Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Leopold Prosper's Travels, Saladin
Moth
 Posted: Aug 19 2016, 12:56 AM
| Quote |

the Rain-loving Volcarona
Background Mods
Total Posts: 778
Member No. 33
Joined on 19-September 11.

Characters:
Alphaea Schneider, Apollo Schilde

Awards: 5

You know the drill~

They say you can't teach old dogs new tricks, but there was certainly life in this old dog yet. Along with the items and Pokemon intended to help Prosper in getting back to doing his duties--- was the information of the quest he was to fulfill, written upon a dried skin.

Guardian Prosper:

As you know, in the previous events that had become known as the Schism, we of the Guard had an alliance with the Church of Arceus. Now that the conflict is winding down, there have been less altercations between our faction and the others. Still, remnants of a magic-worshipping cult that we have disbanded seem to still be causing trouble for the local parish. Your mission is to investigate these allegations and put a stop to them as necessary.

It was early in the afternoon, just after midday. The autumn wind danced about in the streets, sweet with a little chill. The senior guardian now stood outside the Guard's headquarters in Fough Place. He could proceed to the Arcean Church immediately to gain information about what he was to do, or he could prepare by going to a nearby item shop, maybe even to the famed blacksmiths of the city, for weapons and armor. He could also catch Pokemon to bolster his forces, as he saw fit.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/434sunky.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
- loitering around

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/325spoink.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
- 'stealthily' following the stunky

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/353shuppet.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
- actually stealthily floating around a signpost, a bit hard to see

Or perhaps he could check up on the Pokeball his patron had given him, and what was inside it... or some combination of these. But before he could make a decision, a familiar face trotted up to him--- one of his students from just a while ago, the one he had praised.

She was a small woman with brown hair braided into a bun, and carried a crossbow as her weapon. She panted. "Sir Prosper! I'm glad I got to you in time." It was Katie--- Katherine Flounder, a junior Guardian. "They told me I was to assist you in your mission--- something about the Church and troublemakers?" Her enthusiasm was tempered with a shyness--- on one hand, she could be in a quest with a teacher she looked up to--- and on the other, it meant she might not measure up to his standards.

What shall the veteran do, now?

--------------------
| PM |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Aug 19 2016, 01:31 PM
| Quote |

The Sultan/Paladin of Salads
Background Mods
Total Posts: 549
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: 3

The older man eyed the information on the dried skin, though he did have to look at it a bit more closely just to double check. Prosper had no issues with the Church, so he wasn't concerned about that. What concerned him was that there were allegations of a cult causing trouble. While he would prefer to have a mission that would be easier to deal with to start with, he would do his best no matter what. At least it wasn't a mission that might be a lot of stress on his body. After making the decision to triple-check the note on the dried skin, he gave a deep sigh. As much as he hated getting old... he hated being complacent.

Though Florianne would likely be rather put out since he would likely miss dinner with her tonight, he had a job to do. The older man felt the breeze and unconsciously tightened his gloves so the chill wouldn't get to him. He looked around at Fough Place and mulled over his options. As much as he knew it might be best to go to the Church to immediately gain information, he needed to stop at a shop and get a crossbow. An adequate one, of course. It would not do to have a crossbow that would break or was made shoddily. Perhaps one of the famed blacksmiths of Fough was a person that could make a rather nice crossbow. He didn't mind the price, for it was important he have something to defend with in the worst case scenario.

Leopold eyed the pokeball in his hands and wondered what exactly it obtained. The egg would also be mysterious and not hatch for a while, so he wasn't too concerned with that. But before he made a decision, he heard a familiar voice. Leopold's usual stoic face softened into a smile as he saw Katie. He liked her as she was serious about the training and had the drive to go far. In a way, he was reminded of his own drive under his tutor all those years ago.

"Ah... Katie... a pleasure to have you with me. I am always glad to have help. Especially from a youthful lady like you with a good drive! Hohohoho!" Prosper laughed jovially. He eyed the younger woman and his expression softened further at seeing a bit of her shyness. "Please, do not fret. Here on this mission, we are allies. I may be a Senior Guardian, but I have also been out of active missions for a decade. There is much we can learn from each other, like I have told you in training. Every day brings something new to learn, and a new experience." He told the young woman with a kind voice, hoping to bring her confidence up.

"Here, this is our mission from our Lord." He said as he offered the dried skin to Katie. "Take your time reading it, and let me know if you find anything troubling or interesting about the request. Unfortunately as much as I would like to hasten and go to the church, I am not equipped with something to defend myself. Though I wish we lived in a world where a weapon would not be necessary... I must obtain a crossbow. Do you perhaps by chance know of someone in Fough, a blacksmith or fletcher that makes good crossbows and has bolts to accompany them? Better to be prepared than sorry in case this turns out to be worse than we thought." Prosper asked with a kind but serious tone.

When it came to doing missions, he was serious about doing them. A stray thought reminded him of the pokeball in his other hand, and thus he decided to open it. The item revealed a strange pokemon that Prosper was surprised by and had never seen. He had seen many pokemon in his life, but this strange brown/red/yellow pokemon that was fairly big in size was unfamiliar to him. He eyed the pokemon with a curious expression and nearly took a step back when the pokemon's tongue came out of its mouth and was on fire.

Oddly enough, he could hear its breathing coming out of... its tail? Such a strange and unusual pokemon here... he wondered what Lord Dodgson thought with this gift. Perhaps it was symbolism of the fact he was now coming back to work in a new era thanks to the Schism? Either way, he didn't know what exactly to think of the pokemon as it lazily looked at him and Katie with calculating eyes. The only thing he could tell was that it was a fire-type based on its tongue.

"Interesting... I must admit I do not know of your kind. A pleasure to meet you though... I am Leopold Prosper, and you were entrusted to me. I could use your assistance in this mission if you are willing. Though... Katie, do you know of this pokemon? I do not recall seeing it in the archives, or I may have glossed over it." He asked, wondering about the pokemon.

Said Heatmor just stared lazily at Prosper and flicked its flame tongue once more before shrugging at the man's question. He didn't mind at the moment, it wasn't like there were Durant around that he would undoubtedly make an effort to attack and devour its innards. He took a deep breath before eyeing the man who was apparently his new handler, waiting to see what would happen next.

"A quick question, fire-type. Do you have a gender or a preference so I can think of a name, unless you already have one?"

The Heatmor gave a lazy nod and pointed at Prosper, indicating he was a male instead of Katie. At the name though, the Heatmor shrugged its shoulders and blew a small stream of fire that dissipated in the air to indicate he did not have a name.

"Hmm... very well. I knew of a smith-warrior who wielded a fire weapon once named Kardol. I feel that is a name that would suit you... if that is your preference."

The newly named Kardol just gave a lazy shrug and nodded at the name. He liked the name enough.

So now with Prosper and Kardol having met each other.. he would wait to see if Katie knew of a blacksmith or a store he could go to to obtain a good crossbow. Then they would be able to go do their duty. Of course, the old man would be glad to speak to the younger Guardian if she had any questions for him or concerns. It always felt good to him to help the younger generations out, and he had enough patience to deal with them.

-------

Egg Count at 1!

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

Carni: Nothing is impossible as long as there's enough BS to cushion it.nough BS to cushion it.[/b][/i]
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 25 2016, 03:20 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1615
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

[[0.7 exp! And wow, the RNG likes Katie a lot!]]

"Oh, thank you so much, Sir!" Katie beamed from the compliment, and when Prosper offered her the skin with the mission on it, she nearly tore the skin in her eagerness to read about it. As she read, though, some of her enthusiasm seemed to ebb away. "I don't know much about the Church, but I know I have a cousin who's a nun not too far from here. We won't be hurting people, will we? And... we won't get hurt, right?"

She would shuffle nervously on her feet before recalling an important fact as Prosper met his pokemon. "Oh, that's right! I have a new pokemon too! May I take a look at my new partner?" Assuming Prosper said yes, she would excitedly tap the center of the ball to reveal a lileep. "Hi there," she said shyly as the fossil pokemon waved a tentacle in her direction. Not willing to miss an opportunity to learn more, she turned to Prosper before even introducing herself to her new pokemon: "Do you know anything about this pokemon?"

A blush would creep up her cheeks when she remembered she had a new pokecard as well, and soon she was engrossed in reading about her new pokemon. The lileep sat there, more or less still, and made no move to approach either of the humans. It seemed Katie had some work to do in befriending this one...

"So, what should we do first?" Katie asked, although she would take a moment to lean over and take a look at Prosper's new partner. "I don't suppose you've noticed, but... his tongue is on fire!" She said in a fearful voice, taking a gentle step back. The lileep looked over at Kardol curiously, and reached out a tentacle to poke its new associate or friend or whatever the fire-type was supposed to be. "I haven't seen one of these before, but it's... it's scaring me a bit, sir. I'm not great with fire." She looked embarrassed at this, as if her inability to pat the heatmor right now would sabotage the entire mission.

She was relieved when she remembered about his crossbow request. The smile returned to her face as she tried to be more helpful. "Oh, my uncle sells weapons, I'm sure he'll have some crossbows," she said before darting through the streets. Clearly on a mission to impress Prosper, she wouldn't rest until she was standing in front of a smithy with an irate-looking man out front. "Uncle Tim, my new patron wants to buy a crossbow! Oh, give him a nice one, won't you?"

Any hopes of a discount would be dashed when Tim hauled a crossbow from the back of the shop into the front and plunked it down on the counter. "Seven hundred for the crossbow. It may look basic, but it's solid. And I don't think you look like a man of frills, so I'll give it to you straight. No bells and whistles." Scratching his beard for a moment, he would turn around and bring out some boxes of bolts as well. "Two hundred gold for twenty-five bolts, and ordinarily it's four hundred for fifty, but if you're buying a crossbow I'll let you have the bow and fifty bolts for one thousand."

"You can't go any lower, Uncle?" Katie pleaded. She so badly wanted to look good...

The decision was Prosper's now - did he want to get involved in the family dialogue and buy the crossbow? And whether or not he did, he had to think of what would be the first step he took along the way to his mission. Tim was a no-nonsense man who might know something, but then again, he didn't seem too happy to have company...

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Aug 25 2016, 09:37 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

[OOC: Sorry for the confusion, but with Leopold Prosper I often switch between Leopold or Prosper when naming him - one or the other, essentially. He speaks of himself both ways, hence the reasoning behind it. If it is too confusing, I can try to stick to one name for clarity purposes. Hence, below in this post he is often referred to as Leopold or Prosper.]

Prosper eyed the younger guardian with some amusement at her eagerness, happy to see a positive attitude. She reminded him of how he was over half a lifetime ago, though she was far less arrogant than he had been. Pity he could have used more of her mindset back in the day, but he learned a great deal from his experience being a brash, hot-headed youth. Some of the scars on his body reminded him of that harsh truth that he hadn't been the... safest Guardian in his time.

"We shall attempt and try for a positive outcome, Katie. Just we also have to be careful in case things go badly, especially with how tense the aftermath of the Schism may be for many. Go right ahead and greet your new partner, take this time to learn who they are and forge a bond." He smiled as he watched her release an unusual pokemon. Though Prosper eyed it and faintly recalled seeing something like it in his reading once. Any further details though, he would not know as he wasn't exactly a pokemon expert despite his long-lived life.

"I believe it is a fossil pokemon... our Lord must trust you a great deal if he entrusted you with such a rare pokemon. Or perhaps he sees the potential that I saw in you too... I would not be surprised, as Lord Dodgson has struck me as a wise, kind and humble man who has experience in seeing potential in young people like you. Ah... I forget that we have these... pokecards." Prosper muttered, taking out his card.

Perhaps it was due to his older age or the fact he hadn't had to use one for a long while, but he was slightly embarrassed at forgetting he had one. So he eyed Kardol and looked at the information that came up. As he looked at the information about Heatmor, the type of pokemon Kardol was, he was rather pleased to see some of his hunches were correct.

"How interesting, so you are a Heatmor. You do breathe air through your tail and release it through fire from your mouth. No wonder your tongue is on fire. Hohoho... I did notice that Katie. No worries, I believe Kardol has no interest in scaring you or giving you trouble. I would just ask him if you felt like touching him, for I think he'd mostly be warm and you'd just want to avoid his tongue and tail." Prosper spoke with some amusement at Katie's reaction. He did try to assuage her embarrassment by giving her the offer to pet Kardol, provided the Heatmor did not mind.

The lazy-looking Heatmor eyed Prosper and gave a nod at the information stated about him before giving a shrug to Katie. He didn't mind if the female human touched him, as long as she didn't touch his mouth or tail. He eyed the Lileep nearby that poked him and just gave the fossil pokemon a lazy wave with his hand. It seemed to be his preferred way to greet others, and Prosper took note of it. The older man also recalled one interesting entry about Heatmor being natural predators of Durant, so he wondered how Kardol would react if they encountered one or a bunch. At the very least, it would be interesting to see if his pokemon had a larger reaction.

When he heard Katie speak about an uncle that sells weapons, Prosper eyed her curiously as she sped off. He looked at Kardol and the Lileep who seemed to be unfortunately left behind and gave a chuckle. Kardol gave him an amused look before shrugging when the older man eyed him for his opinion. He didn't know what the Lileep would do, but Prosper would try to make sure he kept Katie in sight - thankfully years of using a ranged weapon helped keep his eyesight great - while moving with Kardol and helping the Lileep along.

Hopefully the Lileep would come along despite it likely to be slow, and Prosper would end up finding Katie at a smithy. His eyes narrowed slightly as an rather annoyed looking man seemed to be at the front of the shop, but he would judge the man after seeing the goods. This man did not seem that warm of an uncle to his junior guardian, something that made Prosper frown. When he had the chance to see his nieces and nephews, Leopold would often dote on them even if he had issues with his own siblings. He would not be upset at children for the sins of their parents... it was unfair to them.

"Your uncle is simply offering at market price, do not fret Katie. He has a profession and has to make a living, after all. That said... I will have to hold off buying until I can examine this crossbow, if that is acceptable. I don't trust a crossbow until I've had the chance to examine it and feel it in my own hands. Firing is a different issue, but I have enough experience to tell if there will be a problem." Prosper asked.

It seemed like this... Uncle Tim obliged him and Prosper examined it gently. He eyed the stirrup and gently tugged it to make sure it wouldn't break before looking at the quality. The material of the wood was nothing special, an average make like the smithy said. The string was linen and well-waxed, so for an average bow it looked fairly good. A normal person would be satisfied with this bow, and it would likely be solid. Though he was no average person and would greatly prefer a better crossbow - perhaps one of those new steel-types that were unfortunately expensive - it would be a solid weapon.

The older veteran of the weapon mulled it over before gently placing the weapon back on the counter. "It's a fair price, for an average crossbow. Fifty bolts at that price is a solid deal to go with the weapon. Alas, I do not have that much money on me. Perhaps if I had the time to stop at my home, but I would likely come for a better quality crossbow if I did come back. As it is, I am short of the asking price by fifty. If we were not on a mission, I would have offered my services in making more crossbows or doing the processes such as waxing the strings in exchange for a discount. But I feel you aren't exactly in the best mood, sir." Prosper spoke, his voice laced with some authority and age.

He was not trying to pry, though he did wonder why the man seemed irate. "Is there something we could perhaps help with, in exchange for either a discount or a better quality crossbow? We may not have the time now, but I am willing to hear you out if you want to speak or help you out after this mission. Of course, I realize you are a busy man and may prefer that we leave, in which case I do not mind. Time is money for craftsmen, and I do not wish to waste any more of your time than necessary. Though if this is a familial issue with your niece here... I may be able to provide an outsider's opinion if you need one. I apologize if I seem impertinent, for I am merely an older man with a lot of patience." He spoke with some eloquence, a hint of his background coming to play. The older veteran would gently stroke his immaculately trimmed beard as he waited for a response.

Leopold did not like having to do this sometimes, but he was curious as to why there seemed to be some hostility. If the man was willing to drop the price or barter in exchange for some kind of service, Leopold would be interested in hearing it. Or if there was some kind of family issue going on, he would be glad to offer his own advice or at least be someone to listen. Though he disliked calling himself old, he knew sometimes he had to remind others that he did have some experience in certain matters. He unfortunately had experience with family issues... a sad frown came to his face as he thought about his own son who was somewhat estranged from him.

Though of course, he would be happy to thank the smithy for the offer and showing the weapon if the smithy wanted him to leave. If that scenario happened, Leopold was more than willing to leave and be on their way. Though he would be weaponless, he knew they had a mission to do. It would not be the first time in his life he had to do a mission without a stable weapon to use... he faintly recalled a time when he worked with three other guardians on a very dangerous mission and his crossbow broke partway through. That was not a pleasant experience, but it made him realize he would have to at least know some basic knowledge of fighting without a ranged weapon if necessary.

Nearby, Kardol would just be lazily looking around but he wisely would not release his flaming tongue in case he accidentally caused any sort of damage. The Heatmor would likely have tried to make sure the Lileep kept up and was comfortable, for it seemed the younger guardian had forgotten about her partner earlier. Not exactly a great first impression, though it amused the fire-type. Though he preferred to chill and relax, he at least respected his new handler's experience.

--------------

Egg count at 2.

TL:DR - Leopold is mostly poking in a bit to see what the issue is - if there is any, but if the smithy refuses to budge he will be heading off to do the mission with Katie without the crossbow unless the smithy provides a different deal.

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

Carni: Nothing is impossible as long as there's enough BS to cushion it.nough BS to cushion it.[/b][/i]
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Aug 29 2016, 08:05 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 414
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:
Artemis Froste, Tybalt Cromwell, Cadence Mansel

(0.7 Sorry if this seems rather...uh, uninteresting but the smithy at least does give it some amusement)

Katie blushed at Leopold's words about her potential, trying to point the conversation in a different direction. She became engrossed in the information her Pokecard gave her about the new Pokemon and then flustered at the offer to touch the fire type standing in front of her. With wide eyes, Katie reached toward the Heatmor with a shaky hand. But before she could move the apendage more than a few inches from her body, Katie retracted her hand and shook her hand furiously. "I just can't do it, sir. I thought I might since he agreed but...it's too scary for me."

And that would be the end of that discussion for the duo changed the topic to weapons and eventually ended up at Katie's uncle's shop with her encouraging the man to give the male Guardian more of a discount. She pouted some at Prosper when he excused her uncle's gruff behavior. She held her tongue for once, knowing that if she said what she wanted, the end result might not be something in her favor. Her dynamic and personality seemed to shift some once her uncle give a sharp look in her direction. It was almost as if she was a different person entirely now.

The smith had no problems with allowing the older man to examine the crossbow before purchasing it, if he did. Tim expected nothing less of someone like Prosper (for worse or for better). "No more of a discount than I am already giving, Katie. I have already handed out more discounts at the hands of you than I am comfortable with," the smithy said to his niece. Clearly there was tension between the two of them. The girl bit her lower lip and looked away from Tim. She was uncomfortable, shifting her weight between her feet every few seconds. Tim turned his attention back to Leopold and hummed at his offer for advice and work. "As for you... there is no piece of advice that you can offer right now. This is simply between my niece and I," Tim said to Prosper. His response was met with a grumble from Katie and a response from the salesman for her to speak louder.

She huffed before replying. "I said Father would have given him a discount and allowed him to help us out."

"Well your father isn't here to do that, now is he? It's me you got now so I'll do things my way." There was a silence that was only filled with the Lileep nudging its new handler reassuringly. The fossil Pokemon seemed to sense her distress and came to aid her immediately. The smithy then turned back to the Guardian.

"I can consider making a deal with you, however. You seem to be honorable since the Guard still has you around. I would agree to let you take the crossbow and bolts for nine hundred and fifty instead of the thousand in exchange for you returning back to me as soon as your mission is down with to work. I might even be able to knock off another hundred or two if the work is done properly." He stopped a moment to look over Prosper once again before speaking again. "And don't think I couldn't figure out your patron if you become a indebted to me by not returning." If Leopold couldn't tell by his tone, that was a promise from Tim and simply a threat.

Katie cleared her throat, offering her hand out shyly. "Or I could just give you the fifty gold pieces you are missing? Then my uncle wouldn't have to worry about you returning." So Prosper had a few choices here. Take Katie's offer, Uncle Tim's deal, or turn them both down until he could pay for it entirely on his own? But who know if Leopold would receive a deal like this from another seller. There was a tension between the two family members as well. Maybe he should consider that was well before making a choice about what he would do.

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Nov 8 2016, 05:04 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

[OOC: Just a side note to Arty if you ever read this or take this update - I actually found your post to be very, very interesting as it gave me a long pause as to think about how Leopold would react here. I envisioned perhaps... five different responses he could make, all within reason! It was very difficult to decide which one to go with. So due to that, your "uninteresting" post actually was very interesting! Thanks!]

--------------

Leopold eyed Katie when he heard her uncle's response in regards to discounts. That explained to some level the animosity in the uncle's glare to the girl, and Leopold gave a curious glance at the blacksmith in regards to the advice portion. There definitely was more to the story there, but Leopold was not sure he wanted to get involved. They were on a time frame for the mission, and he was beginning to think it would be prudent to just go on the mission and save his money for the moment. While he did want to be prepared, Leopold knew that he had more tricks up his sleeve than a crossbow.

Still... having something that he was very adept with was its own reassurance and had its own value. He contemplated the last offer the blacksmith made, but the grizzled veteran narrowed his eyes at the threat the man made. It was hard to annoy the older man, but the blacksmith's threat about his honor made Prosper's expression turn frosty. His blood boiled as that kind of threat would have likely made him act rashly in his younger days, but he withheld himself with the power of experience. It would not be the first, nor last time anyone ever made a threat to him or insulted his honor.

Katie's interruption made the older Guardian stop his glare and his expression softened at the offer she made. That was a more generous offer than he expected from her, and he was touched. However, it was a difficult choice he had present now. He could defend his honor and take the blacksmith's offer, for Prosper would fulfill his end of the bargain unless he died. Granted it was very unlikely he would die on a fresh mission so soon after coming off retirement, but you never knew. Otherwise, he could take Katie's offer and he would definitely try to find some way to repay the younger Guardian. He did have a couple of items he could offer her instead of repayment until they finished their mission, but then it would leave a bit of a sour taste in his mouth to take advantage of her kindness.

The grizzled man closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths while stroking his immaculately trimmed beard. Leopold swore that he could hear an amused rumble from the Heatmor that was nearby as he mulled his options. When he opened his eyes again he eyed his partner for any kind of suggestion, but his only response was a lazy shrug from the Heatmor. Not a very helpful answer, but it amused Prosper and made him think. Perhaps he was overthinking this situation... there was a perfectly valid third option.

"Hohoho... thank you Kardol. Mister Blacksmith, I apologize but I believe I will decline your generous offer. Not that I would not fulfill my end of the bargain, but that I cannot afford to waste any further time stuck in this familial impasse. Perhaps another time I will be glad to offer my services if I do not have enough gold on hand when I am in the area in exchange for something. Guardian Katie, let us go resume our mission. The time to get a weapon for me is later, and we cannot delay our response lest our patron be displeased with us. Even if it may be difficult to displease him due to his generous and kind nature." Leopold spoke with a senior, authoritative tone to Katie.

He subtly gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder to remind her to leave the shop, and as he was on his way out he paused to speak one last time to her uncle.

"Ser, a word of advice. Sometimes it is best to try to work things out with family... though I do not know nor do I care what the issue is between you two. I know from experience with my own family." Leopold said with a pensive expression on his face. Though he quickly turned back and faced the man with a challenging eye.

"I may be old, but a man is only as good as his word. Were I a lesser man, I would have taken insult to what you insinuated, good ser. Even if I have not worked in this city, my patron knows I keep my word and I would have told him I owed you before working on another mission. I understand your qualms with making such a promise were it to be a younger or shiftier person... but do not take me for a whelp or liar. Have a nice day ser blacksmith, and thank you for allowing me to view the merchandise. I think I shall look upon the higher quality items sometime in the future just so I can get a more accurate gauge of your skill in the craft." Prosper spoke, a polite nod to the blacksmith.

He knew the blacksmith would likely get the implied threat in his tone, but he hoped the man understood the genuine tone he took at the end. Regardless of his... rudeness and insult, Leopold was still very impressed with the quality of the work. He could tolerate any further rudeness in the future, though he was holding back from any kind of insult towards the man. Best to not insult, but rather just show how you did not appreciate being insulted and give them a nice farewell.

The Heatmor was amused by the interaction, but eyed the blacksmith warily in case the man took an action. Kardol doubted the man would take hostile action since his trainer didn't seem to want to make a hostile situation, but you never knew. Then again, the lazy Heatmor shrugged and followed after his partner. Once they were outside, provided the Blacksmith did not stop Prosper from leaving for whatever reason, Leopold would turn to Katie if she had taken his cue to head out.

"Sigh... how inconvenient, but do not blame yourself Katie. You were generous, perhaps too generous, but I appreciate it. I do not wish to be in debt to anyone while we have a mission to do though... so let us be off. Even though I know where we have to go... do you mind guiding the way for me? I'm afraid that I still do not know how to navigate these streets well. Oh, and don't forget your partner young one. I don't think it is very fast or capable of keeping up with us easily..." Prosper spoke with a softer tone than he did inside the shop. He tried to reassure Katie if she felt upset over what happened in the shop, and gently reminded her about her pokemon as he noticed Kardol escorting the slow-moving Lileep earlier when she forgot in her haste.

----------

Egg Count at 3.

This was difficult for me to decide, but I felt Leopold would be too offended at the threat the Blacksmith made to take the offer at that point and felt like this would be how he would respond in the situation.

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 11:21 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

[[OOC: I shared your comment with Arty and she was glad to hear it! You get 0.7 EXP for this update.]]

The blacksmith grunted annoyedly at Prosper before muttering under his breath, "And that's why you don't make deals."

"I'll see you later, Uncle...?" Katie said softly, and the way she turned around immediately made it clear that she wasn't expecting a response. There was clearly something going on with the pair of them, but there was no way for Prosper to know what it was without asking Katie.

If Tim said anything else, neither of them would hear it; Katie would follow Prosper obediently and listen to his words, but she would still shake her head. "There was more I could have done... and oh, you're right! I nearly forgot about poor Lileep!" She turned around and saw Kardol helping the fossil pokemon catch up. "Your pokemon is scary, but kind," she said softly, but quickly changed gears.

"I can lead you around here, no problem!" She seemed pleased to be given a task, and quickly gave Prosper some choices. "To the east, we'll find some more merchants if you're still looking for a crossbow. Or we could keep going and take the left fork and find the general store. The clerks there are usually very kind. Or we could go to the church closest to the center of town; they might know more details about this group."

While it was unclear whether Katie knew anything about the group, it might be hard to get answers from average citizens. Or would it be? The group could have been very publicly active during the Schism, which wasn't too long ago. The local church could be a good stop, but he didn't have to head there immediately - or at all. He could return to the base and ask the Guardians for more information, or he could inquire about other, smaller churches. Fough Place likely had many, and each could prove to be a valuable source of information.

Either way, it looked like Prosper would need to get some more information on his mission. If he had a better idea of a place to look, he was of course free to ask Katie about it. She was more than pleased to be his guide, and although she would make extra sure to walk more slowly to let her new partner catch up to her, it likely wouldn't take too long to get to their destination, wherever it may be.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 06:47 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

"Hohohoho! Perhaps so, but best not to make a situation more ugly than it already is. A shame he was a bit rude, I did not mind giving business. I could have possibly parted with a few items in exchange... ah well." Prosper laughed, giving Katie an amused glance as she noticed she forgot her Lileep once again. Kardol looked amused like his handler as he escorted the slow-moving fossil. Leopold gave a chuckle at the comment regarding his pokemon, but held no ill will against the young woman. He doubted the Heatmor would care, knowing that it looked rather strange compared to other pokemon.

The older man paused as he mulled over the options Katie said. There was still an option to find a merchant who would be friendlier that would sell a crossbow, but Leopold knew it was not entirely necessary at the moment. A general store could sell some useful supplies... but the same issue applied here as it might waste time. When Katie spoke about the church, he knew that heading there was the best decision to take at this point.

"Yes... the local parish sounds like a good stop. We are trying to learn of the allegations, and even if this local chapter might not have the information we want, there was a request from the parish. Granted there are many churches in this city... but let us stop at the one you mentioned. At the very least, perhaps they might be able to point us in the right direction." Leopold spoke.

He stared at Kardol for a few moments, before deciding to ask the Heatmor. "Kardol... if you wish to go back into your pokeball at any moment, do let me know. I presume that you are comfortable walking around for the moment?"

The Heatmor gave him a lazy stare before giving a shrug, not caring one way or another. To Leopold, that was an answer he was satisfied with and thus kept Kardol out of his pokeball. Another pair of eyes would be handy to have, even if they might not do much.

"Well then Katie, mind being a dear and guiding me to the church you mentioned? As much as I would like to peruse the stores, I shall wait until after we have completed our mission and gained some free time. You are more than welcome to accompany me around that time as my guide if you wish." The older man spoke with a faint smile. He motioned for Katie to lead the way, and was perfectly happy to go at the pace she set so her Lileep would not be left behind... even if Kardol was fine with escorting the Lileep.

-----------

Egg count at 4! (Not a lot happened this post, but Leopold is more of a person to be focused on doing his job first over personal stuff like getting items.)

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Arty
 Posted: Nov 23 2016, 10:28 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 414
Member No. 1059
Joined on 21-June 13.

Characters:
Artemis Froste, Tybalt Cromwell, Cadence Mansel

(0.7 EXP I am very glad I gave you something to think about with my last post by the way. It made my day when I heard it. I apologize for the lack in length for this post.)

Katie smiled before walking toward the parish closest to the center, right alongside her Lileep to make sure it wasn't left behind. She wouldn't say much, more focused on making sure her Pokemon was still next to her. Katie, at the least, learned from her mishaps. The walk took longer than it should have though, since the group was moving at a Lileep's pace. Slow and steady. Katie didn't mind and it seemed that Leopold and Kardol didn't mind either, which made the young girl happy.

Eventually, the group of four came upon the building they had aimed for. It was a bustling building with people going in and out, presumably for the reasons one would visit a church. There were some that didn't leave though, the clergy that served the parish for a living. A few of the church employees were outside, greeting those that were going to enter, thanking those that left and answered questions of the curious passerbys. "I think talking to one of the church people out front is a good idea."

Without another word, she walked directly up toward one of them with her Lileep next to her...assuming Leopold would follow. "Excuse me sir. We have some questions for you, if you don't mind." The man she approached was mostly bald, older man with a full face of scruffy gray facial hair. He turned to her with a small smile and a twinkle in his eyes. He looked over their appearances before nodding his head.

"Of course, I will do my best to answers whatever questions you may have for me. What can I do for you, Guardians?" he said softly.

"We heard that there are some people causing trouble at one of the parishes and were sent to help out."

"Unfortunately, I'm not certain I understand what you are asking me," he said, shaking his head slowly. Katie sighed. What else could she ask? That was all she knew about this situation.

"Maybe my partner could give more information." With that, the job of asking for information was passed-- well dropped rather -- into Leopold's lap. What would he say, or not say, to ask this man about their mission? Is he even the one to ask? Leopold could ask to talk to someone with a higher rank in the church if he felt that his man wasn't the one to ask. What would he do?

--------------------

Cadence Mansel

All Characters
| PM |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 02:43 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

[OOC: A post is a post, don't worry about length. http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/1.png and I'm glad you were happy to hear about my comment! That post was one of the most challenging I've had to make a decision for, so kudos!)

Leopold eyed the surroundings as they walked, noting that Katie seemed to be comfortable with the silence. While he couldn't decipher anything of note, he kept locations of buildings he walked by just in case. If there was some kind of cult going on, odds are they would likely be in the area rather than outside of the city. Unfortunately he couldn't tell anything different about these. Despite taking residence as a tutor in the barracks the past few months, Leopold was not familiar with Fough Place. A part of him missed Dedrius and its wooded forests, rather than the iron and steel that was ever-present in this city. Even the smell was different, as he could barely go by a street without smelling a forge. It sickened him a little bit due to the number of years he had around nature, but he endured it.

This city was better for his children, being close to their other family members even if Leopold still had issues with his own siblings. Idly he wondered how his dear Florianne was doing in her classes, though he had a suspicion she was likely giving the teacher some trouble, being the fiery young lady she was. Leopold wondered if he would have any issues fending off suitors for her, considering how stubborn and strong she was. He gave a hum at recalling that it was going to be her birthday soon, and how he would have to find a good present for her. The little baby pokemon he obtained could be good... she was temperamental but had a fiery spirit, like his daughter.

Yes... perhaps that could be it, though whether his daughter was ready for the responsibility or not was another matter altogether. Leopold was so wrapped in his musings that he didn't realize they arrived at the church until Kardol gave him a poke. The Heatmor was looking at him with what Leopold deemed mild amusement, and Leopold just gave him a chuckle.

"Don't mind me Kardol, old men like me get lost in deep thought. Thank you for alerting me though."

Said Heatmor gave a lazy shrug of acknowledgment and followed after Leopold. Katie had gone ahead before Leopold could respond, and she asked one of the church employees who was outside. Leopold gave a polite bow to the old man, knowing it was best to give a good first impression when someone started on pleasant terms. The rude blacksmith was an exception, and Leopold would tolerate rudeness to a certain point before he was finished with conversation.

Leopold held back a sigh at how broad Katie made her question. While he understood not giving full disclosure in a place where people were walking by and could listen, she needed to give more information than that to get an adequate response. He eyed Katie when she passed on the information gathering to him, and he decided to speak to the man.

"Firstly, a good afternoon to you. I am Guardian Prosper, and we need some assistance. We were asked by a local church that seems to be having issues with a group that may or may not be using... magic." Leopold spoke the last word softly, not wanting to cause any kind of panic. He did not know who might be listening in, and he didn't want to alarm the old man either. "Now, we don't know for certain if that is the case, but we are trying to figure out if this is the right place. Forgive me as I am still getting adjusted to this city, so I do not know the locations of the parishes." He told the older man.

Sometimes it paid to give a bit of honesty, even if he was not giving the full details of the mission.

"If you do not know, I thank you for your help anyway and ask if you know someone we could possibly speak to that may know of this matter. Or if we are in the wrong place, kindly point us in the correct direction. We just want to make sure everything is all right, as we are all healing after recent events. Sometimes we old men have to help these youngsters out, as I'm sure you know!" Leopold gave the older man a sly wink, though he would not be offended if the man didn't agree or like what he said. If the man was offended, Leopold would give an apology and say it was a habit for him to crack jokes about his age.

Either way, he would wait for the older man in front of him to respond before doing anything else. Behind him, his Heatmor would just lazily look around at the surroundings with a disinterested but wary look. Despite being a rather laid-back being, Kardol preferred to be alert just in case.

-------------------

A note - I have 6 egg counts from PCR that were redeemed, so I am splitting them evenly between the two eggs I have. 3 for the main egg which I have no clue what type, and the other 3 for the Ducklett egg.

Egg count at... 5 + 3 = 8 for the first egg.
Ducklett Egg count started at 2, so is now 1+3 = 6 Egg Counts.

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
August
 Posted: Dec 8 2016, 01:31 PM
| Quote |

Tribal Rebel
Background Mods
Total Posts: 100
Member No. 779
Joined on 5-January 13.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: 1

[.7!]

"Indeed!" Referencing Leopold's attempt at humor, only grinning slightly, then turning his wizened gaze onto Katie as he followed up with, "The young would always be wise to at least consider the words of their elders." A short chuckle for a pause, "Can't tell them that, though." A sly wink in return. Perhaps this old man had a fondness for jokes, after all.

"As for your query, I am not the head man here. I will have the man you need fetched." He turned to his side, where a younger man dressed in the garments of the clergy stood chatting with others. "James?" The young man was quick to give his attention to his elder, eyebrows raised, "Yes?"

"Fetch Robert for us, please." The young man gave a quick glance to the two Guardians, then nodded respectfully to the older man,

"Yes, Sir."

It was a shorter wait than anyone could have expected. He must have been just inside.

"Leonard." The man that appeared nodded towards the one that the two Guardians had approached originally. "Glad to see you've arrived, finally." Robert looked at Leopold with sharp green eyes, barely seeming to notice that he had a companion of any kind. He was a the eldest of the three of them, definitely, with a face marked with lines indicating that he was indeed almost always smiling, as he was now.

Now, all three of the clergymen were fixated on Leopold and Katie, but Katie would swear she felt a fourth pair of eyes on them from somewhere. Only James, perhaps Leopold, would notice that Katie looked over her shoulder curiously, scanning the crowd around them for only a moment. James said nothing, and would say nothing, thinking nothing of it, but took the opportunity to the eye the young girl up and down.

"We've been plagued by troublemakers of the...arcane variety, as you heard." He too, whispered wisely, just barely loud enough to get that panic-stirring word to its intended ears.

Katie looked suddenly thoughtful, words and thoughts accumulating in her mouth and threatening to spill out. She didn't want to say anything, though, knowing she was likely just being paranoid, but she couldn't hide her failure to stay paying attention to the conversation at hand, and snapped back to attention while Father Robert was mid-sentence.

"They have been sabotaging us, spying on us. I fear they are planning something, but I haven't the slightest clue what it might be."

"Or why they're planning anything at all." An afterthought. He coughed shortly to clear his throat and continued, "I know for certain that they have been dirtying our water by way of..." He expressed with his eyes and mouth as if to say, 'you know what'.

"Come to think of it, I've noticed our plants are dying, even though Mary has been vigilantly watering them all, as always." Leonard added.

"And I noticed that our guard pokemon have been more lax at night. Sometimes found sleeping, recently." James put in as well.

"We can't have such problems plaguing us. Life is hard enough as it is, recovering from recent events. Will you help find the root of this problem, err...what was your name?" Robert looked on curiously, looking slightly embarrassed that he had forgotten proper introductions in his haste.

Katie looked over her shoulder again, unable to shake off the previous feeling. This time, she found what she believed she was looking for. Nearby, a Shuppet was floating between cover, looking as though it was trying to not be seen. Hadn't she seen it earlier? Was it coincidence? Before she could point it out, it was hidden again, though she had made eye contact with the thing.

Would Leopold bother asking what she was concerned about, or would he just get started on the task at hand? She would just keep an eye out for any further suspicious activity.

---------------

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/353shuppet.png http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif

Still floating around near them, barely noticed by Katie but now nowhere to be seen.

[If you have any questions or if you need something more to go on, let me know http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/8.png Hope you enjoy this direction http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/7.png ]

--------------------

user posted image
Sig by me! Click for Profile!
Skye's Travels ~ Goals ~ GFX Shop
Angelica's Travels ~ Angelica Elsworth
"There it must be, I think, in the vast and eternal laws of matter, and not in the daily cares and sins and troubles of men, that whatever is more than animal within us must find its solace and its hope. I hope, or I could not live."
-The Island of Doctor Moreau
| PM |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Dec 10 2016, 09:08 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

Leopold gave a knowing smirk at the older man, and he couldn't help but chuckle at the man's response. His mirthful smile told the old man all he needed to know about what he thought about the man's words. Maybe after everything was done, he'd try to recall this man and see about getting a nice drink with him. Either way, he was glad that his questioning got them somewhere. The older guardian made a note to try to tell Katie that she needed to give enough information about the job, but not enough to alert anyone who might be doing some kind of suspicious activity. Ah well, it would have to be later as he wouldn't chide her while on duty.

The guardian waited politely as the man called another person and asked to fetch someone. Which was reassuring, that there was indeed someone they could speak to in this place. Leopold was about to gently speak to Katie during the wait, though he was pleasantly surprised when the man they were expecting to meet came out. Either it was coincidental or fortunate he was there right away, but Leopold wouldn't look a gift Rapidash in the mouth. At least he got the names of the two men, Leonard and Robert which he made a mental note to remember for the near future.

Leopold gave a respectful bow to the man named Robert, before giving a quick introduction. "Guardian Prosper here to investigate, along with Guardian Katie." He added Katie at the end for it slipped his mind to ask her what her last name was and just so that the man they spoke to knew there were two Guardians present. Numbers sometimes helped people for a better opinion, Leopold noted. Not always, but it usually did not hurt.

With that, he felt comfortable about getting into business and waited for the man to speak further. As Leopold listened to the man, his eyes briefly noticed Katie peer away and he held back a frown. What was she looking at? He would have to question her once there was an opportunity, for it was very impolite to look away from the person you got a request from. Leopold gave a nod to Robert and peered at Katie momentarily when she looked like she was about to say something.

What the man said next along with what the men chimed in made Leopold gaze in suspicion. Not at the men themselves, but at what was said. That... was strange, but why would any mage remnant go for such things?

"Leopold Prosper, at your service. I hope you do not mind if I ask you a couple more questions, for I just want to paint a bigger picture. You mentioned the plants dying... any evidence of poison or strange fluids around the plants? What kind of plants are they? Are they of any particular importance, or just regular plants that you all have and that this Mary waters?" Leopold asked, pausing at the end to allow them to answer before resuming his questioning.

"Is Mary a person who has been here for a while? Has she been doing the watering for a while now? Forgive me as I am not accusing Mary, I just want to make sure. You... James correct?" Leopold asked the young man, before giving him a question. "You mentioned pokemon fell asleep... did they eat before going to guard? If they fell asleep, either something is hypnotizing them or something is making them sluggish somehow, likely with their food. Either way, it is worrisome no matter what the case is."

"Lastly... again, forgive the constant questioning - how have they been dirtying the water? That is probably the most dangerous of the three things I heard... has anyone gotten sick from the water other than the plants? I'm concerned that everything seems to be a potential poison type to deal with... and something that could possibly hypnotize..." Leopold muttered as he waited for them to respond.

As he looked over at Katie and saw how she wasn't exactly paying attention he leveled her a hard gaze and spoke quietly to her. "What's got your eye that's keeping you away from the job, Katie?" Leopold asked with an authoritative tone to his voice. He wasn't exactly pleased with her not paying attention, but his eyes had a hint of curiosity. The older Guardian would wait to hear what Katie said before taking any action to scold her though, for it had to be something important to distract her strongly.

Nearby, Kardol gave a suspicious gaze to Katie and looked around the surroundings for what could have caught her eye, but saw nothing. The normally-lazy Heatmor started quietly puffing, as if ready to fire at something that could appear with ill intentions. He felt like there was something strange going on nearby, but saw nothing where Katie looked at. The Heatmor eyed the place before shrugging, not caring about it after a few moments. Unless it was a Durant, Kardol knew he wasn't that helpful on sensory detection. His favorite prey was different as like all Heatmor, he was instinctively good at finding and identifying their sounds and presence.

-----------------

Egg count at 9 for the first egg, and 7 for the Ducklett Egg!

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
August
 Posted: Dec 19 2016, 04:21 PM
| Quote |

Tribal Rebel
Background Mods
Total Posts: 100
Member No. 779
Joined on 5-January 13.

Characters:
N/A

Awards: 1

[.7!]

The three men were fully engaged in the questioning, not bothered by the distraction Katie provided. They focused intently, listening to each question and answering appropriately.

At his first question, Robert looked apologetic and somewhat embarrassed. He rubbed the back of his head and answered, "We uh...we didn't really check for anything like that. We aren't much the investigative type, and we already have so much to attend to. You understand. As for importance, they vary: some are herbs and spices. Some are just flowers, gorgeous though they are. We use those as gifts for locals." Robert hesitated, but he followed up quickly, "If you would like to see for yourself, I can have James show you wherever you would like around the building." James nodded politely, showing he was happy to do so.

Leonard spoke up at the mention of Mary, a hint of defensiveness in his tone, "Mary has been with us for years. I can't remember just how long but at least for four years or so now..." He looked up into his head, trying to find some information or craft an argument. It was hard to say. "She's got a green thumb. If anything, she's the only reason the plants were ever doing well in the first place. When we were doing it all before, the garden was a fraction of the size and in far worse shape." Robert and James nodded in sage agreement, vouching for the statements.

James perked up at the mention of his name and looked intently into Leopold's eyes. He stammered over his words as he tried to explain his answer. He suddenly wished he had prepared a response, fumbling over his words as he was, "Th-the...uh...guard 'mons always eat before they start their shifts. I don't know what's happening," He shrugged at the mention of possible reasons behind it, "But I think that's why they've had an easy time sabotaging the rest. I imagine if that can be stopped, the rest will also cease."

Robert was back to answering once the question of the water came up. He nodded, prompting the other two to nod along with him as he spoke, "Indeed. It is my biggest concern as well. We have managed to get around it for the most part, but not before we had to find out about it the hard way. Sister Geraldine and her Phanpy both drank from the water and have been sick since. They are stable now but I fear that you are probably right, Guardian Prosper. Poison is likely the culprit, though I am not sure that I have any idea what kind. Some local Healers are seeing to them now, if you would like to speak with them for more information."

The three men now looked ready to jump into action at any moment. They were hanging on Leopold's words as he addressed Katie, and then they all looked to her for a response.

Katie suddenly looked very sheepish, stammering over her words as she tried to answer with confidence she simply couldn't muster.

"Oh! I saw a...uh, well. I thought I saw something over there...It looked like a Shuppet, and I only caught a glimpse of it, but it's gone now." She faded off, and then realized everyone was watching her intently and blushed hard. She looked down and turned to face only Leopold, and stood on the tips of her toes to get her mouth closer to his ear, whispering so as not to feel foolish in front of everyone, "I felt like we were being watched, and I noticed the same Shuppet earlier before we left..." She relaxed back onto her heels and bowed her head before him, "My apologies, Sir. I should have been focused on the conversation at hand." A statement that rang especially true when she realized that she had not really heard much of what was said, distracted as she was with her thoughts.

Where would Leopold start? With Mary? Investigating the plants or the church grounds? Investigating the water or the guard Pokemon?

--------------------

user posted image
Sig by me! Click for Profile!
Skye's Travels ~ Goals ~ GFX Shop
Angelica's Travels ~ Angelica Elsworth
"There it must be, I think, in the vast and eternal laws of matter, and not in the daily cares and sins and troubles of men, that whatever is more than animal within us must find its solace and its hope. I hope, or I could not live."
-The Island of Doctor Moreau
| PM |
^
Saladin
 Posted: Dec 21 2016, 09:10 PM
| Quote |

Background Mods
Member No. 2008
Joined on 21-June 15.

Characters:
N/A

The older guardian gave a resigned sigh at Robert's words, but held his voice until his questions were answered. He could not blame them for not really checking for stuff, since they were civilians. It was astonishing to Leopold how people could have a lack of oversight over common stuff or something that could be remedied by a simple check. Though for now, he listened to all of the information spoken so he could make a decision from there on. Leopold gave a quiet nod at the fact they had a lot of duties to attend - working for the church was not a lazy job even if some of his fellow guardians had said otherwise in the past.

He kept in mind the offer to be escorted around the building as he listened to Leonard defend Mary. Leopold was tempted to cut in but knew it would be impolite to do so at the moment, letting the man defend the woman he asked about. The time frame was quite long, and it was very unlikely someone who had been here for a few years would go for a long con. It just wouldn't be worth it in a location like this local parish, Leopold mused. Though it was interesting to know that Mary was the reason for the plants doing well, but he knew that sometimes things like that weren't magic. Mary could very well just have good knowledge of plants or a natural affinity for them, and so the older guardian could not be hasty in assuming she was a mage. The possibility would not be struck from his mind though...

James gave an answer that made Leopold feel better about his assumption - if the guard pokemon were eating before their shift, the first culprit would be to check their food for why they fell asleep on the job. Leopold hoped that they would either check the food or see about the guard pokemon getting their food in a different manner. However, he was glad when he finally got some answers about the biggest problem - the water. He was saddened to hear that two beings got sick from the water, but made up his mind to go and investigate that. Leopold was no healer, but it helped to know what kind of ailments they were suffering from and to hear what the healers thought in order to investigate further.

Leopold gave Katie a critical eye as she spoke, though as he was about to turn and address the parish people, she whispered in his ear. The older man gave her a curious gaze and stared at her for a few moments before giving her a nod when she apologized.

"Hmm... I have more questions, but I think it would be best if we go and see the healer. We would be glad to check the building afterwards, but I would like to see how this Sister Geraldine and her Phanpy are doing. Knowing what they are suffering from or the symptoms may help, even if I am no healer myself. I have seen men and women suffer from all sorts of illnesses while out in the field, so maybe I might see something familiar. I can hold no promise, but it is a start. Though James, perhaps it may be a good idea to either check the guard pokemons' food or change it up to see how it works for them? Just to be on the safe side, if it is not too difficult for the parish to do so." Leopold spoke to the three men as he waited for someone to guide him and Katie towards where Sister Geraldine and her Phanpy were.

If they moved promptly without having to speak further, Leopold would move to speak to Katie quietly. To the others that might look in his direction as he quietly spoke to Katie, it would look like he was scolding her with how he had an irritated look on his face. "Are you sure? If it was the same pokemon, that is very suspicious. Keep a notice and let me know if you happen to see it again. A pity we do not have a dark or psychic type here to detect it further, but we will have to make do. Still, keep up with the conversation as much as you can, there might be things you notice or detect that I do not. Two heads are better than one most of the time..."

After saying his words and waiting for a possible response from Katie, he would wonder about one thing that was bugging him. Just what was it that was valuable to here that would cause it to go under attack? If it was a grudge, that was harder to resolve but if there was something valuable here... that made the attacks under a different light. Leopold would try to get further information before asking that question, just to be sure of his curiosity. Kardol would follow after Leopold and stare lazily at the sights around them, though he would keep an eye out for whatever might be suspicious. If Katie saw something, that made the Heatmor wonder what was out there...

------------

Egg count at 10 for the first egg, and 8 for the Ducklett Egg!

--------------------
Hadrian Treefeller

Leopold Prosper

Bain Njordsonar Cale

PCR

QUOTE BOX:

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Jan 6 2017, 10:27 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Member No. 1923

Characters:

[[0.7 EXP!]]

"James can take them to see her," Robert spoke first, before turning to Leopold to explain his rationale. "Sister Geraldine isn't up to all of us coming at once, and I don't want to make her nervous. In the meantime, I’ll check up on the guard pokemons’ food supply."

"I can try to find Mary if you need to talk to her afterwards," Leonard added, then left with a quick bow.

With Leonard gone to find Mary, and Robert gone to check up on the guard pokemon, Katie and Prosper were left with James, who soon took off down the hallway to the right, passing several closed doors. "These doors lead to some of the private prayer rooms and dormitories," he said hesitantly, still sounding nervous to be alone with the two Guardians.

James soon started to walk farther ahead, leaving room for Prosper and Katie to have a conversation. “I think it was the same one – it had the same look in its eyes, and it looked right at me before it disappeared,” Katie said in a soft voice. Whether she didn’t want to disturb people at prayer or she was still embarrassed for being called out on her inattention was unclear. “I’ll try to look for it again, but I don’t want to not notice things I need to know or miss the conversation with the healer… how would you prioritize my looking for it?” she asked. She would follow Prosper’s instructions, although there was no guarantee she would be able to find the shuppet again even if she did look for it.

After traversing several more hallways where James pointed out landmark plaques meant to represent the plates rumored to give Arceus even more power, they arrived at a room that smelled strongly of incense. “She should be in here,” James said, and knocked on the door several times.

“Excuse me, our patients need rest,” said a rather harried-looking man who opened the door. He wore long white robes that were dotted with a variety of old-looking stains, and his blonde hair was bound loosely in a ponytail that brushed the nape of his neck.

“W…we need to see Sister Geraldine,” James said.

“Who is ‘we,’ exactly?”

“Guardian Katie, and this is Guardian Prosper. We’re here to help, but we have some questions for Sister Geraldine if she’s feeling well enough to see us,” Katie blurted out. She looked over at Prosper, unsure whether she was supposed to have answered the question, but her eagerness to prove herself after her slight problem before was clearly showing.

The healer raised an eyebrow, looking curiously from James to the two Guardians before he sighed. “Second bed on the left, the one with the curtain. Be quick, and don’t bother any of the other patients. They need rest.” He swung the door open and stood aside, letting the three people pass.

“He’s not… usually like that,” James whispered to Prosper. “Maybe all the patients have been giving him more stress than usual…” The room was indeed filled with patients, some of whom merely laid in their beds staring up at the ceiling, others who sat up in their cots, drinking medicine or having whispered conversations with each other. Some of the beds had tartan curtains around them that looked like blankets, and it was one of these that James slowly pulled back before giving Prosper and Katie some time to talk with the person inside.

On the cot lay a very old woman, or at least she seemed old and small surrounded by heaps of blankets. She was propped up with pillows, and leaned into them so heavily that it seemed she would not have been able to sit without their assistance. “Come closer,” she rasped. Katie moved first, taking a few steps towards the bed. “If it’s not any trouble, can you please let me know where my darling Noodles is?”

There were no pokemon on the bed, and aside from a pair of chansey that roamed from patient to patient, there were no easily visible pokemon in the room at all. Katie’s eyes widened as she looked up at Prosper, not knowing what to say next. The woman seemed nice, but would she be cooperative without Noodles – whoever or whatever Noodles was – by her side? Prosper would have to carefully consider his interactions with the stable, yet still weak, woman to maximize his information gain – if that was truly his goal.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Fough Place | Next Newest »

| Options |Pages: (3) 1 2 3  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
War Is Brewing
PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online a resource community BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Kaleidoscope deep in the meadow {warriors}

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.