Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 90
Ml: 45 - Fml: 44 - Oth: 1
OR - 13 | R - 16 | H - 40 | G - 21

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Summer

The onset of the Summer season has led to a swarming of Fire-, Electric-, and Bug-types, overtaking most populations in the Region. In their place, Water- and Grass-types have retreated to the shade and to cooler areas, while Ice-types have all but vanished. The rising temperatures has also led to the annual thaw of the infamously cold Istin City, though it remains the coldest.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Gineva Elaine Winstret's Travels, Rosalieart
Nda
 Posted: Jul 16 2011, 11:50 PM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 116
Member No. 3
Joined on 15-July 10.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: None

The weight of the silence that followed fell heavily on Gineva's shoulders as she waited for the servant to return from where he was sent to.

"Gineva Elaine Winstret, I hereby present you with your new tools to aid you in your travel." Lord Folgart spoke with an air of authority and dignity as his servant stepped toward her to present her with her new gear. Laid out neatly on a gleaming silver tray were three items for her taking: a single pokeball, a pack and a new pokecard.

Taking her new gear carefully off the tray from the servant, he then turned on his heel silently and started towards the doorway once more. She carefully pocketed the pokeball and pokecard. Gineva held the pack gingerly in her hands as the servant strode out.

A taller figure stepped into the room where the servant had left, one who though was slightly more casually dressed on the exterior, most likely exhibited a layer of mail underneath. Lord Folgart did not apparently take physical notice of the tall man who entered the room, and continued to speak.

"Your first mission will be to deliver a letter to a researcher in Fough Place about a few recent findings that will aid her in her study. She goes by the name Professor Evelyn Rutger, and you will find her laboratory near the cliffs of the western shore." The lord then motioned to the new figure for the first time since his appearance. Gineva took that moment to get another good glance at him, noting his dark features and rugged appearance. The man nodded in her direction, a confirmation of his acknowledgment. "Senior Guardian, William Dydrie will provide mentoring along your quest, should you need guidance. The letter for Professor Rutger will be in his care. See to it that you finish this task promptly, and then return for your next mission. You both are dismissed."

Gineva found herself nearly frozen to the spot until Dydrie had walked up to her to show her toward the exit. She had hardly taken the time to study these new, foreign objects in now in her possession when she found herself nearly blinded by the glaring sunlight as she was shown the door.

Dydrie had taken a few steps out of the doorway when he looked back at her quizzically.
"Well? Where are we heading first?"

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted image

Nora Jean Wilkins
Profile | Travels

| PM |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 17 2011, 03:52 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2195
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 2

[Egg post: 01]

Gin nodded to her new mentor distractedly, fixated on the things that had been on the platter. She murmured to him "Nice t'meet you -- th' name's Gineva, but you can go ahead an' call me Gin for short, if you'd like..." She paused to shield her eyes to get a better look at the pack, which she was rooting through. She took a quick mental stock of what was in there, and paused for a second when she saw the egg, somewhat surprised. She didn't mention it, because she was busy zipping the bag back up when she heard Will ask her where they were bound.

"Give me a minute. 'S time to meet my new friend." Gin nodded in the general direction of her hand, which held the brand new pokeball, unblemished and polished to the fine shine only brand-new ones had. She knew how they worked, at least, from using them back at the conservatory to release or retire the work pokémon that lived in the greenhouse. She took a quick breath to push out the memory of using them with her mother, and released the catch. She had her card ready even as the red light cleared, and frowned. What was this thing? Checking her card, she skimmed its pokedex entries curiously. The thing was a Larvesta: a bug and fire type, apparently, which was something of an odd combination, especially for a botanist like her. Even stranger, this little thing was a long way from home if they only lived at the foot of volcanoes as the pokecard claimed. She didn't really mind, but wondered how she ought to work with it. If one of them showed up in her greenhouse or garden, she'd most likely chase it out. As it stood, however, it was best to be friendly.

Gin knelt and extended a hand to the larvesta, with a smile pulling up the corners of her mouth. Her very own pokémon, at last. The horns really were a pretty red colour, and the white fuzz looked so soft. "Hullo there, little one. You're a long way from home, and you need a name, don't you?"

The little bug bounced its front up and down a little bit, which Gin took to be a nod.

"How 'bout Sola? Seems like a nice name for you, I think. You'll have to excuse me, though. I've not done this b'fore now. You'd be m'first pokémon."

She was pretty sure it smiled. In any case, the firebug happily walked up to her hand and caught hold of it with its first two legs, which it apparently didn't use to walk. Gin noted with some surprise that they were both slightly fuzzy and warm. She ruffled the fluff on its head gently, and stood back up to speak to Will. "T'be honest, I'd ruther head out into Edgewood b'fore we head out along the route for real. Sola's a great pokémon, but I'd be much more comf'ter'ble if I could catch me a good grass type along the way too. S'just what I'm used to workin' with. We might even be able t'shorten our trip if we stick to th' edges by Logger. S'nearly a straight shot down thataway." She paused, looking her mentor over. "Not t'be rude or nosy or anythin', but what's your job wi' me, exactly? I'd prefer to fight m'own battles, if ever I can."

Gin motioned to him to come with her as she began to walk, intending on going through town along a path that would not take her past her parents' old business on the way to Edgewood, having assumed that he wouldn't mind her choosing the straighter, if somewhat more dangerous path.

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
Nda
 Posted: Jul 17 2011, 10:57 PM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Member No. 3
Joined on 15-July 10.

Characters:
N/A

Sola did indeed enjoy Gin's company. Although she had just met the new guard, the young larvesta took kindly to her friendly and comforting words.

As the three of them drew closer to the heart of the city, the morning hustle and bustle could be heard as the local marketplace drew it's usual early crowd. You can see several wooden stands crowded with people, all haggling for the best price. Nearby, a few of the wives stood gossiping over their morning tea, catching up on the rumors that they may have been updated on the day before as they stood watch over their young ones. At their feet were two small boys were tugging at the leaves of their mother's oddish, who looked as though this exchange was not unusual.

Before weaving in and out between the people and the stands, Gin was sure to gather the larvesta into her arms so it wouldn't be trodden upon.

The senior guard, who had watched the first interactions between Gin and her new companion, spoke.
"Believe it or not, we lose several new guard in their first few weeks if they are not properly mentored." As he spoke, the look in his eyes darkened ever so slightly as he concentrated on walking around the oblivious crowds of people and recalled a few occasions when he had to deal with the stress of losing a good guardian. It's not like they were easy to replace, either. Good guards were hard to find these days. "I'm here should you need me. If not, I'll be happy to stand off on the side as you 'fight your own battles.'" His eyes lightened as he looked down at her with a grin. "Besides, where's the harm in having a traveling companion for your first adventure on your own?"

As the crowd started to thin out, it was becoming more recognizable what sort of wares these citizens had to offer: berries more numerous than she could count, potions piled high and filling crates to the brim, and several varieties of herbs and medicines, most of which she was familiar with. The urge to stock up before their journey through Edgewood was strong, but the need to get their task done promptly was just as necessary.

--------------------

Nora Jean Wilkins
Profile | Travels

| PM |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 19 2011, 11:39 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

[Egg Post 02]

Gin nodded to her new, human, companion to show that she meant no ill will towards him. "I'd 'spect so -- findin' new help for th'conserv'tory back home was always a mess, 'n all they had to do was take care o' th'plants and helper pokémon." Once the crowds began to clear up a little bit, she set Sola back down. The bug was unexpectedly heavy, and she wasn't used to carrying things that felt like they could have been metal in the sun. She cast a quick eye over the berry sellers and scrunched her nose up, pointing out little flaws to herself that she never would have allowed in her garden! As she passed the potion seller, however, she checked her bag subtly. Three potions. That should be enough for the short trip, right? She just prayed that there were no injuries that were all that bad.

Only a moment's hesitation and she decided she'd rather get this done as fast as she could, and hurried out towards the city's outskirts and Edgewood's most eastern regions. As she walked, she figured that it'd be best to make polite conversation. It was no use being on bad terms with the guy assigned to keep her safe. "How long've you been with th'Guard? I'm really not sure what I should expect with all o'this missions stuff. Are most o'them jus' deliveries like this, or what?"

She sincerely hoped she hadn't just signed up to be the official courier of the news.

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Nda
 Posted: Jul 22 2011, 12:47 AM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Member No. 3
Joined on 15-July 10.

Characters:
N/A

While Gin picked up the pace, Dydrie followed her a few steps behind, his hands in his pockets as he strode. Sola scurried behind at her heels, occasionally slowing a bit to examine her surroundings. "I've been in the guard under Lord Folgart for almost six years. Long enough to have helped more than a few new guards to get on their feet - and no, not all of them have been delivery services." Dydrie chuckled lightly at this, as though he found humor in the notion that anything more exciting than courier service would be given as a first assignment. "But most of the new guard begin small, so don't get discouraged. You'll get better assignments in time."

The buildings of Dedrius city began to disappear as the trio started towards the eastern edge of the beaten path. The mountains to the north loomed over the horizon as the trees in the south grew thicker. Dydrie allowed her to walk further ahead with Sola close behind. As she left behind the city that she grew so fond of and towards her unknown outcome, it was beginning to finally sink in that she was out on her own. Well, sort of, if she concentrated really hard and pretended that Dydrie wasn't behind her, watching her every move.

"Hey - hey, wait! Hold up a minute." While Gin was decently ahead of him in her rush to get started on their journey, she did not notice the sunlight glimmering off a familiar, rounded object hidden in a mid-sized shrub off the edge of the path. Had it been a cloudy day, it would have easily gone unnoticed - who knows how long it has been sitting there?

Kneeling down to get a closer look, he carefully reached into the shrub and pulled out a rather rough-looking pokeball.
"Hello there, little guy." Turning the ball over in his hands, he noted several scrapes and small bits of dirt caked to it. He gave it to Gin, who after having stopped to see what the commotion was about, walked back to where he stood and looked at the discovery in disbelief. This wasn't just an empty pokeball, this had a pokémon enclosed inside.

"You should have it. This is a good opportunity for you to learn how to train two new pokémon at once - and besides, you're going to need all the help you can get if we're heading through Edgewood." The senior guard smirked a bit as he waited for her to release the catch that she had literally just lucked out on. "If you're going to see what it is, do it now. We should get a move on before it gets dark. It isn't exactly a short trip."

Dydrie reached into his own pack and retrieved one of his pokeballs, silently releasing his own traveling companion: a tiny Rufflet, who burst out in a flurry of feathers and circled his trainer before landing precariously on Dydrie's shoulder, looking interestedly now at this new face among them. Though small in size, it looked as though it has been through several battles in its time with its trainer.

Before he could introduce is feathered companion, the Rufflet let out a short screech and and leapt from his shoulder once more, diving into the thicket trees south of the path.
"Must've heard something.." He mused, looking after his pokémon before turning to Gin and motioning her to follow him. "C'mon."

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/627.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 36
Though small, the Rufflet appears quite agile and willing to defend it's trainer without fear. Looks capable of tearing apart an opponent with its sharp talons.

--------------------

Nora Jean Wilkins
Profile | Travels

| PM |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 26 2011, 11:34 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

[Egg Post: 03]

Gin felt like she was on top of the world, out on her first mission, even if it was only a courier assignment. Although she spared a brisk nod to Dydrie, she was mostly occupied with the woods around her. Truth be told, she had only ever gone into the northern edge to gather cuttings or seeds for the conservatory once or twice in the past few years, and was a little bit nervous, no longer being as familiar with the Edgewood as she had been as a child. On the other hand, however, she had never felt more free and like she was supposed to be there since her mother's health had begun to decline. She relished the relief as she took in the smells of the forest deeply with every breath. There was something very therapeutic about it all, really.

When Dydrie called out to her, she hadn't honestly realized how quickly she had been moving, and was surprised to see that he was so far behind her... and holding a pokeball that looked like it had been taken care of very poorly indeed. She raised her eyebrows in surprise, reaching her hand out for the offered pokeball automatically, "What? No, no I can't accept that! You found it!"

She tried to hand the ball back belatedly, but by then he was releasing his own pokémon, and her own complaints died her mouth as it fell open. She'd never even SEEN a rufflet before, but it was adorable, and somewhat threatening at the same time. She was about to release her own new pokeball's catch when rufflet let out its screech and dove into the brush. Gin swore. She really, really hadn't wanted to go into Edgewood any more than they could help, and who knew where that damned bird was going. All the same, she minimized the new ball and tucked it away with Sola's, scooped up the little fire pokémon, and charged into the brush after Dydrie. This definitely promised to be an adventure, and hey, maybe even her first battle as a proper handler!

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Nda
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 11:42 PM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Member No. 3
Joined on 15-July 10.

Characters:
N/A

As Dydrie led Gin into the trees, the air around them cooled slightly and the light from the sun streamed gently through the leaves and branches above them. The earlier chatter from the city faded as they walked, keeping an eye out for the Rufflet. It had appeared that the tiny bird had vanished into the foliage, until they heard that familiar screech high above them.

"Woah, back up." Dydrie reached across and kept Gin from going further as the two of them looked up to see his bird pokémon pluck something out of what looked like a nest, lean over and drop it to the ground below. The object, round in shape, plummeted into the bush at the foot of the tree and rolled out onto the carpet of leaves at their feet.

Before Dydrie could bend down to take a closer look, the egg-like object rolled over and opened its - wait, eyes? The object definitely had eyes. This wasn't just any old egg, and Rufflet wasn't just looking for his next lunch. This was most definitely a pokémon. And it was not happy. Dydrie looked back up into the branches in time to see Rufflet fly back down to the grou- wait, he wasn't flying. He was falling. And fall he did, right into the bushes where the egg-like pokémon had just landed moments before. Without thinking about the wild pokémon, Dydrie ran up to his pokémon, kneeling to get a closer look.

"Asleep. Thank god." He stood back up his bird an looked back at Gin. "Hypnosis. It doesn't take a pokecard to tell that this is a psychic type." He said, motioning to the pokémon at their feet. Before he could get a closer look at their new friend (whom was eyeing the pair of them carefully, as to make sure that neither got close enough to touch it), five more egg-like objects fell out of the tree above them, narrowly missing Dydrie as they fell into the bushes and rolled into the grass near its mate.

All of the eggs appeared to have humanistic faces and expressions - though largely angry. They grouped themselves together, glaring up at Gin with six pairs of irritated eyes, ready to attack should either of them move closer. The pokémon looked as though it was prepared to use Hypnosis on either of them should they threaten it.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/627.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 36
Asleep. Slightly injured from its fall from the branches.
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/102exeggcute.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 07
Slightly bruised from the fall from the branches but furious at its attacker. Ready to retaliate should you move closer.

--------------------

Nora Jean Wilkins
Profile | Travels

| PM |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Aug 9 2011, 12:07 AM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

[Egg Post: 04]

Gin stifled a noise of surprise when the eggs all came tumbling down into a group. She glanced at Dydrie, hoping he wouldn't provoke it before she did. A battle. Her first battle. Oh boy. She raised her free, showing that she meant no harm to the egg pokémon, and backed up slowly, pulling out her pokecard to check its information. After reading it, she stifled a grin and backed up again, and set Sola down to free her other hand. As she did so, she whispered to the little fire type "Combine a fire blast wi' a flamethrower t' power up th' flamethrower on m' signal. When I put m' hands down." She straightened and spoke loudly and clearly so that the egg could hear her, both hands still in the air. "I am going to release my other pokémon now. Please, don't be frightened. I don't know what it is yet, and I promise that it will not attack you."

Gin, having read the entry on psychics, knew that as a part psychic, it could probably sense her mind, so she concentrated heavily on that the second pokémon would not attack, as she used one hand to unshrink the ball, and pointed it off to the side, releasing... a green spiky pokémon?

"cac?" It looked utterly bewildered to find itself in a forest.

Gin turned very slightly, and spoke to it, still loudly, still distinctly. "You don't look like you belong here, little one. We found your ball in the bushes. I'm Gineva. I'm gonna be your new handler. I work with the Guard."

Gin slowly knelt and put her hands down to offer to the new green pokémon in an exaggerated motion, expecting Sola to unleash the burst of flame from their current distance while the egg heads were distracted with her and the new pokémon. She sincerely hoped that Dydrie was standing back.

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Aug 12 2011, 05:30 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Total Posts: 827
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:
Lyra Sparrow | Gregory Beauchamp

Cacnea still seemed shocked by the fact it was in a forest. The last time it was out of it's Pokeball it was home. Oh well, it seemed that this girl was it's Handler and it was something that it was going to have to get used to. The Egg pokémon was a clever pokémon though, when it heard Gineva order a combination attack of two Fire Moves it quickly sprung into action as Sola took a breath and unleashed a monsterous attack that Gineva had never seen the likes of before.

It seemed that the Exeggcute knew that it could avoid the move, however it was going to try it's level best to take some of the strength away. As Sola unleashed the move, Exeggcute made a chanting noise and then seemed to focus it's energy to the front egg, and shot it towards the move. Dydrie was still looking on.
"That's unexpected, an AncientPower!" He spoke, his eyes wide open. It seemed that this Egg pokémon had managed to learn the Rock Type move from it's parents. Although there was no way that it was going to completely stop the move, it was going to give it's best attempt.

The Ancientpower clashed with the flames, it managed to slow it a little, but not too much. A screech could be heard as the flames then attacked the Eggs, being part grass type it was causing about as much damage as it could, however when the flames died down it was a surprising to see that the eggs were still moving.

In a last ditch of defiance the Exeggcute then looked up to the sky. The sun was still there. It began to chant and breathe slowly. The bodies began to glow white as they absorbed sunlight, it seemed that they were getting some energy back.
"Oh my goodness." A laugh came from Dydrie's lips. "It's a Synthesis!" It seemed that this Exeggcute was going to be full of useful moves.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/627.png
Lv. 36
Asleep. Slightly injured from its fall from the branches.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/102exeggcute.png
Lv. 7
Showing signs of singeing, and not a happy bunny.
Egg Moves: AncientPower, Synthesis

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/636.png
Lv. 5
Perfect Condition, slightly tired from using two high powered moves, but not showing it.

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Aug 13 2011, 11:55 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

[Egg Post: 05]

Gineva had straightened up as soon as the torrent of fire shot toward the eggs, and gaped at it, even more so at the responding attack. She had though that a fire like that would have knocked it out for sure! It seemed like battling was going to be a lot tougher than she'd thought it was. Frustrated by the egg heads' healing that negated much of her attack, she put one fist on her hip and flipped out her pokecard to check out what the new cacnea knew. It was time to get things into the game. Hopefully the little cactus had gotten over its shock by now.

"Cacnea! Use Magical Leaf and..." She glanced at the pokecard to make sure she had the name right, "Grasswhistle at the same time, if you can!" Hopefully, the attack would distract the eggs from being able to defend against the sleep-inducing song. She turned back to her larvesta quickly, taking a step back so she could watch both pokémon at once. "Sola, use Will-o-Wisp to give those things a nasty burn, then tie them all up together with a string shot!"

It didn't occur to Gin to check her pokecard for what kind of pokémon that was, and simply assumed that it was a pure grass type. She figured if it hurt and couldn't move, it was less likely to launch a good attack, and if it was asleep, hurt, and tied up, all the better. She did, however, worry about another Ancient Power attack. If one of those missed and hit her... She really didn't like the idea. She crossed her arms and irritably told herself that she'd have to be ready to get out of the way as much as her pokémon would.

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Aug 18 2011, 09:18 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:

It seemed at the utterance of Gineva ordering her Cacnea to attack aswell infuriated Exeggcute, to the point where it couldn't contain it's anger any more. It seemed that the eggs had spoke to each other through their minds, and were quick to use their powers. In unison all of their eyes began to glow blue. It seemed that Gineva had certainly not thought this through, even though it was such a small pokémon, it was capable of performing some amazing moves, and this case, it was going to be a move to stop both pokémon together!

As both of Gineva's pokémon tried perfoming the attacks ordered, in which Cacnea struggled to perform both, Exeggcute picked both of them up. Not a pretty sight for Gineva. Dydrie's mouth then just opened.
"You really should of checked your Pokecard in this instance, Exeggcute isn't a pure Grass type, it's part Psychic and it appears that this particular Exeggcute excels in it's Psychic side!" As Dydrie finished, Gineva watched as Cacnea was flung into a tree and Sola was dropped to the ground. It appeared that this pokémon has some honour, and wanted to battle one-on-one, which is fair enough.

To finish off, Exeggcute used a move that involved flinging part of itself at Sola, this was Barrage, it only hit two times, but as they it was using it's bodies it suffered a little damage too.

Even though Sola had been dropped to the ground, she wasn't going to forget what she had been ordered to do. With this, a thin and stick liquid was shot from her mouth, and is flew through the air it grew solid and very difficult to move once stuck. This string wrapped around a few of the Exeggcute, slowing it down somewhat. Sola could see that Exeggcute was beginning to pant, so it was getting tired.

The only thing to see was, if Gineva could see this too. During all the commotion of the battle, Dydrie's Rufflet had woken up, it seemed that the Hypnosis had finally worn off. Luckily there was no other problems for Rufflet. At the order of Dydrie he took a back seat.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/627.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Lv. 36
Has woken up. A little bruised from it's fall otherwise o.k. Currently on standby

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/102exeggcute.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Lv. 7
Still reeling from the previous move, showing it's tired and Frustrated
TM Moves: Secondary

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/636.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
Lv. 5
Slightly tired, hurting from being dropped on the ground by Exeggcute's Psychic

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/331cacnea.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Lv. 3
In considerable pain after being flung into a tree.

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Aug 18 2011, 05:20 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

[Egg Post: 06]

Flabbergasted, Gin's mouth dropped open and she scrambled to check her pokecard, furious. No wild pokémon was going to do that to HERS. What to do first was the real issue. She doubted a string shot would do much for a psychic, so the best idea would be... She acted immediately on the impulse, temper flaring up nastily. "Good job, Sola! Now, power up your fire blast with overheat and torch that little psychic like you did last time! If it hurts you too badly, use morning sun while I go help Cacnea. Don't let that little egg head show you up!"

She backed up, readying cacnea's pokeball, and glanced around for the little cactus, whom she found caught up high in a tree. Gin didn't think she could reach, and jumping definitely wasn't her strong point. She pointed the ball at the cactus and called it back before furiously hurrying back to the battle before she missed more than she had to. She released cacnea again, but this time told it to stay by her side and not get involved. She dug in her pack for a second and came up with a sweet, all wrapped up: one of her rare candies. She gave it to cacnea, keeping an eye on the battle. "I'm sorry, cacnea. I know this is all really overwhelming, but mark my words, that dumb psychic's gonna regret that. Here, this will should make you feel at least a little bit stronger after that attack."

She felt a twinge of jealousy for Dydrie's bird pokémon. She could blow the wild pokémon away -- literally -- if she had a pokémon like that. She would have to work harder. Cheating wasn't an option, and she didn't like the idea of it, anyway. Gin decided. She wouldn't even try to catch the psychic until she made it faint, and she'd offer it up for sale as soon as she could. She wasn't sure she liked that nasty little egg.

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Aug 22 2011, 03:28 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:

At the command of Gineva, Exeggcute attempted to react. As Sola attacked with a combination of Fire Blast and Overheat, which essentially became a white hot Fire Blast, it attempted to protect itself with Psychic, but alas to no avail. As it attempted to move itself with it's powers, it came across the white hot move. It screeched in pain as it dropped to the floor, not just singed this time, it was burnt to a crisp. It was still healable though.

During this attack, Cacnea had done as he was told, a little worse for wear he tucked into the sweet. He felt himself become a little stronger as he finished it. He had reached a new level.

Exeggcute attempted to use Synethesis, but found itself struggling to even build up the energy needed for it. However Sola now began to show heavy signs of fatigue. Such powerful moves all in a row wasn't the best idea. Sola was doing his best to try and hide the fact that he was tired, but unfortunatly for him, it was showing. He was slower then usual.

"This battle is over!" Dydrie commented. "I would put Sola back into his ball for a rest." It seemed to be a bit more obvious now. Sola slow walked back over to Gineva's side. She had done his part as Gin's pokémon, now she just needed to decide what to do on her part, whether she would capture the pokémon, or leave it to be left for picking by any pokémon could eat it.

Dydrie showed that there was no threat from the pokémon, which had fainted by returning his pokémon back to his Pokeball, it seemed Rufflet wasn't going to be needed what so ever. Now it was up to Gineva, would she capture the troublesome Exeggcute or leave it to possibly it's death?

Battle Concluded

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/102exeggcute.png Lv. 7 :male:
Fainted

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/636.png Lv. 5 :female:
Gained 4 EXP

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/331cacnea.png Lv. 3 :male:
Gained a Level (-1 Rare Candy)
Gained 2.5 EXP

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Aug 28 2011, 03:29 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

[Egg Post: 07]

Gin smiled smugly at the result of Sola's last attack, and proudly lifted the firebug up into her arms, cradling her. "You did a really great job. How's that for a first battle, eh? We torched that egghead!" She nodded to Dydrie when he gave her the advice, and turned back to Sola, "You could do with some rest after all that, eh? It's not really the easiest walking terrain around here, either, so..." she fished out Sola's pokeball and tapped the button, "return for now!"

Likewise, she then returned the cacnea with less fuss. She wasn't sure how to deal with it yet, and there were more pressing matters. Her temper and pride, so agitated just a moment ago by the egg pokemon, plummeted into something far more similar to guilt, and she became uncomfortable as she looked at the egg pokemon, charred and fainted. She didn't want it, but she couldn't stand to leave it here to die -- wouldn't leave it here to die. With some hesitation, she awkwardly looked for an empty pokeball, and walked over to the exeggcute, eyes on the ground. She didn't want to seem like she was soft in front of her mentor right now, not after her very first battle. She didn't want him to report back that she couldn't handle it, and coldn't meet his eyes. Gineva knelt beside the egg pokemon and touched the pokeball to the nearest part of it, trying not to hurt it too much, willing it to understand that she would take care of it, even if she was just going to trade it off to someone who would care for it better than she wished to.

As soon as the ball had made contact, she set it on the ground beside the pokemon and straightened, stepping backwards towards Dydrie to give it some space, and braced herself before she stood next to him, doing her best not to be ashamed of her victory's consequences. When she got to Fough, she had a feeling she'd need to pick up a lot of pokeballs if every victory was going to end up like this one. She turned to the Guard beside her, looking up to address him. "How... how will I know if the ball works? Will it just break in half if it fails, or can I go get it and try again?"

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Aug 28 2011, 04:46 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:

With both of her Pokemon back in their balls, Gineva turned her attention to the fainted Exeggcute. A flurry of questions were asked as she prepared to capture the Pokemon. "You're quite right to ask those questions. First of all, when a Pokeball takes a pokemon into it there's only a couple of things that can happen. First of all, the Pokemon will escape. If it does escape the Pokeball is good to use again, as long as the Pokemon doesn't stand on it or anything. Otherwise the Pokemon will be caught in the spell of the Ball. If it does, the ball will flail around for a little then if it works, the ball will have a slight glow. This glow signifies the Pokemon is caught." Dydrie was quick to answer all of Gineva's worries, and calm her down.

Gineva then touched the Exeggcute with the ball, and the egg pokemon was withdrawn into it. As Dydrie said, the ball began to shake and move in her hand. Eventually the flail subsided and a 'Click' could be heard. The ball then glowed around the opening. It was done. "Oh, it worked" Dydrie confirmed it for her. "If you had tried to capture Exeggcute earlier, it is more then likely that the Pokemon would have escaped, you were right to make it faint before attempting to capture it. That way it has no energy to escape capture."

Gineva put the Pokeball with her others. And stood back up. It seemed that they could continue on their assigned mission, until something caught Dydrie's eye. "I was assigned another mission alongside this one, and I've just seen something that could be linked to this mission, so you have to accompany me. It's still on the way to the current mission, it's just a little extra that'll help me get some more recognition." It seemed that Gineva wasn't going to have a choice.

"This battle is going to require another battle I think, Cacnea would be perfect in this situation!" Dydrie then dashed off, leaving Gineva in her dust. It seemed that leaves were falling from the trees in the direction that Dydrie was going, but it seemed that they weren't falling naturally. Was Gineva going to protest or not? If she wasn't she would have to be pretty sharpish to catch up as Dydrie seemed desperate to get going with this extra mission.

As Gineva stood, she couldn't help but feel there was something in the surroundings watching her.

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| Options |Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.