Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 90
Ml: 45 - Fml: 44 - Oth: 1
OR - 13 | R - 16 | H - 40 | G - 21

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Summer

The onset of the Summer season has led to a swarming of Fire-, Electric-, and Bug-types, overtaking most populations in the Region. In their place, Water- and Grass-types have retreated to the shade and to cooler areas, while Ice-types have all but vanished. The rising temperatures has also led to the annual thaw of the infamously cold Istin City, though it remains the coldest.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Denzil Heath's Travels, Amakiir
Kaia
 Posted: May 31 2017, 09:43 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 305
Member No. 2161
Joined on 29-December 15.

Characters:
Kalliope Tamsin, Namid Waagosh'Giizis

Awards: 4

{0.6 EXP! Sorry it took so long, I like to read travels from the beginning when I haven't worked with them before}

The mudbray didn't understand safety so much as see the open pathway to run and bolt beyond the humans. It did slow to a canter about fifty feet beyond them near the bend of a foothill. Sides heaving, sweat slicked down its back and forelegs, it looked beaten down and bruised. It peered uncertainly back toward where the two canines awaited, caught up by the humans. The canines in question tossed their heads with frustration. The houndour had her teeth bared, fire licking her maw. Smoke trilled up the sides of her face, giving her an eerie cast. She bent low and snapped her teeth loudly, challenging.

The poochyena was less aggravated, staying a step behind its counterpart with its tail low between its legs. Ruby's interference had both creatures rear back and bound to the right, directly into the rocky opening Denzil had offered. Celene pursed her lips. She may have been friendly to Denzil, who was tasked with accompanying her to Doran, but she wasn't an overly warm and merciful person. The tight lines around her mouth and eyes argued with the cold understanding that pokemon die, it's just the way of the world. "If we go out of our way to take in these scavengers it'll cause problems later on." She pointed out. Her fingers hovered over her own pokeballs out of habit.

Finally, her eyes gave way. They softened just a little around the edges. The poochyena had patches of bare skin where malnutrition and strife wore at the fur. The houndour, better suited to heat if not to the desert, looked slightly less manged but had a few scars around her jaws and throat. She dashed past the humans into the edges of the riverbed, then trotted in a circle, facing the humans once again. The poochyena watched her back, yellow eyes wide. "If we succeed, you'll take care of them. If you want to go so far as to pick up strays, you better be prepared for the consequences." She snapped her fingers and Patch bounded over, a little worn but still energetic enough to assist.

"Keep pace with them and don't let them leave the riverbed. Quick attack if they try, but don't step into it yourself. Your skill lies in speed and we don't want you bogged down by the clay." She cut her voice low and even, as not to carry. Patch nodded and made a high pitched assent, then bounded off to do her handler's bidding. Serafina stayed back until ordered. "I'll help where I can." She stepped to his left and bent her knees, ready to do what was necessary. But she clearly left Denzil in control of the situation. Perhaps she wanted to make sure he could handle his own. Perhaps she didn't want to grow attached to the beasts and winning them would go far to do so.

Maybe she was just tired from the day and wanted to move on, but gave deference in light of her whole "I'm actually a villain" spiel. Whatever her reasons, Denzil was up. The mudbray kept out of the way, exhausted and trying to catch its breath a ways off. It would remain so long as it wasn't chased, too tuckered out to do anything at all. Its sides trembled with fear and shock even so.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Gen7Pokemon/749_zpsi1mbmma2.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
- Close by but staying the heck away from the predators
- Exhausted, dripping sweat

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/261poochyena.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
- Willing to attack if prompted

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/228houndour.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
- Stalking toward Denzil, leading out of the riverbed.
- Clearly in charge
- Aggressive

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels
Incredible sprite by Mackay!

retired

| PM || AIM |
^
Amakiir
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 01:45 PM
| Quote |

Houseplant Diglett
Members
Total Posts: 152
Member No. 1667
Joined on 22-June 14.

Characters:
Denzil Heath

Awards: 1

Denzil held a hand behind his back and gave what he hoped was a reassuring wave towards the muddy donkey. The flames licking up along the wild hound's face confirmed his suspicions, a Fire-Type. While he had a mild tolerance for heat from living in Navdia and working at the forge fires, a creature's natural flame was nothing to take lightly. He would have to be careful, especially for Ruby's sake.

His grip tightened on the haft of his stave, eyes noting the blade reflecting the sun's light onto the sand in a faint rainbow prism. The fire hound's aggressive stance showed her as the immediate threat, especially if it came down to a literal firefight.

The dusky canine to the back was another story, the submissive demeaner and the cowering tail showing that it viewed the louder of the pair as its alpha. If they were able to weaken her, then the Poochyena may either fall in line or take off for the hills. Sand flew into the air when Ruby's Signal Beam duo struck the ground, driving the wild pair through the narrow rocky outcrop.

Their hunger a riding factor, they did not go far before turning about and putting the group back in their sights. "If I cannot, then I will find someone who can." he replied resolute, exiting the passage with Ruby hovering overhead.

Seeing Celene's preparations eased his thoughts somewhat, allowing him to turn them towards the matter at hand. With Patch maintaining the riverbed's boundary that would minimize the risk of the pair taking off or worse, circling around to take them by surprise. The warped and cracked field of clay was still a few feet back and the pair would need at least another push to drive them back into the trap.

Catching the sunlight reflecting off the stave's blade gave him an idea. He carefully angled the blade so that the reflected light would be angled towards the Houndour's narrowed eyes. Ruby's prismatic beam struck twice more, once near the Poochyena as a spook tactic while the second was a direct attack aimed at the (hopefully) distracted Houndour.

Ruby's clear wings pulsed lightly for a the span of a heart's beat, her movements growing swifter even as she climbed higher and surveyed the situation. Denzil moved quickly through the pass and set himself to the side, positioned to help box in the two stragglers.

-----------
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/193yanma.png
Ruby
Ruby - Speed Boost x2 (x1 from previous round)
Signal Beam x2 - One to the ground to kick up sand, the other as an attack on the Houndour.

Denzil - Angling sunlight towards the Houndour's eyes by reflecting it off his staff blade.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Navdia Crater | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (3) 1 2 3  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.