Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Help with aptitudes, Not sure what they should be called.
Mindir
 Posted: Sep 15 2017, 12:17 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 765
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:
Jonna Shipston, Brenda Shiell, Yngve Tessel

Awards: 5

Hi, I'm more or less done with a new character, but I have a bit of trouble with the aptitudes. I know what I want them to do, but I don't know what would describe them best.

I'd like for Gry to be good at putting a perfomance together and to what works and can woo or impress and audience in such situation, getting the idea and planning it, the choreography perhaps?
I'm not sure what to call it, what would describe it the best, she is more a backstage than a performer herself, though she can do some basic tricks if needed.
More a contest, showing off kind of things, than a theater performance.

The other one would be the making and using of the basic bodypaint that I also did some of the GF. (it's mostly there to be able to hide Fay's coloration if necessary, making it look like she is just painted like the others), I have mentioned the ingrediens in the application (charcoal, chalk, ocher and such mixed with water), and the painting is more making symbols, circles and such on them. Or painting bigger areas of the pokemon a color.

Not sure what to call either of them.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help narrowing it down to something that would fit http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/1.png

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
rosawork
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 01:46 PM
| Quote |

Unregistered

Guests
Total Posts: N/A
Member No. N/A
Joined on --.

Characters:

Heya min. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/3.png The first would probably be most closely called crowdworking -- the latter with the paints and so forth could possible go under 'visual arts' and specify it like so: Visual Arts: Cosmetic i think!
^
Mindir
 Posted: Sep 19 2017, 04:04 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 765
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:
Jonna Shipston, Brenda Shiell, Yngve Tessel

Awards: 5

Crowdworking? I'd never thought it would fit into that. Is it because I talked about knowing how to woo an audience?
So the part of coming up with the thing itself, is more up to me, and if it works on the audience, or the one she is trying to distract or hesitate to attack or whatever she could be trying to use it for, other than a streetperformance, is the crowdworking part then?

The second make sense I think, thanks.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 01:25 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2310
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1

It is indeed! Crowdworking would be a lot about knowing how to woo a crowd or audience, how to manipulate or influence them or capture their attention or divert it, essentially anything that really falls under the broad category of 'influencing medium to large collections of people, especially strangers and in public places,' so yes, that's absolutely the kind of thing that would be the crowdworking part. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/1.png

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Support | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || Fast Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.