Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 90
Ml: 45 - Fml: 44 - Oth: 1
OR - 13 | R - 16 | H - 40 | G - 21

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Summer

The onset of the Summer season has led to a swarming of Fire-, Electric-, and Bug-types, overtaking most populations in the Region. In their place, Water- and Grass-types have retreated to the shade and to cooler areas, while Ice-types have all but vanished. The rising temperatures has also led to the annual thaw of the infamously cold Istin City, though it remains the coldest.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Gareth Molloy's Travels, ExiledJedi
ExiledJedi
 Posted: Aug 8 2016, 11:01 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Total Posts: 15
Member No. 2223
Joined on 2-June 16.

Characters:
Gareth Molloy

Awards: None

[No problem! Not every post can have a guy jumping out of a bush in it.]
[Egg Count: 11]

‘Former many things? But all I need to know is that he’s a former Guardian? Most definitely a shared history here, but Kara doesn’t seem to wanna talk ‘bout it. Probably personal,’ thought Gareth as he nodded in response to Kara’s answer. He raised an eyebrow, however, at the exchange between the two. ‘Seems like he knows how to aggravate her. Seems like a dumb move on his part,’ observed the greenhorn. While curious about the obvious shared history, Gareth decided not to broach the subject for now.

Gareth’s eye twitched at the flippant answer Dylan initially. ‘Course there’s a difference. Could’ve been runnin’ for the thrill of it. Or maybe you riled up a big ole nasty ‘mon,’ Gareth thought to himself. Before he could voice these thoughts, however, Kara broached Dylan for more details. Gareth noted the slight hesitation present in Kara’s voice, almost as if she did not want to know that poachers had held Dylan captive. ‘She must’ve had a bad run in with their ilk before. Only reason I can think of for that kind of behavior,’ Gareth mused to himself as Dylan continued talking.

After Dylan had finished talking about the poachers, Kara had turned to Gareth to ask for his input. Of course, Dylan interrupted her with a quip about how he was the new greenhorn. ‘Wild Man possibly a greenhorn she worked with before me? Another piece for the puzzle. Been with them for over a year and just now they got spooked enough that he got away? Still somethin’ doesn't add up,’ thought Gareth as Kara admonished Dylan. ‘Either go back to the Guard or try to get enough information about the poachers to take ‘em on ourselves? Of course that’s provided we can even trust Wild Man,’ Gareth mused as he weighed his options.

Having mulled over his options for a few seconds, Gareth finally spoke. “The poachers used him as a shield for over a year now as a hostage to use against us if we ever crossed paths with ‘em. To me that says that they have some form of intelligence. Now if we go after ‘em, we could be being lured into a trap, even if he isn’t aware of one. If he’s tellin’ the truth we may stand a chance against ‘em and may even catch ‘em off guard. But he said somethin’ spooked ‘em. Chances are they’ll be on their guard. We go back to the Guard, he could be debriefed and get Wild Man some proper equipment and lead us back to their camp. We may even get some backup. If they left their campsite, chances are that we can track ‘em. I say we go back and see what the higher ups want us to do. Maybe they have a powerful enough Psychic-type that can tell if he’s bein’ truthful,” said the greenhorn Guardian.

With that, Gareth looked to Kara waiting to see if she agreed as well as to see if there were any reactions from Dylan that might give credence to the line of thought that he could not be trusted.

--------------------
Gareth Molloy
Profile | Travels
| PM |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 14 2016, 07:21 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Total Posts: 376
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:
Artemis Froste, Tybalt Cromwell, Cadence Mansel

Awards: 3

(0.7 EXP. I promise things will pick up soon.)

"That sounds like a solid idea. But, Dylan can't go in right 'way. That won't fly with the Guard. Gotta give 'em some sort of warnin'." She nodded toward the greenhorn with a small smirk, a bit of her normal attitude coming back into play.

"Kid's smart. But it isn't a camp. They have a more...stable set up. Obviously, they won't be there. Spooked and all." Kara sighed at Dylan, stilling keeping her eyes on Gareth. The senior Guardian squeezed the bridge of her nose (right at her eyes) before turning around to see the former Guardian standing up, looking at the top of a tree.

"What are ya doin'?" she asked. Her voice clearly showed her low tolerance for the antics of this other person. He looked at her with an expression that anyone knew.

"Getting some berries... Being held captive doesn't exactly include giant amounts of food. I was lucky if I got one meal a day," he muttered before reaching up and plucking a fruit from the tree. He took a bite and sighed happily though that changed once he saw the look on Kara's face. "What?"

She simply pointed toward the general direction of the exit before muttering one order: "Follow me." He snorted in amusement.

"I'm not a greenhorn-"

"I would keep quiet if I were you. Don't talk." He raised an eyebrow at her before Kara shot him a look that could have made an Aggron cowardly. "Guard from behind, Gareth." With that, she started walking. Dylan followed along with careful footsteps, still eating the berry he picked.

The walk was relatively uneventful, with the exception of Kara making Dylan shut his mouth every time he tried to say a word. They made their way back to the town and over toward the home of Lord Folgart. The senior Guardian stopped a decent ways from the noble's home. Kara pointed toward a building and addressed the duo of males. "I'm going to take this one alone, Gareth. Keep watch over him. That's an order." She turned, took a deep breathe, and made her way toward their patron's home, disappearing behind the heavy doors.

Dylan tossed the inedible portion of the berry away, brushed his hands off and turned toward Gareth. "So, recruit. What's on your mind because I know it isn't empty?"

This was Gareth's chance to question Dylan himself if he would like. There was a myriad of topics that he could choose from if he decided to do so. The history between him and Kara, time with the poachers, anything he would like to know. It should be clear that Dylan didn't seem to have any boundaries nor qualms about talking on any subject. Or Gareth could stay quiet, sending a message to the other male. Though talking might get some more information out of him that could be important. The choice was Gareth's to make.

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
ExiledJedi
 Posted: Aug 18 2016, 03:18 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2223
Joined on 2-June 16.

Characters:
Gareth Molloy

[Egg Count: 12]

Even though Dylan had called him smart, Gareth’s eye twitched once again when the man had called him a kid. ‘I’m not a kid! I’m 21! Wait, what’s he doing now?’ thought Gareth. Raising an eyebrow, Gareth watched as Dylan attempted to harvest some nearby berries. As Kara admonished Dylan, Gareth thought to himself, ‘Can’t say I’d have acted any different in his case. First thing I’d want after getting away from poachers would be some food. Could also be acting. Doesn’t like taking orders it seems. The plot thickens.’ Hearing Kara tell him to guard the rear, Gareth gave a nod before getting his bow at the ready.

The walk back was uneventful and gave Gareth time to go over his observations. ‘Wild Man knows Kara from before he went missing and was assumed dead. Kara seems to dislike poacher related missions. Related? Possibly. He hates being told what to do and seems to love to talk. Kara seems to have misgivings about his trustworthiness. Problem with authority? Maybe. Still seems to believe in the Guardians. Still wearing his armor and claiming to still be one of us. Hopefully he’ll tell us the truth when we get back and doesn’t answer questions with more question,’ thought the greenhorn. Eventually they made it to outside their patron’s home and Kara ordered Gareth to babysit Dylan. Snapping off a salute towards his superior, he set about doing just that.

While Kara went inside to smooth things over and prepare them for Dylan, Gareth was watching over the man and keeping him out of trouble. Unfortunately this did not prevent the other man from talking. In most other situations, Gareth most likely would not have engaged Dylan in conversation. However, his curiosity got the better of him and realized that if he could get Dylan to tell him about the poachers he could use that information to spot any minor details that may be different in the version Dylan tells the others. ‘Could also ask about his relationship with Kara. But she said that all I needed to know was that he was a former Guardian. Gonna trust her on that,’ Gareth thought to himself.

After a few moments of silence, Gareth looked over to Dylan and spoke up. “Tell me ‘bout the poachers. They've had ya captive for, what, over a year now? Surely the dumber ones must’ve talked around ya. They say anything important? Were ya able to see if they ever had regular visitors?And you said their headquarters was more like stable set than a camp. So they didn’t move their headquarters often then? If not, I’m surprised the Guard hasn’t found them yet. Thought we patrolled the Edgewood regularly,” he said, though the last sentence was more to himself than Dylan. The greenhorn then waited for Dylan to respond. Given the chance, Gareth will tell Kara and his superiors any information he finds out if Dylan happens to not tell them.

--------------------
Gareth Molloy
Profile | Travels
| PM |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 09:56 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7 EXP)

"Hmm, yeah. Some of the slower ones in the group talked. Though they weren't trusted with much anyway since they tended to talk around the wrong people...like me. The only thing I caught from them was that they were being particularly picky with the Pokemon they kept from the traps to give back to their employers. So I'm sure there are multiple injured Pokemon in Edgewood from the traps." Dylan was taking the time to address each question with as much detail as he could. This seemed to be a slight change from before but nothing drastic. He motioned Gareth closer and dropped his voice for the next answer.

"Mages. They had visits from mages regularly. Got to see some of that work when I was being hauled around as a bargaining tool. From what I saw, mages are their employers. Take that as you will," Dylan said softly. His eyes darted side to side quickly, looking for something. Maybe he was trying to see if any mages were present, but something obviously disturbed him about this subject.

"And you may patrol Edgewood well, but the mages are better. They have the village protected with some sort of magic. It cloaks the camp from anyone that doesn't know about it. So even if they got close, they would never see. And some freaky stuff happens there. Those mages do wickedly horrible acts on Pokemon." Dylan straightened up and stepped away from Gareth. He ran a hand through his hair and took a deep breath. The wild man shook his body some before settling down again.

"Anymore questions, kid? I probably just created more than I answered." Gareth wouldn't have the chance to inquiry about anymore as Kara made her presence known to them at that point. She took in the sight and mulled over the portion of the conversation she had heard.

"So, Gareth...I see you asked Dylan some questions. What information did you get from him?"

"I can speak for myself," Dylan muttered. Kara scoffed.

"Not for the next little while you can't. Unless you are spoken to directly and asked a question. Our patron isn't dealing with this, but the person that is isn't happy that you suddenly turned back up. So, now, you don't get to say anything," the senior Guardian said with a smirk. She gave a content sigh and turned back to the greenhorn. "For now, let's keep that answer to yourself, since you will have to report that to the superior taking the issue. No need to repeat yourself more than once." Once Gareth gave his agreement, and she deemed it satisfactory, she ushered the duo to the home of the their patron. She paused, before glancing at the men following her. She gave Gareth a simple nodded before the trio entered into an open area of the Lord's home, with a familiar face sitting at a table. The bristly mustached man from before greeted them.

"Gareth, I believe you have already met our Captain, Allayn Hargreve. Please go ahead and tell him what former Guardian Dylan told you earlier. Be as detailed as you possible can."

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
ExiledJedi
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 05:04 PM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2223
Joined on 2-June 16.

Characters:
Gareth Molloy

[Egg Count: 13]

Dylan had Gareth’s full attention as the other man recounted details about the poachers. ‘Knew the dumb ones would say something. Though, not enough for my liking. Still, even minor details could be useful,’ Gareth thought as Dylan kept talking, ‘They poach only certain ‘mons and leave the others. Odd. Figured they wouldn’t wanna be picky.’ Before he could ask Dylan if he knew about the kinds of Pokemon they were actively poaching, Dylan mentioned a group of people that made Gareth’s blood run cold. Mages. Now Gareth didn’t mind mages as a whole, but he was wary about the ones that would stoop so low as to hire poachers.

‘Wonderful. Bad mages. Couldn’t have a routine mission as my first one. Just had to get involved with their ilk,’ Gareth thought to himself. Then Dylan gave possibly the most important piece of information yet. The poachers’ camp was cloaked to all that are unaware of it. ‘Seems oddly convenient that the mages cloak it so that only those that know where it is can find the camp. Means we have to bring Wild Man along whether we want to or not. Could be leading us into a trap. And the mages apparently use the camp for some nasty experiments. Wonderful,’ the greenhorn thought. Before he could ask more questions, like the kinds of Pokemon the mages wanted or how fortified the camp was, Dylan and Gareth were interrupted by the appearance of Kara and the Captain.

Gareth watched as Kara admonished Dylan, and thought, ‘Don’t envy him. After what I’ve seen, I don’t wanna get on Kara’s bad side.’ Then Kara turned to Gareth and reintroduced him to the Captain. While Gareth had been speaking to Dylan, he had a more relaxed posture. Now, however, the greenhorn was standing at attention. Snapping off a salute towards Captain Hargreve, Gareth gathered his thoughts before relaying what he had learned to Kara and the Captain.

“Sir, the former Guardian has been telling me about the poachers. First, he told me about the poachers’ methods. Apparently, they are looking for certain Pokemon and not bothering with the ones they do not want. Second, the poachers are being employed by mages. And not nice mages at that. Apparently, they do horrible experiments on Pokemon in the poachers’ camp. These mages also cloak the camp so that anyone who doesn’t know about it can’t find it. That’s all I’ve learned, Sir,” Gareth said, having suppressed his commoner's accent for the time being.

Hoping he had not overstepped his bounds by asking Dylan questions, Gareth waited for a response from the Captain and orders on what to do next.

--------------------
Gareth Molloy
Profile | Travels
| PM |
^
Arty
 Posted: Sep 5 2016, 04:21 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7 EXP)

The Captain grunted unceremoniously after Gareth finished. "Seems like you got some good knowledge boy. Thinking of rising in ranks, 'cause there are places for you if that's your skill set. Now back on topic. No mage is a nice mage, Mollory. Learn that fast. It will serve you well." He waved his hand at Gareth and Kara motioned to him that he could move away. He wasn't fully dismissed yet.

"Now, you. Former Guardian Dylan--"

"Why does everyone call me 'former Guardian'? I didn't--" He was cut short from his interruption by a whack to his upper arm from Kara's staff. "Ouch," he hissed.

"You speak when spoken to only. Excuse me, Captain," Kara said with a bow of deference. The Captain smirked at the senior Guardian and gave a small wink that only she could see.

"I would have done worse to 'em." It was the first ounce of anything other than indifference in his voice or the pushy pace from earlier. With a shift in posture, that changed back to the classic stoic again. "Tell me more about this spell the mages have over the camp." Dylan glared at the Captain without speaking another word. He didn't enjoy the fact that the Captain would have hurt him more if he was next to him and not Kara. For that, he was feeling a bit at a lose of words and forgetful. The clacking sound of Kara's staff against the floor, however, spurred the man to use the words he had been taught as a child at the threat of another rap from her weapon.

"If you know about the camp and the location it is in, the camp becomes revealed to you. But it only happens if you are with someone that knows the mechanics of the mages' spell. Its a safety measure to make sure that word of mouth and rumors don't give away the location by accident. Very clever and elaborate if you ask me." Silence fell over them as the main Guardian in the group thought over the situation. He sighed before giving two claps of his hands. The door behind them opened to reveal the plain man from earlier today.

"Take the former Guardian to get some new armor. Don't give him a weapon and strip them if he has any. Leave him with his Pokemon but check each ball. Use whatever force is necessary. Bring him back once done. Dismissed." The plain man gave a salute before grabbing Dylan by the wrist. The wild man was wide eyed and couldn't process what was happening fast enough. "Also, clean him up. He's a mess." With that, the plain man and the wild one were gone and the door was closed. That left just the three of them and Kara looked tense.

"I don't like to have to do this to you Kara. But, you will use him to lead a few small platoons to the village and take it by force. We cannot let the mages continue to do this type of work. Molloy will accompany you to learn the way of the battle tactics. Leave when you feel ready. Find Victor Hanson and Olivia Truesdale, leaders of the two platoons that will join you and you will lead. Dylan will be delivered to you once we are done with him. Any questions, from either of you?" Gareth had a chance to voice any concerns or questions if he had any. Though, he should be respectful in whatever he said. Once the greenhorn had asked anything, if he wanted to, Captain Hargreve would dismiss them.

Outside the heavy wooden door, Kara gave off a deep sigh. "Looks like Dylan will be with us for a bit longer. Hope ya can deal with him better than me. If ya need a breather, you can take it now. Don't know when we will be leavin' so if ya want to restock, better do it now. If not, then meet me in that room" she pointed down the hall to the corner door "in just a bit. Gotta go grab Victor and Ollie--sorry, Olivia since I have to be proper right now." Gareth had his options. What would he do with them? Would he restock his supplies and take some time for himself or would he just wait for his senior in the room early? He could even relax with his team if he wanted. Whatever his choice, Kara wouldn't be around to hear it as she was already walking down the hall away from from the newbie.

(OOC: I've noticed that you have been only active in Gareth's travels, which is fine! I just want to make sure you know that there are other things to with a character, such as freeforms, development and training threads. If you have any questions about those, please PM me and I will explain. Just wanted to let you know that the travel thread isn't the only way to be active here!)

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
ExiledJedi
 Posted: Sep 17 2016, 11:32 AM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2223
Joined on 2-June 16.

Characters:
Gareth Molloy

[OOC: I actually figured I'd do a training or development thread after Gareth finished his first mission. I’ll be sure to PM you once I start that if I have questions.]

[Egg Count: 14]

If the captain mispronouncing his last name bothered Gareth at all, the greenhorn did not show it. ‘Just take the compliment and advice. Mollory is close enough. Refuse to believe that every mage is bad, though. Magic is just a tool, it’s the person who decides what to do with it,’ Gareth thought to himself. Still, Gareth would not let his opinion be known to the captain as it was his place to argue with his superiors over such philosophical matters..

Gareth suppressed a smirk of satisfaction when Kara hit Dylan. ‘You’d think he’d have learned not to be smart with the captain by now,’ the junior Guardian thought to himself as he observed the proceedings. Such blatant insubordinate behavior made Gareth think that maybe the higher ups were not too upset that Dylan went missing. However, it seemed that Dylan does in fact learn from his mistakes as he started being more forthcoming with his answers once Kara tapped the floor with her staff. Gareth listened attentively as the former Guardian gave details on how the camp’s cloaking spell worked. ‘Knew it. We’re gonna have to bring him along if we don’t wanna be wandering the Edgewood all day,’ Gareth thought to himself.

It appeared that the captain shared the same thoughts as Dylan was soon taken away to be cleaned up and given new armor by the same plain man that had led Gareth around before. ‘Huh, he sure gets around,’ observed Gareth before he turned his attention to the captain. Soon enough Gareth knew what his next set of orders were. ‘Good. He got my last name right. And I’m to go with Kara on the assault. Means I get to see this through and keep an eye on Wild Man,’ Gareth thought to himself before turning his attention to back to the captain. Fortunately, Gareth did not have any questions for Captain Hargreve now.

After the Guardian pair had been dismissed, Gareth turned his full attention to Kara. Having been given his options for what to do in his short period of downtime, Gareth thought to himself, ‘Don’t really wanna spend more of the gold I have on me right now. Think I’ll talk things over with Zen and Regal. Let them know what’s goin’ on.’ Shifting his attention to where Kara was, the junior Guardian said, “Think I’m gonna ta- and she’s gone. Well, guess I better go stand outside the room she was tellin’ me ‘bout and talk things over with Zen and Regal then.” Hopefully no one was around to hear Gareth talk to himself there. Standing outside the room Kara told him about, Gareth let his two Pokemon out of their pokeballs.

Zen appeared in his customary meditation stance, eyes closed and all. Regal, on the other hand, appeared and immediately stretched out before sitting down and starting to clean himself. Noticing that Zen was completely calm, Regal decided to mess with his teammate. The vulpix went over to the meditating meditite and, ever so lightly, moved his tail over Zen’s nose. Sure enough, the meditite had to resist one of the most powerful urges of all, the need to sneeze. Unfortunately for Zen, Regal kept waving his tail and soon enough the meditite was snapped out of his meditation by a sneeze. His job done, Regal turned his attention to Gareth. Zen glared at the Vulpix before deciding that sooner or later he would get revenge on the Vulpix.

Sighing at his Pokemon’s antics, Gareth spoke up, “Alright you two, enough goofin’ off. Remember that mission I told y’all about? It took a turn. A former Guardian ended up running into us and told us a story about him being captured by the poachers and how they’re in cahoots with some mages. We’re back at headquarters now, but soon we’re gonna be headin’ back out to take these people out. This’ll be a tough fight and chances are I won’t be able to give you orders during it. So I want you two to watch each other’s back. We’ll listen to Kara and follow her orders, but you two need to stick together. We’re probably gonna be facing off against enemies stronger and more skilled than us. Regal, you’re best with ranged attacks so try to keep most enemies at a distance. Zen, you excel at close quarters combat so keep enemies off of Regal. I’ll probably be pickin’ off the bad guys at a distance with my bow, so I’ll try to cover you as best I can. Got any problems with each other, work them out after the mission’s over.”

Zen, understanding what his master was saying, looked over towards Regal. Both Pokemon locked eyes for a moment before nodding in compliance with their master’s orders. Noticing that the two put aside whatever problems they had with one another for the time being, Gareth gave a small smile towards the two and said, “Good. There’ll be enough time for messin’ with each other once the mission is over. We’re gonna wait for Kara in this room. For now rest inside your pokeballs for a bit and prepare for a fight. I’m gonna inspect my weapons. Make sure they’re in good enough shape for the fight.” With that, Gareth returned his two Pokemon to their pokeballs and entered the room Kara had told him about earlier.

Entering the room, Gareth looked for a place where he could sit down and inspect his weapons until Kara arrived.

--------------------
Gareth Molloy
Profile | Travels
| PM |
^
Arty
 Posted: Sep 29 2016, 04:35 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Moderators
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:

(0.7! Gareth levels up to level 3. Zen and Regal both gained two levels, putting them at level 10 and level 9 respectively. Don't forget to add 3 egg counts to your next post.)

Chattering voices alerted Gareth to their presence before the door opened. Two female voices, one that he had hear many times before. Three people came through the opening, Kara leading the way for a male and another female. The man was older with wavy black hair. Eyes like smoke and the build of a traditional logger of the town completed his larger structure. Stubbly facial hair could been seen against his tanned skin when sunlight hit it just right from the window. The other female was short, bordering being seen as too short for her age. Golden colored hair bobbed hair framed her average skin tone. Strikingly blue eyes complimented the smile that seemed to never leave her face.

"Greenhorn, meet the leaders of the pla'oons we will be leadin'. Victor Hanson, leader of the Treetop pla'oon." She made a motion toward the smoky-eyed male. He gave a small bow before his eyes caught sight of Gareth's bow. Victor's eyes widened some and his lips gave a small turn up. Though it quickly disappeared once he straightened up. "And Olivia Truesdale, leader of the Ironclad pla'oon. Each one has a special skill that their group uses well. Victor's team...they like to use ranged moves. While Ollie--err, Olivia's team is better in fightin' with swords. This is Gareth Molloy. My greenie."

"Pleasure to meet you, Gareth," Olivia said sweetly, her voice making her seem rather young. Was Olivia still in her youthful years or was her appearance and tone of speaking just misleading? Gareth wouldn't know unless he asked if he was curious enough to ask.

"While Dylan's not here, I wanna talk with ya plainly. I don't trust him. Not much, that is. I wanna make sure we all are safe if something goes...wrong. If we aren't near each other, and trouble comes up, give a whistle like this." She puckered her lips and a set of sounds followed: low, high, high, low, low. "Got it?" Unless Gareth said he didn't understand (she would show it to him again if needed), then she would give a nod of approval to them all. "If ya hear that, be on alert. We need to wait for Dylan to make a good plan. So, get ready for a possible wait."

With that, Victor turned toward Gareth. He motioned with his chin at the weapon. "How long have you been using that? Got any Pokemon to use with that long distance weapon? If you do, maybe you should come with me during this. I am specialized with ranged weapons." Would Gareth accept the offer for this platoon leader? Or would he listen to what he had been told earlier: to stick with Kara to learn from her? Of course, the greenhorn could always ask his senior if it would be acceptable for him to learn from the leader that uses the same type of weapon as him. But Gareth could always just tell Victor yes without consulting the woman that is his mentor. Or would he simply say no to the offer and not worry about it? The choice was his to make. Though he should think about all consequences before any words left his mouth.

After the choice was made, it would be only a short wait before their guest of honor reappeared. He was thrust into the room, tumbling into the table before righting himself. He looked different, actually presentable. His curly hair could clearly been seen as brown and his skin slightly tanned with all of the dirt removed. His eyes looked that much darker with his new clean look. But he didn't seem too happy about everything.

"Take my dagger, don't let me show my own Pokemon, then throw me into this room. I was a Guardian," he grumbled, straightening the new armor on his body.

"Key word being was in that sentence. Funny to see an assumed dead man walking." Victor's jab earned a glare from Dylan. Before more could be said, Kara grabbed his tunic collar again and pulled him roughly into a wooden chair.

"Ouch," he groaned, rubbing his neck. She walked over to the newest Guardian in the room with a smirk.

"Gareth. I'll give you the honor of askin' the first few questions, greenie." She lowered her head and voice. "Keep in ya mind what the goal is. Just don't give ever'thing 'way. I know we don't have a plan yet. But don't need him knowin' that." The senior Guardian's head lifted back up as she clasped a hand on his shoulder. "Good luck. Ask the right things."

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
ExiledJedi
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 09:59 AM
| Quote |

New Handler
Members
Member No. 2223
Joined on 2-June 16.

Characters:
Gareth Molloy

[Egg Count: 17]

As Gareth was inspecting his arrows, he realized that this upcoming mission would be his first foray into battle. On the outside the greenhorn looked his usual unflappable self. His thoughts, however, were fraught with concern for himself and his pokemon. Gareth knew battle was nothing to be taken lightly, regardless of what certain individuals in the tavern might say. Regardless, the greenhorn needed to steel himself for the most likely inevitable fight that was to come.

As he was inspecting his last arrow, Gareth heard voices coming towards the door. When the door opened, the Guardian in training put the arrow he was inspecting back in his quiver as Kara and two others entered. One was a man with dark hair and the other a short blonde woman that was all smile. ‘Man looks like he used to be a logger. Makes sense. The woman though is hiding something. Someone who smiles that much must be hiding something,’ Gareth thought to himself. As Kara introduced the individuals as Victor and Olivia. ‘Victor’s group is about ranged attacks and Olivia’s group fights with swords. Victor noticed my bow. Might be able to learn something from him. Kara seems to know Olivia well judging by the slip of the tongue. Her voice makes her seem even younger. Not gonna ask her age though. Learned to never do that,,’ analyzed the greenhorn as he repressed the memory of .

After Gareth gave a bow in greeting to the two elder guardians, Kara talked about not trusting Dylan. As she told everyone the distress signal, Gareth committed it to memory and thought, ‘Good, she doesn’t trust him. Even though he gave me information before, somethin’ about him reminds me of some of the lyin’ and thievin’ scum I’ve seen.

Then came the offer from Victor. ‘Would make sense to join him during this. It’d be up to Kara, of course.’ thought Gareth. “Aye, been learnin’ to use the bow since I was a lad. As for ‘mons, I’ve got a Meditite eager to prove ‘imself and a prideful Vulpix. I’d like ta join ya for this, but only if Kara thinks it's a good idea,” replied the greenhorn. While Gareth would like to join Victor for the mission, he would only do so at Kara’s behest.

Shortly after, Dylan came bursting through the door no longer looking like the wild man Gareth had been calling him in his head. Of course, the man was complaining, as per usual. Even though the man was clean, something about the look of his eyes made the greenhorn trust him even less. As Victor took his jab at Dylan, Gareth gave a small smirk before Kara entrusted him to ask questions, but to not give anything away to the former Guardian. Leaning on the table, Gareth stared at Dylan for a second before he started his questioning. “Last we spoke, I asked ya about the poachers’ goals. You mentioned how they were huntin’ only specific ‘mons. And that mages were conductin’ experiments on the ones the poachers brought back. You ever see ‘mons after the mages had their way?” Gareth asked. As horrifying as Gareth imagined the experiments might be, the greenhorn figured the Guardians should know if the mages made the Pokemon stronger somehow.

After Dylan’s answer, Gareth would ask, “Tell us about how you escaped,” then trying to appeal to the former Guardian’s ego Gareth added, ‘I’m sure it’s quite the tale.” Gareth wanted to see if he could glean any deceit from the former Guardian’s story.The greenhorn surmised it could help him learn if Dylan was leading them into a trap.

--------------------
Gareth Molloy
Profile | Travels
| PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Dedrius | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (2) 1 2  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.