Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Hello Trouble, Shleby and Jackson's random fun times
Shleby
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 05:49 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 50
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

Awards: None

Quinn had been hard at work at the forge for hours, banging away on various pieces of metal. She was exhausted. Never before had she been able to smith for such a long time, and it was a welcome fatigue. The feeling of hammering was still throbbing in her hands as she grabbed her satchel from inside the smithy's storage area and started making her way back to town.

As she walked along the short path, she grinned proudly. Quinn was so happy that she had finally found a master to teach her to smith professionally. How many years would he be able to guide her? How long would it take for her to be a master craftsman of her own? These questions floated around in her mind as she finally made her way to her destination. The tavern.

Her dirty, calloused hand pushed the door open and she stepped inside. Almost immediately she bumped into a slightly inebriated gentleman who swiftly turned around and exclaimed "Watch it ya bastard, ye almost made me spill my ale!" He was a large man, too large almost. 'Could I even possibly budge you?' she thought as she frowned, then said "I'm sorry, I didn't see you behind the door."

The giant man scowled, and it became almost immediately apparent that the fellow wanted a fight. "You fuckin' liar, i know you did it on purpose." He slapped a giant hand on Quinn's soot covered rump and shook her a bit. "Let's you an' me do somethin' about that eh?" he slurred as his mug laden hand started to move backward as if he were going to hit her. 'Great...'

--------------------
Quinn Fox

Profile | Travels | Development | Training | Tracker | PCR
user posted imageuser posted image
Slug | Mysha
| PM || Email |
^
Ringel3294
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 06:10 AM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Total Posts: 12
Member No. 2383
Joined on 26-July 17.

Characters:
N/A

Alexander sighed as he heard the commotion coming from the front of the entrance. It was as almost a weekly occurrence that he had to break up one fight or another. Standing up and stretching out his limbs, the lean warrior walked over and placed a hand with a light squeeze on the drunkard's shoulder. Leaning in close so that only the man could hear, the young man let a growl escape his lips. "I suggest you remove your hand from the lady's rear and continue your evening away from her," he said with a menacing growl. "Unless you'd like to spend a night with the other drunks that have been rounded up this evening."

The guardian could almost feel the man stiffen under his grip. It was less about the size, as Alexander was smaller than the drunkard by quite a bit, than it was about how he chose to carry himself and throw a bit of his power around. He rarely liked to use his power on the drunks that had rough days, but he still had to seem like he cared. Thankfully, the man thought better than to swing at someone claiming to be a guardian and walked away. Letting out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding, the brown-haired man offered a smile to the young woman.

"Sorry about that," he said as he rubbed the back of his head. "William likes to enjoy ale quite a bit, and he gets a little rough and handsy." It was true that he had to keep that particular drunkard from the ladies that occasionally walked through the tavern. This one was no exception it seemed.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 08:08 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

Quinn scowled when she felt the man's hand grab her ass with a death grip. Her fists clenched and she contemplated hitting the man. But, she changed her mind. She was far too fatigued to start a fight, even though she could probably hold her own (she did have five huge brothers after all). "What's your prob..." the girl's grumpy response was interrupted by a new stranger. He walked up behind that giant drunkard and said something in his ear that seemed to startled the brute. The giant's hand fell away from her rump and he grumbled as he walked away like a scolded puppy. The newcomer apologized for the thug's behavior, and Quinn couldn't help but wonder if they were friends.

'William huh? So they know each other...'

"It's okay, it happens." Quinn shrugged and cautiously smiled in gratitude. She wasn't entirely sure she could trust the new man just yet, for all she knew they were both up to something. "Thanks for the help though, can I buy you a drink? It's the least I can do. she gestured toward the bar. It was, indeed, the least she could do, and felt like she was obligated to offer. That, and she could use a drinking buddy after her long day at the forge.

--------------------
Quinn Fox

Slug | Mysha
| PM || Email |
^
Ringel3294
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 08:25 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2383
Joined on 26-July 17.

Characters:
N/A

Alexander smiled and shook his head at the woman's offer of a drink. "I tend not to drink too much even when not on duty," he said as he stretched his arms a bit. "But I would be willing to sit with you to keep any more drunkards away." It was a genuine offer, but the young man knew it would seem suspicious. Deciding it was best to leave it at that, he leaned on a nearby wall and waited for the woman to take the lead.

The brown-haired man looked behind him in case any of the patrons decided to try to take a swing at him. Thankfully, he had little to worry about as most were busy relaxing from their jobs or just trying to drown their sorrows. It was somewhat comforting that so few people would try to start something in a tavern within the city. If this place had been out on a route, there was a chance that there would be more bodies on the floor and a few smashed windows. As it stood, things were relatively calm for now.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 05:26 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

The stranger declined Quinn's offer of a free drink, and she was surprised. But then she noticed two words that he'd said: "on duty". He was a guardian! No wonder he helped her. Quinn let her guard down a bit now that she thought the man was probably a guardian and not some crazy guy. And she was utterly grateful that he was that instead of something else because she'd rather have a chat with someone nice. Or at least hopefully nice.

"So you're a guardian? I haven't seen you before," Quinn chimed "But I guess that doesn't surprise me. I haven't been here long and I work at the forge all day. Today was a long day and I figured I could use a drink." she leaned her elbow on the same surface he was leaning on. "So how long have you been here?"

--------------------
Quinn Fox

Slug | Mysha
| PM || Email |
^
Ringel3294
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 07:51 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2383
Joined on 26-July 17.

Characters:
N/A

Smiling slightly at the mention of not being seen before, Alexander shook his head slightly. "That might be because I'm not usually in a tavern," he said with a slight chuckle. "Well, that and I'm usually up in Cape Augustine." It was true that he had been sent down south for a little while to see how things were done differently, but he was just itching to get back home. The southern climates were warmer and a bit more marshy in some areas compared to the more temperate climate he was accustomed to.

Slowly heading away from the door to not block it, the young guardian waited for the girl to catch up before taking a seat at a small table. It felt strange having company during his off time. It was even more strange that he was spending time in a tavern. However, he was glad to have some free time to enjoy a new city and culture.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 02:25 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

'Not usually in a tavern? Are guardians not allowed to drink or something? No...that can't be true...' The redhead thought to herself after her savior's response. She'd seen plenty of guardians drinking before. In fact, her father had a pub pal that was a guardian. Perhaps this man just had a distaste for alcohol or a bad experience at some point. Quinn would probably never know, mostly because she didn't really want to ask.

The man started moving away from the doorway, most likely to keep Quinn from blocking the entrance for any longer. She blushed a tad when she realized she'd just been standing there in the way, and she eagerly followed the stranger to a small wooden table where he sat and she followed suit. The table was light in color, with dark grains and a plethora of stains from various liquids. It had a bit of stickiness to it's surface, but Quinn didn't mind and she happily rested her elbows on it. She was too tired to care.

"So, Cape Augustine huh? I've never been there." She chimed. Then, before she asked if he liked living there, she stopped herself. Quinn had relised he didn't even know her name, nor did she know his. So instead she asked "But, uh, anyway, I'm Quinn." She held out her hand for a shake.

--------------------
Quinn Fox

Slug | Mysha
| PM || Email |
^
Ringel3294
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 09:28 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2383
Joined on 26-July 17.

Characters:
N/A

Smiling slightly as he traced a few of the stains on the table, Alexander looked at the woman. It was hard to say what it was about her, but something was drawing him in. He wasn't sure why he had been sent south, but he was slightly glad. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have had a chance to meet this interesting girl. The brown-haired man chuckled slightly at her introduction. It was slightly funny that they had been chatting for a while and had yet to exchange names.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Quinn," the green-eyed man replied. "My name is Alexander Dunham. Cape Augustine is rather lovely in the twilight hours." It was true that the city was absolutely entrancing as the sun was setting. If he had been nothing more than a tourist, he would have spent many a day watching the sky burn auburn as the sun made its way across the sky. However, he had learned to enjoy it when his livelihood and lack of prison time weren't on the time.

He wasn't sure where to steer the conversation as he had never been good at speaking with people. Many times he would enjoy solitude or the companionship of his Pokemon. He awkwardly tapped the table with a slightly nervous smile on his lips. It felt strange to be chatting with another human.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 11:07 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

Quinn couldn't help but let out a soft giggle when the stranger gave her his name. He was so proper, it was just a little sweet in a way. 'So, Alexander Dunham huh?' her thoughts drifted away from the conversation for a moment as she pondered what is must be like to be Alexander the guardian. Was it dangerous? Did he meet a lot of people? Or did 'guardian' just end up being a fancy title with no real weight? The girl supposed she could ask about it eventually, but first she needed to pull herself back into the conversation.

"Perhaps I should visit there sometime." she smiled. Quinn needed to get out and explore the world, but she had so much to do. Would she ever find the time to visit all of the places she wished to see?

"So, Alexander, what brings you down south?" she questioned politely. She genuinely wanted to know why he'd been sent so far. "I'm here practicing my craft, I'm hoping to get some good pieces made before I'm on my way." She neglected to say that she was a smith, it just wasn't something she remembered to say because to her it was incredibly obvious

------

OOC: sorry it sucks, my brain doesn't like me right now.

--------------------
Quinn Fox

Slug | Mysha
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Cities | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.