Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Clash, clang, crash, Lilith's training thread
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 12:11 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 860
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Awards: 3

{Goals
  • Teach Sigi Thunder Wave
  • Make Sigi more resistant to electricity
  • Bonding between Sigi & Lilith}
There was a storm in Miramossa. The wind pressed the soft, feathery grass flat against the earth. The rain fell in waves, ripping through the air and then hitting the mat of grass and sliding down it, making the grass slippery with mud. The black storm clouds blocked out any hint of light until thunder crashed and sent lightning flickering over them, giving only an instant's worth of brilliant, blinding light. The wind made an eerie howling sound and the thunder cracked - there was never one moment of peace. It was not a night that would have anyone sane out climbing the treacherous hills.

Lilith Fauve was not entirely sane.

She had set out just as the sky started darkening and the wind picked up. It didn't take long for the storm to rush over the plains and by the time she was at the top of a hill she was right in the middle of it. Her hair was slicked to her head, her clothes (if a large white shirt and panties could be called 'clothes') were so wet they were like a second skin and her body was wracked with shivers. Her hands and feet were covered in mud and grass from her crawl climb up the hill. Despite all this, her head was turned up the to the sky, her eyes open wide and bright with raindrops or tears. Clutched in her right hand was a muddy pokeball - she opened it right after forked lightning sparked over her head, leaving dark afterimages in her vision.

With a flash of light that paled beside the lightning, a Sigilyph appeared in the rainstorm. For a moment he wavered, the wind pushing his light body away from Lilith, but then a soft purple glow spread over his skin. It suddenly seemed as though he wasn't truly in the world but from another plane of existence - the rain stopped sliding over him and he was as still as stone.

Lilith simply stared at him, her eyes wide and dark. She didn't seem to notice the rain, her gaze focused on him.

He made a noise that would have been called humming, if Sigilyphs could hum, and pressed his way into her mind. As he expected, it was as easy - he dangled a picture of a shiny pokemon in front of her and slipped in while she was distracted. Something thick and bitter boiled inside him as he investigated the mind of someone he was meant to protect, but he told himself that it was necessary, since he had no idea what was happening. She could be in trouble, he thought, but it didn't take long for him to figure out that the trouble she was in was all of her own making. It shouldn't have surprised him to find a whole, twisted, upside down plot full formed in her mind, but it did. He thought it was probably because of how she looked at him, face filled with wonder, and how small she looked against the storm. Something so slight should not be able to contain so much chaos, he thought, And she shouldn't look at me that way.

He couldn't keep himself from sending a strong feeling of bad, wrong into her mind before turning away. He had his patrol and this was not close enough to it for him to feel comfortable, not when there was a storm.

"Hey, Shield, where are you going?" Lilith asked, putting her hands on her hips, "I have a plan, if you didn't know. We're going to work on your weakness to electricity and try to help you learn Thunder Wave, all at once. It's really good! It took me an hour to come up with it, too! Sheeeeeild, why are you - come back, come on, you can train with me once, come back."

She wasn't sure if he didn't hear her or was just ignoring her, but figured it didn't really matter. She cupped her hands around her mouth, took a deep breath, and started to shout. Lilith was not going to let this go without a fight.

The booming of the thunder, erratic and loud, sent all of the Siglyph's instincts ringing. It left a soft, shivery feeling echoing in his body and made his focus on guarding narrow down until it was all he allowed himself to think about. And there was something about how the thunder heralded a change in the air around him that bothered him even more than the noise that burst against him. He was halfway across the hill when the thunder paused for a second and he heard Lilith's voice as more than a muted background sound.

"COWARD! YOU'RE JUST A - "

He felt his anger at being called out for nothing more than some childish plan slosh inside him and abruptly twisted a strand of wind to pull Lilith's voice towards him. He was going to remember what she said and use it against her later at the worst possible time. That, he was sure, would teach her not to treat him as though he was the one acting foolish. Except Lilith's words weren't quite what he expected.

"You're scared, and you're ignoring me, which just means I'm right. Think about it, you're scared. I know electricity hurts you, but I'll help make it hurt less, I'll help you learn how to use it, we can do this easy, you don't have to be scared, I'll protect you, I'll fix it, you don't have to be scared, listen to me, I'll protect you!"

And when his path twisted around to return to her, it had nothing to do with him being frightened, or at least not of the storm. He was, of course, wary and respectful of the power of the storm, but he was not scared of it. He was scared though, because for a few moments, he had ignored his oath to protect Lilith. She had been annoying and he had simply decided that although he made a promise to take on another duty to the Lady, he wasn't going to carry it out because he couldn't see anything in the spoiled girl that was worth such an oath. What frightened him the most was that he hadn't realized what he was doing, not until he saw Lilith, small and soaked and shivering so hard she could barely stand swear she would protect him. She could be swept up into the lightning clouds above her with just a little bit of effort from him and she offered to protect him. It reminded him that he was to protect her, no matter what foolish idea she had gotten into her head or how she irritated him. So he went back to where she stood. (And if it had something to do with catching a glimpse what had made the Lady decide to take a chance on Lilith, he wasn't saying).

Lilith had her toes curled into the mud and her feet spread apart to balance her and a grin so wide it split her face in half.

"You came back," she whispered, and then spoke louder, "Great! So I read all these things about lightning and electricity and I think I kinda know what you need to do. There's this...shifty feeling, like what you get when you touch something and it shocks you? It's all back and forth. Makes your hair stand up too, you know? I guess you wouldn't, you don't have hair. But just focus on that feeling. Try to find it, so you can change it and then if you can change it, you can use it for attacks and to protect yourself from it."

It was not the best explanation, perhaps, but he took the feeling from where it rested at the top of her mind and examined it. He knew what she was talking about - he didn't think it would work. If it was possible to do it, he thought other Sigilyph would have learned how long before Lilith was born and taught him. He sent a picture of her nice, warm bed to her but wasn't surprised when that only earned him crossed arms and a pout. He sighed mentally and then tried to 'feel' what Lilith was speaking of. He knew the air, how it was on every kind of day there was, how to read it and how to control it. He could feel something in the spin of the wind, in the sounds of the thunder. An emptiness and a fullness, balancing each other perfectly except for when they didn't and then lightning would flash through the spot, that of a dark, deep hole, to close it, to balance it again. But the psychic energy he pressed to it changed nothing about it.

"Come on, Shield, you've just got to try harder," Lilith said, waving her arms around like that was going to help. The gusts of wind whipped her hair across her face, but she barely felt the stinging pain. She had finally won, finally got somewhere and she wasn't letting it go for the world. Even if Shield was giving her a feeling of unhappiness mixed with the sound of her saying Shield.Oh, he doesn't like being called Shield? I guess I shouldn't have called him that, it just seemed right, respectable, like he liked. And Mother always called her pokemon things like that. Wait, if he doesn't like it and we're doing training, and calm isn't working - I can be Silence. Sorta, she thought, leaning towards Shield to poke him.

He startled backwards, rain slipping over him again for a moment and Lilith gave him a truly wicked, wide grin, the sort of grin that said People don't like me because I set set things on fire and/ord shoot people when I'm bored.

"Shiiiieeeeeeeellllllld," she said loudly, brightly, that grin still on her face, "Shield, Shield, Shiieeellld, Shield, Shieldy Shield. Make a Thunder Wave. Shield. Shieeeld."

As she spoke she danced around him, poking him randomly and trying to tug on his wings, often distracting him into letting the rain fall on him again. She didn't seem to notice the rain falling on her, collecting in the corners of her mouth and cleaning her hands. (Honestly, she was more interested on the way her feet went squish-sqush in the grass).

He knew what she was doing, of course, and it didn't really work (probably because he knew). He didn't enjoy being subjected to a human child's whims, but he felt that it was a necessary evil he had to endure for the sake of his oath and if he was good at anything, he was good at that. So he settled down and waited for the storm to end, resisting the urge to just press sleepiness into Lilith's mind until she fell asleep and then carry her home.

And then she slipped. He saw it happen, the way she darted to one side to try to surprise him, how her feet couldn't find purchase on the wet grass, how she fell straight backwards, her eyes wide with surprise, her arms flailing out into the air. Rationally, he knew that she wouldn't die - he ground was soft mud and the hill wasn't steep. She could break a bone, maybe, but most likely she would hit the ground and roll and only end up with a lot of bruises. But that came from the part of him that reasoned. It was easily, always overridden by the part of him that guarded, the one that was shouting at him CATCH HER!

He reached for his power, but it was still mostly around the strange balancing act in the air. He made a low pitched, echoing sound and simply pulled his power back, all brute force, no finesse.

A sparking aura of electricity surrounded him. At the same time a small hand grasped hold of his wing. He jolted, because he had never experienced either of those sensations before. The hand let go and the sparks died, sending him back into darkness.

"You did it!" Lilith said cheerfully from her place on the ground, "You did it, we're gonna be the best, Sigi, the best ever. The best, best, BEST!"

He floated down to her, scolding himself for not realizing what she had done. She moved fast and in the rain and the crack of thunder, he hadn't seen her twist her body around, her hand reach out for him. She remembered it simply, without the layer of fear he had over his memories, only a fierce awe of turning to him and seeing little pieces of lightning crackling around him. He floated down so he could meet her eyes with two of his. Her hand reached up and curled around his wing.

"I'm all numb on the other side, Sigishield," she said, rubbing her thumb over his skin, "But that's fine, I'm fine, I can get up. And we did it, Sigi. Didn't we?"

It wasn't a reprimand for not listening to her, he could tell that much simply from her tone of voice. But if he needed more evidence all he had to do was brush against her mind to find her pride and wonder for him bleeding over her other thoughts. He couldn't stop himself from checking it, again and again. He didn't need to be rewarded for doing his duty, but he found it pleasant when someone thanked him for it. And Lilith's amount of feeling for him was almost completely unprecedented.

He pressed out against the wind again, not allowing himself to think about what he was doing as he pulled back. There was the hint of sparks, but more importantly he could feel what he was doing. His psychic power moving quickly made a fullness in the air that needed to be balanced and the rest of the air would naturally follow to balance it, making electricity. After a moment of sorting out everything, he spread out his power and then pulled it back as quickly as he could, the tips of his wings twitching a bit as he did so. (It felt like spreading his wings and then folding them, like the twist of flying, only he wasn't to move). And around him, electricity flowed again. When it started to fade he tried doing it again, but he was sloppy and pulled it too close to his body. The lightning sparked against him, sending fire down his side and he instinctively pushed out against it. Psychic energy had never had any effect against electricity before and neither had the wind, but when combined and shoved, they sent the lightning spiraling away from him. For a moment Sigi just waited for the pain to hit, completely unbelieving he had escaped with just a sore spot. Nothing happened and he felt exhaustion and shock settle over him like a blanket. It wasn't possible to control electricity like that, not for Sigilyphs...but he was so tired, he wasn't sure he cared. He wasn't even sure he wasn't dreaming. Then Lilith started to talk and he knew he was awake because Lilith wouldn't be so quiet subdued in his dreams. He shook a little and floated closer to hear what she was saying, letting go of all the strands of air and psychic he was holding. The cacophony of the storm settled down into his blood and he suddenly felt very tired, very old, and as changeable as a stone.

"Sigi," Lilith said, her voice a little slurred, "Sigi, you're the best. But you don't have to, to do that. I'm...fine. I can, I can...get home, just...need...."

She blinked up at him, drops of water on her eyelashes, and then seemed to decide that whatever she had been saying wasn't all that important. Her eyes closed and her breathing started to slow. Sigi silently extended his rain barrier over her and waited, watching over her until the storm was done.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Aug 4 2013, 08:30 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Total Posts: 715
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:
Lauren Kilfelter, Josie Walter, Matthew Newgrange

Awards: None

D'awh, dis adorable.

Writing Quality and Length: 5/5
Not much to say here. Well done!

Training Effectiveness/Plausibility/Creativity: ... 5/5
What, did you think I was going to deduct points for that unscientific thing? ...Well, yes, I was about to do that, but then you know what? Creativity and effectiveness helped you win back your points.

WOW Factor: 1/2
Lilith is a brat and Sigi is exasperated and they are both adorable. This is also well written, and showed us our heroes indeed. Well done!

Total EXP Gain: 11 EXP

+1 Happiness Bar for Sigi!
You have just mastered the bare basic of Thunder Wave; 15% learned.
You have just skirted the surface of training against electric-type effectiveness. Electricity will henceforth do 1.9x damage to Sigi instead of 2x

--------------------
Logan Quengrace (Guardian)

Matthew Newgrange (Handler)

Serena Chalice (Handler)

Character Sprites Created by Mackay and Khaleesi!
~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 6 2013, 09:47 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

{Goals
  • Teach Sigi Substitute
  • Make Sigi more resistant to rock}
Rocks as big as rhyhorn were set haphazardly over the path, as though a giant child had dropped them there. In between the rocks there were smaller rocks and in between those rocks there were smaller rocks and on and on it went until it got to sand. Standing on one of the largest rocks was a slender girl, with purple hair like a boy's. She was clothed in leather and leather chain-mail; there was a sword sheathed at her hip. In her right hand she held a rock almost bigger than her hand.

A few feet in front of her a Siglyph floated, shifting his position constantly. He didn't believe she would ever hurt him, but he wasn't sure she understood that throwing rocks at him would hurt him. I don't like that smile on her face, he thought, fluttering his 'wings' out, I hope she has terrible aim.

The sun was shining brightly down on both of them. It turned Lilith's hair more blue than purple and made Sigi's skin gleam. Beads of sweat slid down Lilith's face and she used her other hand to wipe them away from her eyes. The wind twirled through the rocks, heavy with dust. It stuck to Lilith's skin and threaded itself through her hair, but it didn't touch Sigi at all.

She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Come on, Sigi, all you need to do is make a Substitute! There's lots of dust and sand and all that you need here, so make one! Just try, you don't have to be very good at it at first, but you got to try. If you don't try, then you don't get anything, ever," she said loudly, her voice echoing around them, "If you don't I'm going to throw this rock at you. I don't want to throw this rock at you - actually, I kinda do, it's been a long time since I threw rocks, I don't know if I can still hit things - but I'm going to throw it at you if you don't try. Maybe that'll help you with your rock weakness."

No, Sigi sent her, along with an image of him getting hit by a rock and shattering into pieces. After a few moments he sent a picture of Lilith spending hours with a pot of sticky water fixing him. He had learned that she considered threats of having to spend a large amount of time and energy on something preventable was far more terrifying to Lilith than threats of death and injuries (including her own). He still didn't imagine she would listen to him and felt a fierce sense of pride when her determined smile wavered.

"No, that won't happen, that doesn't make sense. If that happened, people could take down all of you just by throwing lots of rocks and if they could do that, they would've done it by now," Lilith concluded, her smile coming back, "Now, stop trying to distract me and try, Sigi!"

Sigi didn't move and Lilith's eyes narrowed. Her arm became a blur and the rock in her hand went flying towards Sigi - he ducked under it but suddenly there was a second one hitting his underbelly. It cracked against him and sent pain out in lines from the hit, making him drop down so far he brushed against the sandy ground.

"Sigi? Sigi, you're not really hurt, are you? Sigi?"

Sigi didn't get a chance to move before she poked him. He sighed and floated up a bit, which got him a delighted sound from Lilith and a quick hug. Her arms smeared sweaty sand over his skin and he wished he could feel more upset about it, but he knew it was eventually dry and be blown away by the winds, like all things. And that would happen to Lilith would long before it happened to him.

"That was maybe a bad idea," she said and he looked at her to find her face paler than normal and her eyebrows tilted down. She was patting him absentmindedly and her eyes darted over the ground, pausing for a moment on some rocks and then moving on. Sigi watched her, the straightness of her spine and the way her lank bangs fell over her forehead. He was just barely surprised when she leaped into motion, gathering up rocks and sand. She muttered curses under her breath and after a few moments Sigi peeked into her mind. (He would have felt guilty about it, but Lilith had thrown a rock at him, so he decided it was fair). (He tried not to think that he was using Lilith-logic).

She wants...to make a Substitute of me herself to show me how to do it and that it isn't very hard, Sigi thought in some form of wonder. It was charmingly sweet and that she was willing to do that and at the same time infuriatingly stubborn. That was Lilith in four words though, so Sigi wasn't really surprised so much as bemused. He floated over to her and stared over her shoulder. He was tempted to simply let her exhaust herself making a makeshift statue of him, but he could see her hands. They were burned red from the heat of the rocks and covered in little pieces of grit and small cuts. It made him want to wrap them in cloth soaked in water, but he knew it was too dry to waste water on comfort.

He nudged the slim girl out of the way, putting a feeling of leave/rest/watchful in her mind. She pressed one hand flat against his body and then slipped out of the way, jumping over rocks and skittering up them, occasionally doing a cartwheel, like a creature made out of springs and rope.

Sigi reached out to the pile of sand with his psychic power. It moved easily where he wanted it to go, but little grains of sand tended to fall out of his grasp. He perserved though and made a rough shape of a Sigilyph out of the sand. Lilith clapped. But when he let go of his psychic power he had nothing more than a pile of sand. He turned to his handler, wondering what she would say about this failure.

"That was weird," she offered, "But you never get things right at first, or at least I never did. Except for throwing darts, I was good at that, bull's eye first time. Still, it really fell. I've seen Substitute before and it doesn't fall like that. Even bad ones are just bumpy and kind of not real looking, not just dirt."

She set her head on her hands and stared at the pile of sand while Sigi tried not to be upset about how she was getting the grit on her hands on her chin. After a while he started playing with the sand to distract himself, making little spinning tornadoes and a floating flower. When he had a spinning circle of sand Lilith stood up on her rock and pointed.

"That's why it isn't working! You're using your psychic or wind or psychic wind powers for that, aren't you Sigi?" she said, continuing an instant after he had given her a positive answer, "So you were using your psychic powers for the Substitute too, or your wind, and it's normal type. Pretty much any pokemon can do this - you don't need psychic powers or to be able to control the wind. So, try it with more, you know, normalness, and see what happens."

Sigi stared at the girl who was currently trying to lick the dirt off her hands and wondered how exactly one went about making a Lilith. It seemed as though it would take conscious effort.

With a slight shake of his body Sigi set the thoughts of Lilith's past away and focused on the task she had set him. She wanted him to use normal energy - he didn't really believe there was any such thing. He hadn't used electric energy to start learning Thunder Wave, after all. But there was something to be said for the fact that normal type pokemon could learn it. They only had one kind of energy as far as Sigi knew and that was simply the energy of life (or existing to be exact, as ghost pokemon weren't truly alive). They could use it for many things and, Sigi imagined, Substitute was one of them. He went down to where his psychic energy flowed from, a whirling ball of energy tucked in the middle of him. He took some of that energy and threw it out into the dust around him like flicking water off of him, picturing himself. The dust seemed to glow a little and then formed a replica of Sigi. He blinked at it - it wasn't perfect. The colours were faded, it was as smooth as him and there was some other detail off he couldn't see....

"Your eyes are shaped wrong," Lilith said, running and jumping at the Substitute, which crumbled into a pile of sand as she hit it. She looked up at him from the wreckage, grinning brightly, stumbling only a little as she got to her feet.

"That was great, Sigi!" she said, "I think I got sand everywhere, but now when something tries to hit you, you can just use this and run away or something."

Sigi tried to pretend to pay attention to her and he was, in a way. His mind had taken what she said, 'something tries to hit you' and ran with it, sending him increasing unlikely ideas. He didn't want to try any of them, but he suspected that if he didn't they would just keep coming and Lilith would catch sight of them somehow someday. That would turn out badly, especially if she decided to try them while he was sleeping. He was going to do this for his own safety and peace of mind and it had nothing to do with wanting to show that he could be just as clever as Lilith.

He sent Lilith an image of a rock hitting just below his left eye and her head flew up, her eyes scanning him. He didn't know what she wanted, but he stayed still.

"You're sure, Sigi?" she asked, leaning down to pick up a cracked piece of stone. She stood back up and tossed it from hand to hand, her head tilted down.

Sigi took the time to take a piece of energy and pushed it out under his left eye. It took a few moments to keep it there - it didn't like only having a little dust and only making a faint copy of Sigi's skin, but eventually he succeeded and sent Lilith a strong confirmation. He watched her arm go up, remembered he didn't have protection all over his skin and thought, I hope she has good aim.

Lilith threw and the rock hit right under his left eye. It turned the energy left there to nothing more than dust and continued through, but when the rock hit him the pain Sigi had braced himself for didn't come. He felt a little hurt, but it wasn't enough to make him drop down like he had before.

"You're better! The rock didn't hurt you as much, you figured out how to fix that, you're so, so, so brilliant Sigi, so - " she broke off to tackle him, throwing her arms around him so wildly that they made a booming sound. They both drifted to the ground until Lilith's feet brushed the sand. She leaned back a bit and smiled at Sigi, rubbing one of her hands over his skin.

Sigi tucked his wings around her...to pull her away from him and set her on the ground. He didn't need to get more sticky sand and/or dirt on him. He had sacrificed enough simply by putting up with so much Lilithness. He was only willing to follow her back to where they would rest (and maybe find her a stream to wash her hands in).

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 08:59 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

Gradin' time, it would appear.

The usual. Nothing to say here.

Training Effectiveness/Plausibility/Creativity: 4/5
You got the creativity and plausibility there, no doubt, but you gotta try a bit harder if you really want to start training for resistance against rock, darlin'. Nonetheless, you seem to have gotten a bit of the basics for Substitute down, so you're successful on that aspect at least.

WOW Factor: 1/2
Because both of these peeps are adorable.

---

Total: 11 EXP to Sigi
Substitute 20% learned.
You did not succeed in training for your rock-type resistance.

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 14 2013, 10:19 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

{Goals
  • Learn Protect
  • Gain resistance to Ghost type moves for Sigi}
Winds swept over the sandy hills, creating ripples that made the desert look more like a brown ocean. Shadows clustered in the dips of the hills, hidden away from the sun. The sky was a pale, periwinkle blue with soft yellow tints brushing its underside. Thin, translucent clouds stretched across it like a veil. The sun hung over the horizon, a bright while light - it wasn't yet sunset, but it was near to it. It was a time that blurred boundaries, turning everything gray.

Lilith Fauve was hunting for ghosts.

She didn't look like someone who was hunting for ghosts. She had no shoes on - her feet left prints of her toes and heels in the sand. She wore only a thin, long white shirt that exposed her delicate collarbone as well as her long, slender legs. And she danced, spinning like a top across the crests of the 'waves', kicking up her feet (as well as sand) as she went up hills, swinging from side to side with an invisible partner as she went down the hills into the shadows. Behind her flew a Sigilyph. It was hard to tell if he was drifting through the desert and had happened to come across the strange dancing girl or if he was creating her and she only a mirage. Her brilliant purple hair and the way she turned to him to smile seemed to support the second theory. The flickering blue light that appeared in front of him like the sparks of a fire made the first theory seem more likely.

The Sigilyph paid little attention to Lilith, instead focusing on his attempts to learn Protect. It should have been simple - a shield of energy not unlike his own psychic attacks. It was easy to find the energy he needed, to pull it out and flutter it around him like a bubble of air, but it was seemingly impossible to get it to stay. It would simply slide out of his grip, like water slipping between his wing-like protrusions, leaving nothing more than the afterimage of a faint blue light in the air.

Lilith kept catching the lights in the corner of her eye and twisting around to make sure they did not come from a ghost. She knew, rationally, that it was only the Sigilyph practicing Protect, but the pale light, barely visible against the sky and its quick movement made her feel like there were ghosts all around her, whispering things in her ears that she couldn't hear and could only feel the wind brushing against her skin. She shivered and turned away from the ghostly lights, towards the sun.

Again the Sigilyph pushed energy into his shield and again it failed in a quiet flash of light. He flew higher into the sky, towards the sun, the winds carrying him up and up until he was simply a darker patch of sky to eyes below. The psychic energy wrapped around him and the wind whistling around him was something he could always count on to hold him, even though he could never see it. He closed his eyes for a moment and tried Protect again - it wavered and fell, as before, but without seeing the echoes of it the Sigilyph kept his peace.

Below him Lilith's course changed, twisting around to follow him as though he was her lodestar. She broke into a loping run, leaping off the top of the hills of sand, looking for a moment like she too could simply lift herself into the air and fly. By the look on her face, she sometimes believed it possible she could be in the sky with the Sigilyph. But she always ruined the illusions by landing again on the sand, her feet doing a skip-hop to displace the force of it and help her keep up her running. Sometimes she would pause on the crests of the hills instead, waving at the Sigilyph as though expecting a reply. She never received one and eventually she would continue on, her footsteps just a little faster.

Up in the sky the Sigilyph was growing tired and cold. It took little effort to weave the wind, but his constant attempts at Protect had made him lose energy to the desert air. The cold, always biting, had ceased to be refreshing and turned into an enemy. He let himself drift down to where Lilith seemed like she was trying to outrun the wind. Slowly, inch by inch, he appeared as a shape in the sky, indistinguishable from a strange cloud until he came close enough to the sand to leave a thin grey shadow stretching over it. As he fell down further his shadow became darker. When it almost matched the colour of the dunes' shadows he tried Protect again, this time pushing at it, throwing in force and energy in equal measure. It barely formed the rough outline of a sphere before it dispersed, as bright as fire in the sky.

He sunk low enough for his 'tail' to leave lines in the sand. His eyes were tilted down, which was why he didn't see Lilith approach him, only her slim hand on front of him. He looked up to see her back curved down in a half-bow, the setting sun casting one side of her face in light and one in shadow. He moved his wing to touch her hand and her other hand darted out to curl around his round body.

Within seconds they were dancing, twirling around like children imitating their parents. The first time Lilith tried to spin the Sigilyph, her hand slipped and she fell to the ground, rolling over and over. She got to her feet and tried it again, sand dusting her eyelashes and nothing like a smile on her face. This time he went with it, twisting around in a circle and then, on impulse, reaching out to spin Lilith. She was unfazed by the psychic power pushing her to the side, resting against it and throwing her arms to the sky. It went on like that for a time, Lilith spinning the Sigilyph and he spinning her.

The sun had almost completely fallen off the edge of the world when he tried to use Protect again. He meant to try it between spins, but Lilith was faster than he had expected and as he sent the energy out around him he spun - and his energy followed him. The spin gentled as Lilith saw the blue around him and once he might have thanked her but then he was too focused on how the energy had stayed, wrapped around them both like a cocoon. It still swirled softly from his spin creating what looked like faces, stars, clouds in the shield.

It faded after a time, and as soon as it was gone, Lilith began to laugh. It was a sound of pure joy, loud and untainted by restraint. She laughed and laughed until she was curled up on herself, tears at the edges of her eyes and her whole body shaking. The Siglyph thought she might have stayed like that forever were it not for the ghost.

It was a Shuppet, young and curious about the human and Sigilyph in her territory. She nudged Lilith on the shoulder, and like a startled Eevee the girl jumped into the air, landing with a soft thump about two feet away from the ghost. She skittered behind the Siglyph, peeking out with wide eyes and tugging on his 'wing'.

The ghost giggled and sent a Shadow Ball rushing towards them. The crackling purple energy around it seemed to cackle and he set himself between Lilith and the dark energy without hesitation. Lilith's fingers tightened against him and she tried to push him away from her, but, perhaps because they had spent the night dancing, she only succeeded in making him twist a little in the suddenly silent air.

This movement was what made him send out just a little energy, what he had left. It formed around him like a Protect, but it was too weak to be a shield. Instead it was a veil, as soft as fog, not enough to block the energy the Shuppet had sent. It was enough to feed the lingering feel of the other side of life wrapped around the Shadow Ball. When it hit him it hurt, but the edge of death that always caught at his energy and sucked it away to fill its tattered bits of empty soul was gone. It was only physical pain. He didn't flinch.

"You cannot harm me tonight, little one. Go home, as I shall," he said softly, throwing her away with a brush of Whirlwind. It drained him, but he knew that Lilith would let him rest on her as they walked.

And she did. It was a sight, a girl carrying a Sigilyph in her arms, the half-smile on her face illuminated by the light of the moon.

(They made it home before the desert was cold enough to freeze their bones).

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Aug 17 2013, 08:49 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

Did you think I would never grade this?

Writing Quality and Length: 4/5
Decent length, regardless of what you said. =D

The training itself is effective if simplistic, don't get me wrong, but for some reason I feel that there's a little piece...missing...here somewhere. Regardless, you achieved your goals.

WOW Factor: 2/2
I like this. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/3.png I can't tell you why exactly...but I love it~

---

Total: 10 EXP for Sigi!
Protect 25% learned.
Ghost-type moves now deal 1.7x damage to Sigi.

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 10:51 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

{Goals
  • Learn Protect
The first light of dawn touched the meadow's long grasses with gold, and cast shadows on the face of the young woman huddled within them. Her hands were wrapped around her knees and though her eyes were filled with the bruise of shadows, she did not rest her head. Instead she glanced around, quick little movements like a child's. In the light, the dark indigo of her hair became apparent. A few moments of stillness later, it showed the rags wrapped around her feet, stained dust red with blood. She blinked into the soft glow of the sun, rubbing a hand over her eyebrow and unfurled like a flower would. Her body was wiry and covered in scratches, some deep enough that they were a sticky mess of dried blood, new blood, dirt and grass. There was little to protect her modesty, only a pair of plain white panties and a shirt that had been torn so badly it barely covered her breasts. Yet, when she stood, she did not try to cover herself. She left her hands drift beside her as she twisted around to stare over the rolling, dark green hills. Then her eyes caught on a dark, triangular shape with edges of blue flickering around it like electricity and her shoulders straightened. She stretched once, deliberately, and then started running across the meadow as though she thought she was capable of flight.

Grass whipped at her feet, but it only made her steps higher. The wind stole her breath, but it only made her laugh, a broken, high pitched sound that made her chest shake. And as she moved, something rose behind her. As first, it only appeared as a dark smudge slipping away from the dawn's light and following after the girl. It moved as fluidly as water, catching up to the girl within seconds. The air around it turned so dark, it seemed as though the world had turned back to night because of the creature's presence. It reached out a blurry, dark tendril to touch the back of the girl's neck. Her muscles rippled violently, sending her tripping and tumbling to the ground. She rolled gracelessly with the fall, and spun around to face the dark creature as quickly as a whip strike.

"I am Lilith," she said, her fingers digging into the earth beneath her, "You're a Duskull. You're just a ghost. The only thing that can hurt me is your Pursuit - everything else you've got can't touch me, 'cause I'm living and you're dead."

The Duskull cackled softly in response, and the bone-white shape of a human skull appeared with the swirling dark mists. Small fires danced in the eye sockets, illuminating the skull from within as though it was a pumpkin carved for the night of the spirits.

I should go visit the spirits to ask their forgiveness for whatever I did to make them send a ghost like this after me, that's what Grandmother always said. But if I did something wrong, then they should've told me. This isn't fair - it'll hurt Sigi if he comes back and I'm dead. So I'm not going to apologize; I'm going to make them apologize to Sigi, she thought, spreading her teeth in a wide as wide and empty as the Duskull's.

The ghost stayed silent, matching the gaze but sliding his red eye from one socket to the other. Goosebumps spread over her skin, and she glanced up at the sky. The streaks of pink had tinged edges of the dark blue. She swallowed, balled her fists, and then looked at the Duskull.

She took a few quick hop-skip steps backwards.

A blur of dark gray hit her. Blood flew into the air. She howled a sharp cry as she fell to the ground. Her hand went to the wound on her shoulder. It went back to her bloody. She stared at it for an instant before the Duskull was above her. He laughed wildly, leaning down to where the blood had pooled in her collarbone. She hissed out a breath, her body shaking, and spat at the ghost. The wad of spit and blood went right through his body, but his eye suddenly stopped moving. It focused on her neck. Her muscles tensed.

Wind roared through the tense scene, pushing the Duskull away. It whipped the girl's bangs into her eyes and tears started to well in them. She rubbed her hand over them and when she was done, a Sigilyph floated in front of her. Her smile slowly spread, like a ripple spreading over water.

The Sigilyph kept his body between the ghost and the girl. A ray of odd lights darted from the Duskull and spun around the heads of his prey. Lilith glanced up at them, her bloodied hand reaching out to grasp of of the soft motes of light. The Sigilyph wavered, turning one side like the wind was tugging at him. He remembered that there was something important he had to do, as all Siglyph did, but he felt, oddly, that his task was different. That it had changed. Yet, it wasn't clear - nothing in his mind was clear. It was all a dizzying spiral of images and thoughts (and echoes of feelings). Behind him came soft giggles from the girl who was catching intangible lights in her hands.

It was the ghost who settled his mind, in the end. He lashed out from the shadows, catching the Sigilyph a glancing blow on his wing. The psychic guardian's confusion faded as he felt the other side tug away at his life. It dragged out the memories of protecting himself from a desert ghost and of dancing, twirling around and around trying to learn Protect. The ghost and Protect and dancing were all mixed so closely together, overlapping so many places, that he didn't believe they were separate. Instead, he imagined it was one activity, one task, one thing of protection that felt like flying, like dancing and was edged with a pure surprised. The sense of spinning forming inside him was exactly the same as what he was feeling when the memory welled up around him. It was the work of a moment to rewind and slid himself back into the energy in the air. He floated, he tugged the energy around him like a soft blanket, and he spun. Force met him, low with a current of the grave like an undertow and the energy was lost. Some dark, solid shapes were drifting out of the bright light of his mind and he clung to them. They whispered, protect, protect, protect.

The Sigilyph searched the world around him for the energy he needed. He found an empty hole of darkness and a bright mind lost in dreams as he gathered bright, clear tendrils of power. When he had brought the energy to him he remembered the zigzag, off-colour feel of the mind he had touched. The shock of that life compared to the dusky sense of death still lingering in him. He imitated the mind. He wrapped the energy itself into a veil and then spread it out around him like strands of seaweed, shimmering in the sunlight, like hands waving, wildly to a beloved friend. The undead feeling was peeled off as easily as dray clay by the moving, moving, always moving veil.

The force of the attack, not stopped by the lack of the undead in its energy, left him reeling. The light was knocked out of his mind, replaced with dark colours and thick, sticky thoughts buried in the memory that still filled his mind. He knew (Lilith was bleeding) only that he needed energy to spin again. He reached for it, pulling and compressing it down and repeating. He couldn't think of how much he needed, but he could feel the edge of blackness taking him into its grip. It was always more. He stored energy until there was no space left inside him to store more of it.

A beautiful blue shield glowed around the Sigilyph's body. The shadow of the ghost dashed against the side. It rolled over the sphere of energy for a moment before drifting to the ground. A long, slow rattle came from the Duskull's body, and a darkness gathered around him. As though in response, the blue shield flickered once and fell, disappearing into the grasses around them. It left a slow moving, battered pokemon who was lost in the bemused revelation of, 'Protect and veils are different' and the last wisps of a memory.

Lilith's eyes were reflecting bright green as she watched the battle. Her back curved her body up so that she could see what was happening and her breath came in harsh gulps. Her left hand pressed the ragged remains of her shirt to her wound. The other clutched a pokeball.

"I won't let you have him too," she whispered as her fingers inched towards the button on it. Her eyes narrowed as the Duskull turned to her and she gave him a half smile, wry and dark.

One heartbeat later the meadow filled with sunlight. It smoothed the colours of the Sigilyph and brushed blue over the girl's purple hair. It did nothing to the Duskull, for he had fled as soon as it touched his body.

Lilith stood, slowly, and looped an arm around Sigi. She breathed in the air of a new day.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Dec 21 2013, 10:14 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

Wow I'm super late to everything.

Writing Length and Quality: 4/5
Decent!

Training Effectiveness/Plausibility/Creativity: 5/5
I will gush about this in a bit.

Also in a bit.

Total EXP 11.

---

Now, then.

I've always enjoyed Lilith's training threads very, very much because you are that kind of rare writer who can take a list of goals and spin a story out of them. This last one is probably my all-time favorite because of its abstract quality, yet managing to show everything that makes a character whole.

We see the sigilyph's sense of duty here. We see him as a guardian, and we see Lilith as both the enchantress and the companion--after all, traditional protection goes one way and this goes both way, Sigi to Lilith and Lilith to Sigi, and that's so very atypical and Lilith of her. (And it takes a certain sort of heart to sway an old soul bound in ancient oaths to love a human so.)

I see that Sigi loves Lilith. I see that he makes room for her, includes her in his space. I see the darkness of the ghost and I feel his sentiments through his actions--or, as the post goes, I feel his sentiments in the winds.

---

Protect is 75% learned. Sigi may perform it with a 1 in 3 chance of success on the first use.
Ghost-type 1.5x effective on Sigi.

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Dec 22 2013, 11:38 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

{Goals
  • Learn Protect

The sun was shining, the wind was winding, and Lilith Fauve was on patrol in Miramossa. She leaped over grass that had grown too long, often twisting into a mid-air somersault and rolling back to her feet. She stopped at every ruined wooden shack, poking at the edges of the wood and nudging debris away with her booted feet. It tended to be rotten and simply crumbled at her touch. As a result, she was covered in dust. It clung to her hair, darkening the glossy purple-blue into something that could be mistaken for dark brown. It made the skin around her eyes red and irritated, though she herself was grinning so brightly she almost outshone the sun. It made a home for itself in-between the whorls of her fingertips and so left faint trails of dullness on the Sigilyph that floated beside her when she touched him. And she touched him often, using him to steady herself when the wood underneath her wobbled (or holding onto him as the only thing keeping her from falling when the wood broke under her weight).

Silence wrapped around the pair as they moved. No one said anything about what Lilith did because no one was there. The 'town' she walked was a collection of rundown wooden shacks. Some of them had closed doors and a faint light flickering inside, but those were far away from where her path fell. They were back curled around the wooden hotel like a dragon curled around its child.

The dust girl was a creature of unending movement, frequently breaking into cartwheels and handstands as she walked her beat. No one saw but the Sigilyph, who only moved away to give her more space.

Then she stopped. She was on the edge of the rotting wood village, just about to curve away from the wild grass and rolling hills that fell outside its bounds. Her hands were clasped behind her back and she stared at the sky under the rich orange sun as though there was a secret there. The Sigilyph moved towards her and reached out with a curious tendril of thought to where her mind rolled and spun beneath his normal reach.

"We've been seeing a lot of ghosts lately," she said, not turning around to look at him, "I don't know why. I asked the ghosts that give you gifts at the end of fall, but they wouldn't tell me. Maybe we're just really unlucky or maybe that Shuppet we met told all of her friends about you. I don't think it really matters, 'cause whatever it is, we need to prepare."

(Quietly, in his mind, the Sigilyph buried the thought of 'They come for you, for your brightness, for your life,' deep in his mind until it was woven so deeply neither the first or the last of it could be found.)

He sent out a stronger sense of questioning to the girl and she spun around to face him. Her cheeks were gray with dust but her eyes nearly glowed.

"We're going to train, Sigi. You can stop the death from getting to you now, and you know Protect, but that won't save us if you can't do it whenever you want to. So we're going to practice here. I'll help you - I'll try to, at least."

It was, the Sigilyph thought, a surprising declaration from the young Guardian. He had expected a speech about how they should find a ghost leader and defeat them to prove their strength. As it was, he gave her a firm sense of agreement and started to gather energy. It flew free from him in the wind, trying to dance out of his grasp, but Sigi was experienced in what he was doing. He coaxed it back with gentle tugs and firm walls, tucking into a swirling ball inside him. He didn't hurry - there was need to do so (Lilith's patrols were famous for taking hours sometimes days among the Miramossa Guardians) and he would only tire himself out. When he had enough energy that it was trying to spill out of him, he made a tiny start to a spin to start the energy swirling, slowly and surely releasing it in a circle around him. He didn't try to force it into a shape like he did for a ghost veil; it was too much and too strong for that. Something is wrong, he thought when he finished.

"It isn't right, Sigi," the girl said and he looked through the cloudy blue wisps of energy fading away at her eyes.

The Sigilyph didn't say anything, but only because he wasn't sure how to say 'I know' without it sounding sad. His thoughts ran like a river, rapids rushing. Every little detail was looked at and washed clean, but he couldn't find anything in the sparse actions he had done that was a mistake.

"Just try again. Maybe you need to practice it more?"

I practiced it over and over in the desert winds and I did not find even the start of it until you danced with me, he thought but did not say. Instead he reached inside himself for energy. It was easier and faster to draw it from around him, but it was steadier inside and he wanted something as solid as he could have. Lilith's impatience zipped around him until he pushed away from her mental presence, distancing his mind. It flowed around and down with ease after that, but he waited until the weight pressed against his mind before releasing it with a quick spin. The blue light that came from that was barely there, a hint of moonlight in the fall's day.

The Sigilyph did not turn away from the girl. He brushed back against her mind, leaving nothing behind. The pure shame that seeped through his mind at failing her was more than she could stand. She darted forward, standing on tiptoe to throw her arms around him. Her hands were arched, fingers trying to dig into his smooth fired clay skin. Her mind grasped at the thread he hadn't bothered to cover and dragged it closer. Everything turned into a whirlpool of ancient/lost/gone (dust to dust) and lightning/blood/screaming (burning desert sun), cannot/shame cracking against trytrytryfight until it broke. Gathering energy with Lilith so close felt like trying to melt ice when water pushed playfully against him. He managed it with the same determination that was an old, old friend. He moved faster than he would have, dragging it in and in until he had too much. Just as he was about to let go, he felt the hint of fear in Lilith's mind, as clear as a storm cloud against the dawn sky. He didn't have time to find out why she was afraid and instinctively his focus sharpened and hardened, ready for a fight or a war. The energy flowed out naturally, with his thoughts tucked around it. It formed a perfect blue sphere.

Lilith grinned without looking up.

"It looks like you've got that down, now," she said, not moving an inch, "Let try it again and I'll go over here, alright?"

She slipped away from him, ducking and spinning over to a patch of grass. She collapsed into it, propping her head up on one elbow and giving him a soft, shy smile that kept trying to fade away. Her presence in his mind lessened slightly, as well, though he could still feel her sharp-brightness cutting into his thoughts. Again, he took his time taking in energy and gave Lilith a strong sense of amusement when she pouted. He did things right, not quickly (and he could almost hear her saying 'I like to do things fast and right'). The energy flowed in, less turbulent with Lilith, and pressed to the top. Drop by drop until another drop wasn't possible. Then Sigi took a moment to think of a broken bone cutting through Lilith's skin/a Zoroark creeping through the sacred place and let go. The Protect formed like water appearing out of air. The energy shimmered and swirling - and it did not let the rock Lilith tossed at it in. After a second or so, it fell, and Sigi flew over to Lilith. She sprung up and he gently brushed his wings against her face and hair.

"I know they say that the third time's the charm and that definitely worked for you at first, but I think we should go back to patrolling for a bit," she said, "And I think - Sigi! Waitasecond! Wait for me!"

The Sigilyph flew straight as an arrow down their patrol path and after him zigzagged his Guardian. She darted away every few moments, something catching her eye, but she always curved back to their path - to Sigi, as reliable as the tide. The late morning air brushed over her cheeks and hair, stealing away dust. Grass was crushed under her feet, releasing a sweet scent. The Sigilyph was above it all and so their patrol continued. It twisted back around towards the Miramossa inn and by the time the sun had fallen from its height, they had almost found their way back to the inn.

Lilith saw something move as they passed a neat little cabin and spun on her heel. She chased it out into the wild grasses, Sigi chasing her, and didn't pause before following it into the graveyard. It was a small graveyard, as suited the small town, the gray stones worn down into a compelling smoothness. Wild grasses had overgrown most of it, but some small bouquets of the wildflowers that grew around Miramossa could still be seen. One scraggly, twisted tree grew in its corner, and that was where Lilith's creature fled. She prowled after it, Sigi's shadow mixing with hers and turning into a demon with wings.

"C'mere, you've gotta come see me, you can't run away from a Guardian on patrol," she said, almost reasonably, "C'mon out and I'll see you, we'll be good, I'll go. Why did you come here anyway?"

Ghosts, Sigi said to her just as a pokemon billowed out of the tree in a cloud of smoke. Lilith hissed and backed away, one hand lifted to protect her face. Sigi lowered himself down in front of her.

"Take back your orders, Guardian," the Misdreavus whispered, "We do not listen to the likes of you."

There was no glance behind for the Sigilyph. He did not see Lilith's stance change, her arms folding over her chest, and he did not reach for her mind. He knew what her answer would be and although he didn't agree with it he stood his ground. He did not speak; he doubted he would need to do so.

And he didn't. The Misdreavus snarled at his silence and then darted forward with a sharp cry. Sigi flinched back, the ghost energy licking at his sides. He brushed against Lilith, who offered a bright, "You can fight ghosts now!"

It shouldn't have changed anything, but it did. His mind fell back to the Protect he had done, and then slipped into the idea of veils. It was different, a veil, and he knew it. It required a more delicate touch, less power and more form. He darted up to avoid the next Shadow Ball, and started to weave. He touched pieces of psychic power to his skin, twisting them so that they would stay, and draped other strands of it around him like a shawl. Another Shadow Ball headed right for him, and he spun a Gust out at it. The wind sent the ghostly energy spiraling in all directions, drifting around the graveyard like purple smoke. Some of it passed over Sigi. Its death-tint seeped through the holes in his net of power. It isn't enough, he thought, I have to do catch more, keep it light, freely moving...like Lilith.

Slowly, Sigi let go of his control over the power, let it run wild, and it jumped over the holes he had left in the net. The shape he had made mutated a little, but it was solid, quick, always moving. It stripped off the ghost energy of the next Shadow Ball like wind pressing grass against the ground. For the first time that he was willing to admit, Sigi felt himself fill with happiness even as energy bruised his skin. He drifted down in front of Lilith again, his wings casting lined shadows over her eyes. He was a perfect target; the Shadow Ball burst against him, still without the grave-musk that stole his will to fight and Sigi made a low, soft whistling sound. Then he reached down for the earth and rocks lifted from the ground to fly towards the Misdreavus - they missed. The stones cracked against the tree, breaking branches, crushing wood, until there was only a jagged stump left of the tiny tree.

The air over the trunk seemed to shimmer dark purple, a haze like fog. Lilith crept closer to it, one hand brushing against Sigi - then she jumped back, her eyes flying wide. The odd mist had resolved itself into a mob of ghosts. Their eyes glowed reds and images of skulls and blood and guts wrapped around them. There was no need for Sigi to translate their words ('Rip you into pieces and feed you to each other', 'wear your skins as a cloak', 'deathdiekill') for Lilith. She had already turned to run. Sigi threw a Whirlwind behind him and followed her. She crashed across the ground, no longer trying for silence or skill but simply speed. Her long legs practically threw herself over the dusty ground and towards the inn. Sigi spiraled above her, throwing Whirlwinds behind him when he had a second of time to spare. The inn's door was within reach when a ghost got close enough to rake his claws over Lilith. They scored a line in her leather shirt, but she shoved the door open and fell inside before another thing could grab her.

People looked up at the bang of the door, but as soon as they saw Lilith's lithe body and Sigi's outline behind her, they turned back to what they had been doing before. It was hardly the most surprisingly thing the Guardian had done at the end of her patrol.

She released a long breath after she had slammed the door shut, and looked up at Sigi. He had slipped in as she twisted to shut the door and was pressed so close to her shoulder she could almost touch him.

"It's alright," she said, reaching up to curl a hand around him, "They won't come in here. They know better to attack this place."

Sunset soon, Sigi told her, Night/fall/ghosts strong.

Lilith's lips parted and she turned to the window. The rays of the sinking sun glared right into her eyes, but she didn't look away. A trail of purple darted over the edge of the window and her heart sunk in her chest. They'll come for us after sunset, she thought, Right through the inn. There aren't enough Guardians to stop them, not after that mission. The Lady will save us, but how many people will die first? This is my fault, how do I save them? Sigi, Sigishield, how?

Sigi brushed his wing against her hair and said nothing. The sun blazed a brilliant red as it started to burn its way down the sky.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Grimm
 Posted: Feb 18 2014, 04:02 PM
| Quote |

Evil, Sadistic Custard.
Members
Member No. 785
Joined on 9-January 13.

Characters:

Wheeeee, finally some grading.

Writing Length and Quality: 5/5
Nothing much to say here.

Hmmm. I'll relinquish the points to you. A little...abstract in the training part, but definitely nothing bad or confusing! Okay, maybe a bit dream-like so I got lost, but definitely effective.

Love the way you write this.

Total: 11 EXP earned.

Protect is now 100% learned!
Ghost-type resistance...1.3x effective.

--------------------

Serena Chalice (Handler)

~~
PCR
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Apr 9 2014, 01:32 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

{Goals
  • Learn Substitute
  • Gain resistance to Ghost type moves}
A window on the third floor of the Miramossa inn opened silently, due to the oil that had been smeared over every bit of it with psychic power. A slim human figure slipped out of it as smooth as oil, sliding and perching on the edge for one instant before leaping off. For a second she seemed to hang in the evening air, casting a soft shadow on the ground below like the moon, but then she plummeted down. Her dark, oddly coloured hair flew straight up. Her eyes closed. About five feet from the ground, a purple glow surrounded her body, stopping her and then lowering her down so that when her boots finally touched the beaten earth, they made no sound.

She drew in one deep, steady breath. Her skin was burnished red by the dying light of the setting sun. It had almost fallen behind the rolling green hills. After looking up to it, Lilith crept around to the front of the inn. She kept each step soft, moving her feet as though she was stepping on air. She took in every little thing in her path - a fist sized rock, a dirty weed, a small hole - and delicately moved around them. After twenty long seconds, she had gotten to her destination as quietly as any human could. Ghosts flickered around the front of the Miramossa inn as she peeked around the side. One, two, three, no four, six? Eight? she thought, narrowing her eyes, It doesn't matter, I guess.

With that thought in mind, she stepped out into view of the ghosts, cupped her hands around her mouth, and yelled.

"HEY GHOSTS! Catch me if you can!"

The flickering purple shapes turned poured away from the inn, gaining not form but teeth, claws, and eyes, so many, many eyes, as they went. They gathered together, turning the light from late evening to the witching hour and moving towards Lilith in one seething, whispering mass.

As soon as she saw them move, she spun around and ran. She kept to the main roads and the open grasslands, never entering the back alleys she'd spent so long exploring in the daytime. Balls of ghostly energy burst against her leather shirted back, but they only made her cold and the rush of blood and heat from her full out run kept her from feeling it for long.

Not far away, a Sigilyph left the Miramossa inn and flew over to an abandoned house. He floated a lit lantern with him and left it by the edges of the house, sending light flickering faintly over the broken wooden planks and wild grass that had sprung up within it. He reached out for the dust and rotted woods and seeds with his psychic power and dragged it into a pile by the light. It was a messy, half hazard pile, as though he couldn't be bothered to make it neat. He floated by it, waiting, searching for his handler's mind presence - it was only a street away.

Sigi let his mind fall back to the the one time in the desert, the first somewhat failure of Lilith and himself. He had gone over and over what he had done there, but he couldn't keep himself from wondering if it would work without the use of sand. He knew there were pokemon that could do it with only the dust in the air, but he wasn't near that level of skill. And he didn't have time to consider it. He reached down into himself and pulled out the pure energy of life and existence and wound it into the mess of materials beneath him. He was in such a hurry he didn't notice that some of him, some of his thoughts and fears had fallen in there as well, mixing with the energy and infusing the lifeless debris. New thoughts and fears quickly sprouted up as the Substitute formed, distracting him.

It is not me, he thought, The wing is misshapen and some of the colours are not there. It's worse than that last time I tried, I must need sand...no, there is something. It looks more alive than the last one. Why? I wasn't as focused as I was before, but how could that have helped? Psychic power isn't involved in Substitute.

He dismissed his thoughts quickly - he could almost feel Lilith's pounding heart in his own, hollow chest as she turned onto the street. He layered an illusion onto the Substitute as he slipped into the shadows of the house, painting the colours over the fake Sigi and fixing the wing as best he could.

Lilith practically flew up the street, face red with exertion and feet sore from hitting the ground so hard so often. She weaved down the path, making sharp turns every few seconds and ducking whenever the path in front of her was clear. Still, despite her skilled evasive actions (long practiced on the streets of Marchton with Guardians sent by her mother and rogue kids alike), she was wounded. Something had ripped through her leather shirt to leave claw marks on her shoulder. A matted scab had formed over it, but it cracked as she moved and blood seeped out from it. There was a long gash on her hip, as though someone had simply taken a sword and cut across. It bleed freely, turning her shorts a dark, dark brown. Bruises scattered over her skin and under her clothes, thick with blood and pulsing with pain. Her teeth were bared in something that was more grimace than smile, but her mouth relaxed and the corners of her lips lifted when she saw the shadowy image of Sigi by the house. She skidded to a stop there and ducked behind the Substitute. Her hand flew out as she moved and knocked over the lantern. Its melted wax rolled over the wick. The last source of light was gone. It was almost fully night by then, the sky not quite black but a rick dark blue.

The ghosts were not bothered by this, living in the dark such as they did. They circled the panting human who crouched on the ground and then, gleefully, started to attack.

At the first attack, a Haunter using Foul Play, Sigi's Substitute shattered in pieces. With Lilith tucked down and 'Sigi' gone, the other prepared attacks went flying out into the open air - and hit some of the ghosts. One was bowled over by a Shadow Ball and simply didn't get back up. Another one was bit into with a Thief and lashed out against her attacker, dragging them both into a battle beyond the humans.

There were still four ghosts left, one or two injured, who were furious with Lilith and Sigi. The Guardian had rolled out of the fight when the Substitute shattered, crawling over to the true Sigi's side and offering him a Potion from her bag. He accepted it gratefully and then pulled up a Tailwind behind them. As the ghosts flew towards the pair, he broke open the back of the house with a Psywave. Deprived of its last piece of support, the house started to crumble. Sigi pushed at it as he and Lilith darted through the hole and then let go. It collapsed with a loud cracking sound that echoed over the town.

Lilith's laugh filled the air as she ran beside him. Startled and a little thrown, he reached to her mind to see it swimming in wildness, pleased beyond measure to be running at night with him and the destruction they'd left behind.

The crackling of ghost energy against his side broke his mental link to Lilith. he could feel it draining him and pulled out the blueprints of the shield he had made before from his thoughts. It was a simple thing if rather unclear in the specifics, just a tight net of life energy woven over his skin, made with sticky string like String Shots to catch everything. The life energy came from him, but he had to have emotion infusing the strings to catch death. He choose anticipation and let it hum along along the threads inside of forcing its whispers of 'There's going to be a fight' down under layers and layers of sand. It took some concentration to weave the net with his emotions and energy while avoiding most of the ghost attacks, but flying in a defensive spiraled pattern was second nature to him - as a young Sigilyph, he had spent years flying such patterns with his elders before he was even allowed outside to guard his home.

He made the net and then they fell into the crevices of the hills.

Lilith couldn't think beyond was she was doing, one foot here, one there, kept moving, duck, dodge, spin, hit the ground and roll back up. She knew the smell of crisp fall in the air, the easy breath of night. She could see the dimmed light of the ghost attacks and how they hit Sigi. She knew her place almost instinctively (or was it Sigi in her head, telling her where to go?) scrambling up to the top of a hill so that she could see. She couldn't think because she was Sigi, she was Sigililith/Lilithsigi, a part of the beautifully coloured creature fighting down in the curves of the hills. She was the part that could see, that was up high and sucking in breaths of cold air while her body screamed at her to be still, still, quiet. She was the part showing him where the ghosts attacked from, showing him where to set his field of Light Screens, telling him when to use Aerial Ace, helping him crash down with Fly in exactly the right spot. (She knew how prey things moved, knew where they ran and hid, knew the wisps and twists of the wind that would pull them). She was high and he was low, but they were not different.

Sigi was barely any better than Lilith. He knew, vaguely, that she was not quite him, but he couldn't say how. Her thoughts answered his own and he used the tide of her energy as a pattern for his net. (It broke with each bare touch of ghost energy and he rewove it again and again, twisting and curling the energy so often that he felt sore). She was the light leading him to his enemies, to those who would dare attack what he protected. As the death touch washed over him time and again, energy flaring over and over until it left echoes of lights in his mind, he reached for her. She was certainty in a world where there was none Sigi was the certainty in a world where there was none and he used her as a ballast to center his mind around. Then he flooded his net with energy until it nearly glowed with it, curling like a self satisfied Skitty. He bound the threads together like he and Lilith were bound together - like lightning and thunder. After that, his net didn't break. It strained and weakened at times under the weight and rolled with shifting energy, but it stayed strong against the barrage of graverot, stayed strong as he flew up to the stars and fell down again, stayed strong as the shadows crept through the hills (his and theirs). But he didn't stay strong, stuttering like a flickering candle, rock and sand memories coming to him instead of energy, his wings turning to what felt like steel. The taint of death had been removed from the attacks, but the energy itself passed through his net like water through air.

When he whispered Retreat, run, hide she twisted and turned and headed towards a safe place. He followed her path like she'd set it out just for him.

Lilith felt the night air against her aching skin and lifted her face into it. She ran quickly for what she was, but even an exhausted Sigi always was and always would be faster than her. He caught up to her in a swirl of air a few streets from the inn - and the ghosts only a few turns after that. There were two of them still following. Their eyes glowed against the darkness and they filled them both with a grim terror, because they both could understand the promises of painful, shuddering-black vengeance that the ghosts hissed.

They spun to face them, perfectly synchronized, and well matched in their injures. Lilith knew, of course, every hit Sigi had felt, but it was different seeing them - it made her hands curl into fists and the storm that had taken over her mind started to clear. When the Shuppet lashed out with Pursuit, she threw herself in front of him without a second's thought. Blood splattered on the ground and was swept away by the gust of wind Sigi had dragged out of the depths of himself. It rolled and twisted and hid them from view. Lilith dragged herself forward, leaning heavily on Sigi as he made a path through the windstorm. It led to the Miramossa inn door, only a few feet away.

For the second time that night, the Miramossa inn door opened and Lilith Fauve and her Sigilyph came crashing through. This time the only one there was a laundry lady sipping her tea, who simply sighed and wondered how she was going to get the dirt and blood out of Lilith's clothes as the girl curled in a ball by a table. She started when Sigi collapsed on top of her - that was unusual. She hurried over to help, not noticing the snarling grins in the window since her eyes were fixed on the Guardian-pokemon pair.

"We're hurt," Lilith said, blinking up at her. Her face was pale and cleared of its normal smile. She looked far younger than she was and the blue harp on her armour only served to make it appear like she was dressing in her mother's clothes.

The laundry settled down into the task of feeding the girl sips of tea, helping her clean and bandage her wounds, and giving Sigi Potions. Her pokemon, a young female Jolteon and the only awake pokemon in the inn (Sigi didn't count because by this point he was at the very edges of consciousness, only holding on by a line strand of I have to stay, I have to guard Lilith), gave the ghosts a dark look. They left.

For those within the Miramossa inn, the night passed by peacefully.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Carnivale
 Posted: Apr 12 2014, 06:49 PM
| Quote |

Peace and safety, friend.
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 2105
Member No. 456
Joined on 22-July 12.

Characters:
Carmen Caldwell, Lahi Sharandi, Gilen Bassett

Grimm couldn't make it to my house, so he sent me this. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/8.png

You didn't really expect me to say anything here, did you, Seas? Business as usual.

I will be honest with you, Seas, I was like "Whaaaat?" for the first reading of this thing and then I reread it and reread it again. And I have to say--you got the "creativity" thing down pat. Plausibility's not far behind. Effectiveness...We'll see.

This is a very, very, very well-written post, even if I'm not going to say that I'm the right person to appreciate it. Still, I love how it was written, how the story went, so you deserve all two of these points. (:

---

Total:
+11 EXP for Sigi.
Substitute is now 50% learned.
Ghost resistance...Hm. This was a really weird training post, Seas, and some parts of it I don't get. So I'll give you 1.2x for now. I might come back and edit.

--------------------
PCR
Gilen Bassett
Profile --- Travels
|-|-|-|-|-|-|
Lahi Sharandi
Profile --- Travels
|-|-|-|-|-|-|
Carmen Caldwell
Profile ---- Travels
-
user posted image user posted image user posted image
| PM || Email |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 06:45 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

{Goals
  • Destroy Ghost weakness once and for all
  • Finish learning Substitute}
Wisps of clouds wrapped around the sky, the exact pale silvery-white colour as the crescent moon. It looked as though someone had taken a paintbrush and delicately feathered them across an icy blue canvas. Underneath them there was a girl with dark purple hair. She sat, cross legged, on top of a hill. It was covered in dry, thick bracken grass that spread out down below in and over a strange town. The town was made of small, ramshackle wooden buildings huddled together - some on the edges completely destroyed - and sometimes it appeared to be a city that extended up into the clouds above or a barren wasteland of burnt wood and cracked rocks.

Lilith was not looking at that. Her face was turned so that she looked out over the rolling hills in front of her. She stared at them, eyes narrowing, and inhaled the sharply crisp air of fall as easily as water. It was only late afternoon and on her perch, she could see almost everything around her.

She wasn't surprised when a Sigilyph flew by her and when he curved around behind her to rest she didn't even turn to look at him. Instead she sighed, and shifted her weight restlessly before setting her hands on top of her knees. Her mind went down the same paths it had before, even as she cursed herself for not finding the answer.

Sigi's still hurt more by ghost attacks than normal ones. Why is Sigi still hurt more by ghost attack than normal ones? He's learned how to completely take away the ghost edge to special and physical attacks, so he only gets hit with energy and physical force. And he's practised it enough that he should be able to do it whenever he likes. But it still isn't working. Why isn't it working? she wondered, leaning her head back fall enough that she could see Sigi upside down.

His thoughts touched her slowly, as though he was trying to convey a complicated concept without losing any of the details or as if he was handling something very fragile. The communication came down to a simple feeling of uncertainty and the word 'End?' formed as an image within her mind. Immediately, Lilith's lips turned down and her forehead wrinkled.

"No," she said out loud, and then repeated it just to hear the word again, "No. I've heard - I've seen that pokemon can overcome their weaknesses completely. I don't think this is as far as we can get. You got this far, after all, so that means it's possible, just that we're missing something now."

Lilith dug her fingernails into her skin. She believed what she was telling Sigi, every word of it, but she couldn't help also feeling that if they were missing something, it was probably that they had done the entire thing wrong and needed to start over again. She shivered, goosebumps rising on her arms as the wind roared past her. She wished for the third time that she had brought her cloak, but decided again that it wasn't the right thing to wear. It'd keep me warm, sure, but it would be - everyone always sees me when I wear it. And that's really nice, but I don't want that now. I just want to talk to Sigi alone and figure this out. It feels kinda wrong to wear it anyway, a little bit. It's for a hero and I'm not a hero, she thought, and then blinked in surprise when the wind stopped. It didn't lessen or die down a little; it was gone, as though there was no wind at all.

She blinked and Sigi gently pushed her head up so that she was staring straight ahead again. The warm rush of blood moving rapidly made her head tingle, but she still offered Sigi a large, if glazed, smile. She had a Sigi; she didn't need a cloak. She just needed to work out how to help him. And if she couldn't help him yet, well, playing was good too.

Lilith rolled up and caught Sigi's left wing between her hands. He twisted neatly and let her drop, laughing, onto the grass. It scratched against her skin and then cooled it, a deep coldness seeping in from the earth. She patted it gently, thinking It's too bad Sigi can't fix this too, but - . She froze and closed her eyes, searching for the glimmer of an idea that had passed by her. It felt right, like it would work. She simply tried to pull it out of the mess of cloak and coldness thoughts, ignoring the chill that was creeping across her skin. Sigi tried to reach out to her, but she batted him aside, afraid his thoughts would only muddle hers further. After the third time, his presence filled with a sort of shifting worry. The billowing wind came back, making Lilith gasp in surprise as it pushed back her hair. She opened her eyes to see Sigi hovering in front of her and something clicked.

The wind is cold because it's moving, but it's cold when it isn't moving too, just less cold. But less cold isn't warm. And the ground is cold too and it's only warmed by the sunlight, because the sunlight is warm and you needsomethingwarmtomakeacoldthingwarm! Just like you need something alive to make a dead thing - a ghost thing - alive, she thought in a quick burst, sending it to Sigi as soon as she formed a new word in her head, knowing that even if she couldn't remember why this was such a revelation, he would.

She twitched and snapped her fingers as Sigi turned her thoughts over in his mind, her eyes flicking from hill to him to sky to him. She pushed at him mentally until strong, steely walls cut off everything between them but a faint trickle of awareness. She sighed, threw herself backwards and landed on the grass with a huff. Her arms spread out wide like the Sigilyph's wings and she stared at the sky, her cheeks filled with air and her bottom lip pushed out.

After a moment or three, Sigi let the shields slide away as easily as oil across glass and sent her his conclusion. It was shaky, but it showed him drawing life-force from his body to hang on the golden web of threads like raindrops.

Lilith choked on the words she was about to say and bounced up top tackle him down. Her hands drew him down so that at least two eyes met hers and she snarled.

"Never. I will never let you use your own life to stop attacks, they aren't worth it, they aren't worth you, death can't have you."

Sigi almost drew back from her, eyes like she'd gone sun-mad and her mind thrown into a sudden whirl with fear and protective anger. He had not known many humans before Lilith; he hadn't thought much about her instant acceptance of him in her mind aside from a simple gratefulness for it and a worry that she would get herself hurt by trusting psychics so easily. But now he could see, a little, how strange it was. They had built a bond in a few months that he didn't even have with most of his own, that many psychic pokemon never had. She hadn't just accepted him. She had welcomed him, dragged him in, clung to him.

Carefully, he reached into her thoughts - it took almost no effort, even beyond her open friendliness to psychics she trusted him, she let every guard down - and found her feelings towards him and Rai. They had the strength of a woman of faith thinking about her gods.

She had fallen; they had caught her. She'd been lost; they found her. She had been alone and now she wasnotalone

Loneliness was what he was feeling, he realized. It was different than the loneliness he'd felt, dry and hard like a stone dragging him down. Lilith's was a river in storm, flooding out into the whole world and begging it to take her in. She would take any risk to be accepted and she had been doing it for so long and she knew how it felt to be wrong. And he remembered it with her. He felt her letting go of her last handhold, felt her fear because she was sure it would lead her back into darkness. Had seen her do it anyway - had seen her searching for hope like water in the desert - and he had watched as she found nothing. She was as peaceful in her acceptance as the water searchers had been in death.

But she had kept living.

Quietly Sigi untangled himself from her mind, pouring comfort and reassurance into the cracks as he left. I won't, he promised, I won't. It was too easy to get lost in Lilith's mind when her mental state was like an open wound. He'd done it before, he thought, and he wasn't even sure how many times it had been. He thought she was healing, scarring over, but it would take time. When he moved away he built up barriers between them and reminded himself to keep a close watch on them. They were only sand and Lilith's flood was already eroding them.

Something else, he sent her, something new because he didn't want to touch the star-brightness of her mind again until it stopped trying to devour him. Ghosts were too close and he could learn on his own. He gave her the picture of a false Sigilyph and Lilith bunched up her hands like flower bouquets, but agreed. They would work on Substitute for now.

Last time he had tried to make a real Sigi, him but stuffed full of dust and scrap energy. He had imagined that was how Substitutes were made, since the ones he'd seen always had dust in them. Now he thought Substitute was more like a ghost. A leftover part of him when his real self went somewhere else. He carefully kept that thought from Lilith. She was chattering below him, bright and sharp.

"Substitute should be simple, it's just moving a quarter of your health or energy or whatever to somewhere outside your body, right?" Lilith said, her fingers curled around Sigi's wing, "It should just look like you naturally, what else would it look like? It's part of you. I guess it might be a you that's smaller than the real you - "

Sigi showed her an image of a doll cracking in half (he'd almost showed her a Sigilyph cracking in half but he caught himself in time) and the shell of it being thin, with a hollow inside. For a second it seemed she would start thinking about ghosts again - and then she thought It's like a nutshell without a nut. Her thoughts wandered towards the times she'd cracked and eaten wild nuts and Sigi took the time to contemplate. Lilith's background chatter was soothing, like the whisper of wind around the ruins.

Cleaving energy off his soul was exhausting, but not too hard; it wasn't very different from using a move. He shoved it out into the world and then flew back to see the results. Lilith looked up at the movement and blinked. Her hazel eyes latched onto the thing he had created.

There was something floating in the air above the grass. It blurred the air around it and it had the colours of a Sigilyph, but it was clearly wrong. It drifted faintly back and forth to the tune of the winds.

Before Sigi could stop her, Lilith poked it.

"Ow!" she drew her hand back and stuck her finger in her mouth, talking around it, "It's definitely solid. And I think it shocked me."

Sigi swept forward and quickly swallowed the energy back up before Lilith could touch it again (to see if it would shock her a second time). It settled easily within him, melting down into a soft warmth and flush of alertness.

[thoughts, feelings, etc. need to go in & get reabsorbed later]

&

It’d been a while since she’d thought about it. Months has passed. It seemed so long ago – Sigi didn’t like her, then. She remembered fighting off a horde of ghosts (looking back, she thinks there were probably less than she’d thought. Maybe there was only ever one, wearing an illusion, and maybe that’s why her and Sigi got so muddled at the end. They hadn’t even won, and she’s not sure why she’d thought the Miramossa Inn needed protection). That was interesting too, the one time the clear boundary between her and Sigi had blurred. It had been frightening and exhilarating – to her, anyway. To Sigi it’d just been frightening. Things could happen when someone spent too long with a psychic type, shared their mind too much, was willing to give their soul over to them. He worried they could’ve been one mind forever, and had enforced (slightly) stricter boundaries after that. It was easier now; she knew who she was, she wasn’t swept away in danger and adrenaline as much. Still, she doesn’t regret the memory. It’d been nice to be so certain for once. She wouldn’t want to live like that, though, even if it meant she’d never be alone, because in a way she’d always be alone. Sigi wouldn’t really be there, separate, he'd just be pressed in with her. And it would’ve been hard to connect with people outside – like Rai.

But it was easier now, almost simple. She could walk around Sigi’s mind with his help, her thoughts completely her own. He was there, of course, but he was always there. So it took work, but she could see the ghost veil of his like he saw it, out of his eyes and through his mind.

“I want a closer look, Sigi, please?”

He tugged it out for her, like a magician taking off his hat and bowing. Sigi had made something like a veil, similar to a bride’s veil but woven between worlds. Veins of the essence of life – energy and emotion – ran through it, forming a net-like pattern (it reminded her of the fishing nets she’d seen in Marchton). It was a trap, really, a trap made just for ghost energy. Death was drawn to life, and the life in the net caught the ghostly, deathly edge, leaving pure physical force or energy. It worked, but Lilith wasn’t really sure it was anywhere near finished. It was small, a rectangle that didn’t cover all of Sigi’s body and it wouldn’t protect his back. And he had to remake it every time it was used, with his own life energy used as bait there had been more than one argument over that; Sigi had eventually won by the tactic of being endlessly patient. It was only a little bit, and it protected his psychic core of energy from the rotting that came and spread with the touch of death energy. Still, Lilith thought it needed improvement.

The first thing was to make it larger, draping it around Sigi like a second skin. That he did as soon as she asked and Lilith admired the net that was draped over him. Her eyes couldn't really see it, but she thought it should look like tiny sparkling bits of glass and so it did. She reached out to touch it, but all she felt on her fingers was, maybe, a bit of warm tingling. It could have just been the sunlight pouring over the meadow.

Sigi also needed a different source of energy (Lilith could be patient too). One that replaced itself and didn't require anything from him.

She saw grass growing over dead plants, and tried that – but Sigi wasn't a grass-type pokemon and he couldn't gather the energy that grew in the green life. She looked at the sun instead, casting shadows on her hand, bright and warm and the opposite of death (except in the desert). And in the desert, the opposite of death is water – but Sigi couldn't touch water's energy either. The desert is right, though, she thought, looking into the blue, blue sky, Sigishield's of the desert, I can take him away from it but it still lives in him. It lived in her too, in a different way.

And he draws from them, sun and earth, gently weaving the edges of his veils-coat into the slow essence of them, creating rivers of energy instead of a net. The two springs, the star and the ground all must eventually fall to, feeds the rivers easily, creating a veil that requires no thought, no effort. It just exists. As Lilith watches, it sinks into Sigi’s body, melding and spreading through the clay. She can feel it in his mind, too, a shimmering veil settling into the desert landscape. It solidifies into a tiny oasis.

Lilith couldn't quite express how beautiful it was, even though Sigi looked the same as always.

[lol work out what this post is actually supposed to be http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png]

[Flight: maybe ancient power? the stone is old and the ground, older, and it will survive having its essence yanked by one of its children and reshaped into something that will kill what should have returned to the earth]

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Training | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.