Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Eleanor "Nora" Harte's Travels, RogueUser
W
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 06:19 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 264
Member No. 2309
Joined on 28-December 16.

Characters:
Aneirin "Nirin/Nye" Vaughan, ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

Awards: 2

{hi, rogue! remember to keep track of egg counts, and if you need any answers or whatnot, just message anyone on the staff team. if you don’t already know your egg type, just pm any admin! happy travels!}

RP sample

Once she left the merchant who was already packed up and on his route to leave, Nora would find herself near the inn of Miramossa. The inn itself was quieter than usual today, although that might’ve been because of the darkening sky that loomed above the southern route four. It painted the sky in a weird tinted color, dark greys and misty oranges that could even be seen from the town. While Miramossa didn’t get the sandstorms, it wasn’t uncommon to hear the storms brewing and the march of some guardians from neighboring towns once the sands settled, but for some reason, this particular sandstorm would be rather… attractive to Nora.

It would start with the appearance of a little girl, about eleven years old, who ran up to her. She wore bright colored clothing, and her face was covered from the sun. She looked around desperately, trying to find if someone else was around before she approached Nora, “Miss, please. I need your help, please,” the girl begged, even before she said anything else. It was a little strange – just a random little girl in the middle of nowhere, without any Pokemon, or even without any parents? It was definitely a strange scene.

“Miss please,” the girl repeated. She shuffled closer to Nora. From the part of her face that was exposed, basically her eyes and forehead, the panic was clear in the girl’s dark irises. She shuffled on bare feet and looked over her shoulder at the darkening sky and then back to Nora, “My family. They’re stuck. The sandstorm is rolling, and I can’t help them. Please, Miss, I need your help,” she added, although there was clear emphasis on the ‘please miss’ which was becoming the repetitive words of the little girl.

Would Nora allow herself to follow the little girl along? Or would Nora decline and find something else to do? She could go into the inn and see if the old couple had wares to buy, or even if they needed help for some petty cash. She could even go about her own way and try to find some interesting Pokemon who were around:

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/396starly.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif - hanging out towards the east, on route three
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/27sandshrew.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif - digging just towards the north, heading towards route five
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/98krabby.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif - hanging out on the shorts of a rather dry looking river towards the west, near the start of route six

Despite what Nora would choose, the little girl wasn’t going to give up. Should Nora deny, the little girl would follow her until the edge of the town and would continue to beg with her favorite two words. If Nora agreed to her begs, the little girl would take Nora’s hand and start to drag her through the odd little town of Miramossa. They’d travel the small distance from the inn into an odd alleyway that had several rundown huts on one side and well to do rich looking houses on the other. It was definitely not south towards the sandstorm.

Maybe this girl wasn’t being exactly truthful. Who knew the mysteries behind her.

--------------------
Aneirin "Nirin/Nye" Vaughan
profile | travels | dev | training

ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

pcr | goals | team | tracker
| PM |
^
RogueUser
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 07:52 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Total Posts: 4
Member No. 2372
Joined on 17-June 17.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: None

{Thank you W! <3}
Egg Count: 1

Wide eyes stared up at the sky, and it took all Nora had to keep from gaping. All chaotic and sort of magnificent, and just in general a woah kind of feeling. Like, serious woah. That definitely wasn't anything that Nora'd seen before. Or even had the slightest clue what it was, or anything. Except for kind of awesome.

Her feet twitched forward, and she bit her lip. She wanted to find out what it was, see it closer and all that. She rocked back on her heels, before tentatively taking a step towards the phenomenona. Her gaze flickered in the direction of the inn, then to the breathtaking chaos in the distance.

Mesmerized as she was, Nora didn't notice the girl until she spoke up. Nora flinched, then clenched her hands into fists, upset at her own ridiculous reaction. It was just a kid. A scared kid at that. She supressed the urge to gnaw at her lip as she awkwardly tried to formulate some kind of response.

"Uhm, I'm really not-" She cut herself off, not even knowing what she was going to say. She glanced around, looking for some other person, but it still looked to be as quiet as before. Unnervingly quiet. Nora wouldn't have ever thought that of all things that she could miss, it'd be the noise of people.

Nora opened her mouth once more, likely about to try and offer some kind of excuse so she could just get out of this whole mess waiting to happen, only to be stunned into silence.

Her family. Oh. Of course it would be. "I- I'll... I'll try to help." Trepidation ran through her, because this was serious business. Like, very serious. Lives on the line, serious. Not really something Nora wanted to agree to. But also not the kind of thing she could refuse, either. She didn't really have a choice with this.

Another glance around the area, but still not a soul in sight. She mentally cursed. She couldn't do this! She wasn't even the least bit qualified! Heck, she didn't even know what a sandstorm was! Regardless, she found herself being dragged along by the girl through the quiet town.

A chill ran down her spine. Her hand twitched, and the hand on hers felt uncomfortably like a shackle. She felt tense and on edge and the touch wasn't helping. "Hey... Where's...Where's your family? Shouldn't we hurry and help..?" It took all she had not to choke on her words. This whole thing didn't feel right. While she didn't have a clue what a sandstorm was, she was pretty sure it wasn't anything like this.

Thoroughly unnerved, her arm twitched. "...Can you, uh, let go? I'll follow, you're not going to, uh, lose me. I said I'd help, didn't I?" She regained some bravo towards the end, trying to hide the sudden mess of nerves that she felt like. Just a kid, she reminded herself. The reminder didn't help all that much.

She felt like some kind of cornered creature, and she wanted to get away, now. Just a kid, she repeated. Nothing to be afraid of, seriously, but she couldn't help feeling entirely on edge. If the kid didn't immediately let go of her arm, Nora would insist on it, becoming increasingly antsy ever second that went by.

--------------------
| PM |
^
W
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 11:53 AM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 264
Member No. 2309
Joined on 28-December 16.

Characters:
Aneirin "Nirin/Nye" Vaughan, ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

Awards: 2

(.6 exp!)

“Please, miss. Please.”

The little girl kept a firm, if not dangerously tight, squeeze on Nora’s hand. As they walked, she seemed oblivious to the strange nature around them. As Nora asked for the little girl to let go of her hand, she tilted her head and those dark chocolate eyes peered up sadly at the slightly older female, “Miss, my family. Please. You have a Pokemon, right?” she quipped, the lull of desperation easily noticed. She just tightened her hand on Nora’s, and pulled her along regardless of whether or not Nora attempted to pry free. It was clear that the little girl wasn’t going to let go.

The alleyway seemed to dip downwards as the walked, zig-zagging through rustically torn apart ghetto homes. It was definitely a weird vision; one side of the alley being completely built up and two story homes, painted in bright reds, vivid oranges and eye-catching yellows, while the other side was torn down and virtually inhabitable, with blankets and sticks holding up most of the ‘houses’. If she was paying attention, Nora would be able to see the houses flickering when she wasn’t looking – sometimes a red house would turn into a dark grey one, or one of the run down houses would suddenly become a mansion where four of the huts were. They would return to how they’d look had she decided to look straight at them, but when she’d turn her head, they’d change again.

The little girl pulled her just a few more steps towards an unholy colored house – a two story rich home on the left that was painted lavender purple with neon green shutters and a dark blue roof. It was definitely a different house that stuck out like a sore thumb. The little girl dragged Nora – or would drag Nora should she try to stop her – up towards the front door, a bright, sunshiny yellow.

As they reached the door, the little girl’s fingers finally let go of Nora. Should Nora decide to try and run, she might’ve found it impossible – the road in which they came was like a huge, gaping black hole, without a bottom to be seen. Even in the murky depths of the darkness, silvers and hues of dark, silvery blues could be seen swirling. If Nora really wanted to take a chance, she could, but the threat of whatever was at the bottom was probably less than what was coming behind the door.

The little girl stared at her, and then her own hand reached the knob and turned it effortlessly. The door opened just a fraction, a couple of centimeters, but just enough for Nora to hear the sound of rushing wind and sand go by. “Please, Miss. Please. My family, miss,” the little girl responded again, desperation and sadness in her voice.

Should Nora decide to step through the sunshine yellow door (or if she hesitated too long and the little girl would pull her in), she’d find herself in the midst of a huge sand storm, so violent that she’d struggle to stay on her feet. She might have to shield her eyes, in case sand threatened to get into them, or keep her mouth closed because she might swallow sand.

The little girl would follow her through the door, and would take her hand, as if unaffected by the raging, painful sand particles that flew without a care in the world. She would guide Nora through the storm and towards a small caravan of two elders, and a young boy about four years old, curled up in their covered wagon as the sand whipped by. Nora would be the first to be brought into the cart, and the little girl would follow. She might be able to get a look around, of vials precariously placed on the floor of the cart, and ornaments of woven strings and beads hanging from the cloth above.

And the first thing offered would be water for Nora and a smile from the elderly woman’s face.

--------------------
Aneirin "Nirin/Nye" Vaughan

ArkBoaz "Ark" Reuter

pcr | goals | team | tracker
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Miramossa | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.