Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Lucius Lancaster III's Travels, Sir Eev
SeleneHime
 Posted: May 20 2014, 09:24 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 661
Member No. 34
Joined on 20-September 11.

Characters:
Reginald Duarte; Jaden; Eglantine Sorrel

Awards: None

Welcome to Harper! Please put a link to your character and travels in your signature, and post in the Update Requests whenever you’re ready to move on in your travels or have training/development posts to be graded. I hope that you’ll enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

An easy smile stretched across Bobert’s features, and he took the boy’s hand and gave it a firm shake. “Glad t’ see yer enthusiastic. I was on my way to Miramossa when I found ye,” the older man said, and looked to Lucky’s family with a polite nod. “Well, best be off if we want to get anywhere before – burnin’ daylight. Again, nice to meet you, ladies. I’ll be takin’ care of yer boy, so no need to worry,” he said, and picked his hat off the table, tipping it to them as he put it on.

Bobert supplied Lucky with an arm to act as a human crutch until they got to the edge of the property line if he needed it, probably both so he could safe face with youthful pride and so the boy would take it easier on his leg. Once there, he pulled a pokeball from his belt pouch, rolled it between his fingers to check the scratches on the surface, and let out his companion. Bobert’s joking about a pack mule looked like it was pretty far off, considering what joined them. A tall girafarig materialized from the flash of red light, lightly stomping the ground under her hooves. The ripple of muscle through her shoulders showed she was a well developed equine, and intelligent warmth was apparent in the girafarig’s brown eyes. What felt like curiosity pressed into their minds as she extended her neck to sniff at Lucky, well aware of the blood under his bandages.

“Yer right, Nessie. He’s hurt, but he’s our new friend. Mind if he hops on your back?”

The question made the dual-type tilt her head as she regarded the teen, but stepped up to make it easier for him. Another smile tugged at the older man’s lips, and he nodded.
“That’sa good girl. All right, boy, up we go – Gonna have to rest that leg before we work it. And we’ll have plenty of time to do that tonight,” Bobert said, giving Lucky a boost on his good side. Once the teenager was seated, he took a moment to prod him into good riding posture – “So ye don’t fall off” - and then clucked his tongue at the partial psychic.

He stayed near Lucky at all times, ready to catch him in case his new travel companion lost his balance, but not close enough to feel stifling. He obviously wanted Lucky to get a feel for riding bareback on his own, and only offered a word of advice if it looked like he really needed the help. After about half an hour of that, the cheerful old man’s energy seemed to prohibit him from staying quiet much longer.
“So, sonny, why don’t ye meet yer pokemon while we’re traveling? Ye won’t have to get down – it’s small,” Bobert said, and reached over to give Nessie a good rub on her neck. She leaned into the gesture while they walked, clearly appreciative of it.

--------------------
PCR & Master Post
The Dawnsinger
The Jade Fox
The Paradox
| PM |
^
Sir Eev
 Posted: May 21 2014, 02:36 AM
| Quote |

That guy
Members
Total Posts: 308
Member No. 1585
Joined on 5-May 14.

Characters:
Lucius Lancaster III "Lucky"

(OOC: Soooo, after thinking about how I was going to do this for a while, I decided I’d go over what you posted and share Lucky’s POV during it and then add his response. This is my first ever RP thread so I wasn’t quite sure how to respond. That being said, any advice would be greatly appreciated whenever you have any for me! http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/3.png Anyways, thank you so much for your patience with me!)

[egg count: 1]

“Well, best be off if we want to get anywhere before – burnin’ daylight. Again, nice to meet you, ladies. I’ll be takin’ care of yer boy, so no need to worry,” Though it felt like he was in a dream, the words echoed in his mind trying to convince him otherwise—this was happening. Apparently while Lucky was unconscious and recovering, Bobert had managed to somehow convince his family to let the boy travel with him Still stunned by the events taking place before his eyes, the teenager attempted to gather himself as the old man picked up his hat and began his trek to (what he guessed was) Miramossa. Turning to follow the man, Lucky had almost forgotten about the wound he had suffered only 3 days prior. A jolt of pain shot through his leg reminding him of the fact, causing him to stumble and nearly fall on his face before the adventure had even begun. If simply walking was this bad, Lucky could not even bear to imagine playing the part of Bobert’s pack mule as well.

Fortunately for the teenager, the joke about him lugging around Bobert’s belongings was just that—a joke. Bobert walked at his side, offering to let Lucky use him as a sort of human crutch. “Thank you,” Lucky said, forcing out a smile through the pain, “but I’ll manage.” In truth, the teenager would have been more than grateful for the assistance, but his pride would not allow him to be a dead weight. No, he would earn his keep and, hopefully, the respect of the old man. After all, Lucky felt indebted to the traveler. Not only had Bobert saved his life, but now he was granting him the opportunity of a lifetime, a chance to live out his dream. What could he possibly do to repay him?

_____

Once they reached the property line, Bobert simply stopped. Lucky watched quizzingly at the man as he pulled out a pokeball from his belt pouch which, in turn, released a red flash of light. The light danced for a moment before forming into a pokemon that Lucky had never seen before as the teenager’s consciousness was met with an unfamiliar presence. Sniffing at Lucky, the creature seemed to be studying him.

“Yer right, Nessie. He’s hurt, but he’s our new friend. Mind if he hops on your back?”

“M-me? W-w-what?” Lucky protested, but to no avail. Before he could do anything, he was being boosted up onto the back of the pokemon. With his injured leg being closest to the pokemon, he was unable to get it all the way over its back, ending with him facing the opposite direction than what he was supposed to be. “Well uh…now what,” Lucky remarked flusterdly, noticing that there was a head in front of him, though smaller in size. Eventually though, Lucky was situated correctly and worked into what he assumed was proper posture for riding. His assumptions were confirmed when Bobert finished maneuvering him and exclaimed, “So ye don’t fall off.”

Even though the party walked at a relatively slow pace towards Miramossa, Lucky found riding a pokemon to be much more difficult than he would have otherwise imagined. For some reason, he was unable to find his balance. Much of this he chalked up to not being able to squeeze tightly enough with his weaker left leg, but even still he was frustrated that Bobert had to continuously help him to stay on. Bobert did not seem to be bothered in the slightest by his constant struggle, appearing to be enjoying the experience instead. Lucky could not help but feel that there was something more to this cheerful old man than what he knew, but then again, it could just be that Lucky was imagining things once again.

Bobert’s request for Lucky to meet his new pokemon caused his daydreams to be cut short, but he didn’t mind—his curiosity had been engaged. Until now, he had forgotten all about the pokeball that Bobert had given him earlier that day, tucked preciously inside his tunic. As he retrieved the device, anticipation built within the boy until he felt as if he were about to explode. Pressing the pokeball released his angst as a similar flash of red light burst from the device, though when it reformed, a chatot was left in its wake. Perched on the head of the girafarig, Nessie, the bird stared directly at Lucky, cocking its head to the side in confusion.

“His name is Vergil,” Bobert beamed.

“Name is Vergil. Name is Vergil,” parroted the pokemon. Caught completely off guard, Lucky fell backwards off of Nessie in astonishment, landing flat on his back with a dull thud. Apparently, the chatot was quite amused by this, as Vergil decided to reenact the event for viewing pleasure. Vergil carefully relocated itself on the back of Nessie only to fall (purposefully) backwards and land on Lucky’s stomach. Throughout its performance, the chatot never stopped cackling.

“It wasn’t THAT funny.” Lucky stated embarrassed. And sure enough, Vergil had a response.

“Funny. THAT funny!” Vergil cackled once more.

For a first meeting, Lucky was rather impressed at the intelligence of Vergil, though he foresaw the parrot to be much more than just a handful. Even still, he was more satisfied with his new companion than he would let on, grateful to have a friend that was sure to make him laugh. As he lay on the ground with Vergil laughing on his stomach, Lucky was, once again, left imagining what was in store for him.

--------------------
“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2

Lucius "Lucky" Lancaster III
Cypress Hill
Miles Ashford-Thatcher
Retired Characters

| PM |
^
SeleneHime
 Posted: May 29 2014, 11:38 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 34

Characters:

[0.7 EXP for Post!]
{20 OOC redeemed for +2 Egg Counts.}

Not one to be left out of the fun, Bobert laughed long and hard with them. It seemed both that no time at all had passed, and hours with how breathless they were when they managed to catch themselves. Nessie touched her soft pink nose to Lucky’s good leg while a hint of amusement passed over their minds, but also just a little bit of concern. Judging from the area of her touch, she was making sure he didn’t jar the bad one too much. “Here we go, then, lad,” Bobert said, still grinning as he offered the teen a hand. For his age, Bobert proved quite strong. He didn’t just pull Lucky to his feet; he all but lifted him with one arm.

His travel companion helped him back onto the girafaig’s back, and it wasn’t but a moment later that his avian companion fluttered up onto Lucky’s shoulder. Whether or not Vergil realized he’d been passed off to a new handler was yet to be seen, but so far he seemed to like his new human. They’d have the entire afternoon to explore their relationship, because Bobert only stopped twice the entire trek to rest.

The sun began to set before his seasoned companion decided it was time to call it quits for the night. He helped Lucky down, even wincing a little sympathetically when the teenager proved metaphorically saddle sore, but reached into the leather bag looped around Nessie’s neck to withdraw a small kettle and some dented bronze cups. With it came a cloth wrapped package while he pulled two pokeballs from his belt pouch.
“Since we’re settlin’ down for the night, I think we’re due for a little tea,” Bobert said with a twinkling smile, and not a moment later a panpour and an almost newborn looking cyndaquil joined them. Said flaming rodent almost immediately sat on Bobert’s boot, and Nessie gave a soft snort behind Lucky.

“This here,” Bobert said, gesturing to the fire-type, “is Ignius. He answers to Iggy, though,” the old man added with a conspiratorial wink as a high pitched “Cyn!” came from it. He then motioned to the monkey that was currently filling their kettle with scalding water, one paw holding it off the ground and the other testing the heat. “The little lady is Brenda. She may act grumpy, but she won’t bite – too hard.”

With basic introductions tended, Bobert nodded to Lucky’s leg.
“If ye still are feeling up to it, we need to work that a smidgen. Let it sit too long and ye won’t be able to use it,” the old handler pointed out with a frown, and folded his arms. If Lucky was indeed feeling capable, he might not feel so capable by the time Bobert was done with him. Pain had a tendency to be exhausting, and it would cause the rest of the day to catch up to him pretty quick. Nonetheless, he’d have to give it a chance sooner or later. Given it was the first day for Lucky to be out and about, though, it didn’t look like Bobert would hold him against it if he just wanted to relax this one time.

Regardless of what he did at the moment, they still ended up having a nice fragrant cup of tea, leaves still sitting on the bronze bottoms, while they munched on pepper seasoned jerky and surprisingly soft palm loaves. Even though Bobert didn’t say anything about it, it was very probable that Nessie had used her minor psychic capabilities to both shield and preserve the bread from going stale.

Eventually, he looked from Lucky to Vergil and grinned.
“Say, lad – want to get yer feet wet before we tuck in? Iggy could use some practice, an’ it wouldn’t hurt ye to get to know each other in battle, either. Whole different book, battle, from chattering on the road.”

--------------------
PCR & Master Post
The Dawnsinger
The Jade Fox
The Paradox
| PM |
^
Sir Eev
 Posted: May 30 2014, 01:51 AM
| Quote |

That guy
Members
Member No. 1585
Joined on 5-May 14.

Characters:

[Egg Post: 2+2=4]

With the coming of his first sunset away from the farm, Lucky could not help but feel a little homesick. The presence of Bobert, Nessie, and his new companion Vergil surely suppressed these feelings, but still his mind had not quite adjusted to being away from home. His mother's voice echoed in his ears as he thought of what life would be like for his family with him out of the picture, one less hand to tend the fields. On the bright side, the young man conceded, there was but one less mouth to feed as well.

Lost as he was in his imagination, the teenager almost didn't notice when Nessie had stopped walking. In truth, it was Vergil instead who had caused Lucky to break away from his daydreams, taking flight off the boy’s shoulder. Looking around, the boy let loose an almost inaudible groan escape his lips when he realized that he would need to get OFF of Nessie. His legs were stiff and achy from riding all day. The innards of his thighs were rubbed raw. Made worse for wear in his condition, the simple task of dismounting the beast proved to be a much more difficult feat than Lucky thought should have been possible and required the assistance of the healthy old man. With plenty of help (and a great deal of huffing and puffing), the young man reached his destination: the ground. With feet planted firmly (if not a little painfully) on the earth, Lucky took a moment to catch his breath from the endeavor.

“Since we’re settlin’ down for the night, I think we’re due for a little tea,” the old man Bobert exclaimed, simultaneously letting loose two new pokemon. Lucky perceived to be some sort of water monkey and a fiery mouse, whom Bobert introduced as Brenda and Ignius respectively.

“Nice to meet you,” Lucky said to the pokemon as he turned around, “you can call me Lucky.” Though the teenager felt rather silly telling a pokemon to call him by his nickname (or any name for that matter), he thought maybe one of them was like Vergil. Instead, the only words that met his were of the parrot’s.

“Call me Lucky!” Vergil squawked, perching himself once more on the teenager’s shoulder. Having already learned that trying to correct the bird would lead to nothing but mild frustration, the young man merely shot it an odd look.

“If ye still are feeling up to it, we need to work that a smidgen. Let it sit too long and ye won’t be able to use it.” The glance Lucky shot Vergil caused him to miss the nod, but he correctly assumed the Bobert was talking about his leg. At first, the younger man was hesitant to accept, youthful pride stepping in the way, but the traveler was likely to know something that he didn’t that might help him… or maybe not so much. Though he was rather exhausted, Lucky simply nodded at the old man, hoping the concern on his face did not show.

_____

After a quality meal enjoyed in quiet appreciation, Bobert broke the silence. “Say, lad – want to get yer feet wet before we tuck in? Iggy could use some practice, an’ it wouldn’t hurt ye to get to know each other in battle, either. Whole different book, battle, from chattering on the road.” Taken by surprise, Lucky hesitated before answering the old man.

“Y-yes sir!” Lucky replied, suddenly unsure of himself, “How bout you, Vergil?”

“Yer right!” Vergil answered in a voice not unlike Bobert’s. At this, Lucky looked wonderingly at the parrot, once more amazed at his companion’s grasp of human speech. Well, Lucky thought to himself, At least one of us knows what we’re doing.

--------------------
“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2

Cypress Hill
Miles Ashford-Thatcher
Retired Characters

| PM |
^
SeleneHime
 Posted: Jun 6 2014, 07:21 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 34

Characters:

[0.7 EXP for Post!

True to his word, Bobert did indeed make Lucky work his bum leg. The boy not only felt it now, after going through a series of long stretches that the bouncy man made him hold until his eyes watered, but also making Lucky walk laps around their little campsite – twice using Bobert himself as a human crutch, and one by himself – he’d definitely feel it come morning after the other little exercises. Maybe Bobert would be nice enough to him and let him rest then, or find something to take the edge off his throbbing leg. Then again, Bobert wasn’t an actual healer, it didn’t look like, just someone that knew a thing or two. Maybe hoping for a pinch of herbs from his companion wasn’t that great of an idea.

Bobert set aside his still steaming tea when Lucky answered his question, grinning once more.
“Wonderful!” the chirped, reaching over to pat the cyndaquil on the head. Iggy’s pointed snout twitched a little while he longingly looked at the unattended cup, but looked up at Lucky and Vergil, and promptly turned his attention back to the cup. The little fire-type was at least the same size as the chatot, saving Lucky any undue worry about his partner getting possibly crushed. There was, of course, the possibility of singed feathers.

The old man got to his feet without any preamble, and practically bounced over to help Lucky up. Given the kind of day he’d had, htere was no shame in a little help.
“Alrighty, lad. We can mebbe assume ye haven’t had much practice on a farm, but that’s okay. Ye whippersnappers always seem to pick up quick,” Bobert said, and laughed.

The evening shadows made the lines on his face look all the more severe, and while Bobert was clearly getting on up there, the effect was surprising. He looked considerably older. If it wasn’t for Bobert’s zeal, he’d look very nearly ancient. He either didn’t realize that fact or found it unimportant, and patted Lucky’s head in a good natured manner before returning to his coaching.

“Mmmkay – first thing’s first. Unless ye can’t stand at all, y’ll want to be up and about for any match that comes yer way. Pokemon are smart, but another set o’ eyes can make all the difference. Youngin’s will need more direction that those who’ve seen a thing or two, but once ye get more comfortable in battle, y’ll know what to do an’ really should just need to offer suggestions or warnin’s. Remember, lad, fighting another handler is different from fighting a wild one. Yer up against two heads, not one, an’ maybe even more. Even wild ones can shock ye – they’re not used to being by their lonesome, so they have to be smart,” Bobert said, and gestured to Iggy with a two-note whistle. The cyndaquil popped his head up from the tea, squeaked, and proceeded to come bounding over while licking the droplets from his muzzle.

Once Iggy made it within a couple yards Bobert held up a hand, getting his little friend to come to a screeching halt. Bobert gave Lucky a friendly wink as he walked away.
“Here we go, lad.”

Iggy took one look at Vergil, gave cheerful
“Cyn!” and seemed to disappear as soon as Lucky blinked. The quick attack put him neck and neck with the parrot’s wings, and the fire-type giggled as he rolled past his opponent. The young cyndaquil probably saw the bout as a game, which was just as well for Lucky, since he could learn the ropes without any pressure.

“C’mon, Iggy – Let’s show the lad what you can do,” Bobert prompted, and laughed when that got a series of high-pitched squeals from his young friend. “Y’ll be fine. Give it a try.”

The cyndaquil shuffled his paws around while he tried to decide if he could do whatever it was, right, and also afforded Lucky time to reevaluate. They could even take advantage of the hesitation if they so desired. Iggy drew a long breath after a pause, and the red patches on his back sparked to life with a healthy blaze. Not a heartbeat later, that little fire flared into the coming night sky with gusto. He dashed forward in an all-out charge.

Battle!

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/441chatot.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 5
Vergil
Condition: Fine.
Actions: - - -

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/155cyndaquil.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 7
Iggy
Condition: Fine, feeling playful and sheepish.
Actions:
- Used Quick Attack (an early-level trained move).
- Used Flame Charge.

In this occasion, you’re free to decide on what happens with the Flame Charge, Eev.

--------------------
PCR & Master Post
The Dawnsinger
The Jade Fox
The Paradox
| PM |
^
Sir Eev
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 03:54 AM
| Quote |

That guy
Members
Member No. 1585
Joined on 5-May 14.

Characters:

(OOC: If I did the battle summary wrong, just let me know and I can fix it!)

[Egg Count = 5]

Bobert’s advice had not fallen on deaf ears; rather, Lucky clung to every word the man had to say. The information he provided would undoubtedly aid the teenager and his companion in both the near future and any events that were sure to come after the fact. Therefore, every last morsel of information was taken to heart. The only concept that worried the younger man was his own ability to assist his partner, Vergil. The chatot was sure to not have very much experience yet and would benefit from Lucky’s guidance a great deal in their very first battle in particular. As long as I can just remember Vergil’s moves.

But before he even had the time to mentally review Vergil’s attacks, the chatot took flight as Bobert had declared the beginning of the bout. ”Cyn!” Iggy announced as the cyndaquil dashed forth with surprising speed, clipping the hovering chatot’s right wing and sending the parrot spiraling towards the ground. Though he had only been flying several feet above the ground, the landing could not have been pleasant for the pokemon. Fortunately, The quick attack propelled the young mouse several feet behind chatot in the process, leaving it somewhat vulnerable.

“Vergil! Use… uh… umm…” Lucky racked his brain for a move. He was still stunned from the instantaneousness of the battle. One moment they had been drinking tea, the next the battle had already begun. Flustered as he was, the teenager could not remember a single move off the top of his head. He began to panic.

Before an order could be given, Vergil gathered himself from the ground, turned around to face the cyndaquil, and let loose a supersonic sound wave from his beak. Since he was now facing his handler, Lucky had to side step several times (quite painfully) in an attempt to avoid being affected by the attack himself. Hmph.So much for guidance, Lucky thought to himself, though pride filled his chest at his companion’s battle sense.

Without noticing whether the attack had done it’s “magic” yet or not, Lucky was able to notice that the cyndaquil was headed straight for Vergil in a fiery blaze. ”Watch out, Vergil! Protect yourself!” Lucky warned, hardly realizing he had given the chatot a command. In truth, the boy was just trying to look out for his friend. Even still, upon hearing his handler, Vergil tucked in his wings, lowered his head and stiffened his body in preparation for impact. Compact as he was, the soft green light that emanated from the parrot would have been indistinguishable had it not been for the coming night sky.

Battle!

Lucky

Condition: Flustered, but fine.
Actions:
- Attempting to dodge the supersonic.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/441chatot.png user posted image Lv. 5
Vergil
Condition: Right wing hit by quick attack, rough landing. Otherwise, fine.
Actions:
- Used Supersonic to try and confuse Iggy.
- Used Protect to avoid being singed.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/155cyndaquil.png user posted image Lv. 7
Iggy
Condition: Fine, feeling playful and sheepish.
Actions: - - -

--------------------

Cypress Hill
Miles Ashford-Thatcher
Retired Characters

| PM |
^
SeleneHime
 Posted: Jun 13 2014, 10:06 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 34

Characters:

[0.7 EXP for Post!

Flames plumed into the air on impact. Warm, vivid light brightened the coming night all too clearly. The cyndaquil bounced off his opponent with a startled squeak, and looked back at Bobert, confused.

“’Tis okay, Iggy. Ye did it right – just have to outsmart whoever yer facing, tha’s all,” Bobert assured him, and offered Lucky a friendly smile and nod. In spite of how much the attack had flared on impact, Iggy’s surprise had cut off all of the necessary follow-through, meaning the lush grass under their feet didn’t suffer anything more than a few singes. The cyndaquil huffed after a moment, and that gusty breath proceeded to relight the crimson patches on his back. Iggy looked between Vergil and Lucky as he moved back, muzzle twitching in the process. The little fire-type seemed as if his confidence had been shaken by the failed attack, and was trying to ‘start over’.

Bobert gestured for his little frient to go back to their bout with small shooshing motions.
“Y’ll be fine, Iggy. Just try again,” he encouraged the cyndaquil, grinning. “Ready?”

His response amounted to a cute little growl in the parrot’s direction, and Iggy lowered his head while the sound rumbled from his delicate muzzle. The flying-type looked slightly confused at the change of approach, especially with how harmless the cyndaquil was presenting itself. It was almost enough to make Lucky feel bad about ordering Vergil to attack him, really. Even more so when Iggy lost his balance, tottering about. The cyndaquil wobbled for a couple steps, suddenly unable to keep his balance when he staggered forward in a tackle attack, and pitched forward. He let out a pathetic sounding squeak when he fell.

A sadly amused smile touched Bobert’s lips at that. He clucked his tongue at the little pokemon, and slipped a hand into Nessie’s neck pouch to withdraw a pink, triangular berry. He tossed it in the air once or twice, waiting to see if Iggy could overcome his instability on his own. It was a waiting game, and if Lucky were to be honest with himself, he had every opportunity to take advantage of it. The main question was, could he do it and not feel guilty when Iggy already looked like he was about to cry?

Nevertheless, it took that level of frustration for Iggy to lash out again, abruptly throwing himself at the bird in a lurching, full-bodied tackle. He managed to make contact, if in a clumsy way, but it turned into an ungraceful flop once he bounced off his opponent that time.

Battle!

Lucky: A little dizzy, like Iggy, but fine.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/441chatot.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 5
Vergil
Condition: Hurting a little, but generally fine. Smells like an ash tray, though.
- Attack lowered by (1) stage.
Actions:
- Used Protect.
- Used Supersonic.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/155cyndaquil.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 7
Iggy
Condition: Very dizzy, having trouble keeping his equilibrium.
Actions:
- Used Growl.
- Used Tackle (twice).

--------------------
PCR & Master Post
The Dawnsinger
The Jade Fox
The Paradox
| PM |
^
Sir Eev
 Posted: Jun 14 2014, 01:05 AM
| Quote |

That guy
Members
Member No. 1585
Joined on 5-May 14.

Characters:

(OOC: I hope you don’t mind, but I added Vergil’s levels gained from the training post I did. If it is a problem, let me know and I will edit it out.)

[Egg Count = 6]

Lucky’s heart strings tightened when Iggy bounced off of Vergil’s protective barrier and hearing the high-pitched squeak that followed didn’t help either. He felt guilty, though he had done nothing wrong. Quite the opposite in fact, as he and Vergil were doing everything rightwhich only provided to further dismay the young man. Alternately, his pokemon partner was enjoying the experience. The chatot attempted to taunt the fire-type by laughing at the poor thing, although the cyndaquil seemed as if it had not noticed, too busy huffing and puffing for the moment. If they weren’t currently in a battle, Lucky would have reprimanded the parrot, but this was battle, and this was a battle tactic. Even still, the boy could only imagine how Iggy felt.

Standing opposite of him, the younger man listened as the older, more experienced handler gave instructions to his companion. ”Y’ll be fine, Iggy. Just try again. Ready?” When the cyndaquil growled, Vergil immediately discontinued his taunting, confused at his opponent’s new approach. Perplexed as he was, the chatot wanted to have a little bit of fun with the fire-type. He would toy with the little thing and have a good laugh at the end of it before finishing it off. Lucky, of course, was unaware of the strategy that his companion had already set for itself.

If the young man had any say in the matter, he might’ve stopped the battle then and there, feeling too guilty to continue on against (what appeared to be) such a harmless pokemon. He had been raised to help pokemon like Iggy, not fight them! His stomach dropped when Iggy staggered, stumbled and wobbled all over the place trying to fight back, the effects of Vergil’s supersonic for sure. He was assuredly developing quite a soft spot for the pokemon that was currently his opponent.

Upon taking a step himself to get a better angle of the battle, Lucky stumbled. He must’ve been affected by Vergil’s supersonic attack like Iggy, for he felt dizzy and his footing was unsure to say the least. Physically, he was confused, but his thoughts were still (mostly) clear. He had managed to get around just in time to see the cyndaquil lurch forward in an uncoordinated full-bodied tackle attack. The blow struck Vergil in the thick of his chest, a spot that did not hurt too badly, but managed to knock the chatot backwards a few feet. Had Lucky stayed where he was, his partner would have collided with him as well.

In Vergil’s eyes, Iggy had just made a mistake, as he was now annoyed and in no mood to play around anymore. Propping himself back up, his eyes narrowed to a glare, staring intensely at his opponent. He mimicked the fire-type’s first move by growling at the mouse, the chatot’s way of foreshadowing what was coming next. Lowering his eyelids, Vergil began to shake furiously. Lucky had seen this move once before when Bobert had sent them out to train and it scared the boy. But he was not scared for himself this time. He was scared for Iggy. Attempting to stop Vergil, Lucky shouted out a quick, worrisome command. ”Vergil, cut it out! It’s a practice battle!” But the chatot would hear none of it.

”MORE!” Vergil screeched, opening his wings menacingly as energy doppelgangers virtually exploded out of the chatot’s body. The double team would not harm Iggy by itself, but in its confused state, Lucky had no clue what might happen. At the very least, he thought the cyndaquil would be extremely frightened, but it was hard to tell what other effects it may have on the poor little mouse.

Battle!

Lucky:
A little dizzy, like Iggy, but fine.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/441chatot.png user posted image Lv. 7
Vergil
Condition: Hurting a little, but generally fine. Smells like an ash tray, though. Annoyed and ready to fight.
-Attack lowered by (1) stage.
Actions:
-Used Taunt (no effect).
-Used Growl.
-Used Double Team.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/155cyndaquil.png user posted image Lv. 7
Iggy
Condition: Very dizzy, having trouble keeping his equilibrium.
-Hopefully scared.
-Hopefully Attack lowered by (1) stage.
Actions:
-Used Growl.
-Used Tackle (twice).

--------------------

Cypress Hill
Miles Ashford-Thatcher
Retired Characters

| PM |
^
SeleneHime
 Posted: Jun 18 2014, 06:59 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 34

Characters:

[0.7 EXP for Post!]

How quickly Vergil returned Iggy’s little growl seemed to surprise the fire-type mouse – and Lucky’s panicked warning managed to surprise the mouse’s handler. Bewilderment crossed Bobert’s lined features, until the horde of doppelgangers exploded from the chatot. Vergil’s competitive nature had taken everyone by storm, Iggy not withstanding. The cyndaquil’s cry of fright was shrill, wildly looking around for some avenue of escape. Upon finding none, he joined the panic.

That panic would also be Vergil’s undoing. A furnace could’ve blasted into their faces for the way that the heat flared, erupting from Iggy’s back with frightening ferocity. Fire rippled outward in a blast from the cyndaquil, only to mushroom against an invisible barrier. Raw, untamed flame reached for the darkening sky like a drowning man would reach for the heavens, insatiable in its destructive power. It was breathtaking.

A glance in Nessie’s direction showed clear concentration. Flames reflected in the girafarig’s brown eyes, dancing in the darkness while she worked to contain the inferno. A combination of psychic and protect was probably all that kept the would-be wildfire in check, and kept them from becoming a charred crisp. Sweet smelling smoke rose from the blackened ring around Iggy by the time it burned itself out, and the cyndaquil was left a quivering ball. Less than a dozen blades of grass poked out around Vergil’s little talons, and soot smudged his beak. It was painfully obvious how close the chatot had come to risking his life over sass and competition. The question was, would the bird and his handler be able to handle it without a breakdown?

All cheerful joviality had vanished from Bobert’s face.
“Vergil! That’s enough!” he barked, and even as he said it, Nessie’s psychic bent clamped down on the chatot’s wings. Unexpected authority weighed his words. However briefly the bird had kept Bobert’s company before being handed off, he knew to listen. It would be at his own peril to ignore him.

Only once the chatot was subdued did Bobert approach, gently gathering the trembling cyndaquil in his open palms and straightening, shifting the fire-type to one arm when he pulled the persim berry out. Bobert held it to Iggy’s mouth until the cyndaquill finally bit into it, allowing the juice to roll over his fingers and finally nodded to Nessie. The build-up of psychic energy making her eyes glow dissipated, and Vergil’s mentally induced paralysis abated all at once. Bobert crossed the burnt patch after a moment, and handed Iggy and the berry off to Lucky.
“Make sure he eats all of that, lad,” Bobert said, and rounded on the bird. “Ye and I, birdie, are gonna have a little chat,” he promised, staring down his crooked nose at the chatot in question. It was clear he was less than pleased.

Vergil gains 6 EXP.

--------------------
PCR & Master Post
The Dawnsinger
The Jade Fox
The Paradox
| PM |
^
Sir Eev
 Posted: Jun 19 2014, 01:56 AM
| Quote |

That guy
Members
Member No. 1585
Joined on 5-May 14.

Characters:

[Egg Count = 7]

Lucky’s breath had surely been taken by the incredible display of power. The sheer force of the explosion forcibly knocked the boy onto his backside where he now sat, gazing in awe at the cyndaquil. The poor thing, Lucky thought to himself as he observed the quivering ball of mouse. He wanted nothing more than to comfort the frightened creature as his mother had done for him when he was but a babe. He wanted to reach out to the pokemon, to scoop the fire-type into his arms and protect it from Vergil, his own pokemon. Turning to look at the chatot in question, his head felt as if it moved of its own volition.

The parrot looked akin to a colorful statue, frozen in place. Though his beak was black with soot, the rest of him was physically normal. But there was… something in the bird’s eyes that seemed amiss. Something that lead the boy to believe there was something more going on behind them. A minor twitch was the sole evidence that the pokemon was still capable of movement at all. A soft call to his friend and partner escaped from Lucky’s lips. ”Vergil…” the boy breathed empathetically. He could tell that the incident had left its mark on the bird, both physically and mentally. Lucky himself was a chaotic jumble of emotions, but he made his way over to his companion through the scorched grass nevertheless.

Standing up took a great amount of effort, if not only because his body had gone numb from the shockwave. The fingers of the teenager tingled lightly as he pushed off from the ground and walked purposefully towards Vergil. By no means had the young man forgot about Iggy, but it appeared that Bobert had the situation under control, and he needed to deal with Vergil. Not once did the chatot blink, nor did his vision shift while Lucky walked towards him. He just stood there. Unchanging. That is, until Lucky knelt down beside him and gently placed a hand on top of his friend’s head. Jumping and squawking, the bird was freed from his trancelike state, the sudden touch enough to break the spell he was under. Looking up at his partner, there was sadness in Vergil’s eyes. He hadn’t meant to take it as far as he did, Lucky could tell. Still, as his handler and friend, the young man sensed he had a duty to discipline the chatot. ”You took it too far, Vergil,” Lucky patronized, somewhat disappointed. ”Maybe now you’ll listen to me just a wee bit more, eh?” Dropping his gaze to the ground was the parrot’s only response.

Nessie’s interference had saved their lives, there was no doubt about that, and Lucky was thankful. Before he could stand and make his way to thank the girafarig though, Bobert had already traversed the burnt battlefield stopping in front of the young man. ”Make sure he eats all of that, lad,” the old man ordered of Lucky, leaving Iggy in his arms as well as the berry he had begun to feed the cyndaquil. Transitioning from a kneeling position to a sitting one, Lucky could feel the mouse shaking heavily in his arms. If he didn’t know any better, Iggy seemed to be sobbing. The poor thing… Lucky thought was once more. He felt warm… too warm… almost feverish to the boy, but he figured it had something to do with the fact that he practically exploded moments prior. ”Shhh, it’ll all be okay, Iggy,” Lucky cooed as he rocked the pokemon side to side as he would rock a newborn baby, ”Everything is going to be okay.” As instructed, he managed to get the fire-type to eat the entire berry between the gasps and sobs that the creature made, but he did not stop rocking the cyndaquil (and would not) even if the pokemon fell asleep.

Lucky had not noticed at first, but Vergil backed away from the old man when he promised that the two would have a talk later on and he had not moved an inch since. It was obvious that the bird was experiencing some issues of his own. The chatot knew that he had taken the practice battle way past the intended purpose and had almost gotten the entire party killed—he understood clearly. Even now, a battle was ensuing in the chatot’s own consciousness, but Lucky had a feeling that the results of the struggle would not be revealed to anyone for some time. At least not until Vergil had sorted them out himself.

--------------------

Cypress Hill
Miles Ashford-Thatcher
Retired Characters

| PM |
^
SeleneHime
 Posted: Jun 27 2014, 10:30 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 34

Characters:

[0.7 EXP for Post!

Whatever Vergil thought of Lucky’s gentle scolding, the young handler would probably have a bit of a wait to find out just what it was. At the moment, his new priority consisted of the badly shaken cyndaquil in his arms. Ash clung to every fine hair on the fire-type, some of it smearing off wherever they touched, but he could always wash. It took continuous and gentle coaxing in order to convince Iggy to finish the provided berry, but much to his relief, the little fire-type seemed to be coming off of the panicked plateau already. Fear exhausted him, though, and it wasn’t much longer before the cyndaquil simply drifted off. It seemed Lucky made him feel safe.

Meanwhile, Bobert had taken the chatot aside for their promised chat. Although Lucky couldn’t hear everything said, he was able to make out a certain stress on cruelty versus sportsmanship, and an emphasis on necessity versus flippancy. Lucky’s wizened companion was more focused on laying ground rules than shaming the bird, but he also wouldn’t be keen on it happening again. Judging from Bobert’s initial reaction, it probably wasn’t a good idea to hop over that line in the sand a second time. By the time it was all said and done, nearly five minutes had passed before Nessie let her sound damping concentration fall. With the lecture out of the way, Bobert heaved a long sigh and looked back to Lucky. A small, tired smile quirked his lips when he saw how the teen was sitting and made his way over, a girafirag at his heels. He squatted for a moment, resting his elbows against his knees, and nodded to Lucky.

“How’re ye feeling, lad?” he asked, and raised an expressive brow with the question. Since he didn’t specify physically or otherwise, it was up to Lucky to decide how he wanted to answer that. As it was, he’d had a full day – setting out into the world for the first time, finding his egg, suffering the woes of being saddle sore, and even his first battle – so there was plenty for the young man to digest. While Lucky worked on responding to that, though, the panpour that Bobert had introduced as Brenda brought over a bowl of warm water and old cloth, offering them up with a pointed “Pan!”

Bobert took them with a tired laugh, and dipped the rag. If Lucky expected him to take the cyndaquil from him for an impromptu bath, the surprise was on him. Bobert instead took the cloth to Lucky’s face.
“Trust me, lad, ye’d want me t’ do this and not Brenda. She just mebbe would attack yer face to get at Iggy’s mess. Very neat lil’ lady,” he said, and chuckled again. Once he was sure Lucky would pass inspection he did the same to himself, and started getting ready to bed down for the night. The weather was cool with a gentle breeze, so unless they got any surprise showers, they’d have a pleasant evening under the open sky. Bobert tossed a thin blanket on the ground, likely just to keep his clothes presentable, and then did the same for Lucky. Since the teen had his hands quite literally full, Bobert held it in place and helped the teen scoot onto it – managing not to wake Iggy in the process – and bid them goodnight.

- - - - -

Dawn still came too early for the likes of Lucky, or so he would find when he tried to move. If he thought himself sore yesterday, he was in for a poor surprise soon enough.

Dew clung to everything, damping their clothes and hair and supplies, but the smell of fresh tea reached Lucky’s nose just as the gray of predawn was fading into warm pinks and oranges. Bobert just offered Lucky a grin when the teen moved, and pointed at his chest. Iggy had apparently relocated overnight.
“How did ye sleep, young’in?” he asked, pouring another cup for his young friend.

The panpour that that inisisted they wash the night before was currently nursing her own cup of tea against Bobert’s leg, looking none too ready to greet the day. Nessie, however, was easily a good twenty yards away, grazing. It looked like they wouldn’t be leaving immediately, at least. Lucky was free to try to direct the time was they would, though Bobert would probably want him to work his leg again.

--------------------
PCR & Master Post
The Dawnsinger
The Jade Fox
The Paradox
| PM |
^
Sir Eev
 Posted: Jun 28 2014, 01:59 AM
| Quote |

That guy
Members
Member No. 1585
Joined on 5-May 14.

Characters:

(OOC: In part of this, you said something about finding Lucky’s egg, but I have yet to do that as far as I remember! Feel free to PM me or catch me in the cbox so we can see what we wanna do about it!)

[Egg Count: 8 + 3 (IC-PCR) = 11]

Though he could only barely make out what the older man was saying, Lucky admired the way Bobert taught the chatot. Poetic was the descriptive word that came to mind, the way he was able to simultaneously teach, scold, and inspire Vergil all at once. It was remarkable. Alas, the teenager’s heart twinged a bit as he realized that he was nowhere near as knowledgeable as his wizened traveling companion, and probably never would be. Lucky’s cheeks turned a bright shade of crimson in embarrassment as this thought dawned upon him. Hiding his face from Bobert (though with how dark it was, he probably would not have noticed anyways), he quickly looked down at Iggy who had fallen into a semi-peaceful rest in his arms.

Then, he began to hum. The song was one his mother used to sing as a lullaby, not only to him, but to the injured pokemon that would occasionally share their home as well. For some reason, Lucky could never remember the words but he did remember that it had something to do with the changing of the seasons. Soft and melodic, the tune also brought a few childhood memories with it, as well as a heavy wave of homesickness. Not that Lucky would let anyone know that he missed home already… after only one day. Granted, it had been quite an eventful day, but still only one.

About the same time that he had drifted off into his memories, Bobert was there to break him out of his trance. ”How’re ye feeling, lad?” he asked as he squatted in front of the boy.

”I…” Lucky hesitated, just now thinking about it himself, ”I’m exhausted really.” Honestly, the teenager meant both physically and mentally exhausted, but that was neither here nor there. The fact remained… he was pooped.

And what happened in the next few moments did nothing to help either.

When Brenda brought over a bowl of warm water and some cloth, Lucky thought that was sweet. When Bobert took the rag and dipped it in the water, Lucky assumed that Iggy was about to get a nice, warm bath. When Bobert took the cloth to Lucky’s face, Lucky nearly swallowed the thing because he had just opened his mouth wide open in a yawn. But then again, that was probably what he deserved for assuming anything with Bobert. During said surprise bath, Lucky was more than a little uncomfortable, mostly because Bobert had to dig at his face in order to get all the dirt and ash off of his face. Helpless to do anything because of the fire-type in his arms, all he could do was tough it out.

”Thanks… Lucky half-heartedly showed his appreciation to the old man. On the other hand, though it was a bit of a pain to endure, he felt better than twice as good as he did before now that he was clean. Then came the most difficult part of the night: bedding down. Since Bobert was so helpful in laying out a blanket for him, the difficult part about the ordeal was managing not to wake the small mouse that stirred in his arms but, somehow, they managed. Bidding goodnight to the rest of the gang, Lucky lay down with Iggy still in his arms, as if he would never let the cyndaquil go. Vergil curled up underneath the likes of the boy’s arm pit before he too dozed off to sleep. And it wasn’t long until Lucky followed suit.

- - - - -

Between when they slept that night and dawn the morning after, Lucky awoke. He opened his eyes groggily without even really knowing why. It just kind of felt… right. The night sky possessed an eery purplish hue that he found quite beautiful and millions of stars twinkled above as he simply took in the sight. Iggy had rolled off of his chest some time in the middle of the night and now lay belly up beside him, snoring. He chuckled. You’re so silly. Lucky thought to the cyndaquil before he looked once more to the purple sky. At this time of the night, the boy was prey to deep thoughts, mostly those pertaining to his past and his future.

As far as his past was concerned, there was not much to think about. Constant farm work and being the man of the house. Ever since his dad died. Lucky succumbed to the feelings that rushed through his consciousness as he reflected on everything that he had been through, all the way up to the events leading up to Bobert taking the boy under his wing.

Next came worrying about his future. Unanswerable questions primarily circled through Lucky’s mind and wondering about the person he would one day become. Bobert was the first that came to mind when he envisioned his older self. Once again he noted how much he admired the man, so chipper and knowledgeable and helpful and experienced and so many other things that Lucky was not. The pang in the pit of his stomach returned once more, and the boy took it as a sign that he should get some shut eye.

Counting the stars, the young man whose life had just truly begun trailed off into the land of nod for the second time that night.

- - - - -

Dawn indeed came too early for the younger man. His leg was stiff as ever and thudded from the inside, out. Apparently, dew had accumulated sometime after he had fallen asleep for the second time, for it clung to absolutely everything. Fortunately, the gloomy beginning to the boy’s day brightened almost instantly.

Iggy had relocated back onto Lucky’s chest during some point in the night, which brought a bright-eyed smile to his dew-damp face. Sitting up, the mouse rolled along his body directly into the boy’s arms, belly up and legs sprawled in every which direction, not unlike a doll that little girls were commonly given. Hues of warm pinks and oranges melted along the horizon, creating a general feeling of well-being. Had he not known any better, Lucky might have sworn that the gray of the predawn was merely a canvas for a smeargle to paint. And what a beautiful scene had been painted indeed. The aroma of freshly brewed tea gently wafted over the teenager with a cool, if not faint, breeze. Handing the boy a cup of the hot beverage, Bobert inquired about his night.

”Well enough, all things considered.” Lucky answered with a nod, referencing his injured leg. ”I guess it’d be a good idea for me stretch it out a bit, eh?”

Gently setting down the fire-type, Lucky took a minute to stand. Vergil could be seen cleaning his feathers resting on a tree branch, Brenda’s expression reminded him of his grandmother on her worse mornings and Nessie seemed to be enjoying a morning meal a good twenty or so yards away. Taking the occasional sip from his cup, Lucky painfully worked his leg. Truth be told, he would’ve quit right away, but Bobert seemed to be eyeing the boy and making sure he was doing everything alright. And there was no way the old man would let Lucky stop until he was satisfied with the boy’s efforts.

--------------------

Cypress Hill
Miles Ashford-Thatcher
Retired Characters

| PM |
^
SeleneHime
 Posted: Jul 4 2014, 07:44 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 34

Characters:

[0.7 EXP for Post!]
(20 PCR redeemed for 2 Egg Counts.)

Bobert only chuckled when Iggy ended up belly-up in Lucky’s arms, and patted the damp blanket beside him when the teen put the mouse down. Iggy proceeded to give a jaw-popping yawn as he looked around, somewhat befuddled by his abrupt change of position, but blinked the sleep from his eyes and trotted over to their gray haired elder. Bobert patted the cyndaquil’s head and handed him a strip of jerky to nibble on, and nodded when Lucky indicated his bum leg. “T’ be expected, lad. Ye don’t look as sore as ye could be, though, so there’s a ray of sunshine for ye. Farmwork ended up helping in the end, didn’ it?” he mused with a smile, and took another sip of his tea.

As early as it was, though, Bobert seemed perfectly alert. His posture was upright, and in all honestly, much more attentive than Brenda’s slouch against his leg. Light eyes followed Lucky around their small camp while the teenager repeated his exercises from the night before, and gave an approving nod when he pressed through the inevitable pain.
“That’s good, lad. Keep goin’,” the older man said, and turned his attention to the parrot overhead. He dug around in his satchel for a little bit before emerging with a dark bulk berry, stretching his offering skyward as a peace treaty. Being it was compromised of several little berries, it was much more beak-friendly than anything else he had. “Breakfast, Vergil?” he offered, lifting a brow at the chatot in question. Regardless of the bird’s reaction, though, Bobert would leave the berry accessible for him. Free food was free food, and even if Vergil refused to take a direct offering, he was willing to bet the bird might snatch it as soon as his back was turned.

Once Lucky completed his exercises, Bobert gestured for the teen to come join him and scooted over on his blanket to make room. Brenda at least looked like she was ready to be civil, but she was still no where near as happy-go-lucky as Iggy, who immediately came bouncing over to the teen with a bouquet of hearty jerky. With flowers sprigged in it. Apparently the cyndaquil thought they made a nice combination, because he looked quite proud of himself as he extended the offering towards his new friend.

Bobert smiled and shook his head.
“So, lad. After ye rest a lil’ bit, we should head out befor’ the heat sets in. There’s a nice spot t’ rest between here and Miramossa if we hop to it. Mebbe I can show ye one o’ my old haunts along the way. Seems like something a boy your age might enjoy,” he offered, and grinned. “Since ye want t’ get out and about, seems as good as place as any to start,” he added, and winked at Iggy. The cyndaquil tittered in amusement.

--------------------
PCR & Master Post
The Dawnsinger
The Jade Fox
The Paradox
| PM |
^
Sir Eev
 Posted: Jul 8 2014, 12:32 AM
| Quote |

That guy
Members
Member No. 1585
Joined on 5-May 14.

Characters:

[Egg Count = 12 + 2 OOC PCR = 14]

Vergil didn’t hesitate even for a moment when the berry had been offered to him. Swooping in from the tree he had been perched on, the chatot was quick to snatch up the berry talons before returning to the very same branch. It wasn’t that the bird had any feelings of resentment towards the old man but, in his mind, he wasn’t sure if the older man had any, and he was kind of scared of his previous handler still. Ergo, Vergil balanced on his left leg while he decided to enjoy his breakfast from afar.

Lucky, meanwhile, was sweating from head to toe well before he had finished stretching, but he felt that much better for the workout afterwards. That is, if not a little sore. When he was finished, he caught Bobert’s gesture to join them for breakfast. Before he did finally decide to sit down though, the boy searched for one of the rags that they had used the previous night to wash off some of the sweat—mainly because he had a feeling that Brenda wouldn’t appreciate a dirty breakfast guest. Especially not this early in the morning.

Nearly as soon as Lucky got a chance to sit down, Iggy cheerfully bounded his way over with an arrangement of… beef jerky? And flowers? To the teenager it seemed sort of silly, but it was an adorable offering and the cyndaquil seemed proud of himself for it. Lucky gave the pokemon a warm smile as he took the bouquet. ”Thank you,” the boy accepted appreciatively, though he was unsure if he was intended to eat the gift or not.

His stomach grumbled. Surely one stick of the jerky wouldn’t hurt, right? Lucky thought as he pulled away one of the slices. As he was about to take his first bite, he glanced at the fire-type who had presented the arrangement to him. If Iggy looked even the slightest bit distraught over his decision, the boy would try to repair the damaged bouquet. And if he didn’t… well. At least his stomach would feel better.

As far as Bobert’s question was concerned (as the events involving the jerky happened simultaneously as the old man’s question), Lucky was all for it, eager to learn something new about his new-found friend and travelling buddy. ”Yea! Definitely!” he practically blurted out. Scratch that. Eager was an understatement.

--------------------

Cypress Hill
Miles Ashford-Thatcher
Retired Characters

| PM |
^
SeleneHime
 Posted: Jul 13 2014, 10:48 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Member No. 34

Characters:

[0.6 EXP for Post!

Probably much to Lucky’s relief, Iggy didn’t seem at all upset by the dissection of his gift. More of it, he thoroughly enjoyed the teen’s expression. The cyndaquil invited himself onto Lucky’s lap while he started on breakfast, and curled up into a warm ball of navy fuzz. Quite at home already. However, Lucky’s better judgment ended up in his favor after all. Brenda had been eyeing him all the while when he had the wash rag in hand, and promptly snatched it the moment Lucky set it down, applying another low-pressure scald to the well worn material. The panpour was quite particular.

Bobert gave Lucky another half hour or so to rest and enjoy his breakfast – and Iggy quality time with his new friend, of course - before everyone was called front and center. Mostly everything had already been prepared to go, from their bedrolls to cups and foodstuffs, so all they had to do was load it onto Nessie. Bobert helped Lucky back up without much preamble, and deposited Iggy in Lucky’s lap. A smile promptly tugged at his lips when that earned a happy squeak from the fire-type.
“Ready for a new day, lad?”

The weather was looking favorable as the morning skies cooled from warm pinks and oranges into a pale blue-gray color, and once Bobert had Brenda seated on his shoulders, off they went. The morning sailed by smoothly. Except for that one incident where unwittingly they got too close to a murkrow’s nest and got dive bombed. But other than that, all seemed to be well. Bobert gestured for Nessie to stop around noon when they came to a decent sized pond, shaded on one side by a sizeable oak grove. A healthy breeze wove through the leaves and skipped over the water, and while it had just been a warm blast of air traveling, near moisture, it was so much better. Alas, simple changes.

If his gray companion’s mischievous grin was any indication, though, it wasn’t just a place to kick back their heels and rest.
“Let’s stretch yer legs a little before we go gallivanting off, eh?” Bobert suggested and waggled his brows at Lucky, offering a hand to help the teen down.

At a glance, it didn’t seem like much. The point and shade were a nice reprieve from the heat, granted, but there had to be more than met the eye, hidden somewhere. It was peaceful, but in terms of interesting, it was a far cry off. Apparently Lucky would have to find what made the area special, unless Bobert took pity on the teenager and showed him.

If Lucky was to take a jaunt around the water’s edge while he worked his leg again – lightly, this time, more just to prevent another dose of saddle soreness than anything – he’d find that it was spriggled with berry bushes fond of the easy water source, as well as the occasional odd pokemon. The area’s few inhabitants were small, but most of them looked young, meaning their elders were probably hanging out somewhere nearby, watching over them. What looked like a clump of tall weeds also proved to be a nest of oddish rooted in the damp soil when Iggy poked his nose into it. The popped out of their bedding the moment it happened and made a mad dash for the trees, leaving behind a rather perplexed looking mouse in the process. They soon entirely vanished under the sprawling roots. Not just around, but under. Completely out of sight while heading in a downwards trajectory. Well, then. That just might be worth the effort of investigating – especially looking at Bobert’s knowing smirk. Perhaps that was part of it?

Providing that Lucky would get down between the root system on his own – quite a feat with his bum leg – he’d find that there was a hole in the arrangement, large enough it could’ve easily been the entrance to a nest of some sort. Maybe it was, but it was too dark to tell at a glance. Of course, the opportunity to use that as an excuse fizzled away when Iggy nosed at his leg, offering little bursts of flame from his back. Either the cyndaquil wanted to explore it himself, or Bobert had put the thought in his head.

If and when Lucky followed the fire-type mouse, potentially after getting confirmation from his travel companion should he need it, he would find that there was actually a good bit of head space available to him when he straightened. The firelight that Iggy provided threw warm swatches onto the roof and walls, carved out by the labor of claws and gods knew how many hours. The roots were extensive, though, and if Lucky didn’t watch is step he’d fall over nature’s obstacles in short order. They pushed down even deeper through the damp dirt, in some spots acting as the edge of a step that would lead them even further down away from the surface.

The same oddish that Iggy had frightened earlier were huddled in the far corner of the room they found at the bottom of the steps, staring at the pair with open distrust. They shifted uneasily when the cyndaquil made to approach again, which earned a sad little squeak from Lucky’s equally little friend. Oddly enough, however, the den looked quite lived in. Not just by pokemon, but also by a human at some point in time. A few odds and ends bits of old, weathered furniture – trunks, a scratched up chair, and a pile of burlap; some torn up and pushed into a bedding pile – made it very clear someone had been there before, and repeatedly. Iggy, on the other hand, was more worried about finding something to occupy himself with after the grass-types rejected his company. He was currently occupying himself with nosing through the pile of rough fabric.

“So what do ye think, lad?” Bobert asked from behind the teen, cheerfully appearing out of nothingness to clap a hand onto Lucky’s shoulder. Around that time, Iggy also gave a delighted “Cyn!” when he uncovered something in his curiosity. Hard and shining off of Iggy’s fire, it stood out among dirty fabric like a sore thumb. It was an egg.

--------------------
PCR & Master Post
The Dawnsinger
The Jade Fox
The Paradox
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Deceased / Retired | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.