Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (13) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Charlotte Beauchamp's Travels, Ice Cold Glalie
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 19 2011, 05:56 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Total Posts: 2321
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1

The councilman nodded amiably to Lottie. "Welcome to the service, then, Lottie." The man waved one hand at her to indicate that she ought to leave. "It is far too warm in here for me to keep you waiting without a breeze, m'dear. Walk with me." He respectfully placed a hand behind her elbow to gently guide her out of his home and into his back garden, where a dry breeze provided some relief compared to the heat inside the small house. His victreebel, who was hanging from a palm to the side of the path, called quietly as he passed and he smiled at his friend.

"You have been given a number of items and some money to aid you in your work. Please, feel free to use it however you see fit. Now, your admission to the Guard could not have come at a more opportune time. You see, most of my force is currently occupied with rooting out a band of raiders in the desert who have been preying on my merchants, however, I have begun to hear rumors that there has been trouble at the lake. I do not know if it is related to the raider gang, but at least two rogue handlers have been attacking the innocent in an attempt to steal their pokémon for some ill use." He paused here to make sure that Lottie had gotten all of that, then spread his arms in a gesture of welcome as a very weedy-looking fellow with heavily taped glasses perched askew on his nose stumbled over some stones. Four pokeballs were set at his belt. Gathering his too-long arms and legs under him, he righted his glasses and sniffed, then beamed at the two of them. "This is Butch. He is one of my more senior Guardsmen. He may look clumsy, but don't let that deceive you. He is truly a wonder on the battlefield when it comes to it. Moreover, he will aid you in your task, and will ensure no serious harm comes to you on your first outing. That is all. You and he may exit directly from the gardens. Take the left path back by my victreebel and head down to the lake as soon as possible."

Butch, continuing to trip over his own feet, caught up with Lottie as they exited the gardens."Oooh, what'd you get? Those pokeballs look awful shiny! I bet they're your first pokémon ever, am I right? Say, I don't know your name!" Surprisingly, Butch had both an extremely low voice and was managing to walk and talk at the same time. Going as well as things were, perhaps it was time to see what was in those snazzy new pokeballs. The path to the lake was clear, and there was time to stock up on supplies too, if they were needed.

--------------------

user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Jul 20 2011, 03:38 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 827
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:
Lyra Sparrow | Gregory Beauchamp

Awards: None

[Egg Count: One]

Everything had happen so quickly. Lottie's head was filled with speaking. She slowly broke it down. First the Councilman had accepted her to his ward, and he had assigned her a task. She had been given Pokeballs and other items to aid her in her job. Then came the thing she wasn't expecting. She was going to have a babysitter for her first job, she could see why though, the Councilman wanted to make sure his investment wasn't going to abscond and cause trouble. However this mission sounded very interesting, and it seemed to involve a lake of sorts, which meant there had to be interesting pokémon around.

She then turned her attention to Butch, as Councilman had said, he did look rather clumsy and if she was honest like he didn't know much. Lottie felt a lot more assured when the Councilman explained that he was one of his senior guardsmen. so he obviously had to be good at his job, otherwise he wouldn't be a senior. Lottie curtsied as Butch appeared. "Good day sir, my name is Charlotte Beauchamp, but you can call me Lottie."

It seemed that Butch was a chatter-box, thta was good though, it would remind Lottie of her "mother". She looked at her Pokeballs, and then shook her head. "There's no need to let them out yet, I shall wait until I am out of the Councilman's property, if they were to cause damage I would struggle to live and pay for the repairs. She smiled she also checked through the other items that she had been given.

"There's enough here for me to without stocking up on anything, I don't know about you Butch." It seemed that Lottie wanted to get on the road and quick, however she really just wanted to see what pokémon she had, she really was a child at heart, it was her first proper pokémon, so she was like she would have been if she had recieved her first pokémon at Ten.

"Lets go straight out if you're ready Butch!"

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

user posted image user posted image user posted image

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 12:26 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

"Aw, shucks. They ain't going to cause no trouble! it's not like they're wild pokémon, yanno?" He shrugged, though, and grinned. "Come on, then! I love working with you new people on your first missions. It's so much fun! C'mon, let's get down through town and to the lake!" Ever excitable, the lanky fellow hoped right on out of the garden, and was partway down the road without looking back when he took a huge step forward... and promptly tripped over something small and round. He lay sprawled therefor a minute, while Lottie caught up. He carefully picked himself up, rubbing his scraped knee, and reached for the culprit: a pokeball. "Well hey there! What's this thing don' under my feet? Feels to me like it's full up of somethin'. Here, Lottie, you take it You'll need whatever it is more'n I will. It's probably a young pokémon too- look how shiny that ball is!" He thrust the ball into your hands without further ado.

Well. Now you had two pokémon, neither of whom you knew yet. This would be a great opportunity to see who they were, but alas, Butch was too eager to get to the lake and start hunting out those pokémon thieves. The clumsy nutball grabbed your wrist and off he went!

After a fairly hectic journey through the market square, with much bumping of heads (Butch's), tripping over playful pokémon (Butch), and many awkward apologies (aaand always Butch), the two of you were finally down to the road that lead to the shores of Crater Lake. Butch paused, panting heavily, and eyed Lottie. "So.. ah ah ah, I see you-you're rather tired from all that running through th-the marketplace. Why don't we just... ah ah ah... stop here for a few minutes so you can catch your breath and we c-can figure out our plan of a-a-attack. ok?"

You have received (1) http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/rsitem004.png [full]

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 12:43 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:

[Egg Count: Two]

"Thank God!" Lottie exclaimed when Butch finally stopped. "You should never hurry a woman Butch!" Lottie took a deep breath and listened to Butch asking about a plan of attack. She wouldn't have a clue what to do in a situation if she didn't know what pokémon she had, especially since she had just managed to gain another one without doing anything what so ever. "We'll get to the plan of action in a couple of minutes. First of all, i'll have to see what pokémon I own. If I go in without knowing, I could be in serious trouble." Lottie sighed, breathing in, she definately was tiring a little.

Lottie had put the Pokeball that Butch had passed to her away, but she wanted to see what pokémon she had recieved from the Councilman, pointless going anywhere without knowing what her starting pokémon was. She pulled the Pokeball from her back, which was pristine in comparison to the one that Butch had just fallen over. She thend did her magic, which involving flinging into the air.

"Pokeball, reveal what you hold inside!" She shouted as the ball flew through the air and opened. In a flash of white light a pokémon formed itself.

"Ponyta!" Lottie's eyes grew rather large. It was a horsey!! She glanced at it's body, it was covered in flames, something that would certainly be useful for her, and she could eventually use it as a steed, so less walking too. It was all working out perfectly for her. In her obvious naiveness she pulled her Pokecard from her pack. She had never seen this breed of pokémon before. It was explained to her that the pokémon was a Ponyta, a fire horse pokémon.

"Hello, Ponyta. My name is Lottie, i'm your new handler." Lottie smiled, a new pokémon for her to get to know, this was going to be fun. "Lets meet your new friend shall we?" She asked the Horse getting the other Pokeball out that Butch had past to her.

"Pokeball two, reveal what you hold inside!" The same again, Lottie tossed the Pokeball into the air, and it opened. Revealing another bright white light. She knew exactly what the pokémon was before she seen it. "DUUCCK!" Her face filled with wonder once again, and this time there was absolutely no need for her to use her Pokecard.

"Oh my Arceus! A Ducklett!" She knew this pokémon from when she had been travelling, many regions are home to this pokémon, like Wingull you tend to find them over the bridges in areas, what a feat of luck for Lottie, a Water/Flying Type. She had the best of both worlds here.

Now all she had to do was help Butch with a plan of attack.

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 22 2011, 08:50 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

"Aw, shucks. Sorry Lottie! I ain't meant no harm by it. Just got carried away is all. But hey, we're here now, right?" Unabashed, the fellow nodded eagerly at Lottie's decision -- HE wanted to know what she had gotten too. The odd fellow squealed and clapped his hands excitedly when he saw that the first pokémon was a ponyta, calling it over and playing with it with a look of pure ecstasy on his face. "Lottie, I ain't seen one of these since I been a little kid growing up out on the ol' ranch! I LOVE me a nice little ponyta! you're a right lucky gal!"

Ponyta eyed him awkwardly as he ran his hands over her, avoiding the firey mane with care. She snorted, but was clearly trying to be patient. It was rather a funny sight, the young ponyta with its head down and its ears back, dealing patiently with the clumsy, lanky man who looked more like an excited five year old who just got a little baby lillipup for the holidays excitedly lavished attention on it. The fire horse pokémon kept looking at Lottie as she was releasing the other pokémon, begging to be freed from her crazy mentor when another shriek made her spook and rear and run to Lottie's side.

The instant the ducklett had appeared, Butch had shrieked and fallen over backwards, rushing back away from the innocent water bird as fast as he could manage. The duck itself just stared at him, utterly shocked. "G-GET THAT THING AWAY FROM MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" butch's wailing caused a small flock of pidgey who had been scratching in the dirt some distance away to take off and flee as fast as they could. Of all ridiculous things, it seemed that the fellow was afraid of ducklett. Of course, Lottie had to get herself a ducklett with an attitude. The blasted bird waddled straight up to Butch and landed him a hard peck on the head before ruffling its feathers and smugly walking back to Lottie. It was a fairly young bird, most likely dropped from someone's cart from a market or just traded, since it didn't seem to realize that Lottie wasn't it's intended handler.

Butch had fainted when the duck got too close, but was now sitting up again, teeth chattering comically. He inhaled and exhaled rapidly, puffing out his cheeks, and gritted his teeth before getting up and moving back to where he had been standing a minute ago. "S-sorry, miss Lottie. I can't stand them flyin' water pokémon. Not one bit."

Ponyta sniffed, contemptuous.

"I can handle it now, though. Er," He paused, trying to get things back on track, still eyeing the bird nervously, hair a mess from his previous panic. "So, uh, the raiders been seen mostly along the eastern shores, near the mountains. I figure they's hiding out in some cave back there, so we should see if we can poke around in any we find. sound, uh, okay? Y-you and that... thing oughta lead. It's.. it's your mission aft'r all."

The nutball took another step back from the ducklett as it flapped its wings to spook him. The bird fell over laughing.

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Jul 23 2011, 02:14 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:

[Egg Post: Three]

Lottie nearly vomited when she saw Butch's reaction over her starter pokémon. Why on god's earth did he have to react like that, it was just a pokémon for goodness sake. Her evil streak really came about when she saw the reaction that Butch gave to the surprise pokémon. He shrieked in terror. After witnessing Ducklett harrass Butch she finally had to laugh.

"It's just, a Ducklett Butch. She's harmless." Lottie loved this, she had a Ducklett with attitude, and a Ponyta that didn't like Butch. This was going to be a fun mission. "Ducklett, from now on I shall call you Felicity. Now will you please return to your Pokeball for now." Lottie pulled her Pokeball from her pack and Ducklett was transferred back into it. Ponyta she was going to keep out with her for now, it was going to be a bonding time, and also a good way to trap the thieves, making them think that Lottie was a stupid woman, with her horse.

"Butch, Felicity's gone, i'm going to use Ponyta as bait to see if we can tempt these thieves out whilst we're snooping around, and hopefully, she will b of some use to us, as she certainly seems like a strong and reliable pokémon. Lottie ran her hand down Ponyta's neck, still missing the flames of her mane. it was too soon to assume that she wouldn't burn herself, it would take time for Ponyta to become accustomed to the new handler.

'Felicity is certainly going to be some use to us. I may need a look out. Although it could be strange having a Ducklett fly around, as they tend to reside around bridges and near the sea.' Lottie was over thinking things here.

"Butch, so we ready to start snooping around?" Lottie enquired. "Ponyta, are you ready too?" She asked, looking the fire horse in the eye. It wasn't something she was going to avoid, Ponyta had to feel comfortable around Lottie.

"Oh well, onwards we go!" She smiled, checking she could easily have her sword to hand.

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 07:47 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

Newly-named Felicity pouted as she was recalled to her ball, making one final fake out at Butch, flapping her wings like she was going to fly at him, but the gesture was weakened by the red light already surrounding her, and Butch only cringed, rather than falling over -- hey! Progress! The lanky mentor nodded happily at Lottie's plan, and one had to wonder if he had ever had a plan in mind at all. Ponyta, on the other hand, was a bit more cautious, and gave Lottie a suspicious look when she mentioned her role as pokémon bait. She snorted, but calmed as Lottie stroked her. By the time the young horse was asked if she was ready, Ponyta only nodded quietly.

Of course, nothing ever worked exactly as planned. As soon as Lottie declared that they were ready, Ponyta broke into a brisk trot, bordering on a canter, and charged around the corner, apparently intending to do a lap or two around the circular lake for show. Butch caught on first, oddly enough, and began shouting encouragement for the horse to go faster! faster! It was a fake training scenario. Butch and Ponyta, being more accustomed to pokémon training and what works best for getting stronger (respectively) both were pretending to be training Ponyta in speed. Butch looked much younger when he was eagerly shouting for the pokémon to run, which was probably the idea. If Lottie was honest with herself, the twenty-something looked no more than seventeen, that bare-facedly eager. If Lottie were to look a bit more closely, however, she would notice that he had one hand, not on his belt, but on a row of shrunken pokeballs clipped to his belt, carefully fingering the catch of the first one.

A minute or two later, Ponyta came racing towards the two humans, whinnying high and loud and bucking up, the show off, before putting on even more speed as its second lap started. Sweat frothed on her coat, but she seemed to be damn well enjoying herself. Three quarters through the second lap, when she was beginning to tire somewhat, it happened. Out of nowhere, a charizard rocketed out of a hidden ledge higher up on the cliffside nearest the lake, accompanied by a rough throated cry. It looked clumsy flying, and was likely just newly evolved. All the same, it barreled down on Ponyta and snatched it straight up, landing only long enough for Lottie and Butch to see two men whose faces cloaked by ragged cloths, one of whom was accompanied by a much younger looking deerling leaping along beside him, come out and throw some kind of powder on the horse, who almost immediately stopped struggling. Sleep powder, no doubt purchased from one of the medicinal shops in the city. After that, the two men ran back towards the cliff and slipped behind a boulder so fast that they might not have been there at all. The charizard was already gone, presumably back up to the hidden outcropping.

Butch smiled in an entirely new way, rough and ragged and up for the challenge. "And that, little lady, Tha's how we do it." He unclipped his first pokeball and tossed it up high, high in the air, and let it release. "A very good plan, m'dear. You watched carefully where they ran inside the cave and hid theyselves, right? That's where we's headed. I'll take care o'that there new charizard while you battle the deerling babe. Looks like a master and an apprentice, judging by the pokémon strengths. I'm'a estimate Deerling at abou' level seven 'r so." He spun to the pokémon that had come out of the ball and spread his arms as if to give it a huge hug, then pointed with one of the tilted up hands to the cave, lowering the other slightly, "ALRIGHT FLYGON, m'love! Ready for your first aerial battle? Recovered from your evolution?" He nodded to Lottie as Flygon hovered unevenly, but excitedly. "Caught her m'self as a wee little ol' trapinch. She went n'evolved way early on our last mission 'cause I was in big trouble- see how she's real thin, like? She'll fill out as she gets stronger, but she's what we got now, best bet." And with that, Butch pointed to the cave, sending Lottie in, while he leapt onto Flygon's back to follow the charizard. "I'll be inside that cave to meet you as soon as I can, scream if you need help. I'm dead certain they's keepin' the stolen ones inside so's they don' get beat up out there by the weather and sun and die, so there's gotta be a bigger opening up there somewheres for charizard to get outta. I'm bettin' them tunnels are pretty big, so Flygon, little as she be, cin maneuver inside o'there with ye when we finish with that big flaming bastard of a false dragon! AIEEEEEE!"

He didn't even pause to say goodbye. Man, was he excitable. Looks like Lottie was on her own, but at least the stronger trainer would be up looking to take care of his charizard in the upper caves, most likely. You still had your Ducklett, and doubtless Butch would wake Ponyta and send her back on down to you while you were fighting with the little grass pokémon. It was uncommon for the average handler thief to have too many strong pokémon, and this guy was most likely a one-and-done handler, since he was busy hiding out in the cliffside caves instead of using proper force like most would. One thing was for sure: these two had nothing to do with the Order, they were too undirected. What were they catching the pokémon for, whisking them away? Even unaffiliated, that duo raised a few troubling questions of their own.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/6charizard.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. 36
Condition unknown; newly evolved.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/585.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 05
Condition unknown; presumably relatively inexperienced.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/330flygon.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 40
Butch's pride and joy, thin and somewhat frail from her too-early evolution, but full of energy and more than ready to go.

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 04:03 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:

[Egg Post: Four]

Charlotte was amazed by Butch's ability to read Ponyta as she went from a trot to a canter, then finally onto a gallop. It was nice to see Ponyta galloping around the lake. However the site of a Charizard scared the life out of her. A pokémon like that, it seemed newly evolved. Whatever the case, Charizard were nasty pieces of work at times, especially when commanded by a rather suspect handler.

Now Butch mentioned about his thoughts of a Handler and his apprentice, which was good, as Butch and Lottie were in the same boat, it was just ashame that Ponyta was unable to battle, even though Felicity was a Flying pokémon, her water typing made all grass moves against her had normal damage, so Lottie was going to have to be very quick in this battle, otherwise she would have no chance at getting any further, and as this was her first mission, there was no way on earth that she was going to fail it, she may as well be dead if she were to fail.

As Butch dashed off, Flygon leading the way, Lottie turned her attention to Deerling. She knew from previous experiences that Deerling were part grass, part normal. Hopefully Ducklett would be able to cope. She reached into her pack and pulled out Felicity's Pokeball, enlarged it and tossed it into the air. "Felicity, it's time for your battle!" Lottie spoke as the ball released her duck pokémon once again.

The Felicity hovered in the air. "Duck...lett?" She spoke. Lottie took a deep breath, this was going to be the first time that she had ever commanded a pokémon in battle, and she was all alone. Butch, obviously was going to take on the Charizard, that Lottie had no chance to take on in her current power level.

"Felicity, we need to go into the cave and follow these People." Lottie looked at her flying duck. "They have a Deerling, so we need to be careful, if the cave's dark, you may get attacked. So if you sense anything I want you to attack with Water Gun." Lottie was thinking this over carefully. If the cave was dark, a Water Gun could attack the area quite a bit, an Aerial Ace in the dark would just be dangerous, even as a newbie handler she knew what was going on.

"Lets go!" Lottie spoke again to Felicity, heading the direction of the cave.

Hopefully this would go well for her, otherwise she was going to be screwed!

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 28 2011, 02:36 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

Felicity nodded before hurrying up to the cave alongside her handler, and both easily slipped through the crack that was the entrance to the cave. Fortunately, the cave itself was neither large nor dark, as several places in the ceiling had crumbled in or had been broken to let the light filter in. There was one large room inside, and a tunnel that twisted upwards where someone had chiseled rough stairs into the stone, presumably leading up to where Charizard had taken your ponyta and the rest of the stolen pokémon. All around this room, however, were a number of flipped-over moo moo milk crates, and on one side, beneath a hole that had been surrounded with some sort of pokémon hide to form a mock chimney, there was a little space for a fire and a rudimentary stove. On the other side, piles of blankets that probably served as beds. It was clear that this was both a hideout and a home for these two, though Lottie really could comment on their horrific taste in rugs, judging by the ratty, circular, pule-green and neon red one that covered the floor in the center of the room. The worst part of it was quite possibly the toxic-orange polkadot pattern.

Desperate need for an interior designer aside, you had entered just in time to see the very edges of a coat disappear up the badly-constructed staircase/tunnel, although that one was not the man you were looking for. The one whom your concern was with currently stood awkwardly in the very center of the room, right on that damn eyesore of a rug. Felicity looked up at you in surprise as the young man just stared at Lottie for a minute, before fumbling his pokeball out of a pocket and releasing his deerling, who made a squeak of alarm. Apparently they weren't particularly experienced with battling either. Felicity, who had taken note of Lottie's orders, happily quacked and cannoned water out of its mouth all around the room before the deerling could make an attack, though she was running back and forth trying to get away, which worked to some extent, with Ducklett wasting most of its power and only clipping the deer.

Finally, Felicity's attack subsided, and the little water bird waited for orders. The sopping wet deer looked as infuriated as its handler did at the ducklett, although the handler was more worried about that horrible rug for some reason. "Linda! Agility and Return! Don't let that little chicken get away with soaking our floor!" Apparently, the deer only knew its primary TMs, so Felicity was safe from grass moves for now. Deerling charged forward, racing around the room once to pick up speed, dodging things as the agility took its effect... and crashed straight into Felicity, who went flying off to the side and hit the cave wall. The deerling skidded to a halt as she rounded back to stand by her handler again, panting. Luckily, 'Linda' wasn't used to her handler yet, so the return attack only did moderate damage, and Felicity was back on her feet again with a few flaps of her wings, and looking miiighty irritated with the deer. Lottie might have to keep an eye on this pokémon's attitude, it looked like it would like nothing better than to take this battle into its own hands.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/580.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 03
-Slightly injured from the last attack, bruised, though not impeded or badly hurt. Angry.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/585.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 05
-Soaking wet, out of breath from her frantic attempts to dodge the water gun and her most recent attack, not physically injured. Somewhat battleshy.

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Jul 28 2011, 02:45 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:

[Egg post: Five]

Felicity certainly had some attitude. Lottie looked at her face, she was not a happy... duckie? "Now Felicity, we're going to work together on this, otherwise we'll fail completely!" Lottie told her rather angry pokémon. 'A Return attack means that Deerling doesn't have as many Grass moves, which will make life a little easier for me.' Lottie had noticed, and that was the main thing.

She took a breath because the battle was going to get into full gear now, and there was no way she was going to let Ducklett lose. "Felicity, I want you to use your Aerial Ace attack please, then follow up with a Pluck!" Lottie wasn't going to waste time here, her mission was to stop these people, and she desperately wanted her Ponyta back. Aerial Ace was a good move to have due to it's capability to be a near 100% hit rate, then Pluck was something that meant Lottie could see if Deerling was holding a berry.

Felicity quacked. It seemed that she was going to be one of these anger driven pokémon, however Lottie wasn't going to let her go off and attack without commands, she was the handler, which meant Felicity would have to pay attention to her, otherwise Lottie would find herself in a lot of trouble. There was no way she could fight the pair of the them with her sword, especially when they had Deerling to back them up.

"Just give yourselves up!" Lottie shouted. "Felicity is raring to go!" Ducklett then became airborne once again. Hopefully she would listen and do exactly as she was told, otherwise Lottie was going to have to be creative in her style.

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 28 2011, 03:30 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

It was more than obvious that Felicity was glad to have a handler who could give commands quickly. The furious duck shot through the air at the deer, who yipped, eyes wide, as the blur of blue and feathers sliced across its body in an areal ace that hit the grass pokémon dead on. For all its agility, the deer could not have escaped such a fast attack! The handler cringed sympathetically as the shellshocked deer stumbled over, half falling. Felicity pulled herself up into the air and made a great loop, pressing the advantage, and again rammed into the deer, her beak probing, pecking, searching, plucking... and coming up with absolutely nothing but a traumatized deerling before wheeling back to perch directly in front of the deer's handler, glaring.

Well. It looked like someone was enjoying the battle, as she watched the deer struggle laboriously to its feet, scared. Its handler, however, was relentless. Unfortunately, the deer still had a few tricks up its sleeve. The handler whipped out something that looked an awful lot like a disc, and pressed it to the deerling's forehead. During this brief pause, the sounds of a battle were clearly audible from up above, as were a wide variety of footsteps. The disc glowed, and then it shattered. "LINDA. USE YOUR AGILITY WITH WILD CHARGE! KILL THAT DUCK!"

...Oh boy. That tm had apparently been the move Wild Charge, and the wide eyed young doe suddenly appeared more confident as sparks gathered around it. Felicity glanced down at the soaking wet floor, up at Lottie, down at the floor, up at the stupid handler, back to Lottie. The poor duck knew what was about to happen and squeezed her eyes shut tight.

And Ponyta reached the bottom of the stairs. Its face showed horror for a split second, and then it galloped at the deer as fast as it could, cloaked in fire, using a charge of its own. The deer had taken one step, and the electricity would have hurt, possibly killed, everyone in the room had Ponyta not hit the other pokémon hard enough to knock it off its feet. Almost immediately, the electricity went out, and while deerling lay twitching, she was not fainted. Ponyta, however, was apparently still weak from the struggle up above, and had fainted.

Deerling's trainer just stood there, open mouthed. Now would be a very, very good time to finish things before he got any other crazy ideas.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/77ponyta.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 05
FAINTED.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/580.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif Lv. 03
Tired, eyes shut tight, cringing.

Hanging on by a thread, burned, struggling to get up.

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Jul 28 2011, 03:41 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:

[Egg Post: Six]

Lottie was a bit shocked when she had heard Wild Charge commanded. She then witnessed something she hadn't expected, her starter pokémon came galloping to the rescue use what looked she assumed was Flame Charge, she struck. Lottie had totally forgotten about the water until Felicity had looked at it. Lottie smiled when she saw that Ponyta had stopped Linda, but was heartbroken when she realised that Ponyta had fainted. Hopefully it was only that.

"Felicity, open your eyes!" Lottie shouted loudly. "I know you are scared by I need you to use another Aerial Ace before Deerling gets up, please do it for Ponyta, she's risked her life to save us!" Lottie pulled a Pokeball out as she shouted at the Ducklett. "Ponyta, you are awesome, now you need to rest." Lottie pointed the Pokeball to the horse. Lottie seemed surprised that Ponyta would come to the rescue, it seemed that the firehorse was starting to get a kinship to Lottie.

"Felicity, I trust you, now quick, before Deerling is able to use Wild Charge again, it'll kill us all!" Lottie shouted. Lottie looked to Linda's handler. There was no telling what he was going to do next, he could do something to Deerling, or for all she knew he could have another pokémon hidden away, whatever the case, Lottie needed Felicity to open her eyes and finish this battle. Lottie could only stand back and wait to see if she would attack. Hopfully the fright that Deerling's handler had could be used to her advantage.

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 31 2011, 06:49 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

Felicity heard Lottie, and knew what she had to do. All at once, the little blue pokémon, utterly furious about Ponyta's state, was in the air. Lottie could have blinked and missed it, but when the bird landed squarely beside the ponyta, whose firey mane and tail had faded now to mere embers in its exhausted state. Ponyta neighed quietly, opening her eyes a sliver, making it clear that aside from a few bruises, she was fine, just utterly worn down.

The deerling, Linda, on the other hand, was not so lucky. Its handler was crouched over it, obviously concerned. Perhaps Felicity had gone a bit too far with her aerial ace, but then the handler stood. Linda was bloody and entirely passed out, the last aerial ace having opened a nasty gash from neck to rump, but it didn't look too deep. The boy would have to shell out for a healer if he didn't want his pokémon to have a scar, but the pokémon would be fine after the healing process began. The handler recalled the deer and raised both his hands, bested entirely. He pocketed his pokeball and took a few steps back in surrender, waiting for Lottie's judgement.

And of course, right when she was about ready, Sir Perfect Timing came quite literally rolling down the stairs, locked in what looked to be a slap fight with the other man, who looked a bit singed, clothing slightly charred. Butch, miraculously, looked in top condition, and within moments of hitting the ground (the crazy fellow didn't even seem to feel the fall; I guess you get used to that kind of thing after a while) he was up and had the older handler's hands bound behind his back. "Well hey there Miss Lottie! I sent poor ponyta down as soon as she got the others free. Something was troubling her, and i guess she fixed it, whatever it was. The poor dear looked like she was gonna faint right down where she was after we got her out of that big ol' charizard's grip!" He wandered over - tripping over the edge of the rug and then glaring at it as though it has insulted his mother - and checked out ponyta, then smiled. "Not to worry about her now, you hear? She just needs some rest and careful handlin' for a bit. A healer cin fix 'er up nice, but one of them'll cost you a penny. If you wanna, that's being up to you, and I know where one of them's living back in the city. But for now, good work! Now, I want'cha to go ahead and arrest that man in your patron's name. You can hold his hands for now, or make that... that... AAAAAAARGH!"

Butch had finally noticed Felicity. After a good deal of chaos where he finally managed to settle down some and after several comical falls from both him and his thief, he finished his thought. "A-as I w-was sayin', You c-can either set a p-pokémon to watchin' him if you have one willin' or ready to, or you can hold 'im yourself. I bought myself some rope in town and I use that to keep 'em under wraps, just 'cause I'm so clumsy 'n all, but they's not necesary."

He gave you the nod to take the lead and arrest that man. All in all, your job was done, except for gathering up the stolen pokémon to send them on back to their handlers and reporting back to the councilman with your captured criminals so that he could question them himself.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/77ponyta.png
+1.5 exp

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/580.png
+4 exp

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
Ice Cold Glalie
 Posted: Aug 4 2011, 06:27 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Member No. 5
Joined on 22-May 11.

Characters:

[Egg Post: Seven]

Lottie sighed with relief. "Felicity, you are the most awesome of awesome pokémon!" She grinned at her duck. Lottie then slowly walked over to the thief. "I am placing you under arrest by the warrant of the Councilman, Beaty Pamire." Lottie then grabbed him by the wrists. She then glanced over to her Ducklett. "Felicity, I have another job for you. Keep an eye on this idiot whilst we make sure all the stolen pokémon are recovered!" Felicity quacked and then waddled over.

"Shoot him with a Water Gun if he attempts to make a run for it!" Lottie was not going to have this idiot get away. She had done one part of the task, and now it was just the chore of locating all the stolen pokémon. "Butch, do we know how many pokémon were stolen?" Lottie asked. "Just, I don't want to have to come back here." Lottie seemed to know what she was doing. Lottie had just let Ponyta rest for now, and it was time for her to rest in her Pokeball.

"Ponyta, you too are the awesomest of pokémon, now have a rest, and when we get back to the city, I shall take you to a healer." Lottie pointed her Pokeball at the horse.

"Now lets get the stolen pokémon back." Lottie still needed Butch to answer her question of if he knew how many or what type of pokémon were stolen, then she would get straight to work to recover them.

It seemed like Charlotte had a good pokémon in Ducklett too. She watched as Felicity watched guard, letting of random quacks from time to time.

--------------------

Lyra Sparrow
<Profile> <Travels>

| PM || MSN |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Aug 7 2011, 10:13 PM
| Quote |

It's a box of spiders.
Admin
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.

Characters:

"Ain't too many of them. Just these two people here working by themselves ain't able to pick up too many. There's near about 20 or 25 of 'em stuffed in the cavern upstairs. No pokeballs layin' around either, so their handlers still got em, presumably. Donno how they's gonna be got back to their handlers, but we leave he handlin' of em to the administrative lot. They put up posters and pictures and stuff ususal."

The younger of the two men was eyeing Felicity nervously. After all, that duck meant business, and even a young pokémon could still inflict some nasty blows if it needed to. The fellow tried to inch away from her, only to be met with a nasty hiss and a sharp peck to the ankle. After that, he didn't bother trying. As for Butch's thief, he sullenly followed where he was lead, and let Buch tie him to the other thief to be watched by Felicity. He opened one of his other pokeballs, revealing a Clefable, of all things, whom he ordered to help Felicity. Those two weren't going anywhere.

He gestured for Lottie to follow him upstairs, then headed up, assuming she would be on his heels. Somehow, he managed not to fall on his face any more than once on the way. Upstairs were indeed a number of pokémon, almost all young starters or newly-hatched, crowding tightly around Flygon, who appeared to be consoling them. Most of them were very common pokémon around the city: small birds, a few cat or dog like pokémon, and a few from the desert around Navdia. There was even a geodude. After some considering, Butch loaded the youngest and the injured onto Flygon, who didn't seem to mind the weight of six or seven small passengers.

"Alright, Lottie. You take it from here. If you don't have a flier like my flygon around and you have a lot of young injured pokémon, you might have to carry them yourself, but just now you gotta ask these here pokémon to follow you. Most o' the time they's just gonna come once you tell 'em who you're with and where you're gonna go with them, so tell 'em how we're gonna take them all back to the city and try and get them back with their handlers, then lead on. I'll take care of walkin' with them scumbags downstairs, and we can ask them the questions and get our informations outta them once we're back to the Councilman. He got this special set o' rooms and such off in a buildin' at th'other end of his garden there where we can ask 'em questions with guards around. Afterwards, we go talk to the Councilman with what all we know, and the guards deal with 'em as they see fit. No dirty work f'r us, no sir!" Finished with his long winded explanations, he flapped his hands at Lottie to get a move on, though he lost his balance partway through and had to grab onto the rough wall to avoid trampling a couple pidgey, who ran, flustered, back to the tight knot of pokémon milling abotu anxiously after the departure of Flygon.

--------------------

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards

| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Navdia Crater | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (13) 1 2 3 ... Last » | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.