Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Hadrian Treefeller's Travels, Saladin
jadedragonette
 Posted: Aug 25 2017, 07:32 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 759
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

[0.7 exp! Sorry for the delay on this - though, future updates should come faster now that I'm settling into the new job! Note on the HP guild question: it seems to have just been a typo; as of this post, Hadrian's profile has been fixed to reflect 7/3/2018, and the badge should be fixed as soon as someone can get to it. Also: welcome to page 7!]

As far as Hadrian could tell, the Kadabra was simply sitting there and listening, not doing anything else; however, Brenna would be able to tell that it was listening and considering Hadrian's words. It did not speak, not even once, until Hadrian's words were over - and even once it spoke, its words spilled around Hadrian. Clearly, Hadrian's choice in wielding the dark-type buckler had another side effect: not only could Brenna not communicate with him, but the psychic-type could not speak with him directly. In sheer frustration at this fact, though, the Kadabra weakly turned its head to look at both Delilah and Archer; slowly, Delilah sat up, movements jerky as a puppet, just like before.

"Hadrian Treefeller...your words have merit." A pause, and a breathy gasp escaped the Kadabra, echoed through Delilah. "Hunger makes me weak, makes me reckless and careless...I must eat. I will...to regain strength, will take anything." The Kadabra coughed, muscles spasming and causing the weak-looking Pokemon to curl up with pain. It stayed in that position, with Delilah under its control, as it regained its breath.

"You have a point, in that the villagers did nothing. I am starved, am weak and useless like this - even now, all I see is the need for revenge and want to strike out against all nearby before I pass...but you bring back reason, or try to." It breathed heavily, bracing itself with one thin arm. It looked much like a starved Pokemon would be expected to look - thin, barely any muscle, and bones sticking out pretty much everywhere. It would clearly need some amount of care, to get it back to a healthy state.

"Even now, I can feel madness pulling at me, calling for me. I am dying, and I don't think I can stop it - not now, not without food..." Again, a pause, as it reached out psychically - Brenna would feel it reach out, but it wasn't towards anyone in the room. It was a further reach - to someone, something, outside.

Outside, meanwhile, Folia's attempts would prove...mostly useless. That is to say, her body would block most of the doorway, and would slow down the procession of people into the strange building, but until the Kadabra reached out again, the press of people would be constant. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't keep everyone from entering the building; her bulk slowed the procession, yes, and her ability to control vines and such would also slow them - but her intention to not harm them would backfire, to some extent. None of them tried to hurt her, none tried to attack - but they wormed their way around her, either crawling under her or ever-so-slowly pushing their way past her bulk and into the building.

However, when the Kadabra's psychic reach pushed from the mayor's house once again, everyone still outside the building paused what they were doing. Their faces stayed blank, but they stopped moving until the psychic presence was gone, decoding the new orders. After a few long moments, several of them sagged where they were, falling deeply asleep; Folia found herself almost wedged by the doors, with a few people asleep in mid-squirm to the building around her bulk. A handful - no more than five or six adults - were still awake, and they left to gather whatever food they could; whatever was closest, they went after. A few went to berry trees and proceeded to pick handfuls, while some went into nearby houses and came out with breads, cheeses, and even, on occasion, some sort of cooked meat. One or two, in addition, had grabbed whatever jug or skin of liquid they could along the way.

That small handful of people, once food and a bit of drink had been gathered, turned towards the mayor's house - faces still blank - and, like the puppets they were at that moment, entered and made their way through the building towards the back. Fairly quickly, Folia would find herself alone with the majority of the village asleep around her, and around a dozen or so people inside the strange building.

"I...do not think I will survive, even with food coming, and villagers under my control to get me back to something approaching health. But...Hadrian Treefeller, you have proved yourself a better thinker than me. These two," Delilah motioned both towards herself and her partner, "are yours to do with what you wish."

It might seem surprising, that the Kadabra would give in so easily - but the eyes, and the feel of the psychic presence, had shifted. Brenna would be able to feel it - before, there had been a tinge of madness, of sickness and death, to the Kadabra's psychic presence. Now, though, that presence was...muted, somehow. Instead, it felt more stable and more like her own - the Kadabra, for the moment at least, had managed to actually listen and believe in what Hadrian had told it. The words that Hadrian had spoken had broken through the madness, had reminded it that it was...well, somewhere deep inside, it had some sense of sanity left.

"They were afraid of death, of whatever punishment their Trick wanted to hand out. So they ran, and they ran, and they searched for a way out - their lies, their trickery, their deception...it ends here, one way or another. If the bandit leader you speak of doesn't take care of them...the Order will catch up with them, and their punishment will be all the harsher for the many years of evasion."

Soon enough, the villagers entered with their attempts to find food for the starving Kadabra, and slowly started feeding it - it had weakened so far, that it couldn't easily feed itself. It ate slowly and methodically, and it looked like it thought the food tasted like ashes - it wasn't Pokemon eggs, after all - but still, it ate and it drank a little, before resting against the wall again. It seemed to be careful not to over-stuff itself - it didn't want the food to come back up, after all, especially as it wasn't its preferred fare - and once it rested against the wall once more, its eyes flashed. The villagers in the room slowly relaxed, laying on the floor - as near as could be told, they relaxed into peaceful sleep.

Archer was still laying on the floor, breathing and apparently asleep, while Delilah continued to be controlled.

"All will wake...eventually...confused and disoriented, and wondering where they are. They will not remember anything I made them do - they never have, in the past, when I took control in emergency situations. I will...make an attempt, to negotiate. My strength in guarding their village from attacks, in keeping them safe...for food, shelter, and water. Perhaps...perhaps even, one day, in companionship." Delilah looked to Brenna, to Hadrian, and the Kadabra continued laying there, weak and still looking like it was dying.

"I may still die, before I can do this. But...Hadrian, you have proved yourself honorable. Your words broke me from my madness, and I cannot repay you for that - the path I was on, all it would have led to is the death of all in this village...including myself. Years upon years of secrecy and solitude drove me to extreme lengths...I will not let that happen again. I will not secret myself away from others, not make a deal that will have that happen again.

I will keep this village safe, if I survive, if they wish it. If they can stomach the fact that I prefer to eat unborn Pokemon - there are a few here that do the same, I think, so that should not be a problem."
As much as it could, the Kadabra weakly bowed to Hadrian and Brenna, but stayed where it was.

As unlikely as it seemed, as impossible as it seemed...it seemed that Hadrian had won the day, with words alone. As near as even Brenna could tell, the Kadabra was speaking the truth - only time would tell, technically, how honest it was being, but there was no hint of duplicity thus far.

With those final words, the Kadabra seemed to slip into some semblance of sleep; Delilah slowly lay back down, the Kadabra's hold over her mind loosening until she, too slept. Brenna would feel the psychic's presence lessen over the next few minutes until it was barely present, and not once did it slip back into the madness and loneliness that she had felt before. Somehow, Hadrian's words had pushed past the madness that had been present, and brought back some semblance of sanity and reasoning - just because the Kadabra preferred to eat eggs, and had made a deal with Delilah and Archer to get said eggs, didn't mean it had to eat eggs to survive.

And technically speaking, by handing over the two people, it was following the letter of the deal they had made - after all, no eggs meant no protection, right?

Well, now Hadrian and Brenna seemed safe from the Kadabra's influence, and the entire village was...relatively...safe. They'd have to figure out how to get both humans out of the house and outside, then off to Wulfgang - but a huge stepping stone had been completed, in terms of talking their way out of fighting the Kadabra.

---

[OOC: I didn't put this in the top because it would have been a spoiler (technically): but maaannnn it wasn't supposed to end like this - it was supposed to be another difficult fight and some sort of struggle against the Kadabra - but the chance-roll got super lucky and Hadrian's aptitudes prevailed http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png Let me know if you'd like me to push the end of this out a bit further - I can push it to where you meet up with Wulfgang and such if you'd like, but this seemed like a good spot to end it for now!]

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Dev | Training

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams | Tracker
| PM || Email |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 10:56 PM
| Quote |

The Sultan/Paladin of Salads
Background Mods
Total Posts: 560
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: 3

He nearly held his breath as he waited for the Kadabra's response. There was no indication as far as he could tell about what the Kadabra thought about his offer and argument. The woodcutter knew that it was a huge gamble to appeal to the Kadabra like he did, but the man hoped for one less potential hostile confrontation. Brenna started to pant as she struggled to keep her concentration, but she grew shocked as the Kadabra seemed to consider his words. She nearly gaped in surprise at how the Kadabra soon spoke and seemed to acknowledge what Hadrian said.

The large man blinked as he listened to the Kadabra and nearly could not believe it. He knew he was no orator and the Kadabra could have easily dismissed him - Hadrian had no real name or prestige, and the Kadabra easily could attack him and Brenna. The Gothorita was growing exhausted from blocking the Kadabra's influence, and the tall man knew this. Hadrian felt a pang of pity for the Kadabra as he eyed its state - the pokemon did look like it was about to die. He was sorely tempted to consider offering food to the Kadabra, but he did not dare do so until he saw that the Kadabra would relent.

----------

Folia could not do a thing for the most part against the villagers. Due to her orders and her desire not to harm them, there was little she could do to stop them. At least they had not gone hostile on her, even if they slipped around her after they failed to push her aside fully. After what felt like an eternity of futile struggling to stop the villagers, she noticed that they paused. The Torterra stopped her actions and stared in confusion before they collapsed in asleep. The Torterra nearly gaped in disbelief before a small surge of pride welled inside her at what might have happened.

Though she grew confused when she saw a couple of people still move, though they gathered food from what she saw. The Torterra made no move to stop them - not that she could easily considering how the villagers seemed to be all around her and nearly wedge her by the doors to the structure. Slowly the Torterra would attempt to move around them without harming any sleeping villager, and try to make her way back to the entrance to the mayor's abode. For now, it seemed to her that the threat was over - whether it was temporary or not she did not know, but she wanted to see if Hadrian and Brenna appeared from the house with news.

-----------

He gave a sad smile at the Kadabra's words when the pokemon spoke again about its potential death. Brenna blinked in surprise as the psychic presence of the Kadabra shifted, and with a bit of wariness she reduced her channeling of the dark-type energy in her hands. Once she did, she felt how muted the Kadabra was. She said nothing as her channeling died down, and just stared in disbelief and awe at the Kadabra. Brenna admitted that she did not think Hadrian's words were enough to sway the Kadabra, but she now felt guilty for doubting Hadrian. She still felt he was incredibly lucky to reason with the Kadabra and make it stop willingly, but she said nothing but stared in numb shock at the whole situation.

Hadrian sighed in relief and gave a smile to the Kadabra. It made him feel better to have helped make a potential enemy see reason, even if he might not have had the best argument. All that mattered was that it was successful, and the large man's respect for the psychic grew. He gave a nod in thanks to the Kadabra and listened as the Kadabra explained more about the mayoral couple. Hadrian frowned as he knew that he was condemning two people to die, though it was just as they had committed a crime and he was honor bound to keep his word to Wulfgang. From what the Kadabra said, the Order would be likely to give them a far more painful death if they were not kept alive first and tortured.

Granted he still had no idea what the Order's scope truly was nor what they really did, but he figured they dealt with traitors very harshly. Since they were liars and deceivers, Hadrian had little forgiveness for them as a honest person by nature. He blinked in surprise as some villagers came by, but calmed as he recalled they were here to try to save the Kadabra's life. The man and his pokemon partner did nothing as they watched the villagers try to keep the Kadabra alive.

They watched until the villagers eventually fell asleep, and then paid attention to the Kadabra as it spoke again. The woodcutter quirked an eyebrow in surprise at the words of the psychic, and smiled. After the Kadabra finished, Hadrian would attempt to speak to it before it lost focus.

"Thank you. I did not expect to reach you... but you have made me realize that there are truly other ways to help than to fight all the time. I thank you for releasing them from your control... and for releasing the two to me. I will see that justice is met for them, and I will try to give a good word to the people here about you. I hope you survive, and if you do wake again, seek out a man named Nicholas. He is a good man in this village, and while he lost his wife, he will hear you out if you let your intentions be known to him. I hope to see him and tell him about you, and I will tell him about how you deserve to be heard and helped." Hadrian grinned as he put away his dark-type buckler.

No longer would the dark energy block psychic powers from him, but Hadrian felt safe with the Kadabra now. "Considering what you have done and I plan on giving a good word for you... I hope that they will work something out with you. Your power is great, and I can only wonder how strong you would have been at full strength. Perhaps a fight might have led to all our deaths, but it did not. Kadabra... I do not know if you may hear me by this point, but I wish you the best. I pray you survive and become able to help this village and they help you in return... so you do not have to be alone. Being alone is possibly the most painful thing to endure in the world..." Hadrian trailed off as he shed a tear at his last sentence.

He briefly recalled his memory of waking up and learning his family perished, and how he was alone until he gained a new companion. From then, he was never truly alone... and Hadrian never wanted to go back. He shook his head of the memory and looked over at Brenna. The Gothorita looked at him with a mixture of awe and irritation, though he saw she was breathing slowly due to her exhaustion.

"Thank you Brenna... for being here. I feared the worst... but it looks like we did it."

'ARE YOU A DAFT MORON? WHAT COMPELLED YOU TO TRY TO NEGOTIATE WITH A VENGEFUL AND MAD PSYCHIC! OF ALL THE STUPID THINGS I'VE SEEN YOU DO, THIS TAKES THE CAKE!'

The man winced as Brenna showed her anger at him through their psychic bond as soon as she could reach him with the dark-type buckler gone. Her anger gave him a mild headache before Brenna gave a weary sigh.

'I cannot believe that you were lucky. He was... not fully there and desperate. You managed to persuade him... I admit to being impressed. Still... try not to do that again because as a psychic, I know that our kind are very dangerous. Especially as we get older and stronger...' The Gothorita sighed wearily before going down to her knees in exhaustion. The large man moved over and laid a hand on her to support her, but the Gothorita scowled and pointed at the mayoral couple.

'I appreciate the concern, but do not dawdle. You promised to take those two to the bandit leader. I have practically no energy after channeling dark energy, so get one of the others to help. That ruddy bird might be best, even if I have to tolerate her annoying presence.'

Hadrian blinked and chuckled as he agreed with Brenna. "Yes... first things first." The man spoke before he took out two pokeballs and released the pokemon within.

His Leafeon and Hawlucha would make an appearance, and both would tense on seeing sleeping villagers and a Kadabra that lied still. Alistair frowned as he saw the two people on the ground nearby, but he turned to Hadrian and saw the man give a shake of his head.

"We are fine, Alistair and Zither. I summoned you both to help me with these two here. They are the two that caused this village no end of trouble, and we will honor our promise to Wulfgang by giving them to him. Unfortunately Brenna is too exhausted to help, so I would like you two to help take one. I will take Archer, he appears to be the heavier one and if you two can, help take Delilah. They need to meet justice for their crimes. Once we get outside, I hope we can meet with Folia and from there place the two on her back so she can carry them and find Wulfgang. I also want to let Nicholas know if possible, but we will deal with that. Though... I wonder what happened to Alice..." Hadrian muttered as he wondered what happened to the Yamask that was formerly Penny's mother.

Provided nothing happened, the large man would attempt to hoist Archer over his shoulder and carry him. Zither and Alistair would have a little less grace and the Hawlucha would hold Delilah under her arms and attempt to drag her out of the house after Hadrian. Alistair would try to help by making a small vine with Grass Knot, though it would likely be less effective at dragging than Zither's strength. However the Leafeon would have his ears open and be on the alert if either Archer or Delilah woke up early. If they started to wake up, he would attempt to whistle a tune at them to make them fall asleep so they would not resist.

Hadrian would try to make his way out of the house towards the entrance with his pokemon and the mayoral couple - hopefully one carried by Hadrian and the other semi-dragged and held by his Hawlucha with Alistair's help. Brenna would walk tiredly after them and do her best to give a little help with her psychic powers for the female human, but she would focus on trying to recover her energy. Provided everything went well, Hadrian hoped to encounter Folia outside the house and explain things to her before he dropped Archer on her back and then try to help his pokemon take Delilah and drop her on Folia's back too.

If nothing happened to startle them, Hadrian would attempt to try to head to Wulfgang to deliver the mayoral couple. With proof of their crimes and the village safe from the Kadabra's madness that was now gone, he now had to stop the bandits from attacking. The villagers were likely very defenseless right now, and he only hoped that he still had time to deliver the two rogues to Wulfgang so that he could call off the attack on the village. Hadrian had no idea what kind of signal he would try to send to Wulfgang to let him know, but he was likely to ask Alistair to use Sunny Day to give a notice. Hopefully not only to Wulfgang, but also to Nicholas who Hadrian hoped was safe.

He would wonder about Alice the Yamask, but for now he had a mission to complete. Afterwards, he would do his best to find Nicholas if he did not encounter the man to tell him about the Kadabra and ask him to help the psychic and listen to its offer. The woodcutter was still tense, but hope welled in his chest as it seemed like he might just be able to actually save the village like he hoped for... even if it turned out to be one big, complicated mess in the first place.

-----------

[OOC: I leave it to you next Jade whether Hadrian manages to meet up with Wulfgang again or if something happens - I tried to make it seem plausible for ZITHER (being part-fighting) to be able to at least drag Delilah with Alistair's help (as good as it can be, of course.) with Hadrian. Considering Hadrian's size and build, I believe he should have little issue carrying one body, but I assumed like most humans, he can't carry another (even with his size and build.) I hope it was acceptable even though I did talk about this with you!

Feel free to move this wherever you feel appropriate - I await the next post with great expectation! (And take your time of course, I am patient <3 and can wait for others to get their updates first.)

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

Carni: Nothing is impossible as long as there's enough BS to cushion it.
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 05:06 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[0.7 exp!]

No words were spoken from the Kadabra in response to Hadrian's, but a gentle feeling of acceptance and thanks would settle over his shoulders briefly before relaxing back into what Brenna might recognize as some form of healing sleep. Kadabra wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.

A lot of stuff happened fairly quickly. Hadrian and his group managed to, albeit a bit slowly to accommodate the Pokemon carrying Delilah, make it outside without much trouble. Alistair's help was mostly unnecessary, Zither doing most of the work, but the help was likely appreciated either way; despite Zither being part-flying, she was also part-fighting, and thus much stronger than she looked. Folia also managed to extract herself from the villager-pile she found herself in without too much trouble. She'd had to move slowly at first, careful not to step on any of the sleeping people, and use vines to make sure people who had actually climbed on top of her to squeeze through the small area above her didn't fall to the ground and get hurt that way - taking that into consideration, she reached the front doors at about the same time that Hadrian's group did.

At about the same time, Alice would show her face. "Sorry I disappeared there - something kept me from entering that building, and fought against me following you. There seems to be some sort of...barrier or something, around that building; it might be aimed directly at ghosts." She seemed to be a bit sheepish, but completely honest; even in her tired state, Brenna would easily be able to feel that much from her. "Thank you," Alice said simply, mask-face seeming to stare in the direction of the peacefully-asleep Archer and Delilah, thankful for everything that Hadrian had done to capture the two who had caused so much harm. No other words would be given, and Alice would soon drift off towards the edge of the village, in the direction of Penny and Nicholas' house - her own house, for that matter. She'd stop a moment and nod in Hadrian's direction if he spoke to her, but wouldn't linger longer than she felt she had to - she had a new mission, now.

Folia would easily be able to carry both Archer and Delilah for Hadrian, no effort really necessary beyond needing to keeping them balanced on her back. Even slinging them across her back wouldn't wake either of them; a few of the villagers outside seemed to be stirring already, starting to wake up confused and disoriented, but nobody would call out to Hadrian or try to stop him. They seemed more intent on figuring out what was going on than stopping Hadrian or any of his team (even with their mayors being literally carried out of the small place). Strangely enough, they would encounter no trouble making their way deeper into the woods, towards where Hadrian had last met with Wulfgang.

"You work quickly, Hadrian," Wulfgang would call out once Hadrian was about where they'd met last. Strangely enough, Hadrian hadn't needed to try and signal Wulfgang in any way - standing at his side was the mostly-white female Meowstic, who simply stared at Hadrian and his team. "A deal's a deal - hand them over, and the village will be safe, as promised. They had nothing to do with it, after all.

"And no - we didn't read your mind or anything. Couldn't, with the way you kept it protected - your own psychic there's rather strong, you know. But others, well."
He gave a sharp-toothed grin, glancing at Archer and Delilah. "If you know what you're doing, it's amazing what Pokemon can accomplish - even with insane-as-all-hell Kadabras taking over a mind."

It would be Hadrian's choice whether to hand them over to an uncertain fate, but he had made a promise to do so in exchange for the village not being attacked.

"We can't help the village directly - my boys aren't exactly the noble sort, you see, more likely to loot the place than protect it - but I'll keep us in the area for a week or two, run off anyone tryin' to take advantage 'n all, while the village recovers. So long as you hand over those two and go on your merry way - feel free to go check in with the village again, make sure they're okay for yourself, whatever you need done. I hope to never see you again, though, kid."

With that, he'd hand out an egg to Hadrian - the promised prize - as well as a small bag, both held in the same hand. What was inside was a surprise, and Wulfgang wouldn't say a word about it - but would nod respectfully to the other if Hadrian looked at him.

Goods in hand, Hadrian would find himself...surprisingly free, actually. He'd done everything he'd meant to here, technically speaking, and managed to get away without anyone getting too badly mangled - well, besides Archer and Delilah, but nothing would happen to them while Hadrian lingered so maybe it was best to just put that out of his mind. There was nothing he could do, no words he could speak, to save either human their fate, after all.

As he walked away, though, no matter what direction, the Meowstic would send one last message to him and each of his team: Keep safe out there - hope to never see you again.

---

Spoils!

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 03:56 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

To the man's relief, he and his team managed to make it out of the house with little trouble. Hadrian had been pleased to see Zither had little trouble with moving, and felt embarrassed that Alistair could not help much. At least his pokemon were good about it, and did not mind that he made a somewhat silly decision. Once they got outside, he smiled as he saw his first partner appear. Though before he could greet his Torterra and catch her up, Alice the Yamask appeared and startled him. Zither and Alistair grew cautious and eyed the Yamask curiously, but they did nothing when they saw Brenna and Folia barely make a reaction. Hadrian eyed Brenna who gave him an annoyed yet tired look before the Gothorita translated what the Yamask said to him.

After she translated for him, Hadrian beamed at Alice. "It is fine! I managed to resolve the issue without further damage to this village. Considering what was inside... I am not surprised there was a barrier. You are welcome... I am just glad that I was able to do some good. If possible... treat the being inside kindly. He is not evil despite what he did... and he is willing to help this village if helped in return." Hadrian replied. He did not know if Alice would take his words to heart or not since the Yamask went off towards her family's house, but he hoped that there would at least be one who would not harm the Kadabra if possible.

The woodcutter gave a nod in return to the Yamask as he felt happy to have helped. While it would not be much, he hoped that Alice would see Penny again and have the little girl know her mother was around - even if they were a Yamask now. After that happened, Hadrian and his pokemon loaded the unconscious mayoral couple onto Folia's back. Folia had no trouble with their weight and only required a bit of help keeping them balanced. After getting them settled, they departed to go back to the place where Hadrian met Wulfgang.

The group noticed some villagers stir, but since none of the villagers seemed to stop or call out to him Hadrian did nothing but move on. There would be a time and place to explain potentially to them if they had questions when he came back to the village. While he could leave after seeing Wulfgang, the large man wanted to pay one last visit to Penny and Nicholas to make sure they were safe. Hadrian almost cautioned Alistair and Zither not to take any actions when they met Wulfgang, but he had a feeling the two would be fine and not make any hasty movements.

Once they arrived to the clearing where he last met Wulfgang, Hadrian was glad to hear the man call out for him. He was surprised the bandit chief mentioned the villagers were innocent without him giving evidence, but the grin the man gave him made Hadrian realize there was more to Wulfgang than he thought earlier. The tall man chuckled before he eyed the mayoral couple and frowned. That old aunt... Hadrian did not know what it was all about in the first place. Nor did he ask the Kadabra about it, being focused on keeping the village alive from its wrath.

It was the moment of decision, but could he actually condemn two people to death for their actions? Hadrian closed his eyes briefly before he made his decision. His tired psychic gave him a weary glance but had a small smirk at his decision when she peered into his mind. With a nod to Folia, Hadrian confirmed to the Torterra to give the two to Wulfgang. While the Torterra shifted the bodies off her back to place them near Wulfgang where they became the bandit chief's problem, Hadrian walked to Wulfgang.

"Indeed. I am a man of my word, and a deal is a deal. They committed enough crimes and I cannot find it in myself to forgive them for their fear. They are yours to do with. I agree though... I am amazed what pokemon can accomplish. My eyes have opened a bit to how... dangerous they can be, yet how they also can be reasoned with and appealed to. I have far more respect for pokemon overall now than before I came to this village... I am just fortunate it did not cost me too deeply." Hadrian spoke somberly, though he had a small smile.

For better or for worse, he was a changed man as a result of this adventure - and he would stick to his beliefs while he could.

"Heh... I understand. You have already done enough and your end of the deal was simply to leave the village alone from being attacked by you. I thank you for going further than needed, and I appreciate it. I shall check in first... and then I think I shall move on. My adventure is only beginning, and I wish to see more of this region of ours. Maybe I shall go to the sea next... I doubt I will run into any bandits there. And I promise... I hope never to see you again Wulfgang. But thanks for being willing to trust me with everything. Tell your Skarmory I promise to raise her child well, for I know how big of a gift this is for me." Hadrian smiled.

He understood what Wulfgang inferred at the end, but was not upset. Hadrian hoped that they would not have to meet again, for it would likely be dangerous. The woodcutter took the egg and held it gently with his hand before taking the small bag. Hadrian was surprised when he saw what was inside the bag, but gave the bandit leader a small nod in thanks. Hadrian was tempted to offer his hand in thanks to the bandit leader, but knew that it was time for them to part. Hadrian made the decision to walk back towards the village and gave a respectful nod to Wulfgang and his Meowstic. Folia herself gave a nod to the two as she followed him.

Brenna scowled at the mayoral couple but ended giving a tired shrug and a psychic message conveying respect to the Meowstic. She was too tired to do much else than give Wulfgang a smirk due to his compliments towards her. After the Gothorita walked away, Zither and Alistair politely nodded to the bandit chief and his pokemon before following the group. Eventually Zither would pick up Brenna much to her protest and hop onto Folia's back with the Gothorita so that the psychic could rest instead of walk. Folia hummed in approval at the gesture, and Brenna relented and quietly thanked the Hawlucha.

Though she disliked the Hawlucha, she respected that Zither looked out for her - and in a way that Hadrian would approve of. Hadrian eventually placed the items he gained from Wulfgang in his main bag but ended having to sort through his bag to make room for the egg - and so that it would not harm it in any way. The egg had great meaning as a gift, and Hadrian would treasure it deeply.

"Everyone... thank you for your help these past few days. I know it has been tiring, but I would not have done it without any of you. You all deserve some rest... so I think that might be a good idea for all of us. At least, before we go off on our next adventure! Alistair I know you still need rest, and so do you Brenna. You two deserve a break, but Alistair I am going to give you a longer one if you do not mind. I want your bruises to recover first... so I may swap you out for one of the younger ones. I feel it may be time I give them a little focus so they can mature and become strong partners. Is that okay with you?" He asked his Leafeon.

Alistair gave a nod of understanding, as he knew what Hadrian wanted. The Leafeon fully understood and accepted it, for he trusted his handler and acknowledged him as a friend now. Hadrian ended recalling Alistair and Zither, but kept his other two pokemon out. While Brenna was exhausted and resting, Hadrian knew she would be displeased to recover in a pokeball. After recalling them, Hadrian took out two other pokeballs - each containing his Florges and his Milotic. He muttered quietly as he focused on swapping them out the way he was told he could do.

"I want to store these three pokemon, my Florges, Milotic, and Leafeon." Hopefully the storing command would make the pokeball's magic work and if the three pokeballs vanished, Hadrian would then make another verbal command. "I want to recall my Smoochum and Shieldon from storage." If everything worked like he hoped they would - the magic and technology mix confused him to no end - he would now have his Smoochum and Shieldon with him in the party. Plus the extra room meant he could keep the new egg with him and plan to hatch it.

After doing his business, Hadrian would walk back to the village, though he would try to head to meet Penny, Nicholas, and maybe Alice if she happened to be with them. He wanted to check on the family and see if they were all right. A gentle nudge from his Torterra and a tired yet pleased smirk from his Gothorita made Hadrian smile and nod to his two best partners. As they made their way back, the woodcutter absently wondered what would hatch from the egg he obtained... a Skarmory like the mother, or a different flying type? It would be interesting to see...

-------------

OOC: Going to post a copy of this in update requests too, but here it is.

After consideration, despite the advantage and how I like Vitamins... I shall go for a potential long-term gift of an evolution item. I would like a King's Rock as a gift, for I feel it has potential value with what I want down the line and the use as an item standalone.

Also as shown in the post, I would like to swap out Anora, Alistair, and Mythal in exchange for Alice and Blackwall to join the main party. And the egg too, so that I can start earning egg counts for it! (I am unsure if by doing this in this post I can get an egg count with this post or not - I will assume not for now unless you tell me otherwise - but let me know!)

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 05:06 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[0.7 exp! Because you kept the egg in your party, you still get an egg count for your last post - so your next post would be egg count 2!]

Hadrian's travel from Wulfgang to the village wouldn't take long, nor would anything try and stop him from making the journey. As they left, Meowstic would return Brenna's brief moment of respect - one psychic-type to another - before both Pokemon and trainer left towards their own respective paths. It had been a long mission for Hadrian and his team, leaving most of them needing rest for one reason or another; it didn't take long for Hadrian to swap around his team-mates, intending to get some of them some more experience and time out of their pokeballs (and the storage system).

Hadrian had earned himself - and his team - a nice, long rest. However, before said rest could occur - before he could take some "me time" for himself and his team - he did have the goal of checking in with the village (and with Penny and her family). It was his choice as to which he would do first - and either way, it wouldn't change much other than the order in which he chose to do things.

The village itself was waking up, taking stock of things, and generally trying to recover. It was early in on their attempts to do this - Hadrian would find about half of the village awake and slowly recovering, whether he visited the villagers first or second. If he expressed his opinion of the Kadabra, most of them would actually be accepting of the wishes to treat it well - it wouldn't be the first time any of them had heard of a Pokemon essentially being taken advantage of by people of a rogue-like disposition. Of course, this wouldn't be an immediate thing - first, they'd have to concentrate on getting back on their feet as a whole, and figuring out what to do from there.

For example, there no longer was a mayor of the town - though there was talk of abolishing the idea and having something akin to a small group of people to watch over the goings on and making sure everyone was doing well, rather than having a singular head (or a couple as head) to try and prevent this sort of situation. Nothing was set in stone, though, so things were kind of up in the air in those sorts of terms - besides the general feeling of pity and/or empathy with the Kadabra, and hoping it survived. In Hadrian's encounter with the Pokemon, it had seemed rather old (besides tired and dying), so who knew what sorts of information it could provide, should it survive?

Overall, he could be satisfied with the fact that the village would recover - in time - and that he could go on his merry way without having to think that the village was going to fall apart anytime soon.

As for Penny - she'd run up to Hadrian and give the Handler a huge hug before darting over to his Pokemon and chatting up a storm. The gist of her speech was that she was so grateful for his efforts and that she was so happy that her mum had come home that she just didn't know what to do from there. She was cheerful, if a bit bittersweet - her mother had come home, yes, but in her new form as a Yamask, it was clear she'd really died like she'd vaguely hoped hadn't actually happened.

Nicholas could be found just inside the house, Alice hovering next to him - both were staring out the window towards Penny with a melancholy sort of smile on their faces. At least, that could be guessed in the Yamask's case, a Pokemon's expression generally being harder to tell than a human's. Nicholas would confirm the village's view on things, generally speaking - they would all recover, and get used to the way things now were.

He'd hand over a small bag as well, insisting the Handler take it with him whether he wanted to or not - the gem-like Amulet was worth a pretty penny, but he'd insist that he didn't need it. If Hadrian got too pushy, he'd shake his head and pull out a matching one from beneath his shirt - this was his extra he was handing out, the one that his wife used to wear. And if Hadrian tried to give it back or to Penny - either way, he'd be refused. Penny would smile sadly up at him and shake her head if he tried to offer it to her, assuring him that her father's ability to convey what her mother said would be enough - and if it ever wasn't enough, well, that's what Pokemon were for, right? She'd just have to go find herself a translator if it came down to needing to hear it directly from Mum-that-was.

Once both things were taken care of, though, Hadrian would find that he had...nothing left to do here. He could stay for a while, make sure the village got on its feet before leaving - they would certainly appreciate the help - but at the same time, he might feel the need to continue on. If he started to stay too long, too, it was certain that either Wulfgang or his Meowstic might catch on and shoo them away - the impression had been that they'd keep an eye on the village, make sure it got back on its feet, and that they wanted Hadrian away while said village recovered. Not that they hated him, or anything like that - more that they saw that the village was in a delicate state, had something approaching a heart, and wanted to see the village recover without the crutch of someone who knew what they were doing taking over. In some petty way, it could be seen as a form of revenge - and yet, they'd pledged to stay and make sure the village could stand on its own, before moving on.

No matter what, Hadrian would eventually need to move on - and where he chose to go from there, was entirely up to him.

---

[OOC: Time skip time! Feel free to have Hadrian do whatever you feel like, for as long as you feel like, before moving on - this is to help unify whatever you've done off-screen/liquid-time with travels, so as to ease everything together. Of course, you can also skip that and have Hadrian and Co. venture on quickly - it's completely up to you, at this point!

I've still got you claimed at least until you run through getting a Popplio, as previously requested, but those plans are liquid enough to run through wherever you feel like so head wherever you'd like in the next post!

You can have Hadrian arriving wherever he's moving on to in the next post, or state that he's headed to X location off wherever you'd like - in the case of the former, I'll move the travels thread location and we'll continue on there; in the case of the latter, state where you'd like to end up and we'll head there together!]

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 04:54 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

The first thing he did was check the villagers once he came back to the village. They seemed to be moving along, and Hadrian was glad to hear that they were accepting of his wish to treat the Kadabra well. Hopefully in time the psychic would recover and become a guardian for the villagers. Hadrian was rather intrigued in the talk about abolishing the idea of a mayor and how it sounded like the village might make a council instead. He was not sure of how the idea worked, but considered that villages tended to be self-sufficient in many ways. Though they did have a queen, it was not like the queen graced herself with the common people in their villages and dictated law. The political thoughts just made Hadrian get a headache from all the thinking, knowing that he was not a man for such things. He had no idea or interest in the intricacies of how people governed themselves. All he cared about was that whoever led were honest, just, and fair.

In the end he left the villagers with an emboldened spirit, feeling satisfied of his wishes and the fact they seemed to have an idea what to do going forward. Eventually he made his way to where Penny and Nicholas lived, and he gave a genuine smile as Penny hugged him. Though before he could say anything she went over to where Folia and Brenna were - the Gothorita now resting on Folia's back - and chatted with them. Though it was rather one-sided, Hadrian could tell the two tried their best to entertain the little girl despite their exhaustion. He wondered how it would be for Penny to live with a mother who was a ghost, but just smiled that she was happy to see her mother.

His thoughts grew slightly melancholy as he thought of his family, but he was happy he was able to help another family. Seeing Penny be happy about her mother - even if it was bittersweet - made him feel assured that he was on the right path of what he wanted to do. The man was mentally fatigued from the past few days, but he had a sense of satisfaction from sticking to his ideals and honor. Eventually he ended talking to Nicholas and obtained a small bag from the man. To his surprise, he was told it was a Psychic Amulet and something that would help him grow a closer bond with his pokemon. The woodcutter was immensely grateful at the gift, knowing how much it must have cost for Nicholas.

He gave them a smile and put on the amulet, as if unsure of if it would help him. Then to his surprise, he heard Folia and Brenna talking outside and gave a large smile. While he did not mind talking with Brenna and having her translate, the amulet would help him with his communication with his other pokemon. Something that would be very useful for his journey in the end. Hadrian only decided to rest for the day before he left the village the next morning at sunrise, fulfilling his deal with Wulfgang to leave the village.

The large man was not sure, but as he left he thought he felt approval due to sticking to his word to leave. Whatever the village would become, it would be up to them. Hadrian hoped never to encounter Wulfgang again if possible, at least to keep his word to the bandit leader. With his mind made up, Hadrian felt like his next destination had to be what he said to Wulfgang - somewhere close to the sea or the sea itself. Two places stuck out in his mind - Fough Place and Cypwater Point. He mulled over both places, but eventually decided to try Cypwater point since he had never been there.

Though before he took off, the large man took a few days to rest out in the wild and bond with his pokemon. A few of his pokemon like Brenna would finally get some well-deserved rest, and he enjoyed being able to communicate with his pokemon via the psychic amulet. A few times he even wondered what kind of pokemon was in the new egg he had, though he had seen how interested his pokemon were at the newest addition. He only gave them a smile and said he would try his best to treat it right, and with their help he hoped it would become a great addition.

Eventually, he made up his mind and recalled his pokemon to their balls and made use of one special service he had due to his hard work for the Harper's Passion guild - the free travel services awarded to him. Eventually to his surprise, a Golurk appeared escorted by the Abra network. After he made sure none of his supplies would fall off should he fly, the large man climbed onto the Golurk with the pokemon's help and held on while the pokemon launched into the air to take him to his destination. Flying was a surreal feeling and Hadrian was not sure whether he enjoyed the experience or hated it, being away from the ground.

-------------

A couple of weeks later found Hadrian outside Cypwater Point eyeing one particular pokemon of his while she trained with her mentor. It interested Hadrian to see Brenna train Alice and how the two originally started with psychic powers but later delved into using their ability to expect small attacks and respond. He was not a person with intuitive battle sense, but he took in mind what both of his pokemon could do. The goal here was to help Alice evolve, since Brenna had noted the Smoochum seemed far stronger since she joined them and seemed close to evolving. Though the woodcutter did not care if his pokemon evolved or not, it mattered to his pokemon so he supported them.

Besides if Alice evolved, she would be a greater help once they went to their next destination. The man was still mulling over where to go, but knew he wanted to be near the sea. It was a strange, foreign land to him who grew up in a world of trees and forests.

"Okay, that is good enough today Alice, Brenna. It's about time that we go back into Cypwater and I want to see about possibly going to those Isles I've heard about, or to at least see the sea a bit. Or maybe we will find something to do while in this city... I could go back and pay the local chapter of the guild a visit again." Hadrian spoke as the two pokemon stopped their training. Both looked slightly exhausted, but Hadrian knew they would recover since they did not fight seriously. The woodcutter grinned at his two pokemon before he looked towards Cypwater and grinned at the city. The city had been rather interesting with all the people inside and the parties so far, though Hadrian did have to more than once make sure he was not pick-pocketed by some locals. Petty crimes were common from what he heard and saw, so he made sure to be as careful as he could be...

---------------
OOC:

Egg Count is at 2!

For Travels, I just planned on going on ahead, but I plan on filling in what happened during the two weeks with a couple of solo freeforms (non-rolled ones) and dev threads. Basically I just had Hadrian use his free travel services he gained from the Schism to fly to Cypwater and presumably the local chapter of Harper's Passion there. Feel free to go along from here now, whether it be a mission or something else! I just figured Cypwater would be a good location for where Hadrian wanted to be and might give him the option of going to the Pennant Isles (why, I don't know http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png).

Do let me know if I need to change anything or if you want me to add anything! Hadrian would have taken the time to rest his pokemon and help them recover before doing anything, and then he would want to be with them before going on his way to a new adventure - (and a Popplio or one of its evos http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png). It's a little easier for me to try to do the time in between in a separate area - that way I can take time to actually explore more stuff, like devs and all!

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 02:29 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[0.6 exp! I liked your post but it threw me for a bit in terms of wording in places. Part of the delay for this came from settling into yet another new job, part from severe lack of muse - but I should be able to get this rolling again now, so yay! As a note: I went ahead and skipped over the travel to get to Cypwater officially.]

The trip itself to Cypwater Point - especially with the help of the Golurk and his friendship with the Harper's Passion guild - went rather smoothly, if perhaps also more than a little bit oddly. Hadrian would find himself rather quickly in a place he was completely unfamiliar with, with little to nothing to actually do. He'd taken some time to rest and get all of his Pokemon fully rested - in fact, one in particular of his party had even gained enough strength to change form, evolving from the foot-high adorable pink thing to something at least four times the height. Luckily, they weren't in any rush whatsoever and had time to get used to her new form before moving on, avoiding any potential problems.

But anyways, the travel itself was quick at least!

Hadrian would find a bright, lively city at the end of his travels, welcoming to him and whatever Pokemon he had out. He and his group wouldn't be given any sort of berth, but he would be aware enough in case of any potential pickpockets to avoid losing any of his stuff. It was a hugely different reception than the last little village that he'd arrived in - plus, it was definitely a whole lot larger. More people, and as far as he could tell, far more money, and a wholly different type of lifestyle. It seemed, from an initial impression at least, that everyone here knew everyone else, and that they all kind of supported each other - only, without the sort of suspicion of outsiders that the last place had.

After all, without tourists coming on down here, the money might just dry up!

From here, though, he would have to choose what else to do. He'd made it here, but...well, now that he was there, he had to decide what to do from there. He could choose to go deeper into the city and discover what could be discovered, go in search of something particular, simply just go exploring the outer edges of the area - hell, he could even just go straight back towards the road and discover what might happen from there.

[OOC: I left this super open ended because I'm not sure where you want to take things. Feel free to guide this towards something specific if you'd like, even up to fleshing out a bit of scenery or people or whatever - I'll work from where you take things!]

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 09:37 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Normally Hadrian would have Brenna out to help him navigate, but since Alice had evolved and the two psychics were tired from training, he decided to not stress her out. The man opted to have none of his pokemon out, choosing to explore the city himself even if having one of his party would reassure him. The break had helped them, and while Hadrian enjoyed spending time in the outskirts of Cypwater, he decided it was time to go farther into the city. It was... a very strange city, and one that he had never experienced with his background. The city intimidated and awed him - after all, the largest city he had been to in his life was Dedrius when he had worked as a woodcutter.

All the colors, the people, and the different goods made Cypwater very imposing to the rural man. He took a deep breath as a small part of him wished Folia was a Grotle once again so he could have her on his side in the city, but he knew that she was far too large now as a Torterra. It was one thing on the road and in the wild, but her size was an issue on the streets in a major city. Hadrian shook his head of those thoughts before he walked into the city. He found it difficult not to stop on every corner and shop along the streets due to all the strange goods and items he saw.

Even the people had been oddly friendly to him - even when he had been cautious to keep an eye on any potential pickpockets. There was a sense of support that Hadrian liked here, but at the same time he thought it felt... slightly artificial. While the village he was in prior may have not been so... welcoming to him by any means, he felt they were more genuine than the people around him. Though he thought maybe he was being a bit too pessimistic about the people around him, but his travels made him realize he could not always look at the world with rose-tinted glasses. Though he vowed to do his best to keep his morals and live in a way that would allow him to be able to help others when they needed it. Absently, he wondered how the village was doing now with the Kadabra and if they had worked a deal out...

He spent a good hour just exploring around the city and was at awe at all the sights that were new to him. One particular vendor he stared at for a good chunk of time at all the different kinds of wood they sold! The Woodcutter knew his woods well from years of experience, but some of the wood that showed up in this city had been like no other. The tropical woods were so strange to him, like the Narra and Chloroxylon hardwoods that were on display. The Narra wood had the scent of rose, and Hadrian was so awed by them that the vendor had noticed.

The vendor struck up a conversation with Hadrian about the wood, and once Hadrian told him he was a woodcutter, he told Hadrian about the hardwood he had never seen before. Surprisingly, the Narra hardwood was resistant to being eaten by bug-types, and that the wood also made very high grade furniture. Hadrian was so enthralled with the conversation and even though he did not buy anything, he promised the vendor he would look him up in Cypwater in the future and would be glad to talk about the wood - and maybe purchase small amounts as a keepsake.

Hadrian also managed to get directions from the friendly vendor to the place he wanted to find in the city - the local Harper's Passion Guild chapter. It took him a fair bit of time since he got lost twice along the way - but thankfully every time he asked someone, they were happy to point out which way he needed to go. Perhaps it was his demeanor or the fact he stuck out like a sore thumb in a busy city like this, Hadrian felt like maybe they were treating him like a tourist. Not that they were wrong... he did come for an adventure and to see the sights, but now he wanted to find some work and try to be a part of the guild.

He had used many of their benefits, but now he wanted to give back by becoming a handler that could help with the requests they got. The Schism had been the first time he worked with them, and the few missions he had he made friends he could rely on. So Hadrian hoped that he could not only do the job to get paid, but also to help others and make friendships if possible. It had taken quite a bit of lecturing from Brenna and Folia that he needed to be around other humans even if they appreciated how much time he spent with all his pokemon.

Once he finally managed to get to the building, he looked with awe at the Noctowl symbol on the roof of the building. The building was also quite large, and Hadrian wondered if he heard pokemon behind the building. Maybe it was a complex that sprawled inside the city? Of course he knew that the main headquarters in Seaway City was supposedly grander and larger than the building in front of him, but Hadrian thought it was the largest building he had seen in his life. There were all sorts of people moving in and out of the building, even some that looked shady but he did nothing to stop them. The guild was famous for being strictly neutral, and Hadrian knew that if he was going to be serious about committing to the guild, he would have to follow their rules.

Then again, such a stance was why he helped them during the Schism, and he never regretted doing such an action. He took a deep breath tinged with nervousness and excitement before he walked into the building. When he got a look inside, it appeared just as grand as it did outside, though he smiled on seeing all sorts of people and even pokemon around. Though at one point he politely apologized as he had stood around for a few moments and blocked part of the exit for one person and their Furfrou. Hadrian flushed slightly in embarrassment and felt out of place here, yet he just loved the welcoming atmosphere inside. There was even a little area where he could see people eating, drinking, and chatting with one another! Some people he could tell were members of the guild with necklaces and brooches with the guild's symbol on it, and even an older man who had his shirt open and displayed the guild tattoo on his chest.

Hadrian winced at the sight, while a tattoo looked neat, it must have been painful. He fished in his bag and took out a little medallion, something he had been awarded for becoming a honorary member back from the schism. The large woodcutter eyed the Noctowl Medallion before he gripped it in his hand and looked around for someone he could talk to about joining. After a few moments, he noticed a woman behind a counter not that far off from the entrance. She had darker skin and hair than Hadrian usually saw where he came from, and he stared for a few moments before wondering if she was a local. Hadrian passed by some people that noticed him and saw some surprised faces from the side. He wondered if it was because of his outfit, the fact he looked a bit lost, or even his general build and size that stood out greatly compared to the normal citizen of Harper.

The man wondered what they thought, and doubt creeped into his mind but he slowly steeled himself and moved forward towards the counter. Once he got up to the counter, he noticed the dark-skinned female look up to him. Hadrian could not tell if she was surprised or not by his appearance, for she had a good poker face when she looked up from whatever work she had been doing.

"Ah... Good day. My name is Hadrian Treefeller, I... I am here to become a full-fledged member of the guild if possible? I have the gold here... and this is my proof I became a honorary member after the Schism a while back. I hoped to sign up and maybe get a job... I finished my last one a couple weeks ago. I know I might not be the most experienced person, but I want to help out and prove myself! Could you uh... help a friendly woodcutter out here?" Hadrian asked. Normally Hadrian was confident in himself and his ability, but the whole day had finally come down on him and made him realize just how nervous he really was once he got to the counter.

His accent likely made him stand out more, and he hoped that the woman in front of him would be able to help him out. If she was willing to help him, Hadrian would be glad to give the 350 gold fee and he would ask if it was possible he could get an accessory to display the mark for the member. Hadrian would calm down greatly and feel more confident if the woman started to help him out, and he would feel safe in answering questions she might have if he had to answer any before he became a member.

-------------

OOC: Just wanted to say, I wanted to emphasize more in this post about HOW being in such a big city is rather exciting and tense for Hadrian. I'm sorry if it seems a little out of character, but I've always seen Hadrian as the country boy that is humble and a place like Cypwater would make him feel small and insignificant, despite his appearance! I'm sorry if I didn't put too much description, but I thought it sort of fitting with the whole theme that it would be a bit too much for Hadrian to take all in at once, and it would reflect in this post.

As you know, he's trying to renew his membership - though travels wise, he's trying to become a legit member for good http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png. (I'm also trying harder to get my post quality back up... feel free to let me know if there's any glaring issues or even minor issues I can improve upon please!

Please take 350g from Hadrian's profile and renew his membership please <3 He's also requesting an accessory to show proof he's a guild member, and if possible could it be a bracelet or an armband or something like that? He wears an amulet, so the necklace is not an option he'd want http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png

Also! Egg count is now at 4 (+1 extra due to his Magma ring, which boosts egg hatching!) The ring was obtained from the last Holiday event, so its benefit starts here!

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 12:48 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 1874

Characters:

[0.7 exp for you! Everything looked much better this time, much better flow! As discussed elsewhere, the Guild will take 650 gold for now (300 for last year's monthly fees plus 350 for the next year's) and we'll figure out the rest later. Also, this is being done out of order from the rest of the updates as a thank you for sticking with me - after this update, things go back to normal!]

Despite Hadrian's quite apparent awe of the area, he would find that everyone was surprisingly welcoming - perhaps scarily so, given his reception in other areas. Perhaps it was because it was such a large town, but more likely, he would suss out that it likely had to do something with a large amount of trade and the fact that it was a port city. It seemed like nothing could phase the locals, and those who weren't local - well. They stuck out just as much as Hadrian did, honestly, so at least he was entering the place on the same foot as they were.

In fact, perhaps that was why he wasn't being directly targeted by pickpockets just at the moment - or maybe, he just had enough awareness from being in the wilds to not be snuck up on? Well, whatever the reasoning behind it, when Hadrian reached the local Harper's Passion Guild - passing near the General Shoppe - he would find that he arrived with all of his items and gold and even all of his Pokemon. Considering how lost he had been, and how many times he had to ask for directions - well. Minor miracle, indeed!

"Ah, Hadrian Treefeller you say..." the host said from behind a counter, glancing up at Hadrian before turning to her records. She wasn't as tall as Hadrian, but not much shorter either - and as he had noted, she had a wonderful poker face. She stayed perfectly polite as she checked her records as quickly as she could, but soon enough a slight frown was seen on her face. "I'm sorry sir, there seems to have been a bit of a mix-up - you see, you paid your yearly dues or you got them waived, I'm not sure but...we also charge a monthly fee. We're terribly sorry - but in order to renew your services, we'll also have to take back-fees for the last year - it will end up being a total of 650 gold." She would glance up at him in apology, earnestly - as far as Hadrian would be able to tell, she was being completely honest.

As soon as Hadrian handed over the large chunk of gold, the host would soften just slightly and smile at him. She would dig behind the counter for a few moments, trying to find something or other - and hand him a little wristband with the symbol for the Guild on it. "Simply keep this visible, and be sure to show it at the Shoppe - you get a discount there, you know!" she would call out cheerfully, directing him on towards a mission board sort of thing set up against one of the walls. There was a bit of a crowd around it, peering at the available missions, as well as a somewhat harried-looking person to the side, keeping watch on all of the people there.

"Calm down, calm down - you know the drill! Harper's Passion Guild members only, show your symbol to claim a job!" they called out over the crowd, able to be heard mostly clearly despite the number of people harassing them over the board. They didn't seem to give Hadrian a second glance, but more because they were being harried than anything else - it would give him a clear couple of moments, at least, to take a look at the board.

Most of the stuff seemed like the typical day-to-day hustle and bustle that such boards usually carried - go catch this Pokemon for me, go gather this item for me, can you find my missing Pokemon for me. Simple stuff, easy enough to take if that's what he wanted - but three other missions caught his eye, each seeming to be something he just might be interested in. Maybe. Possibly.

Investigate the Isles of Mystery!
Come with us to the Pennant Isles to find out what mysteries they hold! If you make it back, keep what you find and receive a reward!

Catch That Troublemaker!
I'm not sure what it is, but there's something at my place that keeps making a mess and keeping me awake and night and I just need it to stop! Please help me! Generous reward given if you can just make it stop!

Missing Pokemon
Please, my Pokemon keeps disappearing every night! I must know where it is going any why, and if I can keep it from doing so - I haven't seen it for several days! Reward given upon completion!

Troublemaker's Paradise
A Pokemon keeps causing trouble on the beach just south of the city proper. Authorities don't believe me and won't send help, so I'm reaching out here - please, you've got to stop it before someone gets hurt! I can promise a big reward!

Each individual mission had a different look, but if Hadrian tried to reach for one, the person off to the side would call out and stop him. "Sir, sir! You've got to be a member of the Guild to take those!" It would take simply a flash of the new wristband to get them to back off, though they'd say a parting "Please only take one, they're in high demand right now!"

If Hadrian grabbed one, he would find an address to a location on the back of it. The first mission would lead to the southern docks - predictably so - while the second would lead to a house towards the northern side of town. The third would lead towards the western side of town, while the last would lead towards the beach on the eastern side of town.

Well. Now what?

[Feel free to describe Hadrian's journey toward whichever direction, but I've already got a decent idea for the place itself for each of these - I'll lead you in closer in the next post! If you'd rather do something else, feel free to just take another look - it's a dense board with piles of missions/jobs, there's bound to be others!]

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

| PM || Email |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Cypwater Point | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.