Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Emilie Chartoire's Travels, Korosensei
Arty
 Posted: Jul 11 2016, 12:08 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Total Posts: 414
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:
Artemis Froste, Tybalt Cromwell, Cadence Mansel

Awards: 3

Welcome (back) to Harper, Koro!

You know the drill. Keep an egg count at the top of each post, PM someone if you wish to know the egg's primary typing, reply in the Update Request for an update, etc. Have fun!

RP Sample/Prologue

...and true to the Councilwoman's word, Emilie didn't have to wait long for the woman that Dunn mentioned to return. From the same door the girl had came through, another person entered dressed in the Dedrius Guardian uniform. Warm, bronze-colored skin peeked from under the metal of her armor. Short cut, black hair laid on the top of her head. A few longer pieces fell down onto her forehead. Steely gray eyes stood out against the darker color of her hair and skin.

"This is Junie. She oversees our local amour storage and will provide you with starting equipment. Please follow her and she will direct on where to go from there. Congratulations, Emilie, and good luck." With that, the Councilwoman nodded toward Junie, who wave a small salute before turning and walking toward the door.

The Guardian assumed the new greenhorn would be following her and if not, well that was her problem. Junie would offer up no conversation to Emilie as they walked down a couple hallways, past a few windows that offered nothing to indicate their exact location in the complex. The walk itself was rather boring as they headed toward a room that had a Guardian stationed by the door. Junie nodded toward him as he pulled the door to allow them both into the room.

"Just a standard set of armor? No special requests? Sleeveless or something like that?" she asked as she began her search through the storage room.

Random pieces of metal protection lined the walls and sections of the room. Nothing seemed to have a specific place nor organizational pattern. It seemed like chaos to the untrained eye but Junie walked to each area of the room with purpose. She didn't have to search around for what she was looking for. Instead the guardian pulled pieces of armor for Emilie from the piles without any effort. Once she had gathered all the parts, she padded over to the greenhorn and aided her in adorning the new armor. Junie smiled, satisfied with her work.

"My work is done. Now, off to see the Captain for your mission. Out that door and it will be the only other room on this section of hallway. Tell the guard at the door you are reporting for mission assignment and they will let you in. Don't delay nor wander off. Dismissed, greenhorn." Junie turned to focus her attention on her job. Emilie was now free to make her way to the Captain's room.

Once Emilie was in the Captain's room, she would be greeted by a man that seemed to embody the city of Dedrius. His salt-and-peppered hair laid upon skin that had seen many days out in the sun. A sharp jawline was hidden behind a thick beard. With a grunt, the Captain would eye Emilie before searching through the papers on his desk.

"First mission, huh greenhorn? Well, let's give you a mission fit to get you acquainted with the Guard." The Captain whistled and the door to his office opened quickly. A tall male with deep brown hair and eyes appeared. He saluted the Captain before another grunt let his hand drop back to normal. "Meet your partner, greenhorn. Ashton, this will be your newbie. Here's the mission. Dismissed." The Captain handed the Ashton a folded piece of paper before turning back to his work. Ashton ushered Emilie out the door with a smile.

"Welcome to the Guard. I'm Ashton. So, we should probably get familiar before we start. Tell me about yourself."

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 06:16 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Total Posts: 1594
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Awards: 5

[[OOC: Thanks for the great start, Arty! Also used one rare candy on Karma the kecleon in this post; she learns Bind.]]

Starter Egg: 1, Sneasel Egg: 1, Wailmer Egg: 3 just runnin a daycare over here

If she was going to do this thing, she was going to do it right. She obediently followed Junie through the hallways without trying to make conversation, and when she was asked about any armor requests, she shook her head no. She didn’t want to stand out at all, and even something as simple as sleeveless armor might be a mistake. So she would take the standard armor, the same armor Alexander wore, well. She could just see his face.

She would have to consider every one of her motions quite carefully. She was considered a new person, a greenhorn as they called her, and she couldn’t show any of her experience. Perhaps some with the dagger might be acceptable, but she shouldn’t try to come up with any plans at first, especially ones that involved sneaking. And she should make sure to vocalize a hatred for the Order, especially at first…

Before long, she was on her own in the hallway. Junie had told her – rather abruptly, enough so that it made Emilie laugh when she pictured how she had once thought all Guardians were goody-goodies who loved hugs and would spend days with new recruits just being nice – not to dawdle. But she needed to learn about the pokemon in her care, and not just the one Councilwoman Dunn was overly pleased to hand to her a few minutes before.

Trictess Blackwell had slipped her a pokemon as well. Emilie had assumed this pokemon would be related to how she would be able to communicate with the Order, although she likely wouldn’t have to make any reports for a little while considering she still had to earn the Guardians’ trust. Not that they distrusted her per se, but she was still too new to be privy to the sorts of details Trictess Blackwell probably wanted. Wincing, she hoped it wasn’t a psychic-type. She hated psychic-types.

She walked along the hallway, trying to look like she was finding the captain’s room. If she was asked, she could always just say she was lost and assume the same excitable yet naïve demeanor she had used before. As she walked, she dug through her bag to find the older poke ball. It had a few scratches on it, and it was clearly occupied based on its warmth. Emilie pressed the button only to be greeted with a pokemon species she had seen before. Emilie recognized the kecleon who held a note in her tongue, pressing the slobbery piece of parchment up to where Emilie could see. As soon as she discharged her duty, the small green pokemon licked Emilie’s knee, leaving a streak on her shiny new armor.

Her name is Karma. She’s young but reliable. As you see here, she carries messages well. Rumor even tells that she used to belong to the man you kissed.

Now Emilie knew the kecleon had to have an interesting story – beyond her little quirk of licking people’s knees, she was quite possibly a capable battler raised by the Guardians who could lend her some credibility. The one thing she didn’t understand was how Trictess Blackwell could have gotten a pokemon of Alexander’s… well, that was a question for another time, but she would never underestimate Blackwell’s wiles.

“Hello, Karma,” she said softly, and the kecleon looked up. Now that she had delivered the note, she clearly expected some kind of reward. She pawed at Emilie before licking her again, then stared up at her with wide, happy eyes. “Just this once,” Emilie said as she unwrapped a rare candy from her new bag and tossed it at the kecleon. Karma’s long sticky tongue reached out and grabbed it as soon as Emilie threw it – “Good aim,” she commented, hoping to work more on this when she had the opportunity.

But now came the real test. She could pretend that she had the kecleon from the time before, that an imaginary relative gave it to her, but she couldn’t make any kind of excuse to not use the pokemon Councilwoman Dunn had given her. She had to give it a try and hope this whole thing wasn’t a trap, an excuse for a savage pokemon to rip her face off in the middle of the hallway.

That would get stains on the wood, she thought, trying to calm herself down. The new poke ball felt warm as well, and there were no indications of what was inside. The surface was smooth – no claw marks or bite marks, no scorches… She would just have to take a chance. When she pressed the button in the center of the ball, a red light emerged, which Emilie was prepared for – she just wasn’t ready for the green light coming a moment later. A small green light blinked a few times before the red light of the poke ball disappeared, and when the red light faded, she saw…

What the hell is that thing?! she thought, frantically pulling out her newly registered pokecard to take a look at it. She pointed the pokecard at the pokemon who was now hovering in the air, its large green eyes staring at her. It was disconcerting that the eyes had no pupils. Maybe he’s a flying type, she thought. She craned her neck, trying to find its wings. When she couldn’t, she prayed… Please be a flying type… Before she could even get any information from the pokecard, though, she heard a voice pop into her head to answer her question.

“Hi.”

Great. The thing talked.

“My name is Clark,” the pokemon said politely, but Emilie’s heart was racing too fast to even notice how it didn’t seem to be attacking her yet. The pokecard not only confirmed her suspicions that the pokemon was a psychic-type, but it was an elgyem, something she had never heard of before – and after reading the description, she wished she could go back in time and keep it that way.

Both elgyem and its evolution are known to be able to manipulate memories… watch for maintained eye contact… a few deaths have occurred due to the process… exceedingly rare. Emilie sent a quick look in the thing’s direction, only to find that it was still looking at her. “Can you not do that?”

“Not do what?”

“Stop staring at me, okay?” she snapped. The thing at least listened to her and turned slightly away, although she could still see its hands flashing randomly colored lights. But then the thought occurred to her that even if eye contact was required for manipulation, the thing might still be able to read her mind. And if it could do that, it might see that she had sworn allegiance to Trictess Blackwell already, and was attempting to bring down the Guardians from the inside… Was the creature a spy, sent to see if she had these sorts of issues? She closed off her head immediately, trying to think of anything but her time with the Order.

“Are you all right?” the thing asked after a few moments of watching her struggle with herself.

“What does it matter to you?” she grunted.

“You are my new handler.” Was that a slight tone of concern she heard in his voice?

She was about to bite back with another sarcastic response before she remembered that she had to be nice to this thing, no matter what it was. She had been so excitable when she spoke with Councilwoman Dunn; to change so much so quickly would look suspicious. But how could she be around this pokemon without wondering every moment if he was a spy just as she was? What if he was there to spy on her?

She would have to set some boundaries, and clear ones, before she went anywhere. “If we’re going to be working together, I need to know you won’t be in my head every second. Let me know if you’re poking around in there. And no controlling me, are we clear? I’m ditching you if you try it even once.” That came out slightly harsher than she had originally intended, but the idea of a pokemon controlling her was too much for her to handle. She was antsy around regular psychic-types, but this species made her even more uncomfortable.

The elgyem looked at her briefly and nodded. “I’ll try,” he said, and although those words weren’t immediately comforting to Emilie, the elgyem intended them not as a threat but as a sincere desire. He had never had a handler before, and he knew it was as big a responsibility for him as it was for her. He would do the absolute best he could, even if that meant curbing some of his initial excitement about getting a handler to ensure she was comfortable.

He drifted next to her as she started to walk again, although he noticed she sped up whenever he got too close. He tried to stay slightly farther behind, although he did need to go where she was going. Even if she didn’t like it, they were a team now.

When she entered the room, she bowed politely to the captain, and waited for him to give her a mission. Once again, she was called a greenhorn, and once again, she had to remember to not bite back. To the Guardians, she was a new recruit, and this meant she had no right to say anything at all about the names anyone chose to call her. She kept smiling, no matter what she felt on the inside, but secretly she was relieved when he passed her off to someone who greeted her with a welcome and a name.

Of course, though, he asked her about herself. She was prepared for this to some extent – she had two days to think of a backstory, after all – but she was still shaken enough from meeting the thing that she wasn’t as eloquent as she’d hoped.

“My name is Emilie Chartoire. I’m from Doran Village, I came here when my sister Calliope got married. I used to live with her since our parents died, but I didn’t want to move in when she and Mark were starting out their new life together. I wanted to find a place with a forest I could explore, so I came here,” she said, hoping that made enough sense. She could answer questions about these parts of her imagined life as well, but at the moment she needed to explain a bit more about her traveling companions. Specifically, the one who was drifting closer and closer until she could feel his breath on her ear…!

She hoped the small squeak of surprise wasn’t audible as she continued. “This is my new partner, Councilwoman Dunn gave him to me for my journey. His name is Clark,” she said belatedly when she remembered that he had in fact told her a name. He grinned as she said his name for the first time, instead of thinking of him as a ‘thing,’ but the young woman failed to notice this as she continued to explain. “I have another pokemon too, a gift from my sister. She’s just a baby, she hatched from an egg not too long ago, but I want to keep her as a memento of my family. She’s a kecleon,” she concluded. Hopefully this Ashton wouldn’t know anything about Karma belonging to Alexander, but she had thought of an excuse for that as well. “My sister’s husband is a trader, and he found Karma when she was really little. I left not too long after, and she was my farewell gift. May I bring her along on the mission?” There was no harm in asking, especially since she wanted to seem polite.

After Ashton finished asking her more details about her story, she would ask him, “What kind of mission are we working on today? I’ll do my best to help you as much as possible. I’ll try not to hold you back,” she said with a smile. It was hard maintaining the smile considering Clark’s presence so close to her ear – even now, he could be breaking the rules and reading her mind – but she would have to make do for now. Guardians were trusting to a fault, after all, and she was now one. All she could do was trust in Ashton – and in Clark – that they were not her enemies. For now, at least.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Jul 18 2016, 09:37 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7 EXP [if I could give you more I would http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png] Let's get this rolling!

-1 Rare Candy from Emilie and Karma updated)

Ashton was pleasantly surprised when Emilie offered up more information that he had intended to get. It was as if she wanted to make sure everything was perfectly clear and nothing was as if it was hidden. He smiled at her enthusiasm. Seeing a greenhorn with this much energy was a nice change of pace for him. Actually seeing a Guardian in general with this much energy was a much welcome sight. The Guardian ran a hand through his hair.

"Well if you are going to offer that much information, I might as well offer you the same. My name is Ashton Grumsly. I was born in Istin City. I moved around the region as a Handler before deciding to settler here away from my strict, traditional family. That was when I began to work as a Guardian."

He let off a soft snicker when Emilie's partner gave her a start. It seems she wasn't quite used to the creature yet. But in all honesty, neither was Ashton. He hadn't seen anything like this Pokemon before, even in all his traveling. It was a little off-putting..was it a psychic type? Ashton couldn't quite be sure. "Of course you can bring along the Kecleon. Any Pokemon you have are welcome to accompany as they are your team. A Guardian must learn to function and function well with whatever their team may be."

Ashton had more than enough information as his greenhorn. No more was needed and Emilie's question about their mission turned the conversation away from themselves and onto the task at hand. "Don't think that way. A greenhorn does not hold a senior Guardian back." It occurred to Ashton at that moment that he didn't know what the mission was at all. The senior Guardian unfolded the piece of paper and smirked as he read it. He pocketed the mission in his own bag, making sure Emilie couldn't see it. Ashton cleared his throat before speaking. "We are to make sure a vigilante group that has formed in Dedrius stays quiet and doesn't disturb anyone. It should be relatively easy, considering this group hasn't shown any signs of activity recently. Let's begin with a general patrol of the city, shall we?" If Emilie paid attention to Ashton, she would be able to tell that something wasn't right about the male right now. Something just seemed off after reading that mission. If she noticed anything, it might be wise not to say anything.

As long as Emilie didn't disagree for any reason, Ashton would lead them down the hallways and out the door into the sunlight. It shone brightly overhead as it normally did in the summertime for this area. Ashton considered it a beautiful day, one where he wished he didn't work as a Guardian and could just sit under a tree and enjoy it. He sighed in contentment and stopped. "We will patrol the borders first to ensure the group is not active." Ashton began to walk toward the closest edge of the town. If Emilie had any questions about the mission now would be the time to ask, while they walked around the edge of the town.

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 11:59 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Starter Egg: 2 + 2 (PCR) = 4, Sneasel Egg: 2 + 2 (PCR) = 4, Wailmer Egg: 4

Emilie was pleased when Ashton introduced himself, also giving her more information about himself. He seemed like a reasonable fellow, and his departure from his "strict, traditional" family made her think that he might be one of those Guardians willing to do anything to succeed in a mission. That was a good kind of person for her to work with - and if he liked when she was open and enthusiastic, she would keep that act up. It would be good to get someone here to like her.

Even though she didn't want to admit it, the one who she truly had to get to like her was Clark. The psychic-type was capable of reading her mind, perhaps even without her noticing. Just the fact that he was nearby made her antsy, and she nearly jumped when she felt him almost touch her shoulder. "I'm sorry. I've never been around a pokemon like Clark before," she said in what she hoped was an innocent tone that didn't divulge how nervous she was feeling. "Do you have any ideas for me in terms of getting to know him better?" Working hard on this relationship was the last thing she wanted to do, but if she didn't, he could betray her in a moment. She had to at least try.

Thankfully, though, she could take Karma with her. The kecleon was in her ball for now, just in case Ashton heard of Alexander's kecleon before, so she would release her during a battle or something where Ashton wouldn't be paying attention to her name or why she was there. "Thanks, she's a bit energetic though, I might want to wait a bit before I bring her out in case our mission requires subtlety." Thankfully, she caught herself before she used the word "stealth."

She took this opportunity to ask about the mission, and it seemed to be quite an unusual one. Even if Ashton said it was easy, she had no doubt it would be harder than he thought. Viligante groups were excellent at hiding and then pouncing when their foes least expected it, and if ths one was any good, they would be laying low for a while and planning an ambush. If she and Ashton weren't careful, she could get caught in a mess like that with only two young pokemon to help her out. "Do you know anything about the group? Do they have a purpose, or are they just messing around?" This could give her an indication of how good they were, and how nervous she should be. Or if she should try to ... a shudder ran down her body as she even thought of using Clark to read other people's minds.

Ashton started to walk towards the exit, and Emilie followed him, but she couldn't help noticing that there was something different about him. It wasn't something a new Guardian would notice, so she would have to keep it to herself, but he just seemed nervous about somethign in a way that belied his easygoing demeanor. The way he moved after he read the parchment - and the fact that he never allowed her to even take a look, when he had been so welcoming before - made her just a bit suspicious. She was no Alexander Fitzgerald, she wouldn't jump on him about this right away, but she would file this information away in her mind. It might be useful for later, whether she could use it to create a deeper bond with him or blackmail him to gain a more secure position. She wouldn't rule out either option.

When they got outside, she raised a hand to shield her eyes until they could get more used to the sun. Clark floated alongside her, and she briefly wondered if she should recall him before she decided it wasn't a new Guardian's role to decide what their pokemon did. "Do you think Clark should come with us now, or stay in his poke ball for a while?" she asked as they headed to the borders of the city. It was so unusual looking at Dedrius with this new perspective, walking unafraid alongside a Guardian, yet at home in the shadows all the same.

As they walked, Emilie would keep her eyes out for anything she knew from her Order days to be a clue to the location of the vigilante group. She would look for scratch marks on buildings, pokemon loitering in odd places for seemingly no reason, papers fluttering in the slight breeze. She would also keep an eye out for pokemon in general - the species' rarity could indicate handlers rather than wilds, and a pokemon could usually be followed back to its handler.

But she wouldn't say any of this. It would be too risky. For now, she simply had to pretend she knew nothing, and take her cues from Ashton. That was her role now - greenhorn - and she would have to perform it admirably in order to make it through this first pass through the city.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 1 2016, 11:20 AM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7 EXP! Feel free to sneak getting Zero's egg in your next post as we have already discussed.)

"Psychic-types are rather interesting Pokemon, which I am assuming he is. They require a stronger bond than most. I would think of Clark more like a person in some ways. On your own time, I would just talk to Clark and let him get to know you. Ask him questions. Let him ask you questions. That's my suggestion," Ashton said with a shrug. His words were confident and held some truth. He was no stranger to psychic types, having many. many encounters with one. The Guardian wouldn't say that unless prodded, but Emilie could try if she wished. "It won't be easy, that's for sure."

Ashton just nodded at the comment about Kecleon being energetic. Most young Pokemon have more energy than they know what to do with. Emilie had the right idea to keep her put up to avoid drawing more attention than their armor already did. He proceeded to tell her about the mission and listen to anything she would have to say.

"Before the Schism, they were active. They made shows of power in any way they could: burning houses, stealing Pokeballs and subsequently destroying them, released Pokemon on farms and ranches, even lynching people and leaving them in the streets to be found the next morning. We don't know a purpose yet, but they aren't just playing around. Recently, they have gone dormant. We don't know if that is because of the Schism, or if they are gone for good." Ashton explained to Emilie as they walked. This group was nothing to sneeze at. They had strength from what Ashton was saying, and should be taken seriously in his mind.

Once outside, Emilie asked a rather strange question to the senior Guardian. Ashton gave a small laugh and shrugged his shoulders. "If you would like. Clark might enjoy being out, though he also might like to return to his ball to rest. That's your call. Why not ask him yourself." Ashton walked a little farther, allowing the duo a some room and time. He knew that a psychic type could be strange to interact with the first few times. Emilie would have to get used to that herself.

After that was settled, the duo headed toward the border. Ashton looked around his focus on something different than Emilie's. He was looking for the signs that he had seen before. The marks on the sides of buildings to mark the groups intention of burning them. Shards of Pokeballs in the debris on the ground. As they passed by a group of structures, Ashton told Emilie he would return in a few moments leaving the greenhorn by herself for a little bit.

The Guardian did return after a few long moments, like he said he would. Ashton gave a gentle sigh. "It was nothing. I thought I saw something." With that, he began walking again. They walked for a while before something interesting finally happened.

"I need a Guardian, please! This is important." A old woman run up to them, calling this out over and over again. She stopped in front of them, doubling over to caught her breathe. "It's about that group of people. The one that used to do terrible things to the city." Ashton knew exactly what she was talking about. He looked toward Emilie with a mix of concern and curiosity. He hoped she knew what this woman was talking about as well.

"This just got more interesting."

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 1 2016, 04:04 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Starter Egg: 5 + 9 (3 level ups) = 14, Sneasel Egg: 5 + 9 (3 level ups) = 14, Wailmer Egg: 5 + 9 (3 level ups) = 14, Fossil Egg: 1 + 4 (egg counts from popper, already applied) + 9 (3 level ups) = 14
Adding SIX COUNTS to each egg from the new rule about Festival freeform posts counting for ¼ egg count each, up to 12 per thread. These posts are: First three from Two in the Bush, first two from A Day in Battleville, first three from Fuel to the Fire, first one from The Trickiest Type of All, first three from First Mark, first two from Got a Reputation?, and first ten from Roguish Tricks! Twenty-four divided by four is six, and the counts apply to all eggs according to Carni.
TL;DR: All four eggs have 20 counts! http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/28.png

-------------

Emilie listened to Ashton's advice, but she wasn't so sure about talking to Clark just yet. She had too much to lose, and this was a challenge she hadn't expected on her first day. She still suspected, in a way, that someone knew about her and gave her Clark to make her subterfuge easily visible to every other Guardian in the area, but so far, that hadn't happened. All that had happened was an introduction to her mission and some slightly shifty behavior from the one who was supposed to be her mentor for this mission.

She would still follow him, though. She had to look like a good little Guardian, and if Ashton was doing something suspicious on the side and not quite as good at hiding it as he thought, she could easily testify against him. Clark could even draw some things from his memory if she needed to make him, although she was hesitant to order the elgyem to do this to anybody who wasn't a direct threat to her life. And he wasn't, so far. He didn't know. So she would play along with him.

She was the picture of courteousness as she followed him outside. She hadn't heard of this specific group; she thought she probably would have heard of it if they were affiliated with the Order, but then again, Rosalyn Blackwell was a wily person who could easily dandle her allegiance to multiple groups and set them against each other. She was hoping for a name, but even after his lengthy explanation, he didn't provide any specific information. He could just as easily have been describing the Order of the Masque, although the Order tended to be more subtle. This group sounded more volatile than Emilie was used to, which was not necessarily more dangerous, but dangerous in a different way. Her tactics might not work against this group - but this was good, considering she wasn't supposed to know anything or have any opinions whatsoever.

When they left the building, she asked him about Clark - and, in true Guardian fashion, he told her to consult the elgyem himself. That was exactly what she had been trying to avoid, but she supposed she had no choice now. She would have to talk to him. It took her several moments to build up the courage. "Clark?" She hated how legitimate the fear in her voice was. She was a spy for the Order, not some nincompoop afraid of her own shadow!

He answered right away. "Yes, Emilie?"

Her name sounded weird on his tongue. She didn't want him to speak. It felt like her brain was itching somewhere she could never scratch. "Do you want to come along with us outside of your ball, or do you want to take a rest in your ball?"

The elgyem thought for a moment. "I would like to travel with you. I have been in my ball for a long time," he said with just a bit of sarcasm in his voice. Emilie wondered if he was reading her mind and sensing how she very much wanted him to choose the other option. Nevertheless, he had spoken, and she would have to have him out and with her. She hoped no one would point and stare at the pokemon that was apparently quite rare. He seemed to be oblivious to any concerns, though, humming slightly and blinking his lights as he drifted alongside Emilie's careful footsteps.

Ashton looked around as they walked, searching for cues only he could understand. Emilie tried to stay a step behind him, following his gaze as it shifted. She didn't understand everything she saw, but she noticed Ashton did pay more attention to certain marks or pieces of rubbish on the ground. At one point, Ashton told Emilie he was going to go for a few minutes and leave her alone. She hesitated, nearly asking him if she could tag along, before she thought he must either be doing some shady business he didn't want her to see or preparing for an ambush for her if he knew her true allegiance. Either way, she wanted to know what he was doing and where he was going.

"Clark." She hated having to use the elgyem like this, but he was the only weapon in her arsenal at the moment.

She felt the tickling in her mind an instant before she heard his voice. "Yes?"

"Are we safe?" She couldn't start by asking him to follow Ashton, no, that would make her look too suspicious. A bit of fear, though, especially for a greenhorn, wouldn't be out of place.

The elgyem concentrated for a moment. "I sense no threats to your well-being, Emilie," he said, noticing the human cringed again when he said her name. Then he noticed a strange feeling in his psychic sense, an unusual presence he hadn't felt before. "Someone incoming from the northwest," he whispered into Emilie's mind before he abruptly shut the connection.

What should she do? Emilie reached her hand down to the daggers on her belt, but she barely had time to lift one out before the person was right in front of her. It was a woman, she thought, but she couldn't be sure. The stranger spoke no words, and their armor was nice enough that Emilie was clued in to the person's immense wealth. A single gloved hand reached into a bag hung at the person's waist next to a full belt of poke balls. The bag bulged in a circular shape.

"What do you want?" Emilie asked. The stranger never answered, only placed the bag in Emilie's hands. The bag was cold, and when she fumbled to put it on the ground, she felt it move. Tearing open the drawstring, she found a single egg inside. Cold temperature radiated from the egg enough to make her hands feel frostbitten. She hastily stuffed it back in the bag. She looked up from the egg, only to find the stranger gone.

"Who was that?" Emilie whispered to Clark. She was hardly sure the encounter had occurred, but the cold egg she now placed in her pocket was an unforgettable reminder. Who could this stranger be? And why did they want to give her a cold pokemon egg that was starting to wiggle? From what she knew about eggs - and granted, this wasn't much - she thought it might be getting close to hatching.

Ashton rounded the corner then, and she patted her pocket once to make sure the egg was secure before she asked him where he'd been. He gave a noncommittal answer and they kept walking. She was just beginning to think of some questions a greenhorn might ask that would get her closer to the information she sought, but she didn't have much time. A young woman ran up, out of breath, screaming for Guardians. When she reached them she doubled over, and quickly revealed that this had something to do with the group - still nameless, but perhaps this woman could give them some more information.

She tried to play the part of the kind, caring Guardian. "Are you hurt? Are your pokemon hurt?" she would ask first, figuring that was a Guardian-like thing to say, then she would continue: "Can you tell me everything you saw? And who you saw as well? The more information you give us, the more we can help you." For a moment she wished she had Alexander there with her, he knew how to ask proper questions, but she wasn't an idiot and she'd figure it out. She did need something to start with, though, so for now she would wait to see what the woman could give her.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 8 2016, 12:37 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7 EXP! So let's get this massive post of fun rolling http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png Forgive the length, but it was needed! You will have time to bond with them shortly. Don't worry.)

"Very good, Emilie." Ashton said quietly, praising the new greenhorn for her initiative to jump to asking this mysterious woman questions. He gave a very light and gentle pat to her shoulder that was almost like a phantom's touch. It could have happened or maybe it didn't. The woman's head shot up at the string of words thrown at her.

"Let a woman caught her breath, will ya?" she said gruffly. Ashton huffed. So this was the way she would act toward a pair of Guardians, a greenhorn here or not. The older woman took a few deep intakes of air before straightening up. She placed a hand on her lower back, reminding the senior of a pregnant lady. He stiffled a small, relatively unheard snicker at the thought of that. He cleared his throat before continuing the actions he was supposed to take as a Guardian.

"Ma'am, I believe my young partner asked you some questions. That will help us assist you but we do need an answer." She waved him off as her strength was being to return.

"I'm trying. I'm just not as healthy as I used to be. Aye, I'm fine and my Pokemon are as well. But some eggs of mine might not be if we don't hurry. I'm not sure that Handler can take care of this by herself. I can explain more once we get there," she said, pointing off in the direction she had just came from. Ashton turned to Emilie and gave a small smile.

"Ready?" Whether or not she said yes, Ashton ushered the woman to show the duo where the trouble was. With a very vocalized sigh, she took off running with Ashton close behind her. He expected Emilie to follow of course.

As the trio neared the area, then silhouette of a person standing between another person and a lumpy pile of something could be seen. It didn't make much sense until they got closer. A strikingly beautiful (even from a distance) woman stood with her sword drawn, fending off the advances of a man with a set of dual daggers. Behind her was a clutch of three eggs which must have been the ones the woman was talking about. With one finally thrust, the Handler caught the would-be thief's side with her blade and sent him retreating toward where he had came from.

Ashton couldn't tell where he was headed as he ducked into a crowd of people and disappeared into the mass. He groaned at that before looking back to the scene at hand. There would definitely be a story behind this. "Thank ya, lass. I don't think my eggs would have came out in one piece had you not been here to help."

"What happened here?"

"Aye, I did say I would tell ya. When I went my on my eggs earlier --I raise eggs that other handlers have abandoned and give them to handlers that will take care of them-- I saw some were moved. So, I kept an eye on them and that will bugger showed up to try and make off with the eggs." She pointed off into the direction the mysterious thief ran. "He was using his Pokemon to help, though I didn't get a good look at them. But I gave chase, yelling for him to stop. He remarked that the Black Forrest Phantoms would make Dedruis take them seriously again. Then, she showed up and told me she would take care of him and I was to go for the Guards. Now, I haven't heard of a group called that in my years...but it has to be that group that caused so much trouble before." Ashton nodded as he listened, showing that he was keeping up with the series of events. It was kind of incredible but still believable to him.

"And you are?" The handler began to answer but was cut off as the other woman began to "oo" at Emilie's bag.

"I know that glow! I would know it anywhere. You have an egg. Well, let's see it!" the Egg-lady said. Ashton gave her a look that read You didn't tell me about an egg? or something to that effect. If Emilie didn't put the egg onto herself, the Egg-lady would do it for her. The egg wiggled before cracking and eventually revealing a baby Sneasel. She looked around, eyes already taking in everything that she could. Everything was new but she knew she could use these things to help her out.

The egg-lady was even more excited when her little clutch of eggs began to hatch as well. The three shook and wiggled, giving off the same small glow as that of the Sneasel egg. From them revealed a rather misfit group but one the Egg-lady was very excited to see: a Wailmer, an Amaura, and an Ekans.

The newly hatched Ekans curled up in reaction to the overwhelming new world it was hatched into. Too much was going on for the Ekans to be able to take it all in. The ancient, but still baby, Amaura tried to take a few steps but wound up tripping over its own feet. It toppled over before wobbly standing back up. The Wailmer, on the other hand, tried to move around but only ended up simply rolling onto its back. The Egg-lady clapped her hands excitedly before producing three Pokeballs from a bag that was still hidden on her person. One after another she tapped the newly hatched Pokemon and safely tucked them into the device.

"Each of you take one!" Both Ashton and the Handler turned the woman down, leaving Emilie with four new Pokemon, the Ekans floating off into storage since it was the last tossed into her hands. This was interesting. The Egg-lady thanked the mystery handler before disappearing with a smile.

"And who are you?" Ashton asked, giving Emilie a look that read We can talk about those after this. It wasn't in an angered manner, more of an amused fashion as Ashton had a smile on his face.

"Levia de Marchant. Handler at your service." She gave a slight bow. Her plain cloths and boots shifted none with her movements. Her cooper hair was tied back loosely with a length of leather. Her hazel eyes smiled at the Guardians. Ashton nodded toward Emilie.

"I have some questions for you, but I will allow my partner to ask her own first."

---
Congratulations! You had four eggs hatch. Since we already discussed the details of these eggs, I will update your profile shortly with the information that I know.

For transparency, the RNG decided that Koro was allowed to pick the egg moves of the Wailmer, Amaura and the Ekans. Everything else was randomized. The Sneasel was bought from a player and therefore he could choose it all. He PMed me a list of choices should the RNG say he can pick those to make it easier on me.

What I need to know is the egg moves you would like for the Ekans.
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/23ekans.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
Intimidate and Unnerve

Emilie also receives 4 EXP from this. Emilie levels up to level 5 (1.9/5)!
Clark grows to level 16 and learns Psybeam. Clark also ears a bar of Happiness from another 5 levels with Emilie.
Karma grows to level 12 and learns no new moves.
Zero grows to level 3 and learns no new moves.
Littlefoot grows to level 3 and learns no new moves.
Wailmer grows to level 3 and learns no new moves.
Mica grows to level 7 and learns Vine Whip.

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 9 2016, 02:28 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Emilie smiled slightly at Ashton's praise, and she noticed how he patted her shoulder slightly. So she had done the right thing by not thinking too deeply into the situation. She needed to just act. No thinking.

The woman did the same, quickly heading back in the direction where she came from. Emilie followed, not needing Ashton's instructions. A clutch of eggs was an unusual find in the middle of the city, and she wondered what the story was behind the eggs. Did it have something to do with the egg in the small bag dangling by her hip? Somehow the egg felt a bit warmer, although it was still cold to the touch, she noticed as it bounced against her leg as she ran.

An odd scene soon graced Emilie's eyes. A young woman - a rather pretty young woman, she noticed - was fighting against a rogue, and with a blow to his side, she made him retreat from a small thatched nest where three eggs sat. Curious, Emilie looked closer at the eggs. One was obviously larger, and looked like it had a sheen of sweat on it. Another was rather plain-looking, but as Emilie knew, looks could be deceiving. The last one looked rather boring as well until she saw its surface had an unusual texture, almost like a boulder. It was hard to believe this final one was an egg...

She popped back into the conversation in time to listen about what the eggs were doing there. Who would give up eggs, she wondered? Her mind first went to the mysterious stranger who gave her the egg in her small bag not so long ago, but perhaps there were more concrete reasons for these eggs here. The rocky one looked heavy and rough, perhaps uncomfortable to hold, and the large one was likely slippery due to the droplets of water gathering on the surface. There seemed to be more droplets as the seconds passed, although that could easily be a trick of the eye...

She paid particular interest to the name Black Forrest Phantoms, but before she could ask any questions about the group, she felt an odd shaking sensation as a bright light glowed from inside the small bag the stranger had given her. The Egg-lady nearly pounced on Emilie, but the "former" rogue had quick reflexes and soon had the shaking egg in her hands. It now felt like an eerie combination of warm and cold as the light got brighter and finally forced Emilie to shut her eyes.

"Snease?" a small voice said, questioning perhaps, but still bearing a certain measure of strength. Emilie looked down at the pokemon in her arms and had to resist the urge to squeeze it tight. A sneasel! Finally, a pokemon she actually wanted and was hoping for, something that could counter Clark if he got a bit too handsy, and a good guard against other invasive psychics.

"Hello, sneasel. Welcome to the world. I'm your handler, Emilie," she said as she tapped a poke ball against the pokemon's hide, noticing it was now cold again. Or rather, she, Emilie could tell from the tiny ear-feather. She had seen others of this species before, and wondered if it was one of those who had produced this egg. But who would just give her a pokemon she sincerely wanted? It was so strange.

She released the sneasel again, wanting to hold her again. The sneasel shifted around slightly in her handler's arms, looking around and finally noticing the other eggs. "It's not your litter, or at least I don't think it is." A hungry look passed through the sneasel's eyes, and Emilie grinned. After hatching, this pokemon seemed ready to go - which meant she needed a name. "Your name is Zero," she said in a flash of inspiration. There would be time for explanation later, but she had no doubt the sneasel would live up to her new name.

The newly named Zero settled in Emilie's arms as the other eggs began to hatch, perhaps inspired by her own prowess. She already considered herself older and wiser than these new eggs, and as they began to emerge from their shells, she kept a close eye on them.

Emilie didn't recognize any of the newer hatchlings, nor did she grasp the unusual nature of the little amaura who was struggling to reach his feet. He took one step, then two, before promptly tripping over his new feet. Emilie crouched down, aware that she had to be as interested in these eggs as she had been in her own for the sake of politeness, and chuckled when the pokemon leaned its head towards her from the ground. "Look at his little feet, isn't he adorable," she cooed.

"Maur?" the amaura said, tentatively nuzzling Emilie. Although she didn't know that this friendly behavior was a sign of amaura having lived in a time when predators were scarce, she didn't mind its gesture at all. In fact, she found it endearing.

"You are sweet, my friend - and who are you?" she said, turning to the next pokemon to catch her eye. It was a water-type, and based on its size, it likely came from the largest egg. The wailmer tried to hop over to Emilie as well, only to fall on its face. "We've got a clumsy bunch today," Emilie said, reaching out a hand to touch the wailmer. She enjoyed the sensation of a water pokemon. It reminded her of Squirt, and the memory was almost enough to make her stop what she was doing. She looked up at Ashton. "Do you know anything about these pokemon?"

She looked around for the third, which she recognized as an ekans, but the snake seemed to want its own company. Overwhelmed by too many things happening at once, she withdrew into a coil, and didn't seem to mind the incoming poke ball at all. Neither did the wailmer, who had a goofy grin on her face, but the amaura shied away slightly before Emilie coaxed him forward to nuzzle the ball like he had nuzzled her hand earlier.

As soon as the Egg-lady had all three eggs secured, she offered one to each of the assembled people. Emilie nearly gasped. "Thank you," she said with sincere gratitude. She didn't have to fake it this time. But which one did she want? The water-type was familiar, something she had raised before, but that also included the danger of being too good at raising a water-type. The ekans intrigued her as well; she had met several who performed admirably in battle and always managed to sneak into the tightest spots. But with a small smile she decided she would ask for the little one who tripped on his feet.

When Ashton refused his, she thought he was being polite. When the handler refused hers, Emilie couldn't believe her luck as three poke balls tumbled into her hands, disturbing the sneasel's easy resting place. "Oh, I - I can't thank you enough! I'll treat them well, I promise!" As a final way to show this before the Egg-lady departed, she came up with names for the pokemon on the spot. "I'll call the water-type Tiny," she said, mostly for the irony that it came from the largest egg. "I don't know about ekans, I need to meet her properly, but I'll leave her in storage for now so she can get her bearings." She held out her hand with the ekans' poke ball, and waited for an abra to come and take it away. She concluded, "The last one... he'll be Littlefoot."

She tapped Littlefoot's ball against her thigh and the amaura came out again, still unsteady on his feet. "This little guy needs some practice walking, I think. Tiny will need a - " She paused, mentally kicking herself for nearly saying "Lugia's Pearl." She knew of this item from her time with Squirt, but she still had to pretend to be ignorant about these matters. "Tiny needs a way to get around on land. Is there a way I can help her do that?"

The Egg-lady departed then, and Ashton asked about the handler's identity while Emilie reached her hand down to pat the amaura. Within a few moments of petting, she felt like her hand was about to fall off, and she breathed hot air on it as surreptitiously as possible when Levia introduced herself and Ashton told her it was once again her turn to ask questions.

"I'd like to know how you came to help out the Egg-lady. Were you in the area?" she said, then stopped herself from giving the woman an excuse. Levia would have to speak for herself. "And how did you get the thief to flee, especially if he was using pokemon? Did you have to battle him?" She looked around, trying to find signs of a pokemon battle such as cracked bricks or scorched ground. "I'm also kind of curious why you didn't want any of the eggs," she added as an afterthought. It might not be relevant to the investigation at hand, but she wanted to assuage her curiosity.

Clark hovered beside her as the sneasel clawed its way up to her shoulder. Zero gave Clark a look, sizing him up, and then hissed softly, "Well hello there..."

-------------

[[OOC: Just a few quick notes - thanks again for hatching the eggs, it means a lot to me! Emilie has Clark, Zero, and Littlefoot out at the moment, in case it wasn't clear in the update. Tiny also doesn't have the Lugia's Pearl ICly even though I processed it in my inventory; feel free to add that in whenever you think it makes sense. Also, figured out what was confusing me - the Egg-lady was "young" in the first post she entered and then "older"]]

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 15 2016, 06:47 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7 EXP! Ahh..my fingers got ahead of my brain. Will fix that soon so its consistent, and it will be old. Also, the Lugia's Pearl being referred to here is the one in Emilie's inventory already. And the plot thickens!)

Ashton nodded toward two of the new hatchlings in respond to Emilie's question about his knowledge on the different Pokemon. "A bit. I've heard of that one." He pointed to the Amaura, who was tripping over his own feet. "That, my greenhorn, is an ancient Pokemon normally resurrected from a fossil. To see one hatch from an egg, well that is very incredible. The other two... I know bare minimum about. The water-type is normally found in the seas and the Ekans is relatively common place." He shrugged, his knowledge of the three creatures extended.

Ashton watched with an amused smiled on his face. He didn't realize that Emilie would be this happy around the new Pokemon, as her and Clark didn't interact in this way. Nevertheless, he didn't bring it up as the senior was enjoying this new side of her. Kinda of flustered in a sense by the chaos of all of the eggs hatching at once. When she turned and inquired about an item for Tiny, the Guardian was more than willing to dig around in his bag before pulling out an object that many knew about but few owned. He held up the item and smirked at Emilie. "I know just the item actually. This is a Lugia's Pearl, given to me as a gift but I have no need for it. But I think Tiny might." Ashton held the item out for Emilie to take.

They got settled and then turned their attention toward the handler. The woman nodded at Emilie after her questions. "Yes, I was in the area since I live in this city. I was actually just getting back in from a recent travel. And the old woman...she was very much mistaken. There were no Pokemon being used. He had an accomplice..a very short one that she must have thought was a Pokemon. They fled once putting the eggs down back here, which is all I know about that. To answer you about the egg, I have a full enough team as is. I don't need another mouth to feed," she said. Levia would give Emilie a moment to respond before looking toward Ashton.

"And what would you like to know?" She cocked her head to the side, waiting for the senior Guardian to respond.

"What else can you tell me about the group she mentioned: the Black Forest Phantoms?" Levia gave a small huff-laugh mixture.

"That the man that was here is certainly from the group," she scoffed. Ashton perked up at that. His eyes narrowed at that comment.

"And how would you know that with such certainty?" the male Guardian asked. Levia smirked.

"I'm a handler. I take whatever jobs I can get for income. Let's just say they aren't also the most honest in the eyes of the law and maybe some of them involved that group." She gave a shrug. "Or maybe not."

"Were you or weren't you involved with that group on paid jobs?" Ashton asked, with a deadly seriousness. Levia shrugged again.

"It seems to have slipped by mind, but I'm sure my memory can be refreshed," she said with her hand outstretched. Ashton muttered sometime about the Guardian not going to compensate him for this before dropping some gold into her hand. She gave a false, clearly fake, yawn at him. The male grumbled more while adding more gold. "It seems my memory has cleared up! Yes, I was paid to give aid to that group. But what does that matter to you?"

"Don't move." He placed a hand on Emilie's shoulder and ushered her out of earshot of Levia, who shrugged and began counting the coins she had just been gifted. "It seems we may have an invaluable piece of intel here in the form of that woman. I don't trust her completely but the Guard certainly cannot know that she was worked on the wrong side of the law. She would be jailed before we could get any more information from her." He paused for a moment before biting the edge of his lip. "I think if she is being truthful she can be used as a source to get us inside...literally. With the aid of another Guardian, we could infiltrate their hideout.I know it is a bit risky for a first mission. What are your thoughts on that? Any idea of what we could do to get her to agree to something like that?"

There would be no way to tell what Ashton had in mind, though it could be assumed that he did. Emilie would need to think carefully before giving any ideas as it seemed the senior Guardian would be more than eager to do something very risky at this point. But, if the greenhorn thought she could handle something more intense than simple patrol duty she was free to suggest whatever she would like.

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 10:19 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Emilie listened to Ashton carefully, but nearly dropped the baby sneasel when she heard about the pokemon who had charmed her earlier. He was a fossil?! Emilie studied him carefully, trying to see if she could find any ancient features about him, but all she ended up discovering was that the eggshells from his egg felt rather solid and rocky, and if it hadn't been in a clutch of eggs, she wouldn't have known it was an egg at all. She nodded to the descriptions about the wailmer and ekans; she knew the poison-type well enough from her work with the Order, and she had trained a water-type before.

Thankfully, she didn't accidentally blurt out this fact, or the knowledge that most water-types needed a Lugia's Pearl to stay afloat on land. She couldn't hide her shock, however, when Ashton pulled one out of his bag and gave it to her. "Oh - I can't thank you enough," she said, slipping into her girly persona easily. She thought of bringing Tiny out to give her the item, but the conversation soon changed, and it was now Levia's turn to answer her questions.

She answered all of them, although Emilie was still confused about some things. She trusted the egg-lady, especially considering how kind she had been to not rescind her offer after the other two handlers had refused a newborn pokemon. She was inclined to trust the egg-lady, but now Levia was saying she had lied about a major part of the battle, whether or not pokemon were involved. Emilie kept looking around, trying to find indications of a battle, and at the same time wondering how Levia had chased the thief away without a battle. The cut she inflicted on him hadn't looked lethal, at least from where Emilie was standing, so why had he fled the scene?

As Ashton took over the interrogation, Emilie had to admit she was surprised that Levia not only knew who the stranger was, but also that he was in the Black Forest Phantoms! Her mind filled with questions. Why were they fighting? What did the man want with the eggs? Why did Levia not want an egg, especially the rare one that had hatched into a living piece of history? It took a great deal of self-control to keep her mouth shut, especially when Levia "forgot" whether she had assisted the Black Forest Phantoms on a mission or two.

Emilie had to fight the impulse to sigh when Ashton was forced to give the handler gold, and then more gold, to make her talk. Levia might have looks, but she had no class, Emilie thought. Levia took to counting the coins as Ashton instructed her not to move, and then pulled Emilie aside. The sneasel in her arms shifted, and Littlefoot followed after the pair. Clark drifted somewhat slower, trying to poke into Levia's mind and potentially get some useful information he could pass on to Emilie. If he could prove himself on the mission, all the better...

Ashton had an idea Emilie wouldn't have expected to have come from a Guardian. He wanted to use Levia to get into the group, a tactic which Emilie had thought was generally a behavior limited to Order rogues. She smirked. Life as a Guardian was more interesting than she had thought - and now it was time to consider her first real challenge.

As a first step, Emilie considered the woman standing in front of her. Levia was beautiful, but aside from that, Emilie didn’t know much about her. In her role as an Order rogue, Emilie would try to get as much information as possible before working with someone, but she doubted Levia would appreciate an impromptu interrogation, even a friendly-sounding one.

She next mulled over Ashton's words. Ashton seemed willing to go beyond the bounds of a typical Guardian, even potentially going so far as to lie about Levia to the other Guardians. Now this was interesting. She hadn’t been wrong about his shady behavior earlier – but this only made her realize how careful she would have to be. Several suggestions bounced around her head, but which could she say? Levia had shown no interest in Littlefoot, and without any other information, she would have to play it stupid.

Ugh. She hated to do this, but she couldn’t think of another suggestion to make that wouldn’t be it blatantly obvious she wasn’t a greenhorn. And she needed to be a greenhorn for now. If she was going to infiltrate this group, she would inevitably show her skills in some way. Whether she was too quiet at sneaking around, too good at pretending to be a rogue, or any of a million other small things. And she wasn’t on a mission with a newbie Guardian; Ashton seemed to be a senior as well. Plus the way he had acted before made her think he wasn’t necessarily what he seemed, and this might make him even likelier to pick up on any possible rogue-like behaviors of hers that he could exploit to take the spotlight off of himself…

“I’m sorry, Ashton. All I can think of is gold, at the moment. I don’t know too much about her, and if she’s not interested in a pokemon as rare as Littlefoot, I don’t know what else we might be able to promise her. She doesn’t seem interested in Guardian favor, either… I’m sorry,” she reiterated, hoping to come across as the perfect mix of trying and not trying too hard. “I’m definitely in, though. I want to help however I can.”

She hoped Ashton would take this opportunity to give her some more instruction. And truth be told, she was curious to see how a Guardian would deal with someone who was obviously so shady. Would Ashton even trust her? As a rogue, she wouldn’t trust Levia farther than she could throw her, at least not without knowing who she worked for, but that was likely not how Guardians did things with their virtue and all. She would just have to wait and find out, and hope her little experiment worked.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 07:55 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7 EXP)

Clark could poke Levia's mind as much as he wanted, but very little useful information would turn up from it. He would find images of the handler working with the group in the past and getting paid for her efforts in return. But he would find nothing else to be able to report to Emilie as an aid. Though the cause of the little psychic type being unable to produce more from the woman was still a mystery. Whether it be from Levia having encountered a psychic before or she just knew how to resist the intrusion from Clark, the Elgyem wouldn't be certain enough to tell Emilie should he choose to relay the information he had been able to gather.

With Emilie's suggestion and totally commitment, Ashton nodded and turned back toward Levia. "Well, here it goes. I think I have an enticing offer if gold is her trigger. It will drawn my funds but this would be worth it," he said as he walked back over toward the mysterious handler. Levia's eyes shifted from stashing the coins in her purse to the Guardian duo. "Well, I have a few more questions."

She shrugged. "Ask away. I've already answered your other inquiries."

"Do you still have contacts in the Black Forest Phantoms?" Her attention was rattled as she went from uninterested to rapt focus.

"I'm sure I have one or two that would take a request if I gave a valid reason." She narrowed her eyes, something churning in them that Ashton wasn't able to decipher.

"Would you be able to get us, plus another Guardian, into their central encampment? We want to be able to take it out from the inside." She scoffed and crossed her arms.

"After running one of them off today, that might be a bit more difficult than you would expect. Plus, I don't see a reason to risk my life for no comp--" Before she could finish, Ashton popped off his offer.

"1000 gold to be paid once we successfully get in the stronghold." Her eyes widened at that offer. It wasn't everyday that a single task gave a reward that large from one person. She closed her eyes in thought for a breath-holding moment. Ashton tapped his foot nervously as she considered his words.

"I'll see what I can do. I can't promise anything but I might be able to get you in. Meet me back here just before sundown if you are serious about this. No more than three of you. Don't think I am going to help you if this goes south either." Levia turned and took a step before glancing over her shoulder at the duo. "Oh, and don't forget that gold." With that, the handler disappeared into a crowd of people, to hopefully uphold her end of the bargain.

"I hope you are ready for a challenge, greenie. Now, you have two options. One, you can take the rest of the day to get ready, gather supplies from the general store, get to know the new hatchlings, stuff like that. Or, you can go recruit another Guardian to aid us and then use whatever time you have left for personal tasks. If you don't want to get another member on board, I can do that. So what's the answer?"

If Emilie made the decision to take the rest of the day for herself, she could have a good deal of time to do with as she saw fit. But if she made to choice to look for another Guardian to work with, Ashton would point her back to the barracks where she would find the following: a female Guardian with a long blonde braid training with a Monferno, another female Guardian with black hair pulled up into a bun shining her sword, and a male with red hair doing some personal fitness training on the grounds. It was her choice which to approach if that was the path she went. But Emilie should keep in mind that nature of this mission if she was the one asking for assistance.

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 10:56 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

It appeared that Emilie’s idea about the gold was the correct answer – and now, things were going to get interesting.

Emilie paid rapt attention as Ashton approached Levia again, this time asking if she had contacts – and perhaps even enough clout to get the three of them – for they were going to have an ally now – into the group. It was risky on all sides, but Emilie was excited. It was something she was more familiar with, something less Guardian-y than the traditional “save the citizen” missions she had imagined when Trictess Blackwell had first brought up the idea of pretending to be a Guardian.

It would be a curious mission for Emilie, who was already a rogue and a Guardian at the same time. Perhaps she might be able to notice behaviors in the members of either group, whether it was the two Guardians who would accompany her or the members of the Black Forest Phantoms themselves, that would indicate whether she was truly the only double agent. Ashton was kind and all, but he had acted strangely when he first got the request, and if another Guardian jumped at the opportunity to join, perhaps they’d be suspicious as well. And she’d watch out for a potential contact within the group; it couldn’t be harmful to find a Guardian hiding within and be owed a favor from the Guardians, even in a small way.

“I think I’d like to be involved with choosing our partner for the mission,” she would say after Levia disappeared into the crowd. Craning her head to try to find the handler, she found she was gone nearly instantly. Perhaps she had a bit of background as a rogue as well, and not just being hired as a mercenary… “Are we looking for any kind of person in particular?” she asked Ashton as they went back to the barracks, Littlefoot staying more or less glued to her side as Clark floated nearby. Zero stayed in her arms, looking around, not interacting more with either of the other pokemon. She had introduced herself to the psychic-type already, and that was all she felt she needed to do at the moment.

When Emilie got back to the base, she would wander off a bit, trying to think of who might be a good person to approach. She didn’t know people very well yet, so she’d have to make judgments based on what people were doing or what pokemon they had out with them. She kept her three out, assuming they could each help in different ways: Zero might be intrigued by someone and she would trust the sneasel’s opinion; Littlefoot could attract the attention of people who trained fossil pokemon or other rare pokemon; and Clark could always do his mind-reading, if she ever got comfortable enough to tell him to do it.

Before she could get very far, though, she heard a shout coming from the stables. Littlefoot shyly stayed by her side as she ran over to see what was happening, and before long she was tackled by the source of the screaming. Knocked to her back, she looked up to find an exuberant skiddo pawing at her as Littlefoot tried, but failed, to hide behind her head.

“Littlefoot, go say hello,” she said, but it was the sneasel who took matters into her own hands first. Zero was not happy to be knocked out of her handler’s arms, and she let the skiddo know this with a loud hiss. She extracted her claws from their retracted position, and Emiliie couldn’t help but notice how they glinted in the sun, almost like a steel-type pokemon. Curious. She hadn’t seen that in a sneasel before. She’d have to examine it later.

“Oh, I’m so sorry about that! She’s just gone insane!” a voice rang out, and Emilie looked up to find a Guardian standing over her with his hand outstretched. Gently nudging the curious skiddo away, she took his hand and looked down at the grass-type that was now trying to interact with Littlefoot, scared by Zero’s shiny claws.

“What’s a skiddo doing here?” she asked. She knew the likely answer – this was a stable, of course there would be mount pokemon – but a skiddo was too young to ride. Was it being raised here, perhaps?

“We got her from a farm on Route 4 not too long ago, they said she was saddle-broken, but they forgot to say she’s loud and obnoxious. We’re having a hard time keeping her with the other skiddos and ponytas, she’s upsetting them. We think we might have to give her back – unless…” His voice cut off as he looked down at the pokemon. Littlefoot was trying to be brave, and he reached out his neck to get a closer look at the potential new friend. Unafraid of new pokemon, Littlefoot’s heritage was showing through, and although the skiddo’s first instinct was to headbutt the new creature, she soon got gentler and simply nuzzled her head against the amaura’s cold head.

“I don’t know if this is protocol, exactly – I’m kind of new here – but do you think you’d be willing to help us train this skiddo? She seems like a healthy and strong pokemon, she’d be able to help on a mission if you have one, and that way she’d get out of the stables and stop annoying – er, have a chance to see the world,” he concluded lamely at a pitiful look from the skiddo. She didn’t want to be hated.

Emilie was surprised, but she would accept the offer. The ekans needed to be in storage for now, she was too overwhelmed, and this skiddo seemed eager for the mission as any junior Guardian should be. It would fit with her persona, and there would be no harm in making friends with the Guardians who worked in the stables by taking an apparently annoying pokemon off their hands. “I’d be glad to – do you want to come along with me?” she asked the skiddo, before asking the Guardian if she had a name yet.

“Not yet,” he answered, relieved, and quickly thanked Emilie before tossing her the skiddo’s poke ball and getting out of their way. It didn’t take long for Emilie to notice the skiddo’s beautiful brown eyes flecked with green and name her new friend Mica. Four pokemon were too many to have out, though, so she recalled Mica and then decided to recall Littlefoot as well. This was a mission of discretion, and she didn’t need people who felt the need to show off rare pokemon – or who tried to capture them wherever they went.

Back inside, with her new skiddo’s poke ball on her belt and a smile on her face, she wondered how she was going to find another Guardian to help. There were just so many people, and her eyes darted from person to person as she tried to figure out who might be the best ally for a mission like this. Was she looking for someone stronger than her, so she could appear to be the weak link as she was supposed to be? Or was she supposed to look for someone who might have a different specialty from her, someone who might be an expert at infiltration, so they could guide her on something she wasn’t supposed to know anything about?

She had to narrow it down. She decided to look at the training grounds, thinking of what Alexander had once told her about his training regimen. She doubted she’d find him there, but someone with his level of dedication would definitely be helpful. Only three people were in her immediate vicinity, which made the decision-making easier, but now she had to consider each of the three.

Closest to her was a black-haired woman shining her sword. Combat-oriented, perhaps, but sitting down instead of actually doing anything. A male Guardian with red hair was practicing his own fitness as a blonde woman nearby worked on some drills with her monferno. Emilie would watch them for a short while, not trying to be intrusive, and if anyone complained or asked what she was doing there she would release one of her new baby pokemon and see if she could do anything useful with them in any remaining spare time before the mission.

Her eyes kept returning to the woman training her pokemon. A good mixture of self-improvement and working with a team, she seemed to be doing well with the drills, and so was her pokemon. The monferno looked strong, but more than that, it looked like it was working well with its handler. The woman looked experienced as well, and considering that a monferno was a second-stage pokemon, she likely had more solid handling experience. Emilie recalled the effort it took to evolve Squirt, and she felt like this person would be good to trust.

She wouldn’t interrupt the training session; she’d wait until they were done, unless it was really starting to take too long. She would approach politely, with a nod of her head and a small salute. “Hi, my name is Emilie Chartoire, I’m a new Guardian,” she would start, before getting down to business. “I was watching you and your monferno train. You two look like a really strong pair; would you be available to help my senior partner and me on a special mission tonight that might require some fighting?” She would explain the mission in further detail then, and she could only hope the other Guardian would say yes.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 29 2016, 07:18 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7 EXP. Introducing Mica was fine and done well. So no problems there http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png Sorry if this is a bit slow, but you know how it is sometimes.)

Ashton pondered Emilie's question about what to look for in another partner in this mission. The senior Guardian gave a wink for answering. "Just steer away from one that might mention our patron's name very often. They tend to be more orthodox in their methods than I am. Just remember when and where we are meeting." With that, Ashton made his way to go about his business before the hopeful beginning of their next leg of the journey.

...and it seemed Emilie had a new friend that could possibly aid her if she wished. A little Skiddo named Mica that found a home on the continually growing team of the undercover rogue. The human female certainly did have interesting tastes in what Pokemon she would accept.

Of all her choices, Emilie settled on the blonde lady with a fiery dual fighting type as a companion. All of her assumptions would more than likely be addressed with time, and hopefully turn out to be correct. It would be unfortunate if this woman was not what Emilie was expecting from looks alone. And at the first opportune moment, just after she finished training and gave the Monferno a loving dose of after work affection, the "greenhorn" approached her.

The woman took up a relaxed stance after returning with a small salute of her own, hands placed on her hips to steady herself after the session of work. Her chest fell rapidly as she worked to even her breathing out as she listened to the other female. She brushed off her pristine armor from the dirt that had gathered on it from the day but still listened to her nonetheless. "Well, thanks for the compliment, Emilie. But I have to know about a bit more about 'special mission' before I agree this. Tell me more. And who is your senior? I know some Guardians around here that might not be the best to team up with...but I have also heard the opposite as well. So, let's hear it, Emilie. Dazzle me with this mission. Oh, and I'm Shannon by the way." Shannon was blunt if nothing else. Her Monferno hung out by her side during all this, eyeing the Pokemon Emilie had out. Maybe Zero wanted to make another new friend?

So it seems that maybe Emilie would have to do a bit more work to get this woman on board. But what would she tell Shannon? Too much might turn her away from the mission and end up with Emilie possibly having to look for another person to partner with them. But too little might seem a bit underwhelming for this lady who wants to be dazzled. If Emilie noticed though, there might be a few details that could help guide her answer. So what would the spy tell this Guardian to wow her and hopefully ensure her aid?

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 01:29 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Emilie approached the other Guardian with the confidence of someone who just added a new member to her team, and a smile brightened her face as she talked. This wasn't enough for the other Guardian, though - no, this one was fussy, she had to know all about the mission. Emilie wondered if most Guardians were fussy about their missions, and she briefly considered approaching one of the other people in the area before she thought of a possible root cause.

Shannon had a second-stage pokemon, and she definitely seemed like she knew what she was doing as she trained her monferno. The pokemon seemed to like her as well, so presumably they'd had some time together to bond. These facts all spoke to the fact that Shannon was likely a senior Guardian - if not distinguished in that way by title, at least she was likely more senior than Emilie was. Her own pokemon were all still babies, and her bonds with them were tentative. So Shannon was likely to be a good partner on the mission, if Emilie could convince her of the mission's value.

The problem here lay in the correct amount of information. She didn't know enough about what might motivate Shannon to be able to tell what would be best to tell her, and with Ashton having acted strange when he received the mission, Emilie got the feeling this wasn't the kind of thing where she should just blab everything she knew and hope for the best. This mission, like her overall mission from Trictess Blackwell to spy on the Guardians, could relied on exactly the right amount of discretion.

In a way, this was her first test as a spy. She had to give the information correctly, know what parts were more important than others, and convince Shannon to join her without tipping the other Guardian off that anything was wrong or strange. There were certain facts she couldn't avoid, like the fact that she was working with Ashton, but coming up with the rest would be good practice for her future with the Guardians.

She would start with what she was most confident with. "It's a mission with Ashton," she began. If Shannon had too big of a problem to work with Ashton at all, Emilie might as well just save her breath. Assuming Shannon didn't shoo her away, she would reposition the sneasel in her arms - Zero was now eyeing the monferno curiously - and continued to speak. "It's definitely different from - from what I was expecting," she said, internally chiding herself for wanting to say it was different than the typical Guardian mission. How would a greenhorn know anything about that?

She looked down at Zero. The sneasel was completely focused on the monferno now, sizing up her potential ally with great interest. Emilie gingerly bent over and let the sneasel get a closer look; the dark-type hopped out of her arms nimbly and stood facing the monferno. Perhaps she hadn't wanted to look weak, or perhaps she wanted to have some time with the other pokemon, but Emilie was on her own. "Zero is learning about the world right now. She hasn't seen a monferno before, I think she's curious. Mind if she says hello?" Emilie asked before getting an idea of how to use the situation with the pokemon to explain the rest of the mission to Shannon.

"I haven't been a Guardian for long, just like Zero's not that old, but I'm thinking this mission is unusual. It could turn into a lot of different things, and there's no real way to tell what'll happen until we get there. However things turn out, we will be helping the citizens of Dedrius get out from a very dark patch distinct to our town." She hoped the use of the word "dark" as well as the reference to Dedrius, known throughout the Harper region as a forestry town, might clue her in that the Black Forest Phantoms were involved. "I think the best way to describe it is that we'll need to be like ghosts, sticking to ourselves and blending in until the moment when everything happens." Now she had brought in the word Phantoms as well. She hoped this would clue Shannon in, but what if Guardians didn't talk that way, in secrets and codes? Did they just talk about what they needed to, straight up?

Noticing that Zero was approaching the monferno now, unafraid even though the monferno had an advantage to one of her types, Emilie was inspired to add, "A battle is not always as straightforward as it seems. Zero is weak to your monferno, but she's strong as well. This balance of weakness and strength will be important if we're going to do this. We must appear as Zero does, small and disadvantaged, but in the very moment when the tide needs to turn, we will show our true strength as Guardians." Three against a potentially huge group was a disadvantage, but smart planning and preparation could take away most of this. She grinned as Zero reached out a hand for the monferno to shake.

"So, what do you say? Are you willing to help us?"

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Sep 5 2016, 12:40 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7 EXP!)

"Ashton... Ashton..." she muttered under her breath trying to place a name with a face. Shannon placed a hand over her mouth as her mind worked. It took a moment but she finally snapped and pointed at Emilie. "Haven't heard anything about him but I know the name. But what were you excepting Emilie?" It was a simple question but it would be revealing to the older female. Shannon had been around many Guardians in her time and the 'greenhorn's' words would shine some light on the type of newbie she was.

Shannon watched the actions of the Pokemon that had been in the other girl's arms. Now it was interested in her Monferno. The Guardian shrugged. "I'm sure Ozzie wouldn't mind." The fire type took a step toward the ice and dark type. He out-typed and out-powered the Pokemon in front of him. But it still was coming up to Ozzie unafraid. Was it daft or just stupidly brave?

As Emilie spoke, Shannon was picking up on something. Whatever this was, its was specific to here. Which could only mean one thing: the group that had been terrorizing the town is back. Steal and being seen as weaker than they were. Ozzie might not be the best partner for this mission unless she truly need to power the chimp packed. But, only two Guardians couldn't handle a threat like a vigilante group that has showen they aren't afraid to spill blood. Shannon was sure she was correct in her assumption. Plus she hadn't been on an active mission in a while so this would be a nice change of pace.

Shannon was impressed by Emilie's choice of words and the way she explained the mission, even comparing it the way their Pokemon would need each other for a battle. This girl had a good head on her for stragety, which Shannon liked. She had never seen anything quite like that in a new Guardian. But it was interesting nevertheless. Maybe this would be a fun thing to get involved with. "If this turns out to be something that involves pissing off the Order and you aren't telling me, consider me gone. But for now, deal. When and where do we need to meet?"

At the agreement of his partner, Ozzie reached out and gripped the paw of the Zero. It was a tentative agreement on both ends that was balancing on the idea that there would be no Order involvement. Once Shannon was given the information, she would bid Emilie goodbye until later. And that would give the spy time to herself until she was to meet back up with Ashton and now Shannon who gave a tentative partnership. What would she do with her time since there was many options and paths available to her? Would she bond with her new Pokemon or spend time relaxing to prepare for this task at hand? Or did she have other plans? The time was hers to spend as she pleased as long as she met back up with Ashton at the proper time.

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Dedrius | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.