Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Characters - Long-termed and Short-termed Goals
Carnivale
 Posted: Jan 8 2013, 07:35 AM
| Quote |

Peace and safety, friend.
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 2105
Member No. 456
Joined on 22-July 12.

Characters:
Carmen Caldwell, Lahi Sharandi, Gilen Bassett

Awards: None

Normally I would have put this in the Site Discussion section, but this forum is more appropriate, methinks. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png And it is less for discussion and more personal knowledge - for both myself and for the other mods' benefits.

So I have recently been checking out some profiles and realized that we had totally forgotten about the long-term goals some folks set up for themselves. Like, I had no idea Maikeru Killigrew was supposed to he finding his mum until yesterday and while Air had mentioned it in the cbox before, I couldn't have remembered that every time I update him. So I think it would be awesome if members have a place to share their goals for both entertainment reasons and for record keeping.

Simply post here! Short-term plans - if you decide to share - are the little things you're planning for you characters that might not have been mentioned IC yet but would like to be mentioned some time soon. Maybe we can help you work it into your travels more smoothly. Long-term goals are more overarching plot ideas mods can work with and ultimate far-off goals and whatnot.

Here are mine.

Edit: Will sort out the other charries on their own account to prevent messy stuffy. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png

Emmet Teal:

Short-termed Goals:
- Travel to Miramossa and find out what exactly happened with his father.
- Train that new chansey of his

Long-termed Goals:
- Meet with and serve under Trick Stan Craft
- Tangle some more with the magic of the region and maybe somehow improve himself as a rogue

--------------------
PCR
Gilen Bassett
Profile --- Travels
|-|-|-|-|-|-|
Lahi Sharandi
Profile --- Travels
|-|-|-|-|-|-|
Carmen Caldwell
Profile ---- Travels
-
user posted image user posted image user posted image
| PM || Email |
^
Artistoso
 Posted: Jan 8 2013, 11:07 AM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 25
Member No. 591
Joined on 30-September 12.

Characters:
N/A

Here are some goals for Julian along with my own vision for him in the future. Also, once I get going with Julian, I hope to make another character in the future. I was thinking it would be cool to roleplay as Anthony, Julian's brother and expand on that character and his life in the Order.

*** Items in Gray are complete ***

Julian's Short Term Goals:
  • To catch a fast land-travel pokemon. Banana isn't necessarily the fastest steed on land.
  • To catch a large surfable pokemon for exploring. [Wailmer trade.]
  • Get some source of income. Will try to work on this when he gets to the next town.
  • Try out an actual pokemon battle.
  • Bond with Pearl.
  • Fly on Banana.
  • Get a fishing rod and go fishing.
Julian's Long Term Goals:Goals for my character:
  • Somehow join Harper's Passion. Maybe he finds a mentor that coerces/convinces him into joining. The idea isn't his but the thought somehow gets planted into his head.
  • Go after Bounties. Not sure what yet.
  • Fill out his travel dream team.
  • Play out a scenario where Julian battles by using his bow on top of his pokemon. (Both aerial and on water)
  • Play out a scenario where Julian uses Pearl as a Rocket Launcher.
  • Do more training posts.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

| PM |
^
August
 Posted: Jan 8 2013, 02:57 PM
| Quote |

Tribal Rebel
Background Mods
Total Posts: 100
Member No. 779
Joined on 5-January 13.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: 1

I like this new thread! Skye's goals are pretty straightforward right now, and my goals for her.

Basically-
  • Obtain a Growlithe. After obtaining it, train it to be a powerful Arcanine.
  • Obtain a Pikachu!
  • Successfully breed a Pokemon.
  • Bond with Blu and evolve him into a Togetic.
  • Long-Term: Make a name for herself in Harper's Region as a distinguished Handler of well-trained, strong Pokemon.

--------------------

user posted image
Sig by me! Click for Profile!
Skye's Travels ~ Goals ~ GFX Shop
Angelica's Travels ~ Angelica Elsworth
"There it must be, I think, in the vast and eternal laws of matter, and not in the daily cares and sins and troubles of men, that whatever is more than animal within us must find its solace and its hope. I hope, or I could not live."
-The Island of Doctor Moreau
| PM |
^
Meesh
 Posted: Jan 8 2013, 08:13 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Members
Total Posts: 770
Member No. 772
Joined on 2-January 13.

Characters:
Silva Adalinda

Awards: 3

Silva's Short Term:
- To become a member of Harper's Passion
- To train and grow closer to her (currently only) pokemon
- To eventually obtain a Growlithe

Silva's Long Term:
- To eventually become a (Air Path?) Balican Priestess

--------------------

Silva Adalinda

Drekar Shiroma
| PM || Email |
^
Antoine
 Posted: Jan 8 2013, 08:44 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Total Posts: 18
Member No. 778
Joined on 4-January 13.

Characters:
Antoine

Hmm...to be honest, I really haven't thought of making goals http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png

Antoine's Short-term Goals:
  • Get away from Marchton City as fast and far away as possible
  • Catch Pokemon to be (or can evolve to be) land, water, and sky steeds
  • Bond with his Pokemon
Antoine's Long-term Goals:
  • Visit every town/location in the region
  • Possibly join Harper's Passion
  • Train his Pokemon so that they'll eventually be able to battle effectively without orders.
  • Gotta Catch 'em all! (no, not really)

--------------------
Antoine Strivelyn
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Profile | Travels
| PM || Email |
^
JessicaLou
 Posted: Jan 11 2013, 01:38 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Total Posts: 14
Member No. 401
Joined on 1-July 12.

Characters:
Petronilla Lydoll

Petra's Short-Term Goals:
  • Get a Ponyta for transportation purposes
  • Train/Bond with her team
  • Complete missions and impress Lord Dodgeson

Petra's Long-Term Goals:
  • Explore the world!
  • Impress Lord Dodgeson =P

--------------------
user posted image
Petronilla Gillian Lydoll
Travels || Profile
user posted image user posted image user posted image
| PM || Email |
^
Desoto
 Posted: Jan 11 2013, 05:09 PM
| Quote |

always dreaming, never quite leaving
Members
Total Posts: 433
Member No. 169
Joined on 1-February 12.

Characters:
Joscelin Waters, Little White Owl & Vestie Lennell

Tommy's Short-Term Goals
  • sort out the fire situation in Cypwater
  • continue bonding & training his pokemon
  • see where his journeys take him
  • perhaps catch another couple of pokemon
  • Go hunting for treasure
Tommy's Long-Term Goals
  • See more of the world
  • Find treasures all over the place
  • Come back home to Cypwater and become a Guardian
  • Raise Kahona well so that he involves into a strong, healthy Infernape
  • Find out what became of his brother, Aurelio, and go back with him to Fough Place (for a bit)

--------------------
Evestalina Lennell
Joscelin Waters
Little White Owl
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
metronome
 Posted: Jan 12 2013, 04:20 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Total Posts: 541
Member No. 545
Joined on 3-September 12.

Characters:
Jaweaca Ashhand

Ooh, fun! Long overdue for some new goals!

Jaweaca Ashhand - Ex-Order Rogue -- Currently in Doran Village

Short-term Goals
Completed!
  • Train her team to keep them to being harmed
  • Meahe's evolution
  • Train Ippe
  • Increase K'owa's happiness
  • Clear out the slavers den on Rt 10 (40 miles north of Doran)
  • Take out her bounty
  • Learn more about the Order Rogue who assassinated her father
  • Kill the Order Rogue who assassinated her father
Long-term Goals (Some of which will occur to her later)
  • Clear out the corrupt merchant families from Navdia & Order/non-Order crooks
  • Prestige within the Order Take down Trick Zane Sweeney

--------------------
Metronome!
Jaweaca Ashhand, Taalka Diwoli & Senga Montagne

Event Tracker!
| PM |
^
Deoxys Theory
 Posted: Jan 13 2013, 10:30 AM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Members
Total Posts: 82
Member No. 783
Joined on 7-January 13.

Characters:
N/A

Sure, this seems like a good idea.

Short-Term Goals for Arline
  • Escapism. Arline has had a rough life. When thiings finally slowed down and she was borne into fortune, it was at the cost of her only friend's life. Joining the Order is both her way of trying to give herself a purpose and a way to avoid coming to terms.
  • Refine her personal skill.

Long-Term Goals for Arline
  • Exploring the world. Arline desperately wanted to see what the world has to offer, having been confined for so long. Desperately enough that she can't see or appreciate what she already has now.
  • Open? Arline is at a crossroads in her life. Presenting her with some big decisions to make about where she's going would be best. She's leaning towards becoming a skillful rogue, but really, I think anything could happen. Arline is malleable enough to end up somewhere completely different than she started, and for her this is definitely a personal journey.

--------------------

user posted image - user posted image - user posted image
| PM |
^
Air Sylph
 Posted: Jan 14 2013, 01:55 AM
| Quote |

Boom-boom!
Members
Total Posts: 265
Member No. 553
Joined on 5-September 12.

Characters:
Michael Killigrew, Macha Fury

Awards: 2

Maikeru
Short Term

Pokemon
  • Spearow
  • Tirtouga (Current Freeform)
  • Paras

Long Term
  • Find his Mother who has been captured by the Magic Guild to perform more magic for them. He was left behind because he had no magic.
  • Become the Trick's right hand man and lover
  • Become a Trick himself by taking over an incompetent Trick's area -- perhaps convincing the other Tricks and Trictesses it is not necessarily the strength of one's Pokemon but one's heart.

Macha
Short Term
  • Evolving all her Pokemon to their final stages.
  • Getting to know all of them better.
  • Treat Ares right.

Long Term
  • Find the boy that she had met years ago. He had told her where he was going to but she can't remember his face.
  • Clearing up her trust issues.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Diadem
 Posted: Jan 14 2013, 02:31 AM
| Quote |

Head for the hills!
Members
Total Posts: 189
Member No. 623
Joined on 15-October 12.

Characters:
N/A

This will probably undergo some editing, but more or less...

Short-Termed Goals:

- Discover the secrets behind the "dark" knife that he bought, and track down this potential poacher who it last belonged to so he can shove him into the sea kill him brutally put him out of business permanently.
- Get into an actual battle to test out Gawain's battling skills
- Evolve Altair the Hoothoot because noctowls are bigger and fluffier. Obviously. This man has such delightful priorities.
- Catch a magikarp and kick it to the twentieth level where it can kill ships with a single Dragon Rage

Long-Termed Goals:
And Questions that He Needs Answers For

- Regain his stomach for seafaring
- See all that Harper Region has to offer; maybe meet up with a roselia journeys-wise to see what all the fuss is about (won't capture it, since having a flamboyant kirlia/gardevoir-to-be on his team is already enough, thank you very much)
- Why are Harperians so freakishly freaky when it comes to ostracizing their magic-users?
- Why is everyone in Doran Village practicing such weirdo customs?
- Why are the owls and the walking roses so flipping big? But I like the fluffy owls. Maybe find a smaller one so I can cuddle with it.
- Someone please teach me how to read this region's off-rockers written language.
- What in Arceus is wrong with the shelloses here?
- Why is it that Miramossa only has one building and my psychic-type act like he's had too much fine wine (and why didn't he share?) around that place?
- More of that magic gimmick. Moltres cares if I die trying to figure out this bonkers region.
- Figure out who this Durandal who'd sent me the hoothoot is and meet up with him, if only to run a check and see just how much of a creep he is to know both where I am and know my name when I hadn't left Seaway since Fate tossed me onto this stranger land.

...Carni is drunk tonight. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png

--------------------
Gilen Roy Bassett

Guardian || Istin City || Councilman Matthais Lindsey
user posted image user posted image
Profile and Travels
| PM |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 12:51 AM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2310
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Gineva;
General:
  • Run. Gineva, although she won't acknowledge it, is really hell bent on escaping and fleeing from everything she grew up around because of painful memories and a very powerful sense of mortality. Travel the region, get out of it, maybe one day totally leave it and never return. For now, though, she's trusting to her position in the guard to provide the stability and order she needs in her life.
....let me get back to you on her. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png

Tobias;
Toby is a very transitory character right now, and I'll be playing through his development from a withdrawn, clever lad from a wealthy merchant family too shy to make friends very well but personable and charming to a notorious and ruthless rogue.

Short Term:
  • CATCH THAT MAGIKARP... and the feebas too.
  • Catch a staryu, evolve it.
  • Evolve Sealia
  • Sell the stolen jewelry
  • Give the dead kid's pokemon to someone in the handlers' guild with a note where to look for his body anonymously
  • Get the hell away from Seaway, just in case.
Long term: (not all he's realised he wants yet)
  • Become a much darker rogue who has no qualms with killing, but who does it only bloodlessly with a psychic pokemon
  • Earn his way up to captain a pirate vessel
  • Earn himself a notorious rogue name with his evolved feebas and magikarp as the Silver Serpent for his oceangoing pokemon, sneaky method of murder, and tendency to leave a piece of stolen silver jewelry on victims and a note handed off (with their pokeballs, typically) to someone not of the rogue class in the nearest city.
    • Note; he's already started part of this tradition with his first murder of Ian, the kid who recognized him in Seaway.
  • Become powerful enough that he won't have to fear the Guard, and notorious enough that the framing that landed him in the rogue life will fade to insignificance at last.
  • Go back home to his parents and ask them to leave their merchant business to pirate with him -- or at least fence his goods at top rates -- in exchange for being able to have their own little protected island in their old age. Tell them that he still loves them (not that he'll necessarily be capable of human love after he's done turning really nasty)
  • Learn how to manage his squeamishness so he doesn't nearly faint dead away or vomit at the sight of physical wounds.
  • Catch the rogue whose murders forced HIM into roguedom and skin the man alive and drag him behind the ship until he expires of pain/bloodloss/being eaten as sharkbait.

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
-AC-
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 01:06 AM
| Quote |

Experienced Handler
Members
Total Posts: 82
Member No. 552
Joined on 5-September 12.

Characters:
Jena Hearthsinger, Niamh Cairon, Dean Aldrich

I'll make it pretty and formatted once I'm on my computer.

Jena goals: Catch more cat like Pokemon, namely Persian or Delcatty or Glameow(never Purugly http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/14.png)
Evovle Growlithe AFTER teaching him Outrage
Find an Everstone so Purrloin wont evolve.
Capture Travel type Pokemon for Flying and water travel
long term
Make a name for herself a Cat Burglar
Become a Trictress in the Order

Niamh
Obtain pairs of Pokemon for Breeding. Niamh will try to be a purist, unless she is breeding for Egg moves.(Lucario with Blaze Kick? Raticate with Flame Wheel?)
Find a Male Ralts for Angel (Gawain? http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png)
Travel at least a year before going home

Long term
Marry Dean(betrothed)
Open a Breeding Ranch of her own/ be a Travelling Breeder

--------------------

Jena Hearthsinger
Jena's Profile | Jena's Journey
-----
Niamh Cairon
Niamh's Profile | Niamh's Journey
-----
Dean Aldrich
Dean's Profile | Dean's Journey
-----
PCR
| PM |
^
Chase
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 01:17 AM
| Quote |

I know nothing
Total Posts: 750
Member No. 815
Joined on 20-January 13.

Characters:
Johann Schnee | Chase Redwood (Retired) | Oliver Spearow (Retired)

Awards: 3

user posted image

Short Term Goals:
  • Find out why rogues are burning cabins in the forest.
  • Hunt down a bountied rogue.
  • Find a way to incapacitate Rogues, since he can't kill them. Cassandra's Job
Long Term Goals:
  • Eventually wants to meet a girl and settle down, but it’s not his top priority.
  • Top priority is to take care of his younger siblings to the point where they can take care of themselves without him having to worry about them. They are taking care of themselves now
  • Eliminate Rogues from Fough.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image user posted image
| PM || Email |
^
Diadem
 Posted: Feb 2 2013, 04:06 PM
| Quote |

Head for the hills!
Members
Total Posts: 189
Member No. 623
Joined on 15-October 12.

Characters:
N/A

Eh, okay. Now that I'm in the proper, serious mood to plan some stuff for my character. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/3.png And that other post stays for archiving purposes.

Arshad

Long-Termed Goals:
  • Reach the highlight spots of Harper Region
  • Head for Harper's Pass (I intend for him to grow curious about the history of the region and goes in search of answers regarding the Harper's legend)
  • Train entire team up to final evolution
  • For kicks, try to worm his way into the queen's court as an entertainer
  • Discover more about this Mage's Guild (heading for Miramossa after the Pass, possibly)
Short-Termed Goals:
  • End that poacher in his travels
  • Catch a water-type and train it; possibly a magikarp - Uncertain, as he might end up still depending on his noctowl for transportation
  • Get accustomed to having a psychic in his company; will be developing plans to use Gawain to his fullest potential
  • Master the written language of Harper
  • ADVENTURE!

--------------------
Gilen Roy Bassett

Guardian || Istin City || Councilman Matthais Lindsey
user posted image user posted image
Profile and Travels
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Plotting | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.