Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 90
Ml: 45 - Fml: 44 - Oth: 1
OR - 13 | R - 16 | H - 40 | G - 21

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Summer

The onset of the Summer season has led to a swarming of Fire-, Electric-, and Bug-types, overtaking most populations in the Region. In their place, Water- and Grass-types have retreated to the shade and to cooler areas, while Ice-types have all but vanished. The rising temperatures has also led to the annual thaw of the infamously cold Istin City, though it remains the coldest.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Rohesia Clements's Travels, Redwhelp
Flight
 Posted: Jun 13 2016, 08:58 PM
| Quote |

Chaos Eater
Admin
Total Posts: 908
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:
Seung Han, Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Iuchra Nic Longáin

Awards: 2

{ Welcome back to Harper! You know the drill. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png }

Prologue/RP Sample

Spring; clear skies, light breeze, fair weather.

The day that Rohesia left her home was sunny and warm, with a light cool breeze that tumbled through, thanks to the near-by seas. The skies were a brilliant light blue, with slow drifting clouds on the distant horizon - signs of a fair day to come, no doubt. It was a good heralding for her departure.

There were plenty of ways that she could start the day off, as close to the city as she was. She could move for the heart of Marchton, seeking out the Job Board; or, if she thought otherwise, linger around a central square or near the Gates of the city for gossip or news of a caravan that was looking to hire. She could strike out onto the roads by herself, joining the lone handlers that chose to walk the Route to their destinations. There were also places near-by - a small nook of a garden near their home, unoccupied and quiet, was one immediately in view - to release the pokemon that her parents had given her in order to establish a working relationship.

There were also small trinket-stands down the street Rohesia found herself on, selling wooden carvings and good-luck charms for those traveling that people were stopping to look at. One blanket spread out on the ground seemed to be particularly popular, though from what Rohesia could glean from the openings between bodies of the crowd the seller seemed to be a young girl and her sentret companion. The former couldn't be older than thirteen, though she had a truly impressive display of wooden-charms and bead-and-feather adornments. Perhaps she - or one of the two other charmwrights that had set up business in this Marchton street - had something she was looking for; perhaps not.

Any thinking the handler might be doing was interrupted by a noise. Someone, somewhere, was raising their voice, tension snapping underneath the frigidly polite tone. Sailor-speak followed it, gruff but not seeking conflict. If Rohesia looked, she'd find the source: a black-haired lady outfitted in dusty-brown, hair worn in a topknot and what looked to be a truly impressive claw-mark scar on her right cheek. Her hands were at her hips, though she turned away from the small group of sailors she'd approached with a dark mutter and an almost-cordial wave good-bye. Some yards away, her annoyed "Kids! Always wandering off on something or the other," could still be heard.

Regardless, the weather looked to be fair for the rest of the day, and she had the road open to her. Rohesia was free to do as she wished.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Iuchra
profile & travels
-
please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR
| PM |
^
Redwhelp
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 09:13 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 41
Member No. 2173
Joined on 23-January 16.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: None

Rohesia breathed deep, enjoying the faint tang of salt on the air. Even as far inland as Marchton City proper she could still just faintly smell the ocean. As always, the bustle of the city was invigorating and just a little overwhelming after her long days on the farm, but she knew she had to be efficient with both her time and her money.

All of that, of course, went out the window when she stepped into the Pokemon Shoppe that the handlers' guild ran. When she left, she had spent virtually all of her money but had gained pokeballs from friends and a fish with a pearl piercing her fin. It was no bad thing. After that, she had gone to the square and struck up conversations with those vendors she knew in passing, and through them found contacts who were looking to be rid of a few pokemon themselves. Her luck was in, and she added a remoraid with its own pearl to her roster as well as a buizel that she had been warned really hated someone she'd never even heard of. She'd never met a pokemon she couldn't eventually talk around, though, and the mention of a pelt of unusually dark coloration caught in interest at once.

Perhaps she should have spent the gold on travelling rations and supplies, but she had her hardbread and dried meat and fish and fruits and knew how to forage.

That left her with a distinct need to refill her purse. Raised voices drew her attention, but at the sight of the woman and the sailors, she decided they were better off kept to themselves -- sailors rarely had pay after a few days in shore and she had had the run of the town herself on occasion as a child and come to no harm. The kid would turn up, she reasoned, and anyone with so imposing a scar likely had their own share of trouble. She planted her staff and peeked into her bag, quickly taking stock. Water types -- water types everywhere. She itched for some sort of balance, but also for space to explore what she had already acquired.

She decided swiftly. The first thing she would do would be to walk her ancestors' lands and learn what they had offered to her people since time unimaginable. She would need no money on the route, and she very much desired to gather what herbs she knew from her mother and father's basic medicines and work with the goldeen to try and develop a tonic for her breeding pokemon to induce heat. Yes. That would be ideal. She headed directly for the edge of town, intending to travel first towards the west, to skirt Miramossa, and to perhaps see the mountains and their icy city before the jungles of Dedrius. No doubt she would be able to find something worthy of sale on her way, but if she didn't, by the time she had reached the next city there would still be work. There was always work for those who looked, especially with the current conflict.

She drew from her bag a deceptively delicate looking flute of spun-and-blown glass. Yes, she'd soon find out what lived on this route.

--------------------
R o h e s i a
Pokemon Breeder and Budding Naturalist

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image.user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Profile. Travels. Tracker. Journal. Intros.

( Avvie by Mackay! & Branson is here. )
| PM |
^
Carnivale
 Posted: Jul 16 2016, 12:02 AM
| Quote |

Peace and safety, friend.
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 2105
Member No. 456
Joined on 22-July 12.

Characters:
Carmen Caldwell, Lahi Sharandi, Gilen Bassett

{ 0.7 for you, my dear Rosalie. Hello darkness my old friend, we are back at it again... }

The White Flute's magic seemed designed to transform whatever sound coming into it to exit as beautiful, clear notes that grew wings and took to the air. No matter the melody Rohesia chose to express with the instrument, or even just a random selection of notes blown at odd intervals, her ears soon filled with it, and it echoed, sweetly, into her surroundings.

A minute passed, then two, then three...

And a sweet aroma hit Rohesia's nostrils.

Indeed, the flute had done its magic. Route Three near Marchton was a not-quite-sparse-yet expanse of low hills and the hint of trees towards the north, but still not far enough from the sea that the tang of salt could be avoided, so really, Roh stood on the near-perfect crossroad to attract a little bit of everything...ostensibly. Just as she lifted her head, she could see a strange tannish-white creature shuffling towards her from the direction of the forest, followed in kind by a few flowers that seemed to drift. The buzz of rapid wing beats warned of a scyther or at least something flying-type, and more bugs and a wandering oddish who, bizarrely enough, headed up to Roh from the direction of the sea. Well, it was spring.

What the flute did not advertise attracting, however, was people. And there was no other way to describe the brown-haired, mousy little figure that emerged from the northern direction. "WAIT!" it cried out, desperately, in the voice of a little girl, stumbled with a squeak, then hopped up again before Rohesia could even think to go help it - her. Short legs hampered by a prettier but dustier skirt than a child wandering about on Route Three ought to wear moved fast as they could, trying to catch up with the sweet-smelling dog-like thing that had come zooming towards Roh. "WAIT, SID!"

Too late. The dog had arrived. It bound up to Rohesia, tongue lolling out - a most peculiar thing, really, one that smelled and had the texture of the fabled "cotton candy" confection some Carsen shops had begun to boast back in Marchton City - and made a full circle around her feet as though trying to find out what it was about her that had made that sound to draw him here. After a moment his ears perked, and he sat down and cooed at the glass flute in her hands.

The little girl, by this point, had reached them. She gathered her definitely expensive skirts in one hand and, pale face bright red with exertion and pigtails in wild disarray from her haste, said indignantly, "Sid! I ordered you to stop! Did you not hear?"

Although she looked no older than nine, the cultured tone of the girl's voice was unmistakable, especially not when she turned and glared up at Rohesia with all the indignation of a highborn slighted. "And you! Who and what are you, to dare play that witchcraft so as to draw my pokemon away?!"

and as she speaks, they creep up...

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/53-Swirlix_zps022c0c45.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
- Apparently belongs to the girl, very fascinated with Roh

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/123scyther.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
- Coming out of the woods, hanging back...though looking more like she's going up towards the girl. A guardian?

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/43oddish.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
- Headed over from the direction of the sea

--------------------
PCR
Gilen Bassett
Profile --- Travels
|-|-|-|-|-|-|
Lahi Sharandi
Profile --- Travels
|-|-|-|-|-|-|
Carmen Caldwell
Profile ---- Travels
-
user posted image user posted image user posted image
| PM || Email |
^
Redwhelp
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 02:48 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2173
Joined on 23-January 16.

Characters:
N/A

[ Flame Body in the party.
Starter egg: 1+2= 3
Togedemaru egg: 0+2= 2
Abra egg: 4+2= 6 ]

She lowered the flute carefully to her lap, conscious of the relative delicacy of the glass. The pokemon shuffling over to her as quickly as its stubby legs would carry it wasn't one she recognized -- which was saying something, given her family's tendency to take in and raise such a wide variety of pokemon. And the smell, so like a candy shop... Her brows shot up in surprise when the little girl appeared. She hadn't, for whatever reason, expected the flute to work on pokemon who were already captured (not that the logic there made much sense in hindsight).

Too late for that, though. She pulled the flute out of the path of the the... dog and put a hand around its plush-soft fur to both give it a rub on the head and prevent it from running off while the little girl caught up. She showed it the flute, carefully, to keep it occupied, and raised her voice to shout a greeting to the little girl as she caught up. "Don't worry, lass, I've got him! He just wanted to find the music from this flute, I think. I didn't think it would attract pokemon who already had owners."

And then Rohesia very abruptly was reminded of exactly why she did not like wealthy people. Or their children. Especially their children. Her smile at the scrambling child soured and replaced itself with a far more serious 'I am the Adult here and that is not appropriate' face that in the past had worked equally well on small siblings and small pokemon. She straightened her spine but did not release the puff of a pokemon who seemed entirely disinclined to return to her while his ears were being scratched and he had a flute to sniff (for the moment).

"My name is Rohesia, and were I your pokemon, I would certainly prefer the sound of a flute to a tone like that," she drew on the most proper manners she could remember learning from her elder siblings and parents, her tone one of stern chastisement, "A young lady shouldn't go around making accusations of things she does not understand. I'll thank you for an apology, and immediately." She raised a brow and gave her just a moment's pause to reply before talking over her or over the silcence, but not waiting on the answer. "As for your pokemon, if I were your mother I would be ashamed to hear you speaking to him like that. He's not a servant and not your plaything. If he wants to come back to you, I'm not stopping him. I'm here to train and to sketch wild pokemon in the area. What's your business being outside of the city alone in such frilly skirts?"

Her gaze did not leave the child's for a moment during the exchange, and she did not deign to stand, but rather would continue to stroke the pokemon who had come up almost into her lap until it left, if it left. She was conscious of her staff on the ground beside her and the pokeballs within easy reach on her belt, Gwennel's carved one easy to distinguish in her hand and the pokemon herself mere instants away should that scyther in the distance decide to attack. Most of all, though, she was conscious of the young girl in front of her who seemed to be in dire need of some kind of discipline. Whoever her parents were.

--------------------
R o h e s i a

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

| PM |
^
Flight
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 09:47 PM
| Quote |

Chaos Eater
Admin
Total Posts: 908
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:
Seung Han, Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Iuchra Nic Longáin

Awards: 2

{ 0.7 EXP for you, Rosalie! }

The girl, to her credit, did not quail in the face of Rohesia's displeasure. Instead of flinching away like another girl would have, perhaps, she straightened her spine and looked down at the woman instead, in a manner that looked as if it had been copied from someone. "You are not my mother and you are not my pokemon," she said, and said it coldly. "You have no right to be addressing me so! Why, you-"

Whir. A beat of wings and the harder-drifting wind than the one that wound through the low hills of Route Three. The scyther had arrived.

It landed with near-perfect silence, between Rohesia and the girl herself; its gaze was narrowed, though it held its sharp scythe-arms well away from both humans. The puff-dog looked up at its arrival, did a double-take, then licked Rohesia's hand once and bounded out from beneath her touch. It leapt just as fast toward the scyther, who scratched it carefully with a tip of a sharp-edged arm and the chagrinned look of someone who was overworked.

The girl huffed again and turned to the scyther. "Sasha, did you hear? This- this self-proclaimed trainer played that thing and called Sid away from me-"

A scyther could not cough, not really, but it - she, according to the name - did make a low-humming noise in the back of her throat. The girl drew herself back, skirts still gathered in one hand, and - did not turn more red, but huffed.

The excitement with the girl and her scyther had disguised the oddish's arrival. It wandered up to Rohesia now, all curiosity and interest instead of hostility, its leaves unfurled to make up for the sunlight that it would usually gain while planted during the day.

"Come on, Sid, Sasha, we're leaving." Still dusty, still straight-spined, the girl drew herself up in preparation to leave. Sid, the sweet-smelling dog, made a whining sound high in the back of its throat. The scyther, Sasha, looked long-suffering. "Well, what are you waiting for? Come on!"

Apparently the girl had forgotten any and all questions that Rohesia had asked, and was already four paces gone, marching ahead. Sid bounded after her, tongue lolling, but Sasha darted forward with wings rarely used by her kind and placed herself between the girl and the direction she had come from.

From the angle, Rohesia would not be able to see the girl's expression, but she'd be able to hear her tone just fine: "What do you mean, no? We were busy, Sasha, and - okay, it was not something that Maria would have approved of but she's not my mother, either, she won't ever be my mother-"

The oddish stilled near Rohesia, growing sleepy in the morning sun, its nocturnal cycle winning out over its curiosity for the flute that had drawn it here. It would stay, and sleep, while Rohesia conversed or sketched as she wished.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Iuchra
profile & travels
-
please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR
| PM |
^
Redwhelp
 Posted: May 25 2017, 11:22 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2173
Joined on 23-January 16.

Characters:
N/A

[ Flame Body in the party
Starter Egg: 3+2 = 5
Togedemaru Egg: 2+2 = 4
Abra Egg: 6+2 = 8

Rolling right along on these eggs! I can't wait for the togedemaru omg]

Rohesia shook her head at the girl as the group left, and spared a sympathetic look for the put-upon scyther as they went. Not her business, not her concern. Rather, she eyed the oddish that was settling down to sleep nearby. Nothing special, that, but it was better to be complete than to skip something and presume to know it. Her journals with their beautiful bindings came out, followed by a bit of charcoal, a swanna quill, and a pot of powdered ink pigment into whose cap she tapped a little of the ink powder and spat to bring it to life.

In the first notebook, she sketched the grass type, sleeping in the sun. The veins on the broad leaves, the way they spread and stretched out uncurled for the light, the strange textures of the pokemon's body not unlike a potato or a radish from the farm, but covered in hairs, infinitely fine -- no. She looked closer. Not hairs, really, but something more like the finest plant roots that drank up the water in their herb pots. Hair or short fur from a distance, but she would bet they would be cool and moist, absorbing moisture from the air and soil...

Notes were taken, quickly and precisely, in the other book with the quill. She measured off her sketch with her thumb and the charcoal nub she carried, estimated the distance, estimated its size. Near to what she thought of as average, around here. Its leaves were like water plants more than land plants, with fewer rather than greater numbers of veins running through them, but had a unique structure that seemed almost like muscle at their base and undersides. The feet were, of course, more akin to tightly rolled and knotted clumps of roots than conventional 'feet' in structure. No doubt those wormed their way through the soil normally when it planted itself.

She finished quietly, dusted her ink with some grit from the earth in lieu of sand, and carefully closed the cover on her charcoal sketches. She had forgotten to bring fixative. Something to buy in the next town. But the day was still young, and she had no doubt there would be more to see. She quietly got up, setting an oran berry near the sleeping grass type, and shouldered her pack before moving on down the road until she judged far enough away to avoid waking the little oddish or interfering with it further.

She unclipped the warm ball at her waist and released the catch. Evin landed on her front hooves first as though in mid jump, and kicked, stretching her legs as she frolicked in a tight circle around Rohesia, who could feel the heat of her flames from where she stood.

"Easy there, whoa girl. I can't keep up with you that way, you being such a swift and strong young thing and me just a human girl." She offered her hand for the ponyta to come and sniff, heat scorching her skin as she did so. "Now there's a girl... I'd love to run with you, did you know that?"

Evin snorted on her fingers and shook out her mane curiously, turning her head to look at Rohesia better.

"To do that, though, you'd have to let me ride... which means you can't go burning me to a crisp, hey? Let's say you show me how well you can tame those flames on your back down to embers or down to nothing at all. We can run as fast as you like -- once I can safely ride you. How's the sound of that to your ears?"

The ponyta was stronger than the majority of her acquisitions, but Rohesia knew farm pokemon knew pokemon from the ranch. The fastest way she knew to the fire horse's heart was to indulge her own nature and desire to run and range. Putting its fires out might not be easy, but then it looked old enough to have more control than a babe might. Perhaps this would go better than expected, and she would be lucky enough to take Evin for a short bareback ride and begin to get the pokemon accustomed to her weight. Not far, just a few hundred yards down the road or less, perhaps.

She pointedly did not think about the fires coming back under her while she was on its back. Pokemon were more likely to trust you, and to respond well, if you didn't let them see all of your misgivings or fears.

--------------------
R o h e s i a

| PM |
^
Astraea
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 06:48 PM
| Quote |

张开双手 变成翅膀
Moderators
Total Posts: 152
Member No. 2280
Joined on 12-August 16.

Characters:
Adrian Carlisle, Silas Arington, Elena Ayton (Retired)

[ +0.7 EXP. ]

---

The little Oddish was left in peace, still gently snoozing next to the Oran Berry. Its leaves rustled slightly, sensing the change in temperature and air current around it, but as there was no immediate danger, it quickly fell asleep once more. Rohesia would be free to move without the Grass-type's interference and was left in peace as she released Evin. The Ponyta, however eager and energetic she seemed to be, was, as Rohesia had noted, still technically a farm Pokemon, and she didn't lack experience in this field. Still, going about riding the wrong way could definitely be dangerous.

Though Evin had seen many of her species saddle broken and ridden before, she had never truly been broken in and lacked basic training. The Ponyta managed to control her flames relatively well -- her seniority helped with that, though it wasn't completely under control. Like most things, keeping that fundamental part of oneself extinguished would take some work. The small bursts of sparks that exploded out of her control wouldn't be extreme enough to cause more than a few painful pinches against Rohesia's skin, however. For the most part, the girl would be able to get on just fine.

Staying on, however, would be the hard part. However much self-control Evin had, it wasn't easy for the Ponyta to just stand there as an overwhelming weight crashed into her back. Being a prey animal, the sensation was far too close to the feeling of being grabbed and pinned by a predator, and she lashed out instinctively. Evin's back caved and curled, tucking powerful haunches and hind legs beneath her as she balanced on her front hooves and slammed out, body position almost perpendicular to the ground. Rohesia, if she was prepared enough, might just barely be able to hold on with strong thigh muscles and calves. If not, she'd unceremoniously be tossed over Evin's head as the Ponyta panicked.

Even if Rohesia managed to stay on, however, the Ponyta would land on her hind legs and go suddenly into a rear instead. With nowhere to hold onto, the handler would only be able to roll like a sack of potatoes to the ground. Satisfied that she was left free, Evin would trot a few feet off -- well-trained enough to stay near her handler, but panicked enough that she wasn't thinking quite rationally. The filly's ears were pinned in clear displeasure, nervously swaying from side to side as the whites of her eyes flashed, trying to take everything around her in.

Eventually, she'd calm down enough to not scuttle away every time Rohesia tried to approach her, and she gently headbutted the handler's chest in apology.

"Well now, that was quite a show," came a guffaw from behind them. A middle-aged man approached them nonchalantly. His outfit indicated him as nothing special -- probably just another middle-classer searching for work in the prosperous port city. Still, he seemed to have taken an interest in Rohesia and Evin's interaction. "Is this Ponyta yours, girl?" he questioned curiously as he came over. He gave them some semblance of personal space, not invading close enough to cause Evin to panic again, but enough to command their attention.

What would be Rohesia's reaction? If she was swift and polite about it, it would be decently easy to excuse herself from the man and find another more private place for her and Evin to continue. But perhaps this would be a good opportunity to take advantage of as well -- and of course, she could always just leave this entire fiasco behind and head towards the job board instead.

--------------------
Adrian James Carlisle | Freelance Rogue
Profile | Travels | Training | Development | PCR
Thread Tracker | Goals | Dream Team
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Elena Ayton | Retired Handler
Profile | Travels | Training | PCR | Dream Team

| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Marchton City | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.