Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Hadrian Treefeller's Travels, Saladin
relapo
 Posted: Jun 28 2015, 08:54 PM
| Quote |

Foodie
Background Mods
Total Posts: 439
Member No. 1720
Joined on 23-July 14.

Characters:
Henric Simnel, Clara Tines, Issaac Karel

Awards: None

Welcome to Harper! Remember to keep and egg count going at the top or bottom of each post, link your travels into your signature as shown in your application acceptance post, and put up a response in the Update Request Thread after every time you post here! Have fun!

RP Sample/Prologue

--

It was a balmy day. The winds only breezed by without much force, and the sun was high. As Hadrian would begin his journey out of town, very few would notice his presence. The boy would largely begin making his way out of town without being hindered. The town itself was small, but mostly considered an offshoot of Miramossa. It was a short walk into Miramossa proper, but Hadrian traveled westwardly, away from Miramossa and the town that held difficult memories.

The town did have a few pubs that would line the streets. They served as social gatherings for those in the evenings. One of the few places outside of Miramossa to gather and gossip about the strange things that happen around the historic city. It is considered taboo to speak too openly about the illusions of Miramossa within the town's limits...when they were well defined. If Hadrian desired, he could venture into one of these pubs and listen to the stories of old. Perhaps there would be some stories worth investigating; perhaps there were just old intoxicated men who like to spew tales between brews. Regardless, the entertainment value alone might be worth the journey.

Before the towns edge, Hadrian would come upon a small clearing with a brook running along the eastern edge. It was small and quaint, but a perfect opportunity for Hadrian to perhaps meet his new companion within his bag. If he explored the bag further, he would also find more items left behind. There were a handful of pokeballs, a couple wrapped candies, a few berries, three potions, and a pokecard that would be more useful around Hadrian's neck.

Across from the clearing was a small shop. Inside the old building, Hadrian would find a variety of potions and pokeballs lining the walls. There would be other small knick-knacks that the traveling handler could hope to pick up. It wouldn't be as well stocked as many general shoppes, but if Hadrian approached the kind, elderly woman behind the counter and requested items, she would oblige to the best of her ability - for a cost of course. Depending on Hadrian's approach, she may return with a request of her own.

Hadrian could ignore any of these areas of interest and continue walking toward route six which lay ahead, or he could make a stop - or three. The choice was his now that his journey had begun. What would he do with it?

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Jun 28 2015, 10:25 PM
| Quote |

The Sultan/Paladin of Salads
Background Mods
Total Posts: 560
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: 3

Hadrian looked up at the sky and gave a small smile at how nice it felt outside. Even though the sun was high and it was likely to get a bit warmer, the weather was pleasant enough at the moment that he had no issues with it. He knew after a while he might sweat, but it would be fine. Anyone who worked under the sun for days got used to the weather, after all. After a short period of time, he stopped looking up at the sky and resumed his walk out of town. He noted that there seemed to be very few beings around, but that was perfectly fine with him.

He already said his farewells to people back in town before he left to visit the grave, and the only thing to do was just travel westward. As he moved through the town, he noted a few pubs along the street. Part of him was very tempted to go inside and get a drink, but he had no desire to quench a thirst that did not need quenching. Granted, he thought he could hear something that sounded interesting in one of the pubs, but for all he knew it could be just a drunken old man telling tall tales about the past. After mulling it over for a few seconds, Hadrian reluctantly decided to move on, despite that he could hear some interesting tales.

However, he did silently vow that the next time he passed by this city, he would enter a pub and listen to some of the tales the old men spewed. There usually was a grain of truth in each tall tale, after all. It would be interesting to see what kind of wild goose chase he might go on if he heard a very interesting story. But for now, he continued on towards the exit of the town. As he walked on, he saw a small clearing with a brook. It took him just a few seconds to decide that he may as well stop here for a few moments and do something he wished to do: find out just what pokemon he got from his father that was in the pokeball.

He went on his knees down onto the ground, and removed the small pack from his right shoulder and placed it on the ground. As he opened up the pack and looked inside the bag, he noted a few more items he missed earlier. Granted, he didn't exactly look that hard in the bag, but now that he looked there were quite a few goodies.

"A few pokeballs... berries, potions... a pokecard, how useful... and candies? I guess I'll have to ask around about what these candies do... maybe I give them to my pokemon. Ah here it is, the pokeball..." Hadrian spoke.

For a few seconds, he looked at the pokeball and gave a small smile before releasing the pokemon that was inside it. A small flash signaled the pokemon appearing from inside the pokeball, and after his eyes got rid of the flash, he noted a small pokemon that was barely over a foot tall. The little pokemon looked at him with a curious but calm look, and Hadrian gave a smile to the pokemon.

"Heh... nice to meet you, little one. You're rather cute but look strong already, I must admit. I should have known that my father would get me a Turtwig of all pokemon... I talked about your type when I was little frequently."

The little green Turtwig stared at Hadrian for a second, as if she was sizing him up and determining his words. After a few seconds, she gave him a friendly smile back and held out her head to his hand. Hadrian blinked before giving a quiet chuckle and petted the Turtwig on her head, making sure to be careful about the little sapling on top. After a few moments, he looked at her curiously and asked the Turtwig a question.

"So... are you male, little one?" Hadrian asked. The Turtwig shook her head away from Hadrian's hand and stared blankly at him, as if saying 'uhhh, no...' which made him chuckle at the blank expression the Turtwig had at his question. "Ok... that answers my question, so you're a cute girl then. Let's see... as much as I like calling you little one, I think it'll mean a lot more if I give you a name. I'll just put out a few names I can think of and let me know what you think about them." He said, which got a nod from the Turwig.

"Shelly? Leaf? Arbol? Torta? Green? Folia?"

The female Turtwig gave a shake of the head at the first four names, before looking at Hadrian with an expression that indicated it was not that amused about the name 'Green' before stopping and thinking about the last name. Hadrian patiently waited a few seconds as the female Turtwig shook her head like she was mulling it over, before he finally got a nod from the Turtwig about the name.

"Awesome then! So Folia it is. I'm Hadrian, and I hope we become the greatest of friends and good companions Folia!" He spoke, smiling at the newly named Folia.

Folia closed her eyes and smiled at him before saying her species name and giving him a small nuzzle with her head. Hadrian just chuckled before petting her on the head again - either she was affectionate enough or she just liked being petted on the head. He didn't mind either way, for he liked doing a little bonding with his pokemon even if he just met her.

"Ok now... I need to figure out what these little candies in my bag are for, and probably to put this pokecard around my neck." Hadrian muttered as he put the pokecard around his neck. As he looked around a bit, he noted a small shop across the clearing where he and Folia were. Perhaps he would get some answers inside, and perhaps find some good stuff he could potentially buy.

"All right... shall we head over to that shop, Folia? Maybe we'll find some good stuff for us in there." Hadrian spoke as he started to stand up from his kneeling postion.

Folia looked at Hadrian as he stood up and started to realize just how tall and intimidating her trainer looked. Though she already could tell a bit that he was friendly, but she nearly took an unconscious step back at seeing him stand at full height. However, she was able to give a small nod back to Hadrian and waited for him to move.

He gave Folia a smile before walking over to the little shop with his bag in his hands, and Folia silently following after him. She was also peering around a bit to make sure nothing crazy was going to happen to them and her as they walked, but it seemed safe enough to her. When Hadrian got to the building, he opened the door and let Folia walk into the building in front of him before entering the shop himself.

His first impression was that it seemed rather nice and well-kept, with potions and pokeballs easily visible. However, he also wondered if the shop had more in stock. At the counter, he noted an elderly woman and gave a friendly smile and wave to the woman.

"Ah, hello there! Could I ask you for a bit of help? I have a couple of odd blue-colored candies, and I'm not exactly sure what they are for. If you can help me understand what they do, it would be appreciated! Also... I'm wondering if you have anything else in stock outside of potions and pokeballs, miss. I'm rather interested to see what kind of merchandise you have! Oh.. and I hope it's all right that my partner Folia is out of her pokeball.. I wanted to bond with her a bit and walk with her for a little. We just met today, and I'm still rather excited after meeting her... hehehe." Hadrian said, a bright, friendly smile on his face.

Next to him on the floor, Folia gave a friendly smile to the old woman behind the counter too even though she didn't have as much visibility on the woman like Hadrian did.

[OOC: Egg Count: 1]

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

Carni: Nothing is impossible as long as there's enough BS to cushion it.
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Jul 3 2015, 06:45 AM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Total Posts: 934
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:
Elena "Ellie" Fletcher, Clare Everhart,

Awards: 2

[ +0.7 EXP for last post. ]
---
    The shopkeep smiled at Hadrian in return, sparing a friendly glance toward his pokemon, as well. She moved from where she was stocking a few shelves to behind the counter, spreading her hands out on the smooth, worn surface. “Oh, you must mean Rare Candies. I’d be willing to buy them off you, lad, but I think you’d get more use out of them if you give the candies to your pokemon, there. A ‘mon tends to bond faster to a handler when they’re given a couple at a time. Of course it is welcome here, young man—I cater to pokemon and their handlers, after all. Other stock? Right, let me think.” The old woman tapped a contemplative finger against a wrinkled chin. “My machamp is unloading a new delivery in the back right now. I have a few specialty pokeballs—Net and Lure Balls, mostly, if that’s to your interest, and a box of Repels. Some shields and refurbished leather armors but not much else in the combat department. Perhaps you’ll be interested in the Good Rod I purchased off a traveler yesterday? It’s a tad worn, so I’d be willing to knock off fifteen gold or so.”

With a pleasant smile, the old woman waited patiently for Hadrian’s answer. Even if he purchased nothing she would not be upset; though if he requested something, she would disappear to the back room for a minute, return with his things, and handle the transaction. Regardless if he bought anything or not, the woman would hesitate before he left.

“Say…young man, are you headed toward Route Six? I don’t get many fresh-faced lads out here unless they’re starting out west. It’s…I won’t be offended if you refuse, but if you’re going that way, anyway…” She bent down to retrieve something under her counter, and came back up with a box that had been wrapped in thin, tattered leather, secured in pale string. “My nephew lives out in a village on Route Six, right alongside the river, called Farwater End. I’ve received his medicine delivery, which his people and pokemon are desperately in need of—but my usual errand-runner took a fall off his mount this morning and both will be bed-bound for a while. Farwater’s seen a recent trend of feral water-types coming up out of the water to attack the gold miners and fishermen—unpleasant business, all around. With your grass-type, however…” She trailed off, thoughtful. “I’ve sent my pidgey to Farwater just last night, so they’ll be expecting the medicine soon, and they’ve always had a good reward set up for my errand-runner in the past. Would you be interested in doing this for me? I’d be in your debt.”

Hadrian was under no obligation to accept this task. The shopkeep seemed equal parts expectant and hesitant, but she was honest when she said she would not be insulted if he moved on. The decision was up to him, of course. If this work did not interest him, one of the larger pubs would most likely have a job board for unaffiliated peoples looking for help. And if Hadrian did accept, the old woman would be supremely grateful. She would give him directions toward the river village, and remind him to be careful with the box of medicine, as it was very fragile.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
- - -
X/Y FC: 5129 1837 4187
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Jul 3 2015, 11:56 AM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Hadrian perked up when the old lady smiled back and gave a friendly expression to Folia. He looked down at his new companion for a few seconds and noted that the little Turtwig had a smile on her face, before donning a more blank-like expression. Of course, she was smart enough to notice Hadrian looking down at her and looked up at him for a few seconds, as if amused yet pleased by him. After a few seconds of looking at Folia, Hadrian kept the smile on his face and looked back at the elderly shopkeeper who started to speak to him.

So the blue candies were called 'Rare Candies' and helped bond a pokemon faster to their trainer? That sounded very interesting and useful, so he eyed the candies for a few seconds before looking down at Folia. The little Turtwig looked at him in mild amusement, as if waiting for him to make a decision. Hadrian decided to unwrap both of the candies and knelt down to feed them to Folia.

The little Turtwig stared up at him and then looked at the candy, before happily accepting the candy in his hand. She opened up her mouth and took the candy from Hadrian's hand. As she chewed on the candy for a few seconds before swallowing it. Though it was not visible to Hadrian, the Folia felt slightly stronger after eating the candy and gave a happy "Turtwig!" to him after finishing the candy. She then nuzzled his hand for a second with her head, before he gave a smile back.

Of course, he was also making sure to pay attention to the old shopkeeper while giving Folia the rare candies. He didn't know what exactly the candy did to Folia, but she seemed to be rather happy after eating the candy so he was glad. Hadrian paused for a few seconds as he mulled over what the lady told him. Some specialty pokeballs, and some repels. All would be quite useful to him, but he didn't exactly have too much money so he couldn't go crazy on the shopping. The good rod however, sounded like a good deal. Knowing the rods weren't too expensive, and even if it was a bit worn it was still usable. He could catch food and maybe some unique pokemon.

"Hmm... a good rod, even if it's worn is still a very useful item. And you're offering a nice reduction in full price... I'll take it, thank you! Even though the other items all sound great, I don't want to spend everything before I go out, hahaha! It's a shame about the combat department... but I can just find them in other areas and it's not a full necessity right now." Hadrian said, putting down the required amount of gold on the counter for the good rod.

The benefits of the rod outweighed the cost, after all. As the old woman left to get the rod and he acquired the rod, he gave a look at it. The rod was a little worn, sure but it was still in good enough quality to use for fishing. After inspecting it for a few moments, he gave a satisfied nod and thanked the old woman. However, before he left, he heard her say something to him and he faced the old lady, wondering what she was asking.

He wasn't exactly headed in any particular direction, but it wouldn't be too bad to head in that direction. Perhaps it would allow him to end up in a location where he could use his good rod and see what he caught. Besides, this was a friendly request and he was capable of doing it, so there was no reason for him to turn it down.

"Well... that is a shame about your errand person and the mount. Though feral water types you say... I don't mind going there. I didn't have any particular destination in mind to travel to... I'm sure Folia will be good enough to get some experience should we encounter any, of course." Hadrian replied. Folia gave a cheerful "Turtwig!" in response to being mentioned, and Hadrian gave a kind smile at the woman.

"I'll be glad to help take this, don't worry about me not accepting it. I believe in helping out others when I can, and something like this is nice. I'll try to make sure that the medicine gets to its destination. You can count on me, miss!" He said, giving a bright smile to the older lady.

Next to him, Folia gave a smile, as if mimicking Hadrian. Already she seemed to get along and mirror Hadrian in personality quite well, outside of showing more amused expressions and faces than Hadrian did.

[OOC: Ok, Used up two Rare Candies on Folia, and paid 85g I believe? (100-15g discount) for the Good Rod.

So -2 Rare Candies, and 1 Good rod with -85g from Hadrian's money.

And... Egg count 2/20!]

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
relapo
 Posted: Jul 7 2015, 01:08 PM
| Quote |

Foodie
Background Mods
Member No. 1720
Joined on 23-July 14.

Characters:

[.6 for the last post! Also, Folia has grown two levels & gained a happiness bar from the pair of RC's! I've also deducted 85g and added the good rod to Hadrian's inventory.]

--

The elderly woman smiled meekly at Hadrian upon hearing he would agree to deliver the medicine. "Let me prepare the medicines, and I'll get your good rod as well. One moment please." The shopkeeper would bustle around the store. She pulled the fishing rod off a nearby shelf in the back and set it on the counter. She then went back and disappeared momentarily before returning again with a medium sized leather pouch. It weighed roughly a pound. The pouch had a string tied, keeping it shut. As she set it on the counter, the clang of vials inside could be heard.

"Now, be careful as you travel with these. They can't be broken or they're no good. She handed the pouch to Hadrian who would store it as he saw fit. "If you're set, that'll be it. Hurry on and my thanks again for running this errand. If you're back this way again, stop in and say hi." Just as Hadrian would turn to leave, the shopkeep would stop her once more and this time part with him a warning about the village he was due to travel to. "Be careful, would you? Some of the folk around the village can let their greed overcome their judgement."

Hadrian was now free to begin making his way west toward Route 6. The town and the main path of the route faded and blended well, given the town's unstructured borders. Homes and pubs would turn into the northeastern outskirts of the Edgewood Forest. The route was well traveled, and the village wouldn't be far. Should Hadrian desire to look around the environment a bit as he traveled, his detour may allow him to encounter a wide variety of wildlife. It was nearing late afternoon, as the sun was beginning to set just ahead of him. Appropriately, the wildlife associated with the evening and night would begin to find their way closer to the main route.

If Hadrian would look to his north, he might see a purrloin or umbreon resting in the bushes. The grassy terrain between the main road and the northern treeline would lend itself to sights of dedenne and vulpix feasting on the vegetation. If Hadrian was looking hard enough, a lone seviper could be seen stalking the dedenne. It was looking for its next meal. Fluttering in the sky above, zubat and woobat could be heard darting across the path from tree to tree. Somewhere in the treeline, a chatot could be heard mimicking the sounds of the nature around it. On the southern side of the treeline, one would see tiny pebbles from the dirt being lifted and hovering in mid-air, before being set back down again. Closer inspection would yield the sight of a young mime jr., seemingly abandoned by their parent.

Hadrian could stop and battle any one of these many creatures in the wild. Perhaps his attempt would yield him a successful capture if he navigated the encounter skillfully.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/509.pnghttp://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/197umbreon.png
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/71-Dedenne_zpsec356527.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/441.png
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/41zubat.pnghttp://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/527.png
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/336seviper.pnghttp://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/37vulpix.png
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/439mimejr.png

[Congratulations, you are now eligible for Freeforms! If you would like to request a FF, please make a request in the FF Request page with the information that we ask. A mod will come in and set up your FF with any spawn roles. When you're ready for your FF to be closed/graded, simply post in the FF request page, or in the regular update requests thread and a mod will come along and grade/close your FF when available.]

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Jul 7 2015, 07:29 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

As the elderly woman set the medicine on the counter, Hadrian decided to use the time to tie the good rod around his back so that it would be easy to carry. After a few moments, he managed to successfully loop it so that he would be able to carry it without it being uncomfortable, though he knew that he would have to be careful about getting hit in the back by anything. However, considering that he was going to be carrying some medicine in his pack, he would have to be careful anyway. It looked like a rather medium-sized pouch, though Hadrian heard the clang of vials.

Vials... that wasn't exactly what he wanted to carry since a wrong hit and they would shatter. However, he was thankful that he knew how to be gentle and careful despite his own size. When you were bigger than everyone else around you, you learned how to not harm others, or at least Hadrian did thanks to his parents teaching him. He took the pouch from the old woman and carefully made sure to store the vials in a safe slot in his bag. After a few seconds, the bag was carefully set behind his back and he gave a friendly smile and nod to the old woman.

"No worries, I'm glad to help out! If I come by this way, I'll say hi to you. Though I may travel around for a while after dropping these off, since I want to explore the land." He said, turning around but he stopped when the old woman gave a warning to him. For a few seconds, Hadrian looked back at the old woman in curiosity before giving a small nod.

"I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I'll try my best to be careful. I'd much rather not fight anyone if I can help it... but I can take care of myself should it come to that point. I'll try to find your nephew as soon as I can though. And again, thanks for the good rod and letting me know about the rare candies... if I find more on my journey, I'll give them to my pokemon! Take care, miss!" Hadrian said, waving goodbye to the old woman.

Folia responded by saying her name, as if saying goodbye to the old woman too and followed after Hadrian. After they got out of the shop, both of them went west towards Route 6. The two were content to move about in silence and enjoy the sights around them as they left the town, noticing how the main path and the town faded away and blended into the woods around them. After a while, Hadrian picked up on that Folia was starting to get a little tired walking around and picked her up.

He couldn't tell you the reason why, but he decided to place her on his head and she became like a Turtwig hat on top of him. Though just to make sure she didn't fall over and to give his head some support, he held a hand to her side so she was stable on top. As it is, it allowed Folia to be able to view the area around them from a high vantage point, and she was rather happy to relax up there even if it looked kind of silly. As the time went on and Hadrian alternated his hands every few minutes so that his arms wouldn't get tired, the sun started to set ahead of them.

The two were walking on the path, but they moved along slowly as both liked enjoying the view of the forest around them. Forests had some dangers, but they were also beautiful and lovely to look at and be around. When the two stopped for a few moments to look at the wildlife around them, Folia noticed something in the bushes north of where they were. She couldn't exactly tell what was in the bushes, but it had a black coat and looked to be larger than she was, but nowhere near as big as Hadrian was.

Knowing that Hadrian might be interested in seeing the black-coated pokemon, she moved her front leg and tapped gently on Hadrian's head. This made Hadrian look up at Folia and wonder what was up. "Something the matter, Folia? You want me to put you down or do you maybe see something interesting?" He asked.

The little Turtwig responded by moving her front leg and pointing it towards the bush north of them, where she saw the pokemon. Hadrian looked in that direction and saw a bit of a black coat, but couldn't exactly tell what pokemon it was. "A pokemon... looks interesting, want to check it out Folia? Maybe it'll be a rare pokemon or something neat. We've only spent a little time together, but maybe we might get a new partner or something for our group if we get lucky!" Hadrian chuckled, before taking Folia off of his head and placing her down on the ground.

Folia just gave a small nod back to Hadrian signifying her acceptance of checking out the interesting-looking pokemon that was in the bushes. As both Hadrian and Folia moved off the path and looked at the bushes, they saw more of the pokemon. It had a sleek black body with yellow bands and rings around its legs, ears, and tail. He wasn't sure exactly what it was until he finally saw the face, and recognized it from one of his old jobs.

"Wow... an Umbreon, that is a very rare pokemon. I've only seen one once, and it was on a job for a lady helping to fix her house. It was her only pokemon, and she told me that it was an Eevee evolution and one of the rarer ones since they evolved only at night. How about we introduce ourselves to the Umbreon, Folia?" He asked, getting a shrug from the Turtwig on the ground when he looked at her.

She didn't really care much either way, though unlike Hadrian she would be a bit more wary. After all, the Umbreon was wild and could be hostile. So she would make sure to be more on alert and be ready to fight and protect Hadrian if need be. The duo stopped a fair number of feet away, a distance that Hadrian knew from working in forests near pokemon that was acceptable - close enough to do a greeting, but also far enough to show that you respected the pokemon and gave distance to it. It also served an extra purpose in giving him room to take action should the Umbreon become hostile.

Though Hadrian looked down at the Umbreon, which he assumed was probably looking at him and Folia at this point if it heard them. He gave a very friendly smile, and waved.

"Hey there! How are you doing today, Umbreon? I know this might be odd... but Folia noticed you and your lovely black coat stood out to us! I've only met one of your kind before, and it was a unique experience hahaha!" Hadrian laughed in a good manner.

Folia herself gave a small smile at the Umbreon, but she was also a little tense, ready to react should the Umbreon prove to be hostile to Hadrian despite his friendly manner and words.

"So I know this might sound strange to you coming from a human like me... but nice to meet you! You're rather neat, so I was wondering if you might be interested in doing a battle or hanging out with us? I do have a few berries in my bag if you are interested in any of them. Let's see... what do I have..." Hadrian muttered, reaching for his bag and checking for what berries he had.

Provided the Umbreon did not make a hostile move yet, Hadrian would be able to reach into his bag and take out three berries: A Sitrus, a Cheri, and a Persim berry. Presuming the Umbreon still did not make a hostile move or leave the area, Hadrian would be offering the Umbreon a chance to take any of them if it wanted a berry. After all, Hadrian just wanted to interact with the Umbreon and show his friendliness. Maybe if he got lucky, he might be able to get a new partner out of this Umbreon.

If he was unlucky and the Umbreon attacked before or when he held out the berries for the Umbreon to take its pick should it wish, Folia would be ready to step in and defend. He would likely be caught off-guard by the attack, but Hadrian would probably be ready to dodge to the side and try to avoid making any damage to the bag on his back or the Good Rod.

"Feel free to take your pick if you want a berry!" Hadrian said to the Umbreon. This was all of course, assuming the Umbreon decided to either be neutral or friendly in response to Hadrian's actions and not flee or attack. If the Umbreon moved closer in a wary manner towards the berries, Hadrian would be willing to toss them a few feet in front of him so that the Umbreon did not have to go all the way near Hadrian if it was unsure of him. And of course, should the Umbreon attack, Folia would try to be ready to defend or attack...

[OOC: If the Umbreon takes a berry or two or all of them, remove them from my inventory.

Egg Count: 3]

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Adelulf
 Posted: Jul 8 2015, 08:15 PM
| Quote |

Tier 4 or Die Trying
Banned
Total Posts: 742
Member No. 1545
Joined on 8-April 14.

Characters:
Leodel "Leo" Degen, Rodric Steiner "Hatchet", Reva of Fough

Awards: 4

[+0.6 exp]

The giant human was far from silent as he ambled through the forest, and the umbreon knew of his presence well before he knew of hers. She moved carefully as he began his approach, putting herself before a red oak that had witnessed more decades and she and this human had witnessed years. This secured her rear and helped ensure nothing could easily come up from her blind side.

When the human began to speak to her, she planted her rump on the warm, loamy soil of the forest and cocked her head at him as she listened. She paid careful attention to the grass turtle perched atop the giant's head as well, knowing it could offer just as serious a threat as the human himself.

The human shifted, and the umbreon tensed. She was fully ready to run as he reached into his bag, but as he pulled out several delicious looking berries, she hesitated. She could tell he was offering them to her, and she knew that she had witnessed this trick a dozen times before. The man wasn't in a state to immediately try to throw out a pokeball to capture her though, so perhaps she could take one without too much risk?

She made to move slowly forward, and when the human noticed her hesitance, he tossed the berries forward so they would be closer, and safer, for her to retrieve. How thoughtful! She could easily have taken all three and run, but she was not a greedy pokemon, and running would be no fun.

Umbreon crept forward and plucked the cheri berry from the ground, then retreated back to her original position in front of the oak. As she fell back, she made sure to flip her tail back and forth in sharp, pointed movements. As she turned back around to face the human and his mon, the cheri berry set carefully between her fangs, her eyes became pouty and glassy. Soon after, large, clear tears began to roll down her pitch black cheeks.

She would wait then to gauge the affect of her opening moves. She knew better than to start off with a damaging attack. That scared things away too soon, or every one would get upset and start a real fight rather than a proper game. One way or another though, if the human and his pokemon took the actions as aggressive, then she would carry on, but with a bit more deliberate intention behind her next strike. If they seemed like they had fallen for act, and their defenses were dropped, she would just make a playful, poking strike.

And so she sat and waited, as a small fire began to form along the length of her tail, hidden behind her body.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/197umbreon.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif lv 7
  • Takes the Cheri Berry
  • Uses Tail Whip – minus 1 stage of defense, can effect either Hadrian or Folia
  • Uses Fake Tears [egg move] – minus 2 stages of special defense, can effect either Hadrian or Folia
  • Waits for Hadrian's reaction to use Natural Gift [egg move] – Fire type from Cheri Berry. If Hadrian becomes aggressive in anyway, her shot will be very well aimed for Folia. If he seems to be caught off guard by the earlier moves, the attack will be spread around both of them, making them very hot but not harming them.

--------------------
My Split Personalities
| PM |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Jul 8 2015, 11:04 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Hadrian gave a grin as he examined the Umbreon. He couldn't discern its gender unfortunately - well, unless he used his pokecard but he didn't want to spook the Umbreon by reaching into his bag right away after offering her some berries. It would look like he was setting a trap and using the berries as bait. He peered around and noticed that the Umbreon seemed to choose a rather defensible position should a fight ensue. Though he meant no harm and did not necessarily wish for a fight, the Umbreon could become hostile at any moment and he would have to be careful.

But like his own father said, being honest and calm was the best way to deal with other beings, including pokemon. They could often sense when a person was being honest with their words, and he was hoping that the Umbreon would sense his honesty. He was happy to see that the Umbreon moved slowly and when he tossed over the berries nearby for her to take, she took one. That part he wasn't sure if the Umbreon would take everything or just a berry or two, but he chuckled at how it seemed kind enough to just take one and leave the other two.

He wasn't surprised to see it retreat back to its earlier position after taking the Cheri berry. Though he looked in curiosity as the Umbreon flipped her tail in pointed movements and wondered what that signified. So he just continued to stare attentively as the Umbreon's eyes then become pouty-looking and glassy. Then all of a sudden tears started to roll down its cheeks, which surprised him.

Folia looked on in amusement at first at seeing how Hadrian interacted with the Umbreon, and she was even more surprised the Umbreon took the offer. Of course, she could tell what kind of gender the Umbreon was, but she wondered how long it'd take Hadrian to guess or figure it out. Then again, she recalled the memory of how they met and Hadrian had guessed her gender wrong at first by calling her a little guy. Scratch that, she was sure Hadrian would guess the gender wrong unless he looked it up or something along those lines.

The surprise he initially felt at Umbreon's action made him react in somewhat of an unexpected manner.

".........So cute..... the way you shook your tail, and the pouty eyes you have! Don't cry though, I don't mean any harm! You just looked so lovely with your black coat and all that I wanted to say hi and see you up close! And I can't help it, you just look adorable!" Hadrian said, sniffing and his eyes watery at how cute the Umbreon was to him. Let it be known that Hadrian had a very, very big weakness for little things that he found adorable or cute, and even though the Umbreon wasn't exactly little, it was small compared to him and he found its actions to be adorable.

His partner next to him, if she was able to, would be face-palming at Hadrian's reaction. She had forgotten how excited he had gotten at meeting her, and she would dare say she was cute and small, especially in Hadrian's eyes. Folia gave a small sigh, knowing the Umbreon was doing techniques but because Hadrian thought it was cute, she didn't take any action other than to stare at Hadrian with an expression that denoted she wasn't exactly amused with him. Of course, the small curl of her lips gave her away as she was actually somewhat amused with this scenario.

Leave it to her trainer to do the unexpected thing and gush over a wild pokemon doing moves at him. She was rather smart and could tell the Umbreon was testing them, or Hadrian in particular. Folia would not be fooled by a playful act, but she would let things go along. Hadrian was the one who intitated the contact with this pokemon, so she would let him deal with it unless the Umbreon turned hostile.

And since Hadrian had stepped closer to retrieve the berries that the Umbreon didn't pick up, he would be affected by the moves the Umbreon used. While he moved towards the berries, he did it slowly so that Umbreon would be alerted he wasn't moving fast or towards her. As he picked up the berries, he wondered if it would take action at him during this moment.

Though, he wasn't exactly paying attention to the fact Umbreon was using moves on him and he just continued to look at the Umbreon with his eyes shining brightly and with a very happy smile on his face.

"I can't believe how cute and awesome you are! Please join me and Folia as we go on our journey? I would love to have a pokemon like you come along! I still can't get over it, your adorable tail shaking and those oh-so-cute eyes with those little tears! Though if you're upset at me, please don't be! I really would find it awesome and love it if you came along with us!" He asked, though his tone would probably be more like pleaded.

Despite Hadrian not understanding the Umbreon's attacks, the Umbreon launched some kind of attack that spread around both Hadrian and Folia. Despite that it seemed to be a move that was not aimed at them to do any harm, Hadrian had paused in his actions once he saw a glimpse of something. The attack launched around them created a ring of fire that made both Hadrian and Folia feel warm, but it also had an unintended consequence on Hadrian. He froze up upon seeing the flame and became all silent, his eyes wider than normal.

If one looked closely at his body, it was stiff and he was not moving. The smile that was on his face was frozen in place, as if he saw something that shocked or terrified him. He could not move because an unwanted memory drifted through his head - the fateful day everything changed for him. In his eyes, he was no longer seeing the Umbreon or anything in the surrounding but rather saw the fire that was in his home. Everything burning around him, his family all dead as he recalled the experience. His partner immediately noticed Hadrian freeze up and walked over quickly to make sure he was all right, as she was worried. However, when she got next to him, despite her nudging his hand, he was still paralyzed due to the traumatic memory. She noticed how the attack went around them, but she did not expect Hadrian to freeze up like that. So her concern overrode her danger sense from the heat around them.

He was open and vulnerable should the Umbreon take an action. If she attacked him, he would likely not take any action due to the fact he is now paralyzed due to trauma dealing with fire. Folia will take action if she feels the Umbreon made an aggressive action or an action that could be hostile. Even though the Umbreon launched the attack around them, Folia is currently more concerned for Hadrian. If the Umbreon did nothing, Hadrian would eventually come to his senses and recall where he is at the moment thanks to the concerned nudges by his partner and the attack dissipating. Of course, if the Umbreon did the unexpected and did a very friendly gesture or contact with Hadrian, he would likely come back to his senses. He would be a little jittery, but then resume his friendly stance with the Umbreon. However, it is possible that he might be more likely to leave the Umbreon alone if it wished for him to do so...
---

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/387turtwig.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif lvl 7
  • Was looking on in amusement
  • Did not fall for the Tail Whip or Fake Tears attack
  • Is close enough to Hadrian to react, but farther away from the Umbreon
  • Is concerned with Hadrian and now right next to him, trying to nudge him back to his senses.
Hadrian
  • Is very excited and taken aback by what he considers cute that the Umbreon did
  • Is affected by Tail Whip and Fake Tears, so his defense and special defense are reduced
  • Currently frozen with fear at seeing the fire, even if it didn't hit him or Folia
  • Needs a few minutes to get back to his senses unless the Umbreon does the unexpected

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
relapo
 Posted: Jul 14 2015, 04:43 PM
| Quote |

Foodie
Background Mods
Member No. 1720
Joined on 23-July 14.

Characters:

[.7 for the last post!]

--

The umbreon watched with amusement as the human both fell for her her tail whip and “tears”. A smirk crept across her face. Her face indicated an idea to further mess with the human and the leaf turtle. The smirk stayed plastered while she whipped a magical fire that surrounded Hadrian and the turtwig.

Her head turned curiously, however, as she watched the boy’s reaction to her flames. She didn’t mean for any harm to come across. She only wanted to tease the grass pokemon at the human’s side. The reaction coming from the turtwig was disappointing. He was entertaining, but she viewed the turtwig as the real potential threat.

She turned and whipped her tail, calling off the controlled flames. She hoped the flames would be enough to scare the human and her turtwig, but without such a reaction she decided it was time to kick the interaction up a notch. She was getting quite bored by the lack of reaction; she moved and turned to her side and looked playfully at the turtwig. There was a glint in her eye as she looked directly at the tiny leaf pokemon. Her paw scrapped on the ground below her as she taunted the pair.

The umbreon was ready for a fight. She kept her stance directly in front of the oak tree and would wait for the turtwig to respond, regardless of the human’s direction. Should the turtwig charge forward and attempt a direct strike, she would wait before she darted to the side to force the small pokemon to directly impact the oak tree. She was lithe and calculated in her movements. She would wait for the turtwig to make the first strike.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/197umbreon.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 7
-Called off the natural gift
-Used Taunt on Folia
-Standing in defensive stance

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Jul 14 2015, 08:36 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Fire, fire all around. That was the thought that went through Hadrian's mind, and despite his Turtwig's gentle nudging to snap back to reality, he was still frozen in shock at the memory. However, after a few minutes when the Umbreon removed the flames, Hadrian started to come back to consciousness as the memory faded with the flames. It took him a few seconds to realize that the flames were gone and he was frozen, the only thing moving was his arm which was being nudged by Folia.

Hadrian blinked for a few seconds as he started to come to his senses, and he shook his head. He looked down at Folia who was nudging him worriedly, and he sighed. His hand went to Folia's head and he petted gently, a small smile on his face at her.

"Thanks for being concerned Folia. I'm all right now... just a really bad memory. The experience is still rather fresh in my mind, so I guess I haven't recovered enough to block out that memory. Sorry for worrying you."

After he spoke, his starter still had a bit of a concerned look on her face but gave him a small smile indicating that she was rather happy to see him back to his senses. After making sure that he was fully all right, she turned to face the Umbreon and this time, instead of a neutral or an amused expression she had a rather serious one. Even if the Umbreon unknowingly caused Hadrian to freeze up at the flames - which she took note of, but would try to find out more later - the Umbreon was still responsible for making an attack anyway.

Especially one that was more or less indicated at her... so Folia frowned at the Umbreon when the Umbreon taunted her. When Folia turned away to face the Umbreon, Hadrian looked at the Umbreon and gave a small chuckle.

"Sorry about that... trauma tends to do that kind of thing to a person. If you could, I'd appreciate it if you don't use that technique you did again. I'd much rather not have to freeze up and pause our interaction." He apologized to the Umbreon, before realizing the Umbreon wasn't really focused on him anymore but on Folia. He saw its paw move in a taunting manner, and while he did think it was cute he would be a little more serious now.

Especially since his starter seemed rather annoyed with the Umbreon, and he knew that Folia wouldn't like it if he continued with his adoration of the Umbreon. However, he didn't order Folia to automatically attack the Umbreon. Instead, he reached into his bag and took out his Pokecard. While he could use it on the Umbreon, he used it instead on Folia so he could read what her moves were.

Tackle, Body Slam, Growth, Energy Ball, Withdraw, Solarbeam, Grass Knot, Bullet Seed. Hadrian read the list of moves Folia had access to. Not the most diverse moves, but he would make do with the techniques. He looked over at the Umbreon and saw that it was in a rather defensive pose, ready to react. From what he could see behind the Umbreon, it would be a bad idea to do a head-on attack.

Instead, he would do something else. "Folia, let's do this. Use Growth." Hadrian spoke. His partner grunted in response, but nothing seemed to happen. Hadrian blinked for a second, trying to figure out why Folia wouldn't use the technique. It took him a few seconds, but he managed to realize that the Umbreon wasn't just playfully taunting Folia. He gave a slight groan at knowing the Umbreon used Taunt, and had to think this out. All he knew of Taunt was that Folia would only be able to use attacks, not moves that would buff her or protect her. That made him grimace a bit knowing that she wouldn't be able to defend or buff her attack.

Attacking only was a rather not friendly area, as Hadrian preferred to play defensively instead of go on the offensive. But he supposed he had to try to do something. "All right... Folia, use Energy Ball!" He ordered, which Folia acknowledged. A glowing green orb was created in her mouth before she fired it at the Umbreon, which if it hit would cause a minor explosion.

If the Umbreon happened to be faster and dodged the attack to do a physical technique, Hadrian would have Folia go into a defensive position and attempt to use Bullet Seed to try to counter attack and make the Umbreon keep its distance. If the Umbreon attacked from a distance, he would then try to have Folia use another Bullet Seed or try to dodge the attack. While the Umbreon had taunted them, Hadrian wanted to play it smarter and fight on his and Folia's terms, not on the Umbreon's terms.

He still wished that he could have convinced the Umbreon without having to do a battle, but the pokemon seemed to want a battle so he would comply...

---

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/387turtwig.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 7
-Not amused with the Umbreon
-Taunted
-Fired an Energy Ball at the Umbreon instead of doing a frontal attack
-Will use Bullet Seed if the Umbreon gets close to try to keep the Umbreon away from her, and will use the same attack if the Umbreon keeps its range

[OOC: Whoops I forgot the egg count from the last post! It's currently at 5/20]

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Meesh
 Posted: Jul 16 2015, 01:10 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 770
Member No. 772
Joined on 2-January 13.

Characters:
Silva Adalinda

+0.5 exp for the post
Please remember that the move Taunt has the following effect: "The target is taunted into a rage that allows it to use only attack moves for three turns." As such, Folia would not have been able to use Growth in her latest attack and cannot use Withdraw.

Umbreon tensed as the human once again rummaged for something, but finally seemed satisfied. Finally, a battle! Now things would be a lot more interesting, to say the least. She carefully moved into a crouch, red eyes regarding the Turtwig. A thought occurred to her, to perhaps test herself, see how well she did against this creature. So Umbreon simply stood where she was as the Turwig fired, waiting until the last second to jump out of the way of the Energy Ball.

Unfortunately for umbreon, her timing wasn't quite right. The attack collided with the latter half of her body, sending her spinning off balance and colliding painfully with the ground. Pushing herself up with her front paws before carefully steadying up with her hind ones, Umbreon regarded her opponenet more carefully now, giving it the once over before her paws slashed out - not at Folia but a the ground. Clumps of dirt and grit flew into the air, flying towards the Turtwig's eyes and at least obscuring some of Folia's vision even if the clumps didn't hit true. It wasn't exactly sand, the Umbreon thought grimly, but it would do in terms of reducing accuracy.

Taking atvantage of the fact that she had hopefully distracted Folia, Umbreon leaped forward, mouth open as she bared all her teeth, letting out a loud yowling sound. Leaping towards the unfortunate turtle, the Umbreon began to slash, and then slash again, paws smacking at Folia's head and then her shell, cruel revenge for the attack she had been given earlier. It seemed she was done playing around for the time being. No, now the Umbreon wanted to win. Bullet seeds reined down on the Umbreon, who simply leaped back and out of the way before tensing forward again, teeth and claws flashing in a murderous rage.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/197umbreon.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 7
~Damaged from Energy Ball
~Sand Attack used to deccrease Turtwig's accuracy
~Used Payback on Folia (double damage because Umbreon was attacked first)
~Dodged Bullet Seed

--------------------

Silva Adalinda

Drekar Shiroma
| PM || Email |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Jul 19 2015, 09:19 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

(OOC: OK, hopefully I won't have any crazy mixups again on what happened, and next time I'll ask if I get confused about something.)

When Hadrian noticed that the Umbreon tried to dodge the Energy Ball and it failed, he knew it was a good sign and it would be damaged. But he was rather concerned as to why the Umbreon would give his partner the opening move. So as she collided painfully on the ground, he decided he would make sure that things would try to go well, at least for Folia. If there became a point where he was concerned for Folia's safety, he would end the battle and leave. For while an Umbreon would be a nice addition, he did not want a pokemon that was hostile.

He knew the rumors about Dark types and how difficult they could be, but he wouldn't judge the Umbreon until he saw what it did. Thankfully, he didn't have to wait long as the Umbreon got up from her collision on the ground. Hadrian saw its paws slash and toss clumps of dirt at Folia, which he gave an order to Folia to try to shield her eyes if possible.

"Folia, try to shield your eyes and turn your head away from the attack!" He ordered, which got a grunt from his starter. However, she was unable to fully shield herself from the blinding attack, as when she turned her head to the right, her left eye got hit with a clump of dirt and temporarily blinded her. Folia winced at the annoyance her eye got, but her right eye was still functional. Though, the annoyance proved to be a distraction as she was slow to respond to the Umbreon's attack.

Folia grimaced and groaned lightly in pain at the Umbreon's slashing and smacking her on the head and shell. However, due to the more sturdy nature of her shell, she took less damage there than she did on her head, which took more damage.

As Hadrian looked on, he ordered her to use Bullet Seed in response, but due to the clump of dirt blinding Folia's left eye, her attack missed the Umbreon. So when the Umbreon leapt back, Hadrian grimaced and wondered what to do. The Umbreon was proving to be more of an annoyance, having far more status effect moves than his starter did and that was making it win. Plus whatever attack the Umbreon did damaged Folia quite heavily, and he assumed it was a move that dealed more damage back to the person after going second.

That was annoying, as he would have to not take the first move now. Though... when he thought about it, he was a person that liked to go second instead of first. If the Umbreon could take the first move, he could fight more on his own terms. At first, he wasn't sure if the Umbreon did, but when he saw the Umbreon move forward with an angry expression, he frowned.

"Ok Folia.. use... eh?" Hadrian said before he stopped and looked at his starter.

Folia was annoyed. Very much so as this rude Umbreon was being very vicious in a battle that she had hoped would be a friendly one. Plus it used sneaky attacks like blinding her left eye, which caused her to miss her Bullet Seed attack. When she tried to shake off a bit of the dirt in her left eye, Folia's groaned a bit at the headache she had now due to the Umbreon's attack. And she was positive she was bruised on her head, which added further to her headache. But her right eye picked up on movement as the Umbreon went forward and looked angry, which annoyed Folia further.

The sneaky, arrogant pokemon was upset? Folia knew that she was rightfully supposed to be more upset, and Folia glared at the Umbreon with her right eye. The anger she felt towards this Umbreon and her desire to relieve her headache caused the leaf on the top of her head to glow before firing a red beam at the Umbreon.

Though neither Hadrian or Folia knew this, but the stress of the battle and her headache caused Folia to use a new move - Absorb. If the red beam hit Umbreon, the Umbreon's energy would be drained while Folia would heal a little bit of her damage. At the very least, if the beam hit Folia would have less of a headache and her bruise would fade slightly on the top of her head. The scratches on her shell would heal up slightly in that scenario too.

If the attack hit and the Umbreon still went forward with the attack, Folia would counter by using Bullet Seed again under an order from Hadrian, and she had no desire to be up close with the Umbreon with how much her head was sore and hurt. At this point, Folia was mostly focused on getting some space between her and the Umbreon while she tried to clear the dirt from her left eye.

If somehow, both attacks hit or one of them did enough damage to the Umbreon to make it weak, Hadrian would toss a pokeball at the Umbreon. Granted, he was close enough to the battle that he could toss the pokeball just fine. But that was only if such a thing happened, and the only reason he wanted to toss the pokeball was to prevent more damage to both pokemon. Mostly Folia since she was his partner, but also the Umbreon who seemed to be very aggressive when injured.

He did not want either pokemon fighting to the point of exhaustion, so he would toss a pokeball at the Umbreon if Folia's new attack and the Bullet Seed he ordered her to use hit.

---

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/387turtwig.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 9
Folia
-(Due to trainer leveling up, has leveled up herself. IC-wise, it is battle stress and Folia has learned Absorb and used the attack - the red beams)
-Bruised on her head from the Payback attack, scratches across her shell (Damaged)
-Used the move Absorb as a reaction to the battle stress + wishing to heal her injuries
-If Absorb hits, the injuries she has will slightly fade and she will be healthier
-Used Bullet Seed on the Umbreon regardless of whether Absorb hit or not to try to make the Umbreon go away from her

Hadrian:
-Will throw a pokeball at the Umbreon if one of Folia's attacks does enough damage to the Umbreon to make it weaker than it is now, or will throw it if both Absorb and Bullet Seed hit the Umbreon.
-If both attacks somehow fail, Hadrian will not throw a pokeball and may intervene personally to protect Folia if she takes too much damage

[OOC: Egg count is... 9 now, +3 due to character level up, so 5+1+3 = 9!]

[EDIT: THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL EDIT, THIS EDIT IS BECAUSE OF A PROBLEM WITH THE COLOR TAGS SO IM TESTING SOMETHING OUT.]

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Meesh
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 03:15 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 770
Member No. 772
Joined on 2-January 13.

Characters:
Silva Adalinda

+0.7 exp for the post

The light from the absorb hit the umbreon, and it groaned as it felt energy sapping from its bones. The attack didn't do any physical damage, but Umbreon felt wave of exhaustion sweep over it and suddenly came to a realization that it was in trouble. Folia, by contrast, was now doing a lot better that she had been healed. There was a bit of a spring in her step, a sort of energy one wouldn't expect of a turtle based pokemon. True, she wasn't all the way healed, but the Turwig felt refreshed, as if she had paused a moment to drink a cool swig of water.

And Umbreon realized this. It was not a particulatly foolish pokemon, nor did it much relish the idea of losing a battle. As it saw Halia open her mouth for the prepared Bullet Seed, caught glimpse of a cocked pokeball ready to throw, Umbreon knew it was on its last legs. Desparatly, the umbreon swiped at the ground once again, sending her more sand and grit to cloud the air again, blocking all but a brief blur from sight. By the time the chaos cleared again, the Umbreon was gone, a few scuffled pawprints the only thing in its wake.

Most unfortunate. The possibility of a new pokemon, and it had ended in no more than some exhaustion on Folia's part. On the good side, however, the Turtwig was looking a lot stronger than she had previously- the battle, however quick, seemed ot have taught her a thing or two. It also meant perhaps she would look upon her handler more favorably now, s they had survived a battle together.

It was up to Hadrian now what he wanted to do. He could perhaps try and track the Umbreon. Dark types were fast, but how far could it have gone? However, the jingle of glass in his pack rmeinded him carefully of his original task at hand- the medicine. The battle had already cost him quite a bit of time, and there was no telling how much the people of Farwater needed the medicine. Would Hadrian delay any further in bringing it to them by tracking the pokemon? OR would he set out now to save them?

If Hadrian chose the later, Farwater would not be very hard to navigate to. In the distant, amidst the babble of wild pokemon, Hadrian could hear the babbling that must have been the river the shopkeeper spoke of. She had told him it was at the River's End, so all he had to do was follow the river, and if he moved fast enough he might be able to make it to Farwater by nightfall. It was already slightly past noon now- the sun had just recently been its highest in the sky and was now drifting lazily for a few hours before it would slowly begin to set again. Until then, however, the walk would be pleasant, what with the beautiful day it was.

Alternativly, he could chose to track the Umbreon - the pawprints were there, though it looked like they tapered off after a few feet. There would be no guarantee of his success, of course, but there was a chance, however small. There were also a number of wild pokemon from beofre still in the area if Hadrian wanted to try his luck with them instead. But once again the question came up- would he be willing to risk being late on his delivery of the medicine?

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/387turtwig.png
~Healed to (almost) full health by Absorb, still a few bruises but nothing too bad

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/197umbreon.png
~Umbreon escaped!

Folia gains +2 EXP for the fight!
Hadrian gains +1 EXP for the fight!
Both Hadrian and Folia level up! (Hadrian 2-> 3, Folia 10 -> 11 -> 13)

~Any of the wild pokemon spawned from before still available for interaction

--------------------

Silva Adalinda

Drekar Shiroma
| PM || Email |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Aug 2 2015, 07:14 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Hadrian was rather surprised to see the attack connect, but when he saw that Folia's injuries looked to be recovering after the red light hit, he gave a sigh of relief. But before Folia could attack, the Umbreon made a cloud of dust that surprised him. It also surprised his partner and her Bullet Seed was cancelled as she tried to make sure the attack didn't blind her eyes. However, it was not an attack as once the dust cleared, the Umbreon disappeared. Hadrian saw a brief glimpse of it disappearing into the bushes, but only saw pawprints in its wake.

It was not the best ending or way he wished to do this battle, but he couldn't complain. Granted, as he looked at Folia, she was a bit exhausted from the battle, but the new attack she did seemed to make her less injured than earlier in the battle. He slowly put away the pokeball he planned to use on the Umbreon, and just gave another sigh. He found it very strange that the Umbreon, which was very cocky and aggressive earlier suddenly wised up and retreated after being hit by an attack that healed his partner.

He briefly wondered if maybe the Umbreon noticed the pokeball and did not want to be captured as a result. If that was the case... he would have to be a bit less noticeable with a pokeball in the future. As he thought about what happened, his starter slowly walked towards him from her earlier spot in the battle and appeared to be getting the rest of the dirt and grime out of her eye. He could tell she was still injured, and so he knelt down on the ground and looked at Folia.

She seemed a little disappointed, but at the same time pleased. Hadrian just stared at her for a few seconds, both pokemon and trainer making eye contact before Hadrian just smiled. "Hey... good job. It might have been a bit of a rough first battle, but I'm proud of you. Don't be disappointed, it's experience. Better to get it now instead of in a potentially costly battle later on."

His words seemed to encourage his starter as she gave a smile back, and he was about to pet her on the head until he noticed the bruise that was still present on her head. It wasn't as bad as he saw earlier, but it was still there so he relented from petting her. He didn't want to give her any pain if he could help it.

"Sorry about getting you injured... I'm still new at being a handler." Hadrian said, a sad expression on his face. Folia just looked at him for a few seconds before nudging his hand with the side of her face, as if indicating she accepted his apology. As he looked at her, she just gave a small smile back and his expression changed into a happier one.

"You forgive me? Heh... thanks, Folia. I promise you next time we get into any kind of battle or fight, I'll be more prepared. We'll work on getting stronger, and if it seems tough, maybe I'll fight alongside you. I know I can't do much sometimes and it's better for you to fight on your own, but we're a team. We stick by each other, and cover each other's backs." Hadrian said.

The last few words were said with a very serious tone by Hadrian, and Folia recognized that before giving a nod to Hadrian. Those kind of things were acceptable to her, and she approved of that mentality. She felt a bit more confident about her own trainer now after having done a battle. Granted, she didn't exactly win since the Umbreon escaped, but she grew stronger as a result. Thus she had more confidence in herself and in Hadrian. Granted she felt good about him before, but now she was in a rather good mood. Aside from the bruise on her head... which still bothered her a bit.

Even though she was a bit tired, she looked at Hadrian and waited for him to make an action. Whatever he decided to do, she would follow him. Whether it be to go after that annoying rude female Umbreon, or to do something else.

Hadrian looked up at the sky and noticed the sun's position in the sky, before giving a sigh. The little detour he took to go after the Umbreon cost quite some time, and he knew he had a mission. Granted he could go at his own pace... but knowing that there were people and pokemon possibly relying on this medicine to arrive safely was eating at him. Despite his earlier desire to catch the Umbreon, it was gone now and he didn't want to go after it.

No, he would do the right thing like he always believed in doing and head to Farwater to deliver the medicine. The possibility of some poor being suffering without the medicine weighed heavily on Hadrian's heart and so he decided to make his way to Farwater now.

"Ok girl... we're heading to Farwater now. We've spent a fair bit of time over this Umbreon, so let's go and deliver the medicine. I know you can recover a little using some of the sun's rays... so I'll carry you Folia. I'll also make sure I don't touch the bruise if I can help it... but let's get going. If we move at our usual pace... I hope we might make it there by nightfall." Hadrian spoke, opening his arms for Folia to jump into.

She complied and jumped into his arms, before Hadrian stood up and he started walking. To him, Folia wasn't even heavy at all and while he could put her in the pokeball, he preferred the companionship even if she was mostly going to be sunbathing on the way. Maybe later if she desired, he would put her in the pokeball. But for now... he would just carry her and let her soak up the sun. He had a strange feeling something might happen and it would be best to let Folia rest... for the future was always uncertain.

So the duo walked off towards Farwater, which Hadrian recalled from the old lady's words that he just needed to follow the River to its end. He moved at a relaxed pace, but with a bit of speed in it so he could get to the village faster. The day went by, and it was still rather nice as his starter soaked up some sun along the way. Their only stop along the way was a small break where both of them drank some water and had some food to regain some energy before resuming on their journey to Farwater village.

The goal was to get the medicine delivered... and as both Hadrian and Folia moved towards Farwater, Hadrian wondered what might happen when he arrived there...

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/387turtwig.png Folia http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif lvl 13
-Has more confidence in Hadrian now
-Resting in his arms and soaking up sunlight to recover (Turtwigs apparently do this according to wiki)

[OOC: Egg count is.. 10 + 3 due to level up, so Egg count is 13! (though this may get a rapid spike by next post...)]

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
relapo
 Posted: Aug 8 2015, 04:28 PM
| Quote |

Foodie
Background Mods
Member No. 1720
Joined on 23-July 14.

Characters:

[.7!]

---

Hadrian's decision to continue his trek to Farwater was a wise one, however the detour and delay from confronting the umbreon is not without it's consequences. Hadrian would walk only a short while longer before coming upon the boundaries of Farwater Village. As he would approach, screams could be heard and a plume of smoke could be seen to the northeast corner of village.

Farwater was filled with chaos as Hadrian approached the village. Standing right at the edge of town, he would see a brawl in the middle of the street. Swords and axes were drawn, but it was difficult to see who sided with whom. In general, there were four large, burly men who seemed to be the general focus of the rest of the group. Hadrian wouldn't have time to get involved even if he wanted to, however, as an older woman in perhaps her mid-to-late forties, would approach Hadrian as soon as he walked into town.

"Are you the boy who is to bring us our medicines?" She barely would take a breath before continuing - let alone allowing Hadrian to respond. "Had you been here sooner, our best fighter would be there dealing with those damned bandits. We've lost two young boys because of your delay. Give me them; give me them now!" She was of course referring to the medicines Hadrian was carrying. "Damn now. Come on, come on. I'll need your help getting him on his feet. He's been unwell for days, but we ran out of the pain medicine yesterday just as he was recovering." The woman would dart away down a path and enter into the second wooden home on the left.

The fight was still going on in the middle of the street, but it seems like the men with swords were beginning to bring down the axe-weilding bandits. A glance to the scene would net Hadrian the sight of the largest bandit with a sword buried deep into his stomach as he toppled over. The villagers would need no additional help in this instance; but the bandits had definitely made their presence known and felt regardless.

Should Hadrian follow - and likely collect any reward - he would walk into the home the woman went into and find her mixing one of the elixirs with a couple herbs. There would be a man, about her age, sitting up in a large, cushioned, chair. He looked well-built, but seemed to be wincing in pain every time the woman would move shift his leg. She would motion for Hadrian to sit down and ask any questions he may have while she worked on the man.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Cypwater Point | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.