Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Tori's Travels, Korosensei
Khaleesi
 Posted: Jul 27 2015, 07:09 PM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Total Posts: 934
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:
Elena "Ellie" Fletcher, Clare Everhart,

Awards: 2

[ Welcome back to Harper! You’re familiar with the drill by now. ]

RP Sample/Prologue

---
    Not everyone in Marchton was particularly pleased by Tori’s decision to release a pokemon right in the middle of the square. They muttered irritably as they moved aside from the flash of light, which gave Tori’s new pokemon room to stretch his wings. The taillow hopped about the cobblestones for a seconds before taking a few experimental flaps, catching some air, and then hovering six feet up to take in his surroundings.

“Miss? Oi, Miss??” a squeaky voice called from the crowd, and Tori would turn to see a young boy pull himself out from between the throng of people. He nearly tripped on the circle of empty space around Tori, but caught himself quickly and stood up tree-trunk straight, his face flushed in vexation. The boy might have been a year or two younger than Tori, though much shorter than her, and her unusual height possibly lead the kid to believe she was older than her real age. He stared up at her, eyes shining, and abruptly thrust a colorful flyer in her face:
    L O S T  POKAYMON!
    http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/25pikachu.png
    bloved peekachu lost from family home!! ansers to the name “Smudge.” I dont have much but I will rewerd the finder!!!please help!

It was worth noting that the drawing of the pokemon was quite good, if one was going on the assumption that the boy was the artist. The likeness of a pikachu was unmistakable—it even had the heart-shaped tail—although this pokemon had zigzag stripes instead of solid brown ones and had a ribbon tied to one ear.

“You’re a handler, right?” said the boy. “Is that bird of yours trained? Cause…cause he’d be good at looking out for my pokemon, wouldn’t he?” He lowered his flyer and sniffled. “My folks said Smudge probably just ran off t’the forest, but I think she was stolen…oh, I miss her. Will you help me, Miss?”

Tori was under no obligation to actually assist this strange boy. She’d just been through a lot, so to refuse his request wouldn’t be unexpected; she had much to focus on now. It was just a matter of recalling her pokemon and slipping back into the crowd and then she’d be rid of him. There were other, more lucrative jobs she could nab now that she was a handler, or maybe she just wanted some alone time to go over her new pokemon, or perhaps she had eyes out for a General Shoppe. Either way, she would have to respond to the boy in some form, since he was starting to look a little pathetic in the middle of the street. Where were his parents, anyway?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
- - -
X/Y FC: 5129 1837 4187
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Jul 27 2015, 09:29 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Total Posts: 1594
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Awards: 5

Tori released her pokemon, not paying attention to anything happening around her. Instead she was focused on the red light that faded into a very small pokemon that promptly began hopping about on the cobblestones. She didn't need a pokedex to tell her that it was a taillow. The small flying types were common enough around the Harper region and especially the forest where she had lived that she had seen quite a few, but always flying gracefully. She had never seen one hop on the ground, but she did think it was marginally cute as it pecked at a few crumbs of pastry on the ground. She couldn't help but grin slightly. Clearly Anaia had thought about the pokemon to give her child very carefully. The taillow was something Tori was likely to have seen before, a smaller challenge but a friend she might be able to bond to easier. The mantyke, on the other hand, could either be a symbol that she wasn't being stingy or a hope that she could train the water type pokemon together with her daughter. Even though these plans didn't work out, Tori was still determined to train both pokemon.

She crouched down to try to reach eye level with the small bird, which started flapping its wings, trying to reach the increased height. Tori reached out a hand and the taillow tried to perch itself on her finger, instead landing on her wrist by mistake, shaking its feathers a bit, and then hopping over to her finger. She thought he looked small or perhaps a bit runty, but there was no reason why she couldn't work with him. "Hi, um... I don't think it's fair to give you a name until I know you a bit better. What do you say we try to do a job or something and find out how we work together?" The taillow chirped and flew up higher until it was several inches above Tori's height when she stood up. Perhaps he was scouting? If he was, he sure didn't know what he was looking for, because an opportunity presented itself literally moments later.

A small voice attracted Tori's attention, and she looked down to find a boy who looked almost her age, but was definitely smaller, looking up at her with hope in his eyes. What could she have possibly done to merit this kind of attention? Next thing she knew, she had a flyer shoved in her face. There was a drawing of a pikachu wearing a bow and with odd stripes, and a poorly spelled description that this particular pikachu was lost. Her heart went out to the boy - she hadn't owned a pokemon for all that long, but she knew she would be heartbroken if her pokemon ever got lost. She was already feeling sick from the loss of her rapidash, who she knew she couldn't go back to get without risking running into her... well, her not-mother again. She didn't want to think about it, not if she could help this boy.

"Yes, I'm a handler. My name's Tori," she said in response to his question. As for his question about the taillow, she wasn't completely sure how to answer. She didn't know if Anaia - her mother, she had to remind herself again - had trained the small bird, or if she had just caught it. "I'm training my taillow, and I also have a mantyke who might be able to help. They're both relatively young pokemon, but they seem eager to learn." She hoped this would be enough, and the boy wouldn't be looking for some sort of expert.

As to his final question, there was only one possible answer. "I'll do my best to help you find Smudge. Do you remember where you saw her last? And did anything go unusually in the past few days - did she change her behavior at all?" After all, a pikachu was not too rare either, and she would need some more clues to figure out where to start the search. In the meantime, she called her taillow down to rest on her hand again. "My taillow might be able to scout a larger area if you saw her run off in a particular direction." She waited for him to take charge and guide her on her first mission.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Khaleesi
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 06:20 AM
| Quote |

nerd hater
Banned
Total Posts: 934
Member No. 1506
Joined on 17-March 14.

Characters:
Elena "Ellie" Fletcher, Clare Everhart,

Awards: 2

[ +0.7 EXP for last post. ]
---
    The boy’s eyes got a little watery. “Oh thank you! Thank you so much! No one’d listen, I am so grateful!” He rubbed sloppily at his eyes and nose with his sleeve and sniffled. “Maybe we could start looking at my house? That is where she went missin’. I live just in the city limits, this way.” He sent an appreciative smile toward Tori’s taillow and then ducked back into the crowd, who had largely returned to usual business now that the initial excitement had passed.

It appeared the boy was used to winding through throngs of people, as he navigated the Marchton streets with ease, but never did he stop to make sure Tori was keeping up. Once they’d gone beyond the busiest streets, he slowed to a stop so that Tori might walk with him. “The name’s Tomas, by the way,” he said, then seemed embarrassed he’d forgotten to mention this until now. They walked by a General Shoppe, and if Tori excused herself a minute to check out the wares inside, Tomas would not object, and offer to stay outside until she was finished.

Whether or not Tori took the opportunity to buy things, once they were back on the road, Tomas tapped his chin with his finger. “You asked ‘bout strange behavior, and now that I think ‘bout it, Smudge was acting a little more…mean than usual. Not to me! Never to me. Um, what’s the right word? Aggressive, I think. She’s been real weird ‘bout goin’ outside. She usually loves explorin’ the woods with me, y’know? But she hardly ever wanted to leave the gardens recently, took to stalking ‘round the edges of the forest. And when inside the house she stayed by the window always. She never hurt no one, though—except, well. ‘Cept my father. But it was an accident! He was comin’ home real late and Smudge was up at the window, like usual. I think she dozed off ‘cause she didn’t recognize him when he came in through the door. Shocked him right on the spot! He was okay, but…but the next day was when Smudge went missin’.”

As Tomas talked, he led Tori and her pokemon north, toward the lake above Marchton. Houses and businesses gradually grew further apart, giving way to small yards and personal gardens, to smatterings of trees and other, taller plants. Although wingulls still wheeled in the sky above them, the salty scent of the Gulf had mostly disappeared. Tomas took them down a gravel road, toward where Tori could see the tops of trees, bunching together into the beginnings of a forest. At the end of the road was a modest log cabin. The family here obviously had a green thumb, as vibrant plants, berries, and vegetables brimmed all throughout the yard. Potted plants hung from awnings and brightened up the windows. In one such window, Tori would be able to spot a little wicker basket stuffed with blankets and decorated with red ribbon—probably Smudge’s bed.

There was a henhouse attached to the cabin, bordered by a low wire fence. The ground inside had been worn to bare dirt where a few torchic played in the sunlight. A combusken lounged on the roof of the henhouse; napping, it looked like. Forest pressed in around the yard on three sides, and the nearest neighbor was back down the road, out of sight. Tomas tossed his arms out to either side, as if to say this is it. “My house,” he said unnecessarily. “This is where Smudge disappeared two days ago. I let Smudge outside in the evening. Most times I don’t leave her alone, ‘cause she and Charlie—that’s our rooster—‘cause she and Charlie sometimes fight. But I was takin’ care of my baby sister, since she’s been sick, and I left him just for a few minutes…” Tomas looked like he might begin to cry. However, the boy puffed out his chest and swallowed back his tears. “Where do you want to start lookin’?”

--------------------
- - -
X/Y FC: 5129 1837 4187
Trainer Sprite Shop
PCR || dream team
Sigs by CounterHex!

| PM || ICQ |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 7 2015, 10:05 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Tori offered a small smile when the boy looked so happy. He even started crying a bit, which only reinforced to Tori that she was doing the right thing. She didn't know how to respond to his emotional words, but she did know to follow him as he wove his way through the crowds. Tori had never woven her way through a crowd like it seemed this boy was accustomed to, and she found herself stepping on a few feet to reach her destination. At one point she lost eyesight of the boy, and looked around frantically until she saw her taillow flying slightly up ahead. She sighed and ran again, almost tripping over another child before she found the boy again. "Sorry," she huffed, short of breath from her running and the panic that she had lost her lead. "I'm not used to cities. I think it'll be nice to visit your home, Tomas," she added once he provided his name slightly sheepishly. She didn't fault him for not revealing his name right away; she knew all too well the feeling of things being too rushed or urgent to even think of her own name. She hadn't even named herself Tori for several days after the incident. And even though she saw the General Store, she didn't even think to go inside. If the boy's mission was so urgent that he had forgotten to offer his own name, then he clearly didn't have time to wait for Tori to go shopping. She walked right past the store, and followed Tomas back to the road.

As they walked, he began to describe what was happening with his pokemon. Apparently the usually-tame pikachu had been acting more aggressive, even going so far as to shock Tomas's father. She wondered about some of the pokemon's behaviors, mostly the skulking indoors instead of wanting to go outside (pokemon, in her experience, preferred to be outdoors), and if Smudge was hanging around the window, perhaps she really did want to go outside. Maybe something was preventing her from leaving? It could be a psychic pokemon or even a shady person who was controlling or frightening the small pokemon in some way. Her stomach clenched at the thought that something was frightening the poor pokemon - she was old enough to defend herself, but a small pokemon like pikachu clearly would have no chance against a powerful foe. She needed to know more about the situation before she could tell what was really going on, but with this information, she had a few ideas brewing in her mind. "Have you seen any psychic pokemon around the house? Or have there been any visitors around lately, maybe someone coming to buy something from your farm?"

She assumed Tomas lived in a farm because he was taking her so far outside of Marchton, and her assumption was not unfounded. The little cabin looked beautiful with its plants everywhere, and she thought she even spotted a pokemon bed in a window. Clearly this pokemon was very loved - and Tori was hopeful that Smudge would be back in her home soon. Additionally, she saw several happy-looking torchics playing wile a combusken napped nearby. They must be poultry farmers, she thought - and she did think Tomas's home was quite a nice place. "Your home is lovely. These torchics are adorable, do you help take care of them?" With this remark she was trying to be friendly before he led her to the back of the house. After all, he was just a child, and she wanted to make him feel comfortable. Perhaps since he was younger than her - and had even more responsibilities in raising his own pokemon as well as helping with family chores - she was unclear as to whether to address him as a child or a teenager.

Tori followed Tomas around the back of the house as he offered more information. So it had been two days since the pikachu disappeared... Tori knew how much distance someone could get in two days. If Smudge had been poached, it was unlikely she might come back - but then again, Tomas's house was right near a wooded area where there were likely plenty of pikachu for anyone who wanted to catch one. No matter the cause, anyone who would steal a child's pokemon or otherwise harm it was a villain in her book, and she was glad to help. Her taillow was fluttering around the farm, and she called him down to her when he flew over her head. He fluttered around her, tweeting as he went, and Tori tried to assuage Tomas with her orders to the bird. "Taillow, can you please try to look for pikachu in the forest? You can start in the backyard. She'll be wearing a red ribbon and she has stripes." Hopefully that would be enough of a description, because taillow quickly zoomed away and got lost in the trees. Tori felt strange about this, hoping that her pokemon wouldn't get lost just like Smudge. She looked down to Tomas and smiled. "Now that taillow is searching the skies, do you want to look for pikachu on foot? I have a mantyke who could come with me, but she's weak to electric types. It might be better for her to not come out until we're sure it's safe."

However, Tori definitely needed a pokemon to go along with her. She started walking through the forest, under the shadow of the familiar-looking trees, and soon saw what looked like a yellow blur. She lobbed a poke ball at it, trying to get its attention - was it Smudge? - but when the ball stopped rocking, she knew it couldn't have been the pikachu. After all, already-caught pokemon could not be captured in new poke balls. Tori approached the still ball slowly, picking it up gingerly before opening it. A rather scrawny-looking jolteon emerged, pawing around her before diving on her bag and digging for a berry. As soon as he had obtained his food, he looked up at Tori with a potential smile. Clearly anyone who fed him was worthy of following, at least for a short while. "Can I call you Pointy?" Tori asked when she tried to pet the pokemon and instead saw the spikes on his body and didn't do anything. The jolteon looked up at her and sat down next to her. She turned to Tomas and commented, "Well, at least I've got good reflexes," she joked, holding her hand down. She noticed the jolteon sniffing her palm and she turned to Tomas again. "Maybe Pointy here can help us. He seems friendly enough, if a bit skinny. Why don't we try to look for Smudge on foot with Pointy while my taillow scouts in the air?"

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Flight
 Posted: Aug 20 2015, 05:25 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Total Posts: 976
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:
Eryn Norwood, Adelaide Hawksworth, Iuchra Nic Longáin

Awards: 1

{ 0.7 EXP for you. }

To his credit, Tomas didn't blink an eye at Tori's questions, only answered them with a moment of thought. "No, no psychics; we didn' feel anythin' unusual around the house, either. Just Smudge and her, her bein' aggressive, 's the only thin' that was weird." He looked with wide eyes as Tori called down her bird and gave him instructions, and there was a grin on his face, even if it was weak, as he nodded in agreement. "That sounds good!" he said, and there was a note of determination back in his voice -- less on the verge of crying and more courage, bolstered by a stranger who'd said she'd help.

He did chatter on, though, as he led Tori and the newly-named Pointy around the house limits, skirting carefully around the torchics and the single combusken napping in the sun. "I take care of 'em," he confirmed, and there was a note of pride in his voice. "But Charlie don't like new people, y'see, tries to fight anyone that he can, 's where he and Smudge would fight, too. He doesn't try'n fight me, though. I hafta be real careful with 'im otherwise, but he doesn't try'n bite or claw at me."

The named combusken would open an eye to watch them as they passed, but otherwise didn't make a move. He bared his teeth at Tori, though, in a silent challenge, but Tomas made a little shooing gesture at the fire-chicken and it calmed down, somewhat. It still gave Tori and her jolteon the stink-eye as they passed, but it didn't try to outright attack them. "See?" Tomas asked, and that pride in his voice was back again. But with the forest now before them -- they'd gone around the torchics and their rooster to face the trees -- he deflated. "If Smudge really got lost in the forest, then 's not a too-bad thing. She can take care of herself. But Smudge -- she was happy with us. Didn't try and leave or nothin'. I don't understand why she'd leave, 'less she was forced to."

Tomas gave Tori a quick side-look, then a glance up at the sky. It was afternoon, the sun past its mid-day point, but there looked to be enough hours of sunlight left before they'd be left searching in the dark. "Like I said, I think she was stolen. We can try 'nd look in the forest if you think she's in there, though. I'd like to prove to my folks that she's really not just lost if I can." But Tomas didn't try to lead the way, simply left the treeline and forest before them, and let Tori make the decision. She had the taillow and the jolteon, after all.

What would it be? Waste precious time searching a place that the owner of the pikachu doubted that she was in, or lose to the possibility that she was, in fact, in the forest? Tomas shuffled his feet, kicked at the ground a little, and smiled at Tori, whatever she chose.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Iuchra
profile & travels
-
please refer to me with they/them pronouns!

-
user posted image
PCR
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 12:48 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Tori tried to ask Tomas some more probing questions about what could have made his pikachu leave, but all his answers kept turning up negative. There were no psychic pokemon involved, nor was there anything particularly weird around the house lately. She wondered if perhaps he was hiding something to keep someone else safe - but then again, he was asking her for help and had taken her to his home, which people hiding things were not likely to do. She leaned down to give her new pokemon Pointy a pat on the head as Tomas led the pair around the side of the house. She released her taillow, hoping he would find something, but as of yet he hadn't returned.

He was, in fact, flying over the forest. Having never done a scouting mission before, he was feeling quite important and special to have been given a mission to do all by himself, and he could barely keep the pride out of his wings as he soared in great circles around a cluster of trees. He wasn't looking for anything in particular besides the pikachu, but when he noticed a glint of something interesting-looking down below, he dove for it. It might have been a berry or an interestingly colored leaf - he wasn't an experienced scouter, after all - but whatever it was could also be a clue to the pikachu's location. If this wasn't helpful, he might try to interact with some other pokemon in the forest and see if they had any luck - that is, given he could find any pokemon in the forest willing to talk to him.

Tori noticed her taillow diving for something, and briefly wondered what was so interesting to him before Tomas showed her the combusken named Charlie and the flock of little torchics. She noticed how proud he sounded when he said he took care of the little birds, and she gave him a wide smile. "I've never taken care of a torchic before. Is it hard work? They're awfully cute," she noted as a few of them skittered around nearby. The combusken, however, was not nearly as happy to sense her presence. He bared his teeth at her, and the barely not-wild Pointy raised his hackles in a gesture of warning. Tori definitely didn't want to get into a fight with the combusken - after all, an evolved fighting-type was a powerful foe that her pokemon would not be able to handle - plus, she didn't want to offend Tomas by trying to hurt one of the pokemon he took care of, no matter how many glares it sent her way. She tried to smile tentatively at the pokemon, but let out a sigh of relief once she passed the combusken. "Looks like Charlie listens to you really well. You must be a strong trainer to have a combusken listen to you like that," she added, not sure of what else to comment about the combusken. "So he raises the little ones... do a lot of them turn out like him?" she mused aloud, wondering if all the cutely chirping torchics would wind up with foul tempers as well. Fire type pokemon with explosive tempers would be a horrible combination. She hoped the little birds weren't growing up to be like Charlie, though - they were incredibly cute and she almost wanted to pet one. "Do you think they like to be petted?" she asked almost as an afterthought.

As Tori and Tomas turned to face the forest, Tomas gave her another clue. So Smudge wouldn't want to leave and go to the forest, nor would it be an especially bad thing if she had - she could take care of herself, and by the looks of Charlie, a pokemon that Tomas said could take care of itself was likely stronger than average for its species. A strong pokemon that was happy where it was wasn't very likely to leave, even to go to a nearby forest. She sighed, wondering what else she could do. "So we looked along the road coming here... but if someone did take her, they probably wouldn't travel on the roads. They'd be seen too easily. They might want to take a side route or something... One thing's for sure, if Smudge was taken, she'd be fighting back. She'd want to go back to you, and she wouldn't be giving the poacher an easy time. Maybe we have to look for signs of a struggle - or ask anyone if they've seen a struggle. Although, who is there to ask...?" she wondered, until an idea came to her. Why hadn't she thought of this before?

"Hold on, I think I've got something - yes, here it is," she rummaged through her bag until she found a small pinkish-purple pot with a wick coming out of it. She held it out to Tomas. "This is an incense. It'll draw in some pokemon from nearby who could help us. Best thing is, these pokemon will be psychics - and they'll be friendly to us, and they'll talk. All we need is to light the incense and wait." She got a bit closer to a gaggle of torchics and waited for the inevitable. One of them coughed out a small flame and she held out the incense to the patch of singed grass. The wick caught on fire. "Now, we have to wait. And don't worry, I'm not just looking to catch a pokemon and run. I want to help you, and this is the best way I know how. I'm pretty new to this, after all - in the grand scheme of things, I'm about as experienced as one of those torchics." She offered the boy a smile and waited to see what would happen next.

((OOC: Using the Psychic Incense from Casper's profile to get some clues!))

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Flight
 Posted: Aug 28 2015, 09:29 AM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.7 EXP. And technically you can't use the Psychic Incense since it's not in Tori's inventory, but considering what I'm about to do to you... well. }

Taillow swooped down, but would find that what had caught his attention in the forest was, in fact, a meowth's forehead. It hissed at him, all slighted anger and feline fury, and scurried back up the tree that he'd been in. The flying-type would be left alone in the clearing, save for the curious combee and joltik that were scurrying around. None of them would be particularly helpful, either, not having heard of a pikachu in the forest recently or if they had, was a long-known friend or acquaintance that was born and bred of the forest.

He'd be interrupted, though, by a psychic wave that crashed against them as if it had been born of the sea -- it wasn't strong, though, most likely an aftershock of a psychic attack somewhere, and pokemon around Taillow would right themselves on their perches or branches without a problem.

"They actually do!" Tomas smiled widely, happy to take a moment out of his worry to take pride in his handling of the torchics and single combusken. "The little ones get skittish really easily, and Charlie don' really like new people doin' it, but they like scritches on the head 'nd fluffin' up their feathers." He paused to pad a little closer to the henhouse, crouching down when he was just near enough to touch one, and held out a single hand. One of the more enthusiastic torchics didn't waste any time to come under it and demand pets. Tomas entertained it for just a moment -- to prove his words to Tori, most likely, but his posture did loosen up a bit, as if even demonstrating something he did often calmed him down -- but got up quickly enough to talk to Tori again, the wide smile still on his face.

He did snicker, though. "Nah, Charlie's -- wassit, the word Ma keeps usin' -- right, u-ni-que. One-o'-a-kind." The pronunciation was syllable-by-syllable, but Tori would be able to understand him without difficulty, and Tomas shifted as Charlie swiveled his head around to look at them both. "Er..."

When Tori pulled out the Incense Tomas leaned forward, a bit, hands tucked behind his back but curious all the same. He stood back and let Tori light the wick with the fire that one of his torchics spat out, Charlie peering down at them from the roof of the henhouse, sharp eyes on Tori. The boy tilted his head a bit, and his expression looked thoughtful. "Ya know, tha' looks like onea those candles that Grandma lights," he mused, and he looked at Tori questioningly. "Do ya really think that they'll be friendly? It'd help so much if they've seen Smudge --"

Tori would have time to answer Tomas' questions and commentary, but only for a few moments while the Incense did its work. The air was quickly filled with a pungent scent, and the mild breeze of summer currently blowing through Marchton only helped to spread it.

It didn't take long, and the psychics' arrival was punctuated by Tori flying backwards through the air, missing the henhouse by a mere half-foot and skidding for several inches on the grass. Her pokemon would be pushed back too, having no immunity to the sudden supernatural force, and would scatter from Tori's side into the grass.

MINE! The voice screeched in the air, and if Tori could see him, Tomas was covering his ears and bending over. The sudden voice would ring in Tori's own, sending stabs of pain through her head, but that wasn't the sound of a psychic on a pure mind-to-mind connection. The voice had sounded like it had come from outside of her own head.

When Tori struggled back up, short of breath and her back hurting -- no armor meant that she'd had to take the force of her own weight hurtling to the ground entirely -- she'd be able to see the culprit. It was an espeon, eyes glowing, the red gem between its eyes a miniature sun, and it was crouched over the Incense, back curved and its split-tail lashing through the air. It spared a moment to make sure no one would move against it -- Tomas wouldn't, too busy herding the torchic back into the henhouse, Charlie a hissing presence by his side -- and it'd glare at Tori, too. Mine. Mine, mine, mine, MINE!

Behind it, there was a yellow-and-tan figure, along with a gray-and-pink one, The two of them were circling the espeon, who hissed at them both venomously. None of the three seemed particularly friendly, and none would turn to address Tori nor Tomas, nor the combusken still by his side in a defensive stance.

I was here first!

No you weren't, I was!

I was here, thank you very much, said the same voice that had laid claim to the Incense so violently, And I dare you both to try and take it from --

There was another psychic backlash, from both raw power and their movepools, and Tomas flinched down from where he was attempting to sneak around to where Tori and her pokemon had fallen, Charlie glaring at his heels. They went unnoticed by the psychics currently fighting over the Incense, and Tomas gave Tori a frightened look as he continued on his perilous way towards her.

This had gone splendidly.

As It Is:
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/196espeon.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/96drowzee.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/325spoink.png
Lv. ??? / Lv. ??? / Lv. ???
- fighting over the Incense

Tomas
- has evacuated all the torchics into the henhouse
- is sneaking around to where Tori is, trying not to be seen by the fighting psychics

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/256combusken.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif Lv. ??? (Charlie) - Ally (?)
- on Tomas' heels
- Not Happy ™; you just ruined his day

Tori & Co.
- flung backwards from the Incense by a strong psychic shove
- flew through the air and hit the ground, skidded
- Tori has no armor; there are skid burns on legs, arms, back
- will have trouble breathing for a while; has bruised ribs

- (1) Psychic Type-Attracting Incense from Casper's profile

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Iuchra
profile & travels
-

-
user posted image
PCR
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 28 2015, 07:17 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Tomas continued to happily chatter about the torchics as they wandered around his farm, explaining to Tori that they did indeed like getting petted. True to Tomas's word, an exuberant little torchic hopped over when he reached out his hand, and he gave it a few scratches on top of its head. Tori wondered what a torchic might feel like to pet, but didn't want to waste precious time petting torchics. Perhaps she could take some time to interact with the pokemon after Smudge was home safely. "They're awfully cute," she said eventually, although her curiosity about the fire types would not be sated until she could tell whether they felt more fuzzy, furry, or feathery. Now that she was out in the world, she had to admit she was curious about all the pokemon she couldn't have found in the forest where she had lived.

Since Tomas didn't seem to want to ask any adults nearby (if there were any adults nearby) about Smudge, so Tori only saw one alternative: using the psychic incense she had discovered in Anaia's bag. She lit the wick as she listened to Tomas. He seemed to be on board with her plan, and she tried to answer him confidently although she herself wasn't very sure of her own answer. "Hopefully they'll be friendly. After all, they have no reason to be mean," she said with a smile.

Oh, how wrong she was.

The next thing she knew, she was on her back. Her legs and arms were stinging from what felt like scrapes that oozed blood into the ground beneath her. She tried to take a breath and felt a sharp pain radiating up both sides of her ribcage. She'd never been injured like this before, but she was willing to bet she'd broken something, or at least sprained it badly from the amount of pain she felt upon each breath. She tried to draw shallow little breaths to minimize the pain, but she couldn't do that for too long if she wanted to stay conscious. She forced herself to draw a deeper breath and gasped, letting out a spluttering cough as a loud shout of MINE! echoed through her head. Trying to use her elbows to support herself, she managed to get a glimpse of a few pokemon fighting over the lit incense. So much for the idea of peaceful psychics willing to help out.

The shout was followed by several more shouts of MINE!, as if the speaker (the ringleader - a rather aggressive looking espeon), couldn't assert its "right" to the incense clearly enough. Two other voices - Tori assumed these must be the drowzee and the spoink nearby, but she couldn't tell the difference between them. After all, she'd never spoken to a psychic pokemon before, nor did she know how to differentiate between the voices of psychic pokemon she had never met before. Upon hearing their words, the espeon revealed its ability to speak more than just MINE! - and promptly followed up with another explosion. Tori coughed as she spat out a mouthful of dirt, finding her mouth quite dry and its taste unpalatable.

Clearly something had to be done, but first Tori had to assess the situation. Tomas was still standing, although he looked quite frightened, and Charlie the combusken stood near him with a sour expression on his face. Clearly he was not happy, but he wasn't taking sides quite yet. After all, the combusken had a mind of his own - certainly u-ni-que as Tomas had said earlier. With a flash of surprise, she noticed the boy was moving. Tomas was sneaking closer and closer, and Tori hissed at him with all the breath power she could muster, "Back... away... let me..." Exactly what she meant was obscured by the noise of Pointy the jolteon finally getting back to his feet.

The two psychic blasts had clearly hurt him, but he was still able to stand - and quite angry. His pointy spikes prickled with electricity as he contemplated what to do. He didn't have much time before he saw the taillow returning from the forest. Although he had been startled by the blasts, the resolute flying type had continued making his way towards his trainer, and as he approached he started beating his wings faster to get there faster. He took one look at Tori on the ground and then spied the espeon and the two other psychic pokemon squabbling. Clearly this was a job for him - or at least, he thought so. He sent a brief protecting wave towards Tori, a veritable shield to protect her from whatever mischief he had planned - before beating his wings. Tori was confused by this - he wasn't exactly moving, but he was beating his wings awfully fast for such a little taillow and he looked like he was trying to do something and -

Pointy barely had enough time to throw up a Detect around himself before the boomburst echoed through the farm. Although neither Tori nor Pointy were hurt by the attack, their ears ached from being so close to the burst. Taillow, meanwhile, hoped he had at least distracted the psychic types, and at most dealt some damage to help Tori defeat them. This was what partner pokemon did, right? They battled! He puffed out his chest in pride, flying around in a small circle in celebration. Pointy, however, was not nearly so thrilled, and growled at taillow as he approached the psychic pokemon. He sent out a wave of electricity aimed at the espeon, trying to get it to stop moving. Clearly it was the biggest threat, and if it could be immobilized, that would certainly help.

Tori watched her pokemon battle with pride, trying to draw in more breath to get out a raspy statement to the psychics... if they would listen. "You can... share it," she croaked, finding her breath was still coming slowly and painfully. "Have you... seen a... pikachu? Striped one... lost near here... I'm Tori... won't hurt you," she assured the pokemon on her own behalf, although she wasn't strong enough to ensure that her pokemon wouldn't hurt the psychic trio any more. For now, Pointy and Taillow stood at a standstill, waiting to see how the psychics would react.

---------------

Tori
Condition: Scrapes, bruised ribs
- On the ground, trying to catch her breath
- Talking tentatively to the psychic pokemon

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/276tailow.png
Taillow
Condition: Fine
- Flew back from the forest to Tomas's farm
- Used Protect on Tori
- Used Boomburst on the area around the incense

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/135jolteon.png
Pointy
Condition: Hurt from the two psychic blasts, but still standing
- Used Detect on himself to protect from Taillow's attack
- Using Thunder Wave on the espeon

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Flight
 Posted: Aug 31 2015, 09:00 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.6 EXP for last post. }

Charlie took Tori's warning hiss to heart and attempted to drag back Tomas, who flinched away from the handler and her pokemon. It was just in time, too, for Taillow had come back from his scouting to attempt to resolve the situation.

And attempt it was, for however hard the flying-type tried Protect was not meant to be cast over another -- its very nature was to protect the user. As such, the Boomburst that the young bird beat with his wings affected all in the area, save for Pointy who had at least managed to Detect it in time -- the psychics as the intended target, but also Tomas, Charlie, and Tori herself.

The last would find her ears ringing, all sound muted as though her ears were stuffed with cotton wool. Nausea and dizziness would strike a mere moment later, the ground lurching beneath her feet as though it was the deck of a ship instead of being several miles inland. Staying on the ground and abandoning all attempts to stand would seem like a good idea, right about now.

Tomas, for his part, collapsed to his knees, hands clapped to his ears in an ineffective attempt to save his hearing. The combusken by his side fared on better, and bared his fangs on the taillow who had caused such harm on them all. Perhaps this error could be attributed to the bird's youth; and if he had anything other than fire's temper running in his veins and a fighting-type's pride, perhaps still he could have excused this mistake.

But he could not, and in his anger wisps of flame burned into existence beside him, sapphire-blue and bright. All five of them hurtled toward Taillow, but in Charlie's nausea only two made contact, the rest whizzing past harmlessly past his feathers. Still, those two would be enough, and the flying-type would feel the pain settling, first sharp, then growing into a dull throb that came with Burns.

Warned by the Boomburst that rattled in their ears but still affected the pokemon's handler worst of all, the three psychics turned towards the humans and their pokemon. Espeon let the Thunder Wave hit it, its form taking a shimmering, crystalline shine to it, before the bolt of electricity rebounded back in Pointy's direction -- the effects of Magic Bounce, if Tori were familiar with it. The psychic-type stood unharmed in the aftermath of the attack, purple eyes narrowed and split-tails lashing in the air behind it.

It still hadn't let go of the psychic incense, now held in the air in a feat of telekinesis. The gem between its eyes glowed a bright red.

There was a moment, where the psychics let Tori's words hang in the air and fade, gradually, as if they were incense smoke themselves, before they deigned to respond. And why should I care about what you seek? was the first question, genuinely curious. It wasn't apparent who was speaking, as the voices made no attempt to distinguish themselves, but drozee tilted its head even as spoink's eyes flicked from Tori to her pokemon to Tomas, who was still on the grassy ground, now, eyes stricken-wide and staring at the psychics, Charlie kneeling by his side and the orange feathers at the back of his head spread. I don't know your pikachu, and I don't know you. I have no reason to care.

The next was far less diplomatic, precluded by a snort and then: "Won't hurt us," you say? The words were sharp, barbed, hurled like arrows from a bow. Lie. Your bird just tried to blow out our ears with a Boomburst, and your yellow cat-dog tried to electrocute us afterward.

Espeon didn't speak, merely narrowed its eyes, and suddenly Tori would find it hard to breathe, the very air becoming heavy. Tomas started coughing from where he was, and even Combusken would have trouble standing up. Tori's own pokemon would fare no better; Taillow staggered where he flew, having to abandon the idea of staying airborne for now, while Pointy would find himself being pushed against the ground.

One heartbeat passed. Then two, and three, and then Tori and her pokemon would find that they could breathe again. It was a warning, at the very least, that it was no light thing to trifle with psychics. Espeon's eyes flashed, once. I will not share, it declared, quietly. Nor will I trust the word of a human, now broken.

The three psychics started to turn away, even now starting to fight about who would keep the psychic incense, citing its curious nature for reason to keep it. It seemed as if they were united, at least, in that the humans and their pokemon were no longer worth their strength nor time. If Tori wished to make amends, she would have to do it now.

You Really Shouldn't Have Done That

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Iuchra
profile & travels
-

-
user posted image
PCR
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Sep 5 2015, 09:26 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Tori thought she was getting somewhere... but then a giant explosion rocked the world again. She collapsed once again, finding that in addition to the way her lungs were screaming when she breathed, she also struggled to hear anything. She opened one eye tentatively and quickly closed it, finding that the accompanying nausea from this wave was enough to nearly make her vomit just from the way the whole world seemed to be spinning and lurching. She let out a hoarse cough, hoping that the nausea would fade if she just stayed completely still, making no moves and letting it ride out.

But she couldn't, for several reasons. Tomas was there, somewhere... she hoped he wasn't hurt, praying that he took her warning into consideration and got himself to a safe area. She wanted so badly to pick up her head and look for him, but she found that the effort of lifting her neck was too much at the moment. Instead she stayed on the ground and listened, just listened, for a few moments. She didn't hear a human scream, but she did hear a rather loud exclamation from her taillow. Surely he must have been attacked in retaliation - but he completely wasn't expecting the retaliatory attack to come from a pokemon he thought was his ally. He chirped loudly at Charlie, but didn't seek to know more about why he was attacked. He was more concerned with the fact that his feathers felt like they were on fire - and his trainer was on the ground with no indication as to whether or not she was alive.

Pointy also wished to investigate this curiosity. His bounced-back attack was making him feel just that little bit stronger, but it was enough to make him want to take a little more charge in the situation. He looked around to try to find the boy Tori was helping, gave an odd look in taillow's direction, and finally padded over to where Tori lay. He sat down and then flopped on the ground next to her, sniffing her face with his wet nose brimming with sparks.

"Pointy..." Tori said softly, and both the taillow and jolteon were relieved. Their trainer was alive, if only just, and she tried once again to open her eyes. The comforting presence of the jolteon behind her, a combination of body heat and static, made her smile slightly. She opened her eyes to slits, trying to ignore the way her breath still caught in her throat and her vision swam. Almost immediately after she managed to get her eyes halfway open without vomiting, she heard a voice inside her head, admonishing her. The voice clearly belonged to one of the psychics, and it claimed that it didn't know her and thus had no reason to care. Then another voice snorted and called her out as a liar. She was about to try to clarify what she had meant... before the very air seemed to leave her body.

Her ribs were already hurting, so the sudden lack of air that made her body involuntarily spasm in the effort to get air. She groaned in pain and found that she couldn't even find air to make noise with. She gasped like a drowning woman, hands clawing at the ground. She felt Pointy whimper beside her and taillow's body sank to the ground beside her, writhing in the effort to gain air.

And as quickly as it started, it stopped. Taillow picked up his head warily and decided to hide behind Tori for the moment, letting out a brief cheep to let her know he was alive. Pointy stayed by her side but let out a loud sigh, and Tori gasped as her lungs finally expanded with air and pressed against her bruised ribs. Clearly this situation had escalated, and it was all her fault. Her pokemon had indeed attacked the psychics, even though they hadn't been ordered to do so, and in getting injured she was jeopardizing the mission to find Tomas's pikachu. That was what she was here for, she reminded herself - and she conjured the image of the crying boy in her head. She opened her eyes and clawed to her elbows, the rest of her body still resting flat on the ground next to Pointy. It was clear that she would need to explain, and although she would be in pain from the effort of speaking, she would likely be in far more pain if the psychic pokemon attacked her again. She would take her chances - because she would need every ally she could muster.

"Please," she said, astonished at how croaky her voice sounded to her own ears. She wasn't sure if it was from the ear damage or her lungs, but she most certainly didn't sound like herself. "I'm so... so sorry. Never meant to hurt you. I'm Tori... only here to help Tomas... the boy... find his pikachu. Its name is... Smudge, has stripes," she choked out before remembering that the pokemon hadn't really cared about the pikachu. "You doubt my word... I was lied to... my whole life... never heard truth... until this past week... you can see in my head..." She tried to conjure the memories of the woman she thought was her mother setting the nidorina - no, the nidoqueen - on her true mother, her own cowardice in leaving as her mother was likely torn to pieces. Her father's indifference as he stood separate, not taking any responsibility for his own mistakes. She never wanted to be like him.

"My father... a coward, I said... I'd never be like..." She tried to sound as sincere as possible even though she felt like her entire body was on fire. "Trying to... get better as... a person. Learning to... trust again..." Here was the part that mattered. Everything she had said up to this point was leading up to the sad truth at the center of the situation. "I'm wounded... might not make it," said the scared girl who had never been injured like this before. Pointy whimpered. "But I... I trust you... you mean well... just defending yourselves... I hope you can... trust me... I can't hurt you... even if I wanted," she said, and if the psychics chose to probe into her head again they would see her guilt and shame at the fact that they thought she was a liar who wanted to hurt them.

Taillow tweeted a brief apology towards the psychics, almost too afraid to speak. He too was in pain and wondering what would happen next, and Pointy leaned in closer to protect Tori in case protection was needed. They both listened carefully to hear if the psychics would say anything.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Flight
 Posted: Sep 10 2015, 08:25 PM
| Quote |

judge of the stables
Admin
Member No. 1433
Joined on 30-January 14.

Characters:

{ 0.7 EXP for you. }

None of the three psychics seemed to have noticed, or even care that Tori was attempting to explain herself to them -- at least, not at first. It was a moment after the young girl had finished speaking, the taillow giving his apology, that there was a reaction -- the spoink turned to the drowzee, head tilted in silent communication. If they were speaking then it was through a private link, without broadcasting words, but Tori and her pokemon would find it easy enough to generally understand what was going on: the drowzee paused mid-step, turned to look at the spoink with a snap of its neck, and then started gesturing towards the humans' side of the group wildly. Espeon, throughout it all, merely paused in his walk, tail lashing silently behind him.

For his part, Tomas was trying to calm down a combusken with a temper worth its partial-typing; Charlie had narrowed his eyes at Tori's Taillow, claws working the air beside him. He didn't seem to be worried about his child caretaker, as there was more anger in his movement than worry, and when Taillow looked his way he bared his teeth. He would not forget the Boomburst that had affected them all any time soon.

Then, Enough, and this time it was audible to everyone's' ears. The espeon drew himself up higher. You will get no sympathy from me, he said bluntly, and cast his eyes towards Tori. And you might not hurt me, but your pokemon very much will -- and can, I'm sure.

A glare at Pointy and Taillow and Charlie, alike. The psychic incense bobbed in the air from which it still hung, like a Will-O-Wisp in contained form, if it attracted psychics like fire did bug-types. But I cannot speak for either of these two. Good luck, were the last two words, and there were shades of sarcasm in it, before the espeon turned fully to leave.

The spoink was next, bouncing idly on its spring-tail as it spoke. If you think I'll be here when your head is still a mess, it said sharply, Then you need to get it checked. It, too, turned away.

That left only the last psychic, and though he was still on the ground and his eyes would not meet Tori's, even Tomas looked hopeful. The drowzee in question glanced between the boy and Tori and the various pokemon near them, looked back to the departing two psychics, and sighed. Tilted its head. You had better make it worth my time, it said.

But it stayed, and a sound of disbelief slipped out of Tomas' mouth before he clapped a hand to it, eyes startled. Drowzee followed the movement, licked its lips, before turning back to Tori. And in this, we will be partners, you understand? No trying to make me do all the work. Lazy humans.

The drowzee turned away with a mental tsk. It seemed as if, for now, the drowzee would stay and help -- but how much it would help, and even how effectively it would, was all up to Tori.

From where he lay, Tomas coughed, Charlie grudingly helping him up by slinging an arm over a feathered shoulder. "We 'ave some medicines at 'ome," he said, quietly, and his voice was raspy. He was still refusing to meet Tori's eyes. "If ye need any o'em. I mean. Ye might 'ave soma your own, but 's always nice ta have extra, right?"

Tori's profile has been edited to reflect her and her pokemons' injuries.

--------------------
Eryn
profile & travels
Addie
profile & travels
Iuchra
profile & travels
-

-
user posted image
PCR
| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Sep 25 2015, 10:28 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Tori knew the espeon would leave. Its personality was simply too volatile and it had no way of getting what it wanted if it had to negotiate. No, it would simply take what it wanted, leaving everyone else behind. Tori shuddered at the thought of such a pokemon being an ally; she wanted nothing to do with it. Even though it was powerful, she wasn't exactly sad when it left. Nor was she particularly peeved when the spoink insulted her and then left; she didn't quite know how to answer it back and her head was confused enough without having to worry about this too. And all that left was the drowzee.

He seemed cooperative, at least for the moment. That was all she could hope for, and although she didn't know much about drowzees in general, she had felt the power of the three psychics' attacks and assumed that at least part of it must have been the force of the drowzee's mind. But he also had an element the other pokemon lacked - patience. She would have to play her cards well, but it looked like she had just gained the ally she had sought.

She picked her head up again, forcing herself to swallow a few times so she could speak clearly. She wanted to speak out loud even though the drowzee likely understood what she was saying in her head, mostly out of respect to Tomas. She wasn't going to leave him out of the conversation, kid or not. "Thank you... I am indebted to you," she began, offering the drowzee a small smile. Pointy looked up from his vantage point on the ground and let out a short yip intended to let the drowzee know he was welcome. "I'm so glad you've decided to stay... I feel funny calling you drowzee... is there something you'd like me to call you?" As an ally, she believed he should be called by whatever he preferred rather than a term denoting his species. He was not all drowzees, after all, just one helpful one.

She tried to work her way up from the ground, starting by getting to her knees. Her head was still ringing and she felt like there was something still stuck in her ears. She shook her head a bit but quickly regretted the movement. Belatedly, she heard Tomas's voice, and she tried to open her eyes to look at him. Swaying slightly, she managed to keep her eyes open for several moments before she pulled herself to her feet, unsteady and wobbly but still standing. She crept over towards the farmhouse, taking things one step at a time, and reached out to steady her balance on one of the walls. Now she could concentrate.

"I'm so sorry, Tomas" was the first thing she said, and she truly meant it. Tomas had come to her wanting help and all she had done so far was make things worse, and she didn't even know how injured he was. When he offered medicine, though, she could have wept with relief. "Take the medicine you need... for yourself first," she said slowly. "I can pay you for some of what's left. Don't... worry about me, we should worry... about Smudge." She gave Tomas a small smile even though she wasn't sure if he was even looking at her.

She turned to drowzee next. "Smudge is the pikachu's name... I came here to help Tomas find his pikachu... he believes she was stolen. She has distinctive patterns... there's a drawing," she said, before remembering that the drowzee was probably reading her mind. She thought about the picture as hard as she could. "I thought to search the... forest first, but Tomas said... he doesn't think she's there. I don't know where else... to look right now... but I can try to think of some places... while Tomas gets healed." She hoped there would be enough medicine for her too, but even if there wasn't, she would try to push through. She wasn't bleeding and although she was unsteady on her feet, she could use her taillow for most movements if he got his burn healed. But none of her berries were the right type...

"Taillow," she called, and he came over to the best of his ability, resting atop Pointy's head to avoid the sharp spikes on his back. Pointy looked a bit unsteady but he too was standing, and he didn't look angry to have a taillow on his head. "That burn... can be fixed with a... berry," she said, wishing that she had the right one. "Maybe Tomas has one. I think it's a... Rawst?" She tried to remember the taste of the little blue berries that her false-mother had told her would work on burns. "There might be some... around here," she gestured towards the forest in general.

Returning her attention to the drowzee to ensure that he would stay with her, she added, "Thank you again... I can do the work, I just need... to know where to look. I can try... to think of places while I... go with Tomas to get medicine," she said, hoping the boy would allow her to follow him. She hoped this mistake wouldn't cost her this job, but at least it was enough to know he could still stand and was still safe. With a wobbly gait, she started walking towards him, filling in the drowzee with a variety of details - everything she knew about the mission, even though it wasn't much - in her mind. The speaking was getting to be quite exhausting.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
CounterHex
 Posted: Sep 29 2015, 12:04 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Banned
Total Posts: 253
Member No. 2018
Joined on 30-June 15.

Characters:
Dijkstra Pines, Kala Quince

Awards: None

+0.7 EXP

Drowzee is fine, because I quite frankly don’t care much to know yours, little human. The psychic pokemon absorbed any information Tori offered. It casually probed the other young one’s mind. A powerful image of Pikachu was imbued with several emotions, most of all worry, hurt, and love. Drowzee snuffled and tutted to themselves, too honest, as they pulled away to process the retrieved information.

Tomas shuffled slowly to the house. He was wobbly-kneed and aching. Charlie refrained from glaring at both Tori and her taillow only because he was busy preening his ruffled feathers. Once satisfied, Charlie caught up to the small boy and proceeded to loop one limp arm around their feathered shoulder to ease the boy’s pain. Tomas pushed the unlocked door and both human and combusken disappeared into the home.

Tori was free to follow Tomas and if she did, the boy would mutter in a raspy voice,
“If ye need ta rest, sit here.” He would point to a varnished wooden bench at the entrance of their mud room. If Tori chose to catch a breather, she would be directly across from neatly lined boots and coats that hung on a wire rack. A red ribbon escaped the confines of a wool coat pocket. It was probably the same type of fabric that was tied to Smudge’s bed basket. There was nothing out of the ordinary. Tori could re-collect her thoughts, maybe conjure up news ideas as to where Smudge might be.

Meanwhile, Tomas rummaged through the medicine cabinet upstairs. Charlie kept a watchful eye on the boy as he leaned against the door frame. He retrieved vials of potions and made his way back downstairs. The kitchen was where they stored rawst berries and other medicinal herbs. Raising torchics for years meant that every now and then an accident would occur. Acquiring minor burns was just part of the job so they always had some on site to quickly address any pain.

If Tori was seated on the bench, looking down the corridor she would be able to see a bare window, not lined or protected by glass. A spearow landed on the sill. It hopped along the edge closer to the table and pecked at a glass jar filled with preserved fruits. Its left wing, normally a solid russet colour was stained black near the tipped ends. Footsteps could be heard on the staircase and spearow promptly ignored the glass jar. It tilted its head and hopped to the edge of the table. The crinkle of reed parchment could be heard as it stepped on some note left by the family.

Tomas returned to the foot of the steps with the help of Charlie. The spearow must have recognized the young boy because a cacophonous chirp erupted from its beak.

“Benny.” Tomas headed for the kitchen, while Charlie followed. The boy’s return meant that Tori could join him in the kitchen if she wished. “He belongs ta tha’ neighbours. Tha’ symbol is theirs – black stripes all neat and such.”

Tomas petted the bird and grabbed the jar where they kept their berries. He offered one in his palm and spearow happily gobbled the juicy bit of fruit up. He took two more rawst berries for Tori and brought Benny outside with the rest of them. While they applied medicines to their injuries, Drowzee began to probe the spearow’s mind. Tori could feel the pressure of psychic power gloss over her thoughts, this bird has seen a Pikachu. It was without a ribbon I’m afraid. It might not be Smudge, but it is the only lead we have unless you have found something of interest?

If Tori had any ideas this was her best chance of voicing her opinions before they picked a location to explore. While, Benny’s spotting of a Pikachu might be a false lead it was the only tangible evidence they had. It seemed at any rate they were grasping at straws.

If it matters. The Pikachu was in the forest and stuffed into a burlap sack. The figure in question is hidden by the canopy. From spearow’s memory it seems the location just fell short of a winding creek. A pillar rock formation seems to be the only landmark nearby – to the right and above the river. Ask the boy if he knows of it.
---

Added (2) rawst berries to Tori's inventory.
Tori leveled up!

Taillow reached lvl 9!
Mantyke reached lvl 7! Learned Bubblebeam
Jolteon reached lvl 20! Learned Thunder Fang
Corphish reached lvl 11! Learned Leer

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Oct 1 2015, 07:38 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Head Moderator
Member No. 1923

Characters:

Tori was more than slightly taken aback by drowzee's remark that it didn't want to know her name, but then again, she could definitely tell it wasn't staying because of affection or anything of the sort. It may have been a temporary ally, but it would take Tori a long time to become its friend, if it was even willing. For now, she decided to concentrate on getting herself and her pokemon ready for the mission, although if more opportunities came up to talk to drowzee, she would put effort into making sure it knew she didn't want to take advantage of it.

Instead of staying outside, Tori peeled herself off the wall of the house to follow Tomas's slow gait. She winced every time she took a step, but she felt even worse that Tomas was having trouble walking. She could see his legs wobbling and she noticed how protective the combusken was being over him - clearly she had underestimated their friendship before. She hadn't thought the combusken would put up with helping him if he was injured, but now she knew just how deep their bond went. She was glad Tomas trusted someone, at least, to help him walk. She was too wobbly to be of much assistance - and was quite grateful when Tomas offered her a place to sit. She sank down not-so-gracefully and heaved a sigh of relief when she felt something solid underneath her. "Thanks..." she said, noticing with relief that Pointy plopped down next to her and taillow had made it to her with a small chirp.

As Tori took some time to catch her breath and adjust to the pounding in her head, she noticed a new pokemon enter the room through the window. It was a spearow, although it didn't look like a normal spearow. The ends of its feathers were dyed black, but it didn't seem to mind. She noticed it starting to peck at some dried fruit; Tori nearly said something before the bird left the fruit alone upon hearing footsteps on the stairs. When Tomas came back, he noticed the spearow and told Tori his name was Benny and he came from the neighbors. "That's... good, hi Benny," Tori said slowly, hoping she would come across well to the new pokemon even though she was not in the best condition herself.

She was so relieved when Tomas came down with medication that she almost didn't notice what he brought. She followed him outside and when she saw the glint of light blue, she raised a hand to take one - no, he gave her two - of the berries. She pocketed one for future needs and offered the other one to taillow. "This should help," she said, and he landed on her wrist as quickly as he could. He pecked at the berry until he broke the skin and eagerly lapped up the bits of juice from Tori's hand. He could feel the pain radiating away, and when he was done chewing, he flapped both his wings enthusiastically.

"Thank you... Tomas... it looks like he's feeling... better," Tori said, wishing she could speak faster, but simply not feeling strong enough. She would also take any remedy for people that Tomas would offer, in the effort to keep herself strong during the mission to find his pikachu. Even though he wasn't an actual healer, she hoped he had something for headaches, at the very least. She could solve the other problems later, but this pounding in her head was not going away. After dealing with the medicine, she turned to watch taillow again as he flew in small circles close to the ground, testing out his newly healed wings.

As she watched the bird, she was surprised to feel drowzee's presence in her head again. Benny, she learned, had seen a pikachu, although it didn't have a ribbon. It was in a burlap bag by a somewhat distinguishable landmark that she could ask Tomas about. But first she had to answer drowzee - did she have any other ideas?

Sheepishly, she acknowledged that most of her ideas were not exactly the best. She was most certainly willing to help with the process of brainstorming, but at the same time, her last idea was so disastrous that it had actually caused physical harm to Tomas. She was wary of coming up with anything else right now; perhaps it might be better to trust drowzee for the moment. At the very least, they could try to find this pikachu; even if it wasn't Smudge, Tori wanted to help the little electric type. She felt bad that it was trapped and knew that no pokemon wanted to be restrained like that. I will try to find the pikachu. Thank you for your assistance. she thought, hoping drowzee would read her mind.

Then she turned to Tomas. "Drowzee told me... something interesting," she started, hoping to get his attention. She tried to raise her voice just a bit, but found it creaked dreadfully. "Drowzee said Benny... saw a pikachu... in a sack, a... burlap sack... he said... by the... pillar rocks near... the creek," she croaked. "Do you know... where that is?" Then she remembered the other piece of information; she knew she wanted to be honest with Tomas. "He didn't see... a ribbon, but I... think it... sounds suspicious... what do you think?" She wanted to make Tomas feel like he was part of the decision, even though she had completely decided that she would try to self-medicate and then try to find the pikachu. She wouldn't leave it to its fate.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
CounterHex
 Posted: Oct 9 2015, 03:26 PM
| Quote |

Senior Handler
Banned
Total Posts: 253
Member No. 2018
Joined on 30-June 15.

Characters:
Dijkstra Pines, Kala Quince

Awards: None

+0.7EXP

Tomas gave Tori a normal potion. Tomas and combusken already took their own. The younger boy gave an impassive grin. Although, most of his grievous injuries were addressed, his legs were still weak. With a great deal of rest, Tomas would feel more like himself. Unfortunately, rawst berries and potions were all he could offer.

When Tori probed about the specific landmark and the kidnapped pikachu his face visibly brightened,
“Maybe it’s Smudge! Maybe it isn’t, but we gotta try. Follow down this path into tha’ forest. At one point it’ll curve to tha’ right, but step offa tha’ path and go left instead and y’all will find tha’ river.” Tomas’s brighter appearance deflated in the next minute. He must have remembered something important to present furrowed brows and nervous hands that played with the ends of his tunic.

“Grandma says I’m notta’lowed’ there. Tori, you’ll have ta’ go yerself. Charlie? Benny?”

Charlie chirped. The glare he buried while aiding Tomas back to the house returned with full force. His yellow and orange feathers flared, finding the request offensive. If Tomas wasn’t going then why should he? Tori reeked of trouble. It seems combusken hasn’t forgiven Tori yet. The bird pokemon made his way back to the gated coop and perched on the roof. He leaned back to rest his back on the shingled surface with his legs crossed and arms behind to cushion its head.

Benny glanced at Tori’s flying taillow and hopped along the grass. It spread its black stained wings and took off. The opportunistic spearow didn’t have much purpose staying there. Tomas wasn’t offering sweeter berry treats so Benny decided to fly home. Tomas struggled to find a solution. He really did want to aid Tori in the few avenues that could partake in, but he wasn’t going to oppose his elder’s wishes.

It seems that Tori, her pokemon and Drowzee would have to find the place themselves. He only hoped his instructions were adequate enough. Drowzee waited patiently as the young boy came to terms with their situation. The Hypnosis pokemon could be kind when it wished. Scanning Tomas’s mind once more drowzee catalogued the necessary geographic locations that complemented the boy’s directions. They needn’t worry about getting lost.

The drowzee proceeded to lead their party and strode ahead. It was the onset of autumn, which carried the residual warmth of summer. But if they stayed out longer into the evening an obvious temperature drop could affect their mobility. If Tori applied any healing potions to herself it would ease the throbbing pain of her skid burns. However, even though the marked location was a mile away, any hard exertion would affect her healing capabilities negatively. She would have to pace herself accordingly or risk another injury.
-
While they made their journey, a woman astride a stoutland adhered to a lazy gait towards the curved road, following the path on the right. The woman was heavily armoured. Metal plates on her shoulders and around her hips were attached to flexible leather. A steel shield was draped behind her back, the emblem covered by her tousled auburn hair. A sheathed short sword was along her left hip. Tori’s party would intersect with the woman and her stoutland. She pulled on the reigns to stall her mount. The stoutland grumbled. His sniffling raising his moustache with each breath. She dismounted, her metal heels clicking on the earthen path.

“Along here was it?” She looked around and rested her back on a sturdy tree trunk. She retrieved her pokecard and pulled up the map. “We’re close! I know it. I just have to – confirm it. Those rats won’t get away from me!”

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/256combusken.png
Not aiding Tori

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/21spearow.png
Flew back to its compound

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/96drowzee.png
Leading the path

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/BWPokemon/508.png
Woman astride a stoutland is checking her map at the curved road.

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| Options |Pages: (3) 1 2 3  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.