Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Elena Ayton's Travels
Grimm
 Posted: Aug 3 2014, 11:49 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Total Posts: 715
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:
Lauren Kilfelter, Josie Walter, Matthew Newgrange

Awards: None

{Welcome to Harper! Remember to keep an egg count in your posts, and post a reply in the Update Requests thread after every single time you have replied here so your travels can continue. And most importantly, have fun!}

---

Midmorning, Clear Sky

The hiker made fast work of his departure. He had been going down the cliff to a river and the forest strip beyond, which might well explain why the lapras he had been so willing to give away was out and about at all, but after his narrow escape from death he didn't seem so willing to anymore. Instead, the man rolled up his rope and called back to Elena only long enough to hand over a pokeball. "It's the lapras's," he explained, giving the water-type in question a nervous look. "I have to go now. Ah, thank you for taking her. I mean it. You did me a great favor, little girl."

He grinned sincerely enough, then ducked away. The rucksack on his back swayed noisily as he jogged off, disappearing into the woods. That left Elena and her new friend to stand there near the cliff, and they would have a little time to either stare at the fat lazy clouds above or get to know each other.

After that, it would be up to them what exactly would happen now. Elena can return to her home and explain her new friend to her father, most surely, though she might know well enough to guess that he wouldn't be terribly happy about it. Or she can...well, spend a little time running off somewhere here. Laprases weren't really great creatures of mobility on land, so Elena might have to store her in a pokeball for easy transport, but that didn't mean her friend couldn't be a reliable battler when called upon...technically, at least. There was no telling what the lapras was like, save that she hadn't liked her hiker human much.

In the meantime, though, the sun was shining and the summer air was warm, not hot. The trees swayed with winds that threaded among their branches, causing sharp whistling noises or lower, murmuring ones. Birds chirped vibrantly in the forest behind Elena, and she could see a flash of gray from a starly or brown from a spearow hopping branches. A zigzagoon holding a berry in its mouth poked its twitching nose out of the bushes, and when it saw Elena, retreated shyly away.

The woods were teeming with adventures on this day, it seemed. Or perhaps something equally exciting was waiting at home. What shall it be?

--------------------
Logan Quengrace (Guardian)

Matthew Newgrange (Handler)

Serena Chalice (Handler)

Character Sprites Created by Mackay and Khaleesi!
~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Elena Ayton
 Posted: Aug 4 2014, 07:59 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 48
Member No. 1726
Joined on 29-July 14.

Characters:
Elena Ayton

Note

( Water-Type Egg Count: 1 )
( Fairy-Type Egg Count: 1)

Several thoughts flashed in Elena's mind, the first of which was 'Not another person calling me a little girl', followed by a mental groan. However, her attention soon turned to another topic: the larger topic at hand. "Wait, you mean it?" she gaped. No way. Was this a dream? The girl's fingers swiftly made their way to the top of her pale arm, pinching it. All she got was a sharp pain. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" she said, eyes wide and acting quite hyperactive, especially for her usual calm, mature self. The hiker disappeared into the woods, rucksack swaying noisily behind him. Well. The man was certainly an...interesting character, for lack of better word. What type of hiker made so much noise, anyways? Still slightly in disbelief, she grasped the PokéBall tightly. Glancing down on it, the red and white stripes seemed foreign. Then Elena glanced up again, eyes spotting Lapras -- her Pokémon. Her Pokémon. Obviously her dad would have something to say about this, but for now, she would spend some quality time with the female Pokémon. "Hey. I'm Elena," she said softly, with a gentleness that wasn't altogether part of her nature. It was amazing what having a Pokémon could do to your emotions.

The Lapras tipped its head, staring at its new owner. Being quite an intelligent species, she understood everything her new trainer was saying. Well, the few words she had said towards her new Pokémon, anyway. While she was quite curious about her trainer, the Lapras found it quite hard to move on land, and the summer air was clearly affecting it. A Pokémon used to the hydration cool, running water offered wouldn't exactly be pleased with this humid weather, but that was summer for you.

Slowly, the dark-haired girl walked towards the Lapras, which loomed above her for a good three feet or so. It bent its head down, bringing it more to the petite girl's level, and gently bumped her body. It had estimated its strength correctly, and while Elena stumbled from the unexpected contact, she didn't fall. "Lapras," it said plaintively. "Oh," Elena realized. "You want me to pet you?" Even as the new trainer said these words, she reached up to stroke the Water- and Ice-Type Pokémon's head, which was once again lowered to her level. They stayed like that for a few minutes, both enjoying each other's company.

Elena retired her treatment of Lapras, much to the Pokémon's dismay, a few minutes later. "Lapras," it complained, its voice sounding like a child's whine. Elena laughed. It was probably the most she had enjoyed herself since...well, since forever. When she was young, there were no other girls close to her to play with. When she attempted to play with the boys, they had laughed at her. Ever since then, Elena had shut herself inside. Even the aid of the old woman in reading couldn't match up to this. "I know, I wish I could pet you more too, but we really ought to be getting back," she explained. The Pokémon tipped her head. Where? All Lapras wanted was to stay out in the forest, and maybe for them to get to a river or lake, and then have Elena stroke his head some more. Where did his trainer have to go back to? Nevertheless, she would follow Elena anywhere. "We have to get back home, and I need to convince my dad to let me keep you," Elena explained.

The Pokémon's eyes immediately narrowed. No one was going to take her away from her new trainer, who was much better at stroking her head then her old one. "Don't worry, I promise that you'll be staying with me," she vowed, smiling and scratching the Pokémon's neck. "Lapras," the Pokémon crooned, leaning into Elena's touch. "But first, I need to come up with a nickname for you.Something that sounds foreign," she mused. Whirlpool, Riptide, and Current all sounded horrible, especially for a peace-loving female like Lapras. Elena frowned at the thought. She had just remembered that. Lapras's peacefulness might get in the way of Elena's goal as a Pokémon trainer, especially during battles. The girl shook her head, clearing out the thoughts. She could deal with that later, and hopefully Lapras would learn to love the art of battling. First, she needed a nickname for her. "You'll be Okeanos," she decided, nodding affirmatively. The word sounded quite powerful, yet still had a beautiful grace to it. It was befitting of the Lapras. "Lapras? Lapras," it agreed. "But that gets to be a bit of a mouthful, so I think I'll call you Kea for short," Elena added with a grin.

The girl then turned back into the forest. "I've figured out what to do. I'm going to go back and leave Dad a note, telling him I'm going on a journey with my new Pokémon. That way we won't waste any time; it'll be forever until Dad gets the note, and by then we'll be long gone." Elena had been talking to herself, but Okeanos was listening attentively as well. The Pokémon's black eyes were set on Elena, listening in rapture to her words. "Then, you and I will start a journey together," she vowed, smiling at the very mention of it. Come to think of it, her mouth was starting to hurt from all that smiling. It simply wasn't in her nature to smile or be happy so much. "We'll earn money together for dad, and we'll be a great team," she vowed, eyes glimmering in excitement. "Lapras!" Kea agreed happily. "Alright, I'll let you out soon. Lapras, return!" The red light flickered towards Lapras, enveloping her in red and taking the Pokémon back into the capsule.

Elena then grabbed a large, broad leaf. She was quite sure her Dad knew how to read; after all, not being able to read when you marry a high-ranking woman was social death. After getting her piece of 'paper', she grabbed a sharp stone and began to etch words into the leaf:
    Dear Dad,
      I have found my calling as a Pokémon trainer. Just today, I saved a hiker from falling off a cliff, and he has given me his Lapras in return. I promise to come back, and to help us get money, but I will be traveling for a while. Love you.
                Your daughter,
                  Elena
Her dad would probably regret the day he decided to take her camping, but there was nothing to be done about it now. Her decision was made. Slowly, she crept back through the forest the way she came. Dad is probably still working on treating that horse's leg. I'll leave it where he can see it and then sneak away, Elena reasoned. The plan would work perfectly. Unless Elena got caught. Then she would have a lot of explaining to do. Or she could just drop the leaf and run, but after years of no exercise, she wasn't the fastest. Her dad would catch her before a minute went by. No, she would have to rely on stealth if she was ever going to get out of her dad's overprotective clutches. Spotting the clearing through a gap in the trees, Elena took a deep breath, her hand clutching the stem of the leaf carefully. The girl slunk forward, darting behind a rock -- just in case. Then, she quietly dropped the leaf as close as she dared, and hightailed it out of there.

There. It was done. Once Elena had retreated a good distance from the campsite, she released Okeanos. "Come on out!" In a flash of red light, much like when Kea had returned, the Lapras emerged, neck held proudly. "Lapras!" it cheered. Elena grinned. "Alright, Kea, let's begin our journey!"

POST SUMMARY
  • Elena is shocked when the hiker gives her the Pokéball, and thanks him profusely.
  • Elena gets used to being around Lapras.
  • Lapras is given the nickname Okeanos, Kea for short.
  • Elena decides to leave her dad a note.
  • Elena sneaks back to the campsite, drops the note, and quickly runs away.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 11 2014, 10:29 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 860
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Awards: 3

[0.6 experience for Elena, and her Lapras has been named http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/8.png]

It was still a clear, sunny day - a pleasant one. Elena wouldn't find any discomfort as she traveled, but she would soon realize she somewhat of a problem. Her Lapras could not travel very quickly on land. Even at her fastest pace she only moved at what would be an extremely slow walk for Elena. And while that may perhaps not have bothered her on another day, with the world being hers for exploring, there was little doubt that if they continued on like this her father would be able to catch up to them once he found her note. In fact, it wouldn't even be hard for him, as Kea left a large trail of flattened debris behind her, simple by virtue of dragging her large body over the ground. Small indents along it showed where her flippers had dug in to push her ahead.

Elena, therefore, had a few choices. She could continue on, as she was, and hope that they somehow managed to avoid her father. Or she could simply return Kea to her pokeball and start walking. With a pokemon willing to protect her, she didn't need to be afraid of anything that lurked within the trees. And, glittering through the trees, there was a third option. A small river, barely more than a creek, cut down and around to her left. It would take a bit of dedicated traipsing through woodland undergrowth - rotten logs, bushes, tall grass - to get to it, but the river would undoubtedly make a better path for Kea than the one she was on. It would also be faster, particularly if Elena rode on her back, but perhaps they were still too new a partnership to feel comfortable with that. Even splashing alongside Kea, though, would be faster, as well as cooler. The summer's morning was beginning to go from warm to hot and Kea likely wasn't the only one who could use some refreshing.

Even aside from all of that was the old proverb: Rivers run to the sea. Where else would Elena want to go, with such a beautiful creature of the ice and water by her side? But of course, it was her choice. The little forest was beautiful in its own way, and she suddenly had free range of it. Maybe she would want to look at the dark hollow under the bramble berry bush far up to her left, or climb up to the top of the ravine just to see what she could see. It was all hers, now.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Elena Ayton
 Posted: Aug 19 2014, 12:56 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 1726
Joined on 29-July 14.

Characters:
Elena Ayton

( Water-Type Egg Count: 2 )

"You ready, Kea?" The rhetorical question was punctuated by the girl's giddy bouncing as she easily leaped over a bush. Meanwhile, the Lapras was struggling to move even a few feet forward. Okeanos's fins weren't made for this type of travel, and Elena soon found the problem as she turned back to Kea's high-pitched keens. "Oh, I completely forgot," Elena said with a sigh, her eyes creasing in worry as she quickly walked back over to her Pokémon. The thought worried her. Any other day, the beautifully enticing scenery would be more than enough to persuade Elena to simply travel slower with her new Pokémon, but she had no idea how long it would take for her dad to find the note. And that conversation would probably put a few months' delay on her travels, at least.

"Pras?" it keened again, tipping her head in worry. Kea liked her new trainer, but what if she moved too fast for her? The dual Water- and Ice-type wasn't much of a traveler over land -- would that be persuasion enough for Elena to ditch her? Of course, the Lapras didn't know that all Elena had wanted for years was a Pokémon, but she still had valid reason to worry. "It's alright, we'll figure out a way," Elena said comfortingly, frowning. After just obtaining her first Pokémon, she didn't want to just simply return it, but their journey would be over before it began if her father caught them. In her state of panic, Elena stood no chance of noticing the obsolete river amongst the trees. "Kea, I'm going to return you to your Pokéball," Elena began. Immediately the Lapras began to worry. What would happen, once she was inside her Pokéball? Would the girl throw her Pokéball away? She really liked Elena, and didn't think her trainer would do that, but she did know that desperate humans (and Pokémon) did desperate things. "Then, I'm going to try and find a river. And then, if you don't mind, we'll happily float down it with me on your back. Or swimming beside you, since it's getting hotter. How does that sound?" Elena asked.

The Transport Pokémon almost cried in relief, instead sighing happily and gently nuzzling her trainer. "Great. Lapras, return," Elena ordered, hugging her partner once before it was returned to its Pokéball. The petite girl then began to make her way through the thick forest, glancing around for any sign of danger or a water source. After all, there was many a dangerous Pokémon, and she had heard bandit attacks weren't all that rare. While she had a knife on her, she doubted it would do much good since she had never truly practiced with it. She was so busy glancing around and behind her, she didn't notice the presence of the river until she almost fell into it. The waves gently splashed around her leg, the brook cooling her off while getting her legs and feet soaked. The girl sighed in relief, both at the comfort of the icy cold water as well as the fact that she had finally found a water source. How she hadn't heard it earlier, seeing as it wasn't too far off of their path, she would never know, but Elena would praise Arceus for this stroke of luck.

"Alright, Okeanos, come on out!" she cheered. The shelled Pokémon keened happily as it emerged in the middle of the water, swimming in circles. The cool water had a refreshing effect on the Lapras as well, and she seemed much happier now. "Lapras!" it said happily, paddling with astounding speed to its trainer and splashing Elena with water. The trainer smiled fondly at her antics, but for now, they would have to leave, and swiftly. She knew that most Lapras loved carrying others on their backs, but they were still a new pairing and she wasn't sure how Kea would deal with it. Slowly, Elena entered the current. Hesitantly, she reached out to Kea's neck, grabbing on firmly but still gently to where it connected with her shell. "How about we go like this?" she suggested. They could build up to a stronger bond this way with them connected rather than simply riding upon the larger Pokémon's back. The Pokémon huffed in agreement, awaiting further directions on where she should go. Kea hoped it wasn't uphill. After all, the Lapras was still quite young, her muscles not yet hardened from training, and making uphill progress would be hard. Luckily, Elena had had the same thoughts. She wasn't much of a swimmer either, even if she was clinging on to Lapras. Plus, the downhill current would allow them to move much more swiftly. "Let's go downhill. It'll make things easier for the both of us." Kea let a sigh of relief, turning carefully and beginning to swim. Elena's hold on her wasn't uncomfortably tight, with her right arm clinging to the base of Kea's neck while her left arm paddled in sync with her kicking as they started to make progress along the river.

( this is really short )

POST SUMMARY
  • Elena begins to walk, but soon discovers that Kea struggles to move even a foot.
  • Elena returns Kea and begins to walk, warily watching around her.
  • Elena steps into a river and the two begin to swim downstream.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
SeleneHime
 Posted: Aug 24 2014, 12:16 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 661
Member No. 34
Joined on 20-September 11.

Characters:
Reginald Duarte; Jaden; Eglantine Sorrel

[0.5 EXP for Post!]

Elena certainly had the right idea. Full summer heat had a reputation for being overbearing for a reason, and she was being reminded of that reason now. The temperature change once they were on the water was immediate, and a god-send. It was still humid, but oh so much cooler. If she wanted to take a dip with Kea, she’d find the water was almost cold. Since summer kept the current lower than normal, though, there was also less of a pull to sweep her away.

Depending on how long she wanted to drift and dawdle, Elena could find herself all the way to Cape Augustine before dark, or on the other hand, simply further out from her starting point. Therefore, she had some either-or in her favor.

The teen would see some of the local wildlife either way, from shy water-types fleeing from the pair of strangers floating through their stretch of the river, to the littler pokemon that dotted the trees and occasionally, the shore, too. Kea’s impressive size seemed to intimidate nearly everything Elena had opportunity to notice. The massive mammal’s rarity only played into that, it seemed, and none of the little ones that they crossed seemed to realize the lapras was gentle by nature. Most of the pokemon they did manage to catch a glimpse of were quick to retreat. Only a few curious souls were brave enough to stick around and be nosy, and one such pidgey kept them company for a fair stretch. If Elena wasn’t mistaken, it was the same pushy bird the entire time, too. It didn’t flutter off until the river took them from the heavy tree cover – the sight of another human had done it in.

The man in question ploughed through underbrush with reckless abandon. Every breath came ragged, and fear made his eyes wild. Barking sounded in the distance, followed by the breathless oaths that tore from his throat. Heedless of the obstacle that Kea and Elena made for him, the scruffy blond spun on his heel and dove head first into the river. Water splashed in their faces. Not a moment later, that same man was clawing his way up the opposite bank.

If Elena urged her pokemon forward now, she could easily do one of two things – hurry up the shore in time to catch the blond if she was of mind, or rush ahead to put distance between him and his pursuers. The latter would probably take her away from conflict, while the former would inevitably draw her towards it – especially since the blond looked like he was wearing down. But since she didn’t have to involve herself, she could always let it be, and focus on getting herself to relative safety. Whatever her choice, though, she’d want to make it fairly soon. The longer she dwelled on it, the better chance she stood of being intercepted by the hunters.

--------------------
PCR & Master Post
The Dawnsinger
The Jade Fox
The Paradox
| PM |
^
Elena Ayton
 Posted: Aug 24 2014, 10:10 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 1726
Joined on 29-July 14.

Characters:
Elena Ayton

Water Egg Count: 3
Crophish Egg Count: 1

Despite the ever-present worry that her father might catch up, Elena sincerely enjoyed her time floating down the river. Her clothes were soaked, and she had limited gold on her, but she felt free for the first time in...well, she wasn't even sure when. The humidity was pressing, however, and despite the fact that she couldn't feel the heat anymore, she could certainly feel her hair both sticking together and frizzling from the static. Closing her eyes, the teenager awkwardly held her breath and plunged underwater for a few seconds, coming up coughing. She had never had lessons in swimming before, and it showed. Elena certainly trusted Kea not to let her drown, but she definitely didn't trust herself. She could barely put her face in water without choking, but with a companion like Kea, she was quite sure that she would become more used to it.

Speaking of her companion, the Lapras had turned from her pleasant drift down the river as she heard the coughing sounds of her trainer and a harsher pressure from where Elena's hand had tightened. Not on purpose, of course, Elena would never dream of hurting her Pokémon, but the sting of her eyes and the water in her nose had surprised her. "Sorry, Kea, I'm just not used to being underwater," Elena explained. The Lapras tipped her head in confusion. To her, being underwater was like second nature. It was highly enjoyable, and she didn't understand how anyone couldn't enjoy it. She hoped there wasn't anything wrong with her trainer. Just to make sure, the Lapras gently sniffed around her head. Well, she didn't have a fever, unless plunging underwater had dulled it. "What are you doing, Kea? That tickles!" Elena protested, giggling slightly. The Lapras, slightly miffed, decided to let it go for now. But she would definitely keep an eye on her later.

The pair continued to drift downstream, Elena eagerly glancing around at the variety of wild Pokémon. Most of what she saw were quick flashes as the startled creatures darted away, but even a glimpse of them were exciting to the young girl. In front of them, Water-Type Pokémon were doing their best to avoid the duo. Elena was somewhat disappointed she wouldn't be able to see any of the wild Pokémon up close, but she did understand that a human and a large, uncommon Pokémon wasn't an every day sight. One Pidgey (she was quite sure it was the same one) was especially bold and came close, but not too close. It left as they swam out of its territory, seeking other interests--namely, one that was running closer as they swam. As the two drifted in comfortable silence, Elena subconsciously scratching Kea's neck, she thought about what they should do. She wasn't sure if they could make it to another city before dark, but she did believe that this way would lead them to Cape Augustine. From what she knew, it was a large and wealthy port, and she wasn't sure her presence would be welcomed. A half-soaked girl lacking supplies with her Lapras? No. Anyways, she wanted to avoid civilization for a little longer. Maybe they could feast on some berries, or other plants. Yes, that was a good idea. Set up camp by the riverside. But for now, she was content just floating with her Lapras.

The commotion had not yet reached her, and she enjoyed floating here, where there weren't as many trees to hinder her view of the beautiful sky above. Meanwhile, Okeanos was happy simply being in the water. The Lapras was keenly gazing around at its fellow Water Pokémon despite them not being too fond of her advances. Both were at peace with nature, until the sound of bedraggled breathing and cursing reached them. Elena's eyes hadn't yet registered the confusion when a blond man suddenly swam out in front of them. The Lapras squealed with indignant energy, rearing up so she was half out of the water, Elena clinging on desperately. The man didn't acknowledge them in any way, Elena noticed, and looked scared for his life. Wiping her eyes, she registered a flash of blonde hair before he disappeared into the trees on the other side.

The young trainer acted upon instinct. "Kea, to the shore!" she ordered. She was highly curious of the man, and the barking from the other shore had intensified. They didn't have much time before the man's chasers reached the river and spotted them. The Lapras was scared, and quickly followed Elena's orders. At times like this, her overbearing attitude could be quite nice. Not that her intentions weren't purely unselfish, mind you. If the man was a thief and she caught him, it would give her recognition and maybe a prize of gold, which she desperately needed. If he was fleeing bandits, well, she wasn't quite sure how fast they could go in water, and the last thing the petite girl needed was to be caught by those foul criminals. As they approached the shore, Elena quickly leaped onto the bank, whipping out the Lapras's Pokéball. "Thanks, Kea. Return!" The Lapras returned in a stream of red light as Elena whipped around, following the man's path.

The man was easy to track. The petite girl's size meant that her legs were pretty short, but the loud crashing and broken undergrowth left a clear path in front of her. Elena's clothes stuck to her skin, but being back in the humid air, they were drying fast. She managed to be quiet as she chased after him, pushing herself to run as fast as she could. Her breathing was coming out heavy, and sweat poured down her body with the excess water that still hadn't come off. The girl's eyes constantly flickered between the ground and the area in front of her, being careful not to trip and fall. She wasn't sure how much progress she was making. For all she knew, the men chasing the blond were right behind her, or she was right behind the man. Pushing herself harder, she jumped over a large root.

Post Summary
- Elena and Kea float down the river peacefully.
- Elena decides that she doesn't want to be in civilization for some time yet.
- The blond startles both of them.
- Elena decides to give chase and returns Lapras, running after him.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Slondermins
 Posted: Sep 7 2014, 07:16 PM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Background Mods
Total Posts: 536
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:
Jezenya diHadi | Seze Cal

Awards: 2

(0.7! Also the gorebyss has now been put on your profile!)

At first the man's trail was rather easy to follow- there were wet footprints leading away from the bank, snapped twigs on the nearby foliage, and scuff marks where he's clearly tripped over a rock or branch. As Elena made her way further and further into the trees, though, the footprints began to fade, and snapped twigs weren't as easy to see among the dense foliage. No doubt the pursuing group had trackers with them, and they'd probably have an easier- and quicker- time catching up with the blonde.

And then something curious happened. Elena was studying a small overturned rock, trying to decide if it was from the man she was following or some other source. She moved up the 'trail' a few steps, trying to see it from the other side, and suddenly the rock was rooted in the soil. She went back to where she'd just been and it was back to being unearthed. Up the trail, undisturbed.

Any signs or leavings he'd made in his haste to get away were gone now, and on top of that, there was a deep sense of foreboding filling the girl's mind. It was some silent voice in the back of her head, nagging at her to turn away and run, before something bad happened. She was lost, hopelessly lost, she'd trip and break her neck and nothing, no one, would know she was out here-

The bushes rustled, and a warm body suddenly pressed to Elena's back, the cold sharpness of a steel blade laying against her throat.

There was a pause, and her attacker suddenly removed the blade and shoved her forward a few steps. When she turned she'd see the very man she was chasing, pointing a short sword in her direction. He looked wary, not to mention a little frightened, but there was a hard glint in his eyes that promised nothing but pain if Elena tried anything. He looked a little unkempt, his clothes damp and dirty, while his dirty blonde hair currently looked like he's gotten a good shock from an electric-type. His beard could use a trim, but otherwise he didn't look to be in bad shape. He was maybe ten years older than Elena herself, and he was undoubtedly handsome when not on the run.

"Who're you? They didn't have any girls with 'em." He growled. He took a step forward, the point of the sword aiming at her chest. "Speak."

A Spoink peered out from the bush the man had just left, ears twitching. A psychic-type; well, that explained the strange moving rock and the sense of dread she'd gotten. It seemed this man had means for covering his trail...and hers, if it came down to it. But he didn't look like a hardened criminal, so maybe he'd let her go if she promised to stay quiet. On the other hand she could try to assist him, or find out why he'd been running in the first place.

--------------------

Goals user posted image PCR user posted image Thread Tracker

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Elena Ayton
 Posted: Sep 8 2014, 07:17 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 1726
Joined on 29-July 14.

Characters:
Elena Ayton

Water Egg Count: 4
Corphish Egg Count: 2

Even with no experience in tracking anyone, Elena would find it quite easy to rush through the foliage. A variety of footprints, twigs, and other markings all led into the forest. Uprooted rocks and branches showed evidence that he had tripped. Was he simply unused to the forested terrain, or was he weak and clumsy? Either one would give Elena an advantage, she knew. A hand reached to her knife, strapped around her waist. Although Elena's ability to use the blade was limited at best, it gave her comfort to know she had a weapon.

As she headed deeper into the forest, it became harder to both track the strange man as well as to actually run through the undergrowth. Elena would soon discover that she needed to hack vines and leaves out of her way using the short sword. She was more surprised when she found out that the man's progress through the forest was barely trackable this deep in the forest. Snapped twigs disappeared into the rich soil or a bush while footprints could barely be seen. Nervous energy contained the young trainer. The pursuers would catch up soon if she continued to progress this slow. They could have trackers with them, and no doubt Pokemon. Despite having two that could battle, neither had received too much training and Elena didn't want to bet on winning a battle against bandits (if that was who was chasing, that is).

Desperate for clues as to where the blond had gone, Elena spotted what appeared to be an overturned rock. Its flat side, covered with soil, appeared to be facing up towards the sky. Sheathing her sword, Elena quickly ran over, glancing behind her to see if the pursuers were close. The forest was deathly silent, however, and Elena couldn't hear anything. The Pokemon had been silenced by the appearance of newcomers, no doubt.

Trying to study the rock from all angles, being the only clue she had at the moment, Elena walked up the trail, attempting to see which way the man had gone. But to her utter astonishment, the rock was back to being rooted in the soil. Glancing around in slight panic, Elena wondered if the man was trying to make her freak out and run away. Scowling, she circled around the rock, eyes warily darting around to see whether anyone was in the vicinity. A sudden panic reached out to grab her. What if she was lost? Elena had no idea how to survive in the forest, something would surely happen to her even if she had two (alright, so the Gorebyss barely counted as 'her') Pokemon to protect her. The strange rock kept on turning, but Elena could never see it physically turn.

Perhaps this had been a bad idea. She should head back, maybe through a roundabout way so she didn't run into the man's pursuers. Unfortunately for the petite teen, she had no idea where she was. Circling the rock so many times had made her slightly dizzy, and now she had no idea where she was. This wasn't fair. She had just started her journey, just discovered how much a Pokemon could change her, and now she was stuck in a forest and probably on the edge of dying. Groaning internally, she decided to pick a random direction and get out of there as quickly and quietly as she could.

As she started heading towards the chosen direction, a rustle attracted her attention. Elena tensed, turning, but not fast enough. A warm body was pressed to her, which wasn't necessary due to the harsh heat and humidity, and Elena was about to pull away when the cold bite of a steel blade touched her throat. Heart beating wildly, Elena stayed as still as she could, not wanting to give her attacker any reason to attack. Was it the man she had been chasing or his pursuers? Idiot, she cursed to herself. Why did she have to be so curious? Why couldn't she just have hidden in the trees until the pursuers were gone? Now she was going to be brutally murdered at--

Her wild, panicked thoughts snapped short when the blade was removed and Elena was shoved forward. She immediately turned despite her surprise of release, pulling out her short sword as well. Anyone with experience with the weapon could see that Elena's usage of it was limited at best and nonexistent at worst, her hand trembling and holding it close to her rather than extending it towards him. Any sword battle between the two would hail the man as the victor. The weapon shook in her right hand while her left crept to her sack, pulling out Kea's Pokeball while examining the man.

The same shock of blond hair greeted her as it had nearly half an hour before, and she knew this was the one who had startled both her Pokemon and herself while journeying down the stream. He had the look of a runaway, his clothes still damp, whether from the river or sweat, Elena didn't know. His hair seemed to have dried and victimized by the humidity, frizzy and unkempt, while his beard was a bit longer than most and hinted at not having been shaved in quite a while. He looked to be in his early to mid twenties, and wasn't bad looking either.

"Who're you? They didn't have any girls with 'em."

The man's tone was threatening and low as he took a step forward and emphasized his command. "Speak." Not taking his demanding, threatening posture and tone lightly, Elena's posture changed as well, standing on the balls of her feet and ready to flee in case he suddenly lunged. With her light build and short height, she could disappear into the foliage and possibly avoid him any further. But she hadn't come all the way and suffered all this to run away.

"My name's Elena," she said stiffly, leaving out her last name on purpose. "I'm from Marchton, just started a journey with my Lapras. The one you jumped in front of in the river." Elena couldn't help but let a drop of attitude drop in with the last statement. Perhaps it wasn't the wisest, most well known choice to do so, but he could have guessed. She didn't particularly like how he was threatening her with the sword either. Elena hadn't backed away when he stepped up, but now wished that she had. The close proximity made her feel even more threatened, although backing away now could be seen as a sign of weakness or threat, either which could turn the situation worse.

Gazing past the man, she noted the pink pearl of a grey Pokemon, bouncing on a coil. A Spoink, she realized, a Psychic type. It had been covering up its trainer's progress (albeit not that well, or the inexperienced petite trainer wouldn't have been able to track him all the way here) and had quite possibly been the cause of her earlier confusion and panic. Her stance still quite protective, Elena waited for an answer.

(To the next mod: I'd like the Gorebyss to be nicknamed Luster, please)

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Adelulf
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 09:24 PM
| Quote |

Tier 4 or Die Trying
Banned
Total Posts: 742
Member No. 1545
Joined on 8-April 14.

Characters:
Leodel "Leo" Degen, Rodric Steiner "Hatchet", Reva of Fough

Awards: 4

[I feel a 0.6 exp is earned there. And the name has been bestowed upon your new pokemon. Side note, your travels are in Marchton, yet someone mentioned being close to the Cape, so I just went with that. If this is not the case, please let me know and I will edit.]

As the girl's sword cleared its sheath, the man shifted his weight and widened his stance, expecting a fear driven assault. Instead he was faced with a young girl who held the trembling blade more like a soup ladle than a sword, and relaxed as much as his frayed nerves would allow. There was no time for distractions right now, but he needed answers as to why he was being followed by this girl. She looked like a wound up wire, ready to spring and bolt away in an instant, but she answered his question as to who she was and vaguely indicated her reasons for following him. Despite the tone she developed, it seemed she was safe enough, so he leaned back a bit to give her more room to breathe. But then the girl just stood there, as if she was waiting on the answer to a question that was never voiced. The man's brow scrunched slightly, wondering if perhaps his exhaustion had caused him to miss part of her response, but a quick recollection confirmed that no, he had not. By the looks of it, this wasn't going to progress until he made the next move.

”Uhh, alright then. Now listen kid, Elena was it? Starting your own life adventure is really a grand step in a young lady's life, but your path is no concern of mine, nor mine of yours eh? So you best scram and make yourself real scarce before those fellas behind me get close.”

The fleeing man then noticed the change of focus of the girl and followed her gaze down to his leg. He half expected to see a carvanha to be clinging to his calf, given the day he was having, but only found his spoink bouncing lightly behind him. ”Ahhh jeez kid, look what you did!” The man's sword slid deftly back into its scabbard as he bent to pick up his tiny psychic pokemon. ”You got poor Krinkles all worked up. Now I have to calm her down before she can try and cast another illusion. Judging by the sound of those dogs, I don't have the luxury of standing here to do it.” The stranger met Elena's eyes with a weary, agitated stare.

”I don't know what kind of thrills you expected to have by chasing me down, kid, but forget 'em. Go find some place to hide and leave me be. I have enough problems to worry about right now. These guys aren't exactly the criminal type, but if they suspect you're with me, or helped me somehow, ya might not enjoy their company. Now get outta here. I think the Cape is that way, if that is where you were headed. Good luck, kid.” The man jerked his head roughly in the direction of “behind him” and set off in flight once more, not allowing time for further questions.

Now, the man's directions had not been wrong, for Cape Augustine was indeed where he had nodded to; but traveling that way was no guarantee of safety. The pursuing group was closing in, and once they stumbled upon this spot, who knows if they would follow only one path, or perhaps both? If what the man said is true, Elena had placed herself in a very hazardous situation. Should she head towards the city, if only to have a known landmark to reach and ensure she does not become lost? Or should she follow the man anyway to discover more about what was happening; he already had another head start on her.

Of course, a third option was available – she could always stay and wait. If she directed the hunters after the man, and their trackers confirmed her word as true, then it would be reasonable to assume they would believe she was not associated with him and could be left alone entirely. The gamble relied on how much truth the stranger had spoken, how much Elena believed, and how much she was willing to chance on the nature and moods of those folks closing in.

--------------------
My Split Personalities
| PM |
^
Elena Ayton
 Posted: Sep 17 2014, 04:10 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 1726
Joined on 29-July 14.

Characters:
Elena Ayton

OOC Notes

---//---//---

"Uhh, alright then. Now listen kid, Elena was it?"

The young trainer seemed to bristle at his words. Why did they always have to call her 'kid'? Still, despite that, she allowed a nod of assent. God, what guy forgot someone's name in a five minute time span? Scowling, Elena nevertheless listened to what else he had to say despite wanting to shout at him, 'I am thirteen years old, not a kid!' Although saying that would be quite childish... she mused.

"Starting your own life adventure is really a grand step in a young lady's life, but your path is no concern of mine, nor mine of yours eh? So you best scram and make yourself real scarce before those fellas behind me get close.”

Was that sarcasm? Elena bristled slightly. She hated being underestimated for both her size and her age, and the combination of both was making this man treat her like an incapable whiny little incompetent brat. She opened her mouth, fully prepared to give this jerk (this hot jerk, but still a jerk) a piece of her mind, when he interrupted her with an exclamation.

"Ahhh jeez kid, look what you did!” Elena's gaze snapped back to the Spoink, confused. It seemed to be perfectly fine; she had no idea what tangent he was getting off on. It wasn't as if she had tossed it into a river full of Sharpedo. "You got poor Krinkles all worked up. Now I have to calm her down before she can try and cast another illusion. Judging by the sound of those dogs, I don't have the luxury of standing here to do it.” Krinkles must be the Spoink, she realized, although she wasn't sure what exactly he was trying to accomplish with a name like that.

Names for Pokemon should express who they truly were. Okeanos, a Lapras, the lazy ruler of the seas. Luster, a Gorebyss, with the beauty and vanity to match. But Krinkles? She had no idea what was wrong with this man, but her opinion on him was sinking by the second. It wasn't as if Spoinks were at the top of Elena's wishlist, but they deserved a more elegant name than Krinkles. She stared right back into his eyes, a semi-scowl still on her face.

"I don't know what kind of thrills you expected to have by chasing me down, kid, but forget 'em. Go find some place to hide and leave me be. I have enough problems to worry about right now. These guys aren't exactly the criminal type, but if they suspect you're with me, or helped me somehow, ya might not enjoy their company. Now get outta here. I think the Cape is that way, if that is where you were headed. Good luck, kid.”

Thrills? He thought she was just in it for the thrills? Elena might be adventurous, but she wasn't foolish. She wouldn't chase someone just for the thrill of it. "Get back here! I am not done talking to you!" she snapped, although quietly, in case their pursuers were drawing close. "Even though you're a jerk, I'll help you out," she decided with a sigh.

Her time was running out, but this might help. "Kea, come out and help us!" she ordered. If only the river flowed deeper into the forest. Still, Elena would do what she could. The Lapras emerged, calm and tranquil as always, unperturbed by anything. "Use Mist." Elena had never commanded the Lapras to use the move before, and was pleasantly surprised when the Lapras immediately exhaled an icy vapor from her mouth. White fog drifted back the way they had come. "Good job, thanks Kea! Return."

And Elena was off once again, still persistently chasing the man.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Sep 29 2014, 02:36 AM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Total Posts: 934
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:
Elena "Ellie" Fletcher, Clare Everhart,

Awards: 2

[ +0.6 EXP for last post.]

---
    All throughout her running, Elena could hear the hounds. The time spent confronting the man she was chasing had allowed his hunters to draw nearer, as indicated by the increased volume of their barking. The dogs hit Kea’s Mist, and their howls turned to confused yelps and whines. Elena’s swift thinking had stumped the pursuing party, but canines relied on smell more than anything, so it would only be a matter of time before they reoriented themselves and gave chase once again.

In the time Elena used to summon her pokemon, the man had gotten a good headstart. Elena dashed through the forest, relying on the fresh visual cues he left behind in his frantic rush to get away. She would be wiser this round to prepare herself for another illusion, but none came—perhaps he was so hurried, he hadn’t the opportunity to wipe his trail. It was fortunate for Elena. The foliage grew dense and the ground became muddy. Her footing would become treacherous, and the girl would find herself tripping at least a few times.

One such fall actually saved her life, as, while she fell, a poochyena launched itself from the underbrush, its fangs bared and trailing saliva. Its jaws only snapped on air, where Elena’s head had been a second before, and the little dog crashed into a tree. Its snarl shifted to a pained yelp and it rolled out of sight.

Elena herself suffered no damage from her tumble, but she would only get another two strides in before the ground gave out from under her—literally.

Her foot hit the earth and kept going, as if she’d stepped on thin parchment and not ground, and a second later, she was falling again. Down and down she went, sliding down an angled tunnel that burrowed deep into the ground. She was tossed from one side to the other, spun head over heels, until finally, mercilessly, she was dropped into a rather cozy chamber. It was shaped like a half-sphere, with the ground serving as the flat end and the tunnel she fell from was at the top of the dome

Her bottom hit a pile of hay, cushioning her fall, and while she was rattled and covered in mud, she was unharmed…give or take a few bumps and scrapes. More pressing was the strange company she found herself in.

A horde of pokemon stared at her, flabbergasted. It was a mix of species—a pair of wynaut, an abra, a grounded swoobat, a medicham, and a delphox, whose fiery wand was providing light to the chamber. At the center of them was Krinkles. Elena’s mind was hit by a myriad of emotions coming from the spoink, including shock, then recognition, then a mix of anger and uncertainty. When the spoink realized she’d accidentally stepped into Elena’s consciousness, the spoink physically hopped away, withdrawing her psychic powers with her.

With Krinkles’s movement, the rest of the pokemon were snapped out of their gaping—and they all turned and ran. Two tunnels led out of the chamber; to the left ran the delphox, Krinkles, and wynaut pair, while all of the others ran down the right one. At the other end of the right one, Elena could see firelight bouncing off the tunnel walls. The delphox was taking the only significant light with her as she ran away, and Elena had only a few more seconds to observe her surroundings.

The objects around her were…bizarre, at least considering the fact that she was in an underground cave. Furniture lined the curved walls of the chamber she had fallen in. A chest, a wardrobe, a dresser, a few chairs. A thin layer of crusted mud caked all of it, but each piece of furniture was intact. Elena had enough time to check inside one of them for loot or supplies, if she wished, before delphox’s light faded completely.

Regardless if she felt the need to search around for more stuff, she would have an immediate decision to make; taking the dark, left tunnel, or the faintly lighted, right tunnel. The tunnel-slide she had come down on was too high for her to reach unless she stood on Kea’s back, and even then, her pokemon would never fit through the narrow space. So, what would she do?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
- - -
X/Y FC: 5129 1837 4187
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Elena Ayton
 Posted: Oct 23 2014, 05:02 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 1726
Joined on 29-July 14.

Characters:
Elena Ayton

The sound of the hounds was really disturbing her. She needed earmuffs or something to stop it. The howls were eerie, as if ominously foretelling what would happen should they catch her. A lifetime of staying home was dragging her down now, and Elena could only hope that the Mist would confuse them. Thankfully, it happened, and the howls turned to yelps and whines that relieved the girl, if only slightly. Struggling, Elena tripped over a rock before righting herself and continuing. The path only grew more and more dangerous, and she tripped more than once, cursing slightly to herself. Why hadn't she just stayed on the river?

As soon as the thought formed, it was wiped away as Elena tripped over a slippery patch on the ground, plummeting and landing on her side just inches away from a rock that probably would have caused major injury. Just above her, the snapping of jaws could be heard as one of the hounds that had caught up lunged. Gasping, Elena would roll over, covering herself in more dirt before continuing. Not two paces later, the ground gave out and she collapsed into a hole. The ground was slippery enough that she didn't suffer any damage such as a torn ankle or such, but her descent was uncontrolled and the girl screamed more than once in fear. An especially slippery part sent her head over heels, and for a second the young trainer almost threw up from the nausea.

Still, Elena managed to last the rest of the tumble, landing on a surprisingly soft surface, relatively unharmed. There was a light scrape on her left elbow, but she was otherwise fine. And of course, there was a headache, which Elena really didn't like. The trainer coughed for a moment, but suddenly she was bombarded by a myriad of emotions. Elena groaned, rubbing her head. A split second later, it disappeared, and she looked up with tired eyes. For a second, she thought she was hallucinating. What were a pair of Wynaut, an Abra, a Swoobat, a Medicham, and a Delphox doing? And...was that Krinkles?

"Hey you. Uh, Krinkles. Where's your trainer – wait, hold on!" The trainer's observation of the room, which appeared to be filled with dirty furniture, was suddenly diminished as the Pokemon ran. Sighing, and not really in the mood for running, Elena chased down the left tunnel, which at least held more light and had Krinkles in it. "Hold on, I just want to talk!" she called out, sounding a bit more than annoyed.

Egg Counts
Egg 1: 06
Egg 2: 04

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Adelulf
 Posted: Dec 26 2014, 12:56 AM
| Quote |

Tier 4 or Die Trying
Banned
Total Posts: 742
Member No. 1545
Joined on 8-April 14.

Characters:
Leodel "Leo" Degen, Rodric Steiner "Hatchet", Reva of Fough

Awards: 4

[+0.6 exp]

But run she must, because the pokemon had clearly gone off to the races down both of the tunnels, creating a wide gap between even the slowest among them and Elena. There was little light to guide her, as the delphox led the pack. On she would run and if not for the occasional root protruding from the tunnel walls there would be almost no indication of whether the young girl was making any forward progress. Who knows how far they had all run after a few minutes, but that is when the first bend appeared, sharp and to the right. No other routes showed themselves, and as Elena took the turn she would find the tunnel shrinking rapidly, forcing her to her knees after only a few paces. In an instant the cone of a tunnel, now better lit as the pokemon had to slow and less space consumed the light, went pitch black as the flame vanished. Just as suddenly as the tunnel had begun to change, Elena would find it ended, and if she had kept crawling she may have even bumper her head should she be careless.

All the pokemon ahead of her were gone, likely teleported elsewhere but where that could be was a mystery. Only one easy path lie before Elena now, and that was to head back out the left tunnel and into the right. But before she would be able to do so, a tiny pop would reach her ear and the faintest of silhouettes could be made out in the darkness. Something would brush against her hand and in a whirl of black motion the young handler would find herself deposited on yet another couch. Krinkles rested on the arm of the couch just above her head, and the room was dimly lit by the delphox's flame. This time the room was nearly double the size of the original chamber, and all that room's occupants were present, with the extra addition of the mystery man. Along with his glare, Elena may very well feel the presence of various psychic minds hovering at the fringes of her mind, making no intrusions but waiting to see if she posed a threat.

The yet unnamed fellow spared Elena a moment and stared daggers at the spoink, who bounces gently and focused her attention to him. There seemed to be some kind of communication between the two even though silence reigned. The “[i[talk[/i]” ended with the man slumping his shoulders, heaving a heavy sigh and rolling his eyes. His focus shifted back to the out of place girl and if she had not addressed him yet he would take the initiative.

”You are a persistent one, huh? Well considering Krinkles decided to bring you along there isn't much I can do to change that fact. Though you may very well have blown one of our hideouts, so thanks for that.” The sound of crinkling paper sounded next her at the man's jibe, and he waves a hand in the spoink's direction. ”Oh don't give me that. I know it wasn't nice but it is the truth. We would have gotten away clean, [i[as usual[/i], is not for her showing up and getting all curious. And you,” he pointed an accusing finger at Elena, ”better not cause anymore issues. Krinkles or no Krinkles, I won't put the group in danger because of some strange kid.”

The man rose from the stool he occupied and paced the room for a brief period of time while the other pokemon conversed among themselves, and the delphox moved to light what looked like a small wood stove in the center of the room. While the man paced, Elena would have time to gather her thoughts, perhaps formulate and voice a question or two. If this was all too much for her to take in at once though, then the man would be the one to break the silence between them. ”Alright, let's try this again. My name is Rupert, don't giggle, and your name was what again? I'm sure you have a few things you want to ask so let's get that out of the way first.”

Rupert would pick up his earlier stool and set it next to the stove to warm his hands and start the process of drying his clothes. While he did so, Krinkles would leap from the couch and over to her friend, hopping nimbly on his lap and snorting in that odd crinkly way again. Without looking back at Elena the man would mutter, ”Don't mind her. Busted her nose something fierce when we were both knee high to a joltik, and hasn't been able to snort right since.”

--------------------
My Split Personalities
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Deceased / Retired | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.