Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Importation and Naturalization of Foreign Pokemon, Alolan 'mons and Z powers!
Rosalie
 Posted: Dec 26 2016, 07:56 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2321
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1

Her Majesty's Proclamation

As part of the Mage Guild's reparations for the turmoil and bloodshed instigated by their involvement in the Schism, they have spent the last few months devoted by royal decree to importing and naturalising certain highly sought-after species of foreign pokemon from the Island Kingdoms beyond our southern reaches not previously able to survive in our fair but temperate region.

Today, the illusions cast and glamoured upon them are dropped that they may resume their natural aspects among our native species. Handlers are free to capture or hunt these pokemon as if they were native. Notable inclusions of the importation are Rowlet, whose visage and aspect so flatteringly reflect that of our own Harper's Noctowl in kind if not detail, and the tropical bird known as Oricorio, whose type may change upon the handler's or pokemon's whim with the ingestion of nectars derived from flowers of particular colours found in various climes.

Alongside these new pokemon, we bring you also a new kind of magic, accessible to all and sundry: Z-Powers. Handlers in possession of the typical pokecard whose bond with their partners has reached a minimum of Eight and who hold the crystal of a type corresponding to at least one of their pokemon's moves may call upon this magic to enhance their pokemon's strength for a single move. All held crystals then will fade, thereby limiting the use of this enhanced ability to once per battle by suitable arcane means to prevent excessive danger and damage. Guardians of the realm may find these for purchase in carefully kept supply, and civilians may find them either in the market or perhaps the mines.

Be it also known that the regional variants of certain species found solely in the Island Kingdoms may now be legally brought to the region. Those desirous of one such pokemon, however, may avail themselves of the mages' prowess and transmutate their pokemon of applicable species to the "Alolan Form." Take care and be wary of loss of combative techniques, but anticipate the knowledge of new. The transmutation may only ever be applied once. Further attempts at transmutation may result in the death of the pokemon and damage to handler and mage alike.

Ever onwards to our future, by order of Her Majesty Isadora Rhodes.

Summary!
  • Alolan pokemon have been released! This does not include ultrabeasts, Type:Null, or pseudolegendary Tapus.
  • Alolan forms can be received by replying to this topic asking for a mutation to a pokemon's alolan form for free for the next two real-life months
    • After this period, the mages will perform this service for a fee of 750g, purchased in freeforms, travels, dev, or training posts. Beyond that, Alolan forms can be found rarely in the wild with a 1/20 chance after spawn or must be mutated by mages.
  • Z-Crystals can be found in town markets somewhat uncommonly for between 300 and 500g or potentially mined. Guardians will be able to purchase them for 250g for limited types from a Guard-only shop
  • Z-Powers can be used once per battle and require three things:
    • Pokemon's happiness must be at least 8 bars
    • Z Crystal must be held by the pokemon
    • Z Crystal type must match at least one of the pokemon's moves.
  • Oricorio nectars can be purchased for the same price as Evolution Items and from the same shops!

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
Red
 Posted: Dec 27 2016, 09:35 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 60
Member No. 2254
Joined on 8-July 16.

Characters:
Manx Le'Noct

Awards: 1

I would love an alolan mutation for Q (Manx's vulpix). Thank you!

Processed!

--------------------
Manx Le'Noct
| PM |
^
Leon / Wolf
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 05:29 PM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Members
Total Posts: 143
Member No. 2224
Joined on 6-June 16.

Characters:
Leon

Awards: 2

If possible, could I get my Meowth turned into its Alolan form? Please and thank you!

Processed!

--------------------

- ~ * Leon "Wolf" Kaiser" * ~ -

Profile | Travels | PCR | Tracker | Schism Tracker
Training Thread | Development Thread

| PM || Site |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Jan 20 2017, 09:14 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1614
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Awards: 5

Marie's diglett needs a beautiful mane of bright, shining hair! Flight has agreed to process this for me, thanks Flight http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png

Processed.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 04:31 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 781
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

Pushing it close to the cut-off date for this (at least for free), but...I finally made up my mind! I would like Gaea, Kat's Sandshrew, to take on her Alolan form please! Uhm...I believe it ought to be done by admin or head mod, because she was a Shoppe Pokemon? Or am I wrong with that? (going by koro's Diglett's change)

<span class="korosensei">I've got this... and truth be told I had asked Flight to do it because I peppered them with questions before about how the moveset would work so I wanted to see the process to the end http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png

Processed!</span>

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Harper Tribune | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.