Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Erland Mason's Travels, Sir Eev
Kaia
 Posted: Sep 6 2016, 01:35 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 352
Member No. 2161
Joined on 29-December 15.

Characters:
Kalliope Tamsin, Namid Waagosh'Giizis

Awards: 3

{Welcome to Harper(again)! No need for an egg count but make sure to link your travels to your signature}

Guardian Roland rounded the stables, a jolt to his step. The moment he spotted Erland he made a beeline toward the freshly minted guardian. "There you are," He waved his hand in a come hither gesture even as he closed the distance. "Nice to see you're getting to know your pokemon. You two follow me, there's work to be done." Roland turned back on his heel so abruptly the movement itself was difficult to catch. He led back where he'd come, bypassing the courtyard in favor of a long, narrow hall cut into the barracks near the stables. The hall burst with various doors on either side, all closed. Many were rooms or storage for supplies but Roland halted at one near the end of the hall.

"If you need weapons or the like, we store them here. The spare armor is across from us. Take anything you need and we'll square away the details later." Roland would give him time to peruse the wares if Erland so chose. If not they'd move on at a quick pace. "You've been working as a squire for the past four years. I assume by this measure we can skip the usual training missions to get your measure and put you in the field." He glanced over his shoulder and smiled. "Of course, we won't leave you floundering all on your own." They rounded the corner of the hallway and went not upstairs but to the mess hall. Numerous guardians sat in clumps on warped wooden tables. Most talked with one another, two in particular seemed to stuff their faces like munchlax.

Roland paused as they entered the room and gave Erland a look. "Don't think your knowing Lord Dodgeson will put you any higher than the rest of the men here. In fact, go toting around your friendship and you'll gain enemies fast. You won't receive any special treatment and there will be no calling on Lord Dodgeson every time you get in a pickle. You're to learn just as every Guardian does. These are words straight from the boss." His severity emphasized the wrinkles set around his mouth, laugh lines drawn taut. "That means you can fall just as hard as anyone, and get in dangerous situations on a daily basis. Don't forget." Roland nodded as if the conversation ended and picked out a Guardian dozing in their breakfast.

The Senior clapped the guardian on one shoulder, startling them right out of slumber. "Wh-what?" One hand on a large, two-handed blade tightened. The guardian relaxed as Roland rose an eyebrow. "Sheesh, way to scare the crap out of me." The guardian stretched one arm over the opposite shoulder and yawned. "This the kid I'm dragging around?"

Roland sighed. "If you didn't sleep in your breakfast you wouldn't have been startled." He gestured between them. "Erland Mason, this is Toby Harding." He glanced at Toby. "Toby, this is the Guardian you're taking out in the field. Not kid. Guardian. He's not much younger than you are, anyway." The guardian named Toby stuck out a pink tongue. "He should know the basics. Fill him in where he needs the information but otherwise he should be an asset rather than a burden for this trip. Now, I'm due in the yard for morning training." He turned on his heel and walked away. Toby saluted him a bit mockingly as he left but it was clear it was affectionate. Then came the scrutinizing.

"Well I guess you fit the picture of guardian, anyway. Eat up, we'll leave in twenty minutes." Toby began to attack the plate of food he'd nearly fallen into. Despite being tired, Toby ate through every bit within minutes, most likely by the time Erland got back if he went for food at all. If not, he could sit and spend time with his new pokemon. He could also ask about the current mission, Toby, or anything he liked. Soon enough they'd be on the road together. Might as well learn a bit about his new partner right?

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels
Incredible sprite by Mackay!

| PM || AIM |
^
Erland Mason
 Posted: Sep 7 2016, 07:04 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 47
Member No. 2284
Joined on 27-August 16.

Characters:
Erland Mason

Awards: None

The hackles on the back of Baron’s neck and rear alerted Erland to Guardian Roland’s presence, who was met with a growl and a wave. The poochyena, he could tell, was ready to attack the man whom purposefully approached them when Erland stayed a hand on his head to scratch his ear. ”Easy, boy, he’s a friend.”

Once again Erland noticed that the dog’s aggression visibly dissipated when he did so, even if Baron was still tense and on edge. That knowledge could come in handy later.

"There you are. Nice to see you're getting to know your pokemon. You two follow me, there's work to be done."

He nodded and, turning to the poochyena, retrieved his partner’s pokeball from his pocket. ”Alright, Baron, I know you just got out, but I can’t have you running around nipping at everyone. We’ll get you some fresh air soon enough.” A defiant growl was the natural response but, of course, had he really expected the young pup to listen?

Immediately, Baron snapped at the hand Erland held his pokeball in who, in turn, pulled away before the dog’s teeth could find any flesh to dig into. If Baron could talk, his answer would have been a resounding, “No!” However, the Guardian was not to be outdone so soon, especially not after he had just warned the poochyena about biting him. With a great SMACK to his snout, Baron was sent sprawling, whimpering away with his tail between his legs to a safer distance… but what could he really say? Erland had warned him. Now, at least, he knew that this man—his handler—wasn’t all bark at all. Ironically, the bite pokemon was actually somewhat… impressed! But the admiration was short-lived as, suddenly, a bright red flash drowned out all his thoughts as he was sucked back into the red-and-white ball with a small yip. ”No hard feelings, but I did warn you,” Erland whispered into the device, re-emphasizing his point on a hard-learned lesson. Maybe next time, Baron would listen.

If Roland had anything to say about the exchange between Baron and himself, he’d brush it off with a chuckling, ”Growing pains,” as he rose to follow the man. It wasn’t at all difficult for him to keep up with Roland as he wound his way through the barracks up until they stopped at a parallel set of doors that led to a weapons and armor closet respectively. Erland only needed enough time to find what he was looking for before they were off again: his favorite suit of lamellar (which he had stashed in the back corner of the armor closet so that no one would have taken it), the most serviceable round buckler that he could find, and a new-ish looking short sword that he clipped on to his belt.

’"You've been working as a squire for the past four years. I assume by this measure we can skip the usual training missions to get your measure and put you in the field. Of course, we won't leave you floundering all on your own."

Erland couldn’t help but smile in return. He appreciated the nod to his competence in the sense that he wouldn’t have to deal with any more petty, get-to-know-you sort of missions that he, in truth, hadn’t been looking forward to in the slightest; however, he wondered if it may not have been better to have done at least one in order for he and Baron to get better acquainted before being thrown into the fire together. Oh well, he shrugged to himself, not letting himself worry about it too much. No matter what he thought, his pride would not let him say anything. He knew what was at stake if he couldn’t keep up and, one way or another, he would, and Roland’s following remarks only helped to drive home the point.

Toby Harding…

The name had a twinge of familiarity to it, but Erland passed it off on the fact that he, himself, had been working around the Guardians for the last four years, not to mention his own family’s past here. Anyone that was at least a Senior Guardian or above in rank, he imagined, he would have crossed paths with at some time or another, even if it was only briefly. Still, since he couldn’t quite pinpoint exactly where, he decided to forego breakfast in favor of a little meet-and-greet with his new Senior. ”Save any room for dessert?” Erland jested in good-humor. Whether it was received in as good of spirits as it was intended, though, Erland broached into a conversation with confidence regardless.

Erland asked about the mission that they were assigned along with any details that might prove beneficial for him to know, cognizant of the man’s reactions to his questions as he silently evaluated him. He had already noticed that Toby was tired, but he looked for other things that might show him what kind of man he was working with rather than asking up-front. After all, his father had always taught him, “More is caught than taught.”
__

[OOC: I didn’t bother with actual dialogue about asking questions so, whatever you find pertinent to the mission, feel free to include. Gracias! http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/3.png]

--------------------
The Guardian
___

The Adventure & His Legacy
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2

PCR
Other Characters

Fully Evolved Team

| PM |
^
Kaia
 Posted: Sep 8 2016, 05:46 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 2161

Characters:

{+0.7 EXP!}

Toby laughed at Erland and prodded him in the ribs. "You making fun of my size, punk?" Toby grinned. On the whole, the guardian was on the smaller size. Slender rather than bulky and if Toby stood up maybe five-four in height. But there had to be a good reason Roland matched him up with the sleepy but sassy guardian. Hopefully not simply because Toby was the only one available. Or the only one willing to take on a trainee in the aftermath of the schism. Mousy brown hair hung in short, straight hanks to Toby's earlobes but no lower. A longbow hung off a strap in the back as did a set of throwing knives.

Toby's battle-ready appearance probably had more to do with laziness than the usual be ready for anything attitude the guardians adopted. Not that Toby was lazy, so to speak. "So," A blunt wooden spoon stuck out the side of Toby's mouth. "I've heard of you. Some kid they made up a position for to get around age restrictions." The bland tone and the spoon made it hard to tell what exactly was meant at the statement: an insult or an observation? "You were probably bound to the city during the schism, right?" Toby scraped the plate with the smooth, worn spoon.

"Probably didn't play with the big boys either. Well, the big boys as they are wont to do made a heap of mess all over the realm. The main cities recovered well enough but the villages? Less so. We're going to Silver Staravia, it's about a day's march from here. The mages blew through that down like a hundred Golem went off simultaneously. Damn trinkets." Toby flicked hazel eyes in Erland's direction. "Pardon the noble boy's delicate ears, of course." It might have been an insult. Or it might have been a jest with no ill intent behind it. Hard to tell with those sharp, penetrating eyes.

"Hope you're ready for a little back-breaking work." Toby had all but licked the plate clean - and might have if Erland wasn't so focused - and rose to such a meager height it was hard to believe anyone of that stature could survive in the Guardian ranks for long. Two long, calloused hands reached for the ceiling then stretched to either side. "No time like the present. Let's head out, kid. We'll be helping to rebuild the town today. Nothing so fancy like as your mastership might prefer." Another long drawl of vowels. "But it's honest work and the village needs all the help it can get."

Most newbies started out with a simple task such as this. Roland had stated Erland had put in his dues as a makeshift squire the past few years and would start out on a real mission. This one sounded pretty lackluster. Was there more beneath the thin veneer of construction or was it another test? Erland could ask but there was no telling what might pop out of Toby's mouth next. "Get you're gear, and make sure to keep up. If you fall behind, you can spend the night catching up." With this, the caustic Guardian trainer laughed lightly and bounced from the room. Even through a multitude of awkwardly placed tables and guardians getting up or sitting down respectively didn't slow Toby down. The guardian was across the room and out the door in three seconds flat.

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels

| PM || AIM |
^
Erland Mason
 Posted: Sep 9 2016, 02:37 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2284
Joined on 27-August 16.

Characters:
Erland Mason

”I wasn’t the first to have the job, you know,” Erland corrected the Senior in a genial tone, allowing the potential insults to slide off of his back, ”And you’re right; I was here during the Schism, but because of my age--and that position you sound so fond of,” he teased, ”I was actually restricted primarily to grunt-work and errand-running of every variety. Nothing as glamorous as one might think.”

Erland shot him a small, understanding grin as the Guardian stuffed his face. As of yet, he didn’t know what to think of Toby. On one hand, he appeared lazy, but it was his caustic attitude that gave Erland a bad feeling in his gut. He hoped that it was simply the man’s personality, but he had to be sure.

As he rose to follow his Senior, Erland scanned the room to see who was nearby and, whenever he determined that no one was close enough to hear what he had to say next, he lowered his voice… except that Toby was already gone! Somewhat bewildered at the speed at which the little man had navigated the waters of the mess hall, Erland laughed as he picked up his things and bounded after him, hopefully without making too much of a fool of himself in the process. When he finally caught up with Mr. Harding, he let loose what he was about to say only minutes prior.

”Let’s get this squared away real quick, Toby: I am no noble, nor am I anyone’s master, nor have I ever been. I am also no stranger to hard work, as I’m sure you can see,” Erland made a sweeping motion across his body as if to showcase his body, strong and calloused as he was. ”But the way Roland was talking made it seem like there was more to this mission than what you have laid out for me. If there is anything else I need to know, I’m asking you to tell me now… sir.”

The “sir” was borne out of a healthy mix of respect that was due to a Senior Guardian as well as to show the man that he was fully aware of his rank, regardless of his plain speech. Hopefully, that would be enough to calm any tension.

Even speaking in serious tones as he was though, Erland would likely not have come across as combative unless Guardian Harding truly harbored bitterness towards him… but, then again, that was also somewhat the point. Toby’s reaction would give him a gauge for whether or not his previous statements were jests or legitimate insults, which would help him know where he stood and tell Erland all that he was wanting to know. He could be getting hazed, for example, which was typical between new Senior and Junior Guardian pairs for whatever reason and, if that were the case, then Erland would put up with it… for now. But if the stout little man withheld ill-intent towards him? That could be trouble. Just like with his first meeting with Baron, he believed it was best to nip these sorts of things in the bud before they blossomed at an ill-opportune time.

--------------------
The Guardian
___

“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2

PCR
Other Characters

Fully Evolved Team

| PM |
^
Kaia
 Posted: Sep 12 2016, 10:59 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 2161

Characters:

{+0.7 EXP}

A bark of laughter escaped the Senior Guardian. "Sir." Toby wiped both eyes with slender fingers. "I have a feeling I'm going to like you." The guardian sighed, amusement clearly embedded around mouth lines and eye creases. The pace picked up yet again, leaving the tall youth behind a few seconds. By the time Erland would catch up the amusement would have been overtaken by contemplation. Toby eyed the kid, giving a thorough up-and-down Erland could not refute. "You may not be a noble of blood, kid, but you've got the bearing for it." Somehow Toby managed to maneuver the hall without running into anyone--all without actually looking in the direction they traveled.

"The mission is exactly as I said. Mages destroyed the town. We're rebuilding." Toby shrugged. A line of guardians in full armor strode past, clanking loudly in their steel armor. They all carried at least three weapons and a shield of some sort stamped with the harper trio. None of them so much as glanced at the pair as they trailed past and right out the door the men strode in through. The weather held fair and the sun shone down from above. Puffy clouds danced by and yet the faintest chill rose with the breeze. Autumn might not have fully settled in the region but it was scraping its teeth along the ground, raking leaves from trees and sending smaller creatures toward eating to excess in preparation for hibernation.

"As one might imagine of a war-torn region such as we live in," Toby continued as if never interrupted, "not everyone is particularly happy about the new arrangement. A few stragglers from all three warring factions enjoy dabbling in a little rebellion." White teeth flashed. "We got a tip a few were interested in getting back at the village while it was rebuilding for being the cause of the mage's attack in the first place." Toby, who managed to keep the lead no matter the rugged cobblestones beneath their feet nor the passersby, turned on one heel and began to walk backwards.

"Make no mistake, Sir Erland." Toby grinned again. "It's going to be grueling, sweaty work the next couple days. The reason Roland sent you on my heel was to make sure you got some good hard work in you--and to give me a little backup in case our little tip pans out." As yet Toby continued to waltz backwards, keeping to a brisk trot. Strange guardian. "You felt the need to mark your common blood with a little speech, so let me have one of my very own. Keep your head down while we're in the village. Just because we're offering assistance and extra protection doesn't mean any of them like us much.

"And if it comes down to fighting,"
Toby stopped suddenly, closing the space between them to mere inches. A stubborn, pointy chin jutted up as Toby fixed Erland with a severe glare. "Do not leave my side. I don't give a rattatta's backside if a baby's about to drown in a lake and the whole ground is torn open by ten rhyhorn earthquakes struck at the same time. You will not run off or do anything without my say so." Toby flicked Erland's nose, turned with a single fluid shuffle of feet, and went back on the road. "I'm not explaining why another of Dodgeson's pets kicks it on a simple mission."

The wind kicked up and tore at Toby's mousy hair, sending it up in flurries. "Meaning no offense, Sir Erland." Even though Erland couldn't see it, no doubt he would hear the smile in Toby's voice.

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels

| PM || AIM |
^
Erland Mason
 Posted: Sep 17 2016, 01:57 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2284
Joined on 27-August 16.

Characters:
Erland Mason

A toothy grin graced Erland’s lips as the Senior Guardian barked away, and he couldn’t help but to chuckle a little to himself as he mock-bowed in mid-stride and said, ”You’re too kind.” The gesture, combined with the fact that Toby had once again upped the pace, left him more than a few steps behind so that he had to jog in order to catch back up and, when he did, he noticed that Toby’s demeanor had changed. Maybe now might not be the best time for more jokes, he reasoned to himself.

”You may not be a noble of blood, kid, but you’ve got the bearing for it.”

Given the source of the compliment, Erland had to admit that he suddenly felt awkward in his own skin, although he accepted it with a nod and a quick, “Thank you,” Luckily, Toby continued without much pause, reaffirming what their mission’s purpose was. Erland kept his mouth shut as he explained further.

”The mission is exactly as I said. Mages destroyed the town. We're rebuilding.” He shrugged. ”As one might imagine of a war-torn region such as we live in, not everyone is particularly happy about the new arrangement. A few stragglers from all three warring factions enjoy dabbling in a little rebellion. We got a tip a few were interested in getting back at the village while it was rebuilding for being the cause of the mage's attack in the first place.”

Neither the man’s grin at the mention of “rebellion,” nor the line of fully-armored guardians were lost on Erland and, somehow, he felt that they may have been tied to one another… He mentally shrugged. They would find out whenever they got there, he presumed. What he had not anticipated, however, was that he was suddenly face to face with Toby as the Senior Guardian danced backwards amongst the cobblestones, turning a heel without batting an eye. Erland raised a quizzical eyebrow at him and, once again, a smile landed upon his lips. However strange his mentor was, he couldn’t deny that he sort of enjoyed the weirdness.

"Make no mistake, Sir Erland,” Toby grinned again. "It's going to be grueling, sweaty work the next couple days. The reason Roland sent you on my heel was to make sure you got some good hard work in you--and to give me a little backup in case our little tip pans out. Toby turned serious once again. ”You felt the need to mark your common blood with a little speech, so let me have one of my very own. Keep your head down while we're in the village. Just because we're offering assistance and extra protection doesn't mean any of them like us much. And if it comes down to fighting,”

Suddenly, Erland tensed as the Senior Guardian stopped and met him with intensity that he was not expecting.

"Do not leave my side. I don't give a rattatta's backside if a baby's about to drown in a lake and the whole ground is torn open by ten rhyhorn earthquakes struck at the same time. You will not run off or do anything without my say so." Erland’s eyes got big as Toby flicked his nose, turned with a single fluid shuffle of feet, and went back on the road. "I'm not explaining why another of Dodgeson's pets kicks it on a simple mission... Meaning no offense, Sir Erland."

Erland rolled his eyes in mock-annoyance, although Toby probably would not have seen it, similar to how Toby’s smile passed by unseen. ”Then let’s hope we don’t run into a herd of rhyhorns,” he teased. Although he knew he would have a difficult time obeying the Senior Guardian’s command if it truly came down to it, chances were that it wouldn’t, so why make a big deal out of it?

From here on out (barring any setbacks or change-of-plans), Erland would do what was possible to make light conversation while they trudged along to Silver Staravia, hopefully building rapport with the man who was his mentor. Conversation would be light and laced with humor unless goaded into more serious discussion; however, he doubted that Toby was one for it… then again, the man had already surprised him several times in the short span of knowing each other, so all seemed to be fair game. I mean, really, what kind of man flicks another man on the nose to drive home a point?

--------------------
The Guardian
___

PCR
Other Characters

Fully Evolved Team

| PM |
^
Kaia
 Posted: Sep 30 2016, 02:09 AM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 2161

Characters:

{+0.7 EXP}

Toby grinned, unseen by way of facing in the opposite direction of Erland. "If there's a herd of rhyhorns I'll make sure to send you out to corral them. We could test your speed and stamina in battle." Toby laughed lightly and went on. Unless Erland had something in particular he wanted to ask, the day would indeed pass by in lighthearted conversation and lightly peppered with humor. The travel itself wouldn't be too strenuous. A fast pace combined with a chipper, if a bit annoying, senior guardian made sure the mood was reasonably light.

By late afternoon, about two hours to sunset the pair drew close to the village. No more than two miles off by this point and just off the trail, the evidence of war splayed out for all to see. What had been spacious farm lands on the trip through, now only ruins remained. Decimated fields strewn with rotting vegetation, scuttling pokemon digging for scraps in what was once a well loved, well tended land. The trail cut west into the sun, impeding the sight. Even so it was hard to mistake what they were looking at. What was once a modest home and a small barn was shattered beyond repair as if blown out from within. Debris lay scattered and ruined grains spilled forlornly onto the hard-packed dirt, bleached by the sun.

Toby's standard grin hardened a little. Any light conversation died as they traveled past husks of farms and mills. The trail followed a small stream, no more than ten feet across and perhaps five feet deep at best. Flotsam trickled by on the weak current. It was shallower than its banks would otherwise imply and cloudy. Not from mud or muck. The source was upstream another mile. The stream clogged with detritus and rubbish. From broken tools to warped board and even a few unidentifiable clumps, a dam of sorts had backed up the river. It happened a few times from that point on, toward the village itself.

It might have been a modest village before the attacks. Spread out in between two wide, low-curving hills, Silver Staravia's remains nestled in the growing shadows. Houses destroyed, the main hall blasted to pieces. Even the well, drawn from an underground runoff of the stream, was undrinkable. Toby's tight shoulders and silence spoke volumes. They went straight to the makeshift meeting hall. A large canvas tent, waxed to prevent water damage, erected in the field of some sort. Rich dirt churned up where multitudes of feet dislodged it. A few men and women milled about but for the most part the village looked empty. A ruin rather than the thriving town it had once been.

Toby went straight to the the man who looked in charge. His face was worn, cheeks rough with unshaven whiskers. His hair hung to one side in a way that implied he'd been running his hands through it nonstop. Toby bowed. "Senior Guardian Harding at your service, sir." With a fluid twist, Toby regained posture. "I apologize for arriving so late in the afternoon. We're yours until this mess has been taken care of." The phrase we're yours had been emphasized just a little, if Erland was paying attention. Toby gestured to the new Guardian. "May I introduce Guardian Erland Mason." The older gentleman looked between the two, eyes glassy.

He nodded. "Much appreciated. Right now we're nearly finished up. A sentry roster's being passed around, I'll make sure your names are added. For the time being, get comfortable and rest up. Tomorrow's going to be a long day." The commander seemed like he'd suffered numerous long days with little sleep and no recouperation. "You need any supplies, find Sheila. She's hard to miss. Oh," He held out a hand to each guardian in turn. "I'm Commander Jenkins. If you have a problem, direct it to my courier." Their dismissal was quite evident. Toby ignored him.

"Fantastic. I'll find Sheila and keep a running list of necessities, Commander." Toby jerked a thumb at Erland. "But make sure the kid shares my sentry shift. He's wet behind the ears, if you get my meaning. But he's ready prove himself, so give him whatever jobs you've got." The smile tainting that smug voice was impossible to ignore. Toby flashed Erland a smile. "Oh, and you best get some rest yourself, Commander." Toby twisted on one foot and began walking away, passing Erland by in a bare few seconds. "If you've got lackeys, now's the time to put them to good use instead of twiddling their thumbs. You're looking a little rough around the edges yourself."

Toby didn't look back as Commander Jenkins spluttered, his face red. "Not meanin' no offense, sir." Toby drawled, emphasizing a common born accent. "But yer men, they chatter like torchics in a coop." Already halfway across the field, Toby belligerently ignored the angry sounds exploding from the Commander. Instead, Toby began to whistle a tune, only stopping long enough to call, "You coming kid?"

[[sorry for taking forever! Stressful week]]

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels

| PM || AIM |
^
Erland Mason
 Posted: May 3 2017, 02:12 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2284
Joined on 27-August 16.

Characters:
Erland Mason

It was roughly two hours before sunset when Erland first saw the decimated village of Silver Staravia on the horizon. At first, he thought that what they saw may have been merely ruins that they would be passing through on the way, but that notion was dismissed as quickly as it came. The young guardian bit his cheek to check his emotions.

He had seen war-torn land before—just about anyone who lived through the Schism had—but nothing quite like what lay before him. Debris… rubble… everywhere he turned there was a new, heart-wrenching disaster. It made him feel guilty for not being here sooner.

By the time that they reached the command tent, Erland’s typically genial temperament had vanished, and he lost all stomach for pleasantries.

"I apologize for arriving so late in the afternoon. We're yours until this mess has been taken care of. May I introduce Guardian Erland Mason."

Erland saluted the Commander in dutiful fashion, noting the purplish bags beneath his eyes.

"Much appreciated. Right now we're nearly finished up. A sentry roster's being passed around, I'll make sure your names are added. For the time being, get comfortable and rest up. Tomorrow's going to be a long day. You need any supplies, find Sheila. She's hard to miss. Oh," He held out a hand to each guardian in turn. "I'm Commander Jenkins. If you have a problem, direct it to my courier." Their dismissal was quite evident. Toby ignored him.

"Fantastic. I'll find Sheila and keep a running list of necessities, Commander, but make sure the kid shares my sentry shift. He's wet behind the ears, if you get my meaning. But he's ready prove himself, so give him whatever jobs you've got. Oh, and you best get some rest yourself, Commander." Toby twisted on one foot and began walking away, passing Erland by in a bare few seconds. "If you've got lackeys, now's the time to put them to good use instead of twiddling their thumbs. You're looking a little rough around the edges yourself."

Erland couldn’t believe his senses as he watched the exchange. Everything that he had seen from Toby may have pointed to this kind of behavior, but to see him act the way he did to a commander? It was baffling! And yet, in spite of his disbelief, he couldn't help but find the stout man to be quite amusing.

"Not meanin' no offense, sir, but yer men, they chatter like torchics in a coop." Already halfway across the field, Toby belligerently ignored the angry sounds exploding from the Commander. Instead, Toby began to whistle a tune, only stopping long enough to call, "You coming kid?"

With that, Erland bowed before Commander Jenkins in a show of respect, unwilling to be lumped into the same category that Toby would be judged by based merely on association. ”If you would excuse us, Commander,” he requested before he half-ran to catch up with his Senior Guardian.

”What the heck was that about?” Erland asked in a hushed tone in case anyone else might be around to overhear them. If Toby were to look at the young man’s exasperated face, he would also see the traces of a sheepish grin that told him that Erland was not being disrespectful, but was rather completely abashed. How Toby even could muster up the gall to behave in that manner in the heart of a decimated village (and to a Commander of all people) was beyond him, and Erland thought that the impudent guardian must have had a reason for it… he just had to... right?

--------------------
The Guardian
___

PCR
Other Characters

Fully Evolved Team

| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: May 12 2017, 10:39 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1613
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Awards: 5

[[ +0.6 EXP for you! Also, I’ve switched Toby’s speech color to Kaia’s in this post because I can’t use my own http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png ]]

Toby let out a chuckle as Erland caught up with him. “Well, he looks awfully stressed to me. Maybe that’s what’s making his face look like a bomb about to go off,” he smirked as he took out a poke ball, rolling it absentmindedly between his fingers as he continued walking at his swift pace. His grin to Erland let the newer Guardian know that Toby knew what he was talking about, but he was by no means playing along.

He led Erland to a small shack about two-thirds of the way down into the field. It looked like the remains of a small cottage, but there was nothing left there to indicate people anymore. Scorches on the floor revealed the cause - fire, whether natural or magical - but it didn’t seem to faze Toby all that much. “You can go find Sheila if you need anything else, but for now just stay around here and try not to destroy anything,” he said as he finally released the contents of his poke ball. An oval-shaped pink creature leaped out, looking around with great interest. “Wiggles and I’ll get some training done around here. No point in doing anything yet; if our names are on the roster, they’ll let us know when we’re needed. Just be back by sunset if you head out; I’m not explaining to Lord Dodgeson how you got your fool self killed in the dark.” He turned to the wigglytuff after that, motioning for her to follow him, and the pokemon obeyed without hesitation.

Erland had some time to go find Sheila, although Toby wouldn’t be able to help with her location much more than pointing back in the direction where they met Commander Jenkins. The few people Erland had seen milling around in the destroyed town might be able to help him find Sheila, or they could potentially give him clues about what exactly had happened in Silver Staravia. He could also try to interact with his own pokemon, and a practice battle might have been possible if there were any wild pokemon in the surrounding areas. Which, oddly enough, there were not. There was not even a trace of a pokemon for the entire time Toby trained his wigglytuff and Erland had some time on his own.

A few minutes after sunset, about two hours after the pair of Guardians had entered the village, Erland and Toby would hear approaching footsteps, the sounds close enough to each other for the two men to tell that the runner was in a hurry. “Oh, thank goodness it’s you two, I heard you were out by Conrad’s old house!” he wheezed as Toby, who had been sitting on the floor of the ruined hut with his wigglytuff by his side, promptly got to his feet and threw open the door.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, his hand resting on his weapon as the wigglytuff’s ears perked up with interest.

“You must have noticed there haven’t been many pokemon here,” the young man said. On closer look, he appeared to be a young teenager with dirty-blonde hair falling into his eyes. “I was taking the pre-nightfall shift when I heard something skittering around, so my pokemon and I decided to take a look. Out of nowhere, my gloom got hit with a wad of poison to the face - she’s my only pokemon, and normally she’s not even affected by poison, but this poison really hurt her, I could tell… I only got a brief look at the thing once I found it, but I can tell you I’ve never seen anything like it… I got scared, but when it saw me, it didn’t try to hurt my gloom again. Instead it took something in its mouth and ran off, and when the sentries tried to chase it, they saw what looked like a pack coming closer - you have to come help us!”

“Bring out your pokemon if you think it can help,” Toby said before motioning for his wigglytuff to follow him out the door. “Show us where it was, kid - Wiggly can take them,” Toby said, then turned back to face Erland. “Well, come on, then - and figure out something useful to do. Think of it as a test.” With no further words, he chased the young man into the darkness, leaving Erland to think of what might be his best way to help.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Erland Mason
 Posted: May 12 2017, 01:51 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2284
Joined on 27-August 16.

Characters:
Erland Mason

”You're ridiculous,” Erland shook his head in mock-embarrassment trying to hide the toothy grin on his face.

The demolished remains of the building were seen long before they reached it over the flatness of the field, and the mere sight of it brought the younger Guardian back to earth—they were knee-deep, wading in the middle of a war-torn town. It distressed him to know that he was less than a day's ride from Fough Place and yet he had not heard hide nor hair of the destruction of Silver Staravia until now... it didn't matter that there was little to nothing that he could've done to help these people. Despite his mood-shift, he still managed to offer a quip towards his Senior Guardian. ”And here I thought we were past the hazing stage of our relationship,” Erland jested dryly, noticing that Toby seemed unfazed upon entering the poor excuse for a cottage.

“You can go find Sheila if you need anything else, but for now just stay around here and try not to destroy anything. Wiggles and I’ll get some training done around here. No point in doing anything yet; if our names are on the roster, they’ll let us know when we’re needed. Just be back by sunset if you head out; I’m not explaining to Lord Dodgeson how you got your fool self killed in the dark.”

Being dismissed in the fashion that he was touched his pride a little bit, but he swallowed it smoothly as he walked right back out the door with only a nod to acknowledge that he had heard the man. To find Sheila it would be.

Erland thought about letting Baron out to explore a bit, but decided against it on account of the situation. The bite pokemon was likely to run off and cause trouble, and he had not had the chance to train that out of him. Between the night approaching as quickly as it were and the depressed aura that palpably filled the air, the last thing that Erland wanted to be responsible for was opening a can of worms.

He didn't put too much thought into how the village had been destroyed—the Schism was infamous for the Mages' influence after all—so his first move was to return to the command tent where they had first met Commander Jenkins. Thankfully, his years growing up aligned with the Guard taught him to understand the importance of the hierarchy of rank, so he was wise enough to not bother the perturbed Commander about the humdrum inquiries of a Guardian still 'wet-behind-the-ears'. Instead, he sought out the assistance of one of the chattering torchics under Commander Jenkins to assist him with finding Sheila. Only if he could find no one to point him in the right direction would he intrude upon the Commander's tent.

One thing Erland was mindful of was to keep an ear to the wind no matter where he went. He wasn't necessarily anticipating to hear anything out-of-the-ordinary, but you never knew… especially whenever tensions were as high they were. But, as calm and collected as he might have appeared on the exterior, he longed to prove himself on this mission, so that may or may not have been a motivating factor as well.

Upon finding Sheila, Erland would peruse her wares, if there were any for him at all; regardless, he wouldn't dawdle if she had nothing that he needed. It's not like he expected there to be much in the aftermath of the Schism anyways. Actually, what he truly wanted was to get back in enough time to watch Toby train his wigglytuff, maybe even participate a little. He and Baron were sore for the lack of training time they had put in together, and training against the Senior might prove to be a worthy barometer of their abilities.

Depending on how long it took to find Sheila and collect his bearings, Erland wouldn't be shy to study Toby and Wiggles. However, if dusk was already bearing down upon them, it was also possible that he would have arrived just in time to hear the courier's message. “You must have noticed there haven’t been many pokemon here… I was taking the pre-nightfall shift when I heard something skittering around, so my pokemon and I decided to take a look. Out of nowhere, my gloom got hit with a wad of poison to the face - she’s my only pokemon, and normally she’s not even affected by poison, but this poison really hurt her, I could tell… I only got a brief look at the thing once I found it, but I can tell you I’ve never seen anything like it… I got scared, but when it saw me, it didn’t try to hurt my gloom again. Instead it took something in its mouth and ran off, and when the sentries tried to chase it, they saw what looked like a pack coming closer - you have to come help us!”

Toby's self-assured response hardly surprised him, but the younger Guardian was curious at something the blonde-haired boy said. ”What do you mean, 'pack'? A pack of what?” Erland questioned as he chased the others out the door. He still chose to leave Baron in his pokeball for now. His time would come soon enough, especially if there was a fight on their hands, and he would surely be useful if he behaved himself… He is a dark-type, Erland thought sardonicly.

--------------------
The Guardian
___

PCR
Other Characters

Fully Evolved Team

| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: May 26 2017, 08:26 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

[[+0.6 EXP for you! Feel free to play out the purchase if you do want to get any items. You can also write yourself into the training if you want. And let’s get this party started shall we http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/28.png ]]

Erland would find his way to Sheila relatively easily, finding the tall, dark-haired woman arranging what few wares remained to her in a semicircle. “I’m terribly sorry, but there’s not much to sell, even to Guardians,” she said politely, gesturing down at the table in front of her. Erland would see four poke balls, plus a great ball, sitting on the left, and a scuffed-looking White Flute sat to the right of a Red Flute. “I used to have weapons, and I had many more healing items, but with everything happening here, people needed them for their pokemon. Of course, we’ve still got these,” she said, gesturing to a few small blue bottles in perfect condition. “Who would want an Ice Heal when the town’s on fire?”

She would help Erland with whatever he wanted to purchase, and after that, he would be free to find his way back to Toby and Wiggles. The pair worked on the accuracy of Play Rough, the wigglytuff aiming its attacks at trees and trying to find a coordinated way to segue from one punch or kick into the next. Toby would greet Erland with a “Feel free to join in, but there’s no wild pokemon to go up against,” wondering if the junior Guardian had any specific plans or simply wished to watch.

Whether or not Erland got involved, he would explain the benefits of accuracy plus the particular move he was working on - “Wiggles has a large movepool, but it’s important to focus on close-combat techniques. If you find yourself cornered, it’s those moves that’ll be getting you out of trouble, and you’ll have to fight for every inch,” he would say at one point as Wiggles landed a punch at the bottom of one tree and careened towards another.

Erland was free to watch, or join in, until the messenger boy arrived, at which point he and Toby would find themselves following the young man back the way they came from. “I don’t know what it’s a pack of, but there’s a whole bunch - follow me,” the messenger boy said again as he ran, eventually stopping in the field as two pokemon slithered up to the group, wagging their tails.

“I saw this one,” the boy said, pointing at one lizard-like pokemon with a leaf stuck to its head with what looked like drops of honey. “It’s the one that hurt my gloom! But this isn’t the one it was following… oh no, I think I see more that way!” he said, standing on his tiptoes and craning his neck to look out into the distance.

“I’ll get whatever’s out there - you, help him,” Toby ordered, and, along with Wiggles, began to head in that direction. Before he left, however, he tossed a poke ball at Erland. “I’m lending him to you if you need him, but don’t you dare get him hurt,” he shouted at Erland before running away, the wigglytuff following surprisingly quickly for a pokemon of its bulk.

“Angel’s not in great shape, but she’s not fainted - I can send her out again… she’s my gloom,” the boy clarified. “What do you have?”

The boy hesitated, not summoning the gloom even as the larger salandit approached, hissing. The other, smaller pokemon belched up a glob of poison onto the ground, challenging Erland to find a way to battle around that.

Erland had his poochyena, and also a mysterious poke ball from Toby - but was it worth the risk? On the flip side, was it worth risking further injury to the boy’s gloom? Either way, Erland and the boy had two angry pokemon on their hands, and they would have to figure it out quickly if they were going to help Toby with the other - or others…

-------------

Battle Start!

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Gen7Pokemon/757_zpslzem7rbh.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Level 5
- Used Toxic on the ground in front of Erland as a challenge

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Gen7Pokemon/757_zpslzem7rbh.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Level 15
- Hissing at the boy
- Has a leaf stuck to its head from some dripping honey

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Erland Mason
 Posted: May 26 2017, 12:18 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2284
Joined on 27-August 16.

Characters:
Erland Mason

[Egg Count (Totodile Egg) = 4 +3 if the egg counts were also processed = 7]

”No worries at all, Sheila,” Erland responded with a genuine, understanding smile, ”We don’t have a need for much as it is anyways. I will, however, take that great ball off your hands if you’re not too fond of it. All I have are the standard pokeballs, and I think that one just might come in handy before long.”

Admittedly, Erland wasn’t much of a musician, but he did spare a glance towards the flutes. They said that certain kinds had special magical abilities to either attract or repel pokemon while others even cured status ailments, and he wondered if that were true… regardless, his curiosity was far too small to bend the ear of his coin purse. The great ball would be it for the day.

Upon arriving back at the ruined cottage, he noticed that Toby and his wigglytuff were outside of it, practicing on a tree. ”Feel free to join in, but there’s no wild pokemon to go up against.” He paused for a moment to see if Erland was going to respond. He didn’t. ”Wiggles has a large movepool, but it’s important to focus on close-combat techniques. If you find yourself cornered, it’s those moves that’ll be getting you out of trouble, and you’ll have to fight for every inch.”

Erland understood the concept well enough but, more importantly, he knew that Baron also knew the move Play Rough. So with a simple click of the pokeball, he released the poochyena, saying, ”I think we might just have to join in, then.”

Unfortunately, Baron seemed to have other plans.

The bite-pokemon came out pent-up with energy that was nigh on uncontrollable. He sped a circle around the wigglytuff and her tree, then dashed into the field, tripping over himself and rolling into the tall grass where he lay on his belly chewing on it. Toby and Erland chuckled at the display but, as soon as his handler made a step towards him, Baron bounded off like a bullet towards the small collection of trees. ”Baron! Come here!” Erland shouted in command only to be met with a bark of defiance from the poochyena. This was a game to him! Not one to be easily angered, the little terror of a pokemon had already succeeded in infuriating Erland in both of their first two meetings. At least he’s being playful this time, he conceded. Still, he couldn’t allow for the dark-type to make a fool out of him and regain control of their relationship.

Pulling out the pokeball, he aimed it at the poochyena in an attempt to return him to his pokeball but, naturally, what would normally be a simple task was made more difficult by the mischievousness of the pooch. For several minutes, Erland struggled to recapture his pokemon who used his quick feet to dodge the red beams that signified his detainment even as Toby watched on, laughing heartily. Finally, Erland had had enough.

”Baron! STOP!” He boomed. The tone in his handler’s voice and the strength with which he said it was enough to cause Baron to halt just long enough for Erland to hit him with one of the beams. ”We’ve got a lot of work ahead of us yet,” he stated flatly to no one in particular. He turned to speak directly to Toby, ”I think I’m just going to watch you and Wiggles for a bit.” And he did just that until the messenger arrived.

Trouble met them halfway, and Erland whipped out his pokecard in an attempt to get a read on the strange salamanders in front of them—he had never seen a pokemon like this before. Even as he was reading the pokecard entry, Toby gave him a pokeball and instructions before speeding off in the other direction with Wiggles. The simple fact that Toby trusted him to handle one of his own pokemon gave him a bump in his confidence, but the boy’s question brought him right back down again. ”A disobedient pooch,” he growled, summoning the poochyena once more, as well as the pokemon that Toby had given him. No matter what the pokemon was, he would already be instructing the pair while they were yet materializing.

To the boy, he gave out instructions ”Go, we’ll handle these guys. Get Angel taken care of. Send someone who can fight our way while you're at it.” In one well-practiced movement, Erland swung his small shield around on his left arm (a trick taught him by a fellow Guardian some years prior), whipped out his sword, and began to clang it against the shield as he circled around to direct the salandit's attention to himself, hopefully giving the kid a safe way out. To Toby’s pokemon, he addressed, ”I know you don’t know me, but Toby lent me your services to help here. Help me dispatch this one. I trust you know your way around a battlefield?” Baron, meanwhile, came out snarling at the two salandit. ”Baron, now’s not the time for your games. We’re Guardians,” he stressed, ”and we have a job to do.” To this, Baron howled in preparation. It seemed that, at least this time, they were in agreement.

Avoiding the toxic pool, Baron bounded sideways and stuck his butt out towards face the salandit that had issued a challenge, taunting it with a single bark, all while remaining on the balls of his paws, ready to quickly dart out of the way when it attacked.

That’s it, boy, Erland thought as he smiled proudly at the poochyena. Even though he knew his weapons could only help him so much, he, himself, was poised to strike or evade if the honey-dipped salandit made any sudden moves. Now was time to see what the two of them were made of.

___

Battle Summary:

Erland Mason
Condition: Fine.
- Scanned salandit on pokecard.
- In a defensive posture, circling to cut off the LV. 15 Salandit from the boy; clanging loudly against his shield.
- Requesting Toby's pokemon's aid to double-team the LV. 15 Salandit.
- Prepared for battle.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/261poochyena.png
Baron
Lv. 5
Condition: Fine.
- Used Snarl on both Salandit (SP. ATK = -1)
- Used Howl on himself (ATK = +1)
- Used Taunt on LV. 5 Salandit (Opponent can only use attack moves)

[OOC: It’s a shame neither of those guys are a female.]

--------------------
The Guardian
___

PCR
Other Characters

Fully Evolved Team

| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 06:47 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

[[ +0.7 EXP for you, which means Erland levels up! Baron levels up to 9 and learns no new moves; Bishop levels up to 9 and learns Charge; you also gain egg counts for your egg. Plus I have processed your egg counts, so your last post was egg count 7. I also took 35g from Erland for the Great Ball.]]

After purchasing the Great Ball, Sheila waved Erland on his way, happy to at least gain some small profit from his visit to her shop. She charged the normal price, not wanting to swindle the Guardian even though the extra gold could have been useful, and she watched him walk back in the direction of his mentor and the wigglytuff.

Toby was content to let Erland watch his training with Wiggles; after a snide remark of “Sounds like a good idea” in response to the poochyena’s eagerness to do just about anything other than actual training. “He seems like he’d be good for speed, if you can get him to listen to you,” Toby said as his wigglytuff raced forward, eyeing the distance his own pokemon traveled and remembering how far Baron had gotten. “The stubborn ones are good to train, but you’ll need to be even more stubborn than they are.” It seemed that was the end of his Guardianly advice for the day, as he then focused on his wigglytuff once again, giving Erland a good show as he put his pokemon through its paces.

The relatively peaceful training environment wouldn’t last long, however, as Erland would soon discover as he found himself on his own against two angry-looking salamander pokemon that his pokecard would tell him were salandit, poison- and fire-types. Their unusual typing was matched only by their odd ability of Corrosion, which both pokemon shared - they were able to poison every pokemon, including poison-types.

Whether or not the messenger boy knew this, he definitely saw the pokemon as a threat to his already-poisoned gloom. He shot a desperate look at Erland before muttering a quick “Thank you… thank you so much!” and attempting to flee, cradling his gloom’s poke ball in his hands. The larger salandit eyed the boy for a moment, but Erland’s quick thinking to make a loud and annoying noise distracted it from its prey and alerted it to a new, now-outnumbered human who it could target.

The larger salandit approached, the leaf on its head swaying almost comically as it found its way over to Erland. Not expecting the bright red flash of a new pokemon entering the fray, however, it flinched momentarily, allowing Erland to get a look at the pokemon Toby had lent him.

It stood on two feet, relatively tall, and had a mustache as well as a spoon clasped in its right hand. Before Erland could look up the species in his pokecard, he would hear a voice in his head: “Kadabra, psychic-type. I will listen to your orders.”

What may have seemed unusual to Erland was perfectly normal for the kadabra. This was not his first time in this sort of situation, nor did he think it would be the last. It was a very good way to test a newbie’s capabilities, after all, as well as their treatment of pokemon, without the watchful eyes of a mentor tempering their reactions. The kadabra was eager to observe Toby’s new pupil and see whether he would be able to command him effectively in battle.

The kadabra was not an idiot, however - he would defend himself on his own if the newbie froze or was unable to give him effective commands, and he was perfectly capable of sending out attacks if he was truly in need of doing so. He would wait as long as he could, however, hoping to find some sort of potential in the boy to report back to his handler.

In the meantime, however, he watched as the poochyena snarled at both foes, followed by a howl to boost his own prowess and confidence. The strange butt-wiggling, however, nearly brought a groan from the kadabra as he realized what the boy hadn’t - the pokemon was immune to such taunting maneuvers, and would likely take that as a sign of its own advantage.

The salandit did, in fact, gain a good deal of confidence, laughing loudly at the poochyena’s antics. Its laugh was high-pitched and spooky, and it followed this by kicking sand at the dog pokemon, trying to reduce its visibility. It would then follow that with a move it had used before, although this time, it aimed to poison the poochyena directly. Even if it didn’t, there was always a chance it would step in the poison the smaller salandit had already spat on the ground, even if the dog pokemon avoided the Toxic thrown directly at it.

The larger salandit, however, was far less subtle with its attacks - at least, once its maneuvers were discovered. A sickly-sweet smell emanating through the area was soon discernable as coming from the larger pokemon, and with a hiss, he followed up by sending a powerful attacking move directly at the kadabra. Not wasting time with a simple poisoning, this salandit was determined to take out its foe quickly.

Erland was now facing two foes with two completely different strategies - what was his plan for the two pokemon in his command? Would the boy be able to bring help in time for him to not bear the brunt of the battling, or would Erland seize the opportunity to take charge of the battlefield?

-------------

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/261poochyena.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Level 5
Baron
Effects from previous turn: +1 ATK from Howl
- Hit by Sand Attack (-1 accuracy)
- Hit by Sweet Scent (-1 evasiveness)

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/64kadabra.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Level 16
- Not attacking without orders, but keeping a very close eye on Erland and Baron. Will defend himself if necessary, but taking this as an opportunity to test Erland.
- Hit by Sweet Scent (-1 evasiveness)

Kadabra’s profile

VERSUS

Level 5
Effects from previous turn: -1 SP ATK from Snarl; has Oblivious ability, so was unaffected by Taunt
Egg Moves: Sand Attack and ???
- Aimed a Sand Attack at Baron
- Following up with Toxic

Level 15
Effects from previous turn: -1 SP ATK from Snarl
Egg Moves: ??? and ???
- Distracted from the boy thanks to Erland
- Used Sweet Scent (-1 evasiveness to Baron and kadabra)
- Challenging the kadabra with Venoshock

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Erland Mason
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 10:00 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2284
Joined on 27-August 16.

Characters:
Erland Mason

[Egg count = 8 + 3 from level up = 11; will also be redeeming PCR to hopefully speed up the process. EDIT: Additional level up <level 3 from PCR> gives an additional 3 counts on Totodile egg for a grand total of 14 by the end of this post.]

__

Brief as it may have been, Erland seized the moment that the honey-branded salandit flinched to circle around until he had placed the larger salamander directly in-between he and the kadabra, which he could now see without taking eyes from the target—the creature would have to make a choice in order to attack either one of them and, when it did, it would leave its back open to an attack from the other. Erland, himself, positioned himself within striking distance.

The kadabra’s presence in his mind wasn’t an entirely new experience to him, although it was still far from ‘normal’; other Guardians he had practiced with over the years had had psychic-types before, and he had interacted with them enough to know to respect their abilities, but the real problem was that he had never commanded one in a battle, especially not whilst being amidst the combat himself. Still, he knew that if he let it distract him that he would endanger them both, so he did his best to focus on the battle at hand irrespective of the alien conscience pushing against his own. He nodded, knowing that the kadabra could read his thoughts well enough to know that he understood.

Meanwhile, the smaller salandit struck first with a laugh that sounded like a worn-out squeaker toy and a sand-attack that hit Baron mostly on his rear-end thanks to the style of his ineffective taunt. Only some of the kicked up dirt managed to make it to his face, but it was enough to cause the poochyena to flinch sneezing away the effects of the sand-attack, but taking the toxic fully on his broadside. He yelped as the purple acid made contact with his fur and immediately ate through to his skin as he rolled into the grass in a desperate attempt to wipe off the corrosive bile.

Erland swore. He had no antidote to help the bite pokemon with, not to mention that the salandit’s poison was far more corrosive than the average poison-type considering that it could even poison other poison-types… he would have to end this battle quickly before the toxic could cause serious issues for Baron.

Regardless of whether or not he had been poisoned, though, Baron was not one to be outdone. After he had wiped off as much of the toxic in the grass as he could, he rose with another snarl and charged at the opponent whom had poisoned him with renewed vigor. An image of himself budded off from his body as he did so and became manifest running beside him as he quickly closed the distance to issue payback on the smaller salandit.

Even as the poochyena made his move, the sweet scent from the larger salandit filled the air, alerting Erland to a pending attack. A wry smile crossed the Guardian’s lips when he noticed that the salamander was aiming for the kadabra.

His instructions were hardly more than thoughts, but he was sure to be understood by the alien entity that invaded his mind. He knew that the kadabra’s typing gave it a huge advantage over the poison-types and wanted the psychic to take the incoming attack head-on even as he aimed a psychic attack of his own at the creature. If the salamander protected itself from the first attack, the kadabra was to follow up with another psychic, and again if needed… but. If he successfully dispatched of the larger salandit before the third, or even the second attack, he was to use confusion on the smaller one, and again if the opportunity and need were there. If Baron had been able to avoid the toxic, or if he at least had an antidote, Erland probably would’ve held Toby’s kadabra back a little so he and the poochyena could get in some real practice together, but he had no desire to let the battle drag on needlessly with Baron having been poisoned.

Maybe next time, he thought to himself.

If the battle had concluded by this time, he would return Baron to his pokeball to keep the toxic from causing any severe damage to his pokemon, to which the poochyena would begrudgingly agree to. He was stubborn, but he wasn’t stupid, and the caustic fluid hurt more noticeably when the battle had come to an end. Meanwhile, he looked in the direction of the camp to see if the boy was already on his way, curious if there might be reinforcements on the way. If not, he would take off after Toby, guided by the Senior Guardian’s kadabra. It was getting dark quickly, and Erland knew that there would be safety in numbers if more of the salandit were stalking about. Especially with a poisoned pooch.

__

Battle Summary:

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/261poochyena.png
Baron
Lv. 5
Condition: Badly poisoned; ~93% health after one turn; will have ~76% health at the end of next turn if no other damaging moves hit.
Status: +1 ATK, Speed +50% due to Ability: Quick Feet, Neutral evasiveness (due to double-team), Neutral accuracy (considering the manner with which the sand-attack hit him. Obviously, you are a mod and can override this if you feel it should still apply.)
- Used Snarl again (-1 Sp. ATK on salandit)
- Used Double-Team (+1 evasiveness)
- Used Payback on Lv. 5 Salandit (~238% of the salandit’s health if it hits due to being used after opponent's move; 1HKO)

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/64kadabra.png
Lv. 16
Condition: Took a venoshock straight on; ~79% health; Fine.
- Used Psychic on Lv. 15 Salandit as he was being hit by the venoshock (~231% damage if successful; 1HKO)
- If the first Psychic does NOT hit, will follow it with a second Psychic (~231% damage if successful; 1HKO), then will use Confusion on the Lv. 5 Salandit if Baron has not already KO'd it (~571% damage if successful)
- If the second Psychic does NOT hit, will issue one more Psychic on the Lv. 15 salandit (~231% damage if successful)
- If the first OR second Psychic DOES hit, will use Confusion up to two times on the smaller salandit (~571% damage if successful)

__

Both salandit should have a -2 SP. ATK by the time they have an opportunity to strike.

(OOC: Bye-bye salandit!)

--------------------
The Guardian
___

PCR
Other Characters

Fully Evolved Team

| PM |
^
Astraea
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 12:25 PM
| Quote |

张开双手 变成翅膀
Members
Total Posts: 185
Member No. 2280
Joined on 12-August 16.

Characters:
Adrian Carlisle, Silas Arington, Elena Ayton (Retired)

[ +0.7 EXP, please let me know if you'd like more to work with. ]

---

The smaller Salandit, still cackling from the ineffective display, gained an even more smug expression as its attacks hit successfully. Though the larger Psychic-type was certainly intimidating, the canine and the boy seemed to be very much inexperienced. As long as they avoided the Kadabra, then, this would be an easy victory. The boy wasn't even issuing orders, really, and the Dark-type was weakening by the second from the poison. But of course, the canine was stubborn, trying to intimidate him with another snarl. For a second, the Salandit wondered if perhaps there was more to the pup than met the eye -- but it was too naive, surely.

It rushed straight into a headlong attack, startling the wild Pokemon slightly with its brashness. The Salandit reflexively lashed out with an attack of its own, spraying fire from its jaws in an Ember attack. His reaction was delayed, though, and without proper time to aim, Baron could potentially reduce the damage with a small, agile movement to the side. Regardless, the attack wasn't enough to deter the canine and the Salandit was hit solidly. Flying backward a few feet and having not expected the display of strength, the Salandit darted up a tree and out of sight to lick its wounds.

However, its larger counterpart was much more aggressive and self-assured. It was up against a Psychic-type, sure, but it had confidence in its own abilities. In a battle of the minds, the Kadabra would likely come out on top -- and that was fine with the salamander, who was more used to blunt attacks anyways. In this scenario, however, it didn't seem to work in its favor. Its own attack, while strong and direct, paled in comparison to the psychic's powers. Attempting to stay in close quarters in order to deal more damage didn't work out either -- before the Salandit could deal another attack, the Kadabra had reacted with a powerful Psychic.

The dual-type was sent sprawling, collapsing on the ground and clearly fainted. The Kadabra seemed calm, felt calm, merely glancing back Erland's way for further directions. Now that their opponents had been dealt with, he was curious to see how the new Guardian would react, as well as what his next move would be. The boy had mentioned a pack, so Erland could head out to see if he could find more of the creatures to fight. Toby was also out there, and there were faint sounds of a scuffle, audible now that the Salandit had been dealt with. A third option would be to head back to camp and see what he could do about Baron's injury.

At any rate, it didn't seem like any reinforcements were coming. The camp was short on Guardians in the first place, and Erland didn't exactly have much weight (if any) in the organization. With the Psychic-type and a Senior Guardian on his side, it wasn't like there was much need for extra help anyways. If Erland kept a strong willingness to go and see how Toby was doing, the Kadabra would lead the way, heading in the direction of what sounded like a minor scuffle. He would find Toby guarded by his Wigglytuff while two Salandit circled him threateningly. A third stood a few feet away, watchingw arily.

If Erland chose to delve deeper down the path, however, there were a few rustling bushes down the path that could be investigated. Going off the trail could prove dangerous. As soon as the Guardian stepped foot in the bushes, he would be the target of a Poison Sting ambush by an unseen Pokemon. Going to Toby would mean getting involved in another Salandit fight. The senior Guardian seemed plenty capable of fighting the little creatures off, but Erland could demonstrate his strength by joining in the fight.

If he wanted to be less daring, however, going back to camp to make sure Baron was alright wasn't a bad idea either. The Kadabra watched, quietly assessing whatever action Erland took.

---

Battle Summary:

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/261poochyena.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Baron, Lvl 5
Status: +1 Atk, -1 Acc, +1 Spd, ~50% Health, Badly Poisoned
- Scraped by Ember.

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/64kadabra.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Kadabra, Lvl 16

VS

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/757_zpssy9udffk.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Salandit, Lvl 5
- Fled

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/757_zpssy9udffk.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335252.gif
Salandit, Lvl 15
- Hit by Psychic, KO.

Baron gains 5 EXP for winning a battle against the Lvl 5 Salandit.

---

Toby's Fight

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/40wigglytuff.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/e335251.gif
Lvl 35
- Standing protectively in front of Toby.

VS

Lvl 10
- Aggressively circling Toby.

Lvl 10
- Aggressively circling Toby.

Lvl 10
- Watching warily from a few feet away.

--------------------
Adrian James Carlisle | Freelance Rogue
Profile | Travels | Training | Development | PCR
Thread Tracker | Goals | Dream Team
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Silas Arington | Ex-Assassin Guardian
Profile | Travels | Training | Development
Thread Tracker | Goals | Dream Team
user posted image

Elena Ayton | Retired Handler
Profile | Travels | Training | PCR | Dream Team

user posted image user posted image user posted image
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Fough Place | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (2) 1 2  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.