, was.

"I'm sorry, that sounded harsh, I know." Brenda apologized and sent Lilith a sad smile. "I'm just a bit paranoid at the moment, but I shouldn't take it out on you." Brenda was sure she wasn't paranoid, not at all, but she said so to avoid Lilith thinking she tried to make any hurt feelings less than they perhaps was, which again could offend Lilith.

She sighed once again and forced herself to smile and be social with the disaster of guardian who had suddenly chosen to appear here. Hopefully she could get away before too long and get back to find a solution to her problem.
Wodan relaxed a bit as well and removed his hands from his weapons.

"You don't need to introduce you again Lilith."Brenda said with a smile which still didn't quite reach her eyes. "I remember you quite well from our last encounters." "Who could ever forget a crazy one like her?" Brenda thought, still smiling. "I want to be well-known, but not like her."
"My name is Brenda Shiell and yes, this is where I live and work." Brenda said with a hint in her voice, she didn't like Lilith had forgotten her name. She wanted to be well-known after all, and a start would at least be by other Guardians, especially the ones who had had the chance of having a battle with her amazing pokemon.

Brenda looked down at the vulpix beside her on the bench, but made no move to try touch her. She knew the fire fox was popular among a lot of people and she had seen plenty lounging on soft pillows in the homes of the many rich people around here. She had always thought it was a pretty pokemon, but it wasn't one she wanted herself as it was too delicate and snobby for Guardian duty.
"She is beautiful, how have you got her?" Brenda asked more to make sure Lilith wouldn't hold any grudges towards her, than actually being interested in Rai.
"I don't think you have met Wodan either?" Brenda asked when Lilith had finished answering. "I didn't bring him to our battle since he was just a hatchling back then, but he has caught up to the rest of the team quite well." She explained with a voice thick of pride, hinting how fast he had grown as he had already evolved.
Wodan smiled shyly to Brenda before he turned to Lilith and saluted her and then tried to make eye contact with Rai. If he succeeded he would give her a polite nod as greeting.

After a while Brenda sent Lilith a nervous glance and had to take a few attempts before she managed to ask her question.
"So... what are you doing here? Isn't it quite far away from where you normally are on duty?" Brenda asked and couldn't keep the suspiciously entirely out of her eyes. Wodan let a single hand slid to a scalchop as Brenda tensed a bit, and he had understood that anybody could be against them at the moment.

(ooc: much shorter than last one http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png But I need some reactions to be able to continue... And your post was perfectly fine, no problem at all!)

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Apr 11 2015, 09:50 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

Lilith blinked and leaned back a hands-breath, her eyes wide. Then they narrowed and she peered at the other woman as though she had been possessed by a ghost. Lilith had heard stories of that happening, sometimes; the Guardians had really liked to tell the story of the clever murderer who had come back as a Yamask and possessed his own victims to lure people out into the hills. They came back...but they weren't right.

How would you know if someone was possessed by a ghost, Lilith thought, and then looked up, Oh, right. They have to be dead. Well, she doesn't look dead - there's no smell, or wounds, and she's moving alright. I'm probably just paranoid 'cause they've told that story ten times now. I bet she just doesn't like me. Lots of people don't like me. I don't remember her not liking me that much, but I wasn't bothering her on her off time - and my off time - then, so that's why.

Satisfied with her explanation, Lilith leaned forward as Brenda rubbed her forehead.

"Are you hurt? If you have a headache and you've been hot and sweating for a bit, sometimes you just need water. Are you dizzy too? Do you need me to go get you some water? Rai can stay here with you just in case, Sigi's still here, he's just in his pokeball," she said, without moving any closer to the other woman.

Rai didn't move from where she had placed herself between the water pokemon and Lilith. Her fur curled in the humid heat and her tails were lifted off the bench. Then Brenda spoke.

"Oh," Lilith said, "That's alright. We've got a rough job."

Her voice was tentative and almost soft after the rush of words. She gave Brenda a small smile that barely showed her teeth, like they were sharing a secret. After the blue pokemon put down his shells, she reached out to ran a hand over Rai's fur. The Vulpix settled back into a sitting position at Lilith's touch, her tails curling around her paws.

Lilith beamed back at Brenda, her own smile crinkling her eyes into slits.

"It's nice to see you again, Guardian Shiell," she said, "Can I call you Brenda? I promise I'll remember your name this time. This is a beautiful place - well, Miramossa is beautiful too, but I miss the ocean. And everything's so colourful!"

She finished speaking and leaned back, flinging her arm over the side of the bench for support. There was an easy looseness in her shoulders and down her spine. She waited for Brenda to speak without fidgeting, although her eyes occasionally drifted from the other Guardian's face to glance over at the street. When Brenda asked about Rai, her face seemed to glow. Her grin was warm, and had an edge of ruefulness tucked in the corners.

"Rai was a gift from my lady Greene, for my showing in the Rose Bowl. You did better than me, I know - that fight was amazing, we should do it again sometime - but she thought I did well enough to have Rai. And, Rai thought I was good enough for her."

Her voice was a little lower than normal, and at the end she reached out to to rub her knuckles against the Vulpix's curls, messing them up. Rai just ducked her head, grateful to be where she was.

"No, I haven't met Wodan," Lilith replied, a high lilt in her voice, "He's a Dewott, right? My mother had one. They're pretty great pokemon and he must be really good to catch up with your team in just a few months."

She saluted Wodan back, and winked. Rai met his gaze and returned his nod just as politely. Then she glanced up at Lilith, who was making a curious face at Brenda's quietness.

"Can I ask how you get your weapons?" Rai asked, her voice soft.

She didn't tense as Wodan went for his scallop again, instead tilting her head in an odd mimicry of her handler. Her tails curled and unfurled like ribbons. Above her head, Lilith answered the question with her forehead furrowed. Something felt off about the conversation to her, but she wasn't sure it was. It wasn't like she had a lot of different conversations; most people tried to avoid talking to her.

"Oh, I'm on vacation. 'Cause we have a lot of teleporting pokemon in Miramossa, right? So when I said I wished I could go visit someplace new on my time off, one of them teleported me here. They'll pick me up later, too."

She shrugged.

"It's pretty normal for Miramossa Guardians. Like I said, Miramossa's beautiful, but it's really interesting to see other places."

[Sorry, for the lateness and Lilith is being crazy.]

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: May 1 2015, 11:27 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

Brenda dismissed Lilith's concern with a wave of her hand.
"I'm fine, no worries! As I said I'm just a bit paranoid, nothing to worry about." She brushed off Lilith's question and was relieved the other woman didn't ask her why. She had no idea what to say to her as she preferred to avoid lying to another guardian, no matter if she thought they were worthy of the title or not.
She kept leaned forward with her elbows on her knees while Lilith mentioned they had a tough job.
"A tough one indeed." She commented dryly, thinking about the dilemma she was in right now.
She glanced back at Lilith when she was smiled to, and gave a humorless one in return.

Brenda looked down the street and nodded once again.
"You can call me that, I am calling you by your first name after all, and I expect you would have protested if you had any trouble with it?" She half asked without looking at Lilith. She didn't expected to get an answer since she was sure she already knew what it would be.
"Seaway is a really beautiful city yes and I'm happy to work here, though there are bad heads in every exeggcute group." She said mysteriously still not looking at Lilith, clearly not telling her something.
"It is all the rich folks who wants the colors, they can be quite demanding but it makes the City really pretty and with so many Guardians around here, most rogues are staying away."
She listened politely to Lilith's story about Rai without really being interested in it, and she was a bit disappointed Lilith didn't ask about how she herself got Wodan, but had no problem hiding it as she could boast a bit about him anyway.
"We have trained hard and he has really come a long way." She said just as proudly as before and Wodan looked bashfully down, not used to so much praise.
"Held you chin high Wodan." Brenda ordered him with a smile before she turned to listen to Lilith explanation on why she was here.
Vacation. That wasn't usually something Brenda thought much about, since she mostly got bored if they were too long. She had spent too much time walking around in circles at home to appreciate free time which you could fill with your own interests.
Her excuse sounded valid enough, but it was mostly because Brenda thought so little of Lilith, that she finally decided the other Guardian probably wasn't a part of Cadfael's part time job.

Wodan raised his reddish chins as Brenda asked him to do and shot a surprised glance at Rai when she asked him about his weapons.
"My scalchops?" He asked and placed a hand on one of them again. "I have always had them, I was born with them." He started hesitantly but quickly continued.
"No, that is not true. I only had one when I hatched, but I think it split into too when I evolved! It was pretty hard to learn to use two instead of one your see." He continued and grinned to her. "There is suddenly twice as much to think of and it is pretty hard but Brenda says I will get the hand of it and.." He stopped abruptly, realizing he probably had said too much already.
"I mean, she did say that when we started training.." He attempted to save his error but failed.
"Don't you have any weapons?" He quickly asked to change topic, even though it was pretty clear the four legged vulpix didn't carry anything that looked like scalchops.

"Well, we'll better get on our way so you can enjoy your vacation undisturbed." Brenda said cheerfully and clapped her thighs.
"Come on Wodan, we better continue our patrolling. See you around Lilith." Brenda said hurrying to avoid Lilith would join her. Who knew what disasters that would bring?
She gestured to Wodan who quickly saluted Rai and Lilith before he ran after her.

They didn't get far before Brenda stopped dead in her tracks and stared suspiciously at a man she thought looked familiar. Was he one of Cadfael's partners? The man spotted her uniform and hurried away, only confirming Brenda he was doing something he wasn't supposed to do.
"Be quiet and don't stare at anybody." Brenda whispered to Wodan as they gave chase by walking calmly down the road after him. None of them were very good at acting unsuspicious and they got a lot of curious glances from passerby, which too made their target hurry even more and acting nervous.
He disappeared into a, after Seaway standards, shaggy inn and Brenda stopped at a corner nearby. What to do now? How to get in and see what he was doing without being recognized or walk into a trap? She was well aware she wouldn't get any information if she walked into the inn in her uniform, but she didn't want to leave in the fear he would sneak out and get away.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 29 2015, 10:26 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

[Hmm, I wonder if we could throw some common pokemon into this freeform with the new update. Also, more apologies for being late. You're wonderful, Min <3]

Lilith served wildly between being easily distracted and having an extremely narrowed focus, so it was for the best that nothing else interesting happened while Brenda was talking. The street beside them was quiet, no clouds passed over the sun, the wind stayed gentle and breezy. Lilith stared at Brenda, and her eyes narrowed slightly.

Something isn't right, she thought, Brenda isn't sick, but there's something wrong. She's tired, or scared, or suspicious. She really likes Wodan, which is normal, he's her pokemon, so that's nothing to do with it, that's just a distraction. And she isn't explaining things, she seems like an explaining type and she's smiling at me - I don't think she even likes me.

The Guardian face crinkled up as she thought, but she talked at the same time. She didn't say anything important or interesting; most of it was of the 'Yeah, that's really awesome' variety. Still, it provided a kind of smokescreen for her feelings - if Brenda thought she was stupid enough to need to think about saying words like that. More likely, Brenda just ignored her odd behaviour (Lilith was almost nothing but odd behaviour, after all) and got on with her life.

Rai politely ignored the Dewott's stammering, though it was clear from the twitching of her whiskered muzzle that she had noticed it and was probably laughing on the inside. When she spoke, however, every trace of amusement was gone from her voice. Battling was serious.

"No, not really. I have my teeth and claws, but that's all. My older sister could use her tails to create whips of fire," she offered, and brought her own tails up in a playful salute as Wodan left.

Lilith bright chirped back goodbyes and nice-to-see-you-agains to Brenda and waved as they left. Then she leaned down and rested her chin on top of Rai's head.

"They left kinda fast," Lilith mumbled.

The Vulpix did not say 'A lot of people do that when you're around' if only because it wasn't a good idea to make a habit of insulting her Guardian out loud. But she did think it.

"I mean," she continued thoughtfully, "If Brenda was upset with me about something, I think she would've told me about it. A lot. My mother's lieutenant was like that, just never stopped talking about how I'd shamed her name and why that was so bad and how what I'd done was horrible, sorta more ranting than talking really. Brenda seems a bit like that. So, we should follow her."

Rai blinked. That wasn't exactly where she had expected Lilith to do, but she still ducked out of the Guardian's embrace and slid to the ground. It won't hurt Brenda. And it will help us practice our trailing skills. If something sensitive happens, I'll just pull Lilith away, she thought, and nodded to herself. She looked up at Lilith and felt a rush of warmth run through her. It was good to be doing something useful, if not exactly practical.

Lilith stretched off the bench, yawning and not bothering to cover it. She slunk after Brenda, her shoulders slumped and her arms crossed over her chest. She puffed air into her cheeks to make it look like she was pouting, and dragged her feet. No one on the street gave her much more than a second glance; sulky young 'adults' weren't particularly uncommon. She did get a few curious once-overs of her hair.

It might've been harder to keep up with Brenda, but the Guardian stood with her back straight and her feet practically stepped in time. She was easy to pick out from the crowd, and even if she wasn't, Lilith could see how the crowd moved differently around the other Guardian, shifting to look at her and staying out of her way. She was also walking very - not slowly, but like she wasgoing in a very specific direction. But she keeps changing directions, Lilith thought, Why's she doing that? Where's she going? It can't just be home or something, right? She's moving like she's searching for something - I wish Sigi was here, he'd be able to see over all of this and tell me what's happening.

The Sigilyph was with her, of course, and her hands even moved to brush his pokeball. Then she sighed heavily enough to ruffle her bangs. Sigi could create an illusion to hide himself while he flew, but he couldn't make one when she released him. And Sigilyph are kinda rare, I don't know if someone will remember him, which is bad for trailing. Or someone might want to steal him - not that they ever could, she thought, looking over at Rai.

The Vulpix fit almost perfectly into the city. She slid around bread and meat stands until the owner noticed and aimed a kick, then she scurried off quickly. She darted around corners and pressed up against walls, her eyes always on the people that passed her and never Lilith.

She could've been a street 'mon, Lilith thought, breaking cover to smile, Well, except her fur is too nice and she's too well-fed, but it's still pretty good. Oh - Brenda's stopped.

The Guardian stood at the corner of a road, staring at an inn down the road. She wasn't really looking behind her, and Lilith's inner Mew gave her a poke. She traded a glance with Rai (who was pretending to bite at her tails like they itched) and then her posture shifted. The sulky, graceless slump faded and turned into a smooth, almost relaxed look. It was lucky there weren't many people on the road and that they were more interested in their conversation than Lilith's change in behaviour.

The purple-haired girl crept towards Brenda. She moved normally, a step-step-step almost like walking except she kept all her weight on her back foot, only shifting it when her first foot was flat against the ground. Then she repeated the exercise. She stopped when she was a few feet away, close enough to be heard but far enough that a sudden swing of Brenda's sword wouldn't hit her - Lilith had learned as a child that surprising Guardians could sometimes be painful. Rai circled around to her back.

"Hey, what're you doing?"

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Nov 7 2015, 05:47 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

(I have always thrown in a lot of uncatchable pokemon just to have some more to play with. I can see with the rule of Ubiquitous pokemon, you can spawn and catch them in freeforms, but we have always been able to make some up to battle or interact with anyway.. Are you interested in getting tempted with a common ubi-something pokemon? http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/30.png)

Brenda did not react on the bit odd expressions Lilith had, she was too worried about her problem to care, and even if she had had, she would just have ignored it simply because it was Lilith who was making them. It was Lilith, what else would you expect from her? Brenda would just be happy she only made stupid faces and not something like hitting dragons with snow or jumping injured around on swinging bridges!

Lilith didn't have to sneak after Brenda, not if her only goal was to Brenda not to notice her as the other Guardian walked without looking back a single time. Had she looked back, she probably wouldn't have noticed her anyway.

The inn itself was close to the end of the street and the docks were visible from where Brenda stood. It meant there would be plenty of sailors inside, a good place for smugglers to find someone willing to earn a bit of extra by taking some unregistered goods with them onboard. The inn was leaning up against the house it was built up against, but on the other side there was a narrow alley, which would make it for an easy way to the back and the suspected backdoor.
It was rare the inns didn't have a backdoor and Brenda was well aware she would somehow need to cover both doors while trying to figure out what the man was up to. Usually that would be a task for more than one Guardian at a time, but Brenda could for obviously reasons not get help from others.
She stood for a few moments as she tried to come up with different tactics which could solve her problem, but where it was easy enough to figure out how to get her pokemon to cover the doors and to warn her should the suspect leave the inn, she had no idea on how to enter without getting recognized instantly. That was the bane for a good renowned Guardian.

Brenda jumped when someone suddenly asked her what she was doing and she spun around shield raised and hand on her axe. Wodan, who had been just as startled, and leaped forward to intercept with drawn scalchops only to make a sliding stop when he recognized them.
"What are you doing!?" Brenda hissed furiously as she glanced around to see if there was anyone looking. There were people around, but not many at the moment and they haven't attracted any attention.
"Do you have idea that you jeopardized everything by doing something like that, don't you ever think?" She continued before she collected herself and looked worried back at the inn, while she hoped they wasn't watching them through the greasy windows.
"No I guess you wouldn't," Brenda said and would cut off whatever Lilith was saying, if she was saying anything, "but to make up for it you can help me."
"A man went into that inn and I need to know what he is doing and whom he is talking to. They don't know you, so you should be able for you. The man has brown hair and a broken nose, dressed like a typical sailor and wearing an oilskin cape. He was acting very nervously." Brenda said and looked around to be sure there was no-one around to see as she took a step backwards to be further hidden by the corner of the building before she called Camellia out.
"Wodan, explain her what is going on," Brenda ordered before she talked to Lilith again. "I'm sending Camellia with you to act like one of your pokemon, but find another nickname for her as she is fairly well known by the Seaways Guardians," Brenda told Lilith without explaining further.
"And Lilith, there is more in this than meets the eye, so... don't mess it up," Brenda said almost pleadingly.

Wodan was looking rather clueless as Camellia turned to look questioningly at him.
"I.. she.." He stammered, not sure what was really going on.
"What are we going to do right now?" Camellia asked him gently.
"I.. think she wants you to act like the other human's pokemon and find the man we were following," Wodan said hesitantly.
"And why do you think we need to find him? What has he done?" Camellia asked, sounding like she had all the time in the world.
"Perhaps he has something to do with the Guardian who was talking with the thieves earlier. I think he is a bad man and..." Wodan started but was interrupted by Camellia who exclaimed, "a Guardian? Count me in!"

"Whoa! Control your pokemon!" Brenda exclaimed as Camellia stepped towards Lilith and therefore got in between them. Camellia turned to glare at Brenda, who gestured to Liltih.
"Now, clear the street. I haven't heard of The Sailing Duck and I cannot help you find it. Go ask someone at the docks, they know the ships," She ordered and waited until Lilith had moved out of hearing range, hopefully towards the inn.
"What is it with you?" Brenda would ask the shroomish, who was still standing and glaring at her, before she crouched. "Good Cam, I need you to make sure Lilith isn't screwing this up and to make sure she isn't working with Cadfael too. If she is, then you need to tell me what they are doing, got it?" Brenda whispered, before she gestured with both hands to her, to get moving.
Camellia turned and trotted after Lilith. This sounded interesting. She was quite pleased about attempting to destroy whatever a Guardian was doing, and she was on top of that, even going to act like a mentor to a human!
She had no trouble behaving like she was Lilith's pokemon, though she had intention behaving any different than she usually did towards Brenda. Of course Rai perhaps could be a problem, fire type and all, but they didn't know her double role and as long as she didn't attack Lilith directly she should be fine.

Brenda called out Gunvor and ordered to stay at the corner and tell Brenda of everyone leaving the inn by the front door, before she hurried down the alley with Wodan in the hope of finding a backdoor. Too late she realized she hadn't made any arrangements with Lilith on what to do, when they knew what the man was up to. If he was working with Cadfael, they couldn't really be seen together.
She pushed it away from her thoughts and hoped it would solve itself when they needed it, she couldn't do anything about it now anyway.
The alley were surprisingly clean and a few rattatas bolted away when she entered. Brenda ignored them, while Wodan kept an eye on them as they had jumped into a hole in the wall of the inn. He knew it was his job to protect them from wild pokemon.
The inn building was much longer than Brenda had expected and another house was built right next to it, leaving no room to an easy way to a backyard and a backdoor. There were no doors visible in the alley, not even in the other building, and only a few small windows high up.
Now what?

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Dec 25 2016, 12:02 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

[gonna try to get this rolling again. merry christmas! also I don't really remember what we're doing here, so tell me if you need me to edit anything]

Lilith grinned at Brenda's reaction, childish glee spread over her face. Rai made a nearly silent sigh. But when Brenda mentioned jeopardizing everything, Lilith tilted her head to one side and shifted her weight to the balls of her feet. She followed the other Guardian's gaze to the inn's window and the edge of her mouth turned down - they were so greasy. And what's Brenda doing here? Her patrol wouldn't take her through an inn.

She smiled when Brenda said she could help, half excited, half relieved. Older Guardians sometimes visited inns for information, and some Guardians with backgrounds in the streets would see old friends, but she was sure Brenda wasn't one of those - or at least she'd never admit to it. And she was too young to go into an inn for information alone. Lilith never considered that she was too young to fish for information in an inn far from home.

"Alright, I'll definitely help," she said cheerfully, "Brown hair, broken nose, sailor, oilskin cloak."

Even Rai was curious, her dark eyes fixed on Brenda's face. Her tails lashed lightly when Brenda said her pokemon was "well-known". She had never liked Guardians who puffed themselves up. Of course, it would still be a good idea to change the pokemon's name. It was always best to be careful.

"I'll do my best," Lilith replied, and beamed down at Camilla, "You can be Barley - "

She was cut off as Brenda started talking about controlling her pokemon. Picking up on how the other woman was distancing herself from her, Lilith's face went as dark as a stormcloud. She tossed her hair and held her chin high like an offended Rapidash, and her response to Brenda mainly consisted of "a pox on the family that birthed you and your pokemon that were clearly bred in muck and trained little better than a side-show (this wasn't actually an insult, Lilith thought, because side-show pokemon were actually trained pretty well, but it sounded good) - "

Her words faded into muttering as she walked away, shoulders hunched up and her steps short and more of stomps than anything else. Rai followed her Guardian, but her quick, neat trot was not in evidence. Instead she walked with a slinking glide, ears back, carefully keeping in Lilith's shadow. Camilla would catch up just as they found the entrance of the inn.

"I need a drink," Lilith said, a little louder, and strode into the inn.

It didn't look much better on the inside than it did on the outside. Five cheap wood tables were scattered across the room, one with only three legs and all with scratches and dents. The floor was so dark Lilith couldn't even tell it was wood or dirt. A man was smoking something in the corner and it made the whole place smell sickly sweet. She could almost taste the scent of old sweat and salt. The man Brenda had described was sitting at a table near the bar. She didn't look at him, but she gave the whole room a doubtful sweep with her eyes, looked behind her, and then let her shoulders slump. A merchant's girl who really wants a drink, she told herself, walking to the bar, That's all I am.

And she did kinda want a drink, she realized as she ordered a one from the bartender with a gold earring so large Lilith could've easily put her hand through it. It was, she decided, unfair that she couldn't drink it. She did take a sip when he brought it to her - surprisingly quickly - and her face melted into pleasant surprise. Huh. It's not bad. It's actually pretty good. Maybe that's why Brenda's guy came here.

The stool she was sitting on didn't wobble too much, either. She braced herself on the bar with one arm and brought the ale to her mouth with the other. Rai was sitting by her stool, Camilla was there, and the target was - talking to someone. An older woman with a blue scarf wrapped around her neck like a Dratini. She had rings on all her fingers, but her eyes were cool and calm, and she didn't wear earrings. Rings weren't too much of an problem in a fight, but necklaces could be used to strangle and earrings could be twisted; Lilith's mother never wore jewellery. The woman didn't wear anything around her neck either. Lilith tried to see if she had any hidden weapons.

The woman looked up and met Lilith's eyes. Lilith felt a jolt run through her. She didn't know if it was fear or excitement. She smiled. When the woman didn't look away, she slid off her stool and went over to them like it'd been an invitation.

"You've got really nice rings," she said, beaming, "Madam."

"You want to play with rogues?" she asked back, polite and edged.

But Lilith couldn't stop from lighting up a bit, leaning forward and straightening up. Playing with rogues was the best - she was definitely excited. There were rogues involved in Brenda's task, and how interesting was that?

The woman laughed, easy, and the man joined in after a second.

"Go home, kid."

"But - " she started, and then just kept talking, "But it's so boring, I don't want to go home. No one lets me do anything. They all treat me like I'm just a child 'cause I messed up this one thing once and it was kinda important I guess but I just want to do something - "

"You want to do something?"

That was the man, and Lilith frantically nodded. She could feel her heart pounding in her ears. Was this where they'd catch her out? Say in that deep voice "How about you die?" and stab her with a poisoned dagger?

But he just smiled.

"Come by the west docks, block 8, tomorrow at sunset. If you can help me, I'll make sure you have plenty to do," he said.

Lilith's eyes widened. Maybe she'd really done it.

"Shoo, kid," the woman said blandly, "Find another inn."

She did, absentmindedly carrying her drink right out with her until the bartender yelled. Then she winced, waved, drank it in one giant gulp, and set it on a table. When she got outside she wondered at how easy everything had been. She wasn't a good actor - she didn't think she was a good actor. So maybe they were watching her to see what she'd do. She couldn't talk to Brenda because she was a Guardian. How am I supposed to tell her what I learned then? she thought, and took a slow path down towards the beach. Maybe an idea would come to her on the way.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 01:49 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

Camellia trotted after Lilith and Rai while she wondered why this girl wanted to help Brenda, perhaps she just thought she did a good deed by helping a Guardian? Camellia snorted, if she just knew she would probably run away screaming.
She didn't hurry at all and with her small chubby legs she rarely moved very fast, but she still had caught up with them as they were ready to enter.
The inside was not pleasant in her opinion, she couldn't understand that some people would live like this. The shroomish was a forest pokemon and loved the outdoors, and even though her former handler had been a thief he had only been a child, and she had never been in an inn like this before. She trotted after the two others and looked around disgusted as Lilith sat down at got herself something to drink.
"What is this disgusting place?" Camellia asked Rai and glared at the old woman as she stepped closer. She wanted to ask Rai about more of their goals, but she didn't dare to do it since you'd never know who would be listening and some pokemon could talk with humans. She wanted to let this Guardian pay for what had happened to her real handler and she wouldn't be able to do that, if she talked too much and revealed them.
Camellia wasn't sure if she could feel any tension in the air or not, but she still glared at the newcomers, they could be Guardians for all she knew.
She was relieved at Lilith said the course out of the door, though she hadn't understood all that had happened, she had understood that about the dock and sunset and that the number probably was important as well, though she didn't saw the connection with the rest. She was not a wild pokemon after all.

Camellia pushed past Lilith and Rai to be the first one out when the door was opened, and she took a deep breath and enjoyed the sunshine. She noticed a girafarig who stood relaxing at the corner of the inn, not paying them any attention and when Gunvor made a mental contact with her, she happily gave the information about the docks and the sunset.
The shroomish stretched what was possible of her little body and then ran around, being happy just being outside. The girafarig turned a lazy eye at her, before sighing and ignoring them again, while Camellia continued with her outburst of happy energy.
~~~

Brenda had no problem looking offended by Lilith's comment and she didn't know much about side-shows, but it was of course only for show what Lilith had said and Brenda quickly got a bit of a haughty look, she was better than joining a verbal mud-throwing war.

When Lilith had entered the inn and Gunvor was placed on the corner with her orders, Brenda's hunt for a backdoor began, and soon proved to be fruitless. Brenda looked at where the inn's building ended and the next house started with a frown, she guessed the door was probably on the other side and once again missed a flying pokemon who could quickly check things out for her.
As Gunvor kept an eye on the front door, Brenda decided she would try find a way through the back alleys to find the back of the building and she hurried off with Wodan hurrying after. The small streets didn't have any that lead to be other side of the inn, which made little sense to Brenda, but she decided she had wasted enough time and went back to her original spot. Perhaps the inn really had no backdoor and was surrounded by other houses?
She looked up at the few windows and wondered if that was their emergency exit since that didn't seem very effective.
"Come here Wodan, stand on my shoulders and try see if you can see anything through that window" Brenda said and lifted him up, but the window were still too high up.
"I'm going to try throw you, hold on," Brenda said and did so despite Wodan's surprised protests. He barely managed to catch a glimpse at the greasy window before he fell down again, and straight into Brenda's arms.
He sighed relieved, happy to be able to count on her.
"Did you see anything?" She asked and he shook his head.
She was ready to throw him again when window opened and a man looked suspiciously at her.
"Can I help you with anything?" He called down to her and Brenda quickly put Wodan on the ground and faced the man while making sure he could see her Guardian sign.
"Yes, you could tell me if the inn has another door than the front one," She said calmly and the man looked at her like she was crazy.
"No, what should it use that for?" He said and closed the window grumbling something she couldn't hear. Brenda wasn't sure she believed him, but she couldn't do much about it.

"It's actually weird Gunvor hasn't contacted me yet, let's go check up on her," Brenda thought aloud and returned to the girafarig, who looked like she was half asleep.
"Has he left?" Brenda mumbled and Gunvor yawned heartily, before she sent Brenda a mental list with all the humans and pokemon who had left the inn in the short time, including Lilith though the man hadn't been seen.
"He must still be in there then," Brenda mumbled and was annoyed that Lilith had left him behind instead of sticking close and learn what he was up to.
Gunvor then sent a picture of the Seaway docks, a ship sailing towards the sunset and Camellia running in a distinguish 8-pattern. Brenda frowned and looked at the sky, it was getting close to sunset was something going to happen there soon? Brenda tried to get more information out of Gunvor, but didn't get anything new only an increasingly headache.

Brenda looked hesitantly at the inn's door for a bit but in reality she had already made her choice. She was not going to miss something at the docks that could be important, to camp an inn where people could be drinking all night for a guy she wasn't even sure had anything to do with it.
"You'd better be right!" Brenda growled to Lilith as she recalled Gunvor and hurried towards the docks.

As they reached the docks a new problem arrived as Seaway Citys harbor area was quite big and evening was arriving fast, so she had to hurry to guess where exactly the thing was going to happen.
"Sunset, sunset at the docks and something about eight, eight, eight, eight," Brenda mumbled as she looked around to try get the things to fit with what Gunvor had showed her.
"Dammit, sunset is soon, and none of the boats look like it, and.." Brenda hesitated, perhaps the ship's direction was what had been important in the picture?
"West? West at sunset?" Brenda said hesitantly and decided she didn't have time to waste and broke into a run.
Brenda roamed the docks, keeping as well hidden as possible, until long after the sun had set and she disgruntled had to accept that she was too late and she sat down with her back against one of the storage buildings and let herself become consumed by her disappointment.

If nothing happened Brenda would at some point pull herself together and head home, where she would call out Gunvor and try scold her for the lack of information, which only lead to Gunvor giving her a bad headache when the woman tried to force her to communicate with her.
Her father would notice and ask what was wrong, and when he heard the story (the part Brenda dared to share, she said nothing about Cadfael), her father remarked that the inn probably was built together with the surrounding houses and the man she had been looking for would be far away by now.
As she made a disappointed grimace he helped her try understand what little information she had and pointed out that nothing had mentioned that it had been this night, but could be the next sunset, or the one after that. He also helped giving her options on the number 8, as it could be the in "The eight-headed dotrio", The block number 8 or the 8 trees there were at the edge of the harbor. It could also be a ship with the number eight in it, but she would have to ask around to learn if any of those where in the harbor at the moment.
It would be a much more reassured Brenda who would head to bed and she even went as far as apologizing to Gunvor, it was probably Lilith who had given the vague instructions.
She would set out early the next day to prepare for sunset.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: May 7 2017, 05:30 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

Rai kept close to the Shroomish, not quite trusting the new pokemon. She found the tavern to have a somewhat unpleasant smell of old sweat, ale, and a faint hint of blood. But she appreciated the floor, which was packed dust, sand and dirt over soft wood. The Vulpix was used to the dirt paths and grass of Miramossa and the well-cobbled streets of Seaway made her paws hurt.

"It's a place where humans poison themselves and act strange," Rai said, her voice softer and more drawling than normal. It wouldn't fool anyone who'd heard her speak before, but she thought it added a bit of bored sulkiness to her tone if any pokemon were listening in. She could see a few from her vantage point on the ground, a Marill with her face tucked into her handler's skirt and a Zigzagoon seemingly passed-out underneath a table. And there'd been at least three bird pokemon perched on their handlers' shoulders she'd seen as they entered the tavern.

She eased towards Lilith's bar stool, and was half-annoyed and half-pleased when their target called Lilith over before she could lie down. She trailed after her Guardian, ready to back her up in case of trouble, but everything seemed to be going well. As they left the tavern Rai felt a little wistful; she'd just gotten used to the scent.

The Vulpix was prepared to slip away and tell one of Brenda's pokemon about the meeting, although she hesitated to do it. She didn't want to leave Lilith alone with a pokemon Rai wasn't sure could protect her Guardian. But Brenda had apparently thought ahead unlike Lilith so she could stay and watch over Lilith. Rai mentally thanked the other Guardian (she was sure Lilith would find some trouble to get into if she left, never-mind if it was likely or not) and bounded forward to catch up with Lilith.

---

Lilith caught sight of the Girafarig outside the tavern and shrugged. So that was how Brenda was going to keep in contact with her. She guessed it would work fine, though she wasn't sure about how well a Girafarig blended in.

She wasn't sure if anyone was following her - she didn't think they'd waste much time making sure she could be trusted, but then she wasn't sure exactly what Brenda had gotten into. So she decided it'd be safest to just enjoy herself, and that was exactly what she did. She spent the rest of the day at the beach, swimming and trying to lure Rai into the water (the Vulpix declined, but did soak her paws in a small tide pool). She also tried to lure the Shroomish in, cheerfully calling the little pokemon "Barley" and keeping a close eye on her if she did venture into the water.

After the sun set she bought some fried food on a stick - even fruit! - from a vendor for her, Rai, and the Shroomish. Then she rented a relatively cheap room at an inn and went to sleep, only regretting that she couldn't release Sigi so he could enjoy the city too. I'll just have to come back later, she promised herself.

The morning and afternoon of the next day passed in much the same manner. Lilith wandered the shore and the city, bought food from street vendors, and often coddled Rai who made a pretense of enjoying it instead of subtly trying to slip away like she did at home. The highlight was a visit to the famous lighthouse, where Lilith bounced up every one of the steps to meet the Ampharos at the top and press her face up against the glass windows that overlooked the sea.

Before the sun could set Lilith headed towards block 8 of the west docks, careful to have her shoes laced securely and to keep Rai close to her. She found it, a relatively small loading area next to a long dock. There was already a large ship at the dock, floating gently in the water. Lilith squinted at it, but there didn't seem to be any guards on deck.

"Ah, you're early."

Lilith spun around to face the man from the inn, who gave her an easy smile.

"Yeah, I mean, I didn't want to be late or anything," she said brightly, smiling back, "What're we doing?"

"We're going to steal everything valuable from that ship you just scooped out, and take it right back to my lady friend," he said, her voice as mild as though he was commenting on the weather. There was something a little strained to it, but Lilith couldn't place what it was.

"But what about the guards?" she asked, honestly baffled, "Ship captains post guards, don't they?"

"You're not from Seaway, are you?"

She shook her head.

"Marchton."

"Well. In Marchton ships' captains might post their own guards, but in Seaway they rely on the Guardians to keep their treasures safe from any old rogue, and they pay a fee to the Order to keep them from taking anything. Normally a Guardian patrol would be along soon - they keep their times relatively random - but tonight they've been diverted."

Lilith listened attentively. She'd never heard a rogue explain their plan to her before, and it was really interesting. She was impressed at how neat the plan was, making it seem like some common thieves just managed to slip through the Guardian's patrol or the Order decided that the fee they were being paid wasn't enough. She guessed Brenda was probably interested in the Guardian helping out the thieves, but she wasn't sure how to ask about them without being suspicious. And she'd need to be really careful about that, because she knew a lot of the time the Guardian Captains just wanted to know which Guardians were crooked, not to get rid of them. Her mother had once spent a whole two hours explaining why she'd kept a crooked Guardian around for half a decade (her name was Haley, and Lilith'd liked her) and Lilith hadn't really understood but she remembered it.

"So, they don't have any guards?" she asked, "My mom'll be really mad if I get caught doing something like this."

"None at all," he assured her, "And the rewards are very nice. After our inside man gets a cut, we'll split everything sixty-forty - since you're still new at this."

Lilith didn't think stealing things from a unwatched ship was very hard, but she didn't say that. Instead she crossed her arms, giving him her best "I'm not a fool" look.

"It is a really good deal. So why are you giving it to me?" she asked, because she couldn't ask about the "inside man" but she felt filled up with questions and she had to ask something. She wanted to continue and demand if he was going to ditch her for the Guardians (she definitely wanted to avoid that because she didn't even know how to tell other Guardians she was undercover) but she'd learned as a child that it was easier to lie if she didn't say very much.

"My other partner...left very suddenly. We had a shipment tonight and I didn't want to miss it, and you were there. But if this works out well I'm sure we could work together again," he said, warmly enough.

Lilith gave him a vaguely suspicious look like she remembered the rogue kids giving her, and then held out her hand to shake like merchants did. He shook, his skin was rough and faintly damp. He seemed amused by it, his eyes crinkling up in a smile.

Then they got to work. Lilith had always thought being a thief would be hard, involving lots of skill and careful timing, but this was as easy as unloading a ship. She was told to "act normal" so she did, pretending she was just helping her uncle with his goods when he came back to Marchton. Rai watched her for a bit and then stretched out over a pile of rope, lazily drinking up the last rays of the sun. She wasn't sure what was in the boxes she carried down to the little boat, but she didn't bother looking at it. Her co-thief seemed relaxed, striding easily across the ship and occasionally clapping a hand over her shoulder like she was a favoured young apprentice. Lilith guessed she kinda was, though she wouldn't've trusted this man to teach her about being a rogue. Anyone who thought they could cross both the Order and the Guardians was a fool. Besides, she thought, looking up at the setting sun, this is really boring. Why would anyone want to be a thief if it's just like regular work?

Hopefully she'd get to meet the crooked Guardian when he took his cut and then she could tell the other Seaway Guardians who to watch out for. Until then, she worked - with the muscles she had from Guardian training, it wasn't too hard. They were only taking the most valuable crates anyway, though Lilith had no idea how the thief knew which ones those were.

[Alright, I think we're near the end now? I was thinking it's like this:

Cadfael = inside man, gets a cut of the profit without much risk 'cause everyone'll blame the thieves.
Lady at the tavern = she sells everything they steal and pays them in gold for what they've taken.
Thieves = not professional rogues ('cause they'd have to get paid a lot more to cross the Order) but more down-on-their-luck men that Cadfael finds. The man's partner is the one who screwed up the first time and Cadfael probably killed him for it.

Let me know if you have any questions about what I've written!]

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 07:45 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:

Camellia huffed at Rai’s response, it only added to her discomfort at this weird place. Perhaps there were more bad people than the Guardians? She did notice how Rai stayed close to her and guessed the reason, but it didn’t bother her as she didn’t trust either of them either. She would trust Rai more than she trusted Lilith though.

At the beach Camellia watched suspiciously as Lilith splashed around in the water, not understanding what the young woman were doing. She had been at the beach before but the only ones she had seen splashing around was youngsters and water types, so what was Lilith trying to do? And why did she want her to join?
She enjoyed the time with them when they got food. It wasn’t a thing Brenda usually did so it was a rare treat and it made her warm up a little bit more to the human and the vulpix, who’s company she quickly learned to enjoy. Camellia would attempt to have several conversations with Rai about who the vulpix was and had done until now, about the city life around them and things that seemed to interest Rai.

Camellia didn’t say much when they went to the harbor again and just trotted after Lilith and Rai and acted like a grouchy shroomish who didn’t like the world. She glared at the man and looked suspiciously at what they were doing until she found a corner where she could be easily overlooked and avoid backstabbing.

~~~

Brenda on the other hand didn’t have time to relax as she needed to figure out where it was going to happen, where she was going to expose Cadfael of his treason and bring him to justice. One thing was thieves who did their evil deeds, but one who pretended to be a Guardian was much worse, Brenda thought, mostly because it shook her world view of good and bad, and revealed she may not be able to trust all Guardians.
As the day before had been fruitless, Brenda may only have had until sunset to set something up. She would rather be ready too soon that too late.
Her first priority was to figure out what that number 8 could mean and she went to talk with some of the sailors and leaders of the harbor, who were up early as well. She quickly got things narrowed down as there were no ships currently in the harbor with the number 8 in it. The man she asked looked at her like she was trying to insult him, as ships didn’t have silly names like that, only inns did. And only one inn at the docks had a name that could fit, the one Jarl her father had mentioned the night before.
Brenda went to talk with the owner as the next stop but it quickly seemed unlikely to her that it should be the target. It had a few tough looking guards and was proud of its good reputation to be willing to risk it with shady business. The innkeeper thanked her for the warning and promised he would make sure nothing happened here.
Then she was down to the Block 8 at the docks or the 8 trees, but Brenda was pretty sure it wasn’t the trees and it was a risk she would have to take. She scouted the area at the block but didn’t find anything out of the ordinary.

As she walked back towards the Guardian’s barracks to try find someone she could trust, she tried to guess whom she could trust and who she couldn’t. She felt sure about her parents, but feared it could be used against her if she involved them. Cadfael or others could claim that they were ganging up against him for their own gain. She sighed as she realized how paranoid this had made her.
She decided that it would be best to contact some who didn’t have much to do with each other or Cadfael, to minimize the risk of them being involved in something themselves.

”Brenda! Good to see you, how are you?!” A way too familiar voice greeted her a bit too loudly and Brenda tensed for a moment, before she turned to face Cadfael with a smile.
"Hi Cadfael, I’m fine. I was just out to enjoy the harbors during the morning," Brenda said cheerfully and found the lie awful but it seemed like Cadfael bought it.
”Can’t stay away from patrolling, huh?” He teased her, a still a bit loud as he winked, ”we can always trust you to have an eye out for injustice, but I do agree that it is a lovely morning. There is something special with the sea in the early morning, I never grow tired of it either,” Cadfael continued and looked dreamingly at the sky. Brenda’s smiled became more a grimace and she looked down to get control of herself, while she hoped it looked like she just got embarrassed.
”I won’t keep you for any longer, besides my aunt is waiting for me, she has some trouble with a business partner and I’m going to help her checkup that he is keeping his side of the deal. You know, you finally has a day of and your family immediately demands you to spend it all with them.” he laughed and Brenda managed to laugh with him.
”See you later, and I hope you will get something more interesting to do that patrols Brenda, no matter how lovely the mornings in Seaway,”[/b] Cadfael said his goodbyes and Brenda raised a hand as her goodbye.
[color=royalblue]"If you knew.."
Brenda mumbled to herself as she continued.

She didn’t get far before a loud whispering from an alley caught her attention. It was some rough looking guys who were hiding badly in a doorway and whispered furiously about a heist they were planning that very evening around sunset, around Block 2.
Brenda thought it was a curious coincidence and that the thieves was a bunch of noobs. Others who passed her on the street frowned and cast worried glances towards the whispering guys who clearly hadn’t noticed the error yet.
Well, it would only make the job easier for the Guardians. Brenda glanced backwards to see if Cadfael was still there, but he was already gone and Brenda sighed as it was then up to her to report it to the Captain. It would be much better to catch them in action, that would avoid them being able to talk them out of it and claim they had only been only joking.

Back at the barracks she reported the planned robbery to the assistant and asked who was going to be on patrols in which areas of the city. She had realized that she could try make an agreement with someone who was patrolling nearby, whom she could call if needed.
She found and talked with Senior Guardians Alfred, Susan and Robert “Rob”, who were leading different patrols around in the area and all agreed to try come if Brenda called them. While she talked with Rob, Brenda realized she didn’t have to reveal to any of them, that she was after Cadfael but only that she had heard about a heist at the docks and that she may needed the help, but that she wasn’t sure it was happening tonight.
She talked with her mother Pia and borrowed her delibird to use as messenger so she could warn the other Guardians.

~~~

Brenda returned to the docks in good time and strolled around the area in civil near the right area. She got a few curios looks as she had brought her trusty axe and a buckler. She tried to imagine what was going to happen and how she would solve it, most of them involved heroic fighting or Lilith messing up in some way, that would destroy it all.
When the time neared Brenda spotted Lilith and followed her in a distance, while trying to look casual. As they reached the docks Brenda stayed out of sight and found a place to hide, where she could watch unnoticed. A wagon stood beside one of the warehouses and was perfect for Brenda to crouch behind and watch.

She wasn’t expecting what she saw and got quite confused about it. It really looked like Lilith were working as regular deck helper and were unloading the ship, not like it was thieves who was on the move.
For a moment Brenda wondered if Lilith had misunderstood something and had been hired for manual labor! Perhaps even had wanted Brenda to join in!
That is was getting dark and only those two who were working, pulled Brenda back to reality. That was not the usual way, and usually things got unloaded into the Harbor, not into another boat unless the ship didn’t lay to the docks.
Lilith must somehow had worked her way into the group and was getting all the information while pretending to help them, and that impressed Brenda, although she couldn’t get rid of the nagging fear that Lilith had joined them for real.

Brenda started to worry what to say when the patrol which was scheduled to the harbor arrived, how to make it clear that the two were really stealing from the boat, and that Lilith isn’t (hopefully) a part of it? And how should she make the connection to Cadfael?
As time passed she got suspicious, where was the patrol? Even though they didn’t have a set route, they should have been here by now, so had something delayed them? Would they come at all then?

As Lilith and the man finished filling the boat Brenda decided the best thing to do was to follow them. She was sure Cadfael would be there, since he had talked about checking up on partners and he had been really angry last time it had went wrong. Perhaps it was also why the patrol were not here? They had either been diverted or perhaps were even working with Cadfael.
Brenda sighed, she really didn’t like how her world looked right now, not knowing who you could trust and who you couldn’t
This could still turn to their favor as if no-one interfered and they went to meet Cadfael or some other members, if the group was one of the bigger ones, they could catch them red-handed. It would make things much easier.
She got ready to follow the boat and Lilith, and hoped her expectations of it staying near the shore since it was little would be correct. They probably would go to a hideout, and if they were lucky they would get all the big fish in the net.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Seaway City & Maritime | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.