Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

The Intricate Mysteries of Humanity, Emilie & co. Development
Slondermins
 Posted: May 22 2017, 06:11 PM
| Quote |

VERY LOUD BOKKING
Background Mods
Total Posts: 536
Member No. 712
Joined on 2-December 12.

Characters:
Jezenya diHadi | Seze Cal

Awards: 2

I think, obviously, there will be no happiness bars since Eorlund was merely introduced. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png I like how you brought him in, though. When I played him with Sam, I imagined him as a grumpy old man with a bit of a superiority complex, who'll make his handler's life difficult just because he can. I'd be interested in seeing more of that- the hysterical laughter bit made him seem like he was off in the head more than anything, although it was a chaotic situation of his own creation. He's kind of the epitome of chaotic neutral, if that helps- doesn't hurt others simply because he can, yet doesn't go out of his way to protect others, tends to act in his own best interest.

For now, Eorlund will acknowledge that Emilie is his new handler- he doesn't mind someone new to harass.

--------------------

Goals user posted image PCR user posted image Thread Tracker

The Desert Dancer

The Blade in the Shadows

| PM || ICQ |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: May 23 2017, 08:12 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1615
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Awards: 5

Setting: Dedrius barracks
Pokemon: Rick, Clark
Time: Mid-morning

Goals:
- ICly giving Rick to Emilie
- The appearance of a new handler brings about the creation of an amazing new dugtrio band… Rick and the Rollers!
- Introducing... Rick, the confident, fearless leader of the dugtrio band
- Introducing... Nick, the suave, charming, hair-roller-using member of the band
- Introducing... Beauregard, the one who’s so cool that he doesn’t need to talk, you just know
- Introducing some extreme confusion for Emilie

=============

When the Carsen woman approached the barracks to seek an alternate handler for her diglett, Emilie could never have imagined the chaos that would result.

The woman had been older than Emilie, but much less confident, and yet she had somehow managed to get two pokemon that had been given to Emilie’s care as a test of sorts from Councilwoman Dunn. A Guardian, the councilwoman said, needed to be able to interact with all kinds of pokemon to practice their handling techniques. These two, a supposedly angry cottonee and a diglett, surely wouldn’t be too much for a newbie.

Emilie left the cottonee in its ball for now, not thinking much of an angry fluffball. So what if it was mad? It couldn’t do anything from its ball, and even if it was out, it would just spray cotton everywhere… Hm. Emilie made a mental note to make sure she wasn’t wearing particularly nice clothes when she released that pokemon, but for now, there was a diglett to examine.

She knew of the species, little brown heads that popped out of the ground. Well, one little brown head, without a body to speak of. And yet, they were formidable battlers if trained well, or at least she had heard this. Maybe it was just because ground-types had a great advantage over many other types, but she was willing to give it a try. Her team needed more fighters, after all.

When the red light faded, she noticed there was something… odd about this pokemon. It sat on a bed of what looked like volcanic rocks from Navdia Crater - had it come from there, perhaps? - and on its head there were three strands of wiry yellow hair. That was strange. She had never seen a pokemon with such human-like hair before.

The diglett, meanwhile, shied away from her stare. Was he as shy as the woman who surrendered him? “I’m Emilie, and this is Clark,” Emilie introduced herself and pointed to the elgyem who was there to help in case things went south.

The diglett had no reaction. He did nothing when she smiled, nothing when she exclaimed over how odd his moves were and how he must be some special kind of pokemon. Sighing, she resorted to a tried-and-true tactic that wouldn’t help her bond in the short run, but might give them a place to start. She took a candy out of her bag and held it out, leaning down and hoping the diglett would interact with her.

Belatedly, she realized the wrapper in her hand was not that of a regular rare candy, but that of a Super Candy she obtained from a strange encounter with a ghost-type. She nearly took it away, but when the diglett inched forward and sniffed at the candy, she decided not to. Well, it might be a waste of a good candy on a pokemon she might not even keep, but this would only make the pokemon like her more, yes?

But then he didn't eat the candy, choosing to leave it in Emilie's hand. It looked like he was thinking intently, which prompted Emilie to whisper to Clark. “Can you sense anything in this pokemon? A name, a history?” she said softly as she watched the diglett eat.

“I do,” Clark replied. “His name is Rick, and he has accompanied several different handlers before. First there was Alexander Fitzgerald, a Guardian - ”

“Fitzgerald again? Really?” Emilie chuckled. It seemed like half of her team had once known the stern Guardian who had been so upset when his mr. mime discovered her allegiance to Trictess Blackwell. She knew he was a good handler, which made her think that the pokemon was well-trained, but why would he give it up if he had trained it? Was there something wrong with it?

She bent down to watch the diglett as he stared at her… and, somehow, she wound up with a front-row seat for a glowing evolution.

Something inside of Rick had chosen this moment to evolve. Some part of him knew that he was with another handler to add to an ever-growing list, and he hadn’t felt more alone in quite some time. He longed for companionship, for someone to be by his side no matter what he did or which handler held onto his poke ball. Now that human handlers had failed to provide him with this companionship a great number of times, and taken away his budding friendships with their other pokemon in the process, he was determined to never be alone again. That thought, fueled by the experience he had gained lately, prompted the diglett to begin growing.

Emilie squinted through the light, trying to see what pokemon might emerge. It looked like the diglett was getting fatter, but not coming out of the ground at all. She heard a faint grumble as some cracked black rocks appeared on the floor near her, and she inched back, wondering what other surprises the evolution would bring. She didn’t have to wait long at all, however - she was soon greeted with a flowing mane of hair sprouting out of what looked like… the tallest diglett? Was there more than one? Hair began to sprout in other places as Emilie confusedly waited for the process to end.

When the light faded, she was faced with the strangest-looking pokemon she had ever seen - but certainly not a shy one. Three voices joined together to make their first cry:

“Duuug,” grunted a deep voice that didn’t sound anything like the diglett who Emilie met just a few moments ago.
“Trii!” a cheerful and more familiar voice piped up.
“Ohhhhh,” a new voice said in a tone that sounded like a mixture of a trill and a moan.

Emilie focused on the hair, realizing that the diglett had apparently multiplied himself by three, and each one had its own head of hair - and apparently its own voice, she realized as they began to chatter amongst themselves. After just a brief moment, it sounded like the three digletts - no, the dugtrio, her pokecard said, so it must be one pokemon with three heads - were arguing.

But as soon as she said “Hello? Rick?” even tentatively, all three heads turned around to face her, the longest-haired one’s flowing mane slapping the short-haired one in the face. As the shortest one tried to shake the hair off its face, the tallest one said:

“I’m Rick!”

Before Emilie could respond, the curly-haired diglett to Rick’s left interrupted, “And I’m Nick.” The voice oozed confidence, and the diglett began to bounce slightly, making his curls bounce in response.

Emilie looked confusedly between the pair of digletts as they glared at the third, who shook his body to get the hair out of his eyes and simply said, “Beau.”

“There are… three of you? Do you all go in one poke ball?”

“We do,” Rick said with a wide smile on his face. He couldn’t stop looking at his long hair or his two friends, his amazing friends that he had somehow created or summoned or formed, and he was so happy that he could barely stop himself from screaming, “We’re Rick and the Rollers!”

“Thought you said we’d be Rick Rollers,” Beau grunted.

“Oh, Beauregarde,” Nick sighed. “Two outvote one.”

“And I’m the tallest, so I get to be the leader,” Rick said assuredly.

“I have the curliest hair,” Nick suggested, wiggling more to toss it lightly at his taller fellow.

“It’s my name in the band, so I get the final vote!” Rick raised his voice, and Beau sighed as Nick rolled his eyes. Neither of the other digletts, however, argued any further.

Well. That was a far cry from the shy-seeming pokemon who Emilie had met only scant moments before, she realized as Clark translated the pokemons’ remarks. She had seen personality changes in evolutions before - her own bewear was a case of aggression turning to overwhelming love - but this was far more than that. Rick hadn’t seemed confident before, even when she had tried to praise him, and now he was taking control of the situation to command not only his own fate but that of his fellow digletts.

One thing still bothered her, aside from the swift change - “You’re… a band?”

“Only the best dugtrio musicians in existence - you’ve never heard of us?” Nick relayed through Clark, looking quite surprised as he stared at Emilie. “We even gave you a chorus already.”

“Chorus?” Emilie whispered to Clark.

“When they first evolved, they sang a bit,” Clark clarified inside Emilie’s mind.

Emilie nearly giggled, but decided against angering the newly evolved pokemon. And since the Rick-Nick-Beau trio was recently evolved, Emilie realized, no one would have heard of them at all… Perhaps it would be best to humor them for now, though, and see what their potential would be like if given free rein. Rick had certainly… blossomed in the few moments she had known him; how would he work with the other two digletts in battle?

“You’ll have to battle,” she finally said.

“I’ll do anything. With my friends, I’m unbeatable!” Rick said, then began to sink into the ground, tearing through the ground with astonishing power. The other two digletts followed suit, and as the three tunneled through the meadow (that Emilie wasn’t supposed to be destroying, but details), she began to realize their usefulness. Eccentric or not (or just plain weird), they managed to tunnel through the field impressively quickly, resurfacing far away and then coming back. Their movements were slightly jerky, but when the three worked together, they seemed very competent with a generous movepool.

“Rick, Nick, Beau!” she called, and the dugtrio found itself over by its new handler quickly. “I’m willing to work with you as a gr - as a band, if you’ll battle by my side together.” It was a weird thing to do, Emilie knew, and she kept her voice down - but if she managed to help the three develop teamwork, that would help immensely in a battle, especially a single battle. She would have three pokemon on her side, triple the power. Who cared if they were weird? Well, perhaps the Carsen woman had seemed uptight, and with that in mind, Emilie began to understand the situation a bit better.

“Will you help us learn new songs?”

It took Emilie several moments to realize that the pokemon was not joking. “Erm… sure?”

“Then it’s a deal - but I’ll have to work out the details with my compatriots here,” Rick said, and quick as a flash, he and the other two digletts were off by themselves on the other side of the field.

For the remainder of the morning, she let the dugtrio interact by themselves, trying to observe as best as she could, but realizing that the Carsen woman’s distrust likely led to a general distrust of humans in return. When it came time to recall them, Emilie paused and looked down at the poke ball in her hand. She never could have imagined this kind of mess, especially the singing teacher part of it, but between the moves and the surprising hair and personalities, she had no doubt gained a useful ally (or three) for her journey ahead.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Ray
 Posted: May 31 2017, 11:26 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 405
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:
Dionisia Bosc, James Achilles

Awards: 6

Koro, I don't know what to say. I truly ... where do you come up with this stuff. I hope they all get into a battle and rickroll their opponent and annoy them so much that they win.

Rick has evolved!

--------------------
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 01:15 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Pokemon: Soren, Clark
Time: Mid-morning

Goals:
- ICly giving Soren to Emilie
- Emilie makes a deal with Clark, and their relationship changes (note about this, perhaps?)
- Giving Soren the ice cream cake in Emilie's inventory (+2 happiness bars) to bring him up to neutral happiness

=============

The second poke ball intimidated Emilie less. Yes, the red-headed Carsen woman had blathered on about her cottonee being aggressive, but Emilie had seen the species before, and knew that they resembled little clouds with ears. How could that possibly be dangerous?

She smirked as she found her way outside. She wore light clothes just in case the cottonee was slightly clumsy, but otherwise she felt confident going in. She would talk to it like she had talked to so many pokemon in the past, and she would sway it over to her side using her words. A little manipulation would surely work on a fairy-type, yes?

Oh, how wrong she was.

The instant her finger found the button on the poke ball, she got a brief glimpse of what looked like an incredibly angry cottonee floating at her eye level before her vision was obscured by a thick layer of cotton. Fumbling around on the grass, she tried to recall the pokemon only to find her fingers covered in thick cotton as well. She felt her clothes getting heavier and heavier as the creature continued its assault, and she could only get out a brief "Wait – listen – " before she tasted the cotton in her mouth. As a last resort, she dropped the poke ball, and before the creature could attack her feet, she rolled the ball gently under her boot until she found the button, and pressed it.

When she felt the poke ball shudder under her boot, she spat out the cotton furiously, shaking her hands and her head and rubbing at her eyes for what felt like an eternity, all the while wondering: how in the world did she get beaten by a simple cottonee?

Perhaps the Carsen woman was right, she considered, and yet Emilie had a weapon that the Carsen woman almost certainly lacked. Her elgyem had swayed powerful pokemon onto her side before, even the bewear who had tried to hug her to death for seemingly no reason – and it was Clark who she would rely on once more, even though the thought made her crinkle her nose.

The elgyem came out of his ball, staring at Emilie with those large, creepy eyes before remarking, "You have cotton on your face."

"I have cotton on my everywhere," Emilie said frustratedly as she continued to pick at the white fluffy substance. "It's courtesy of this cottonee here. I was wondering if you would talk to it, find out what's wrong with it and make sure it never does this again."

But instead of the quick agreement that she had come to expect from the elgyem, Emilie was met with an icy stare and a simple "Not yet."

"Erm... what are you waiting for?" Emilie said awkwardly as she continued to pick bits of cotton fluff off of her clothes.

"I need to hear something from you."

Emilie looked over at the elgyem, confused. "What?"

The look in Clark's eyes changed as he took control of the situation, basking in Emilie's confusion. This first step, at least, had gone according to his plan. "I don't think you quite realize what happened in the Phantoms' camp. I got you out of there with those stuffuls, and even got you one to keep."

"I did thank you, you know."

"You did offer your thanks, but that was all – and that is not acceptable to me."

A shudder ran down Emilie's spine. "What do you want?"

"Do you think a simple statement of thanks is enough to justify all of this? I worked myself until I could barely breathe, for the sake of getting you out of that camp. I've turned many pokemon to your side, and I ask no questions about why you recall me at certain times, especially when you have the kecleon out of her ball. Nor do I ask why you lost all the color in your face at that." He stopped talking momentarily, watching Emilie squirm. "You have discovered that I can help you, but I need you to help me now."

Emilie stammered out a response nearly immediately, fear showing through her words. "I... what do you mean?”

“You have never trusted me, and yet you find increasingly difficult things for me to do to help you. You hate me, and you expect me to serve you, but my kind do not serve. We are equals, or we depart.”

For a brief moment, Emilie considered letting Clark get away. But then, she realized that he knew so much about her, more than she wanted most people or pokemon to know. He had gained the allegiance of most of her team, and since she had thought it was for her own benefit, she had seen no problem in letting him get involved with the recruitment of her rather large team. A team that she still needed to work with, and learn more about…

And she supposed she had that same problem with Clark. At the first sign of non-betrayal on his part, she had trusted him with far too much, taking advantage of the myriad benefits of his typing to help her keep her secret. She had assumed that, like the pokemon she had raised before him, he would just be loyal to her without a price. But apparently, that had not been exactly true.

“What do you want me to do?” she asked again, this time sounding slightly less scared. She needed to show sincerity, at least outwardly.

“I came here to learn. You will teach me.”

“What?”

“I allowed myself to be captured so that I could learn about the world – new species of pokemon, new adventures, new places – while being protected by a handler.”

Emilie raised an eyebrow. “You’ve never struck me as the type to want protection.”

“I can defend myself in battle, but a poke ball offers another type of protection.”

“You can’t be stolen,” Emilie realized.

“Or forced to do anything I don’t want to do. That is where you come in.”

“So you want me to… show you things? And make sure no one takes your poke ball?”

“I will be more clear about my expectations as the time comes, but for now, I will ask this of you: you will keep me out of my ball whenever I ask and will not recall me without an explanation, you will answer any questions I have, and you will not trade me to another handler.”

Emilie jumped slightly at that. “I’ll do it… if you don’t read my mind more than absolutely necessary.”

“I suspected you would try to get out of it,” Clark said smugly.

“If you trust me so little, why stay? I’m not the only human in the world.”

"If I did not see potential for a true partnership between us, I would not even bother asking," Clark said, hiding from his handler the way he felt about her. She had taken advantage of him, yes, but she also had the potential to be very useful. She was not disinteresting, and the secrets she kept only intrigued the elgyem more. Not to mention, she had already captured a fossil pokemon that Clark had assumed to be extinct, as well as a member of a newly discovered species, and the largest pokemon in the world.

Emilie saw no other choice but to agree, even reaching out her hand and not flinching as the elgyem met it with his own small, stubby appendage. What felt like an instant later, she noticed the poke ball on the ground rising, then the button in the middle seemingly pressing itself. The cottonee emerged once more, but was startled out of his immediate desire to reapply his cottony covering to the human when he saw the elgyem. The pokemon was new to him, and drifted towards him, speaking softly in a voice the human could not understand.

This made Emilie nervous; she promptly reached into her bag for a treat she was saving for Littlefoot. “This is for you,” she said, holding the cold dessert out at the cottonee. “My name is Emilie. I’m your new handler. I wouldn’t hurt you.” She doubted the Carsen woman had enough strength to hurt even a cottonee, but it was worth a shot.

The cottonee turned to face the elgyem. “You promise?” the cottonee asked Clark, unbeknownst to Emilie. He made up his mind to at least try, now that the elgyem had promised something rather intriguing.

And the ice cream cake did look rather good.

When Clark nodded, the cottonee dove in eagerly, not bothering to share with the elgyem – and Clark made no move to take any of the food for himself. He simply turned to Emilie as the cottonee gorged himself, his words entering her head in a way that let her know the cottonee couldn't hear. "And I did this for you as well... I do wonder what would happen if even he turned against you."

Emilie felt a brief vision of herself, covered in cotton, before being hugged to death like an oversized pillow. And, oddly enough, the elgyem hadn't given her that vision. It was straight from her imagination – and the elgyem knew it, from the way he was looking at her with those unsettling eyes.

Sighing, Emilie approached the cottonee. "What are your conditions?"

Clark floated over, conferring with the cottonee briefly before returning to Emilie. "Soren asks that you not command him to do things, that you listen to him and work with him towards his plan of revenge against those who have wronged him. He will accept nothing less.”

That sounded a bit extreme, but she had agreed to stranger things in the past... there was no harm in agreeing to this one, especially if she could use this agreement to woo the cottonee onto her side. "Agreed," she said.

The cottonee watched her closely. The elgyem's words had intrigued him more than the human's, and he had never considered using a human for something like that. If he could form an alliance, perhaps not one based on trust but on mutual benefit, he could achieve his own goals while also avoiding capture from any other humans who would not agree to such a deal.

He smacked his lips as he finished the ice cream, his eyes darting between Emilie and Clark. "Nee!"

Emilie looked between the two pokemon as Clark turned to face the cottonee, wondering what the two of them were planning – and hoping that somehow, this triple allegiance to the Order, the Guardians, and now her elgyem wasn't the straw that would break the camerupt's back.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Chase
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 09:23 PM
| Quote |

I know nothing
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 750
Member No. 815
Joined on 20-January 13.

Characters:
Johann Schnee | Chase Redwood (Retired) | Oliver Spearow (Retired)

Awards: 3

Its a good thread. I know nothing about Emilie and from this one post, I can really get a sense of their relationship. Good Job. There isn't too much development with Soren, but there definitely is potential there. At least Emilie isn't going to be attacked by friendly-fire anytime soon... hopefully

+2 Happiness to Soren.
Added the following note to Clark: Expects the following from Emilie: To be treated as an equal, To be taught about the world, Not to be recalled without an explanation

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image user posted image
| PM || Email |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 10:32 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Pokemon: Clark
Time: Early afternoon

Goals:
- Clark receives the Early Evolution Spell Scroll from Emilie’s inventory and one rare candy and evolves into beheeyem (he learns Psychic Terrain, Wonder Room, and Synchronoise from the evolution, and Emilie gains 1 exp)
- Personality development for Clark

=============

He had learned a great deal during his travels with Emilie, but Clark realized there was so much more he could gain, if only he could use his powers to their full extent. And these powers were not limited to what he could do, but rather, what he could think.

Out of respect for his handler, he followed her wishes for the most part: not prying into her head unless there was a necessity, helping her with whatever she needed to do for her missions, but although he had obeyed thus far without challenge, something inside him had made him want to take a gamble.

He dared to challenge her, and she backed down.

Which made the next step even more interesting. She was familiar with him and his powers, at least to the point where she had a general idea of what he could do, but he had not been entirely honest with her. Yes, he was able to track and read minds and sense things, but she seemed not to have realized that he was capable of independent thought at a rather sophisticated level. His curiosity was not arbitrary, and he used it to find out about more than the world he lived in. He had used it more covertly, honing his powers in secret, so he could learn more about the mysterious one he called a handler.

She had dealings with many people, and many were laced with the bitter taste of dishonesty, a web of lies that he had trouble unraveling. She would never be honest about it, not with him, he could tell - so he decided to evolve.

It was less easy than he had thought at first. It would require a specific amount of energy, the likes of which he had not seen since Emilie gave so many rare candies to Tiny over time. Surely he would require less, as he was a much smaller creature - or at least he thought so, but after a covert session with Emilie's pokecard, he learned that he would take as much energy, if not more, to evolve. It was almost enough to make him put the goal aside. Almost.

But then one day, he sensed something strange and new in Emilie's bag. A rolled-up parchment that buzzed with power, a power that felt as familiar to him as the strength already coursing through his veins. That was the power to evolve, right there, and he waited and waited for her to do something with it. In the meantime, the edges of the scroll began to fray.

His first mission with Emilie was done. He now saw that he had to take what he wanted more forcefully, something that he had no doubt would work on the handler who hid many things, but not her fear for him. All he needed was a time when her stress was already high, and an opportunity provided itself when she chased a rare pokemon rather than staying close to her superior. The chase was on, and he intended to take full advantage of that fact.

"Emilie, stop," he said, and as her feet slowed, he grinned. This might be easier than he thought.

"We need to find Ashton - do you want to get in trouble with the Guardians? I don't," she said, hands on her hips, anger on her face.

"I think there is already some trouble brewing," he said, offhandedly.

"I have no clue what you're talking about," she replied, and he had to admit she was a good liar - without his psychic abilities, and knowing her mannerisms, he would have little indication that this line of conversation made her nervous. "Now, come on, we have to find him."

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about," he said, enjoying the way Emilie froze. This was a far more efficient way to deal with her, why had he never seen it before? "And in exchange for my silence, I want to evolve."

"I don't have enough rare candies for that," she said quickly. Too quickly.

"Is there no other way for me to evolve? I think there is," he pressed when she fell silent. "In fact, I think it's in your bag at this very moment."

"What's gotten into you, Clark?" she asked, a blush beginning to creep up her face. Ah, redirection - something he hadn't anticipated, but he had never played the game quite like this before; it would be foolish to anticipate he would think of everything before she said it.

Now, to put it in terms she would respond to. "You told me you would hold up your end of the deal."

"I've kept you out of your ball whenever you wanted, including now, when it's slowing me down and preventing me from getting my job done."

"There was more than that. I wish to indulge my curiosity about what evolution feels like."

Emilie ran a hand down her face. "So you know about the scroll - it could be dangerous, it could have side effects, it could kill you, and you just want to take it?"

"Since when do you have concern for me? You're stalling," he said, his tone even, his words mocking. "You're afraid." It was almost too cruel, and he wondered if he had pushed too hard, but the sudden spike of emotion he felt led him to believe that he was on the right track.

"I'm not afraid of you," she said in her best impression of someone who was not afraid of him.

And now, to present his demands. "You will give me the scroll now, and I will help you on your next mission, and ones to come. If it stays in the bag, certain things I know may not stay in my head." When Emilie failed to respond, he added, "Who do you think they would believe - a newbie Guardian or a pure psychic with no motive at all to lie?"

He dipped into her mind then, watching the gears turn. There was no way for her to know he was at least partially bluffing, and the fact that she might be willing to take this risk and let him evolve would be all the confirmation he needed.

Slowly, reluctantly, Emilie handed over the scroll, and Clark took it in his short blue arm. It began to disintegrate as it touched Clark's skin, almost blending into him as his face spread into a wide smile. When the surge of energy stopped right before the peak, he puzzled it over for a moment before remembering an obvious solution.

"And a Rare Candy to start the process."

"You want to do it now? With everything else going on?" Emilie said, her voice harsh yet squeaky, laced with fear.

"Do you want my help in finding your mentor, or not?" Many things seemed to pass through her mind before Emilie rummaged through her bag and tossed one of her rapidly dwindling supply of rare candies at Clark with a grunt. "Now, we can do much more than before," he said as he reached out for the candy, opening the wrapper gingerly and tipping the sweet into his mouth.

A surge of power erupted from him, and Emilie's swell of fear felt much, much stronger.

"Well, why don't we find this mentor of yours?" he asked with a smug face, unaware that the sneasel had already found the trail...

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 06:15 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 728
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

As stated in your goals, this was more for an IC bit of interaction and to get Clark evolved - essentially without bogging down the travels with this bit of interaction.

I did enjoy the brief foray into Clark's mindset, and the fact that he kind of turned the tables on Emilie for once rather than just going along with what she wanted - and look forward to seeing more of this in the future, especially now that Clark's psychic powers would have grown with the evolution.

That said: I don't think this piece earned more than what your goals stated, but you do get an evolved Clark with a few new tricks up his sleeve!

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Dev | Training

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams | Tracker
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (2) 1 2  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.