Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Edith's Travels, jadedragonette
Moth
 Posted: Apr 11 2016, 01:15 AM
| Quote |

the Rain-loving Volcarona
Background Mods
Total Posts: 778
Member No. 33
Joined on 19-September 11.

Characters:
Alphaea Schneider, Apollo Schilde

Awards: 5

(You know the drill~)

Once again Edith was before Leonard Gould, the Trick of Fough.

The man was not in his usual quarters when he received her, for the second time; instead, he had been ushered into his forge, where he seemed to be finishing up on his latest creation--- a dagger. The weapon looked out of place in the hot room, for most of the metalwork within were horseshoes. He had his back turned towards her when she entered, when she spoke, and it was only after a couple of seconds that he languidly turned towards her.

The Trick made a show of squinting at Edith's face, as if he did not quite remember who she was, although the way it was exaggerated made it rather clear he was mostly teasing. "Ah, the stranger returns." He gently took the Klefki Totem from Edith, tilting it to inspect it from different angles. "Hrm, it does seem to be the real deal. Such a small trinket, and yet it could open any door..." he wistfully commented, "...magic is rather wondrous, isn't it?"

He then turned back to Edith, making eye contact. "True, this is a Klefki totem." he acquiesced. "...but how can I be sure you took it from where I asked you to do so?" At this point, Edith could offer any sort of evidence--- the clothes she now wore were of the people of that house; or the Pokemon and other items that she had stolen; the news that someone had entered that very hovel; or she could admit that there was no certainty, from another's perspective, that she could have gotten it from where he asked to.

Whichever way, he would pretend to look intensely, before smirking and calling the person who had ushered Edith in inside. "Well, I can be sure because I had you followed by him. His name is Amaran." The man, so introduced, bowed; he had olive skin, a hawk's eyes, dark hair, and a stoic expression. "Well, not really so much as watch you as watch the place I've sent you to; if you had messed things up, he'd have gotten this little accessory for me." he explained, as he toyed with the totem. "Well, frankly speaking, your little incursion was a bit of a mess, but you did well to make it enough of a mess that people wouldn't be too suspicious." He grinned toothily. "So, stranger, what shall I call you? Business would be quite difficult without names."

After Edith had finished introducing herself, the Trick spoke again. "And, as you already know, I am Leonard Gould. I welcome you to the Order. You'll be operating with Amaran, for now. Ah, and I guess you can keep what you took from the house." He gave Edith a dismissive wave. "He'll fill you in on what you should do." With that, Edith's audience with the Order leader abruptly finished as it had started.

-------------

Amaran nodded at Edith, as soon as they were out of Gould's forge. "Well met." he began, rather simply. Going straight to business, he started his explanation. "Since the Guardians are currently occupied with the recent... incidents, the lord Gould has asked us to spring from the nearby prison a couple of our associates. It is not that urgent, but the sooner we embark on the mission, the better our chances, I believe. Still, it would not do to go rushing in unprepared."

"Any questions? Do you have a plan in mind?" It seemed Amaran was testing Edith, in his own stolid way. He looked at her intensely, listening closely for her ideas.

--------------------
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Apr 11 2016, 07:58 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 766
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

[egg count 1]

Her heart was beating quickly as her new lord approached, unsure of how he would react - she had done as bid, and possibly quicker than expected, but honestly that didn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. All she could do was wait though, and accept whatever he gave in return. He approached smoothly, languidly, and she knew he was mocking her - but she did nothing. If this was to work, she would have to be respectful of this man's power. Then he was questioning her honesty, and she wasn't surprised - she would have, as well.

"Milord Gould, there would be no way to show that this is the Klefki totem you asked for, or just another - unless you had someone you trusted follow me," she said calmly, doing her best to convey a sense of a calm, collected woman. She was out of practice, she silently chided herself, but did her best - her best used to be better, though, and she mentally frowned at the slight shiver in her voice of a mixture of nervousness and fear.

Then her lord continued, and as she thought - she had been followed, loosely speaking, by this Amaran. She eyed the stranger thoughtfully, but didn't speak up until she was asked a question. "My name is Edith, milord, and sorry about the mess. Must be out of practice, I'll clear the rust out soon enough I'm sure," she said even as she turned her gaze back to Lord Gould instead of assessing Amaran as best she could.

As soon as she was dismissed, she bowed and left as smoothly as she could manage; once outside the room, she let out a shaky breath. She'd done it! There would be some sort of celebrating...later, anyways. For now, business. Turning to Amaran, who had followed of course, she returned his nod, though perhaps a bit more respectfully than he had (he was her superior, after all, and she just a newbie). She listened carefully, making careful mental notes. A prison break, then. She nodded thoughtfully.

"I'm not sure what I stole from that place, other than a Pokemon and an egg - don't know what species of Pokemon, actually, so might be smart to find out first..." she trailed of a moment, then shook her head. Her thoughts felt like they were going in a million different directions. "Any news on the number of guards and general security, or are we pretty much going blind? Either way, I'd like to find out what Pokemon I snagged, then head out and do some recon to check this information of ours - where's it at, at the least?"

She could do her own sort of testing, even if hers was a weaker type in a way; had the homework been done, or would they have to do it? Didn't make much of a difference to her, to be honest - they'd have to check the info anyways, to see how accurate it was. Things changed constantly, after all...

"I'm not terrible at picking locks if it comes to that; it seems to me that the quieter we get this done, the better for us all. We should make sure on how many guards there are, and how tightly they're guarding our associates. We might find a weakness to exploit - at the least, we'll learn what we're up against." She paused a moment, thinking quickly. "It'll also tell us whether we need supplies, or if we'd be okay going in on our own. Speaking of which - I don't mean to pry, but what's your specialty? Would be nice to know something of the one I am paired with..."

---

[OOC: Will want to make a pit stop for 1 lockpicking kit and 3 ultra balls (200 gold total I believe) before they get to where they're headed, otherwise pretty much prepared for this (I think)!]

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
relapo
 Posted: May 13 2016, 01:37 PM
| Quote |

Foodie
Background Mods
Total Posts: 439
Member No. 1720
Joined on 23-July 14.

Characters:
Henric Simnel, Clara Tines, Issaac Karel

Awards: None

[.7, sorry for the delay! And here we go, getting started with babiesssss]

--

Amaran grinned and nodded, showing Edith he was listening and valued her input, and her suggestions at how to best infiltrate the prison.
"You will do well, I can already tell. You have some good ideas and already seem pretty well adept at this sort of thing. We'll be fine. That said, we could both use a bit of polishing before we attempt the rescue - or freeing, however you want to put it."

Amaran turned and paced as he talked. Some would call it a character flaw, others were simply annoyed, but he likened it to greasing up the gears of his brain as he thought how to proceed. "Why don't I go and get further clarification on how much time we have to get them free. Perhaps we could spend a bit of time doing small, simpler test runs so we're both ready. I'm sure Trick Gould would prefer us to handle it cleanly and efficiently, than messy and a potential failure. Run on outside and get acquainted with your pokemon, I'll join you in a few moments.

"You may do well to visit the shop as well, it's right across the street, conveniently enough. There's the small park next door, you could acquaint you and your partner there. I'll meet you there."
Amaran barely waited for any affirmation from Edith before turning to head toward another room, leaving her to her down devices for the moment.

She would have the opportunity to visit the shop and spend some time with her new partner.

It would be less than a half hour before Amaran would join Edith at the small park nearby.

"Good news, Gould says we have exactly 3 weeks before we need to have them back. He has plans for our associates that will not be occurring until then. That said, let's go and practice a bit, yea? I've got a place set up with another one of our associates. Despite being in the Order, he's kind of a softie and too trusting. He tends to leave his valuables out, and I like to play pranks; for us, it's good practice. We'll head to his place and break in and score a bit of "loot" - even if it's temporary. What do you say?"

If Edith was agreeable, the pair would begin walking, and she could use this time to ask any questions she may have: about the order, Amaran's history, anything.

---

[OOC: Processed your purchases as if you had already made them! If you want to buy anything else, you can add it into your next post and I'll get to it next round http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png

You have 0 gold left after the purchases!]

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: May 15 2016, 01:25 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[Egg count 2 + 4 (2 PCR redeems) = 6! Quick reminder: no, Edith can't understand Abaddon, but he's a talkative fellow anyways.]

Edith watched as Amaran paced and talked, and gave a tiny smile in thanks for his praise. She hoped she would succeed in the Order as well - once she got over the rustiness in her bones, that is. She still wondered what his specialty was - but was glad that she was paired with someone that seemed at least a little experienced, as well as likely far less rusty than she was. She then nodded in thanks at him going to get more information about the amount of time they had to complete their mission, and watched calmly as he walked away after giving her a few hints as to what she could do to fill in the time he'd be gone.

Edith then walked out of the building, and headed directly for the store first before anything else. There were a couple of things she needed that she didn't have - it would clear out her little bit of gold she had on her, but it shouldn't be too hard to gather more. It was the life of thief she was living, after all, and as long as she didn't get caught doing what she did she was sure she'd have a plenty of leeway in who she stole from.

A few minutes later had her walking out of the store, coin purse lighter but with the handful of items she'd needed to pick up making her pack a tiny bit heavier. She looked around curiously for a few moments before spotting the aforementioned park - she had a partner to acquaint herself with, at the moment. She eyed the passers-by curiously before heading over, where she hesitated before doing anything more, staring at the pokeball that held her partner in it.

It could be anything in that tiny ball, anything at all, and she'd have to deal with it - what if it was something small and weak and would be dependent on her for survival, instead of the strong somewhat-independant creature she needed for her first partner? Well...she guessed she wouldn't have much of a choice but to deal with it, to be honest - she didn't even have the gold left to barter a Harper's Passion trade at the moment, thanks to getting the supplies she'd needed.

After a few moments of hesitation, thinking over the pros and cons of what could be inside, she finally pressed the button - and sighed a sigh of relief when it was revealed. A Seviper...she could use this. She eyed his tail and his fangs for a few moments, even as she knew he eyed her just as curiously. "You'll do well, I think. I'll be calling you...Abaddon, if you don't mind," she said quietly, reaching out a hand palm-up to let the snake scent her.

He did so begrudgingly, slithering closer with a hint of curiosity, eyeing where he could see a dagger and a couple of throwing knives attached to her sash. You might do well too, human. He hissed out after scenting her. Tilting his head just a little, he then nudged her hand in a way that didn't end up impaling her with a fang. As her hand reached up and scratched him behind the eye-ridge, he hissed again, pleased. You know just where to scratch already, good...

She couldn't understand him, of course, but she assumed their first meeting was going well as he hadn't outright attacked yet - it would, she was sure, be the start of a wonderful relationship. The two spent the next while getting used to each other, with Abaddon getting used to being out of a pokeball and Edith getting used to having such an intimidating Pokemon by her side. So when Amaran came back, he would find her sitting cross-legged, with Abaddon curled up beside her, both leaning against each other as though they were best buds - Edith would perk up and watch him the moment she realized he was there. Unknown to her, Abaddon would copy almost the exact movement on purpose, at as near to the exact time as he could, just for the possibly unsettling effect.

"Three weeks? Good, that'll give us plenty of time to get used to each other, hopefully. We should have enough time to practice and not screw it up, at least." She would then stand, peer down at Abaddon, then look back at Amaran. "What do you think - in the pokeball, or out?" If he said in, she'd obligingly return Abaddon - if out, out Abaddon would stay, and he'd follow closely.

"As for your associate - well, let's go have some fun. If he's trusting enough to not keep his stuff under lock and key, that's his fault - and as you say, it's not a permanent thing, just a prank being pulled." She'd give a wicked-looking smirk, and follow willingly. Amaran knew where they were headed, after all, and she most definitely didn't.

If still out of his pokeball, Abaddon would follow as silently as possible for such a big snake, at Edith's side if possible or following at a slight distance to the sides of the street if not. He knew how to be sneaky, to an extent, and though he oh-so-enjoyed the fright he sometimes caused, he also knew there was a time and a place for that. He may not be entirely sure about this human of his yet, but she did have his pokeball - and she already knew one of his favorite spots to be scratched. So he'd stay...for now.

"So uh, anything important I should be aware of in the Order? Like, special rules besides "don't steal from the Order" and "don't get caught"? I mean, it'd be good to know so I don't fumble something important..." That actually was the only real question she had that didn't delve into Amaran's past, and she didn't feel comfortable enough to ask just yet. She was curious, especially about what his special place was to their Trick, but was also cautious enough to know that he, too, was an Order Rogue.

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
relapo
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 02:18 PM
| Quote |

Foodie
Background Mods
Total Posts: 439
Member No. 1720
Joined on 23-July 14.

Characters:
Henric Simnel, Clara Tines, Issaac Karel

Awards: None

[.7! Sorry for the wait!!!!]

It was obvious that Amaran was pretty pleased to hear that Edith was ready to go and that she agreed with the training and practice plans. In fact, he had to chuckle at her response.

"Well, you're not wrong there. Come on, let's go. Feel free for your snake to follow along outside of its ball. We're not going to be doing much to draw attention to ourselves, nothing to worry about. In fact, perhaps it would be good to introduce you to my main partner, don't you think?" Amaran's last words were less of a question to Edith, and more to himself. Regardless, as he listened to Edith's question, he reached into his small pouch that he carried with him and pulled out a pokeball.

Again, Amaran chucked when Edith asked about rules in the Order as they walked. He tapped on his pokeball and as the pokemon materialized by their side: a haunter.

"Well, you've got it down pretty pat. There's not much beyond those two main ideas. Just understand and really remember that the Order is organized across Harper, meaning just because you get out of the direct watch of once City, doesn't mean that another isn't looking out for you should you betray the Order.

Though, I guess you could board a boat and hope that it goes far enough away from Harper - and that there aren't any Order members on board. So, yeah. Don't betray them, disobey them, you get the point.

Actually, that's how I met my haunter here, Alons. His original handler was an order rogue who went rogue, so to speak. He was a baby ghastly, and after his handler was...taken care of, he came under my care. I was brand new to the Order then, so it was quite the welcome.

That said, you don't have such an introduction, let's hope it stays that way. Though I don't suspect any issues."

In the time of their conversation, they had walked a number of blocks through Fough at this point. They were approaching the outskirts of the north-western edge of the city. The construction of homes were given more space between the next one. Yards began to form around homes, there was a larger presence of kids and families running about.

Some kids in the streets would stop and stare at the now standout pair who walked with a haunter and a seviper down the streets. None would bother them or cause any problems for the two to begin their planning, but they did stand out. In fact, Amaran would address this point.

"We're approaching the house, it's just up ahead. Let me give you some details about it, since being that we're in a mostly quiet, friendly neighborhood, we don't need the guardians coming and prying."

The home has a family room in the front half, with a kitchen in the rear right, and his room in the rear left. It's simple, but open. He does have a stray lillipup that he occasionally lets in from the outside to keep him company. You might want to find a way to handle that - nicely.

His chest of valuables, including scores from recent jobs are in a chest at the base of his bed, it is locked, usually.

Otherwise, the house is normal, with a door in the front, two windows on each side, and a door in the back. It's up to you how you want to proceed, this is your training. How about you look around the house, come up with a plan, and run it by me and we'll see how it goes, before you carry on with it?"

They approached and stood in front of a fairly plain, nondescript typical home of Fough. The shrubbery was kept to a minimal amount, with a couple trees dotting the edges of the property. It was actually perfect for a member of the Order. It allowed them to stay hidden, essentially in plain sight.

"So, how would you do it?" Amaran looked to Edith and grinned as he asked the question, almost teasingly putting the test before the new Order Rogue.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 06:06 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[Egg count explosion~ 6 +2 from Azazel's Flame Body (the pokemon she finds in her pack this post), +6 from two levels, +6 from PCR since my last update = 20! So, likely egg hatching next post~

Note: feel free to work in the other Pokemon as ideas come up, no rush - for now, travels-wise, she's got Abaddon and Azazel (but hasn't let Azazel out yet so isn't sure what's in that pokeball). Stone-on-a-string is the Psychic Amulet, though obviously she has no clue yet.]

Edith stayed quiet as they walked, thinking things through. Abaddon was following, free and startling people mostly on purpose as they continued on. She nodded along to show that she was listening, but she was staying quiet for the moment. It wasn't that she wasn't excited, she just wanted to not screw up her first mission - or well, her first little bit of a training exercise. She eyed her partner's Haunter when it was released with just a hint of a smile - one day she'd get one of those too, if she ever got the chance. It was a lovely companion for a Rogue, after all, and would come in handy if she ever needed to hide in a dark area - she'd heard they could hide both themselves and their trainer easily, so long as there were shadows.

Of course, another type she'd been wanting was psychic - she'd heard wondrous things about them, too, and wanted to see what they were about just as much as ghost-types. She hummed thoughtfully as they walked, and as Amaran spoke of his friend's place. She tilted her head to the side, mentally building a map as best she could as they walked. Family room to the front, kitchen to the back on one side, bedroom to the back on the other. Chest, usually locked, by his bed. Several possible entrance points, as was true with any home in the eyes of a possible burglar. Stray lillipup, that might be a snag - but it'd be take care of quietly, without killing it or making too much noise. Possibly using Abaddon, if she had that opportunity - he was a sneaky snake, she was sure, even if she hadn't been with him for long.

She dug in her pack a moment, rearranging goods to keep the most useful on top - namely, the lockpicking set. If anything was locked along the way, after all, it'd be a lot easier if that was at hand. She was startled to find two items, unexpectedly, though - a pokeball that was gently warm to the touch, which she set beside Abaddon's own, though didn't open; and a strange, purple-pink stone on a length of string. She absently pulled it over her head, and shrugged when she didn't immediately notice any difference. It must just be a pretty trinket, then - but she didn't take it off, just tucked it under her clothing. Maybe it'd prove useful, maybe not.

"From what it sounds, your friend fits in well here - not surprising, considering, yet it still surprised me." She shook her head in amusement, laughing softly. She eyed the house curiously, taking in as many details as she could force her head around. She nodded to Amaran as he mentioned taking a round of the house before deciding anything - just a little bit of a strangeness around the house would create a better opportunity for them to get in, after all. She hummed as she made a round of the house, assessing it but also making sure to keep an eye on all the other houses around - she didn't want it too clear that she was watching that one, after all, so she tried to kind of make it seem that she was giving all the houses the same sort of look-over in her round of the one house. From the outside, all of the details matched what her partner-in-crime had described.

"Do any of the windows open to the bedroom, or are they along the family room? It'd be helpful and possibly either a decently easy entrance, or quick escape route. If not, well, unless the front is kept unlocked, the back likely gives the best route of entry. It's less likely for us to be spotted poking around back there than right up front, especially if a lock or two has to be picked. As for the lillipup...I'm sure Abaddon has a way to quietly take care of it - without killing, of course, just quietly and gently knocking it out." She paused and eyed the giant snake, and felt bad for the lillipup for a moment. "If he chose to poison it though, I'd take time to heal it of the poison - wouldn't want it to die, after all." She paused, thinking things through.

"You're sure your friend isn't home? I mean, it's not technically impossible if he is, just a lot harder, and we've gotta be that much more sneaky." She paused and shrugged, and turned to Amaran. "I'd say, even if a window opens to the bedroom - get in through the back unless he doesn't lock the doors, take out the lillipup quietly and as gently as possible if it's there, then pick the trunk and loot the stuff. If things go bad and that window is there, easy escape route. But if he's in there...hell of a lot easier to just scope out the place and wait for a time he's gone."

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Nov 11 2016, 12:39 AM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2321
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1

.7!

Amaran tapped the side of his nose and gave her a smug little grin at her suggestions, and instead pointed to the roof as he spoke,
"Ahh, good ideas -- but only if you were a woman alone working on this job. Alons has taught me to really look at other options, and so should you. After all, snakes aren't so shabby at climbing up a rough wall like that, even a big beastie like Abbadon. Why not send him up and into the house through the eaves or down the chimney if it's cold to check things out for you?

"Don't ever rely on someone else's information too much -- if I told you it was empty, there's a good chance that it would be, sure, but I've been walking around with you for maybe half an hour from the Lord's place, and before that you don't know how long I was with him, nor where I was before that. My information might be old.

"So, look first, and tell me what you see and what you think."

Closer inspection would let her focus less on the architecture and more on other things about the house like she would look at a person she was sizing up as a mark. The well-worn path from front door to back, around a scraggly garden that stood browning in the autumn chill, that was not covered in leaves. The scent of smoke in the air, but not the kind that stung the back of her throat with prickles -- old smoke. The absence of a visible lillipup to bark as they had circled the house. But a shutter was slightly ajar, not open but just vented for air. The flags before the door were yet dark with dampness, but whether from below or from fairly recent passage was impossible to tell. The wood pile against the house's top layer showed light and dry where logs had been removed.

It could go either way. He could have returned, or come and gone, or only the dog could be inside, or neither of them. Amaran noticed her indecision, but gave her a nod of approval as he watched her eyes move from feature to feature. Rather than let her guess more than once, after she had answered him he would point to a narrow, almost-intentional gap under the back door. "There's always a tell, if you look close enough. With these autumn winds, nothing light stays in place for long, but there's a tuft of fur there, stuck on the wood still, and on the outside. Dogs shed, this time of year. If it had been coming out, it would have caught on the inside of the door first, not the outside. The puppy is in!" he said with a grin.

He frowned at the mention of poison for the dog, but didn't otherwise comment -- they were rogues, after all, but it was clear that he considered that a bit less...gentle than 'gentle.' Of course, that would all depend on how much trouble the dog decided to be, and well did he know it. Alons drifted off, bored. Edith watched him fade into the shadows under the house's eaves (or through the wall to watch her eventually?).

*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn* ...Mother?

The sudden intrusion on both of their minds made Amaran jump a bit. A sudden squirming in Edith's pack, a quiet pop, and the abra was sitting on the dusty cobbles between them, rubbing its eyes free of egg-damp. Edith swayed from the sudden weight change in her pack, throwing her off balance -- the abra did not help this very much as it impressed its sensation of everything is so big out here on its new handler-mother.

"Where did that little guy come from? I didn't know you had a psychic tucked up your sleeve! It looks awfully young, though -- but I've heard they grow fast. I don't doubt that you'll soon have your hands full if you don't already. I remember when my..." The rest of his words faded in importance to blurry background nothings as the abra unceremoniously and clumsily reached again into Edith's mind, rummaging around and picking up things and setting them down again like a child at a foreign banquet.

Ah... Edith. Not really Mother, but close enough, now.

She could feel that mind learning language as it sifted her memories rapidly, bringing up stay scents and bits of humor or the sensation of sunshine on her skin or the feeling of being in a childish pique or sadness as a girl... and then it was gone, pulled back and away to its own mind apparently to consider and examine all that it saw.

"...But you should really put it back in its ball if you're not planning on using it until it gets a little stronger. I want to see you try a plan before he comes back tonight, so this time I want you to tell me what you want to do -- no 'I think' or 'maybe,' but a real plan and then we'll start right off on it-- Edith, are you listening to me?"

Whoops.

Edith reflexively popped her ears with a little shake of her head. She had, at least, heard the last part.

EGG HATCH GO NOSY ABRA

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 06:55 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

Edith blushed just a tiny bit with his obvious suggestion, and reflected that he was right - Abaddon was her partner, and just as strong and able to help as she was. "Good point - not used to working with a Pokemon able to climb. I'll have to practice with him between missions, get us both used to working together..." She paused and shook her head, getting herself back in to the game. She took a little bit to go over the house for more than just the architecture, taking in little things she had missed before - she hadn't had to think of breaking in to a place in a long time, and she was irritated at how rusty she apparently was.

"It'd be impossible to tell - from what I see, at the very least he was here recently. There's dry wood in wet conditions, smell of smoke though it's old. He's spent a lot of time here; the garden is mostly cared for, free of leaves but slowly browning - perhaps he's not the most attentive of gardeners, but the lack of leaves shows he at least tries and puts some amount of time in to it." She paused and eyed the house again, thinking - and Amaran pointed out a small thing she'd missed, in the fur in the door. She shook her head in exasperation at herself, reminding herself yet again that she needed to practice again - it had been too long.

Then they were both distracted by a light voice, and even she jumped - and then, there was an Abra in front of her, staring up at her like she was the only thing that existed. She felt it reach into her mind and she instinctively started to flinch back from the intrusion, but it did no good - and then she realized it wasn't trying to hurt her like she'd been told, once long ago, that they would. No, it was just trying to figure out its place in her life - she blinked as it pulled back to process, and shook her head slightly. She vaguely knew that Amaran had been speaking, and had processed what she could, but she knew she'd missed something - she shook her head again and her ears popped, and suddenly she didn't seem quite as purely focused on the little Psychic-type in front of her.

"I'd have told you if I'd known - he just hatched." she said sheepishly, blinking only slightly in surprise to have already known the Abra's gender. "His name is...Asmodeus." She shook her head again, clearing it a bit further - the newly-named Asmodeus was busy processing, even as she reached down automatically and pat his head. He'd take a while to process and settle down before he was ready to do anything else - how she knew this, she had no clue, but she knew it was true. Humming softly, she pulled out a pokeball and tapped him with it, recalling him without a fuss - they'd talk more later, when the processing was over and done with. She shook her head again, and looked at Amadan, blushing slightly.

"Sorry - he must have just hatched from the egg I took." It had been unexpected, but she was glad to have a Pokemon of such strength on her side - or at least, he'd have quite a lot of strength when he was trained. As she set his pokeball in the same place she kept Abaddon's, her hand brushed against another two that gave off a sense of heat - that would have to be checked in to later, hopefully when she wasn't being put on the spot. "Okay, so. We know that the Lillipup is likely inside, and we're after not making a big racket and revealing ourselves and all that...Asmodeus would be wonderful here, but he's still processing what he picked up from me." She pondered on the problem, thinking quickly.

"I think...I'm going to see what's in this Pokeball, and return Abaddon for now. He may come in handy later - but a huge snake like that, even as sneaky as he can be, is likely to make quite a racket. Let's...let's see what else I found in this mysterious bag of mine." She hummed softly to herself as she recalled the giant snake - she trusted him already, but the snake was prone to getting into trouble, and that was exactly what she didn't need just at the moment.

She pulled out one of the pokeballs at her side, one she wasn't sure what was in it, and pressed the button - soon enough, she was surprised to see the small Gastly there, hovering and staring at her. She blinked, and smiled slightly as the Gastly blinked back - this, now this she could totally use. Abaddon had his uses, and giant snake as he was, he was a useful Pokemon to use in a fight - but this...with this, she could be sneakier.

"I believe...this will be much more useful than Abaddon would be, in this case." she said with a hint of satisfaction, then turned her attention to the ghost in front of her. "Nom, my newfound friend - can you go in all quiet-like and scout for us? We need to know what's in there - hopefully we'll luck out and it's just that Lillipup, and if that's so then we've got the advantage."

"Can do, boss-lady." Edith jumped slightly as she understood the words, not having expected it, but before she could ask how she could understand the ghost, the ghost was already off and mostly phased through the house. It'd likely take some time to return, but well, that gave her a moment to think and plan with Amaran.

"So, uh. Not related to this, but...is there anything out there that'd let me understand Pokemon speech? Like, uh...well. I ask 'cause I understood what she told me there..." She seemed a bit confused, but glad at the same time - it was definitely a useful ability, to say the least. After receiving whatever sort of answer that Amaran might give, she'd then turn her mind back to the plan.

"Anyways. I say...if it's just the Lillipup, we're in luck. Nom should be able to report in on what she sees - and if it's just the Lillipup, we do this quick and quiet. We can get in through the barely-open shutters, less conspicuous I think - assuming they're not trapped, which they didn't seem to be. From there, we quietly take out the Lillipup - fastest, quietest way I can think of is to have Nom share a space with it, knock it out quickly and quietly that way - she's made of gas, can't be good for the system - and we make sure the dog doesn't die, just gets knocked out. Then we head straight for this chest you speak of - I should be able to pick the lock, hopefully quickly - and we get out quietly, likely back through the shutter and close it all back up." She paused a moment, thinking things through quickly, and shrugged.

"I'm not sure what to do if it's not just the Lillipup, though - especially since this is supposed to be quick and quiet. Suggestions?"

[OOC: Pulling in Nom the Gastly here, because he's theoretically more useful than a huge snake (and I have training plans for said huge snake atm). Also: the pokeball she's talking about here, the one she hasn't opened - that's Azazel. She's only got Eurynomos, Abaddon, Azazel and Asmodeus so far in travels.]

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 09:16 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1614
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

[[+0.7 EXP for your post! Feel free to write Nom’s dialogue for the description part. And wow, the RNG was really not on your side today… rolled 1-85 that Nom stays unnoticed and rolled an 89]]

Amaran listened carefully as Edith described her observations. Aside from missing the fur, which was a big clue but perhaps not the easiest thing to see or the first thing she would have been looking for, he thought she was doing a good job. After all, no heist was ever as simple as it appeared to be, and he knew she would have to be prepared for the unexpected.

Which was what happened next, as Edith’s egg exploded into the form of an abra who promptly began nosing around in her mind, investigating everything he saw. “That’s a stroke of good luck, then, if you can control it,” Amaran said, before launching into an explanation that Edith mostly missed. As soon as the abra was gone, however, he hoped she would be prepared to deliver her version of the plan.

He was surprised when she chose a mystery poke ball instead of Abaddon, although her reasoning seemed solid, and she got lucky - a gastly emerged from the ball, clearly willing to obey orders even though it presumably hadn’t met its handler yet. “That’s a big chance you took - it’s relatively safe for now, since we’re pretty sure we’re alone, but I’d advise you to not do that on a more serious mission. What if there had been an onix in there, or a hungry snorlax who started eating the siding of the house? Or even something slightly less obedient than the ghost you discovered there… any pokemon can be a serious threat in battle.”

Luckily, though, Edith didn’t have to worry about that at the moment. The gastly departed according to its handler’s orders, and yet the young woman seemed surprised. Was it that the task had gone too easily, or was something else at play? He grinned when he heard her question. “Seems like you got one of the most useful items for a thief - a Psychic Amulet. It’ll let you understand pokemon speech, but it takes some getting used to, and some pokemon don’t like talking to their handlers. You lucked out again that the gastly spoke to you,” he added with a shifty glance, hoping to convince her that she couldn’t rely on this luck all the time.

Once the gastly began to float out of sight, Amaran turned back to her. “I wouldn’t usually advise using a brand-new pokemon for scouting, but if this… Nom seems to give good reports, I’ve got no problem with it. Just make sure to stay on top of your plan, you never know what she’ll find in there.” He looked appraisingly at the new recruit, wondering what the gastly was telling her.

Nom’s initial descriptions were simple enough. There was a cloak tossed over a chair, a panel of siding that looked like it needed to be replaced. Some kind of food smelled good, like a mixture of her favorite berries. But before long, she reported that there had been a single movement, and she followed it to find the lillipup, relaxing on a cushion near a brown settee.

The lillipup, she was able to say, seemed relatively bored, not engaged in any sort of activity at the moment. She described what happened as she entered the room, but her words stopped as the lillipup began to sniff the air, turning his head around, searching for a particular scent.

Nom was still invisible, but lillipups have incredibly strong noses, sometimes even strong enough that they can track people and pokemon from miles away. This particular lillipup belonged to someone in the Order, and he was not entirely unused to the smell of a gastly. It was sickening, something that made him want to pass out. He could remember his handler telling him that he had to stay in the fray, he had to keep working with the stinky pokemon. And now he smelled it again.

He couldn’t tell precisely where the gastly was, but he knew that it was somewhere nearby, close enough for him to want to sneeze in an attempt to rid his nostrils of the stench. Since he couldn’t locate it, he couldn’t strike out right away, but he could activate a plan of his own, set in place for circumstances like these…

The lillipup let out a single bark as he used Double Team, creating six lillipup clones who began to sprint off in different directions. Was this simply a diversion to stop the real one from getting hurt? Or was one of the clones - or the actual lillipup - trying to do something of its own in retaliation?

Nom was in range to explain what had happened to Edith, but neither the gastly nor the new Order rogue would have much time. The lillipups were up to something, and if Edith wanted a shot at the treasure, she needed to figure out how to stop them, and fast. Was it worth it to try to break into the house at this point, or could she work well enough with Nom - and possibly another of her pokemon - to deal with the threat from the outside? Either way, her own plans were shaken but not completely destroyed, and she needed to find a way to salvage what was left of her initial ideas and come up with some new ones before things went too badly.

-------------

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/506.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Lillipup
Condition: Fine
- Used Double Team to create six clones that are now running around the house

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 08:41 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[New eggie to be hatched means travels gets attention again! http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png Shinx Egg count 2 (thanks to Azazel's presence in the party)!

As a note, in case it gets lost: She's got Abaddon, Azazel, Asmodeus, and Eurynomos in travels so far. Egg on her team and Samael haven't been worked in, nor any of her Pokemon in storage.]

---

"If we were in a situation where a random Pokemon might do more harm than good, out would have come Abaddon," she said simply, completely unapologetic for her decision to let out the Gastly. It had worked out, after all - only, rather quickly, things went wrong. Nom had been giving a good report at first, telling her about the layout of the room. She was doing well, and invisible too - and yet, the Lillipup had still been alerted. Nom reported that the Lillipup had been sniffing the air - was it that obvious, what was going on? "Crap - the Lillipup's inside and smelt Nom's presence," she said quickly to Amaran, frowning slightly.

She had to react, and quickly, before the Lillipup escaped. She pressed two of her pokeballs, took a single deep breath, and dug through her pack for something she knew would help. As she searched, she spoke. "Abaddon, and uh - " She glanced up, having done no more than touch the Pokeball of the Ponyta she found in front of her previous to now. A single blink was the only thing that betrayed her surprise to find a fully-equipped Ponyta in front of her, and she recovered quickly. "I'm gonna call you Azazel. You two, keep an eye on the doors. If anything tries to escape - there's a Lillipup in there that made copies of itself - attack it. Try something with range, something that can attack more than one at once. If it's the real thing, subdue it quickly; if it's fake, ignore it." She continued rummaging in her pack, ignoring (for the most part) that the two Pokemon she'd just released glanced at each other, at the house, then took up positions outside each of the doors - that would keep the doors fairly contained, at least, in case the Lillipup tried to escape that way.

Her rummaging finally found what she'd been looking for: a set of goggles, which she immediately scrambled to put on. It took a bit of adjusting and a fair amount of figuring out what she was seeing through them - but according to the person who'd given them to her, they could see through illusions, which was something she really needed right then. She debated on letting out Asmodeus and getting his help as well. After several moments, she finally decided that it would be worth getting his help - the more help, the better, in this sort of case. "Mod, I need you to figure out what the Lillipup has planned. I know it's sudden, and you haven't done this before - but I still need your help here. I can keep our team in contact," she touched her psychic amulet a brief moment before continuing, "but I can't reach out like you can to Pokemon not on our team."

I can try, but no guarantees, the small Abra projected into her mind, and she shrugged in response. She had known there was no guarantee, but this could still help them. Edith glanced at Amaran, wondering if he had any input on what to do from here.

"I think they can keep this relatively contained - Nom will keep watch inside to see if any of the copies try and escape through windows or whatever, while Azazel and Abaddon keep an eye on the doors. Mod here is going to try and pinpoint which Lillipup is the real one - and more importantly, what its plan is - and if we see any of them, these goggles are supposed to help me see through illusions. I don't know if it'll help in this situation, but well, better to try anyways. Any further ideas?"

---

TL;DR messiness: Abaddon has one door guarded, Azazel has the other - orders are to attack with essentially AoE anything that comes through, ignoring copies that take no damage and focusing on whatever does get hurt. Nom is keeping an eye from inside, to see if she can spot any of the Lillipup escaping from ways not being the doors. Mod is at Edith's side, trying to get a psychic connection with the Lillipup; will likely Teleport to it and try and use Telekinesis to confuse it and/or slow it down, if he gets a lock on it.

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 11:10 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

[[ +0.7 EXP for you! And welcome back to Edith's travels http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/28.png ]]

With the plan set, it was now time to see if Edith's pokemon could subdue the lillipup before it got out - if that was truly its plan.

The lillipup, startled by the gastly's sudden appearance, seemed disoriented, sending his clones careening through the house in a random manner. One slammed into a bookshelf and disappeared in a flash of light, but the next lillipup to hit the shelf was apparently the real one, and sent books tumbling down and making a noise loud enough for Amaran to hear. He promptly swore under his breath, then charged Edith: "Fix this - we'll have half the neighborhood here in no time!"

The lillipup stood up once more, clones still racing through the house, trying to find the intruder and getting confused by the new smells of even more pokemon nearby. One quick attempt to scout the front door had the dog pokemon yelping in surprise and making a hasty retreat, only lingering long enough for the seviper's attack to take out another one of the clones.

With a similar event occurring at the back door with Azazel, the lillipup and the three remaining clones huddled close together near the fallen books. The young dog pokemon's bravery was running out, and his overwhelmed mind was making it easier for the abra to seek out his mind. The psychic-type was able to sense a few brief images in the panicked thoughts, but nothing more - a red book, a rusty key, and a handful of shiny gold coins, perhaps some odd things to be thinking about at that time, but there was no further plan in the pokemon's head. The pokemon seemed alarmed at Asmodeus' mind-reading, but didn't stand up, choosing to stay where he was and simply begin whining. Was the battle won so simply?

Just as the situation would seem calm enough for the pokemon to stand down, a hurried clomp would reveal that the lillipup had not, in fact, been alone in the house. The lillipup stood up, his courage beginning to return, as the figure obviously familiar to him entered the room. The greyish chinchilla pokemon was not in as pristine of a condition as the species was known to prefer, but anger flared in her eyes, and Edith might not even need the cue from the lillipup's reaction to know that this cinccino was somehow its mother.

There would be only the briefest of time to realize which lillipup was the true one before the cinccino began to scream, first facing the front door, then the back door.

"Get inside, now! We have to stop this thing!" Amaran shouted, taking a poke ball in his hand. He gave no further guidance, but Edith had a plethora of pokemon to choose from, although several were new to her team. Which pokemon - or group of pokemon - would be the most helpful in silencing the cinccino? And, of course, there were multiple ways to do that... although, harming the pokemon of a fellow Order rogue was likely not the best idea.

Without much time to think, but with a larger team to command, what would Edith do?

-------------

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/506.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Lillipup
Condition: Scared, but physically fine
- Down to 3 clones
- Was running through the house, but has returned to the overturned bookshelf
- Asmodeus was able to read a few brief thoughts from the lillipup's mind

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/573.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
Angry Mama Cinccino
Condition: Fine
- ANGRY
- Curled around lillipup
- Using Echoed Voice in the direction of the two doors
sorry to throw another angry mama pokemon at you but there is a plan for this!

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 04:35 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[Shinx egg count: 4 (thanks to Azazel!)

As a note: Eurynomos is level 11, has been with Edith since level 5. She's gained the happiness from this, but...what about the TMs? Normally she should have learned 1/2 the TM set for her secondary typing (technically primary, but her second type at least) starting at level 10. I say "normally" here because the type she doesn't know is poison, and she can only learn 3 poison-type TMs - so she should know either 1/3 or 2/3 of these moves, but doesn't know any. Can I get this fixed, please?]

---

Edith, too, cursed under her breath - there wasn't much else she could do, seeing as the intention was to keep this quiet. Things had been bound to go wrong when Pokemon were involved, but it had been going well until whatever that screamer was inside - a Cinccino, Nom informed her quickly - started to kick up a fuss. Hissing softly with frustration, she nodded to Amaran as he told her to enter quickly. "Take the door that Abaddon went in, if you can, to get him inside easier - I'll go the other way. We'll all go in so as to seem a little less suspicious out here - inside's already alerted, little reason to stay out here at this point," she said quickly, voice focused and intent.

Gone was any trace of the fun-loving persona she usually fronted, and some hint of frustration was present - her team needed so much training to get to work smoothly. To be fair, they were mostly new Pokemon. They'd had some form of training, and weren't nearly as weak as they had been - it was a process, not an immediate thing, after all - but well. They had a long way to go, that was for certain, before they all worked as a true team. As she moved towards the door that Azazel guarded, she sent out silent commands to each of her Pokemon; even her mental voice was focused and intent, as she told them what to watch for.

Abaddon, enter through whatever means possible - don't break your way through, use something available to you. Keep that Lillipup contained.

Nom, make that noise-maker sleep. If you get the chance, try to make the Lillipup sleep too - but keep your focus on the mother, yeah?

Mod, keep your mental focus on the mother. Once it's asleep - assuming Nom can work her magic - get in there and try to keep them calm. It won't be easy, but try not to attack unless completely necessary.

Azazel, I'm on my way towards you. I get the door open, you head in and keep your eyes out.

We're all a team, we do this together. Only attack if you have no other choice - these Pokemon appear to belong to a fellow Order member, after all.

With that done, she turned her focus back to the plan. It was complicated, it was convoluted, and it had a rather high chance of blowing up in her face - but it was what she could come up with, on such short notice. She cursed to herself, thinking over the moves that her team could learn but just didn't know yet - then turned her attention to what they did know. That was what was important here, in any case. Luckily for her standing in the Order, this was the practice mission; in the long run, it all meant very little, honestly.

That said, it wasn't looking good so far. Her first mission, practice or not, was blowing up in her face - and all because she hadn't thought about the fact that a Lillipup had a good sniffer, and had smelled her otherwise-invisible gas-Pokemon. But she pushed it out of her mind fairly quickly - she could berate herself later. For now, what was important was what lay directly in front of her; soon enough, she'd have to bark out further orders, she was certain of it. She grimaced for only a moment before her face smoothed once again, and she was focused on the task at hand: if the door was locked, with any luck, it'd take only a moment to unlock.

Hopefully, this wouldn't blow up in her face as the rest of the plan already had. She'd open the door, let in Azazel - Pokemon were dangerous, better to have a Pokemon ready to take a hit if it came to that - and follow behind her Ponyta. She hated that this would likely mean that Azazel would be hurt in some way, but there was no other option just at the moment; if any of her Pokemon fell in battle, she was ready to recall them into their pokeballs. Again, though, she hoped it wouldn't come to battle: these were not wild Pokemon, they likely belonged to whoever owned the house. The Cinccino was a surprise, according to Amaran - hopefully, it would be the only surprise inside.

---

Eurynomos: using Hypnosis on the Cinccino as much as possible, trying to force sleep. If it works quickly, will do the same to Lillipup; otherwise, focuses entirely on Cinccino (aka the source of the noise).

Abaddon: slithering into the house through any means possible (door if possible, otherwise will enter via closest entrance, will Wrap the Lillipup to prevent escape if possible [if successful, intends to keep it held/squeezed but not hurt it too much (mostly for containment)]

Asmodeus: "watching" Eurynomos' position closely. If he "sees" Cinccino fall asleep, will Teleport inside and try to keep Lillipup/Cinccino's sleeping form quiet using psychic power - will only attack if necessary

Azazel: Also entering the building; Edith enters through the door she was guarding, letting Azazel go first. Will only attack if she has no other choice, will not willingly use fire-type moves while indoors (other than status moves like Will-O-Wisp).

Edith: opens the door that Azazel stands in front of, lets Azazel through first (Azazel likely to get hit by Echoed Voice). Will enter after Azazel.

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 03:44 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

[[ +0.7 EXP for you, which means Edith levels up to 5, 0.18/5! Her egg gains another three counts and her pokemon each gain two levels. The sneaky snek levels to 19 and learns Glare, Azazel levels to 14 and learns Flame Wheel, Asmodeus levels to 12 with no new moves, Eurynomos levels to 13 and learns Curse (and her three poison TMs, Toxic, Venoshock, and Sludge Bomb), and Samael doesn't gain any levels thanks to his note (let me know if you want him to have the levels and I can fix that for you). Onwards! *rolls a lot of dice* ]]

Edith's plan was complicated, yet even with the stress of the situation, she had managed to come up with something that played to the strengths - or at least the type-based capabilities - of each of her pokemon. New team though they may be, the plan only required each pokemon to do his or her individual task, which did increase the chance of success. Amaran, meanwhile, kept his poke ball unopened, waiting to see what would happen to Edith's great gamble.

As the cinccino continued to scream, her voice echoing through the otherwise-empty room, she was soon accosted by none other than Nom the gastly. The ghost-type tried to hypnotize the cinccino, only for the chinchilla pokemon to become even angrier and try to slap the ghost with her tail. Unable to interact with Nom physically, she recoiled in shock, giving Nom an opportunity to swoop in again. The initial sleep was fitful as she fought the Hypnosis, but if Nom stayed by the normal-type's side, she would find it easier to keep her asleep for longer.

It seemed like quite the easy solution, and in fact, it would be a little too easy. The cinccino rolled around in her sleep, and, without opening her eyes, began to mutter and mumble. Her murmurings unleashed a bright light - luckily not anything that would catch the place on fire, but Nom would be temporarily blinded by the flash.

Asmodeus would be able to seize control then, finding the cinccino still agitated in her sleep. There were several options to subdue her from here - continued Hypnosis from Nom, although this may exhaust the ghost-type all too soon, or some mental manipulation from Asmodeus. He could choose to try to simply dampen her energy, although there were other routes as well - what did the young psychic feel comfortable with, and did Edith have a say in her pokemon's response?

Edith stood outside near Azazel, waiting for the ponyta to enter. The ponyta's ears rang and she flinched from the sheer volume of the cinccino's cries, but the normal-type soon quieted down and the ponyta relaxed slightly, although a ringing echoed in her ears even after the move had ended. As her handler entered the house behind her, she would see Abaddon encroaching on the lillipup, getting closer and closer.

The young dog pokemon let out several barks as Abaddon got closer, but was successfully trapped in the snake's coils, only to commence wriggling around, eventually biting down on the seviper's skin.

Whatever it had taken to get them to this point, however annoying it had been - and however much the lillipup still wriggled even in captivity - Edith and her team were in the house.

"Well, it's not ideal, but we made it, and I've seen worse from a first-timer," Amaran said with a small smile as he stepped through the door. "But I bet we don't have much time before the cinccino wakes up or our friend returns home - and that's assuming the Guardians aren't on their way from the sound of the scuffle." He released the ball in his hands then, showing the haunter he had spoken of earlier. "So, what's the plan to get at that locked chest?"

-------------

Current Team Conditions

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/92gastly.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
Nom
- Hit by Echoed Voice and Tail Slap, neither of which did any damage because ghost-type
- Hit by Dazzling Gleam from the cinccino's Sleep Talk ( -24% health, temporarily blinded )

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/63abra.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Asmodeus
- Fine

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/77ponyta.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
Azazel
- Hit by Echoed Voice ( -38% damage, ears ringing )

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/336seviper.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Abaddon
- Was able to enter through the door
- Restraining the lillipup with Coil
- Hit by Bite ( -16% damage )

VERSUS

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/573.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
- Sleeping fitfully after succumbing to second Hypnosis
- Used Sleep Talk, which turned into Dazzling Gleam

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/506.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
- Caught by Abaddon
- Struggling and flailing
- Used Bite on Abaddon

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 10:15 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[Shinx Egg Count: 6 thanks to Azazel]

[OOC: Starting in on my trick now. Evolution happening here from two Rare Candies applied during the update request (4 rare candies recently, might have a bit extra energy but not super bad)!]

As Edith adjusted to what was going on, she started hearing some sort of daring, upbeat music. "Do...do you hear that?" she asked at this point, frowning in confusion and staring around her. She would look a little bit crazy for a bit, trying to find a source of music that nobody else could hear - but she would eventually shrug it off.

"She's hearing music, sourceless - possibly a ghost trick," Asmodeus would transmit to anyone in their group willing to hear - Abaddon and Azazel would both snort in amusement, even as Abaddon continued to try and keep the Lillipup contained. He didn't know if Amaran would hear it, or his Gengar - but well, anything was better than nothing.

As things started to die down - and their plan seemed to at least mostly work - Edith's soundtrack would shift to something on-edge, but not entirely like the sound of battle-get-it-done music. She still had no clue where the source of the music was, but was starting to realize there was nothing for it but to try and do stuff despite it - it all seemed to mean that while they weren't outright in battle right now, they definitely weren't anything approaching clear.

Nom would, despite her blindness, stick close to Cinccino and press hypnosis into the sleeping form as hard as she could. It wasn't a safe bet by any means, but she did have backup - Asmodeus popped in right after the Dazzling Gleam flashy thing that blinded her, guiding the ghost to the Cinccino's side. For the moment, though, Asmodeus wouldn't do anything further to the Cinccino. No - instead, he went back to Edith's side, grumbling slightly - he had just been there, after all - but took the candy offered to him without a second glance. It was delicious, just like last time - but unlike last time, this time he could feel a strong buildup of power.

He revelled in the power, glowing bright white for a few long seconds and changing form - he'd evolved right then and there, the candies dumping him just on the other side of the power level he'd been building up towards. Soon enough, he stood about twice as tall as before - though it seemed closer to three times, seeing as he'd nearly always sat directly on the ground, before. He would glance down at his hands briefly, then up at Edith and Amaran, and nod slightly towards Edith. His connection with his human had increased, as had his knowledge of others - his brain seemed to make connections that much faster, with less effort than before. It was...quite simply, amazing.

But there was no time for that, not right now. One last time, he would Teleport back into the room and glance down at the Cinncino - focusing on the blasted thing, he would do his best to keep it asleep, pressuring its mind with his own.

Whatever it takes, do it. Don't kill - subdue. Edith called out to her team with the help of the psychic amulet, and she heard the music change again - to something with a higher pitch. Something had shifted in everyone's understanding of each other, but she didn't know what - couldn't place it. She would glance at Amaran, then over at Abaddon and the Lillipup.

"Abaddon, keep it contained. Azazel, keep an eye on them - if the Lillipup escapes, contain it. Asmod, Nom - you're doing great. Nom, break off - keep an eye out. Alert us if you see anything approaching the house. As, keep it down. Need be, knock it out." With the help of the psychic amulet, Edith quickly went down the list of things that needed to be done, then turned her attention back to Amaran. Digging in her pack for just a moment - she'd kept it handy since the purchase - she pulled out the lockpicking set.

"Lock should pose no problem, in theory - lemme try this before we do anything else. If this doesn't work - well. Let's not count the Eggs before they hatch, yeah?" She would shrug then, and walk through the house until they came across the chest - at which point, she would get to work. If luck were on their side, they would be able to get the lock picked quickly, then get their butts out of there. Something that sounded like the Jeopordy theme tune - though of course, that part went right over her head - started playing, as a sort of "you're on a time limit now" theme tune.

---

[Lots of things happening all at once!

Nom: gets lead to Cinccino despite her blindness, does what she can to keep the Cinccino down. Once As is back, is asked to break off from that and try and keep a watch out.

Asmodeus: leads Nom to Cinccino to help keep it asleep, then Teleports out to Edith's side. Eats two Rare Candies, evolves. Teleports back in, focuses back on Cinccino with psychic power. Intends to use psychic power to keep it asleep - if this seems to have no effect, will proceed to use Dream Eater until it's unconscious.

Abaddon: Continues Wrapping the Lillipup despite the chance of more damage, annoyed that he can't use poison at the moment but understands why.

Azazel: keeping watch on Abaddon and Lillipup to make sure Lillipup stays put. Will do whatever it takes to keep Lillipup there if it breaks free from Abaddon.

Edith: calling out orders, gives As his two candies.]

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Fough Place | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.