Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Event Update!
Rosalie
 Posted: Feb 29 2016, 03:45 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2321
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1

Healing Mages Find Unprecedented Support, Broaden Ambitions

Despite their would-be untenable position, wedged between the behemoth powers of Church and Guard, the Healing Circle has found incredible support from a small but ambitious group of ardent supporters working to accomplish their ends. The Church is livid, pursuing mages of all kinds with renewed ardor alongside the Guardians of the region as plans go awry and calls to arms fall on timid ears -- but this may soon change.

With the upwelling of support, the Order has gained strengths in spades and the Guard find themselves beset with unusual criminal activity, most notably by those who seem to have some form of supernatural aid. Guardian captains are anxious of the possibility of traitors in their midst, working with rogues of all stripes, and begin to turn an eye to their men in an effort to intimidate them to obedience where their patrons may keep mum rather than dictate to the commoners where their hearts should lie. The Church has no such qualms, and preachers cry the faith on every corner, blessing passerby with chants of protection from magics.

It has begun to come clear what the Order gains from their support of the healers as well, as bodies have started cropping up both in secret and very public places, bled dry from a thousand small wounds or flayed living without a single mark of a knife. Some have blood pooling where eyes had once been or are found in such twisted positions as could never have been natural. Common people's fears are re-energized by the reminder of the power of magic, entire neighborhoods beset by foul illnesses that stop at eerily defined borders or affect only pokemon in ways reminiscent of the plague of the past. The healers are silent, but the source is clear, for what can heal may also unheal.

Nor are the healers anything more than human -- given the opportunity to project themselves forward into positions of greater power where once their most dearly held hopes had been to escape unscathed, the Circle has opted to take advantage of their momentum and seize what they can. Credos have begun to echo those of certain Tricks, or even certain nobles and mage-masters who claim that those who are superior have the right, nay, the obligation, to rule and as they see fit.

Base level healers seek to distance themselves from their faction's growing strength and ambition, but with these reminders of all that even a modest village healer is capable of... All who claim the magic are in danger. A healer of bruises could, after all, return every bruise a body has felt to the surface and damage the blood vessels anew to leak vital humors through the body beneath the skin until the amplification of old bumps exsanguinates a victim in their own skin. Their offenses are creative and deadly, and as more and more are attacked or find their homes torched or looted in their absence, even village healers are prey to their human emotions: anger, grief, the desire for revenge.

Harper's Passion supporters cloak themselves in indignant, self-righteous fury as they work ferociously to rebalance the region's political powers, and with some success -- were it not for their influence, it is possible that the region would have seen an all out civil war begin. Balance has been lost, and now the Guardians and Church are fighting to regain their historical upper hand while the Circle endeavors to keep their advantage and all wait, fearful, for the mages' coming rejoinder: it is unlike them to remain so silent and still for so long...

Prizes, Freeform Prompts, and PvP!

We've decided to allow anyone and everyone to claim up to the first tier of their factions prizes if they qualify this month! We want to keep interest high and let you all show off your loyalties with profile badges, so reply to this topic to claim your prizes with a link to your tracker and any secondary character accounts for each! You may still use your one-time faction change even after claiming the tier, but be aware that upon changing factions you will lose the prizes/have the effects of the prizes reversed!

However, it important to note that magical gifts and items are not transferable. Players may only send regular items and egg counts to their other characters.

In addition, more freeform prompts are being added to mix things up and a few player-versus-player fighting prompts are being introduced into the mix! Stand by for these additions! All previous freeform prompts will still be available for play.

Finally, another long anticipated development is the unveiling of a topic on magic and its ties to the Order of the Masque that will answer many questions that have been asked over the years and especially the past couple months.. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png

Onwards!

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Feb 29 2016, 05:15 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 765
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:
Jonna Shipston, Brenda Shiell, Yngve Tessel

Awards: 5

Well, Jonna has finished her "What you learn as child" freeform, so there are at least the four posts needed for the first prizes. Please give me badge http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/7.png

Oh, and Brenda has four in Leroy Jenkins.

Tracker is here

Done! except, what berries would you like? pick any 5! for brenda.

Whoops, missed that.
Brenda is taking 3 Sitrus berries and 2 Enigma (if this is possible, if not then Yache and a Chople berry)

Done.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Feb 29 2016, 08:15 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1614
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Posts are in the tracker in my signature! As of this post, Alexander has 36 posts and Anne has 7.

Alexander Fitzgerald -- DONE

Amarie learns Knock Off.

Anne Capet -- DONE

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Mar 1 2016, 03:29 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 781
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

Tracker is here. Also in the sig now, but meh.

Kat's at 12 posts and 1 successful for Harper's Passion, so yay on her part...

Should get the badge, 2 random TMs, and 5 berries of my choice...hmm.

3 Lum and 2 Sitrus for her, please!

Done.

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
Air Sylph
 Posted: Mar 1 2016, 09:40 AM
| Quote |

Boom-boom!
Members
Total Posts: 265
Member No. 553
Joined on 5-September 12.

Characters:
Michael Killigrew, Macha Fury

Awards: 2

I would like to get Tier 1 Rewards for Mai and 27. Schism tracker is in my sig! http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png

For Mai:
Pokecard Upgrade - Dimmer
Specialty Pokeballs - Luxury Ball, Cherish Ball, Net Ball

Can the Luxury Ball and Net Ball be given to 27 instead? Mai has 5 (and soon to be 6) Pokemon already http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png Thanks!

Done. Luxury + Net Balls to 27.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Johanna Murdoc
 Posted: Mar 2 2016, 10:43 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Members
Total Posts: 340
Member No. 468
Joined on 26-July 12.

Characters:
N/A

Church supporter.
Tracker.

Award Badge
150 gold
Small Blessing of Knowledge (3 Character EXP)

Thanks

Done. Everyone on Johanna's team gains two levels.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
Lune . Ghost . Vita . Sol
Alvar Holdt
| PM |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Mar 2 2016, 11:02 PM
| Quote |

The Sultan/Paladin of Salads
Background Mods
Total Posts: 562
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: 3

Ooh, tier rewards for Hadrian, I would love those please.

Hadrian's tracker

Would like dat Award Badge, two randomized TMs, and you know what, randomize all five berries. I don't care what I get!

Hadrian gets TMs Infestation and Torment, along with (2) Oran berries, (1) Sitrus berry, (1) Rawst berry, and (1) Enigma berry.

EDIT:

Ameridan just finally got four posts... in the Tracker link above, his posts and the topics he's in are there. I know they're not counted yet, but he has four posts and thus I'd like to get the first tier rewards for him.

Would like a pokecard upgrade - Long-Distance Recall.

Specialty balls to be... 2x Friend Ball and a Love Ball please!

Done.

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

Carni: Nothing is impossible as long as there's enough BS to cushion it.
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arrior
 Posted: Mar 3 2016, 02:13 PM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Members
Total Posts: 128
Member No. 1758
Joined on 20-August 14.

Characters:
None yet

Aifric's Tracker is Here to look at, and he currently has one finished freeform - Med express, with 6 posts, so I qualifiy for the tier 1 rewards!

I'd like the Award Badge, the First Aid Kit and the 2 Rare Candies- and can I use these two Rare Candies on Emmeryn, please? Thanks!

Done. Emmeryn gains +1 Happiness Bar and learns the move Minimize.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Seasons
 Posted: Mar 4 2016, 10:09 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Members
Total Posts: 163
Member No. 1183
Joined on 28-August 13.

Characters:
N/A

Reached four posts/one completed freeform. Vinolas Aguilon's Thread Tracker has the link to MedExpress.

Rewards:
Award Badge - Healers' Circle
First Aid Kit (Full Heal 2x, Super Potion 2x, Max Revive 2x)
(2) Rare Candies

Done.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Mindir
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 08:37 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 765
Member No. 991
Joined on 19-May 13.

Characters:
Jonna Shipston, Brenda Shiell, Yngve Tessel

And Yngve has just got his fourth post, here
He is supporting the mages.

I would like to get yet another badge, The dowsing function on the Pokecard and let me get a Quick Ball, Nest ball and a Dusk ball

Done.

--------------------
Brenda Shiell's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
Pokemon

Yngve Tessel's
user posted image
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Gry's
Profil - - Travel
pokemon

Retired

Tracker - - PCR
| PM |
^
Flight
 Posted: Mar 30 2016, 12:04 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Total Posts: 1014
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Seung Han, Iuchra Nic Longáin

Why u all so early.

Claiming Tier 1 rewards for Seung Han (Harper's Passion) and Eryn Norwood (Healing Circle). Their appropriate award badges should go to the accounts Heron and Mirage, respectively.

For Seung, I'd like (2) Lum berries, (1) Yache berry, (1) Chople berry, and (1) Coba berry.

Did this myself (the wonders of Mod Powers).

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Seung
profile & travels
-
user posted image

please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR | Iuchra | Tracker
| PM |
^
August
 Posted: Mar 31 2016, 02:58 AM
| Quote |

Tribal Rebel
Background Mods
Total Posts: 100
Member No. 779
Joined on 5-January 13.

Characters:
N/A

If I could get my Mage's Guild Tier 1 rewards for the 4 posts counted in this Tracker that'd be fantastic!

For the pokecard upgrade, I'll take: Map Upgrade: Locates berry trees

For the pokeballs: 2 x Quick Balls and 1 x Luxury Ball

Done.

--------------------

user posted image
Sig by me! Click for Profile!
Skye's Travels ~ Goals ~ GFX Shop
Angelica's Travels ~ Angelica Elsworth
"There it must be, I think, in the vast and eternal laws of matter, and not in the daily cares and sins and troubles of men, that whatever is more than animal within us must find its solace and its hope. I hope, or I could not live."
-The Island of Doctor Moreau
| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 03:40 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 781
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

Edith has just hit 5 posts in Lone and Lost, even if I do plan on editing some of them to lengthen them. Tracker is here and in sig.

Would like...let's see. Mages Guild tier 1 gets the badge (of course), 1 pokecard upgrade of choice, and 3 specialty pokeballs of choice.

Could I get the Dimmer upgrade as the pokecard upgrade please? Seems a smart choice for sneaky rogues.

I'd also like...2 luxury balls and 1 net ball, please!

Done, except for the badge! - Arty

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
Moth
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 04:01 PM
| Quote |

the Rain-loving Volcarona
Background Mods
Total Posts: 778
Member No. 33
Joined on 19-September 11.

Characters:
Alphaea Schneider, Apollo Schilde

Alphaea's reached 4 posts in the Schism, and she's sided with the Church of Arceus, so I'd like to claim the Award Badge, 150 gold, and the 3 Character EXP. XP

Done, except for the badge! - Arty

...and I guess I might as well claim Apollo's badge, first aid kit (Full Heal 2x, Super Potion 2x, Max Revive 2x), and 2 rare candies from the Healers, even if I'm not quite sure yet what to do with him http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png

Done except for the badge! - Arty

--------------------
| PM |
^
Outcast
 Posted: Apr 23 2016, 02:56 AM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Members
Total Posts: 205
Member No. 1621
Joined on 2-June 14.

Characters:
N/A

Andrew has reached his four post mark! 1, 2, 3, and 4
He has sided Harper’s Passion Guild and would like to claim his badge, 2 TMs (Randomized), and 5 berries of choice ( Lum Berry x5 )!
Please and thank you!!!!

I'm assuming Andrew is supposed to be Maverick. Done, except for the badge! - Arty

yes, sorry. thank you!
| PM |
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Harper Tribune | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (2) 1 2  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.