Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

• Show Box
  • Hide Box

| Closed || New Topic || New Poll |

Solo Challenge Freeforms; July
Chase
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 06:30 PM
| Quote |

I know nothing
Background Admins/Head Mods
Total Posts: 750
Member No. 815
Joined on 20-January 13.

Characters:
Johann Schnee | Chase Redwood (Retired) | Oliver Spearow (Retired)

Awards: 3

J U L Y

Set Objective Missions
(unless otherwise stated, all missions have a minimum character level requirement of 2)
    Title: Trying to Bake Away
    Quantity: 1
    Restrictions: None
    Description: Peter, a young man of about seventeen years old, is an apprentice baker to an uncle of his. The thing is, this boy is more interested in Pokemon than working at the bakery and he isn't sure how to tell his uncle. He needs help to secure at least two more Pokemon, besides his Growlithe, to fill out his team before he can break the news. He's hoping that if he showed him that he could handle it as a trainer that his uncle would take him more seriously. Unfortunately, he knows nothing about capturing pokemon. Perhaps he can get some help.

Title: The Lost Rose
    Restrictions: Guardian or Order Rogue, minimum level 3; or handler level 5 or more with Guardian connections
    Description: The news has exploded all over [City of Choice] that there have been sightings of a roselia on the loose. The pokemon apparently escaped from a certain Renard Hale, who has requested the help of the Guardians in finding his prized pokemon. The Order has also taken an interest in the rare pokemon, and is sending a team of their own to try to obtain the roselia for themselves. Join the Guardians or the Order to try to find the elusive roselia by any means possible. Bonus points for fleshing out the roselia's personality/making it more than just the object of the mission.

Title: Farquaad’s Request
    Quantity: 2
    Restrictions: Rogue or Order Rogues only.
    Reward type: Gold, items
    Description: Lesser Noble Lord Farquaad has a special request for [Insert Local Trick or Trictess]. It seems that as he was traveling to [Insert City] to attend a party he was invited to, a large dirty man appeared on the local route and attacked him. According to collected intel, the man seems docile until you step foot on 'his land'. He seems to be working alone but is kept company by his mudbray. He may have other pokemon at his disposal. Lord Farquaad asks for you to dispose of this man and come back with his head.
Guild Missions
(you must be a member of the Harper's Passion Guild to take these requests)
    Title: Fossils or Flesh?
    Restrictions: At least level 4 Hunting & Tracking OR Poaching Aptitude
    Reward type: Evolution Stones, Z-Crystals
    Description: An eccentric man named Archibald has posted a job on the Job Board to return his boldore to him. If asked, he will reveal that the pokemon has what looks like part of a fossil sticking out of its back. His motives for finding the boldore again are not so cut-and-dry, and his desire to turn a profit has made him prioritize potential gold over the pokemon. Is your character interested in helping a boldore in need, or are they too easily swayed by the promise of a share of the profits?

Title: The Ice-Shadow of Miramossa
    Restrictions: Must have a fire-type pokemon or access to a fire-type move
    Reward type: Gold, items
    Description: Several travelers have noticed the presence of a strange pokemon in Miramossa. It's not particularly doing anything, but the fact that it looks like an articuno (or, at least, drawings of one) is enough to make famed explorer Charles Post want to seek it and capture it for himself. Join Charles' expedition and find the pokemon. Is it a ghost, an illusion, or a true legend? It's time to find out!

Title: Family Feud
    Restrictions: At least 6 Mediator Aptitude
    Reward type: Gold, Connections
    Description: A large scale conflict has broken up in fair (insert city here). Two affluent families, the Montagues and the Capulets, have had a trans-generational feud for multiple years and it has finally gone too far. A body has been found and this whole thing is becoming a big mess. We need someone to mediate. Whoever manages to end this pointless feud maybe able to make a few allied nobles.
Requesting a Set Objective Mission:
CODE
[h]Title:[/h] (please also indicate if the mission you are taking is a Guild mission!)
[h]Character:[/h] (please provide a profile link)

Open Plot Challenges
(unless otherwise stated, all missions have a minimum character level requirement of 2)
    Challenge: Meet someone from carcassone

Challenge: Start or end a tavern brawl

Challenge: Include a sympathetic slave trader who considers his job moral because he trades only in artisan debtors

Challenge: Someone will have a case of the hiccups, and it will affect the plot and interactions with others in a clear, realistic way

Challenge: Discuss grief and moving on in an in depth, respectful and realistic manner
Requesting a Challenge:
CODE
[h]Challenge:[/h]
[h]Character:[/h] (please provide a profile link)

- - -
This thread will remain open until July 31. August's mission pool will be released on the 3rd or before!

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image user posted image
| PM || Email |
^
Seasle
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 07:19 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 859
Member No. 284
Joined on 28-April 12.

Characters:
Lev Rabuta, Lilith Fauve, Rook

Alllright, I've left this alone for ten days, I think I've been fair. ...Am I allowed to re-title these or?

Challenge: Trying to Bake Away
Character: Lev

Challenge: The Lost Rose
Character: Lilith Fauve

Approved, and I'll give a tentative yes on the retitling.

...it's just that I have a bit of a theme for Lev's titles http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png Could I perhaps switch it to Blue-Butterfly Day? Lilith's is lovely. Also, um, I was hoping to give Lev's 'mons some of the TMs in his items before starting a new freeform thread? Let me know if you mind doing that - I can ask someone else

Retitling ask cleared up, I believe! And by request: Skyling: TMs Protect, Double Team, Rain Dance, Normal MTC for Mimic, +1 Zinc; Estelle: TMs Protect, Hidden Power, Psychic MTC for Gravity, +1 Zinc; Sunny; TMs Protect, Attract, Substitute, Double Team, Flash, Work Up, and +1 HP Up.

--------------------
Lilith Fauve

| PM |
^
jadedragonette
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 04:00 PM
| Quote |

Expert Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 781
Member No. 1874
Joined on 18-December 14.

Characters:
Katheryn Knighton, Edith, Leslie Witcher-Steele

Awards: 6

I can finally do this! Well, more like I finally got Leslie a level so he can do this http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/13.png

Challenge: Discuss grief and moving on in an in depth, respectful and realistic manner
Character: Leslie Witcher-Steele, link in sig!

This will bring him up to 3 ffs...I should probably work on wrapping some of those up lol

Went ahead and processed this so I can do the request~

--------------------
Katheryn Knighton
Profile | Travels | Tracker

Edith

Leslie Witcher-Steele

PCR | Schism Tracker | Dream Teams
| PM || Email |
^
Kaia
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 02:30 AM
| Quote |

Top Handler
Background Mods
Total Posts: 374
Member No. 2161
Joined on 29-December 15.

Characters:
Kalliope Tamsin, Namid Waagosh'Giizis

Challenge: The Lost Rose
Character: Kalliope Tamsin

Approved!

--------------------
Namid and his Travels
PCR

user posted image
Kalliope and her travels
Incredible sprite by Mackay!

| PM || AIM |
^
Riot
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 04:53 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler
Members
Total Posts: 49
Member No. 2384
Joined on 27-July 17.

Characters:
Katherine Hammond

Awards: 1

Yay for poppers putting me up to level two! http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/1.png

Challenge: Fossils or Flesh?
Character: Katherine Hammond

Please and thanks! http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/1.png

You are now approved for the mission!
EDIT: I'm so sorry, but my brain was wandering today and I completely forgot. In order to do a freeform like this, you'll need 5 posts in Travels (3 from mods, 2 from you). The other option at this point is open freeforms at the bottom of this post. Again, my bad http://files.jcink.net/uploads/harperregion/sprites/emoticons/2.png

--------------------
Katherine Hammond
Profile . PCR . Travels
-
Dream Team
| PM |
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »

| Options | | Closed || New Topic || New Poll |

RNG & Word Counter

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten

CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.