Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

A Nice Day For a Visit, Quinn Fox - Closed
Seasle
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 09:38 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 860
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Awards: 3

Quinn's Team

Spawns! (Pokemon Finder Option2: Fire)

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/263zigzagoon.png
Pickup & Gluttony
Tickle & Sleep Talk

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/136flareon.png
Flash Fire & Guts
Covet & Endure

Level Bracket: 1-8

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 07:31 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 49
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

Awards: None

Goals, Purchases, Context and Misc. Info

I.
Morning

-------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was peaking over the horizon, heralding a dawn that brought with it the chill of a new day. A breeze blew through the forests along the roadside where a girl slept. The frosty air slithered it's way into the her blanket causing her to shiver and awaken. She let out a soft grumble, unhappy that it was cold enough to wake her from what little sleep she had managed to get that evening. Tossing and turning seemed to be the norm that night, and true sleep was a rare occurrence. She was surprised she got any sleep, however, because the events of the previous day were still quite fresh on her mind. A shiver rattled down her spine again, not from cold but from thought of those horrid men. She knew she was lucky to have gotten away, but worried that the thugs would eventually find her somehow. Would she make it back home safely?

Quinn sniffled and shook away the thoughts of her assailants. 'No use worrying about it right now,' she thought 'I've got better things to think about...' she smiled and glanced at the pink creature snoring next to her head. Yes, she had better things to think about, such as how her recently acquired pokemon had somehow moved from beside her to a spot encircling her makeshift pillow. It was as if he was snuggling the bag for comfort, and perhaps warmth? A sliver of a grin was across the slowpoke's face and a small dribble of drool oozed out of the corner of his mouth. He was sound asleep and likely nothing short of an explosion would wake him. The girl took in a deep breath and let out a contented sigh. She was so happy to have her own pokemon. Sure she'd been around pokemon before, but she'd never caught and owned her own. It was all new, yet somehow familiar to her and she looked forward to growing together as a team.

With a huff, Quinn pushed off her blanket and creakily sat up. She rubbed the tight spot that had been left there by her pillow and grunted. "Ack..." Her neck was definitely angry at her for not sleeping in a real bed and it was going to nag her all day. Her arms stretched up above her head and she yawned deeply.
"Good Morning!" she whispered to Slug even though he probably wouldn't have heard her yell, much less whisper. Then she stood up, a few joints creaking hear and there. She grimaced, then grabbed the blanket and started rolling it back up. Quinn pulled the bag out of Slug's grasp and inserted the blanket. She put the bag back in Slug's arms then glanced at the spot where her fire had been. A small wisp of smoke was still coming up from the ashes and she stomped on it to try and kill any remaining embers.

Again, the girl looked over to her pokemon and smiled. "Alright Slug," She spoke at full volume, no longer caring if she woke him up. "I've got some dried fish for you, I bet that will work." She had learned earlier that food was a good way to wake Slug up during his move Rest, so it would probably work for real sleep too. With a quick rummage around her bag she found a satchel containing the fish. She grabbed it, pulled out a large piece, and waved it in front of the slowpoke's nose. She rubbed it with her fingers to get the smells wafting in the air.

Without opening an eye, the slowpoke opened it's mouth and grabbed the fish. His tongue grazed her hand as he devoured the entire piece of fish. The spit didn't bother her really and she just rubbed it off onto her trousers. A gaping yawn followed by the eventual opening of eyes showed that Quinn's theory had worked out. Looks like food is a good incentive just like before. Slug smiled and nuzzled into the bag in his little arms, threatening to fall back asleep. Quinn giggled, pat him on the side, and took the bag from him. The slowpoke looked a little dejected and rolled over lazily onto his stomach.

"I'll give it back when we get home, okay?" She reasoned. "But for now I'm gonna put you back in your ball and head on home." Quinn grabbed his ball and pressed the button. He shimmered red then disappeared into his temporary home. She put his ball in her belt pocket then threw her bag onto her shoulder and started walking along the dirt road leading to her family home. It would talk most of the day, but she was finally going to get home.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 01:58 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

II.
Arrival

It had only been an hour or so when Quinn caught a glimpse of civilization a small ways down the road and immediately a grin spread across her lips. It was a familiar building, one that her father had brought her to several times as a child. It was perhaps an irresponsible thing for him to do, bringing his child to a sketchy roadside tavern, but Quinn always enjoyed it as did her father. Memories flooded Quinn's mind as she hastened her step. Memories of older blacksmiths chatting with her dad, the smells of pipe smoke and ale, and the stories. Oh how she loved the stories. She could sit and listen to her father's friends talk about their lives for hours on end.

It wasn't long until the girl reached the tavern. It was a small building, probably no bigger than the average one story house. The old wooden walls were colored with flaking white paint and covered with flowering vines. A sign hung above the red painted door that read "Gloria's". Outside the tavern, and slightly to the right of the entrance stood a two stall stable currently housing a grumpy looking rapidash with a broken horn. Quinn recognized the angry mare almost immediately, and knew it belonged to one of her father's friends. She smiled, grabbed a handful of grass from the side of the road, and approached the rapidash with an outstretched hand. Quinn presented the grass to the mare, and after a distrustful sniff the horse's ears perked up and she nibbled the grass eagerly.

"Hello Gwynevere, it's good to see you again." cooed the girl. The mare finished her grass quickly and whinnied, nudging Quinn's hand in the hopes of receiving more food. Quinn giggled and patted the mare on her nose. "I'll bring you a carrot or something when I come back out, alright?" Quinn gave the rapidash one more rub then headed toward the door. The door creaked open and immediately Quinn's nostrils were assaulted by the pungent aromas coming from within the establishment. To some, the smells would be overwhelming, but to her it was like smelling pure nostalgia. Roasting meat, spilled beer, pipe smoke and lavender all mingled with each other in such a way that made Quinn delighted and feel right at home.

Quinn took one step inside and looked toward the counter area where she spotted two figures. One, an older salt and pepper haired woman, stood behind the bar chatting with the second figure, a small man with traveler's clothes and a raggedy hat, sitting across the counter drinking something out of a wooden stein. Quinn recognized them both, couldn't contain her excitement and blurted out a cheerful greeting.

"Gloria! Phillip! It's so great to see you!" she said as she stood in the doorway. The older woman glanced up at the doorway, squinted in the light, then a huge smile flitted across her lips. "QUINN!! My love, come! Sit. sit." She motioned toward the empty stool next to the hatted man who, at the same time, looked over to Quinn and grinned heartily.

The girl happily trotted over to the bar and took a seat on the wooden stool. Gloria dissappeared for a moment behind the counter and grabbed a stein to fill for Quinn."You look like hell girl, what happened? Ya sleep in a rat's nest er somethin'?" asked the man with a deep, grizzly voice. He had a huge, bushy black beard and giant, expressive eyebrows that currently showed a look of concern. Quinn chortled and replied "Well...something like that. I was attacked yesterday on the road. That's why I'm here actually, to go home for a bit and make myself something to be a little more prepared. I was caught off guard without a weapon..." Phillip shook his head and made a sound of disapproval. "Ye can't be out no-damn-where anymore without them bandits anymore. Tha's why I got me trusty sword right 'ere." He patted the sword that sat sheathed against his hip.

"He's right you know." Gloria reappeared with a mug full of juniper mead. "Even I've had trouble lately, just can't be too careful." Quinn went to grab some money and Gloria placed her hand on the girl's. "No no, dear, on the house." Quinn nodded in thanks and took a sip from the stein. "I guess I should've known better than to leave home so ill equipped, but I was just so excited about my new pokemon that I couldn't help but want to explore. Won't make that mistake again though, believe me. I'm far too scared after what happened."

"You shouldn't be scared, honey, just prepared." Gloria chimed reassuringly with an agreeing nod from Phillip.

"You're right, I'll get on that as soon as I get home."

"You know, I'm headed in yer folks' direction. Ye want a ride with me an' Gwyn?" asked Phillip.

"Really? That would be wonderful, if it's not a problem for you."

"O'course it's no problem!" he replied with a grin. "Maybe you can snag me one o' them pies yer momma makes, hmm?" He winked.

"I'll see what I can do." Quinn giggled and patted Phillip on the shoulder. The small man glanced out the window, sighed, and chugged what remained of his beer. He wiped his wet mustache off on his sleeve then spoke again. "We should be headin' out, actually, I don't wanna be on the road after dark. I just stopped by to say hello to my favorite bar maiden." He winked at Gloria and she smiled and blushed a bit.

"Stop by on your way out of town, will you love? I'd like to get to talk to you for more than a mere moment." Gloria asked Quinn. The girl nodded with a soft smile, drank another sip of her mead, then stood up from the stool. Phillip tipped his hat to Gloria, then stood and headed toward the stable outside. Quinn followed him outside and within moments the pair were attaching a small cart to Gwynevere the rapidash. It took a few minutes of Phillip adeptly attaching his gear to the horse before the pair were on their way.

They traveled in a small, two person cart with a storage area attached to the back. It was a few hours of story telling and general chatter before the trio finally made their way to Quinn's family home. With a short detour off of the main road, the cart rolled on until it found the house and stopped a few meters away.

"Thank you Phillip." Quinn said with a smile as she gathered her belongings and hopped down off the cart. "O'course Quinn, anytime!" Phillip replied. "But I best be on me way, gotta get to town before dusk."

"Be safe!" the girl chimed with a wave goodbye as Phillip turned the cart around and headed back down the driveway.

Quinn turned around and walked up to the door of her childhood home. She almost walked right in, but instead decided it was probably best to knock considering he no longer lived her anymore. She knocked three times, then waited for a few seconds before the door opened and there stood a woman. She was a tall woman, with auburn hair tucked into a messy bun and adorned in a flour covered apron. There were no words exchanged, just a mutual excitement that led to a fond hug. The pair hugged for a moment and enjoyed each other's presence for a few moments before the silence was broken.

"Oh Quinn, I've missed you." the woman spoke in a soothing voice. "But...what are you doing here so soon? I expected you to be gone for at least a few more weeks. Did something happen?"

"Actually," Quinn looked sheepishly at her mother "I had a run in with some bandits. Nothing bad happened! But...I want to make myself some weapons, just to be a little more...prepared."

Quinn's mother ushered the girl inside and the pair sat at the kitchen table. Something delicious smelling was cooking in the hearth, which made Quinn's stomach grumble. "You know, I should have known it was too risky to send you on your own out there! You should stay here a little longer i'm sure your father,"

"Mother, it's okay, really. I'm fine." Quinn tried to reassure her mom. "I caught a pokemon and everything, I'll be okay. I just need some weapons to feel a little more safe. Relax, I'll be okay..." What Quinn didn't say was that she felt that she was too old to stay at home any longer anyway and wanted to be on her own, to start her own journey.

Laura, Quinn's mother, sighed and nodded. "I know I know, you're too old for me to coddle you in such a way. But I can't help it, I just love you."

"I love you too, mother."

Laura held back a tear, stood, and walked over to the hearth to stir her stew pot. "Your father and brothers should be home from the lumbermill any moment now, you want some stew while we wait?" Quinn nodded. Her mother grabbed a bowl and ladled some of the thick, chunky brown stew into it. She placed it on the table alongside some homemade bread and a mug of water. Quinn smiled and thanked her mom before eagerly starting to consume the delicious stew. It wasn't long until four men came flooding into the house. They all rushed over to the food and grabbed a bowl before they even noticed the Quinn was there.

"Welcome home boys, look who decided to visit!"

The four men all sat down and responded in almost unison.

"Oh hey!"
"Quinn!!"
"Hey..."
"Hello daughter!"

Quinn grinned heartily and stood up from her seat so that she could make the rounds around the table and give everyone a hug before she sat back down.

"What a surprise! I was just saying we could use another hand at the lumber mill. Damn thing's acting up again." Said the eldest man, Quinn's father Francis. It was just like him to get right to the subject of work. He was a bit obsessed with it, and always felt the need to be busy. Sitting around and just enjoying doing nothing was definitely not his strong suit.

"Father, she just got home, can't we talk about something besides work?" replied one of the younger men. His name was Connor, he was only one year older than Quinn and was the closest to her out of all her brothers.

"Yeah, gosh, we just got home too, I'd rather talk about anything but work..." Replied the youngest brother, Tristan, between mouthfuls of stew.

"So...why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be off exploring or something?" asked the eldest brother Ryan.

"I'm here to make some weapons for myself. I was...well I was attacked by some bandits yesterday and I feel like I should better prepare myself."

"Attacked?! Damnit, I knew I should have kept you home. My only daughter out there all alone..." Francis shook his head and stared at his stew with a look of fury in his eyes "Where was this? Did you recognize them? Quinn, did they do anything...unnatural?"

'unnatural?' thought Quinn 'Does he mean rape?' "N-n-no I'm okay, nothing happened, I...

Sensing Quinn's discomfort Connor swooped in to save her from their father's interrogation. "Is that a pokeball? Do you have a pokemon now?" Francis silenced himself, but it was clear that he was disturbed and was just holding back for now. He was very protective of his family, and hated to hear that Quinn could've been hurt.

The girl was flustered, but managed to gather herself and replied "Yes! I caught a slowpoke, his name is Slug." Quinn's face lit up the moment she started to talk about her pokemon.

"Psssshhhh...A slowpoke?" Mumbled Tristan while he stirred his stew. "Such a useless pokemon. Why would you catch that?"

Quinn felt a pang of embarrassment, as if she'd somehow wronged him in some way by catching a slowpoke. But she knew better. She knew that Slug was a wonderful pokemon and deserved respect. He may be lazy, but he was hers and she loved him. "I don't see you with any pokemon, Tristan..." the girl snapped back. Tristan scowled and looked back down at his food in an attempt to avoid eye contact. The parents just rolled their eyes, it was typical for Quinn and Tristan to squabble, and they just learned to ignore it after a while.

'HA!' the girl thought before she turned her attention away from him and focused on Connor. "Yeah he's a great little guy. I'll show him to you after supper if you'd like."

"Sure, that'd be great." Connor smiled reassuringly.

"You said you wanted to make weapons. What are you going to make?" Francis changed the subject.

"Well you know me, I've always been fond of axes." Quinn traced her fingers along the thick scar on her palm and remembered the day she'd cut herself while sharpening an axe just like the ones she was planning on making. It was a painful memory, but one that kept her from making the same mistake twice.

"Ah, of course. Well, the boys and I have a full morning tomorrow, but I'll be free later in the day if you'd like to go to the forge with me? You can even join us at the mill in the morning, we could use some extra hands."

"Actually, I was going to spend some time with Slug in the morning, unless you think he can help in some way?" she asked.

"I could probably think of something for him to do. Or he could just play in the river, either way I'd love it if you came." It was obvious that he really wanted his daughter to work at his side again, and Quinn gave in.

"Sure, we'll figure something out I'm sure of it." Quinn smiled.

The conversation and general happy attitude carried on throughout the entire dinner that night. All of the brothers and parents were happy to see Quinn. As the sun set, one by one the family went to bed until it was just Connor and Quinn left in the kitchen. The two talked for hours until Connor finally decided he needed to sleep. Quinn followed suit and went to her old room and promptly fell asleep on the bed she was all too happy to have again.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 12:03 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

III.
Lumber Mill

Morning came all too soon for Quinn, and she grumbled and tried to hide her eyes from the light that was now shining through the window directly into her face. She sighed, and resigned to her fate of being awake. The girl pushed off her wool blanket and let her legs fall off the side of the bed as she sat up and stretched her arms above her head. Her neck still ached from the night before, and she winced. 'Damn sleeping on the ground...' she thought as she stood. At least last night's sleep was restful. Quinn got dressed, gathered her things, and left her room. She exited to find her mother cleaning the kitchen area.

"Did they leave without me?" Quinn asked her mother.

"You know your father, up at dawn and ready to go." her mother replied as she turned around to look at her. "Do you want something to eat?"

"Umm, I think I'll just eat some bread on the way there. I don't want to keep the boys waiting for too long." Quinn grinned politely and grabbed a small loaf of bread from the counter. "I'll be fine. See you later!!" and with that she was off to the lumber mill before her mother even had a chance to answer.

The walk to the lumber mill was a short one, probably only 20 minutes worth of walking along a wide dirt path lined with aspens and grass. As she grew closer to the mill, she could hear the clanking and thumping of a new day at the lumber mill. The only thing she didn't hear was sawing, which concerned her. Was that the trouble her father was talking about? Was the mill not running? Quinn quickened her pace, and soon found herself jogging to get there sooner. As she got there, she could hear her father cursing and yelling about something. Something was definitely wrong.

The family mill was a large stone building with open sides and a large waterwheel that powered the large saw used to split logs. All around were logs in various stages of production. Anywhere from timber used for construction to logs with bark and twigs still attached that floated in the river awaiting treatment. Quinn's brothers were all doing various things such as stripping bark or chopping logs, but her father was in the mill near the saw cursing and kicking at a huge log that wasn't getting cut. It seemed the saw was stuck.

"Father, what's going on?" she asked as she climbed the stairs into the mill and approached Francis.

"This damn hardwood the logging team sent us is stalling the mill!" her father replied angrily. "The river can't move the wheel fast enough to get the saw moving...I'm at a loss." He looked at Quinn with an expression filled with defeat. "I need to get this garbage out of here before the next shipment comes in."

Quinn frowned and pondered on the situation. She glanced at the water wheel which was stalled and struggling to move. The flow of water just wasn't fast enough today. 'wait...the flow of water!" Quinn thought with a glimmer of excitement. "I think I might have something to help." She grabbed a pokeball from a tiny bag tied to her belt and depressed the button. A red light shimmered in the space between the two humans, morphing into a confused pink pokemon.

Slug yawned and grumbled "What is going on?"

"Your slowpoke?" Francis looked just as confused as the slowpoke sitting in front of him.

"Water Gun." Quinn stated. "We'll use Slug to push the water wheel."

"You uh...really think that'll work?" her father asked with a hint of judgement. It was clear that he didn't think that this plan was going to work, but Quinn didn't care, she was determined to help out her father. Slug was her only chance.

Quinn nodded and patted her father on the shoulder. "I mean, it couldn't hurt to try I guess. Right?"

"I suppose it wouldn't do any harm...alright, go ahead."

The girl knelt down and directed her attention to her pokemon, who was now sucking happily on it's own tail. Quinn pulled his tail out of his mouth, dripping saliva on the ground, and placed it next to him. "Aww, what?" Slug looked at Quinn with a sad look. Why did she take his yummy tail away, he was enjoying that.

"Slug, can you use water gun?"

Slug tilted his head, "Water gun?" He had never used such a move. A feeling of confusion washed over Quinn after she asked her question and she had the same fuzzy feeling that had overcome her when Slug had communicated with her mentally before. He was trying to tell her that he didn't know water gun! Quinn was thrilled to bits that she had that moment of connection with him, and she smiled. Then, she responded "It's okay, I think I can teach you. Will you follow me?" Slug thought for a moment, then decided he had nothing better to do anyway and that maybe there would be food in it for him in the end, so why not? He nodded and stood up slowly on all fours.

Quinn walked down the stairs at Slug's slow pace, then led him through the grass over to the back of the water wheel. A feeling of glee filled Quinn's mind, and she looked down to see that Slug was picking up the pace in an effort to get to the river. He must have been excited to see the water. Soon he was at a pace that Quinn had never thought a slowpoke could achieve.

"Wait!" She exclaimed.

Slug stopped in his tracks, right at the river's edge, and waited impatiently for his handler to catch up. When she did, he sat at the river's muddy edge and dipped his front feet in the water. The cold, refreshing liquid made Slug smile widely. Water was his favorite thing, besides food and sleep, and he loved playing in it. It was all he could do to contain his excitement about being by a river again, and he found himself staring intensely at the river's shimmering surface. He stared deep into the water, past his reflection and just watched the water flow.

"Slug?"

The pokemon's concentration broke and he rotated his head around slowly to look at Quinn. "What?" He said with a grunt only a pokemon could understand.

Quinn knelt down and said "I'm going to show you something, and I want you to repeat it, okay?" Slug tilted his head again, then nodded. He was curious about what this human was going to do. Could she really teach him water gun, whatever that was? He watched as the girl cupped her hands and put them into the water. She then pulled her water filled hands toward her mouth and slurped in all she could fit. Then she spat the water out of her mouth with enough force to make a stream of water. Slug looked at her with fascination. "She want's me to...spit?"

Slug looked down at the water and thought about what he'd just seen, then looked back at Quinn. "Really?" he muttered. Quinn nodded reassuringly and did the demonstration one more time.

The pink pokemon was confused as to why his owner wanted him to spit out water so badly, but he figured he might as well go along with it, for now. He leaned down, took in a mouthful of water, and spat it out in a sloppy stream. A grin spread across Quinn's lips as her pokemon followed her instructions. Then she said, "Okay, now do it again, but harder. Try to make it to the middle of the river." Slug nodded and tried again, this time putting enough force behind the water to send it shooting out to the middle of the river.

As Slug continued to spit water to further and further distances, he started to feel a power welling deep within him. He noticed that sometimes, the water that he shot out of his mouth seemed to come from within and not from his mouthful of river water. He stopped, a bit afraid of this new found power, and looked to Quinn for reassurance. Was he doing what she wanted?

Quinn smiled and patted Slug on the back. "Keep going Slug, you're doing it! Try to knock some leaves off of those trees!" She pointed at the aspens lining the other side of the river.

The pokemon grabbed a mouthful of water, stood up with a look of determination, and shot an impressive stream of water, that looked to be far more water than he could hold in a single gulp, across the large river. The water hit the leaves of one of the trees with such force that they were stripped from their branches leaving only a bare and slightly broken branch. He stood there stunned, how did he do that? He looked over to Quinn again who was grinning wildly. She leaned over and hugged him tightly. "You did it Slug!" She exclaimed.

He felt...proud? Yes, he felt pride in his work and was eager to learn more. He wriggled free from Quinn's grasp and tried to use the power he felt within to spit water without taking a gulp of river water. He stood there, digging in his feet and letting the energy build in his belly before an explosion of water ushered forth from his mouth and hit the trees across the river once again. Quinn was in awe, and couldn't do anything but clap her hands together with excitement.

'A treat! He deserves a treat!' she thought as she rummaged around in her bag and pulled out the remains of her loaf of bread. She tore off a chunk and offered it to Slug. He sniffed it, then eagerly gulped it down. He felt so proud of himself, and felt he deserved more bread. But Quinn kept the bread to herself and Slug was confused. Was she mad?

"Slug, I need you to do one more thing before you get more food, okay?" Slug wanted the bread so badly that at this point he would do anything, even run again.

Quinn pointed her finger towards the water wheel and said "Can you shoot water at that?" Slug was not sure why she wanted him to do it, but it was something that would lead to food so he decided to try. He walked over to a place where he could get a clear shot at the wheel and started to build up his power again. This time he shot the water with such force that the waterwheel creaked and rotated slightly. He stopped, a bit startled by the movement of the waterwheel.

"More, you can do it, get the wheel moving."

Once again Slug got into his power building stance and shot water at the wheel, which in turn started to move, albeit slowly. But, slug couldn't keep up the stream of water for long, and had to stop. He was growing tired and had to sit. Quinn rushed over to check on him. It was clear to her that using this power was draining him of energy. He just wasn't ready for sustained use.

"Here..." She said as she handed Slug the rest of the bread. "You did wonderful. You can stop now." Slug gulped down the bread and smiled. He nuzzled his nose on Quinn, and she pet him between the ears. "Let's go see father." Quinn stood, and Slug followed suit. The pair walked, slowly, back to the mill and up the stairs where her father stood with a grin on his bearded face.

"Well, she moved for a second at least. At least now I know how to get it moving, I just need a more experienced pokemon it seems. Thanks for trying Quinn." Francis stated

"Of course, I figured it was worth a shot. Slug knows how to use water gun now, sort of, so I guess that's a positive thing. I think he needs to rest now, do you mind if I look after him?"

Her father shrugged and said "Sure, go ahead. I'm not going to be able to get this mill running today anyway. How about we meet at the forge in say, an hour or two and start working on those axes?"

"Sure. For now Slug and I are going to relax by the river I think. Sound good little guy?" she looked down at Slug who gave her a tired nod. The two made their way back over to the river and sat down next to it. Slug immediately curled up next to Quinn and fell asleep. Quinn smiled, he deserved a good nap. She just sat there watching the river flow while her pink pokemon slept, enjoying doing nothing.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 03:39 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

IV.
Forge

The auburn haired girl sat contentedly by the river's edge with her plump pink pokemon sleeping at her side. She'd long since sitting down removed her boots and let her feet soak in the cool fresh water. Quinn turned her face toward the sun and closed her eyes, letting the light bathe her and keep her warm. It was a pleasant day and Quinn was grateful to be back home. She had only been gone for a little while but already she missed it. But, she was also excited for what lied ahead of her. This trip home was just a small step she needed to take before making her way out into the world.

Quinn opened her eyes and glanced down at her snoring slowpoke. She grinned, a feeling of pride filled her when she thought about his efforts earlier. Slug had certainly impressed her, and his eagerness to learn made Quinn incredibly delighted. It was a little more clear to her now that Slug was a good choice when it came to companions. 'That shows you little brother.' She thought to herself.

A few more minutes whisked by before Quinn finally decided it was time to head over to the forge. Judging by the height of the sun it was almost noon, and had been at least an hour since last talking to her father. It wouldn't take long to trek back to her home where the forge was, so long as she didn't expect Slug to walk along with her. She knew he was tired and probably didn't want to walk the whole way home, so she decided to put him back in his pokeball for now. Quinn pulled out the pokeball, depressed the button, and watched her sleepy pokemon shimmer away into nothingness. She couldn't help but wonder how pokeballs worked exactly. Do they sleep? Do they dream? Or are they in some sort of trance like state? Quinn shrugged, and figured she would never truly be able to know and let the thoughts pass.

The girl put the pokeball back in its belt satchel, then proceeded to put her wool socks and boots back on. When that process was complete, she stood and started on her way back to the house. It took roughly twenty minutes to get there, and when she did instead of going inside she went around to the back of the large wooden house. There she found her father in the forge area.

The area was an open walled shed with a large, round stone forge situated in the middle. There were two anvils on either side of the forge, each a different size with different uses. A sharpening wheel and bench sat near the front, while the rest of the area was surrounded by various materials and tools used for crafting. There was even a table covered in nothing but hammers and tongs. To most, the forge area would seem chaotic and messy, but everything was in a place for a reason in Francis' eyes. He tried his best to make it so that it would take little effort to find what he needed when he needed it.

"You ready to work?" Quinn asked jokingly as she approached her father. He was sitting on a bench by the forge making sure the fire was ready. When he heard her he swiveled around quickly with a huge grin on his face and said "I'm always ready for work!" Somehow Quinn knew he would say that...

Quinn giggled and approached the forge. She was eager to get started on her axes, and her eagerness was painted all across her face. "Alright well, let's get started then!"

"I haven't moved anything since you left, so I'm sure you know your way around." Francis motioned to the chaos around him. Then, with a smile, said "I did have an idea on the walk home."

"Oh?"

"Yup, I know, impressive right?" he chuckled. "How about we make a little game of this. You make one axe, I make another and we see who finishes first! A duel, just like the good old days. Then you can have your dual axes in half the time." Francis and his daughter used to have battles at the forge all the time, seeing who could make the best object the fastest. Of course, her father always won, being he was far more trained, but it was still thrilling.

"A duel, eh? I like it!" replied an excited Quinn.

"I knew you'd go along with it." He winked. "I've already taken the liberty of setting out all of the materials we need at each of our stations. Everything we need should be there, so it's a fair game." Quinn walked over to one of the anvils as her father spoke and glanced around. Sitting on the anvil was a hammer, tongs, and a piece of fine iron ingot. On a bench situated between both anvils were two axe hafts and some leather strips for finishing. It seemed her father had thought of everything.

"Well...let's get started then!" the girl grabbed her hammer and held it up in the air "For glory!!" She jokingly said as her father also picked up his hammer. They both nodded and immediately started working.
In that moment, Quinn's whole world shrank to nothing but the forge, the anvil and the hammer. She was entirely focused on what she was doing and nothing short of an explosion could break her trance. Quinn enjoyed every second of it; the feel of the iron tongs in her hand, the heat of the flames as she plunged the metal chunk into the coals, the sound of the bellows as she stoked the fire and made it hotter.

With an almost fluid motion the girl withdrew the orange hot metal from the flames and placed it on the anvil before her. She raised her hammer, then struck. Vibrations trailed up her tensed arm as the metal clanged and moved beneath the weight of the tool. Again, up went the hammer, and again she struck the metal. Up, down, clink, clank. The metal moved and molded into a slightly angular shape. As she worked, the metal would cool and she would place it back in the fire, then repeat her steps. Over and over Quinn struck the metal, and as she did she would make slight position adjustments so that the hammer would strike in just the right location.

Quinn paid no attention to her father throughout this process, she didn't even pay attention to time, and instead chose to focus on making the best axe head that she could. Sure she'd made axes before, but this one was going to be as close to perfect as she could get it. Hours passed, and eventually Quinn found herself sweaty and tiring, but still she kept going. The axe head was taking shape now, and it was looking to be exactly what she wanted. At this point all she needed was to grind the shape down a bit, add whatever embellishment she felt she needed, and sharpen the blade.

She quenched the red hot iron in a bucket of oil, then made her way over to the pedal grinder when the iron was cleaned off and cool to the touch. The girl sat and started pressing the pedal to get the wheel spinning. It took moment for the wheel to get up to speed before she could start grinding. Sparks flew as she ground the axe head smooth and sharpened the blade. After grinding, Quinn went over to the bench where she found a hickory haft and leather strips awaiting her axe head. It took her about an hour to get the axe fitted right and all the leather applied, but she had finally done it. She had made her axe!

After a few finishing touches, she was ready to present her axe to her father who was already finished with his. The two sat on the bench together and Quinn handed him her freshly made axe. Francis looked it over closely, nodded then handed it back to her along with his axe. Quinn inspected each axe. At first glance the axes looked the same, and to an untrained eye they were, but with closer inspection Quinn could see the finer details that her father had put into the axe that made his just that little bit more special. Quinn smiled and turned to her father.

"Looks like you win again, father." she stated not sadly, but with a happy tone. She didn't mind losing, she was just happy to have the experience with her father.

"Ah, but you came quite close my dear, quite close." He patted Quinn on the back. "You'll make a wonderful blacksmith, I promise." Quinn smiled, then looked up to the sky. The sun was setting, and now that she noticed what time it was Quinn started to feel the fatigue from working so hard for so long.

"I didn't realize it was so late, we best get inside for supper eh?"

"Yes, we'd better get inside, I'm sure your mother is wondering where we are." Francis stood and started walking toward the front of the house. Quinn gathered her two new axes, then followed him inside.

"There you two are!" beckoned Connor from the kitchen table where he was joined by Tristan, Ryan and Laura.

"The prodigal child returns!" Tristan snorted sarcastically. Ryan elbowed his brother for his rudeness, and Tristan scowled at him.

"Hush Tristan!" Laura scolded. "Come and sit you two, I've made corned beef and cabbage tonight."

"Thank you mother." said Quinn as she took a seat and was served a plateful of food from her mother.

"Did you finish your smithing?" asked her mother.

"Yeah, dad and I had a little competition actually, it was fun. I'll show you the axes after supper."

"Wonderful, I'm glad you two got to do something together." a cheery smile spread across Laura's lips.

"So, when are you leaving?" mumbled Tristan through mouthfuls of food.

"Tristan!"
"Tristan!"
"Tristan!"

"What? It's a fair question..." He looked sheepishly down at his food. He was a smart mouth, but still felt guilty when he got scolded.

Quinn giggled. "It's okay, guys." she reassured her brother. "I'm leaving tomorrow, actually. I don't want to be a burden and besides, I want to get some training done with my new axes." She smiled.

"Would you mind if I came and trained with you tomorrow?" asked Connor. It was clear that he wanted to spend some time with his sister before she left, and Quinn felt the same way.

"Sure you can come." replied the girl after she swallowed a bite of food. She was always willing to spend more time with her brother Connor. The two were best friends and confidants after all.

After some more chatting and eating, the group finished their dinner and all eventually made their way to their respective rooms. Quinn gave her mother and father a hug goodnight and went into her room, immediately flopping onto her bed and soon after falling asleep.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 01:24 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

V.
Woods

Knock knock knock.

The sound of someone at Quinn's door roused her from her deep slumber. She drowsily pushed herself up from the bed, walked over to the door, and opened it. Before her stood her brother Connor in full armor with a big dumb grin on his face. Quinn rubbed her eyes and grumbled "What's going on?" The light was barely shining through the window yet and Quinn wondered why her brother had woken her up so early. Was something wrong? But, why was he smiling? Quinn was too tired for this...

"Here." Connor handed Quinn her axes. "You ready to train?!"

Quinn blinked a few times, trying her hardest to shake the drowsiness away. She yawned, "Uh...yeah sure, just...let me get dressed?" Quinn was in nothing but long a night shirt

"Oh...right." the red haired boy blushed and looked away.

The girl couldn't contain a giggle as she closed the door and got dressed. She clothed herself in her traveling clothes and armor, making sure to find a way to attach her axes to her belt on each hip. After getting dressed she gathered all of her things into her bag and headed out her door. Connor was no longer standing there, and was instead sitting at the kitchen table twiddling his thumbs and waiting less than patiently for Quinn. The girl smiled, it was truly nice to see her brother again. The pair of them were nearly attached at the hip for most of their lives and it was actually quite hard to leave him behind. But, in the end Quinn was happy that she was on her own now, and she hoped to make her family proud by becoming the best damned blacksmith around.

"Alright, you ready?"

Connor perked up and stood. "Yeah, let's go."

"Y'know, we didn't have to get up so early, Connor..." Quinn chimed as the pair left the building and started along the path leading to the main road. She had actually wanted to say goodbye again in the morning to her parents, but they would probably understand in the end.

"I know..." he replied "But honestly I just wanted to get out of the house. It's been a bit crazy since you left." Connor finally felt like he could talk truthfully to Quinn now that they were out of earshot of the family. "Tristan has been acting up, and dad won't admit that he's getting a bit old for his line of work. I mean, the other day he nearly cut off a finger while debarking some timber. He never would have made a mistake like a few years ago. He's slipping, Quinn."

Quinn frowned, and in her heart knew that what Connor was saying was true. Her father was getting older and soon it would be time for him to pass the lumber mill on to one of her brothers. But, she also knew that he would never admit that he was weakening; he was too prideful for that. Quinn shook her head.

"I know..." she sighed with a twinge of sadness. "So do you think you'll take over the mill?"

"Honestly, no, I don't want it." he replied matter-of-factly. "I've been thinking about going out on an adventure just like you, to find what truly inspires me. You know I've never really wanted to be a lumber man."

"Yeah. Father will probably pass the mill to Ryan anyway. He's always wanted it, and has always kissed his ass at every chance he could."

"Haha, very true! That asshole." Connor said half jokingly.

As the pair walked along the dirt path leading away from home, the sun finally peered it's head over the horizon and lit the area. The light revealed a heavily wooded area surrounding the path to the main road. Now that they were far away from the house and the sun was up, Quinn felt comfortable with the pair heading into the woods to train. A smaller path forked off of the road and the humans followed it to a small open area in the forest. This was where the two would always come to play and train.

Quinn and Connor made their way to the middle of the clearing and stood opposite of each other. The girl grabbed her slightly mismatched axes in either hand and grinned while she got into a battle ready stance. Connor followed suit and drew his longsword, getting into a defensive posture.

"Ready?" asked the boy with a playful tone.

"Ready." the girl replied.

Quinn swung first, and Connor swiftly blocked her blow with his sword. The pair, almost appearing to be dancing, exchanged blows and blocks. It was almost like a routine, a premeditated display of force between the two. But it was purely reflex and agility that was at play. The girl dodged to the right as Connor swung at her left arm, she then swiveled around to attempt a double strike. The blow was blocked and she was pushed back. Back and forth they went, blocking each other's half-strengthed blows.

This continued on for about half an hour until finally Quinn was able to disarm Connor. She sent his sword flying and pointed her right axe toward him. "Ha! One for me."

Connor's sword landed somewhere in the forest beside the clearing and Connor, slightly out of breath, sighed "You'll pay for that!" he joked. Quinn let Connor catch his breath and went to retrieve his sword for him.

"We'll see about that won't we?" she chortled.

"Yeah, I'll get the hang of it, I'm just a little rusty is all."

"Rusty? Or just lazy?" the girl poked fun at her brother as she bent down to retrieve his sword. She grabbed the iron weapon and started walking back toward her brother. As she neared Connor, a sudden cry ushered forth from the woods near them. Quinn tensed and looked to Connor.

"You hear that?" she asked as she handed the boy his weapon.

"Yup." he replied, tightening his grip on his sword.

Quinn took a step forward toward the direction the sound came from and Connor grabbed her by the shoulder. "Be careful..." The girl wriggled out of the boy's grasp and headed toward the treeline. Connor followed close behind, both of them with their weapons at the ready.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 03:26 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

VI.
Snare

Slowly and cautiously Quinn and her brother made their way into the woods, past the young aspen saplings at the edge of the treeline and toward the thicker old growth. They pushed past shrubs and tall grass, keeping an eye out for what could have possibly made that horrible sound. After a few steps, the cry could be heard again, this time closer and louder. It was easier to tell which direction it was coming from now and Quinn, followed closely by Connor, both headed that way, weapons at the ready. It wasn't long until they found the source of the cries. A push past a tall shrub lead them straight into an area now occupied by a struggling, crying pokemon.

Quinn gasped was she watched the pokemon struggle and flail about. What was it tangled up in? She wondered. The girl quickly turned to Connor and said "We have to help it!" Her eyes were tearing up slightly and a look of worry was plastered across her face. She dropped her axes to the ground and rifled through her bag, grabbing her blanket. "Connor, give me a hand?" the boy nodded and grabbed the blanket.

"What should I do?" he asked anxiously.

"I need you to hold that over it's head to calm it down, got it?" Quinn replied with determination soaking her words.

Connor nodded nervously and opened up the blanket. Taking one edge in each hand, the boy held up the blanket and approached the flareon. He tried to make it so that it could see as little of him as possible to keep it from spooking even further. The flareon was struggling and gnawing at it's right rear leg, and at this point was too focused on whatever it was trapped in to notice Connor approach. Quinn was following behind Connor, staying out of the flareon's vision for now by hiding behind the blanket. The pair slowly neared the orange pokemon, and when they were not more than a foot away Connor tossed the blanket over the pokemon quickly and knelt down to hold it in position on the pokemon's head.

Growls emanated from beneath the blanket and the pokemon was now struggling to remove the blanket. Connor held firm, and after a few moments the darkness seemed to calm the creature, at least for now. Now was Quinn's chance, and she knelt down near the backside of the animal. First she moved the blanket slightly out of the way so that she could view the flareon's leg. Immediately the girl spotted the cause of the poor pokemon's distress. It was a snare, a vile, wretched way to hunt pokemon that usually ended in the creature getting seriously hurt or killed. And by the looks of it this pokemon was quite hurt.

From what Quinn could see through the blood and mud encrusting the pokemon's leg, the snare had curled itself around the pokemon's ankle and strangled it so tightly that it broke the skin. It was embedded down to the bone now, probably due partially to the pokemon's struggling. The bone itself was broken and all that was keeping the foot attached was tendon, skin and snare. It was clear that the pokemon had been here a while by all the signs of struggle surrounding the area. Claw marks and some blood covered a circle around the pokemon.

The girl reached out to touch the foot to check for signs of life. As her fingers grazed the foot's toes the pokemon sat listlessly, not even a growl. There was no feeling in the foot anymore, and most likely it was long dead from loss of blood. She moved her hand to the leg and tried to move it, this time upsetting the flareon and causing it to struggle and pull on it's dead extremity.

"Shhh....it's okay." Quinn cooed trying to comfort the pokemon. She sat there for a moment, contemplating what to do next. 'I can't untangle that snare, it's far too stuck and I would just cause it more pain... Should I remove the foot and the snare all together?' Quinn thought. She was unable to see any other course of action, and was just thankful that she didn't have to break the poor pokemon's bone to do it.

"What're you going to do?" Connor asked as he held the pokemon's head down.

"I'm going to have to cut off the foot..." Quinn grimmaced "Make sure you keep a firm grasp on it's head, this isn't going to be pleasant." Connor nodded hesitantly and made sure he was holding the pokemon's head and shoulders down firmly.

From within Quinn's bag, she pulled out a small dagger. It was a nice dagger with a jewel inlay in the pommel that she had made a few years ago. She had never thought she would have to use it like this, however, and she couldn't help but feel slightly sick. But, she knew that it was for the best. If this pokemon was to survive Quinn needed to free it from the snare and get it to a healer as soon as possible.

Quinn readied herself, nodded to Connor, then in one swift motion grabbed the pokemon's leg and sliced through the tendon and skin that held the snare and foot. The flareon yelped and struggled, gnashing its jaws in the direction of Connor's hands which were, luckily, just out of reach. Then, in an instant the pokemon fell silent. The shock must have caused it to fall unconscious, which was in all honesty a blessing. Now, at least, it would feel no pain. But, it did mean that time was of the essence, this pokemon needed a healer and fast. The girl grabbed the bundled up pokemon and stood, clutching it in her arms. Blood dribbled onto her clothes as she hastily walked toward the path leading home. Connor followed, grabbing her axes on the way, and the pair made their way back to the house.

As the pair hustled home, Connor said "Quinn...I don't think it's going to make it."

"You don't know that!" she snapped back, rushing to get to the house. "Get the horse, I'm taking it to Dedrius. There's a healer there."

"Okay..." he replied and he ran ahead to tack up the family's zebstrika. Meanwhile, Quinn burst into the house and nearly frightened her mother to death.

"Quinn? What are you..."

"I need something to tie off a wound, quickly!" Quinn interrupted as she rushed over to the kitchen and placed the listless pokemon on the table. She removed the blanket and placed her ear to its chest. She could hear it breathing shallowly, at least it was still alive. Her mother disappeared for a moment, then returned with a length of thin rope.

"By the gods, what happened?" Laura asked, confused and worried.

"It was caught in a snare." Quinn replied as she took the rope and tied it tightly around the creature's leg near the knee.

"A snare? Out here? Who would..."

The door burst open again and in stepped Connor, slightly out of breath. "He's ready."

"I'm going to the healer, I"ll be back shortly." Quinn stated as she scooped up the pokemon and wrapped it back up in the blanket and rushed out the door before her mother or brother could say a word. Quinn approached the zebstrika hurriedly, placing the near lifeless pokemon on his neck and mounting up into the saddle. She grabbed the reins in one hand, held the pokemon in place with the other, and clicked her tongue to get the horse moving. She pushed the striped horse into a canter and went running down the road towards Dedrius. It was a struggle to keep the pokemon in place, but she managed it and would soon find herself at the outskirts of town, where the healer's house stood.

It was twenty minutes of flat out running before Quinn arrived at the healer's house, and time was running short. She hopped down off of the zebstrika the moment they were near the door, grabbed the flareon, and rushed to the door. She knocked fervently and shouted "Please, anyone, I need help!"

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 12:15 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

VII.
Healer

Shuffling could be heard coming from inside the house, as well as what sounded like a cane hitting the floor. The green door swung open and revealed a short, stout old woman. She was a weathered older lass with wrinkles covering her face and grey hair messily tucked into a bun. She stood with a bit of a hunch while leaning against a gnarly wooden walking cane. The woman glanced at the girl standing before her, scanning her. She looked her up and down and then focused on the bloody lump of fabric in Quinn's arms. "Please, it needs help." Quinn pleaded. The woman, having seen the blood on the blanket, nodded and ushered Quinn inside.

The girl hurried through the doorway and was led past the entryway and into a small room to the right. "Tell me what happened, child." spoke the woman with a soothing and professional attitude.

"It was caught in a snare," replied Quinn as she was gestured at by the older lady to place the pokemon on the table standing in the center of the room. She laid the pokemon down gently on the wooden surface. "Its foot was broken and I..." she paused as the woman removed the part of the blanket covering the flareon. When the foot was brought into view the woman frowned slightly, worry glimmering in her eyes. "I was forced to remove it..." Quinn's voice trailed off. She felt slightly guilty somehow, even though none of this was truly her fault. Mostly, she felt sad that she was forced into that situation and that decision.

"I think it had been there at least a day." she added. The woman nodded as she turned and grabbed a damp rag from the water basin situated against one of the walls. "Was it conscious when you found it?" wrinkled hands gently grabbed hold of the pokemon's leg and started to wipe away the dirt and dried blood nearest the wound.

"Yes. It fainted after I..." Quinn didn't want to say it, and her voiced trailed away again. She looked away from the pokemon's listless form, instead choosing to focus on the old woman whilst also holding back tears.

"Poor thing." said the lady as she inspected the now mostly clean stump. She put the leg down, walked over to one of the cupboards, and grabbed some supplies. She then came back to the table and put several items down. A needle, catgut thread, bandages, a small bottle of liquid and a medium sized jar filled with what seemed liked black mud.

"Best keep it asleep for now, I'll give it the potion after I've dealt with the injury. Please, have a seat." She motioned to a single chair sitting against the wall opposite the table without even looking up from the flareon.

"Y-yeah." Quinn sat immediately and watched as the woman began her work, though mostly focused on the pokemon's chest and made sure it was still breathing.

The woman got to work right away. First she cauterized the wound with a piece of lit wood that Quinn didn't see the suddenly fast moving older woman grab. The girl covered her nose as the smell of singed flesh wafted through the air. Then the woman grabbed the needle and started to thread the thin string through it. "My name is Avalia by the way, what do I call you two?" asked the grey haired woman in an effort to try to distract the red haired girl.

"I'm Quinn," she replied "This was a wild flareon, it has no name as far as I know. And thank you for,"

"Thank me when I finish." Avalia inerrupted.

"O-oh, of course."

Once the needle was finally threaded, Avalia got to work stitching the skin closed around the tip of the bone. She had to focus for a moment and all fell silent. Quinn watched as the lady somehow very deftly, for her apparent age, sutured the wound together. She was a bit in awe of the healer's skills, and thankful for choosing to come here. Avalia then pulled the goop filled jar towards her and stuck her hand inside, pulling out a palm full of almost black and very foul smelling poultice. She slathered it on the wound with one hand then asked "Could you hand me those bandages?" as she reached out her free hand palm upward.

Quinn stood and handed the healer the ball of bandaging material, then watched Avalia wrap the salve covered stump. When she was finished she looked up at Quinn and said "Okay, now use a health potion." and without hesitation she pulled her satchel off of her shoulders and grabbed a potion from the inside. She stepped toward the pokemon's head and uncorked the vial. "Tilt it's head back and pour it in its mouth, then rub it's throat until it's swallowed." Quinn didn't hesitate to follow the woman's instructions, and as she stroked it's neck she couldn't help but notice how soft and warm the creature was. She had somehow never met a flareon in person before, she'd only heard of them.

"I suggest you catch it now, before it wakes up." Avalia chimed when Quinn finished administering the potion.

The girl paused and wondered if it was right for her to catch this wild pokemon? It was hunted and captured before which led to it's injury, was it really okay for her to take advantage of it's weakened state like this?

"It's going to need full time care for a few days, and it needs rest, so you're going to have to use a pokeball to keep it safe. I don't have any on me, so please go ahead." The pokemon twitched, it was waking up. Quinn didn't want it to wake up to pain just yet, and in a split decision decided that catching it was the wisest course of action. She withdrew a pokeball from a pouch attached to the side of her bag then pressed it's button to the flareon's forehead. The flareon shimmered red and faded away into the pokeball. Then it shook back and forth in Quinn's hands. Would she have this wounded flareon to care for now? Or was it destined to be free?

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Shleby
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 09:46 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Member No. 2391
Joined on 13-August 17.

Characters:
Quinn Fox

Delete this post please?

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Dedrius | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.