Harper Region is temporarily a private site! Registration is temporarily disabled due to big site updates and due to both admins' life schedules -- moving and degree completion and internships. :) If you need to set up a new account or really, really, really want to register, email Rosalie at orosaliearto@gmail.com with "Harper" in the subject line !

Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff


Character Count: 101
Ml: 48 - Fml: 51 - Oth: 2
OR - 14 | R - 17 | H - 47 | G - 23

Quick Updates

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

With the cooling season of Autumn, Ice-types are starting to re-emerge from their hibernation as Ghost-, Normal-, and Flying-types swarm in the largest numbers they will all year. In comparison, wild Fire- and Bug-type populations are falling in number. The migration of Flying-types to the south in search of warmer weather has also started, as Istin City starts to re-freeze and Autumn marks the beginning of Cypwater Point's rainy season. Handlers and Rogues alike should be wary: Ghost-type powers are boosted during this season, at the cost of being more prone to their triggers.

Sister Sites

Pokemon: Terrene

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

  • Show Box
  • Hide Box
 



  | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

 Eggs & Breeding
Rosalie
 Posted: Jul 15 2010, 01:01 AM
| Quote |


It's a box of spiders.
*******
Admin
Total Posts: 2321
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.


Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1




General Information
    Pokemon eggs are a rare and valuable find, even with the gamble of not knowing what pokemon laid the egg. Unlike the games, the baby pokemon has a 50/50 chance of being the same species as the mother or the father. All newly hatched pokemon are level 1.

    You can obtain a pokemon egg in one of the following two ways:
    - Find an egg or obtain one from a site promotion.
    - Breed pokemon.
Hatching an Egg
    Pokemon eggs are hatched by roleplaying. Once your egg has been added to the pokemon section of your profile, you begin an egg count in each post of your travels thread -- so the first post would be one, the next two, etc. Eggs hatch anywhere between 17-25 egg counts. Rarity generally determines the count on which it will hatch, but not always.

    If you bred the egg or purchased it from a breeder, when it hatches egg moves are randomly selected but you may choose a gender, nickname, and choose which of its abilities it will have if it has two Natural Abilities and one Hidden.

    An egg found along your Travels or given when you signed up will have a random gender, egg moves, or abilities (your updater will roll to get which you can choose).

    If an egg is in your character's Storage, it will not receive egg counts due to being frozen and within the Abra Network's care.

--------------------


user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
Rosalie
 Posted: Aug 24 2015, 11:20 PM
| Quote |


It's a box of spiders.
*******
Admin
Total Posts: 2321
Member No. 1
Joined on 19-March 10.


Characters:
Branson Faust, Rohesia Clements

Awards: 1




Breeding Pokemon
    General Requirements & Restrictions:
      In order to breed pokemon, a short development thread must be written with the lead up to the mating -- this can be shorter than average, 2-3 paragraphs to set up the intent and then fade out. Both pokemon must be at least level 18 to breed successfully, and either both must be comfortable with each other or an aphrodisiac item** must be used. If both of these conditions are met, there will be from 60-90% chance for an egg to be produced.

      Pokemon, once bred, may produce up to three eggs from one mating. Larger litters (or families) may be formed both in captivity and in the wild, where one parent takes care of multiple eggs or baby pokemon from multiple breedings. Please note that no one breeding pair may produce more than a maximum of 9 egg in a single real-life calendar year!

      When the bred egg hatches, you will have the same options as you would your starter pokemon in regards to your TM/HM set, gender, and name.
    Breeding With a Wild Pokemon
      In the case that you are breeding your captive pokemon with a wild pokemon, there will be additional restrictions in addition to the general requirements.

      In order to successfully attempt at breeding, both your pokemon and the wild pokemon must be at a minimum of Level 30 or higher, in order to ensure that your pokemon can defend itself against a hostile wild parent. In addition, your pokemon must have at least nine Happiness Bars, or the handler risks the eggs being taken away by a disgruntled and mistrusting wild pokemon parent at the end of the breeding.

      There is also a 30% chance for each egg that you will lose it to the wild parent.
    Inheritance of Moves
      Egg Moves:
        The baby pokemon will know one egg move from each parent if applicable. If both egg moves from one parent are incompatible, you may choose one egg move for the baby pokemon to fill out the second egg move slot. If a parent has a magically supplemented third egg move slot, the baby will have a 30% chance per enhanced parent to inherit the extra slot.
      TM Moves:
        The baby pokemon will inherit all applicable handler-taught TM moves from both parents in addition to its natural TM set. The chance of extra TM moves inheritance is 100% from the parent whose species the offspring belongs to, and 40% for each TM move of the other parent's. The pokemon may also learn only up to five (5) TM moves per parent through breeding, as determined by randomizer.
      Tutor Moves:
        The baby pokemon will have a 50% chance of inheritance per applicable tutor move from each parent. Each move will be rolled for the chance individually. A maximum of (3) tutor moves may be taken from each parent.
      Abnormal Moves:
        Moves from events that the pokemon normally cannot learn cannot be inherited
    Inheritance of Supplemented Traits
      There are few things so little understood and yet so common as minor magery and pokemon themselves, and the nuances of breeding are no exception. It has been found through careful research and generational experimentation by reputed breeders that, if a parent pokemon has been given vitamins in the course of their life to increase an aspect of their health, some twist of lingering magic affects them such that they have a chance of passing this bonus on to their offspring, but of course these are not the only enhancements there are.

      Vitamins:
        If one parent has vitamin-enhanced stats has a 50% chance of inheriting all of the bonuses that the parent has gained from said vitamins.

        If both parents have vitamin-enhanced stats, the baby will have a 70% chance to inherit from the parent of its species and a 30% chance to inherit from a parent of a different species. If both parents are the same species, all boosts will be inherited

        Inherited bonuses do not occlude the offspring from gaining the effect of vitamins up to the normal threshold. Instead, the inherited bonuses act as if they are the pokemon's natural baseline. This goes a long way towards explaining the curious strengthened nature of the pokemon descended from the Harper's own.
      Training Bonuses:
        Stat bonuses from training are rolled individually, and each will have a 30% chance of inheritance from both parents.

        Type resistances and strengths are rolled as a group, where the baby has a 50% chance to inherit the type enhancements from the parent of its species. If both parents are the same species, this chance jumps to 80%.
    Other Traits:
      Strange Coloration:
        Patterns that are close to natural colorations -- darker pelts, lighter pelts, small markings, etc -- the chance of inheritance is 30%. Event patterns cannot be inherited.
      Shiny Coloration:
        Shining coloration, item induced or not, is a recessive trait. With one shiny parent, inheritance chance is 10%. With two shiny parents, inheritance chance is 90%. If neither parent is shiny, there is a 1/6000 chance for the egg to hatch a shiny
      Personality/Skills:
        These are determined by the player, but it is a good idea to honor the parents' personalities and tendencies whenever possible!
      Size:
      • Offspring has a 75% chance of inheriting the size of the parent which matches the offspring.
      Mutations:
      • Occasionally, mutations will happen in pokemons. This is especially true for pokemons who are set to inherit a third egg move and pokemons whose parents used mage-crafted aphrodisiac items in order to induce mating. These mutations are often physical, such as an extra toe, a lopsided crest, odd colorations, and so on. Not all mutations are healthy. Some will cause the pokemon difficulty with their lives and health issues may result.
    **Aphrodisiac Items:
      Two main types of these items are available.
      • Natural: Usually mixtures of herbs in ingestible form. This method works 40% of the time, and may be purchased from the Pokemon Daycare on Route 3, independent apothecaries, or other breeders.
      • Magical: These items come in the same forms as natural concoctions, but are suffused with magic much like potions and therefore work much better, at 95% success rate. Extensive research and observation have noted that Pokemons who used these items tend to experience more of a mutation chance, however.

--------------------


user posted image-- user posted image --user posted image
Branson - - + - - Rohesia
« Pr & Tr » - - * * * - - « Pr & Tr »

(Sprites by Mackay)
Post Count Rewards
Old Characters: Tobias Middleton & Travels, Gineva Winstret & Travels

| PM || Email |
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |


 


 


RNG & Word Counter


Scrolling Affiliates & Listings

PokéFiends Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Mutant Revolution Online BTM affiliates Pokemon: Forever Forgotten


CODE
Skin designed by Daniel of Outline. Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Smogon. Gen 7 Pokemon sprites from smogon.