Welcome to Harper Region

Important Links

Staff

Character Count: 157
Male: 84 ; Female: 73
OR - 17 | R - 31 | H - 75 | G - 31

Quick Updates

See more updates and follow us on Twitter!

Weather Conditions

Season: Autumn

Summer is gone; the region is cooling down with the coming of fall. The deciduous sections of Edgewood Forest have gone from green to yellow, and the moon brings cold winds and the whispers of swarming ghosts in the shadows — for Autumn is their season, when the barrier between life and death weakens for whole months on end, and grants them increased powers at the cost of their self-control. Meanwhile, Cypwater is sliding back into its rainy season and Istin City returns to its habitual freeze. Grass-, Bug-types and certain pokémon prepare for hibernation, while ice-types begin to emerge from their caves.

Sister Sites

Pkmn EPOCH » Creations between Worlds – AU Pokémon RPG. Modern Day. On the edge.

Click here to vote for us once a day!
Our Topsite:
Harper Region Topsite

| Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Freeform Championship Tournament Sign-Up
SuperAfroMan
 Posted: Oct 15 2011, 02:03 PM
| Quote |

God of the Panther Fist

Group: Members
Member No.: 49

Awards: None

Are you stucking with nothing to do but wait for your journey to be updated? Have a cool concept for a character that you won't be able to use in Harper? Wanna improve your skills as a roleplayer while kicking butt at the same time!? Then do I have just the thing for you!

Welcome to the FFC Tournament! Here, members of Harper can pit their dream characters against one another for fun, glory, or a bit of both! From a simple Guardian with a dream of victory to a small child and his parents' prized pokémon, FFC welcomes one and all to join! You can bring over your character from the actual RP, but this will neither help nor hinder their progress. Or you can make an entirely new character and try them out here! The choice is yours!

Remember, this is still a part of the Harper Region site, so all rules apply(this includes General, RP, Freeform, etc.). We're here to have fun, so don't ruin it by being a rulebreaker. You will have six pokémon of your choice that will all be Lv.100. No one knows who is holding this tournament or why, but the prize is rumored to be the position of Lord or Lady of a newly acquired island. The fame and fortune for being a tournament champion isn't so bad either. ;D

Simply fill out the form below to register your character.

CODE
[U]Character[/U]
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Appearance:[/B] (Three to Five Sentence Minimum)
[B]Personality:[/B] (Five to Seven Sentence Minimum)
[B]Registry:[/B] (Brief Sample Registering for the Tournament)

[U]Pokémon[/U]
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Species:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Abilities:[/B] (Choose Two)
[B]Moves:[/B] (Choose Six)
[B]TMs:[/B] (Choose Three)
[B]Egg Moves:[/B] (Choose Two)

Thanks for your interest and good luck!

Participants
Afro - Marcell "Afro" Johnson

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
--------
PROFILE - JOURNEY
| PM || Site || IM |
^
SuperAfroMan
 Posted: Oct 15 2011, 07:38 PM
| Quote |

God of the Panther Fist

Member No.: 49

Character
Name: Marcell Johnson
Appearance: Marcell stands at six feet over three inches and weighs one hundred and ninety four pounds. He has eyes the color of the ocean waves and blackish brown hair styled in a spherical orb of trimmed perfection. He has dark skin the color of caramel and a muscular build like that of a professional fighter. His attire consists of nothing more than simple black pants with blue flame designs wrapping around the ends. His torso is completely exposed, showing off a large scar that sits diagonally upon it. Studded gauntlets wrap around his hands, though the material is cut off at the fingers. A small golden hoop sits in his left earlobe as decoration.
Personality: Marcell is an egotistical man who is always searching for a new challenge. He has a strong competitive spirit and loves the adrenaline rush of a good fight. While he is cocky and a bit abrasive, Marcell is a decent man overall. He will always stand up for others with unparalleled bravery and protects both friends and complete strangers with unwavering conviction. He has a habit of cracking jokes and using humor in every situation, which leads to him hardly taken anything seriously. The only thing Marcell enjoys more than pokémon battles is food; he can eat for days if you let him. While many peg him as a bit dumb, Marcell is actually extremely intelligent and an excellent tactitian. He's not a man to underestimate, that's for sure.

Registry: "A tournament, eh? Well this should be good! I could use my own island too. Lord Afro of Harper...yeah, that has a nice ring to it! Sign me up!" Afro said, more to himself than the actual registration maid behind the counter. At his feet, an oddly colored glaceon rolled her eyes at Afro's display. Marcell Johnson, also known as Afro, was a bit of a cocky biggot when it came to competitions. While pride was a big issue with him, Afro wasn't without skill and had an ego for a reason.

Battling his prized pokémon was what Afro lived for and this tournament would be another way to show the region of Harper why he was the greatest handler of his generation. Hopefully the competition would be up to par with him or else there'd be no joy in taking such a prestigious prize.

Pokémon
Name: Claude
Species: Lucario
Abilities: Inner Focus, Justified
Moves: Aura Sphere, Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse, Detect, Extremespeed, Swords Dance
TMs: Double Team, Earthquake, Psychic
Egg Moves: Blaze Kick, Bullet Punch

Name: Orden
Species: Charizard(Shiny)
Abilities: Blaze, Solar Power
Moves: Air Slash, Dragon Claw, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, Smokescreen
TMs: Fly, Hyper Beam, Sunny Day
Egg Moves: Dragon Pulse, Metal Claw

Name: Virgil
Species: Zoark
Abilities: Illusion
Moves: Agility, Hone Claws, Nasty Plot, Night Daze, Night Slash, U-Turn
TMs: Aerial Ace, Double Team, Flamethrower
Egg Moves: Detect, Extrasensory

Name: Fredrick
Species: Haxorus(Shiny)
Abilities: Rivalry, Mold Breaker
Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Dual Chop, Guillotine, Swords Dance, Giga Impact
TMs: Cut, Poison Jab, Rock Slide
Egg Moves: Iron Tail, Night Slash

Name: Anastasia
Species: Glaceon(Shiny)
Abilities: Snow Cloak, Ice Body
Moves: Barrier, Blizzard, Hail, Ice Fang, Mirror Coat, Quick Attack
TMs: Dig, Double Team, Ice Beam
Egg Moves: Curse, Stored Power

Name: Ezekiel
Species: Drapion
Abilities: Sniper, Keen Eye
Moves: Acupressure, Cross Poison, Hone Claws, Ice Fang, Toxic Spikes, Venoshock
TMs: Toxic, Substitute, X-Scissor
Egg Moves: Night Slash, Confuse Ray

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
--------
PROFILE - JOURNEY
| PM || Site || IM |
^
Nevar
 Posted: Oct 15 2011, 09:34 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler

Member No.: 40

(Tired now, need a break. I'll pick this up again in a bit but for now this is WIP)

Character
Name: Callen Fallows
Appearance:
Personality: Callen is a bit shy, always trying to avoid eye-contact, he often comes off as weak or just heavily sheltered. One would never guess by looking at him that he comes from a family of swordsmen and blacksmiths. Callen is at his best when surrounded with rock, coal or some other mineral dug up from the Earth, which is quite ironic considering that he specializes in bird pokemon. Every member of his family go through harsh lessons to become both talented smiths and swordsmen(or women) and as such his training will kick in his he feels his life is in danger, leaving his attacks shocked that such a pitiful coward suddenly has a blade to their throats.

Registry:

Pokémon
Name: Sargent Slash (Nicknamed: Sarge)
Species: Farfetch'd
Gender: http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Abilities: Keen Eye, Inner Focus
Moves: Poison Jab, Air Slash, Night Slash, Swords Dance, Sand Attack, Slash
TMs: Fly, Double Team, Aerial Ace
Egg Moves: Roost, Leaf Blade

Pokémon
Name: Chorus
Species: Chatot
Gender: http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
Abilities: Keen Eye, Big Pecks
Moves: Mirror Move, Sing, Echoed Voice, Hyper Voice, Chatter, Roost
TMs: Toxic, Double Team, Rain Dance
Egg Moves: Night Shade, Sleep Talk

Pokémon
Name: Grace
Species: Swanna
Gender: http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335251.gif
Abilities: Big Pecks, Hydration
Moves: Hurricane, Water Pulse, Rain Dance, Feather Dance, Roost, Aqua Ring
TMs: Dive, Ice Beam, Fly
Egg Moves: Brine, Steel Wing

Pokémon
Name: Spoony
Species: Xatu
Gender: http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/HarperRegion/Sprites/e335252.gif
Abilities: Magic Bounce, Synchronize
Moves: Night Shade, Miracle Eye, Confuse Ray, Teleport, Future Sight, Psychic
TMs: Psyshock, Thunder Wave, Shadow Ball
Egg Moves: Roost, Zen Hedbutt

Pokémon
Name: Frosty
Species: Delibird
Abilities: Hustle, Bital Spirit
Moves: Present, Hail(Sub), Ice Beam(Sub), Blizzard(Sub), Frost Breath(Sub), Fly(Sub)
TMs: Brick Break, Protect, Toxic
Egg Moves: Ice Punch, Icy Wind

Pokémon
Name: Goth
Species: Mandibuzz
Abilities: Big Pecks, Overcoat
Moves: Dark Pulse, Bone Rush, Mirror Move, Gust, Whirlwind, Faint Attack
TMs: Shadow Ball, Snarl, Taxic
Egg Moves: Roost, Mean look

--------------------
| PM || Email |
^
Donthor
 Posted: Dec 4 2011, 05:42 PM
| Quote |

Novice Handler

Member No.: 79

Character
Name: Walter Smith
Appearance: He is dark skinned from constantly being in the desert heat. He wears a shemagh-keffiyeh (I think that’s what it is called at least) to cover his head except for his eyes. His brown eyes show a deep knowledge buried behind his cold gaze. He wears a pair of scimitars at his waist each with a jeweled hilt. When he is not wearing his shemagh-keffiyeh he has no facial hair and looks funny as the tanned skin around his eyes make him look like he is wearing a mask. He wears lose fitting cloth armor of natural colors that help him move around in the desert without being seen. He has many scars that show his veteran status through his many encounters with dangerous people and pokemon and the elements.

Personality: Walter is a lonely man with a serious personality. The loss of his wife has made him bitter and Walter focuses most of his time on work. When engaged in conversation he gets straight down to business. Walter loves coffee and talking about it is the only way to get him side tracked. He is quick to anger but never loses his calm in battle. He is at home in the Sandstorms his pokemon create and has no problems talking to his pokemon the weather.

Registry: Walter stood with Rex by his side looking out of place at the entrance of the building where the registration was being held. He frowned not many people had arrived for the battle that was about to take place. There was something odd about the tournament but it was going to be fun finding out what really was happening behind the scenes. Walter walked up the registration maid who was sitting behind the counter and said “I would like to enter this battle tournament. Here is my information.” he said jotting down the information needed. Rex poked his head in the building slightly scaring the women behind the counter. “Be patient” the handler said to the Tyranitar who obviously was getting impatient for the battle to begin. This is going to be fun he thought exiting the building.

Pokémon
Name: Rex
Species: Tyranitar
Abilities:Sand Stream, Unnerve
Moves: Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Payback
TMs: Hone Claws, Protect, Toxic
Egg Moves:Stealth Rock, Dragon Dance

Pokémon
Name: Storm
Species:Hippowdon
Abilities: Sand Sream, Sand Force
Moves: Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Earthquake, Crunch, Fissure
TMs: Toxic, Protect, Bulldoze
Egg Moves:Whirlwind, Revenge

Pokémon
Name: Fang
Species: Garchomp
Abilities: Sand Veil, Rough Skin
Moves: Fire Fang, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Dig, Dragon Rush, Slash
TMs: Hone Claws, Eartquake, Aerial Ace
Egg Moves: Iron Head, Outrage

Pokémon
Name: Shield
Species: Steelix
Abilities: Rock Head, Sheer Force
Moves:Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Smack Down, Double Edge, Iron Tail
TMs: Gyro Ball, Bulldoze, Earthquake
Egg Moves: Heavy Slam, Stealth Rock

Pokémon
Name:Blade
Species: Skarmory
Abilities: Keen Eye, Sturdy
Moves: Steel Wing, Agility, Spikes, Night Slash, Slash, Feint
TMs: Sky Drop, X-Scissor, Swords Dance
Egg Moves: Drill Peck, Pursuit

Pokémon
Name: Rage
Species:Rhyperior
Abilities: Reckless, Solid Rock
Moves: Poison Jab, Chip Away, Drill Run, Megahorn, Rock Wreaker, Hammer Arm
TMs: Earthquake, Smack Down, Swords Dance
Egg Moves: Thunder Fang, Ice Fang

--------------------
| PM |
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Other | Next Newest »

| Options | | Add Reply || New Topic || New Poll |

Scrolling Affiliates & Listings
WHAT A SHAME Illuminated
PokéFiends Snowl’s Space: a Contest and Gym Challenge RPG Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG VictorySeekers BEP Masters Academy

Skin designed by Daniel of Outline