Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Closed || New Topic || New Poll |

Made of Steel, Dionisia Bosc and Lilith Fauve
Korosensei
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 09:11 PM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1614
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Awards: 5

Dionisia Bosc, Level 7

Lilith Fauve, Level 9

Prompt:

Title: To Arms!
Description: Business in Fough Place is booming as countless orders of weapons and armour stream in from the warring factions. Bandits and pirates are trying to cash in on the wealth and have on occasion raided the carts/ships filled with ore and rare materials that were bound for Fough Place. Characters must act as bodyguards in order to safely get these wares to their destination. (Mission provided by CounterHex)

Spawn Pool

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/81magnemite.png
Magnet Pull and Analytic
No Egg Moves

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/422shellos.png
Sticky Hold and Sand Force
Curse and Mist

Dionisia's catch level: 1-22
Lilith's catch level: 1-38

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Jul 11 2016, 12:12 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 859
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Awards: 3

http://i66.tinypic.com/2yytjs9.png
Counted!

Lilith was feeling almost pleased about her latest Harper's Passion mission, even with it being on her time off due to injury. It seemed pretty simple: just protecting some metal from bandits on the way to Fough Place. All she'd have to do was walk a lot, keep her eyes open, and put up a good enough fight to scare off anyone looking to steal anything. That was basically what she'd done when she'd gone out into the desert on her days off, before the Schism. And she kind of doubted that any bandits were more dangerous or blood-freezing frightening than a mother Krookodile who'd thought Lilith was looking the wrong way at her eggs.

She bounced on her toes, and then winced. The little jolts shook through her body, aggravating her sore muscles and broken wrist (it was almost healed). She'd just been doing basic Guardian work for a while, while the more experienced Guardians were off handling important, interesting missions. She didn't really envy them much. Her last 'interesting' mission had a bunch of dead people in it, and she doubted that the other Guardians were really enjoying their work. Protecting a caravan's actually pretty good with things all messed up now, she thought, and scanned the Miramossa hills for her partner, But I'm going to have to talk with my partner so they know we're not killing anyone. We don't need to go that far - this might be a good opportunity for bandits, but they're still going to put saving their skins first and run off when they think they're losing. I guess it'd be nice to catch them, but Mother always said dragging bandits back to holding cells is more trouble than it's worth.

She was waiting where the hills smoothed out into a grassy plain, at the beginning of Route 4. One side of the path bordered the desert, and she cast a glance out towards the place where the rippling grass faded into golden sands and brilliant blue sky. She breathed in deeply, catching a taste of the dusty, sharp desert scent through the smell of freshly growing grass. Then she turned away from it, instead taking in the other side of the path. The grass grew thick and long there, a rich green carpet patterned with wildflowers - bright yellows and whites, tiny blues and light purples. Patches of reeds and cattails poked up just far enough away that Lilith had to squint to see them.

Wind lifted the damp, just-washed strands of her hair, and snatched away the drops of water still on her skin. She relaxed it in, sensing Sigi's presence smoothing away any rough edges the breeze had before they could touch her. The Sigilpyh floated above her, drifting back and forth in the sky as though the wind was knocking him off course. Lilith tipped her chin back to smile up at him. Her pack slipped a bit further down her shoulders, knocking at her hips. It'd been a while since the psychic-flying pokemon had the chance to simply rest near his home, to rise into a clear sky and simply enjoy it. His happiness coloured the edges of her mind and mixed with her own excitement. She let it billow up inside her - she was going an adventure! - and then went back to looking for her partner and the caravan.

There was something on the horizon, a black smudge that slowly started to look like a person. Lilith waved wildly at it, a grin spread over her face.

[i'm sorta presuming Dionisia's coming with the caravan since she isn't from Miramossa, and that the caravans carries ores and it coming from Navdia, maybe? i don't know, i'm no good at starting threads Ray. if you need anything fixed, let me know. and if you want to add anything to my thread-bare plot background, feel free <3]

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Ray
 Posted: Jul 18 2016, 02:05 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 405
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:
Dionisia Bosc, James Achilles

Awards: 6

HARPER’S PASSION
Counted!
    Navdia to Miramossa to Fough with a cart loaded down with precious ores was enough to keep a handler on their toes. Especially when the merchants were cheap and only hired one handler to keep a watch out.

Dio was relieved when they began nearing Miramossa; she heard they’d be picking up a guardian to help split watch duties. Getting out of the heart of the desert certainly helped her nerves, too. There hadn’t been any bandits - this time, anyway - but just being surrounded by all those dunes, knowing how easy it was to hide in them, had had Dio up at night.

As the landscape turned from sand to sandy soil, Dio let out a sigh of relief. They were almost there. Lavender nudged her lightly, and she smiled at him and pet his head. As always, her furret had been a rock for her, not to mention a nice way to keep warm in the cold desert nights with all his fur.

Sid grumbled as he trudged next to the carts, keeping pace with where Dio and Lavender were sitting. Dio shot a smile at him, too. “You ready to go back in your ball, or you wanna stay out?” The rhyhorn grunted at her and kept walking and Dio shrugged, settling back down. He had done fine in the desert, but she might have to put him up for the next leg of the journey.

The caravan and her cart rattled onwards, and soon enough Dio could make out hints of greenery in the distance. The landscape changed again, the ground turning verdant. She could make out a lone figure as they got closer; the guardian, she assumed. Soon enough the caravan rolled to a stop and the owner of the cart, a grizzled-looking man with a salt-and-pepper beard, turned to Dio.

“Go make sure that’s our contact, girl,” he said, and she nodded and hopped down. Lavender slunk down to be at her side, but she signaled to Sid to wait by the cart. He snorted in displeasure but obeyed.

Now that they were closer, Dio could make out the guardian’s full silhouette. A slim boy or a woman, and as they got marched forward the guardian’s sex became clear. Dio raised a hand in greeting, and Lavender ran forward to greet the woman, chittering as he went. He stopped in front of her feet, bumping his head against her calves.

As Dio got close enough to where she could make out facial expressions, she smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, he’s a little friendly - is that your Sigilyph? It’s gorgeous. You don’t see too many of those, but I guess around Miramossa there are more.” Dio had to tear her eyes away from the psychic - she’d seen maybe two before, and they were always something to look at, with their coloring.

“Ah, sorry - I’m Dionisia Bosc.” She held out a hand in greeting, would shake with a light grip if Lilith took it. The guardian was a little odd-looking, Dio would admit, but put it mostly down to her blue hair. Dying with berries wasn’t uncommon, but that was definitely taking it to another level.

“So - it’s just me, so far, for handlers, so I’m glad to have you along. Have you lived in Miramossa for most of your life?” Dio couldn’t imagine doing so - the city of illusions was bad enough to pass through, let alone live in. But maybe the guardian was a different sort.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Jul 19 2016, 01:23 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

Counted!

Lilith looked the handler over as she approached. She was a dark-skinned woman - well, dark compared to Lilith's Seel-belly white skin - and wore her hair back under a cloth. She was slender, around Lilith's size but maybe a bit shorter, and her face looked kind (and beautiful). When she got a bit closer Lilith could see she had freckles scattered over the bridge of her nose and across her cheeks, and the edge of a scar on her right arm. Her Furret bounded ahead of her, and rubbed up against Lilith's legs. She beamed, and dropped down to pat the pokemon. His fur was as soft as Silence's throat fur, and fluffier than any pokemon she'd ever touched before.

"Oh," she said, looking up when the handler spoke, "No, he's fine, I like pokemon - yes, Sigi's my pokemon."

She grinned, standing back up. She didn't turn to look at Sigi, but she didn't need to; she could feel him in her mind, vaguely bemused by her joy and pride.

"They aren't too many around Miramossa either," she continued, "At least not that I've seen. Sigi says they normally stick to their routes and I guess none of them pass by Miramossa. But I've seen others in the desert ruins."

She stopped, not wanting to remember Keldandral. The thought of the powerful Sigilyph still made her feel small and weak. Sigi pressed warmth into her mind and she smiled again. (He was merely grateful she hadn't thought to ask him why he had left his route, or to introduce her to other Sigilyph).

"I'm Lilith Fauve," she said, shaking Dionisia's hand enthusiastically, "Well, Guardian Fauve, but not on this trip. It's nice to meet you!"

She smiled at Dionisia brightly, honestly pleased to meet a handler who seemed so pleasant. Fough Place wasn't far from Miramossa and she thought that spending her time on a nice walking trip would probably be a lot of fun. Maybe we'll run into some neat pokemon, she thought, Something rare, or something really weird looking, or maybe one that Dionisia will want to catch. That'd be nice.

"Are we expecting a lot of trouble?" she asked thoughtfully when Dionisia said it was just them, "This is a Passion mission, right? Did they give you any information on it? I was just told to show up here. And I grew up in Marchton, but Miramossa is amazing, isn't it? I mean, I like travelling and seeing new places and in Miramossa you can see something new every day. It's so interesting. I don't think I'd ever want to live anywhere else."

She paused for a second, wondering if she was being rude. It'd been a while since she spoke with someone about anything other than work. Oh - she'd forgotten to ask about Dionisia.

"What about you, where did you grow up? Where are you living now and what's it like? Do you like living there, or do you want to move?"

The flood of questions would continue as they walked ("What's your favourite kind of pokemon? Have you ever been to Pennant Isles? Do you like spicy food?") but Lilith would be politely quiet whenever Dionisia answered a question, or when the woman looked like she was thinking about her answer. When they were close to the wagon, she reached for her second pokeball and released Rai.

"This is V'nyarai - Rai," she told the other handler, "She's my only other pokemon."

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Ray
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 02:02 PM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 405
Member No. 1655
Joined on 16-June 14.

Characters:
Dionisia Bosc, James Achilles

Awards: 6

HARPER’S PASSION
Counted!
    Dio smiled back as Guardian - Lilith - Fauve shook her hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you as well,” she said. The guardian was certainly enthusiastic; she’d probably be good company during their journey. The only problem she could anticipate was that Lilith would be the kind of person who felt the need to fill every moment with chatter rather than enjoy some of what the silence had to offer.

She filled away the information about Sigilyphs for later; it was unlikely they’d run into any, then. Exploring desert ruins, undoubtedly full of old magic traps and Arceus-knew-what-else, didn’t particularly sound like her idea of fun.

After the question about expecting trouble, Dio opened her mouth to answer but promptly shut it as Lilith went on. When there was pause in her mass of words Dio took the opportunity to speak. “No, I don’t think we’re expecting any trouble; just preparing in case there is any, because there have been bandits on the road lately that may try to steal the ore. I don’t know exactly what it is we’re carrying, but I’m hardly an expert on forging weapons so it would probably be meaningless to me anyway.”

And what else had Lilith asked... ah, about Miramossa. Lilith certainly seemed enthusiastic about the town - though could it really be called that, with its few permanent buildings? Dio decided to take the diplomatic route. “It is certainly an awesome place. I don’t know if I could live here like you could; the climate is a little off from what I’m used to, and I admit that the daily changes would throw me off. I imagine you get used to it, though.”

Just as soon as she had answered did Lilith speak up again, this time with questions for her. “I grew up in Navdia Crater and I still live there; my mother captures and sells pokemon and my father helps her and does odd jobs. I do like living there. I enjoy the heat and the culture of the city. And the lake is beautiful. We also have the best food - nowhere else is quite like it.” She remembered spending one night under the stars with her mother attempting to catch water pokemon for a client, secretly hoping that the legendary gyaradros and milotic pair would appear.

Dio answered the rest of Lilith’s questions (“I like normal-types; no,” and “spicy is the only way food should be prepared”) as they walked back to the cart. When Lilith released Rai she had to keep herself from making a little noise - the vulpix was precious.

“She’s lovely,” Dio said, crouching down next to the vulpix. If Rai would let her, she would pet her briefly before standing back up. Lavender would likewise greet the vulpix, happy to meet a new pokemon.

“We should go introduce you,” she said to Lilith. She would lead Lilith to owner of the cart and they would have - hopefully brief, but with Lilith she couldn’t be sure - introductions. The owner was eager to get a move on, hoping to avoid staying in one place for too long.

After letting Lilith get settled, Dio would hop back into her place on the cart, Lavender settling around her. She pointed to the side where Sid still was, settled down for the time being. “That’s my rhyhorn, Sid; I also have a cleffa and a honedge, but they’re both inside their balls for now.”

With everything under control, the cart would move on through Miramossa, rumbling slowly towards its destination.

--------------------
| PM |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Aug 2 2016, 12:29 AM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:

Counted!

Lilith accepted all of Dionisia's answers without a hint of distrust. She tucked the knowledge that they weren't expecting any attack in the back of her mind (after showing it off to Sigi, who sent back a strong certainty that there would be trouble regardless). Lilith gave a mental shrug back; she was sure that they could probably scare any bandits off with a show of force or even an offer of sharing their food or medical supplies. She shifted her weight slightly, feeling the reassuring weight of her pack on her shoulders. It'd been stuffed with bandages, dried meat, little bottles of salty water, dried fruit, berries, and Potions and such. she'd forgone an extra pair of clothes - why did anyone even carry those? She could just wash her clothes in a stream or something if she had to, and it'd be even easier with a water type pokemon.

She was pleased that Dionisia seemed to like Miramossa. For some reason, a lot of people would say the town shouldn't have been built, or skirt around the edges of saying it was weird. Lilith supposed it was, but she thought that was the best part of it. She'd never want to live in a quiet, boring place when she could live somewhere that never stayed exactly the same. She wanted things to change. And Miramossa changed every day.

She tried to think about what it would be like to live in Navdia Crater. Hot, was her first thought, followed by I'd never get to go fishing, or I guess I would, there's that lake - are people allowed to fish in it? I should go visit and find out. If I grew up there, Mother would never let me go out and play in the desert. It's a lot more dangerous than the forest, and Silence wouldn't like it. She likes shadows. The food would be different, and the clothes, and - sand would get everywhere.

The last she knew from previous experience with both the beach and travelling through the desert. It made her crinkle her nose for a second. She was still sure Navdia would be a great place to visit (the lake sounded really neat, she bet there were interesting pokemon in it) but she didn't think she wanted to live there. Sigi very clearly didn't understand her opinion, but he was all made of smooth clay that sand slipped right off of, not sweaty, sticky flesh. He loved the desert, with its heat, winds and clear skies. Lilith liked visiting the desert. To make it her home - well, she didn't want to think of that. For more than one reason.

Lilith practically skipped back to the cart with Dionisia, a smile spread across her face. When she mentioned that food should only be made spicy, Lilith asked her if she could make a meal for them. She hastily assured the other handler that she'd make the meal after that, or lend her supplies, or both.

She puffed up with pride at Dionisia's comment about Rai. So few people recognized how important Rai and Sigi were, how amazing they were, how she'd be lost without them. A lot of the time they barely even nodded when meeting them, which was not the response Lilith thought they deserved.

V'ynarai was pleased too, although she hid it better than her handler. Her tails curled slightly as she let the Navdia woman pet her, and she politely greeted Lavender back. She trailed a few steps behind Lilith as they met the owner of the cart. It passed without too much of a problem; Lilith was getting better at noticing things and she could tell the cart owner wanted to get going. She was probably too bright to pass as a normal Guardian, the Vulpix thought, but the introductions were relatively fast. They quickly got on the cart, Rai jumping up to brace herself against the edge of it, while Lilith perched near Dionisia. Sigi stayed in the air, but was close enough any of the cart's occupants could leap to him if they wanted to.

"He looks like a strong pokemon," Lilith said, "Do you mind telling me how you met him? And - I don't think you ever said your Furret's name? But I'd like to hear about him, too. Is he your first pokemon?"

She leaned back a bit after speaking, her eyes half-closing like a Skitty curled up in the sun. The slight rocking of the cart didn't seem to bother her, although she swayed with it faintly. Her eyes were fixed on Dionisia, and after a few moments she rested her chin on her hand. A faint thought came back into her mind as the cart rolled down the road, and she considered the ways bandits could attack them.

"Dionisia?" she asked, then shook her head, "Even if bandits do attack us, I don't think we should kill them. There's been a lot of trouble for people with the Schism, so they might not have any other choice. I'm not saying we should put their lives over ours, but we should try to talk things out if we can. And not fight lethally, if we can. What do you think?"

Even as she finished speaking, something shifted on the horizon. Dark clouds bloomed across the sky; it looked like they were in for a summer rainstorm. (Or was it something else?)

[and i leave actual bandits up to you, although given what Lilith just said here, i think it might be interesting to explore helping a group of bandits instead of fighting them. it'll probably be harder http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/Emoticons/13.png]

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
Korosensei
 Posted: Aug 11 2016, 09:33 AM
| Quote |

Stupidface McNoctowl
Background Mods
Total Posts: 1614
Member No. 1923
Joined on 24-February 15.

Characters:
Alexander Fitzgerald | Emilie Chartoire

Awards: 5

Mission status: Failure

Comments
    I really enjoyed reading this; the interaction between your characters was well-written and I liked the way you brought the pokemon into the discussions. Unfortunately, this will have to be a failure since the caravan didn't reach its destination, but I still enjoyed it, and look forward to reading more from both of you in the future!

For this thread, I will give Lilith 0.6 EXP and Dionisia 0.5 EXP for the posts they made!
Results
    Lilith is at level 9, 8.2/10.
    Dionisia is at level 7, 3.35/10.

--------------------

user posted image

Past Characters

Korosensei's Post Count Rewards
Caledonia picture by August! Alexander and Casper sprites by Mackay!
| PM || Email || ICQ |
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Great Schism `16 | Next Newest »

| Options | | Closed || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.