Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 90
Ml: 45 - Fml: 44 - Oth: 1
OR - 13 | R - 16 | H - 40 | G - 21

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Summer

The onset of the Summer season has led to a swarming of Fire-, Electric-, and Bug-types, overtaking most populations in the Region. In their place, Water- and Grass-types have retreated to the shade and to cooler areas, while Ice-types have all but vanished. The rising temperatures has also led to the annual thaw of the infamously cold Istin City, though it remains the coldest.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Tobias Middleton's Travels, Vagabond
Nda
 Posted: Sep 5 2011, 02:01 AM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 116
Member No. 3
Joined on 15-July 10.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: None

The pokemon that had formed in front of Tobias was certainly not what he had expected. Of course, being on an island meant that several people had water types, but there were also hundreds of travelers who go in and out of the island every day, surely more than a few of them carried more exotic types on them?

Though, it's not like he could afford to be choosy. There was nothing wrong with a solid water type.

Looking up at his new trainer with wide eyes, the Corphish clicked his claws slowly in response, obviously confused at the abrupt change of scenery and handler. Even Toby's explanation wasn't entirely convincing, so he might have to do a bit better than that if the two of them were to get along well in the future. The crayfish pokemon, still mildly disoriented, scuttled a bit to the right, and then to the left, eying his surroundings carefully. He turned back up to Tobias, clicked his claws again and scuttled towards the rogue trainer shyly. It appears that the young Corphish has come to terms with its new living arrangements and would attempt to get to know his new handler. Which is a good thing, because during times like these, it's important to have at least one person or pokemon on your side.

Now that introductions have been taken care of, the next reasonable thing to do was to keep a low profile for a few hours, as the young woman on the beach looked like the type of person to round the troops in search for her missing pokemon and pack. In fact, the leather bag might be a dead give away should he venture near that area for a while. Unless he was able to drift back into town and intermingle with the tourists, he should stay out of sight lest he be rightfully accused of stealing someone else's belongings.

Not to mention with gold on his head, getting caught is one thing. Getting caught and recognized is a whole different beast.

Tobias allowed himself to weigh his options. He could head back into town, perhaps trade off a few of his newly pocketed items for things more useful or valuable. Then again, he could venture further into the wooded areas of the island, despite the unusual terrain that he was unaccustomed to. As he considered those, Corphish became distracted by movement in a nearby underbrush, a movement that Tobias may not have recognized on his own but was definitely distinctive for the slightly rural area.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted image

Nora Jean Wilkins
Profile | Travels

| PM |
^
Vagabond
 Posted: Sep 9 2011, 09:36 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 40
Member No. 19
Joined on 4-September 11.

Characters:
N/A

Somewhat surprised by the little red-orange pokemon, Toby watched his new partner for a few minutes, before piping up somewhat awkwardly. He wasn't really sure if this was how it worked, but he was willing to give it a try. "Corphish, you need a name. Would you... would you mind if I named you Reginald? I'll call you Regi for short." He reached out to rest a hand on the water pokemon's head/back area, just behind its crest of spikes. "I have some candy with me, you know. You can have it..."

Toby was fishing out the rare candies he'd taken and unwrapping them when the brush rustled. He gave the candies to Regi for him to eat, and asked somewhat shyly, "What's in the bushes, Regi? Want to go look? I'll come with you, but after we look, we should move farther into this woodsy area. I, uh, well. I was framed for something I didn't do, so now I'm hiding from people who would hurt me if they caught me. I was..." he remembered his previous story for the corphish carefully, "..working for the resort in disguise to try and make enough money to get away somewhere safer for me, but I have to live out here, at least for now. I can't go back to that job now, though. The guardians are everywhere because of a big mess with the money. I might be able to hide in the city, but for now, let's go camping out here. It'll be fun, right?" Toby the cheerful.

Curious, Toby himself edged forward and put a hand out to part the brush and see what was behind it making that noise.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 12:31 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Total Posts: 827
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:
Lyra Sparrow | Gregory Beauchamp

As Toby moved his hands towards the brush, there was another slight rustle. It was too quiet for it to be a human, so he calmed a little. He slowly moved the brush back to find something a little unexpected. A Sewaddle was wrapped up, it's body protected by it's leaf. It was sleeping, it seemed that the bug Pokemon had fallen down through the brush and made some rustling. However the grass/bug type pokemon hadn't woken up once, which was a surprise.

Reginald looked at the sleeping Sewaddle. Moving left and right quickly. It was a clever crustaecan. He walked back over to Toby and recieved it's rare candies that Toby had unwrapped for him. It carefully consumed the candies, and then let out a little yell. It had felt itself jump up in power. It had grown by two levels, and in the process had learnt a new move. Toby watched as it made it's shell harder, a gleam shone across it. Reginald had learned to use Harden. A great move for defense.

The Sewaddle wasn't affecting Toby so Reginald looked to him and spoke. "Cor?? Corphish?" It seemed that his Pokemon was asking whether or not he wanted Reginald to do something about the Pokemon. Did Toby want another Pokemon, or did he just want to leave the immediate area as he had first expressed after getting Reginald? Whatever the case, the Sewaddle wasn't a threat, so he didn't have to stay in the area. Sewaddle moved a bit, it was still sleeping though. Reginald stood and waited for some direction from his handler.

Wild Pokemon:

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/540.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
Lv. 4 Currently Sleeping. None threatening

Tobias used his Two Rare Candies on Reginald.
Reginald grew to Level 7 and learned Harden.

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Vagabond
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 08:12 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 19

Characters:
N/A

Toby's eyes widened and he sat back on his heels, still kneeling. A real wild pokemon, and one that was neither running away from or attacking him. It was... adorable. For a worm. Something about the sleeping pokemon made him glance around quickly before lowering his guard. He really liked it. He glanced at Reginald, who seemed quite curious too. Toby scooted back a bit to pat the small red pokemon, smiling. "It's okay, Reginald. It's a little... a little.. uh..." He checked his pokecard carefully. "A sewaddle..." Toby pronounced the name very carefully, before putting away the card and leaning forward on his hands. "I want to make friends with it, Reginald. I've never gotten to do that with a pokemon before. Not one that wasn't already mine. How can we wake it up without scaring it?"

The corphish clicked its claws a couple times, thinking. Finally, it produced a bubble from its mouth that popped on Toby's skin lightly. He could definitely feel it, but it more of a nudge than the punch that the attack would normally make. "Corr?"

Toby grinned. "Thanks, Reg, but I don't want it to think we're trying to battle it. Maybe if I just... touch it, gently, maybe wiggle it a bit?"

He put his shoulder in the bush so he wouldn't have to hold it, and reached over to the small bug. Very carefully, he touched the little hooded bug's head with two fingers. If that didn't work, he would have to try to shake it just a little bit. "Hey... sewaddle? Wake up, please? I want to see your face. Maybe we can be friends. I don't want to battle you..."

This was so undignified, crouching in the dirt and rotten leaves and sand like this. He would have to be very careful to clean up his clothes afterwards. He did so detest dirt -- especially on his fine clothes! Toby pushed away the irritation, grumbling mentally. He didn't want the little bug to see it on his face, after all.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Sep 24 2011, 09:18 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Total Posts: 827
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:
Lyra Sparrow | Gregory Beauchamp

It didn't take long for the sleeping Pokemon to wake. It wrapped itself from it's leaf and streched out. "Waddle?" It looked Toby straight in the eye. It put it's head on an angle, it seemed that it was weighing Toby out in it's mind. She then glanced down to see Toby kneeling on the floor. For once it seemed that the human was interested in her as a whole, not just a target practice.

Somehow the bug could see in Toby's face that he hated the dirt. So to make him able to stand up, she crawled up his leg and body and onto his shoulder. So it seemed that this Sewaddle had taken a liking to Toby. She then realised that Toby had another pokemon. It appeared that Sewaddle hadn't ever seen a Water type. Reginald just looked up at the worm. It wasn't threatening Toby or himself so he wasn't bothered by the fact it was on Toby's shoulder.

Sewaddle then decided to move down Toby's back into his pack and pushed an empty Pokeball onto the floor. Reginald watched, it was unsure what Sewaddle was doing. Toby then felt the weight of the bug disappear from his back. It seemed that the bug had jumped off and landed on the Pokeball, which immediatly sucked it inside. Toby turned around to witness the Pokemon be captured without a fuss, and without a battle. The ball locked immediatly, meaning that Sewaddle had not put up a fight at all!

Reginald didn't move, he seemed quite shocked by it all, and went to investigate the Pokeball. Toby then walked over and picked it up. It seemed that he had already made a new friend.

Sewaddle Captured
-1 Pokeball

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Vagabond
 Posted: Sep 27 2011, 06:59 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 19

Characters:
N/A

Tobias Middleton had just made his very first pokemon capture. Ever. Somewhat overawed, he sat down with a bump (after, of course, making sure there was a nice layer of grass and leaves between his trousers and the dirt), cradling the pokeball with both hands. He was beaming. "Look, Reg! I... I caught a pokemon! It's ours! I've... I've never done this before. It feels really good. Better than my old gourmet chef's cooking!"

Eagerly, he quickly pressed the button on the pokeball and released the worm. He shrank it and set it in his lap, cross-legged, and picked up the sewaddle. "I've never caught a pokemon before... Thank you so much. I've also never seen a pokemon like you. Reggie, have you ever seen one before?" He patted the small worm's head, listening to it make pokemon noises. Reginald might have been his first pokemon to raise, but nothing could quite compare to catching one himself, not that he didn't really like the corphish too.

"One thing I have seen before, though, is a battle. That's how you guys get stronger, mostly. What do you two say to either having a practice battle or going out to find some other pokemon to practice against? I haven't done this in a really long time, but I won't force you two to fight if you really don't want to. I'm afraid going into town isn't the best idea for me right now..." he paused, then decided he could trust his pokemon friends.

Toby gestured for the corphish to come sit with him, too, and let the crab come and sit beside him with his front half resting on his leg. Toby looked around carefully to make sure there was no one in earshot before he started his story. "See, I... I'm in trouble with the Guardians, and I'm hiding here. I cant... really remember what happened -- I think I hit my head -- but they found me unconscious in a shop where three people got... killed. I don't think I could have done it. I'm really really squeamish, but..." he got really quiet, "I can't remember, so I don't know for sure."

He sat in silence for a minute or two. "I'm... well, it's something of a necessity, but I'm a rogue now. I don't think I can really get you healed right now, with Guards everywhere over the counterfeiting thing, and... If we want money, we'll probably have to either battle or steal for it. No one will hire me. My face is all over the region. I really wish I could remember. Please don't be afraid of me or run away, I swear I won't hurt you. I don't think I've ever hurt anyone before that, ever." He dropped his eyes to the ground, only to remember that sewaddle was cradled right there in his arms. Suddenly he was overwhelmed with guilt, and confessed to his corphish. "Reginald... I kind of... stole you from your old handler. She was asleep, and I desperately needed a partner, and I just kind of... took her bag with me. There wasn't much in it. If you... If you hate me now, I wouldn't blame you. Sewaddle, do you still trust me?"

--------------------
| PM |
^
hagr87
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 12:43 PM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Members
Total Posts: 131
Member No. 16
Joined on 26-August 11.

Characters:
Ursula Atwyll

Reginald's eyes glazed over at the thief's revelations, and here they were actually having some fun. It was a tough pill to swallow but the Water-type could detect sincerity in his voice, Corphish wasn't going to hold a desperate man's actions against him. A few happy clicks of its pincers as if they were castanets, and Regi chirped happily. It was obvious he would make a very dependable friend from now on.

Sewaddle had become smitten with the man, he was the first human to never try their hand at squashing her like the bug she was. It was nice to be respected and seen as an equal. The part Bug-type would allow herself to be loved by this fellow for a little longer, she squeaked merrily and nibbled on Tobias' clothing approvingly.

It was Tobias' lucky day, both Pokemon had been won over by his bleeding heart heartfelt story. However, it was apparent that this was going to be short lived. Further down the brush the rogue could see a blue monkey-like creature standing in front of a young man, who couldn't be a day over seventeen. “I know who you are!” he yelled out while keeping his hand on the sword he carried by his side. It didn't take long before the trigger-happy handler ordered his Panpour to attack, Water Gun!” The Water-type did not skip a beat upon hearing its master's order, a high-pressure stream of liquid shot from its mouth and hit the trio, dead-on.

They were sent back just a few feet, just a bit muddy from the attack, no actual harm done. However, it gave the two attackers the advantage of pushing the perceived threat into the sandy clearing, here they could battle without allowing Tobias a chance to flee easily. It was up to the rogue, technically, he can escape it would just cost him a little effort seeing as this young man had no intention of letting off.

So Far:
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/515.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 06
vs.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/341corphish.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 07

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/540.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 04

| PM |
^
Vagabond
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 06:54 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 19

Characters:
N/A

Horror spread across Tobias's face like someone had thrown an egg at it, before slowly changing to an indignant fury more befitting the status he once held. He spluttered, "How DARE you? You impudent child! I don't know who you think you are speaking to, but you, sir, will pay for ruining my clothing!"

He made sure his pokemon were able to rise to the challenge, and issued his first orders to his pokemon with the air of a man who once battled extensively. "Reginald, I want you to use mud sport to cover those swine and obscure their vision. While you do so, you should use harden, which should not take too much effort. Keep the water type away from sewaddle, and use body slam on that monkey at your first opportunity after those moves. Sewaddle, you stay back here, I would like you to use string shot on the monkey, then gather the sunlight and prepare for a solar beam attack!"

Toby narrowed his eyes. He would NOT let this kid get the better of him. He couldn't -- he was a Middleton! ...and he had finally made friends with his own very first captured pokemon, and made his peace with his stolen corphish. He hated to do it, but after the battle, he would have to stop the lad, somehow. Maybe sewaddle could tie him up with grass knots and string shots and he could take the boy to the industrial plant and leave him in the care of the doorstep belonging whichever trictess ruled there with a note on his chest with a well placed lie or two. He couldn't stand to hurt the kid. He was just that, a kid, and besides, he was horribly squeamish. He sincerely hoped he wouldn't have to hurt him.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Janessa
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 07:47 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Members
Total Posts: 230
Member No. 28
Joined on 16-September 11.

Characters:
Nesasio (deceased), Eirabella De'Rege, Adeliza "Adda" Wood

Awards: 1

At first the boy was kind of shocked and put out by Tobias' furious reaction. He took an involuntary step backward- but then he found his confidence and determination once more. "Oh no I won't! You can't make me do anything, and by the end of this battle, you'll be begging me for mercy!" He shouted back, before pointing dramatically at Tobias' Corphish. "Panpour, I want you Scald that Corphish!!" He ordered his Panpour before letting his hand drop back down to rest on the hilt of his sword. This teenager was certainly out to cause some trouble for Tobias.

Tobias' Corphish managed to get his first two attacks in before the Panpour got the opportunity to use scald. Mud went flying toward the Panpour and its handler, splattering them both across the face, and the Corphish glowed slightly as its shell began hardening. The Corphish had good aim when it came to tossing mud, apparently. The teenager roared angrily, although it wasn't quite as fearsome as Tobias' roar had been. The mud-splotched pair quickly wiped at their faces in an attempt to regain their vision.

While they were distracted, Corphish had finished hardening his shell, and the newly-caught Sewaddle had flung string at the water monkey, and then begun charging up a Solar Beam. Just like Tobias had hoped for. However, that definitely did not mean that this battle was going to go smoothly. The Panpour had cleared his vision. As soon as the Corphish had finished up hardening his shell, it was hit in the face with scalding hot water. Obviously it wasn't too bad- given the Corphish's water type- but still. Scalding hot water is bound to be painful. Luckily, the Corphish wasn't burned this time around. However, the Panpour wasn't finished.

The water monkey attacked with another scald attack, although this one was aimed for the Sewaddle. Corphish tried to block the attack, but the Sewaddle was hit, and lost her concentration. She frowned, looking mighty sad. Just as the Panpour started to celebrate its victory over the Sewaddle, it was hit hard in the stomach by the Corphish, who had used body slam.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/515.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif lvl 6
-a bit hurt from the body slam, but still very ready for battle.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/341corphish.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif lvl 7
-not hurt much from the scald attack, still ready and able to fight.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/540.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif lvl 4
-hurting from the scald attack, sad because her solar beam attack failed.

--------------------
Nesasio, my lovely.
Profile ~ Travels

Eirabella, my guilty.
Profile ~ Travels
user posted imageuser posted image

Adda, my maternal.
Profile ~ Travels
user posted image

PCR
| PM || Email |
^
Vagabond
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 08:54 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 19

Characters:
N/A

Noticing the kid put his hand to his blade, Toby pulled out his bow and Notched an arrow. He wasn't about to release it, just threaten the kid. "Touch that handle again and you'll be finding a different one protruding from your chest. You say you know me. You tell me whether I'm bluffing."

He glanced at sewaddle, telling it kindly, "That's alright. Sometimes it doesn't work, all we can do is keep trying no matter what. Now, Reginald, show that wretch of a guttersnipe a REAL scald, and harden again first, follow up that scald with a waterfall charge. Take as many hits for sewaddle as you can; the last one was a good effort. Next time intercept it with a mud sport so you don't have to run around so much." Toby stared the kid down, and for a full grown man with such an overpowering confidence, he sure hoped it was having an effect. He was in his element now, and at last: coaching pokemon in a battle.

"Sweaddle, you can do it. Just try again, and if it interrupts you, retaliate with anything you'd like that keeps you out of its physical range. String shot again -- tie up that shit-flinging, slack jawed ape. Try again with the solarbeam. If it fires off an attack at you again, do your best to dodge it. Don't worry if it fails, you're young yet and everyone is allowed to make mistakes."

He arched an eyebrow. If the kid really knew who he was, he wouldn't even think about calling his bluff. A triple murder is a nasty thing. If he really had to defend his two small friends, he would do it, but only so that the pigheaded teen couldn't run away. He could have sewaddle bind any wound with string shot if he really needed to. He didn't like it, but if he was lucky, the arrow wouldn't cause too much blood to spill, and he was far enough away that- No. He shut off that train of thought before it could affect him. This was a battle, just like between pokemon. A battle of wills rather than powers, maybe, but all was fair in love and war. Right?

--------------------
| PM |
^
Janessa
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 09:32 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Members
Member No. 28

Characters:

The young male jerked backwards when Tobias suddenly whipped out his bow and notched an arrow. He was confused as to why the man had suddenly turned violent- before that moment, he had seemed content to let his Pokemon do all the fighting. Then, when Tobias spoke, the teen realized that his opponent had taken his hand's resting position as a threat of some kind. The teen scoffed. "Come off it, old man. I'm not aiming to kill you yet. Paranoid, are we?" He said, without moving his hand a muscle. If the old man was threatened by the fact that he was resting his hand on the hilt of his sword- which just so happened to be where it was comfortable- well, that was the old man's problem, and he could just deal with it. "I won't have to do a thing, as a matter of fact- my Pokemon can take care of my problems for me."

With that, he turned to his Pokemon. He was obviously not worried about the old man attacking him- the teen assumed that as long as he didn't go after Tobias, then Tobias wouldn't go after him. Whether or not that was the correct assumption would become obvious quickly. "Panpour, you're more agile than that crab, aren't you? Don't let him catch you by surprise again." He ordered tersely. The Panpour scowled and nodded- the water monkey obviously knew that he had messed up the last time.

The teen mentally squirmed underneath Tobias' glower- truth be told, he was slightly frightened of the man, but he managed to stand his ground, ignoring the little voice in his mind that was squealing 'runrunrunrunrun!'

Once again, the Corphish got the jump on the Panpour. Tobias' water-type started off by hardening its shell just a bit more, and quickly followed that with a scald. The Panpour dodged the boiling water by somersaulting to the right. "Aqua Ring!" The teen shouted out to his Pokemon while it was performing its acrobatics. As soon as the Panpour's feet hit the ground again, it stopped moving and then began to shimmer faintly as it absorbed water and healed itself a bit. The Panpour continued to shimmer afterward; the healing properties of aqua ring would last for a few turns before wearing off. "Now, scald both Pokemon!"

Oh, but the Corphish wasn't done just yet. Before the Panpour could begin his attacks, the Corphish followed up his scald attack with a waterfall. This attack hit the Panpour right in the chest and sent him flying backward- but at least the monkey landed on his feet. The Panpour reacted immediately, shooting a scald first at the Corphish, and then at the Sewaddle. Corphish dodged the scald that was aimed with him, and instead intercepted the one that was meant for the Sewaddle. He intercepted it physically, instead of with an attack- it was just more convenient this time around. However, the Corphish paid the price- this time, the scald inflicted a burn.

While all of that was going on, the Sewaddle had gotten back to business, encouraged by her new handler's words. She had shot a string shot, but the Panpour had dodged it when it did that somersault thing. This time, however, she was not so easily discouraged, and she moved right along to charging a solar beam. There was a glow in front of her, steadily growing stronger.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/515.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif lvl 6
-a little worse for wear than last turn, but the aqua ring is keeping him well enough to keep fighting.
egg move: aqua ring

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/341corphish.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif lvl 7
-starting to feel a bit of pain. In addition, he is burned, and he'll start feeling the pain from it soon.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/540.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif lvl 4
-doing just fine, chargin' up that solar beam.

--------------------
Nesasio, my lovely.
Profile ~ Travels

Eirabella, my guilty.
Profile ~ Travels

Adda, my maternal.
Profile ~ Travels
user posted image

PCR
| PM || Email |
^
Vagabond
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 09:56 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 19

Characters:
N/A

"Who're you calling old man? If I'm old to you, then you truly are an infant. I'll stand down, but you move that blade and my arrow's burrowing itself in your flesh." He untensed his bow and arrow, but held it at his side where it would take but an instant to ready it once more. Toby nodded his approval of his two pokemon, and looked at Reginald's burn.

"Reginald, use your mud sport to put a little bit of cool, wet mud on that. It'll help it feel better and keep it from rubbing too much for a while until we can get that taken care of. That monkey's got a bit of a trick up its sleeve with that healing move, but it won't do enough to stop us. It's time for you to let your ability kick in. Let Adaptability power up all your water moves. This time, unbar all the stops. We're standing on a beach, aren't we? I want you to combine your scald with a surf attack. Even a jumping monkey will have trouble avoiding a boiling wave. Make sure you angle it away from us so sewaddle doesn't get hurt. I want you to keep on using harden, too, every chance you get, and keep blocking those attacks." He would get his revenge for that burn one way or another.

He looked at the small worm carefully, keeping an eye on its diligent efforts. "If you can manage it without losing the energy, I'd appreciate it if you could try again with a string shot on that blue clown. If it's going to disrupt that solar beam in any way, then I want you to use the solar beam attack at the first good shot you can get, and then use string shot afterwards when you're not occupied, alright? If you miss with the string shot, go for a grass knot to tangle up its feet so you don't spend too much energy after that big attack. You're doing great. Remember you can use your Chlorophyll to give yourself a little extra speed out here on this sunny beach. It is summer, after all."

Toby returned his glare to the boy's eyes, trying to beat him into making a nervous mistake by sheer force of will. He drew himself now to his full height, making sure that the quality of his clothes were clear, despite the mud that conveniently obscured the faded colors. In his own mind, he was the picture of his old nobility, and he carried himself like it. This kid was still just that, a kid. A shopkeep's brat to carry the potato sacks and fetch him his lunch, only this time, he was dead set on the idea that his pokemon would make this guy's panpour their lunch, in a manner of speaking. He had experience on his side, and he was by no means decrepit yet.

A thought snuck into his mind, a thought to be settled only after he had soundly beaten the upstart whelp. Who did this kid really think he, Tobias Middleton, was? the face on the posters or someone else entirely? He set it aside to worry about later. He was busy.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Janessa
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 10:31 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Members
Member No. 28

Characters:

The teenager felt quite satisfied when the old man decided to stand down. A somewhat smug smile brought up the corners of his lips. He felt... justified, somehow, or like he had just won a small victory as a precursor to his bigger victory, which would be the Pokemon battle, of course. And that would lead to an even larger victory, as he would then turn the man in and collect the bounty. That bounty would do a lot to help in times like these, when the economy was suffering as it was. But, he couldn't dream about the future too much. After all, he had a Pokemon battle to attend to.

This time, he was going to make sure that his Panpour managed to get an attack or to in before the Corphish. "Counter the hardens it has been using with a leer- and then shoot a scald attack once more!" It was obvious that the water monkey's movepool was limited, but he was doing pretty good despite that fact. The Panpour caught the Corphish's gaze and gave the crab-like Pokemon a wicked glare. Corphish shivered despite himself, and his defense was lowered. It didn't make too much of a difference, considering he already had used plenty of hardens, and was in the process of using yet another one. Still, that Panpour had a creepy glare. He tried to shake it off, and then applied the mud sport to his burns like Tobias had commanded.

Then, Corphish had to close his eyes and concentrate quite a bit for this next attack. Surf, combined with scald, and on top of that, he could not let his teammate, the Sewaddle, be hit by it. While he was concentrating, he was hit in the face with that boiling water. It hurt, a lot. But he ignored the pain for now, and soon his efforts paid off. From out of nowhere, a wave of bubbling, boiling, steaming water appeared and washed over the Panpour, causing the monkey to disappear from everyone's view as it was temporarily submerged.

A moment later, the water washed away, leaving the battlefield and the Panpour both a wet mess. The aqua ring healed the Panpour just a bit, taking the edge off of the scald-surf attack, but he could not deny that the clever attack had hurt him quite a bit. "Well, Panpour, that Corphish isn't any better than you. Do the same thing!"

The Corphish couldn't move. He was completely exhausted from executing attack after attack. Tobias was very clever with his strategies and combinations, but Corphish just couldn't keep up with him, not yet. He had to stop to catch his breath. And so, when the Panpour created his own scalding wave, Corphish had no chance of dodging- he was hit dead-on. When the water disappeared once more, Corphish stood, panting (if a crab can pant, that is), for just a moment. Then he collapsed, fainted.

The Panpour, who was almost as injured and tired as the Corphish had been, stood victorious. Perhaps it was only the fact that he hadn't ever acquired a burn that had saved him. "Yes!" The teenage handler hissed, feeling quite accomplished and proud.

Out of nowhere, a beam of bright yellow-green light lit up the battlefield, encompassing the Panpour. When the light faded, the Panpour was face-down on the ground, fainted. And the unassuming Sewaddle stood there, happy as could be. She had won, after all. Who would have guessed?

Corphish gained 1.25 experience points.
Sewaddle gained 4 experience points.

Tobias' Sewaddle made a strange, gleeful chirping noise and ran over to Tobias, hugging his leg. She felt so happy! She wanted Tobias to praise her for doing a good job and fainting that Panpour. It had been a while since she had won a battle, after all.

However, the teenager took advantage of the distraction, recalling his Panpour and then taking off through the woods. Tobias could choose to pursue him, if he wished, but he did have a fainted and burned Pokemon that needed some attention, as well.

--------------------
Nesasio, my lovely.
Profile ~ Travels

Eirabella, my guilty.
Profile ~ Travels

Adda, my maternal.
Profile ~ Travels
user posted image

PCR
| PM || Email |
^
Vagabond
 Posted: Oct 7 2011, 07:35 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 19

Characters:
N/A

Toby swore, recalling Reginald and scooping up Sewaddle. He couldn't let that brat get back to the city and get him arrested! He sprinted after the kid the instant that the little worm pokemon was in his arms. He praised it breathlessly. "Fantastic, sewaddle. I-I'll give you a better reward later. Right n-now, we've got to catch that kid before he gets me killed. Sewaddle, it's you and me, Reginald i-is out for now. Use String Shot on h-his legs!! Keep at it till he comes crashing down, then bind him up g-good!" Toby lifted up the bug to give it as close a shot as he could manage, crashing through the undergrowth. The kid might have his youth, but hopefully Toby's long legs could make up at least some of the difference.

He was worried, now. If he couldn't catch that kid... He shuddered. Toby was really going to have to get out of here. If he could find a healer who didn't know him, maybe do something to change his face a little bit, he could get corphish healed and buy a rod and maybe catch something that could surf him to... somewhere. He fervently wished he owned a psychic who could just make an illusion over his face. He started a mental list. Healing... Super rod... He added a lockpicking kit to the list -- just in case. He never knew when he might be able to use it, but it was sure to come in handy.

Whatever he would do later, though, hinged on the fate of the kid he was chasing right now. He prayed that sewaddle could land her stringshot on him.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Janessa
 Posted: Oct 8 2011, 01:09 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Members
Member No. 28

Characters:

While Toby was able to keep up with the teen, his Pokemon was having less luck with her endeavors. It was difficult for the Sewaddle to aim and difficult to get enough power behind the string-shot to get it to reach the fleeing teenager. Also, the string-shot wasn't an inherently powerful attack. All those things, combined with the Sewaddle's low level, made it so that the bug-type could just not land a decent string shot on the teen. Every now and again, she would land a string shot on the youth's feet or ankles, but it was never enough to stop him.

They were almost out of the route, drawing dangerously close to the city limits. Toby could either think of a new plan, keep going with the current plan and risk heading out into the open, or just stop and let the teenager get away. If he let the boy get away, the smart thing to do would probably be to turn and start running the other way. If the youth's goal was to get the attention of the authorities, it probably wouldn't take him very long to do so.

(Sorry about the... lameness of this post. T_T)

--------------------
Nesasio, my lovely.
Profile ~ Travels

Eirabella, my guilty.
Profile ~ Travels

Adda, my maternal.
Profile ~ Travels
user posted image

PCR
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| Options |Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.